• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Nope! The battle is chaotic, and Sayuri only has her senses for a guide. It's very difficult to tell who is friend and who is foe. Nott has more information than you, and could potentially provide some guidance, but he's currently occupied with first aid.
Sjet did shout for the Aurochs to aid the elephant-man, so maybe that was heard?

Sayuri heard what Sayuri heard, and it's your call what's in character! You're free to shoot at any target you can see, and even some targets you can't!

I am just looking forward to getting my armor so I can contribute to the fight more than I have. I am lucky to not be dead right now. I depended too much on my Virtuous Guardian of Flame.

I am just looking forward to getting my armor so I can contribute to the fight more than I have. I am lucky to not be dead right now. I depended too much on my Virtuous Guardian of Flame.
Well, since you're not dead, you depended on the Guardian of Flame juust the right amount! :D

Who poses more of a threat besides the Aurochs?
Generally those who appear obviously supernatural are going to be the greatest threats. Anyone with an Anima Banner is Exalted, and probably quite powerful. Currently you can see several anima banners. A great silver bonfire, a faint blue-black aura around a figure fighting the silver bonfire, a dark black ominous column in the distance advancing towards the melee, and a partially concealed golden bonfire that's spilling out from the windows of the guard tower.

Generally those who appear obviously supernatural are going to be the greatest threats. Anyone with an Anima Banner is Exalted, and probably quite powerful. Currently you can see several anima banners. A great silver bonfire, a faint blue-black aura around a figure fighting the silver bonfire, a dark black ominous column in the distance advancing towards the melee, and a partially concealed golden bonfire that's spilling out from the windows of the guard tower.
Would that count the wind dancers as supernatural?

Would that count the wind dancers as supernatural?
They are mildly supernatural, yes! They're difficult to see, and they aren't glowing like the Exalted, but if you have excellent senses you might be able to pick them out through the mists and recognize that they've been quite lethally effective so far.

They are mildly supernatural, yes! They're difficult to see, and they aren't glowing like the Exalted, but if you have excellent senses you might be able to pick them out through the mists and recognize that they've been quite lethally effective so far.
Then she'll take a shot at them, using Unobstructed Hunter's Aim.

Do I just announce it in post like in DnD? Or do I do it differently for Exalted?

Take the posts from the other players as a guide. You write the prose, decide what mechanics represent that prose, decide what stunt level you'd like to use, then in a spoiler or separate section write out the mechanics. Post, then edit your post to roll the appropriate dice, then figure out the outcome.

You're at Long range from your targets, though you could advance to get to Medium with your move action. That would put you at Short from the melee.

You can see their dodge defense value and soak in their stat block in the spoiler in my posts. You need at least as many hits as their dodge to hit, and subtract their soak from your damage. You'll need to decide if you're launching a withering or decisive attack. Since the enemy is retreating, building up more initiative isn't very useful, so I'd go for a decisive to do more damage. Withering and decisive attacks actually both do damage to battle groups (groups of weaker enemies), but ordinarily only decisive attacks deal real health levels of damage.

Take the posts from the other players as a guide. You write the prose, decide what mechanics represent that prose, decide what stunt level you'd like to use, then in a spoiler or separate section write out the mechanics. Post, then edit your post to roll the appropriate dice, then figure out the outcome.

You're at Long range from your targets, though you could advance to get to Medium with your move action. That would put you at Short from the melee.

You can see their dodge defense value and soak in their stat block in the spoiler in my posts. You need at least as many hits as their dodge to hit, and subtract their soak from your damage. You'll need to decide if you're launching a withering or decisive attack. Since the enemy is retreating, building up more initiative isn't very useful, so I'd go for a decisive to do more damage. Withering and decisive attacks actually both do damage to battle groups (groups of weaker enemies), but ordinarily only decisive attacks deal real health levels of damage.
Alright, I'll work on getting a post up sometime today. Work's been keeping me busy.

For a level 1 stunt (which your description falls into) grants +2 dice to your pool or +1 to a DV value.

Just to be confusing, I've changed the rules of stunting for this game. Ordinarily a stunt is awarded by the storyteller based on how much the table enjoys your dramatic description of your characters' action. It comes in three flavours: Minor, Major, and Defining. Minor is +2 dice. Major is +2 dice and 1 success and you gain a point of Willpower. Defining is +2 dice, +2 successes, a point of Willpower, a point of experience, and a pony.

This mechanic is great in person, and terrible in a forum. Instead I have decided you award yourself stunts. You can always give yourself a minor so long as you give even a basic prose description of your action. You can award yourself one Major per scene and two Defining per Story.

Does that help?

Just to be confusing, I've changed the rules of stunting for this game. Ordinarily a stunt is awarded by the storyteller based on how much the table enjoys your dramatic description of your characters' action. It comes in three flavours: Minor, Major, and Defining. Minor is +2 dice. Major is +2 dice and 1 success and you gain a point of Willpower. Defining is +2 dice, +2 successes, a point of Willpower, a point of experience, and a pony.

This mechanic is great in person, and terrible in a forum. Instead I have decided you award yourself stunts. You can always give yourself a minor so long as you give even a basic prose description of your action. You can award yourself one Major per scene and two Defining per Story.

Does that help?
Okay so 2 plus a point of Willpower for 3 dice? I feel like I'm forgetting something.

A minor stunt gives you +2 dice. A Major gives +2 dice, 1 success, and you get a point of Willpower. Defining gives you +2 dice, +2 success, a point of willpower, and a xp point.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back