• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice OOC - Rifts New Western Adventures

Eternal Alchemist

This is the OOC thread for the Rifts New Western Adventures

First FAQ:

Is it possible for other races other then humans to have exceptional stats. As in like the humans 16+ on 3d6 is another d6. If so what is the rule or standard for figuring out the numbers required.

Answer:
It is possible.
  • 2D6 - a single die on a 12 (no additional dice)
  • 3D6 - a single die on a result of 16, 17 or 18, if this dice is a 6 roll another bonus dice (max 30)
  • 3D6+ - a single die on a result of 16, 17 or 18, if this dice is a 6 roll another bonus dice (max 30), then add in the +
  • 4D6 - no bonus die.

Last edited:
On a completely unrelated note, since you are running a Rifts game, just to let you know that I've just started my own Rifts game that you would be welcome to take a look at. The IC thread had just started.
Definitely will take look, for now tho going back to bed, some slight insomnia.

So Sherwood, you going to play an Ecto-Man?
Possibly. I am at work at the moment, and I want to familiarize myself with the race again. So once I'm home and had a chance to read on them I'll decide.

I am probably going to regret taking another RP, but the idea of playing a “normal” person in Rifts sounds too much fun (and probably tragic). ;-)

I am considering a Grackle Tooth Cyber Knight. I haven't played either one of those selections before and I think it would be fun!

EDIT The Grackle comes with a low level of MDC naturally, but they also try to avoid cyber implants, so that would make up for not taking the Cyber Knight implanted armor. Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist would that combination of OCC and RCC be ok in this setting?

Also, are we doing anything special with dice rolls, such as re-rolling 1's, or adding an extra die and dropping the lowest one of the set?

I am probably going to regret taking another RP, but the idea of playing a “normal” person in Rifts sounds too much fun (and probably tragic). ;-)

Welcome and honestly it's fine.

I am considering a Grackle Tooth Cyber Knight. I haven't played either one of those selections before and I think it would be fun!

EDIT The Grackle comes with a low level of MDC naturally, but they also try to avoid cyber implants, so that would make up for not taking the Cyber Knight implanted armor. Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist would that combination of OCC and RCC be ok in this setting?

Also, are we doing anything special with dice rolls, such as re-rolling 1's, or adding an extra die and dropping the lowest one of the set?

1% of CK are Grackle-tooth funny enough as described in SoT, so its fine with them not using the cyber armor.

Just the rolls, but I did answer Sherwood's question about exceptional attributes for people rolling different stats compared to humans here: Rifts: New Western Adventures

Attributes in general vary so much depending on what you play and are measured differently on top of it, with whatever powers or abilities you get. For Grackletooth, they are pretty much guaranteed good results, with PS and PE being supernatural too.

Welcome and honestly it's fine.

1% of CK are Grackle-tooth funny enough as described in SoT, so its fine with them not using the cyber armor.

Just the rolls, but I did answer Sherwood's question about exceptional attributes for people rolling different stats compared to humans here: Rifts: New Western Adventures

Attributes in general vary so much depending on what you play and are measured differently on top of it, with whatever powers or abilities you get. For Grackletooth, they are pretty much guaranteed good results, with PS and PE being supernatural too.
Cool beans. I have my character idea all ready to go, then. Here come some rolls.

These are all before any Cyber Knight or Skill bonuses.

Iq: 12
Me: 12
Ma: 21
Ps: 30
Pp: 15
Pe: 21
Pb: 10
Spd: 18

Last edited:
Okies!

More rolls.
+ I D4 to M.A., M . E . , P.S., P.P., P.E., and Spd attributes.

Ma: +3
Me: +1
Ps: +2
Pp: +4
Pe: +3
Spd: +3

Last edited:
I think I am going to go with the Ecto-Man. Here are some rolls of my own.

Iq: 18
Me: 11
Ma: 6
Ps: 7
Pp: 12
Pe: 6
Pb: Not Applicable
Spd: 44

Hit Points: 800
SDC: 1,200

Last edited:
Yup. The Ecto-Men are not MDC beings, but they have enough hit points/sdc to survive a low amount of Mega Damage if I get caught without my Psi Shield up.

ISP roll. 140

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back