• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Open! Multiple slots open!) Warriors: Beyond the stars

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silverwind. Knew there no longer any point in arguing with some of these cats and she also wouldn't be a bit surprised if eventually the Clans begin split in half with Believers and non-believers of starclan. All she want to do is help her clean and protect her ancestors and if others were to turn their back on them little probably end up wandering for the rest of their Eternal lives. Turning she looked around at the other cats that were sitting up near where the leaders were wondering what these cats abilities were. Apparently cats with the abilities range from apprentices to Warriors Etc so this is going to be an interesting event

Otterpaw's ears twitched and eyes widened as she saw the flora grow around Spiderpaw. He had to be the other gifted from her clan, but she just couldn't believe it. She was friendly with Spiderpaw and hadn't suspected anything about him having a gift. Then again, she hadn't really known anything about others having powers and hadn't realized she had actual prophetic powers. She just thought she was a really strong swimmer.

She made her way over to the group of cats this time being polite and saying, "Excuse me." as she padded through the gathered cats.

She moved to stand besides Spiderpaw almost protectively. She let the gifted warrior of Thunderclan speak to his parents while she sat besides Spiderpaw and wrapped her tail around him. "Y'know I think its really cool. Its nothing to be afraid of. We'll be able to learn about our powers together ok?" Her voice was soothing as she tried to help out her friend.

In all honesty, she had to admit that she was beginning to have doubts. Like one of the cats had said, it would slow down her training by a whole lot. She wasn't one to want to rush to be a warrior and thought taking it slow and easy was alright, but it was a little scary to think her training would be delayed for however long the journey took. When she got home all the apprentices would be warriors and there would be a whole new set of apprentices in the den. Lilypaw would probably become a full medicine cat at that point too. Well, right now, she had to worry about Spiderpaw and how his parents were treating him.

Stormstreak, Otterpaw's older brother, had come over to try and remedy the situation. He gave a nod of approval over to Otterpaw and a reassuring smile at Spiderpaw. "Alright, we should all calm down here. Ivywaters, Hailstorm, your son has a wonderful ability and I'm sure Otterpaw will make sure to look out for him on the journey." Otterpaw looked up and nodded. Stormstreak seemed to think that they were just worried about Spiderpaw going on the journey which was not the case. He then narrowed his eyes at the Thunderclan she-cat. "And maybe you should go worry about your own clan." He said passive aggressively. Stormstreak wasn't as friendly as Otterpaw was but he usually wouldn't be so cold to another clan. Otterpaw guessed that it was just about the tension that everyone felt, but what she didn't know was that her brother was worried about her sister going on the journey seeing as she had a gift he didn't know about.

Hawkpaw | Sky | Tom | Apprentice | Umbrakinesis

The ground would begin shaking underneath them after a time and Hawkpaw's ears flattened against his head as he looked around, even his mentor pausing. The two cats looked about them as the ground shook, searching the ground to see flowers and the earth trembling around Riverclan, his eyes catching sight of one of the apprentices of the fish-eating clan. Was this nonsense about curses really truly real? His mentor seemed to sense his unanswered question for the tom turned back to look at Hawkpaw. "I will train you so long as I am alive," said the cat, "if you choose to go on this...rather harebrained scheme. Assuming I don't die in the meantime, otherwise your training will likely start over. But what your kin says is true...it isn't fair to take apprentices from their clans."

“Don’t like it,” said Hawkpaw. “I just started training. They can find someone else,” he hissed angrily, tail lashing behind him. The cat’s ears twitched as he he heard the commotion continue behind him at one of the other clans but the kit did his best to ignore the shaking ground beneath his paws. “This is not fair!” The other cats were gathered around someone in River clan and the new apprentice used that distraction to go find his mother, Thunder suspecting his brother wanted to go back home. As soon as he found his mother, he walked up to her, the molly looking down at her kit.

“Hawkpaw, you’re me for and Thunder are right in that this will affect your training,” she said. “And it is not fair. To you or the otter apprentice that is being forced to go on this…harebrained journey,” Mama didn’t have much opinion on Star Clan anymore the kit knew and tended to not let her kittens hear such silly nonsense. They hadn’t helped her when she had needed them. “For all we know this curse will be lifted once Star Clan has their way,” she said in disgust. “But it is your choice Hawkpaw and I will die before I let anyone tell you to go on this journey or accept this curse.”

Hawkpaw listened as his mother spoke, then looked at his mentor who had followed his apprentice. He had already spoken his piece but there was no certainty that he would be alive or Hawkpaw would survive the journey. His mentor didn’t much like the idea of Hawkpaw having a gift nor did he like how leaders got nine lives which he said wasn’t fair to the rest of the clans. He looked to Snake and Omen who offered their own opinions, Snake spitting at the idea of helping dead cats and his sister who seemed unsure and afraid of the entire thing. He kneaded his paws on the snow, the cold biting into his paw pads as he stood there. Some cats seemed tired now for he could see some apprentices and kits in his clan yawning. The little tom kitten felt anger well up in him and his claws unsheathed as he realized that his training and hoped of being a warrior were ruined thanks to selfish dead cats that had nothing to do with his family. “Selfish,” hissed Hawkpaw. “They no care about apprentices losing training.”

“That’s obvious,” said Snake in disgust.

There was quite a commotion going on by the fish eaters yet his siblings watched him, his littermates saying nothing. Fogpaw did meow at him and stumbled towards Hawkpaw, the kit looking down at his blind brother. Fogpaw was the smallest of the litter and mother had not borne any more kittens since coming to Sky Clan several moons ago. Nor did his mother have a mate, not trusting other toms in the clan. Hawkpaw was scared, angry and envious of the cats that would complete their training. Something nobody in that group by the tree seemed to care about. He would be old and be with babies and that ruffled his fur at the thought.

“I have a curse,” said Hawkpaw, for he refused to think of this as a gift or something special. This caused some sky cats to look at him. “I have power over shadows,” he meowed nervously but only a few of his clan seemed to hear him. “I don’t like this or believe in Star Clan. Don’t want to go on this stupid journey either.” His ears went back against his head as he looked at his clan mates who hissed at him and he shakily walked forward, his mother and mentor nodding as he moved forward to sit by the Sky clan leader.

Spiderpaw | River | Tom | Apprentice | Flora Manipulation

Spiderpaw didn't notice the earth trembling or the flowers and vines coming from the ground as his emotions took hold, though his parents did and some of his clan did as well it seemed for there were soon nervous chittering and scared meows from some of the kits as they huddled near their dams. Meanwhile, his mother and father were hissing angrily at him to stop his nonsense, the kit flinching as he felt his father nip his bad ear. It caused him to shriek in surprise and he curled tighter into a ball, flattening his ears against his skull. Thus, he didn't notice one of the cats from another clan looking at him in potential sympathy. This, however, did not stop another cat from speaking up and his mother looked up at the cat who was in a different clan hissing at them to leave Spiderpaw alone. The earth and flora didn't stop moving with the kit's fear and uncertainty, some cats now staring at the pair of warriors and Spiderpaw. While Spider could feel the stares, he wasn't looking at anyone but his parents seemed annoyed with the stares.

When a cat would shout at them from another clan, telling his parents to leave him alone, Spiderpaw swiped a paw at his eyes, leaving snow in his eyes which he had to then try getting out. A second cat would come on over to them this time, speaking to his parents as his father lifted his head from Spider's ear and stared at the cat. Obviously they were from another clan for his father stared at the molly that appeared. "Kindly return to your own clan and remain out of River Clan business, let alone the business with our kit," said the tom cat. Being told that their son had a 'wonderful gift,' made both felines scoff at the Thunderclan cat's words. "You think this..." he gestured with a paw towards the flora, "is a gift? Star Clan has no idea what they are doing. He is going to be a warrior. Star Clan is ruining the chances of apprentices from being warriors and messing with their training, forcing them to be mentored long past is appropriate," he said.

When the cat addressed Spiderpaw himself, their shadow falling over him, the kit lifted his head slightly to find himself looking at a molly from a different clan and therefore meant one he did not recognize as Spiderpaw had grown up in his territory. He stared at the cat as it asked if he was okay. "C...c...coo...cold," he said. "Wa...wanna...go...home," he chittered. "This...no gift," he hissed out. "Curse...mistake from...mythical cats," he chittered. Even Spiderpaw knew Star Clan had made a mistake by giving a worthless kitten such as he a curse. Unless it had been given to him by Dark Forest instead.

Yet another cat approached, this one an apprentice that his parents recognized as Otterpaw. The feline stared at Otterpaw as she moved to sit beside him, his parents looking at each other. “So, Star Clan is ruining yet another apprentice’s training,” said Ivywaters with an angry hiss. “Such selfishness and inconsideration.”

Spider shook his head as Otterpaw said that she thought it was cool and they could learn about these powers together. “Not a gift. Not a gift. Mistake,” he said. “Don’t d…deserve this,” he stammered. His parents and siblings knew it, why didn’t Star Clan or Dark Forest believe it? Spiderpaw knew he was weak and a bother on other cats. He could see it in how they treated him with his twisted leg which made fighting and swimming difficult. There were other normal cats that could take on this curse. “I don’t want curse,” he meowed fearfully, tears again welling up in his eyes and beginning to fall, making the Thunder cat and others blurry as he curled even together to try getting warm, Otter’s tail curling around him not doing much for his cold form. “Want go home. Tired…cold.”

Stormstreak was next to come over to the group of cats, telling his parents to calm down and both turned narrowed anger eyes on the warrior. “This is no gift! You may think it is a gift, but we do not,” yowled Ivywaters. “Nor is it a wonderful ability as you claim Stormstreak. “This is going to set your sister back in her training. How can you allow such foolishness?!”

“He is not going,” said Hailstorm with finality. “Star Clan, since they are ‘here’, can take this from him right now and give it to someone else.”

As the warrior spoke to the Thunderclan molly, his parents looked at each other, then at Otter. “She is an apprentice. What can she do to protect our son? It doesn’t matter. Like Hail says, Spider is not going on this trip and that is final. Nor do we appreciate some molly from another clan butting into our family business. Our son is going to continue his training and become a warrior like us and his littermates and help contribute something worthwhile to our clan and our family that spans across the five clans. Going on some journey will do nothing for him at all.”

“Perhaps someone should ask if Spiderpaw wishes to go on this journey,” spoke another voice and a slender tom moved into the fray. Mouseleaf, Spider’s and Owl’s mentor, looked over at his apprentice and turned to Hailstorm and Ivywaters. “You should be comforting your son and keeping him warm. He’s shivering though the fault lies also with our leader forcing the apprentices here,” he acknowledged, finding fault with their leader as well. “Spider, do you wish to go on this journey?” The cat padded over to his apprentice, seeing Otter sitting at one side of Spider and nodded to the other kit as he lay down next to Spider who huddled into his mentor’s fur. The cold was bad for the cat who was a Siamese yet he somehow persevered, blue eyes looking angrily at Ivywaters and Hailstorm.

Spider shook his head furiously in the negative. “No. I don’t want…curse. Don’t….want go on…j…journey!” He shook his head, tears again freezing as they left tracks down his cheek fur. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to be a warrior but he didn’t want to go on a journey with other cats either where he knew he’d run a higher risk of death then by staying home and training.

Last edited:

• Slowly, more and more cats collected around the family in RiverClan. While she felt terrible for the apprentice, Sorrellark couldn't say that she entirely agreed with every clan sticking their nose into RiverClan's issues. They were only going to stress the apprentice out more. The last thing that they needed was a real argument, or StarClan forbid a fight, breaking out here.
    While Ambertuft was too focused on the situation in RiverClan to notice, Sorrellark did take note of the SkyClan apprentice that had announced his gift. She perked her head up a bit, trying to spot him as he weaved through his clan to come sit near the leader. She dipped her head in greeting to him. Even if he was reluctant, it was good sign that he had decided to come on board. They would need all the help they got.
    Trying to keep her mind off of the RIverClan apprentice, she looked over the cats with her. Two- No, three ShadowClan cats, now. She supposed that one must have come over quietly during the commotion. Uncertain if he was gifted or not, she tried not to worry about it, and instead continued looking over the others. One other WindClan cat, two ThunderClan, two SkyClan, and two RiverClan, though only one had come to join them. The other had walked off a minute ago to help her fellow apprentice, a move that Sorrellark was far more understanding of. Adding that up, it appeared that they had found their ten, plus one.
    "... What are your names?" she whispered under the bickering of the Clan cats, curious eyes flitting from one gifted cat to another, "Mine is Sorrellark."

Last edited:
Moonfeather nodded in agreement with the Skyclan Tom that had walked up and spoke.

She held herself back, from comforting the apprentice, even if she felt she needed to, he wasn't her apprentice. Nor was he from her clan.

She sighed and looked down. "I know I was wrong coming over here. But I just wanted to make sure he was okay. I have a bad habit of making sure the young and elderly are put first." She mumbled softly.

She then looked up, directly speaking to the apprentice now. "It is ultimately your decision, little one, if you do not wish to go, we can not force you to. But like this Tom said," She flicked her tail to the Skyclan Tom.

"It could give all apprentices more experience. Even some that we as clan cats, might not have already." She finished. She then tipped her head and walked back into the crowd that was her clan. She was searching for a certain apprentice.

When she found them, she sat down in front. "Mistpaw, correct? You didn't seem to believe me earlier. So, shall I speak for your guardian? If I can remember she was very close to you, Featherpaw, was her name." She spoke gently.

She didn't know that this apprentice had a gift, but she did know he was heartbroken, as she had caught sight of him more then a few times.

She layed down, tucking her paws under her, in a sort of loaf shape, as she awaited his answer.

Murkpelt
Reedfrost

-ShadowClan-

The two friends were huddled up next to each other, taking in the warmth from the breeze that Murkpelt was controlling. "Your gift is cool," Reedfrost complimented Murkpelt. "Thank you, Reedfrost," she mewed, ignoring all the commotion that surrounded them. She had already used most of her anger this morning and could simply care less of what was happening. She somewhat noticed all the cats that also had gifts had stuffed themselves into the group. Murkpelt had heard one ask of their names, of the group actually.

Murkpelt. But my friend here is just afraid to leave my side,” Murkpelt meowed vaguely. “I’m not scared! I just want you to be safe and I’m cold. Nice to meet you, Sorrellark,” Reedfrost butted in before Murkpelt could say anything to reply.

I hate how this feels like chaos— no… a riot here,” Murkpelt spat. Anger was clearly heard in her accented tone.​

Duskshine sat alone, his head was tilted up at the stars that shined in the sky.

He pondered a couple thoughts, but eventually shook them off. He tried to ignore all of the commotion going on, especially where all the Riverclan cats where.

He tried to block out the emotions he felt, but found he couldn't do so.

He tried to rest, curling his fluffy tail around himself to keep warm.

Silverwind and continue to look around the Clans knowing full well that things man badly it also signed her that a lot of cats didn't believe in starclan but she couldn't force them to believe but she would go to any lengths to help starclan so she decides best action would be to sit and wait patiently to see what happened. She knew this was not going to be an easy thing and some of these gifted cats would probably refuse to help on this journey she couldn't blame them because doing this was very scary and she didn't know how long they would be gone or what could happen along the way there are so many unpredictable variables that could happen

Otterpaw flattened her ears to her head as Spiderpaw's parents spoke about how Starclan was ruining her training. It made her doubts about leaving prominent in her mind. She forced herself to relax her ears and appear calm, trying to help Spiderpaw. It would do no good for him if she appeared to be shaken up as well.

"Its alright." She murmured soothingly at Spiderpaw as he said he wanted to go home. She tried to distract him from the harsh words his parents were giving at the other cats. "We'll go home real soon. Just stay calm and rest." She pressed her body closer to his to try to give him more warmth.

She looked up at her brother who was trying to be calm. She could tell he was becoming irritated from the two cats. She knew that he didn't like when other cats questioned his judgement especially when it came to his two younger sisters. Besides, this was Otterpaw's decision. Though he didn't like the danger it might put her in, it was ultimately her decision. Starclan thought she was capable enough to give her her power. A power he hadn't been told about. The siblings were all close which was why it had been a shock when Otterpaw had announced her power to the five clans without his knowledge that she even had a power.

He especially didn't like how they seemed to hinder Otterpaw's ability saying that 'she's just an apprentice'. Clanmates looked after each and he knew that Otterpaw would help Spiderpaw through whatever they went through on the journey. She had a good heart and would likely help any cat regardless of their clan. That was just how she was. Always wanting to make friends with anyone and being good spirited.

Stormstreak nodded in agreement with Mouseleaf. "Yes, their decision. Not yours." He said bitterness in his tone as he looked at Ivywaters and Hailstorm. They were the ones being ignorant. Ignorant of what their own son wanted and that made him furious. He hated how his own clanmates could act that way.

Stormstreak once again agreed with the other cats, the Thunderclan and Skyclan cats. The apprentices would be able to get valuable experience that could make them better warriors in the end. What they said also helped Otterpaw's nerves a little. She'd be able to get warrior experience from both the journey and other cats going on it. She could make friends with them all and maybe learn about hunting and fighting techniques from other clans. She had always wanted to learn about that stuff and mix it into her own style of fighting. It seemed like a missed opportunity to not learn from each other and instead fight one another. Maybe this would bring the clans together.

"Yeah, its all up to you." She turned her head back to Spiderpaw. "The journey could end up being a great thing. I know you'd be able to do it." She said the last sentence with finality as though the idea of him being capable enough to go was set in stone and nothing would be able to change that. "New experience and new friends. But, if you do not wish to go then you don't have to. Just remember that its all up to you and no one else." She gave a glare to his parents and then went back to him with a softer expression. "Either way I'll support you."

Mistpaw jumped a little as a cat from his own clan spoke and sat next to him. He nodded at her question, though he remained silent and looked away. He only looked back when she mentioned Featherpaw. There was just no way that she was really here. "Y-yes." His voice croaked out. He wasn't used to using it. Ever since Featherpaw's death he had chose to stop speaking, only doing so when he absolutely needed to. "Featherpaw..." He looked down at his paws and at the snow around them.

Meanwhile, Featherpaw was just staring at Moonfeather. She opened her mouth to speak to her, to tell her to tell Mistpaw things, but then her attention shifted to another starry cat who gave her a look. A look that said don't. She closed her mouth and just stared at Moonfeather and hoped she would understand. They weren't supposed to interfere for anything other than the prophecy and there were other ancestors who did that. She was being selfish, she knew that, but she couldn't bear the thought of Mistpaw being so sad because of her death.

Mistpaw looked up at Moonfeather. "Is it true? Is she really here?" He asked looking around. He blamed himself for her death. He was sent that vision. He could've gotten there in time to save her. The only reason she would be here would be to haunt him for not saving her. That's what he thought anyways.

Hawkpaw | Sky | Tom | Apprentice | Umbrakinesis

Hawkpaw made himself as comfortable as possible, not seeking the comfort of the Sky Clan leader and ignoring the chatter from many cats over at River Clan. He didn’t know why they were so concerned about a cat not of their clan. His mentor said that the apprentices could be harmed since they were no longer kits and could be killed and nobody would bat and eye. One of the cats asked about the names as a molly came back from the River cats and searched for another apprentice in the group. It seemed there were at least two, possibly three. “Hawkpaw,” said Hawkpaw after a molly introduced herself as Sorrellark and another said they were Murkpelt with a fella named Reedfrost who was the friend of Reedfrost. The cats all seemed to be of different clans, that he didn’t know who else was here of Sky Clan. He didn’t say much more after introducing himself, instead yawning and laying down before falling asleep.

“Our son is perfectly fine,” said Ivywaters. “Kindly learn to worry about your own clan’s kits and elders. He is an apprentice, therefore not your concern,” she spat.

Spider didn’t respond at all to Moonfeather’s words as he lay betwixt Mouseleaf and Otterpaw, his parents angrily contradicting the Thunderclan cat that had encroached upon their family business. The kit knew they only tolerated his mentor, Otterpaw and Stormstreak due to them being of their clan. Yet the kit tilted his head to hear better as he heard the molly say that he wouldn’t be forced to go and looked at his mentor who was silent at the noise from Spider’s parents. Even then, Otterpaw tried to make reassurances to Spider that they'd go home soon. "But you won't go anywhere if you go on dangerous journey," he meowed fearfully. "You'll die if you go...they...enemies," he said, looking to the other cats by the tree that weren't their leader, deputy and medicine cat.

Both felines turned their heads to the tom that had spoken up before who seemed to have followed the Thunder molly to their clan, the tom spoke to them, saying it was not their decision. “The clans are separate for a reason,” said Ivywaters. “And it is our decision as his parents,” she hissed angrily. “If we were intended to be one clan, then surely ‘Star clan’ would have made it so.” The name was spat out with hostile bitterness.

“The only experience he’ll get or need is here in his clan,” spoke Hailstorm as Moonfeather left to rejoin her own clan. As another cat spoke up, a vein in the tom’s head pulsed angrily at these cats from other clans interfering in their business. “And have our son and his friend be old and have to start over in their training, potentially with new mentors in the event their mentors die, with new apprentices younger than them while their friends are warriors? No thanks. That isn’t fair to them at all.” It wasn’t really out of concern for Otterpaw, but out of the embarrassment this was going to cause himself and his mate as well as the rest of their family. Though, the other cats of their family that were in the other clans were silent, preoccupied with their own decisions on the winter. Before anything else could be said, Stormstreak spoke up again about this not being the decision of Ivywaters and Hailstorm, causing the tom to scowl at Stormstreak. "Mind your business kit," he snapped irritably at Stormstreak. "Maybe if you weren't so deaf, you'd realize our son has no wish to go on this journey. About the only common sense he has about this foolish endeavor," he muttered the last part under his breath.

“My apprentice has no wish to go,” said Mouseleaf, interrupting the conversation. “He will not be forced to go nor will he be forced to stay. He has spoken for himself and everyone should respect that,” he said. “However, Ivywaters and Hailstorm also have a point in that it is ultimately their decision as his parents,” he said, getting to his paws. “Now, since my apprentice has no desire to go with you, I am going to take him back to our territory.”

He nudged Spider’s head, grabbing his scruff and pulling him up onto his paws. He waited as Spider leaned against him until he was steady enough on his own four paws. “Star Clan would do well to take my apprentice’s ‘gift’ from him if he doesn’t want it either,” said Mouseleaf after a moment, “nor since he will be going and it gives him an unfair advantage over others apprentices he trains with when practice fighting.” Though his apprentice did not use his gift often due to fearing it and feared hurting Owlpaw or other apprentices. He knew his apprentice was no fighter even if his parents refused to see it. Sometimes, he wondered if it was right only having one rank but he hoped that Spider would get over his insecurities in time. Mouseleaf was not sure if it would happen though and had no idea really what would become of Spiderpaw.

His parents didn’t stop Mouseleaf from saying he was going to take their son back to their territory, they were glad of it in fact. “Put Spider in our den,” said Hailstorm.

“You do realize you’re meant to sleep in the warrior den,” said Mouseleaf. But there were a few cats that did not follow the old ways as it was with the belief of Star Clan fading. The Siamese tom knew Ivywaters had not even birthed any litters within the nursery either. "You can be friends with other clans," said Mouseleaf to Spiderpaw as his apprentice looked at him. "However, I think it's a bit foolish since they'll battle you one day and clans must be loyal to their own clan over their friends in other clans which means the potential for dying at the paws of a friend from another clan," he said. "There's cats that can't deal with that fact of life," he said. Mouseleaf never saw a reason to lie to his apprentices about how harsh life was out there for cats surrounding the lake. The tom had seen quite a few young warriors become fearful when on their own after their apprenticeships thanks to some warriors didn't tell their apprentices the dangers of what they would face when becoming fully fledged warriors themselves.

Even as they were waiting for Star Clan to remove Spider's 'gift' from him, which the tom found them being irresponsible of doing, the cat sighed as Ivywaters turned to Mouseleaf. "You're his mentor. Tell him he cannot go."

"Is everyone here deaf," questioned Mouseleaf angrily. "He said he.does.not.want.to.go on this journey," he hissed out, tail lashing angrily behind him. "And it is not my decision...I did not create the kit. I am merely his mentor and no, I cannot go as I have Owlpaw to train as well," he said, speaking of his other apprentice. "I do not know why Spider was given some 'gift' nor do I care the reasons why. I find it unfair that he and Otter were given 'gifts' and not every apprentice. There is the possibility that Dark Forest cats gave Spider his gift as well and it didn't come from Star Clan at all. I can only assume they will force him to go on this journey regardless of what he wants since the kit is terrified," he said, anger for Spider lacing his tone. "I will have to trust in Otter looking out for Spider in that case."

The feline seemed rather annoyed with the dead cats now as he looked at Spider who stood beside him, shaking and teary eyed. Why did nobody here except perhaps Otter and Mouseleaf himself respect or listen to Spider when he said he didn't want to go on this little scheme of a journey? He didn't know why Star Clan was bothering to act now, when they could have done more in the beginning to help prevent the fading beliefs in Star Clan until when it was dangerously close to fading out of existence. Yes, there would be still be stars in the sky but there wouldn't be any dead cat ancestors in the sky. "I don't want to go...I don't!" Shrieked Spider before bolting from his mentor's side, pushing his way through his clan to flee the gathering. Mouseleaf sighed and spun on Ivywaters and Hailstorm, the feline stalkined towards them before slashing Ivywaters across the face with his claws.

The molly shrieked in pain as Mouseleaf's claws raked across her face and stumbled back, Hailstorm hissing at the other tom. "There was no..."

"Oh, if I knew I wouldn't be killed or banished for killing you both, I would do so gladly," snapped Mouseleaf angrily. The feline got right up in the faces of Spider's parents and scowled at them. "Continue to treat your son like you do and I'll gladly go to the Dark Forest when I die," he hissed before turning and pushing his way through after his apprentice. The two cats looked at each other before glaring after Mouseleaf's form and leaving the gathering to go back to their territory.

Last edited:

• Murkpelt, Reedfrost, and Hawkpaw. There was one ShadowClan cat who hadn't answered, though given the power that he had announced, she didn't entirely blame him. With all the fear and anger brewing in this place, she could imagine it was terrible. He, and the two ThunderClan cats (as she realized now, the she-cat had returned, and Sorrellark dipped her head in a welcoming manner). Still, she decided she would ask later, as there were plenty of other cats to meet as well.
    "It's nice to meet you as well," she returned to Reedfrost, eyes flickering across the other cats who had introduced themselves. She noticed, now
    Eventually, her gaze returned to the crowd at large. Some wishful part of her hoped she'd find pride in the gazes of her clan; but, if any felt that way, they certainly didn't show it.
    "Yes... I would have hoped that everyone would settle down somewhat, but I don't think that's going to happen," she agreed with Murkpelt, though her tone lacked the frustration that the ShadowClan she-cat held. At best, she sounded disappointed.
    A yowl of pain caught her ears, and she paused for a moment, peering towards the situation in RiverClan. An apprentice- No, the apprentice who had been the catalyst of all this, was sprinting off into the wilderness. She stood straighter, alert. It wasn't her place to go after the kit, but she still found herself waiting for one of his parents to take chase.
    "Is there a fight breaking out?' she asked herself.
    Neither parent took chase. Instead, some other cat - his mentor, maybe - ran off after him. Sorrellark held her breath for a moment, then forced herself to let out a tense sigh. Her ears drooped.
    "That... Isn't good... Why is only one going after him? Isn't it the Clan's duty to protect each other?" Still, she mumbled mostly to herself, confused by the overall lack of action on RiverClan's part. Yes, he was an apprentice, but he was clearly afraid and quite young. At very least, his family should have followed. But, again, it wasn't her place. She could only hope that he came back safe.

Moonfeather had looked up at the Riverclan apprentice running away. She couldn't do anything else to help, as no one seemed to need her to do so. Instead, she glanced at the starry cat that was once Featherpaw.

"Go ahead and speak, I will take the blame from Starclan. I think he needs to hear from you. I can act as your voice to him." She gazed softly at the apprentice that had been taken to soon.

She then looked at Mistpaw, awaiting Featherpaw's words.

Her nature showed that she only wanted to help, as all the young that had been dragged out to the island, where scared, and she could imagine the fear.

She looked up at the stars, before looking back down at the starry gaurdian, and Mistpaw. "The stars are dim, almost completely faded from Silverpelt." She commented.

It seemed the night would only get colder, the clans still argued, but the arguing had calmed down.

Moonfeather could feel the cold through her coat.

To be honest, she didn't wanna leave her clan, she didn't want to embark on this journey, but what if she was sent to the dark forest if she didn't. She shook the thoughts from her head, trying to remain brave.

Murkpelt
Reedfrost

-ShadowClan-

The two were simply huddled up next to each other, taking in the warmth of Murkpelt's wind. Murkpelt then decides to turn and look toward where the RiverClan cats were, where most of the commotion was occurring.

"What in StarClan?" Murkpelt hissed as things began to erupt louder. Reedfrost, who seemed closest, heard what was happening and began to speak. "Seems like parents are too devoted to treating their own kit like fox-dung," he spat with a low growl. Murkpelt wanted to stand up but remained in her huddled bundle with her friend. She knew her input would make things tougher, as her anger issues usually never made anything better.

"His parents are the fox-dung here. Their kit deserves better," Murkpelt yowls lowly, intertwining her tail with Reedshine's. The two were definitely inseparable, though, the other ShadowClan cats were never too fond of Murkpelt, but she didn't care.

"What a shame," Reedshine grumbled, his blue eyes still looking in the direction from which the apprentice ran.

"I wouldn't even consider them as parents, from the way they're treating him."

"Couldn't agree more."

"Why treat him like he's an intruder from another clan?"

The two then both sighed at the same time and began looking still.​

Duskshine had looked up as the kit ran out of the gathering. He stood up, putting a paw forward, but shook his head. He turned to look at the two cats from his clan.

"Did I miss something?" He asked before looking to where the kit had ran, he hadn't been paying much attention, as he was being overwhelmed with emotions.

So he was missing a lot of things. He glanced around trying to get himself caught up, but found he wasn't getting much information.

He then looked down, and sighed, once again being overwhelmed with emotions. He had to pull through it, he just had to.

Silverwind was not sure what to do about this whole Gathering she's already spoken her mind whether people listen or not was on them so what could she really do right now other than watch other cats argue fuss and criticize things about starclan declares himself as well as the cats who were gifted by starclan but she did wonder why starclan had chosen them pacifically it wasn't like she has never done anything special she just have to wait and find out.

Sorry its shot not sure who to interact with

Stormstreak's fur bristled at the comments from Hailstorm. When it concerned another clanmate, of course it was his business. He was worried about Spiderpaw. He didn't seem to be in good shape. Scared, tired, cold, and most importantly, facing what seemed to be abuse from his parents. The warrior had a tight bond with his siblings and knew how much family mattered. He almost felt as if it were his duty to stop the abuse, even though it wasn't his own family. He looked over to the shivering form of Spiderpaw and then Otterpaw who gave him a look as if to tell him not to push the situation. The clans were in enough trouble as it was. Clanmates shouldn't be fighting each other at a time like this.

Otterpaw and Stormstreak watched as Mouseleaf helped up Spiderpaw and waited for Starclan to take away his gift. She wasn't too sure that they'd do that. They must've picked Spiderpaw for a reason. She couldn't remember hearing any stories of Starclan taking away gifts that they had given. But, Mouseleaf seemed confident that they would and that it wasn't fair to anyone for Spiderpaw to have his gift. Personally, Otterpaw thought it was a shame. She would've liked him to come on the journey with her and maybe he would start feeling more confident in himself with a change of scenery. Plus, he would have stuff in common with the other cats and they'd learn to control their powers together. But, she couldn't force him into something he didn't want.

She tried to silently get up and padded through the snow to stand beside Stormstreak and offer a smile to Spiderpaw, trying to encourage him. She only half noticed that her pelt hadn't gotten even a little bit wet from the snow. It was completely dry, which seemed odd but she didn't really question it. She didn't even make the connection that it was from her powers, just seemed normal to her. Though, she would'nt have minded if it got wet. As a Riverclan cat she was constantly getting wet.

She found the advice Mouseleaf offered to his apprentice was horrible but true. She herself would advocate for making friends with other clans. She was just a friendly cat, some would say too friendly. She hated the harsh reality that the five clans chose to be separate. Imagine what could get done if they all worked together. That's what Starclan wanted right now right? For the clans to work together. The fighting just didn't make sense sometimes.

She also thought Mouseleaf proclaiming that the gift could be from the Dark Forest was complete fox dung. The Dark Forest can't give cats gifts. That idea was completely mouse brained. She knew all of the ten's gifts were from Starclan. The starry cats wanted them to trust one another and work together. That's what the gifts were meant to do. Help the cats work together to save Starclan as well as the five clans. Not pull them apart and make them fight.

"Spiderpaw!" Otterpaw yowled after him as he fled the gathering. A moment later her fur was bristling at the sight of Mouseleaf turning on Ivywaters and scratching her face. This was all wrong. She closed her eyes. This was all so wrong.

She began to follow behind Mouseleaf when Stormstreak had pulled her back. "Mouseleaf can take care of this. He's a responsible cat and treats his apprentice better than even his own parents." He flashed a glare at Ivywaters and Hailstorm before continuing, "We need to talk about this and there are still things you must do." He flashed a look up to the rest of the prophecy cats and Otterpaw's gaze followed.

"But-" She began

"No Otterpaw." Her brother looked at her, "Trust your clanmates. They- Hey!" He yowled as she made a break for it. She was sure he was gonna catch up to her, him being a big tom and a trained warrior, but to her shock, she didn't find him grabbing her scruff again. She looked back only for a moment to see that he had been swarmed with snow and was sitting in a mound of it looking at her. She didn't understand that her powers had acted on their own and had used the water in the snow to overwhelm Stormstreak. She turned her attention to the fading pelt of Mouseleaf as she ran. She could barely even she him and wondered if she was even going the right direction.

Featherpaw gave a nod and hoped she wouldn't anger the other starry warriors in speaking. It was not directly at Mistpaw, but she was still acting out of selfishness.

Mistpaw just stared at Moonfeather and awaited her answer. He didn't say anything and stared down at his paws. There was no way Featherpaw was really here. She was gone and it was all his fault.

Featherpaw let out a breath and then spoke, "Tell him.." She trailed off trying to get the right words, "Tell him that what happened wasn't his fault. He couldn't have changed what happened, it wasn't his fault." She never blamed him after learning that his stories of seeing things were true. That he had visions of events that had either already transpired or would soon come to fruition. But, it seemed he still blamed himself. "Tell him that I'll always be watching over him and making sure he's well and safe even when doing something dangerous." She hoped maybe that would ease his mind of the dangers of the journey. "He's brave and kind and true and the time I spent with him alive was the best time of my life. And... tell him I know he'll make the right decision." She was being vague for his sake. She didn't want to let the other ten know about him if he didn't want them to. That should ultimately be his decision. Though, she did hope that he'd go. It'd be good for him to get away from the clans and from his sadness and she knew that it was his destiny.

After she was done and waiting for Moonfeather to relay the message, she found herself looking over to her father Hazestep. He looked around angerly and gazed at the members of the ten with distaste. She then looked back to Mistpaw. Of course it really didn't help that Hazestep somewhat blamed Mistpaw for what had happened. The tom barely ever spoke to his nephew anymore. She knew it was because he was grieving too, but it still didn't help her cousin be any less sad than he already was and just focused more of the blame to be held on his shoulders. It really wasn't right. Even though he had been there that day, he couldn't have helped her.

She tried to focus in on Mistpaw and Moonfeather and communicating with them rather than worrying about her father.

Though Otterpaw attempted to encourage the kit that these curses were a good thing, the kit knew that wasn't the case and, like Mouseleaf, waited for the selfish dead cats to remove the gift...curse... but they apparently refused to do so as he didn't feel any different then he had before being given this curse. Spider managed to get through his fellow clan members, some shouting at the kit as he pushed through them, but none bothered to chase the kit at all as he ran from the gathering. The kit didn't even know where he was going, only that he wanted to get away from the gathering and his clan. His parents, however, stuck around long enough to see Stormstreak glaring at them as they left. Neither of Spider's parents bothered to go looking for the kit at all. His mentor would bring him back.

Mouseclaw didn't pay attention to Otterpaw looking at him as he ran after his apprentice, the warrior moved through the crowd of cats, tail moving like a rudder as he made his way through the crowd and followed Spider. The kit, despite his size, wasn't fast at all. Not with his twisted leg which he'd injured a month into his training. Spider managed to get past the crowded cats and plunged headlong into the cold water, not even using the log bridge to get to the area, instead swimming from the island as best he could, cold water that clung to his pelt. He didn't even hear Otterpaw calling after him. Still, Mouseclaw didn't get there in time to stop Spider from diving headlong into the lake. However, Spider didn't realize he'd gone off at and was swimming towards the halfbridge that lied near the two leg path separating Sky and Shadow from each other. The water was icy cold and Spider shivered in the water as he swam.

"Spider!" Mouseclaw shouted as he skidded to a stop at the lake's edge. He circled around to get to the fallen tree that was at the narrowest point of the point of the island, connecting the island to the main land via River territory and scrambled atop it before moving across. Once on level ground again, the cat cut left and began running along the shoreline... the hell with the 'code' and the rules about leaving three tail lengths from the shore. Nobody else was chasing after his apprentice. His apprentice ignored him as he swam though it was possible that Spider couldn't hear him. The cold water was, however, slowly getting to Spiderpaw and he was beginning to slow his movements, forcing Mouseleaf to jump into the water and swim out to his apprentice, the able-bodied cat able to make more ground than Spider who was already at a disadvantage. "Spider keep your head above water!" He shouted towards the apprentice.

• Sorrellark shuffled her paws about, trying to ward off the cold snow melting beneath her. She watched after where the other RiverClan cats disappeared, quietly noting which territory they were heading towards, as if it would help anything much in the long run.
    "There's something going on in RiverClan," she answered the ShadowClan tom, glancing his way, "The last of the ten just ran off towards ShadowClan and SkyClan territory. He's a little apprentice with some kind of control over the soil, it seems. The cats he was with were treating him like mouse-dung, I think that they were his parents. He just ran off."
    Her tail flicked in disapproval.
    "Even if they aren't his parents, I don't know how you could treat clanmates that way."
    Momentarily, she let herself wonder if the ShadowClan tom had been able to feel all of that. He'd said that his power was to feel others' emotions; could he distinguish who's emotions he was feeling? Curiosity flickered in her eyes, but she stayed quiet. He looked like he was already having a rough go of it, without her meowing a bunch of questions at him. Besides, she hadn't even told the others about exactly what her gift was, so she saw herself as having no right to ask a cat from another clan about his. Not right now, at least. She turned her eyes away.
    Settling into a laid-down position, trying to huddle her paws underneath her long fur, she found herself looking to her clanmate.
    "... I'm glad that I'm not the only WindClan warrior here," she expressed. Even if she had always been more focused on performing her duties than bonding with the other warriors, it was still comforting to have some familiarity in this time.

"She wants you to know that, first off, what happened wasn't your fault, and you couldn't have changed the outcome." Moonfeather looked down as she spoke, but then she looked up at Mistpaw.

"She also wants you to know, that no matter what happens, she will always be watching over you, that she will find a way to protect you from any danger you might face. And that she will always make sure you're safe," Moonfeather paused for a moment, before continuing to act as Featherpaw's voice to Mistpaw.

"She says you're brave, and Tru of heart, and all the time she spent with you, was the best time of her life while she was alive, and in the end, she knows you'll make the right decision." Moonfeather ended.

Then, she spoke for herself.

"I know it's hard to believe me, as it's always been the medicine cats and leaders who could talk to our passed loved ones, but, if you ever wish to speak with her, I will act as her voice to you. I know it's hard Mistpaw, but she believes in you. So please, don't ever forget her." Moonfeather said, giving a soft purr to the apprentice to show him it was okay.

She didn't expect him to fully believe her, and she looked at Featherpaw, nodding her head in thanks to the starry apprentice for talking.

"Mistpaw, do me a favor, continue being brave. She will always walk beside you, no matter what happens." Moonfeather nodded at him.

She then waited for his response.

Murkpelt
Reedfrost

-ShadowClan-

Murkpelt grunted, awkwardly bored, she was getting just a little concerned at the RiverClan cats. As she and Reedfrost heard Sorellark explain to another ShadowClan cat. "I find it rude to treat other cats from their clan in such a way. I would know," Murkpelt meowed, with an ending yawn.

"I remember when I saw some of the other cats from our clan treat you bad," Reedfrost mewled.

"Which is why my ear is clearly chipped," Murkpelt spat. She had a sort of uneven triangle shape on her left ear, it was quite conspicuous to others. "Cold?" Murkpelt glanced towards Sorellark, with easy eyes. She actually sounded slightly concerned. Murkpelt's soft blue eyes fogged a light gray as some warm wind encircled her lightly. "I'll be friendly. Just because I know we'll be going on the same journey here. It's hard for anyone to necessarily like me, anyway."​

"I don't think I've ever had a chance to dislike you, Murkpelt, I don't see why the others did so, you seem like a good cat." He said, but his eyes didn't leave the scene of what was going on.

"It's sick, what they are doing to that kit, and the amount of clan members that actually helped him are so little. I just hope the little guy makes it out okay. His fear and sadness is so overwhelming." He shook his head.

"I hope all of this gets better honestly, for everyone, mother's and their kits, elders, no one deserves this... Is it really Starclan's downfall that's causing all of this?" He asked, mostly to himself.

Duskshine couldn't help but wonder what was actually happening with everything that was going on. He then looked to Silverwind.

"What are your thoughts on this?" He asked her, he wanted to get information from everyone that might be journeying with him.

And, creating an alliance with the others would benefit all of the cats.

Silverwind turned to look at Dustshine knowing and understanding how he felt. To be honest this whole journey anything but honestly scared her but being informed was a good thing.

" some of the cats here do not agree with us leaving to say starclan and I can understand where they're coming from but if it wasn't for them we would not have this hope new home especially with these gifts we were given. honestly I have no clue where we would be returning to or what's in store for us but from all the past experiences of the Clans it's not going to be easy" she me out and she flipped her tail back and forth.

Otterpaw tried pushing her way through her clanmates while following Mouseleaf. She was a couple fox lengths behind him, given he had gone after Spiderpaw first, but she was able to make her way through with a more hushed voice saying 'excuse me' and 'sorry'. She caught a glimpse of some clanmates staring at both the scene and at her. She had already announced that she had a gift and she heard a hushed conversation as she passed. A warrior apprentice was saying how it wasn't fair how the two of them, Otterpaw and Spiderpaw, had gotten gifts and not the rest of them. Another in the group mewled on about how they weren't gifts but a curse most likely sent by the Dark Forest.

The two apprentices argued on about who had actually given the powers, Starclan or the Dark Forest. Another one cut in with a hiss, "It doesn't matter who gave them their curse. They're all freaks." The other two nodded in agreement and sent nasty looks her way as she passed. She shook it off and tried to think of it as all the cats just being scared.

She finally got to the edge of the island, where the water from the lake lapped at the shore, and stared at Spiderpaw struggling in the water. Mouseleaf was trying to cross over to the other side and, once he got there, went in after his apprentice. Spiderpaw looked to be struggling a lot, something she didn't understand. Otterpaw had been training a little while longer than Spiderpaw but she knew that swimming was an important skill that a lot of Riverclan mentors started out with when teaching new apprentices. Spiderpaw should know at least a little bit about that skill.

Then she realized something and didn't hesitate to dive into the cold water. Spiderpaw's injured leg. When he had started his apprenticeship, the small cat had gotten a nasty injury, a twist to his leg. She had seen the way he was walking, but Lilypaw had also told her about it. Lilypaw was the medicine cat apprentice so of course she knew about the leg and was quite concerned about it. She had asked if Otterpaw would watch out for him while they trained, which she had gladly agreed to. Spiderpaw wasn't a bad cat and she had liked interacting with him and getting to know him better. Now, she was sure that that leg injury was giving him trouble and she couldn't just stand by and watch him potentially drown.

Otterpaw stayed underwater while she swam towards Spiderpaw. The water felt cold but it didn't bother her. It almost relaxed her in a way. Being underwater always seemed to calm her nerves and make her feel at peace. She moved swiftly through the water, the current almost seemed to move around her to accommodate for where she wanted to go. She didn't have time to relax in the water, she had to get to Spiderpaw. She had a determined look as she moved up and broke her head through the surface of the water. She could hear and see Mouseleaf making his way over to Spiderpaw and calling for him to keep his head up. In the time she had swam she had almost made her way to Spiderpaw while Mouseleaf was still a little ways off. She easily closed the tail length of space between them and slipped in to swim beside Spiderpaw.

"Relax, Spiderpaw. I'm here." She noticed how his movements had slowed and he was still having trouble. She saw the shoreline and the half bridge, but it was still far off. The island was still the closet thing, but telling him they should return there might put more stress on him and cause him to flounder in the water. He clearly wanted to get far away from there. They were already in the direction of the Shadow/Sky half bridge, so the shoreline over there is where they should head. "Spiderpaw, I need you to relax yourself. Work on keeping your head above water and propel yourself with your back legs. We're nearly there alright. Just keep going, keep moving."

She helped him along as best she could and spoke soothingly. "I know your tired and its hard, but you can do it. You can do it." She tried to show her faith in him, hoping that would help. She started to go underwater and then spoke, "I'll be helping you from the back. Just keep kicking your back legs and don't get panicked. If you fight the current it'll make it worse on you. Just keep calmly moving towards land and remember that I'm right here with you." She then went back underwater and made sure his legs were working. She saw the twisted one and how it was hard to move and tried to help it along the best she could. If he ever went down too far into the water, she would quickly shift under him so that he would be on the top of her pelt and so that he could keep his head above water. It was hard work, but the water seemed to not be giving them any trouble. Besides the cold, it seemed to be calm and behaved as if someone willed it to. Otterpaw didn't make the connection on why it could be that way, she just knew that she glad her prayers had come true and that the water seemed to be easy enough to deal with despite the weather.

Mistpaw kept his head down as Moonfeather spoke. It was so hard to believe. He didn't have proof that Featherpaw was here. Starclan was fading after all. Maybe she was one of the cats who had gone. But, why would Moonfeather lie? It didn't make sense to him. He didn't know what to believe anymore. His grief clouded most of his judgement these days. Sometimes, he wouldn't even want to get out of his nest in the morning. His head was just caught up in so much sadness and anger at himself that he just couldn't, well more like didn't want to believe the things Moonfeather said were from Featherpaw.

What happened was his fault. It would always be his fault. He could have saved her... he could have. Featherpaw's spirit was mousebrained to think that it wasn't his fault. He looked up a little when Moonfeather talked about how Featherpaw's ghost would find a way to keep him safe. That sounded like her. She was always the one person he could confide in about problems. If he was having problems with another kit or about the clan not believing his stories. She was always there for him and had tried to protect him against his troubles. Knowing that helped a little.

He gave a soft, almost weak smile when Moonfeather told him about how Featherpaw felt about their time together. That was the best time of his life too. Featherpaw was his best friend. She was the brave one, the kind one. The one that would help you out and just listen when you needed it. He didn't know how he could do it without her. Especially since he had all these visions. She seemed to think he would make the right decision, but he didn't know what that was. He didn't want to leave if her spirit was really here. How could he know that she was still with him? Besides, he didn't want to go on some important journey with her, alive he meant. He wished she was still alive and they got to experience this stuff together. She would've loved it. His little smile faded and he looked tired and saddened again.

He looked up to Moonfeather as she spoke for herself this time. She was right, it was hard to believe. Hard to believe without proof that Featherpaw was really here. Though, it really did sound like her. And he wasn't a fool. He had experienced the illusion cast by one of the ten as well as seeing that Riverclan apprentice make flora grow rapidly. There was also his own power of visions. He knew that it wasn't impossible and he actually started to think that maybe she was here. He smiled for a second as she said she'd be Featherpaw's voice. He'd rather her being alive, but at least he might be able to communicate with her. But, Moonfeather was going on the journey. He wouldn't see her if he didn't go and he wasn't sure he actually wanted to go. He was dealing with depression and the scaryness of his own abilities. He didn't think going on this journey was fair either. But, he knew he would never forget Featherpaw. How could he ever forget her? That idea was mousebrained. He would never stop thinking of her.

Featherpaw nodded back, though she felt as if she should be the one thanking the warrior not the other way around. She was able to get her message across to Mistpaw and thats what mattered. Moonfeather had helped her so much and she was grateful. Mistpaw had turned his head to see Moonfeather nodding at something next to him. He looked but there was nothing there that he could see. If he had been able to see Featherpaw, there eyes would've met as she was looking right at him as well.

Mistpaw had turned back to Moonfeather when she spoke again. He gave a shaky nod to his request as if he wasn't sure he could keep that promise. How could he be brave? Would the brave thing being going on the journey? Was that brave? No, that was just stupid. But, maybe... "I-I'll try." He said, his voice sounding unsure of himself. "I promise I won't ever forget you. Thanks, Featherpaw, for always looking after me." He almost sounded ready to cry as he directed his dead friend. He then went back to Moonfeather, "Thank you. If its not a bother to you, then I'd like to take you up on that offer, talking to her again in the future with you as her voice." It was surprising for the young apprentice to be talking this much. He looked towards the ten who were gathered at the tree roots and then back to Moonfeather. She really was a nice cat, sitting here with him and trying to help him instead of joining the cats she'd be journeying with. He wondered how she could be so calm and just go along with it all. Surely Starclan hadn't asked her if she wanted these powers just like they had done with him. He didn't understand any of these cats, Starclan included.

He was still sad, but hearing all that from Moonfeather had helped. He still blamed himself and felt as if Starclan was cruel for giving him visions when he couldn't save his best friend. He didn't want to be forced into this and he didn't even know what the right decision was. But, he had to be brave in his decision. Brave in standing his ground on whatever he decided. He had promised that.

Someone was apparently following Mouseleaf in pursuit of Spiderpaw, but his mentor was the only adult who bothered. Instead it was Otterpaw, someone he didn't realize as he swam for the far shore which led to both Shadow and Sky. Now there was a rule in the warrior code about not trespassing or hunting on other clans' territories and that anyone trespassing on another's territory, minus kits, could be challenged at any time should they break the previous rule of no trespassing. Of course, since all cats were still at the useless gathering, Spider was unlikely to be challenged. Regardless, Mouseleaf was a little ways off from reaching his apprentice, however Otterpaw popping out of the water beside him caused Spider to hiss in fright and attempt to move away from the molly. However, with his movements slowing, the tom didn't get very far in the water. "Relax, Spiderpaw. I'm here."

Spiderpaw turned his head towards Otter as she told him to relax and that she was there. He heard her tell him to keep his head above water and keep swimming, that they were almost to shore. The cold weather and lying in the snow as well as being a runt and short-haired cat bred for desert-like climates did not help keep him warm at all and the water was only worsening his current state. His leg was not helping with his swimming either. But Spider had never been good at swimming, even before he'd messed up his leg. He was told to work on keeping his head up and that they were almost to shore. "C...co...cold," he stuttered. "Not...not want...."

He occasionally floundered in the water, sinking beneath the surface despite trying to keep his head up, but when he did there would be Otterpaw who'd swim underneath and let him rest on her back. She was only a moon bigger than him and a molly but it was probably due to his runty stature that she could accomplish such a feat. Spider wasn't sure. As Mouseleaf finally managed to reach them, the warrior moved alongside Spider's other side, making for the shore. Together, the pair of cats helped the apprentice to shore, keeping him from sinking too far underneath the water. When they got to shore, Mouseleaf got out, then grabbed Spider by his neck and dragged the kit out of the water since he couldn't walk, the kit panting and shivering from cold. Mouseleaf shook himself and looked to Otterpaw. "They won't come after Spider at all," he said with a shrug. "Neither his parents nor the other clan cats. To them, Spider is worthless. At least it seems that way among some of the warriors who talk about Spider," he said. "It would have been better were he born in a ground dwelling clan...or with different parents," he said with a sigh before grabbing Spider's neck and pulling the kit up to his paws. "Come on kit...we'll get you somewhere warm while the rest of the cats continue to moan and complain," he said. "Otter, since you're here, you may as well come as well," he said. Spider couldn't stay out in the cold with being soaked...the kit would get sick otherwise.

• Sorrellark tilted her head towards Murkpelt, as the she-cat spoke. She made no effort to hide the fact that her Clan wasn't particularly fond of her, even to the point of taking a nick out of her ear. Sorrellark's attention flitted to the scar, remaining there for a second, before her stare softened. Some mixture of sympathy and confusion swirled in the green on her eyes. She couldn't make a judgement - she had only known Murkpelt for a few minutes, and they had been speaking to each other for even fewer. But it made her wonder what it was about Murkpelt that her own Clan apparently disliked so much.
    Before she could speak, warmth brushed against her fur. If it were not for the snow still in the ground, she could have mistaken it for a greenleaf breeze. She turned her head, half expecting to see another cat, but found only the wind. It must have been Murkpelt, then.
    She didn't immediately understand the ShadowClan warrior's logic. This much was obvious in the way she swiveled her head back towards Murkpelt and Reedfrost, uncertain, but grateful. With the explanation, however, it began to dawn on her that Murkpelt was right. She couldn't look at these other cats as outsiders, she had to see them as allies.
    "A little... It's harder to stay warm when I have to sit still," she returned, easing, "Thank you. You... Have a point. With how our Clans are acting, we might only have each other, right now... I appreciate your kindness. I'll be friendly, too."
    She would have to get used to not having her Clanmates to back her up. She had seen the looks that they shot her way. Most of them likely thought of her as cursed, or worse. She cringed at the thought. The warriors she'd grown up with, pushing her away for something out of her control... The idea scared her.
    Trying to take her mind off of it, she looked to the other gifted ShadowClan cat. It sounded like, without her even asking, he'd answered her silent question. Maybe he had been able to tell that she was curious about it, even. Who knew? Not her.
    Beyond that, she found herself in agreement. Even the apprentice's fellow Clanmates were at fault, here, with how few bothered to step in. They were his Clan - unlike herself and the others, they had every right to stand up for their fellow RiverClan cat. And only two of them had.
    Still thinking it over, her ears turned towards Silverwind, listening to her Clanmate's thoughts. Upon the journey returning to her attention, the brown tabby grew a little more solemn. If the problem was rooted in the mass loss of faith in StarClan, and the very existence of gifted cats did nothing to sway the Clans, then what were they to do? How could they possibly save a concept? Her gaze trailed down, as if she would find the answer ingrained in the snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back