OOC (Star Wars RP)

the problem with the idea of the bounty hunter idea is no one would care in our current group.  Except for, perhaps, Rin and, by extension, Atali.

The first thing that comes to my mind on the subject of a new antagonist is someone Trakus defers finding them , likely an imperial agent in the Ysanne Isard mould. Someone who's nearly at the top of their field and has performed all sorts of nefarious deeds to get there , and will do anything to stay there , yet still appears almost inhumanly detached and collected to anyone observing them 99.9% of the time. 

Tommy, it has absolutely nothing to do with DD vs ARS.  I'm having a hard time medically and even if there was no DD I probably would've still closed ARS.

I know.  It isn't fair of me to gripe.  Sorry for airing dirty laundry in the chat like that.  Besides, I suppose ARS had been dying for a while.  ...  I know I said it wasn’t dead... but I don't think I'm going to start writing that Poll RP again.  I'm not really all that emotionally invested in it anymore.

I should start writing again.  For my own sake.

So... is Ceth in the Academy infirmary, or does Kaen have him in a private infirmary?  Be a use if it's the former I might have something for Dargas to do.

Ok.  I'm still gonna post Dargas getting to the infirmary.

Hey, if i were to have there be an instructor at the school for Dargas, and possibly the other Korriban characters, to interact with, would I have to make him a character sheet?  He wouldn't be a major character, just an npc with a name really.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what Ravish will see is that half of the cargo bay is converted into 3 empty containment cells. They are roughly 4x6 feet in size and you can see at the entrance where an energy shield would materialize instead of physical barriers. The other half has provisions, maintenance equipment, and gear such as various physical restraints for different species for wrist, neck, ankles, and various alien appendages. This is all inside of crates though and not visible immediately. Also secret compartment full of confiscated weapons

I mean, if it's an NPC you wouldn't have to, @TommyGun15, but you'd really need to be a bit more up on how Overseers act toward acolytes.

Um... like the students/acolyte's are a blight on the universe, who should be lucky the overseers would ever deign to acknowledge their exsitence?  (aka: like my high-school government teacher)

Hmm... I'll think of something for Dargas to do.

Um... like the students/acolyte's are a blight on the universe, who should be lucky the overseers would ever deign to acknowledge their exsitence?  (aka: like my high-school government teacher)

More like the acolytes are insignificant little brats who just happen to have a small measure of power in them. If they hurt or kill each other , doesn't really matter much to an Overseer - there's more where that one came from , and since they didn't come from anything nobody really cares anyway. But so help them if they hurt or kill the Overseer (or an actual apprentice/someone important) , they'll find their head on the floor. That's not to say the Overseers don't do something , it's just that they're Sith f*cking Lords and would rather be gaining more power than overseeing a bunch of poor , homeless street-rats who just so happened to have some meager force-ability. Personally I imagine that Overseers probably hate their jobs (what real Sith wouldn't rather be doing something with real power instead of training a bunch of little punks?) and it comes through in the way they treat the students. 

@Proletariat

Huh.... Well that is a very full cargo bay. Which kinda puts a stop to the idea Ravish was having of loading her Starfighter into it by the front loading door. 

Ok then, gotta think of a new better plan. *Ravish and Grim mutter and pace sipping hot cups of Caf* 

So... how long do you think it would take for kolto to fix Costa's... how shall I put this?  Kentucky Fried Nerve Endings?

So... how long do you think it would take for kolto to fix Costa's... how shall I put this?  Kentucky Fried Nerve Endings?

Probably , since it's a specific area , injecting it with a solution (repeatedly if required) would work. Of course , that solution would likely take 30~ minutes or more to work , but it wouldn't require a full kolto tank to heal.

Also , @Fumes , technically that equation only can't be fully solved. Infinity is a non-real number with no defined value , but R can be defined most commonly as 8.3144598(48). Using that , one would get , with some rounding because I'm not typing decimals to past the thousandth , (28.148)(159276.077)(E[infinity symbol)^2). I'm sure distributions could be performed here , but that's something I'd rather not do on the basis that I'm not being forced to do it to get my precious B+ or above grades. Removing the infinity and assuming E = 2.71828 (Of course that's represented by a Lower case , but I can't think of a variable E with a defined value) , however , we would get 33127125.98. Besides , anyone who pays attention in calculus knows any equation with variable infinity can't be solved for real number solutions on the pure basis that infinity has no defined value. Then again , I'm breaking from building lego MTV-7 vehicles like an assembly line to comment on Math problems , so I could be entirely wrong on the whole thing. Either way , I just wanted to do it just because I'm a ridiculous Jedi Historian and I love doing academic things every now and then. 

Probably , since it's a specific area , injecting it with a solution (repeatedly if required) would work. Of course , that solution would likely take 30~ minutes or more to work , but it wouldn't require a full kolto tank to heal.

Also , @Fumes , technically that equation only can't be fully solved. Infinity is a non-real number with no defined value , but R can be defined most commonly as 8.3144598(48). Using that , one would get , with some rounding because I'm not typing decimals to past the thousandth , (28.148)(159276.077)(E[infinity symbol)^2). I'm sure distributions could be performed here , but that's something I'd rather not do on the basis that I'm not being forced to do it to get my precious B+ or above grades. Removing the infinity and assuming E = 2.71828 (Of course that's represented by a Lower case , but I can't think of a variable E with a defined value) , however , we would get 33127125.98. Besides , anyone who pays attention in calculus knows any equation with variable infinity can't be solved for real number solutions on the pure basis that infinity has no defined value. Then again , I'm breaking from building lego MTV-7 vehicles like an assembly line to comment on Math problems , so I could be entirely wrong on the whole thing. Either way , I just wanted to do it just because I'm a ridiculous Jedi Historian and I love doing academic things every now and then. 

giphy.gif

You lost me at "removing the infinity", but I'm glad you summarized what you were saying the first sentence.

[also glad you're smart and getting B+ grades or higher]

Thanks. : )

giphy.gif

You lost me at "removing the infinity", but I'm glad you summarized what you were saying the first sentence.

[also glad you're smart and getting B+ grades or higher]

True , technically it'd be impossible to factor out the infinity , because dividing infinity into the overall equation would only distribute infinity to the first two parentheses. Which would only make the equation less solvable than it was before. Which means it was likely extraneous to say that , in retrospect (admittedly I included that extraneously hypothetical situation merely because I wanted to see what it would end up solving to). Thank you for complimenting my learning aptitude , however. I try to maitain Historian-level intellegence.

Thanks. : )

IMG_0958.JPG

I have no idea what I really did to deserve thanks , but you're welcome anyway..?(EDIT) Oh , right. Doing maths made me forget that I did say something about the Kolto. Well , you're welcome! It's just what historians do anyway , after all. 

@Proletariat No doubting that. And Rin undoubtedly very good at his job, but it looks like the Starfighter is gonna get mag-locked to the hull.... Pity about. :( it would've been really cool to have the cargo bay as a secret launch bay. No smuggler would've expected it. 

So... what's the proper way for a student to address someone in Kaen's position?  Would a My Lady be proper?  Mistress?  Darth? Or just something like Instructor?

Thanks.  And sorry posting is taking so long.  I had school, and then my dad roped me into this hardware project of his.

Given that she's a Darth... Darth makes sense.

Hey! Historian things are my job! Don't make me break out my lightsaber! It's buried under books and artifacts and.. a lot of shit right now , but I will if I have to! 

..but , uh , yeah , he's right. That , or My Lord , because the Sith and Jedi both are rather androgynous with the way their students address them. 

(Obviously I'm joking about that. Somebody else has got to do it when I'm not around). 

Users who are viewing this thread