OOC (Star Wars RP)

So... I'd like to submit this one to the committee.

Eek grabbed the lightsaber with his bare hands. [ <<< Is a link]

It's not that I doubt that doing this is possible... it's just that when I went over the wiki page, all the people who did this are either A: Jedi/Sith masters, or B: Living embodiments of the Force itself.  I'm not sure if an acolyte, even a very skilled one, would be able to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not that I doubt that doing this is possible... it's just that when I went over the wiki page, all the people who did this are either A: Jedi/Sith masters, or B: Living embodiments of the Force itself.  I'm not sure if an acolyte, even a very skilled one, would be able to do that.

Also, I'd like to say for the record, Abeloth terrifies me.  I had no idea sh!t like that existed in Star Wars.

Jedi Council of First knowledge teaches as their first class to people who attend the Jedi academy. On the wiki it's considered simple to do body shielding with it, as well as absorbing harmful energy and expelling it somehow. I honestly don't think it's advanced just because they show Jedi / Sith masters doing it, but just because we barely see any younglings or acolytes fight long enough, or even at least seen to be using it.

[But I did tag HK-Fifty just in-case it was too much]

Also, I'd like to say for the record, Abeloth terrifies me.

abeloth_beloved_queen_by_darkriddle1-d4d52mk.jpg

I had no idea that kind of H.P. Lovecraft sh!t existed in Star Wars.  I think this sums up my position on her quite nicely.

Also, if you need me to change my IC actions, I would do so happily.

Well, my ruling would be that it is too much seeing as the wiki page bluntly states that telling a lightsaber to talk to the hand is a rare feat. I can buy an acolyte knowing it exists, but not being able to grab a glowing blade of plasma without any form of damage. 

Suggestion: Just grab the wrist and do a typical Judo throw. Duck the shoulder to avoid pain, grab wrist, toss. Gets the same result and is more believable for their current standing.

Oh she's not that bad once the voices calm down. Had tea with her just the other day. Wonderful conversation, even if most of it was in long dead languages.

I love her!! She's so adorable >w< also, she's one of the more fantasy like things in the Star Wars universe and I love it.

Also, I'm going to side with shadow on this. It's a bit of an advanced technique for an acolyte. And generally acolytes don't have lightsabers (they tend to get them upon becoming apprentices, using vibroblades until then) but I'll let it pass because I didn't catch it last night.

I love her!! She's so adorable >w< also, she's one of the more fantasy like things in the Star Wars universe and I love it.

Also, I'm going to side with shadow on this. It's a bit of an advanced technique for an acolyte. And generally acolytes don't have lightsabers (they tend to get them upon becoming apprentices, using vibroblades until then) but I'll let it pass because I didn't catch it last night.

Well, my ruling would be that it is too much seeing as the wiki page bluntly states that telling a lightsaber to talk to the hand is a rare feat. I can buy an acolyte knowing it exists, but not being able to grab a glowing blade of plasma without any form of damage. 

Suggestion: Just grab the wrist and do a typical Judo throw. Duck the shoulder to avoid pain, grab wrist, toss. Gets the same result and is more believable for their current standing.

Oh she's not that bad once the voices calm down. Had tea with her just the other day. Wonderful conversation, even if most of it was in long dead languages.

I am willing to accept the wrist grab/judo throw.

Also, on the subject of Abeloth, just think about this.  Star wars episode whichever comes out, and all these people pile into the theater thinking, "Oh, this is Star Wars, it's okay to bring our kids".  And then BAM.  That thing shows up, with its creepy eyes, and creepy tentacles, and creepy too wide mouth with more teeth than it has any right to have,

I have to agree with Shadow and Folclor - energy absorption of a blaster bolt is difficult , energy absorption of a light saber blade for even a moment is nigh-impossible. 

I actually like how unnatural Abeloth looks , honestly - it's the right blend of horror movie and magical specter. But I highly doubt she'll be in a Disney film , mostly because of exactly how she looks. And that a lot of people probably wouldn't like it or understand it. 

Cool.  I'm about to make a new post, and I didn't specify how Costa got flipped, but I kept him getting flipped.  He was gonna let Eek pin him, deactivate his lightsaber, then pointed it at Eek and reignite it so that the blade would pop into Eek's shoulder.

Cool.  I'm about to make a new post, and I didn't specify how Costa got flipped, but I kept him getting flipped.  He was gonna let Eek pin him, deactivate his lightsaber, then pointed it at Eek and reignite it so that the blade would pop into Eek's shoulder.

I think at this point that would be a bad idea. My saber's being pointed at your face/chest. Real fight, you would've been impaled.But I'm curious to see how it works.

I think at this point that would be a bad idea. My saber's being pointed at your face/chest. Real fight, you would've been impaled.

It is a real fight, and Eek would've been impaled in this case.  But a Sith Lord has intervened, so it's kind of a moot point.

She may stay exclusive to Legends, but I'd get a kick out of her doing a monolog at the end of a movie, showing her face (smiling of course) for a few seconds at the end of the monolog, then cutting to black with a sound like a xenomorph inhaled laughing gas. Complete with Voice of the Legion.

Actually, I think the Father, the Son, and the Daughter made an appearance in the Clone Wars at some point, so maybe she'll show up there?

Also... I just spent the last 4 hours doing biology homework.  Had to go out to the mountain and walk along this trail, writing down every living thing I saw.  I swear, I hope I never have to write the phrase desert grass again.  I'm gonna take a nap now...

Actually, I think the Father, the Son, and the Daughter made an appearance in the Clone Wars at some point, so maybe she'll show up there?

Also... I just spent the last 4 hours doing biology homework.  Had to go out to the mountain and walk along this trail, writing down every living thing I saw.  I swear, I hope I never have to write the phrase desert grass again.  I'm gonna take a nap now...

You had to remind me of that one time they tried to say the Force was based around deities.. I like Abeloth herself , but the Force Deities are something I'd rather throw into a fire. 

well , in any case I think if she appeared anywhere she'd look more akin to this. IMG_1327.JPGBecuase her humanoid appearance , while amazingly cool , would likely scar most children for life. 

You had to remind me of that one time they tried to say the Force was based around deities.. I like Abeloth herself , but the Force Deities are something I'd rather throw into a fire. 

well , in any case I think if she appeared anywhere she'd look more akin to this. View attachment 244046Becuase her humanoid appearance , while amazingly cool , would likely scar most children for life. 

Huh... I though it was something like, they became so powerful in the force that they transcended mortality, or some other shaolin monk, one with the force type thing like that.  Not that they were gods of the force.

Huh... I though it was something like, they became so powerful in the force that they transcended mortality, or some other shaolin monk, one with the force type thing like that.  Not that they were gods of the force.

IIRC , the Mother and Father represented balance (aka Grey) , while the Daughter and Son represented Light and Dark , respectively. Then again , I only ever watched it the one time and then read the Wookieepedia pages flipping through Force-related info.. I could be remembering it wrong , but I'm fairly sure that's what it was. Personally I just choose to see it as one of the Tython cubes (which had to be imbued with crazy force energies in the first place) showing Anakin , Obi-Wan and Ashoka the unifying and living force(s) in terms they would understand , instead of melting their brains with an unfiltered version. 

So... I've done some thinking, I think it might be a good idea to figure out how Nah-Iblen should die.  It's inevitable, and he definitely deserves it.  But I'd like to discuss it since his death would inevitably have an impact on Sanguina, and by extension Why'nn.

Also, I think we should admit the fact that Arisen has probably bailed, and Trakus won't be making an appearance anytime soon.  So with that being said, I think that before Iblen dies we need a new antagonist to keep the RP moving.  They don't have to be a sith, they don't even have to be a force user, but it needs to be someone who can keep the plot moving. Personally, I'm seeing three options.

1. We pick an existing character to be the antagonist.
  2. Someone creates a new character to be an antagonist.
  3. Someone adopts Trakus and plays him in Arisen's place.

Personally I'm a fan of option 2, and I'd be willing to make a new character if Iblen is going to die.

I actually have an idea for an antagonist. During the SWTOR era, senators are killed. Maybe someone could make some sort of bounty hunter that was responsible for it?

Users who are viewing this thread