• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice OOC - Rifts New Western Adventures

I am so sorry, well I did not reveal much if what was pretty much known everywhere. Its the journey that makes the story anyway, particularly Aang's and Korra's. Both are fantastic series.
No worries! And thanks! I will, of course, offer you the same courtesy, good Eon! I want you to enjoy these stories and fun times too! =)

What are the benefits for playing an Operator vs. a Rogue Scholar for your character? Any idea which of the two would be more fun?

I am leaning towards the Operator, mainly because they would be very helpful to the party in general. They can be the parties driver, pilot, and mechanic. They would be able fix and recharge their gear, repair armor, scavenge things, and maybe even have a small power suit or something to battle bad guys in. Also they can make some good money fixing things. There just seems to be a lot of good RP potential with them.

I am leaning towards the Operator, mainly because they would be very helpful to the party in general. They can be the parties driver, pilot, and mechanic. They would be able fix and recharge their gear, repair armor, scavenge things, and maybe even have a small power suit or something to battle bad guys in. Also they can make some good money fixing things. There just seems to be a lot of good RP potential with them.
I agree! Plus your character with the superpowers would definitely add to that. =)

I was thinking of giving Cadfael here (placeholder name) some mechanical skills (Jury Rig at the very least as it seems too useful not to take and Rogue Scientist gets a bonus for it). However, I can stop there so I don't step into your character's territory and put more into science and lore skills. I don't mind. =)

I am having to resist the urge to make my character some kind of martial artist (I really enjoy martial arts in real life and it often shows in my roleplaying). =)

Rogue Scholars and Rogue Scientists can make some good money when in the right places. =)

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Not for free, I'm afraid. Palladium sells their Book of Magic which is a big book covering spells and magical things from all over the Megaverse. I don't believe there is yet a book that is its psionic equivalent?
I don't believe so, Psionic, pretty much most of the stuff is in RUE. There are of course various OCC that uses psionic in other books but that's another story entirely.
Good to know, thank you. I did go through the power list in Ultimate Edition, I just wasn't sure if other abilities were added elsewhere.

Heya fellow gamers! Player open to advice here! =)
Regarding your concern of playing a non-combatant character.
Funny this comes up- while it sounds like Purr Purr has already settled on a character concept, I was actually waiting to see what others picked to help guide my own ideas. However, I'm starting to think the preacher idea might be the right one. The art historian would be my next choice, but it would be harder to figure out how to make the idea work*. Either way, I was planning to focus more on "humanities" type skills instead of the hard science or combat ones, which would hopefully round things out some.

*- The constructs I envisioned the art historian sculpting would have included barriers (potentially shaped like vases) and rudimentary small catapults / large slingshots, which could potentially be larger than him but not beyond the reach of his arms to create. However, that seems too simple for Techno-Wizards and the idea wasn't the imitate the spell list with them. At the same time, it seems like these sculptures would be too large and complex for Conjurors. There may be another class outside the ones I've looked at that would work, but I don't want to spend forever on it when I'm already learning a new system and setting.

Since the Preacher O.C.C. starts with some rope, I also thought about investing in some whip or wrangling skills. I know lassos are rolled "as if it were a combat attack to strike and ensnare", but I'm not sure if weapon proficiency with whips benefits that or not. I know there's a rope proficiency skill, I'm just not sure if it's only that which applies to lassoing. Or what the equipment options are for whips and ropes- I don't assume every enemy can be bound by common cord. Still, it gave me an idea for make a lasso / rope / whip focused preacher (to the extent that he's focused on any combat skill), and from that I wondered about taking inspiration from this guy:
castlevania___john_morris_by_monochrome_gs_d4dg464-fullview.jpg

images
Mostly just in the "knows about monsters and has proficiency with whips/ropes" area, but nonetheless.

I read some skill bonuses that fire and brimstone preachers get, but I didn't see any listed for peacemakers. Is there no mechanical advantage to those? I was imagining a character who was stern and firmly orthodox (not to be confused with Orthodox, i.e. Russian Orthodoxy), but generally presenting himself in a quiet or well-mannered way.

There is one more new idea I'm considering, and it's a guy who wants to be a legendary gunslinger like the Man with No Name. There is a slight problem though- he's level 1, and therefore nowhere near that cool. He knows it, and he hopes you don't. He'll have to actually get that cool over time.

I think either idea is perfect fine, so I'd like some advice from the other players. I could also just roll the dice and see which one the stats fit better, as soon as I remember how die-rolling works on this website.

Okies, I buckled down and purchased Rifts Coalition Manhunters PDF (it's on sale on DriveThruRPG.com).

Turns out the Corgi Dog Boy is its own special O.C.C. - it's a Dog Boy specialized in tracking down magic and supernatural evil! Corgis are smart, have a unique and CS-"approved" relationships with faeries, have reduced abilities when it comes to tracking psionic-using characters, but can find ley lines, demons, and all manner of enchanted things that the Coalition lives to destroy.

For a New West campaign, I don't imagine the Corgi-faerie relationship will come up at all. Also, the Corgis are bad to the bone when involved in the Minion War and gain potent bonuses but only when up against creatures of that storyline (true demons, minions of Hell, etc.). I don't see that coming up either.
Still, they remain the best-suited Dog Boys ever made for tracking down magic. The Lone Star facility does indeed make them. So what if Cadfael was transformed into a 1st level Rogue Scientist with the physical and psychic abilities of a Welsh Corgi Dog Boy?

That might add to our future quest of disappearing D-Bees. Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist Do you mind if I give this a try? A Rogue Scientist O.C.C. with the body and special abilities of the Corgi Dog Boy?

EDIT: Or would you rather I go with After the Bomb or something else? What's best for you and your campaign?

Last edited:
Me, suddenly considering the fairy companion idea again:
QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Hah! Hold yer horses, pardner! We haven't even heard from our Game Master yet to know if I have O.K. or not. =)

As for rolling dice on RP Nation (good luck!), one creates a post, the uses "Post Reply." Go back into that post using Edit. At the bottom of the post, select "Throw dice."

You'll see three areas to fill, the first is optional (I highly recommend using it). Reason. Here, I usually put the reason I'm rolling the dice (Attributes, Initiative, etc.). Second is "Rolls" (how many dice do you want to roll?) followed by Faces (which kind of die are you looking to roll?). In the case of rolling for Attributes (using 3d6), one might put it like this:

Reason: Starting Attributes
Rolls: 3
Faces: 6.

Click "Throw dice" below "Faces" and you'll get your result (you might have to click F5 to refresh the page). It takes some practice, but you're welcome to Bookmark this post if you think you'll need it in the future. =)

Waitaminute. What am I doing? Dann, how many times does Alchie have to say it? "It's viable." =)

You know what? I'll begin writing up this character and if there are changes you want made, you'll let me know! =)

Alright just let me know if you have a question later, but I don't believe it is a problem for the corgi dog boys.
Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist O.K.! I do have two questions so far - is Hand to Hand: Commando available for purchase (it's four Skills to take)?

What major languages are used in Lone Star/New West?

Last edited:
I think technically it's not available to all OCCs.

Like wilderness scout for example can't learn HTH commando.
O.K.. I will select Expert for him.

And languages? I have three on top of his native language (English) to pick? What is most used in Lone Star/New West?

Ooh! Good thinking! Muchas gracias, Psychita!

Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist Heya!

Which languages are most often used out in your New West, please? I've two that I don't know what to do with.

Seven out of eight of his attributes are 2d6 with speed as 3d6. May I arrange the 2d6 as desired, please? I don't want a dumb scientist or an easily-winded or slow dog if I can avoid it. =)

Also, dice time!
O.C.C. Bonuses (Corgi Specific):
+1D6 to M.A.
+1D4 to P.E.
+2D6 to Spd attributes
+3D6 to S.D.C

I.S.P. Base: 1D6x10
P.P.E. Base: 3D6+4

Attributes (Corgi Dog Boy):
I.Q. 2D6+7
M.E. 2D6+6
M.A.2D6+9
P.S. 2D6+6
P.P. 2D6+8
P.E. 2D6+6
P.B. 2D6+6
Spd 3D6+6 running,
Spd 1D6 digging.

Skills:
Boxing 3D6 S.D.C.
Athletics 1D6 Speed
1D8 S.D.C.
Running 4D4 to Speed

Oh! And I think my character just told me he wants his name to be Toby! A Rogue Scientist Corgi Dog Boy named Toby!

Happy Chill GIF

Piano Corgi GIF

I have a rough draft of Toby drawn up, but only finished characters go into the Characters Thread. Is there a way to link the Character thread to this OOC channel, please?

Last edited:
Well let see the results first, it's unlikely the character will be dumb or anything too low to be honest.

Three main languages, honestly don't even think there is that many main languages:

American is the obvious one.
Spanish is indeed in general popular.
Native Americans have different languages depending on their tribe.
The most common D-Bees have been on Rifts Earth long enough that they mostly just speak American and any other languages.

So beside American and Spanish, those would be the main ones.

You can swap one of the 2d6 result with another one.

Last edited:
Well let see the results first, it's unlikely the character will be dumb or anything too low to be honest.

Three main languages, honestly don't even think there is that many main languages:

American is the obvious one.
Spanish is indeed in general popular.
Native Americans have different languages depending on their tribe.
The most common D-Bees have been on Rifts Earth long enough that they mostly just speak American and any other languages.

So beside American and Spanish, those would be the main ones.

You can swap one of the 2d6 result with another one.
Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist I appreciate your allowing me to swap out one of the 2d6 rolls, otherwise my character would not qualify for Rogue Scientist (I.Q. of 12 minimum). I'll also go with English and Spanish and two others that hopefully make sense (or could I save those language slots for something else down the road)?

As for the Dice Roller, um, I guess I wasn't clear. I am trying to avoid using the RP Nation Dice Roller altogether. If that's the only way we're rolling dice, I would save you the trouble and roll them myself.

Ah I didn't get that part, rolled them there to simply avoid some issues if the roll wasn't in the open but if you have no problem with it, I do have my dice at home.

Ah I didn't get that part, rolled them there to simply avoid some issues if the roll wasn't in the open but if you have no problem with it, I do have my dice at home.
Yes, please! Could I get the rest of my rolls here and have all future rolls done on real dice, please?

Yes! By "rest of my rolls" I mean these:

EDIT: O.K.. I will finish the rolls.

O.C.C. Bonuses (Corgi Specific):
+1D6 to M.A.
+1D4 to P.E.
+2D6 to Spd attributes
+3D6 to S.D.C

I.S.P. Base: 1D6x10
P.P.E. Base: 3D6+4

Skills:
Boxing 3D6 S.D.C.
Athletics 1D6 Speed