• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [open] aye, aye captain! (partner search, flexible pairings)

spacepirate

gͯͣ.̄͑̌ͨ̉͒̚uͪ͌̇̄̈mͫm̃͌͂ͨ̅͗̃ÿ́͐̄̔b̀̉͆͌3̚a̐͋͋̈r

All aboard spacey's plot ship! Back from a brief hiatus, but looking for some new adventures! They're a little oddly specific- I've got a real soft spot for oddball plots, so I figured I'd make a place to post them and see if anyone wants to take a chance on something experimental. I've also attached some samples to the end of this post, just so you can see if we'd be a good fit- if you'd want to send me something of yours, that would be a great help. I consider myself pretty literate, and I'm all about worldbuilding and developing scenes/characters. If you really value immersion and consistent characterization and plot threads, we'll probably be a match.

The Basics:
  • Been rping for a long time and over 18. Not big on personal information, but I'd also prefer writing with folks who are +18. If you're under, I might consider it as long as the themes and elements in the rp aren't too messed up.
  • Literate, third-person, all that.
  • (Tentatively) open to any pairing, if there's romance involved. My favorite pairing type is MxM, but I’m also open to MxF. I'm also open to writing poly romances and plotlines- maybe we could do a 1x1x1, if people are down for it. Also, I tend to prefer humanoid characters, but if you want to make something a bit more unusual like an eldritch abomination or an arcane construct, I'm open to discussion. I prefer making male main characters, but this is something I'm willing to explore a little bit if it seems you're really into making an immersive story and interesting plotlines.
    • That being said, if you want to do something more platonic, I'm all for it. Most of these plots are adaptable for either platonic or romantic tilts. Don't get it twisted haha, I'm certainly pro-romance, but I care about characterization more. If the chemistry is too contrived to feel believable, I won't enjoy it. You can just tell if characters have tension or not- sometimes even during the planning process.
  • I enjoy all genres- fantasy, sci-fi, semi-realistic, historic, slice-of-life, you name it. As long as the world feels immersive, spacey's a got gain. I do require there to be some sort of premise, but I love brainstorming, so if you've got a certain vibe you want, I can probably match it with a handful of ideas.
  • If we've rp'd before but stopped for whatever reason, feel free to reach out. Life gets hectic at times, and I won't ask for an explanation haha. If I was the one who stopped responding, you can still hit me up- things get crazy sometimes, it probably wasn't anything rp-related.
  • The F-word- fandoms. I love playing with these, but I can't play canon characters, and I'm not that interested in it. I'm more open to original stories and characters in a pre-established world, since established worldbuilding is better than no worldbuilding at all, but if we're doing something too similar to the canon material, I might find it sort of rigid. I won’t list my fandoms here, but you can ask about them via PM if you want. Feel free to send me your ideas if you're really passionate about something, though. I'll hear you out.
    • If you have something you're really craving, I'd love to hear it. The best rps usually come from everyone having a good time, so let's just get it all out on the table.
  • PM me if you're interested in something below, or just excited about one of your own ideas. Attach writing samples if you can, but if not it's no big deal. It's a little pointless to post in this thread, because I'll just ask you to send a PM anyways haha.
The Pairings:
Craving all of these, so if anything sounds up your alley, let me know! I found it hard to categorize these into individual genres- most of them are nearly genre-neutral, or can be adapted to any genre with the right tweaking. Preferred roles are bolded, but potentially open to playing either. Most are angled more at MxM, but there are some with MxF in mind as well.
  • Poly/Open Relationships
  • WW3 Draft Dodgers
  • Childhood Best Friends turned Apocalypse Survivors (Nuclear, Zombie, Kaiju, Y2K)
  • Enemy Nation Soldiers
  • Traveling Carnival/Caravansary
  • Superheroes in training
  • Magical Academy
  • Reimagined Fairy Tale
  • Original/Revamped Mythology
  • Friends/Rivals stuck in an Isekai
  • Prince x Knight/Servant/Vassal
  • Time Traveller x Cowboy/Ranger
  • Researcher x Experiment/Android
  • Rising Star Musician x Mentor, Jaded Musician
  • Necromancer x Bounty Hunter/Mercenary
  • Psychologist x Criminal
  • Criminal x Police Officer/Guard
  • Witness x Bodyguard
  • Incubus x Victim
  • Fallout Vault Dweller x Wastelander
  • Merchant Prince x Warrior King
  • Sorcerer x Summoned/Familiar
  • Hunter x Vampire/Werewolf/Demon
  • Guardian Spirit x Depressed/Cynical Human
  • Ambassador x Warlord/Royalty/Person of Interest
  • Cult Leader x High Profile Recruit (think celebrity, wealthy elite, etc.)
  • New Hero x Corrupt Hero (think Invincible, The Boys)
  • Siren x Sailor/Castaway
  • Golden Boy x Best Friend’s Older Brother
  • Trader/Explorer x Huntress/Sorceress of the Wild
  • Filmmaker x Clone/Time Travel Sourced Star
  • Fandom Cravings: Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Greedfall, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Boyfriend Dungeon

The Writing Samples:
The teahouses in the Temple district were far too fancy with their ingredients for his liking, Klao mused to himself. The few times he'd forced himself to enjoy drinking hot plant corpses soaked in water, the young man couldn't help scowling at the bitterness. His distaste for the beverage was especially laughable since he didn't mind tasting bitter ingredients while playing at alchemy or brewing tonics, but in his own mind, the assembly of valuable consumables was worth the effort. Who was the taciturn twat that decided they were too good for plain old water? Why, if temporal rift theories could ever be applied to practice, Klao would relish the opportunity to give the inventor of teas a very large piece of his mind, and even a bit of a throttling.

A plump and squat waitress, hair tucked in a carved driftwood comb, carried a palmwood platter of cups to a nearby table, and Klao's amber eyes gazed upon the patrons as though they were ghosts. It looked to be nothing but a group of older men, sliding round whalebone tiles across a gameboard of sorts. From the challenging bellows the men exchanged, Klao surmised they were likely playing Procan-can, a strategy pastime supposedly passed down from the gods themselves. The young Korunese had never played the game- it was more reserved for grandfathers and landed aristocracy who fancied themselves too sophisticated to dip in the seas. The tiles were all meant to represent the phases of the tide, or something of the sort. Apparently, in ancient times, it was used to determine which among them were best suited to guide fleets to faraway lands and home again.

Chuckles bubbled from his lips at the very thought- game or not, the tiles would simply slide and clatter to the deck on a true sailing ship, especially one sailing across the treacherous waves surrounding the Korunese core territories. In his mind's eye, Klao imagined a soft-skinned swine suckler of a sailor who'd never stepped into the sea during a storm. He envisioned the sailor gaining captain's status only on merit of his strategy at Procan-can, and dooming his men to slumber with the very same god who'd gifted them the game.

Perhaps it was a rather morbid thing to laugh at, but Klao was awfully nervous.

For all the unwinding he'd done watching the men at their game, the young mage tensed all over again as soon as the tall jackalkin addressed him. He was far from the only one- the players who were moments before so engrossed in their game, suddenly stared at him as if he'd grown a tail- did Master Jabari have a tail? Klao couldn't quite tell through the kaftan, but he supposed that the beastkin was certainly tall enough to benefit from the extra balance that such an appendage would provide. He'd never met the summoning master in person before. Even if the master had visited the Tower during his own stay there, there wouldn't be any pretense for the two of them to interact- apprentices usually stayed toward the bottom levels of the tower, drifting from classrooms to their dorms, and maybe a bit of time in the courtyard if the weather permitted. Master-level mages tended to the duties of the upper levels- busying themselves with research, advanced magical studies, or even the development of more dangerous applied techniques.

Since graduation, he'd spent a bit of time in the advanced apothecarium, but they hadn't had many visitors in recent months.

Though he'd never met someone who looked precisely as Master Jabari did, many of Klao's fellow tower denizens were beastkin and elvish, so the presence of other races hardly drew his attention. Instead, he merely noted the cool and calm exterior of the man's energy. Even as an apprentice, Klao drew much attention from the senior mages of the tower for his ability to feel arcane energies like waves lapping at his ankles. There was something metaphysical about the way practiced mages allowed energy to crackle through their bodies, something that confused the blue-hair islander, because despite being able to nearly taste the dynamic flow of energy, he couldn't explain what it looked like. Klao, my boy, an old mentor Master Caliope one told him, you can sense the arcane like bees to flowers. Why, if you were to harness that ability into something more than just navigation, you could be part of real greatness.

But I shall be, he explained to the wrinkled old druid for what seemed like the upteenth time, I shall clear storms and control the topcurrents themselves. While you rot away in this tower, I shall step upon foreign sands, carve waterways into desert and summon fertile rains!

There were some words he'd said in his more tumultuous moments that Klao wasn't quite proud of, but to think of them whilst meeting Master Jabari would do him no favors.

"That's correct, Master Jabari," he affirmed, attempting to clear his mind of the smell of teas and conversations long past. "And the pleasure is all mine. I thank you for coming all this way to speak with me. For all its virtues, I know Jirang is not the most accessible city in the world." Far from it, he mentally added, sitting at the reed-stuffed cushion just across the older mage. The main island of Koruna was easier to get to, since it faced away from the rest of the islands, beckoning to the outside world. In contrast, Jirang was only reachable by ferry from one of the other five isles, and even then, not on holy days, when it was decreed that none shail sail in the sacred waters of the Grand temple. He was truly grateful that the summoner had taken the time to meet with him, especially since the ones he'd spoken to previously seemed to hold the aspiring navigator in such low regard.

Once seated, the friendly-faced waitress looked down upon him with a smile, one that was too tight for his liking. "What shall I get you, then? For a young man of such strapping build, might I recommend our red summer-lily steeped in shoreweed? It contains the energy-rejuvenating components that any youth should require in their... nightly activities."

Seemingly ignoring the last part of the woman's statement, Klao heard himself speaking before he would quite help it. "Energy-rejuvenating? That wouldn't be possible- summer-lily procured at this time of the year would contain components giving it an aphorisidadic quality, which would also be paired with sporadic drowsiness. Furthermore, boiling such a blossom with shoreweed is almost certain to nullify any of the seaweed's beneficial properties. Instead of killing nausea, the shoreweed would merely gain a cheese-like consistency that doesn't seem quite appetizing nor-" At once, the mage's cheeks heated and he bit at his lower lip. It was exactly this propensity to chatter on and on about nebulous nonsense that that earned him such an awful earful from the last Master he met with.

"I... sure. I'd be honored for the tea," he added weakly, unable to properly conceal his sudden bout of embarassment. Once the waitress was gone, the young man sighed, unable to offer even a weak smile. "Back at the tower, you see, I... spent a lot of time studying the properties of different components. But I do apologize for getting carried away as such, it won't happen again." Maybe if he just promised to keep his mouth shut, even if he was rejected, the beastkin would leave him his dignity.

Failure wasn’t exactly something he was a stranger to, but being surprised rather was. Living the vault for a good two decades would do that to a man, if one could believe it- everyone knew each other, the water stank, and nothing ever changed. At the very least, he thought to himself with the ghost of a smirk playing at this lips, at the very least he’d die in a way that was far more exciting than anything he’d ever heard of! Clearly if his jumpsuit and relatively unmarred skin didn’t give his upbringing away, his naive understanding of human interaction in the Hawaiian wasteland certainly must have been.

The labored, wheezy breathing of his elderly assailant cut through his ringing ears, and audio squeezes his eyes as tightly as he could, waiting and waiting for a final blow... that would never come?

Blinking at his own terrified expression in the filthy puddle, the vault-dweller listened intently to the new exchange. He couldn’t hear much of it, the sounds wouldn’t quite come into focus, but he saw the snaggle-toothed old woman suck at a corner of her lips in a way that must have been trepidatious. Her one good eye wiggled a bit in its socket, seemingly listening intently to the threat it was being given. Despite herself, One Eyed Mags craned her neck ever forward, as if it would protect her from the gun at the back of her head. “Pah! To hell with you,” she cried, “you’d really risk banishment from your favorite gamblin’ den to protect a pink-chested rat-fucker?!”

With all her bravado, there was a certain quiver to her voice, likely induced by the loaded weapon. “And suppose I just run you both through with old Rusty,” she continued, rubbing the point of her dagger lovingly against her ragged cheeks. “No deal!” And yet she didn’t move an inch from her spot, not to turn around and not to lean down to finish her target off.

The relieved beginnings of a smile immediately shattered, irritation and desperation twisting his face instead. “Really? This isn’t... ow, exactly a fair bargaining ground, now is it? Plus, didn’t you just say you hated sore losers? What about all that noise?” God, the hired gun really wasn’t giving him any slack, was he? That wasn’t the only reason his relief had soured in his mouth, though. Should he lie? Try to talk his way out of the situation, despite his rather sour and bleeding tongue? As if to respond to the thought, the other man’s gun clicked, as if to say it would be a horrible idea. “I suppose your initial offer is off the table, then,” he managed to laugh a bit under his breath, going loopy from the beat down.

Uriel shut his eyes. He’d never so much as touched a dead body before! One-Eyed Mags was a miserable bitch, but should she really be killed for this? He’d... he’d definitely be responsible for asking the man to blow her brains out, wouldn’t he? But here she was, about to gut him like a rad-tuna. “Fine,” he relented. “Fine, just... just don’t let her kill me, and you can have all the shells in my pockets, I swear it!”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back