OOC (Star Wars RP)

I said, "I don't understand.  I don't speak"  and then, in Spanish, "the pants."  So "I don't understand.  I don't speak the pants."

I've refreshed this page too many times, hoping to get a notification of someone posting in IC for about an hour and a half.

I've refreshed this page too many times, hoping to get a notification of someone posting in IC for about an hour and a half.

Yeah, it's a slow rp.  Just about everyone here has school, or work, or some combination of the two that keeps them pretty busy.  I got some free time, so I should have a post up within the next 15-20 minutes.

The empire is comprised of entire planets full of people I'm sure there is a German in there. Also I'm pretty sure the more we observe Rin inthe field the more we will see that, while he is typically a pretty legal fellow, whenever he gets heated things get a little vigilante-esque. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, the Empire was supposed to be British because the British (Empire) were the baddies and the Americans (Rebels/Republic) were the good guys.

Plenty of Germans fled to Britain, during the revolutionary era. Germany historically hasn't been a fun place to be. Edit: I'm in a class this semester about 18th-19th century European history, the short version is that France ruined it for everyone and all the smart people went to Britain because their revolution was overseas and didn't involve guillotines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, the Empire was supposed to be British because the British (Empire) were the baddies and the Americans (Rebels/Republic) were the good guys.

Agreed. As I always say , the original trilogy is for the most part modeled after the American Revolution in many aspects. Which I suppose could make the PT the Seven Years' War , and the new ST the War of 1812. Going by DisnEU , anyway (which admittedly is my lesser-preferred canon). 

I agree with and understand all of your points. I will not concede that among half of the galaxy, in planets with various human cultures there isn't someone with a Germanic sounding accent working for the empire.

Well obviously the agent isn't actually German, just like the majority of imperials aren't actually British or the rebels aren't actually American.

You don't know his story. Maybe he got shot in the jaw with a blaster round and now he talks funny, I don't know why this was even an issue..

Honestly , I find written dialect to be tiresome - and when it's applied to NPCs it seems rather pointless. Especially when it's in a work not set in our earth , and nobody else has ever used any kind of dialect before. 

And besides , when have you ever seen someone in the Star Wars universe who isn't an alien have an accent thick enough to require the use of dialect? 

This is the headache sort of nitpicking. I just wanted him to have an accent and the easiest I could think of involved z's. Sorry I don't follow the same NPC dialogue guidelines as you. I'll change it. Everyone in the empire is from Britain and they all sound like 1970's actors who either have fake British accents or don't bother trying an accent because it's the 70's and they're an extra, they're not making that much money, that's about as canon as it gets.

This is the headache sort of nitpicking. I just wanted him to have an accent and the easiest I could think of involved z's. Sorry I don't follow the same NPC dialogue guidelines as you. I'll change it. Everyone in the empire is from Britain and they all sound like 1970's actors who either have fake British accents or don't bother trying an accent because it's the 70's and they're an extra, they're not making that much money, that's about as canon as it gets.

That's not what we're saying. We're saying the use of dialect in this situation , as you performed it , was completely inane. If it would've been a British or French or southern dialect we still would've had the same issue. No human in Star Wars has an accent thick enough to use dialect. Ever. 

You can stop I'm changing it. I don't agree with your use of that information in the context of this roleplay, but it isn't worth the effort over a side thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back