[OOC] Pretty Pretty Slaughter

I've updated my CS with all the abilities I've generated corresponding to each card in the Tarot deck. Please, if a power seems too boring or underwhelming, if it seems too overwhelming or particularly powerful compared to other cards, or if you have any ideas for replacing the powers with something different, PLEASE let me know! I've been working very hard on getting all 78 abilities done, and I wouldn't want too many of them to go to waste due to a lack of creativity. Any suggestion is fine, you don't have to know anything about Tarot cards to help me out, but if you think you could come up with something if you had more info, I implore you to check out a website called Biddy Tarot. The Tarot card descriptions on that site are top notch and it's actually pretty interesting stuff once you get into it, so I recommend going there if you're interested. All of the powers are subject to change as I continue along in case I'd like to replace/revise certain things.

All of the abilities look great so far! They all seem very powerful, and can be utilized in many ways. The limitation on these abilities requiring the tarot cards is really enough to balance out all of them + I do not imagine Miss Fortune is not the most physically/combat capable.

I just need clarification on this one card.

Hierophant: Learn anything instantly, but instantly forget after use.

Can this information be written down? Can it be shared? Exactly how long is he effect, literally right as it is used?

Edit:

Fool: Target becomes completely blind.

Is this effect permanent?

(Fun fact: Another character of my creation utilizes a standard 52 card deck as their catalyst. Rival maybe?)

Tonight I will be beefing up the lore page with the following...

1. Magical Girl Corruption & Mutation
  2. "Magic" explanation & Observed limitations
  3. A new organization that makes "Living Weapons"

I was thinking of adding lore on Gheists, but that will be a mystery learned about through roleplay. (If you absolutely need a mental image for them think Eva-units from Evangelion that are MUCH larger and more fleshy)

Tonight I will be beefing up the lore page with the following...

1. Magical Girl Corruption & Mutation
  2. "Magic" explanation & Observed limitations
  3. A new organization that makes "Living Weapons"

I was thinking of adding lore on Gheists, but that will be a mystery learned about through roleplay. (If you absolutely need a mental image for them think Eva-units from Evangelion that are MUCH larger and more fleshy)
I pictured gheists as big bipedal robots with a shit ton of guns on them but also a bunch of flesh and tentacles and other moist looking stuff XD.

Also more lore?! *Happiness noise*

I pictured gheists as big bipedal robots with a shit ton of guns on them but also a bunch of flesh and tentacles and other moist looking stuff XD.

That depiction works too! Really the Gheists are sorta supposed to be kind of "Lovecraftian." Strict word by word descriptions of them do not really do them justice. They are supposed to be more "horribly grand" than anything known to exist on Earth. The shock of seeing them is supposed to not allow you to get a "clear look" at them, and instead you are kinda just seeing through them.

Basically... they are scary.

Also if you want me to expand on some random lore I might have mentioned in passing I will be more than happy to write expanded explanations for it somewhere on the lore page.

SadistPoet SadistPoet I've revised the abilities to specify what exactly I wanted them to do.

Hierophant: User quickly learns any teachable skill by doing actions that are related to it. All skills are lost after this card's effect ends.

Basically, Miss Fortune doesn't know how to drive a car. If she uses this card and starts driving, it will be obvious at first that she's never driven before. However, her skill will slowly increase to the amateur level, and she'll eventually be able to do it as though she literally learned to drive before she could walk. The ability doesn't have anything to do with tangible information that you can learn, like science or math or something.

Fool: Target temporarily loses their vision for the duration of this card's effect.

No, they do not become permanently blind.

Also, more lore. Yay!

SadistPoet SadistPoet I've revised the abilities to specify what exactly I wanted them to do.

Hierophant: User quickly learns any teachable skill by doing actions that are related to it. All skills are lost after this card's effect ends.

Basically, Miss Fortune doesn't know how to drive a car. If she uses this card and starts driving, it will be obvious at first that she's never driven before. However, her skill will slowly increase to the amateur level, and she'll eventually be able to do it as though she literally learned to drive before she could walk. The ability doesn't have anything to do with tangible information that you can learn, like science or math or something.

Fool: Target temporarily loses their vision for the duration of this card's effect.

No, they do not become permanently blind.

Also, more lore. Yay!

Initially, I interpreted the skill as learning a fact like, "Where did the Gheists come from?" Which would be a cool skill, but negate lots of the mystery in the role-play. I see now that you had a different idea in mind for it.

Reis Reis

I love that you introduced a mech! The backstory was also awesome, and will mix well with the story revelations I have planned.

Edit: Will the mech be effected by an electro-magnetic pulse?

Now that we have 10 magical girls, I will be making the squad assignments. Speak leader nominations now or forever hold your peace.

Lol, thanks! I thought long and hard about my character so I'm glad you like her. Can't wait to get this show rolling!

Edit: In response to your question, I don't see why not

Also if you want me to expand on some random lore I might have mentioned in passing I will be more than happy to write expanded explanations for it somewhere on the lore page.
I was wondering if possible we could get some rumours/legends on things like the Prophet of Blood and Temple of Stone as well as other psychic/supernatural things. Maybe not information explaining them or detailing facts about them but like maybe myths or stories that people in verse might know if there are things like that? If they are like 100% secretive and unknown to the world though i get it if thats not possible.

I was wondering if possible we could get some rumours/legends on things like the Prophet of Blood and Temple of Stone as well as other psychic/supernatural things. Maybe not information explaining them or detailing facts about them but like maybe myths or stories that people in verse might know if there are things like that? If they are like 100% secretive and unknown to the world though i get it if thats not possible.
Great idea! I'll begin to work on a supplementary "Myths, Legends, and Supernatural Phenomena" section that can be pulled from. I will list each different entries "secrecy level" so you can know whether or not you can reference it.

The Prophet of Blood is actually a VERY well known figure. If we are using "comic booky" terms, he would classify as a "Super Villain."

I'll also write on the mentioned things according to their secrecy level. The Temple of Stone will be very high, so I will be very vague about it.

Okay so here is a little list of things I added to the lore!

New notable figure Zuberi "Mahou-Butcher" Abara. This guy is really scary so watch out.

New notable organization "Machina" who is responsible for living weapons.

A new section in the magical girl database detailing magic, corruption, and mutation.

Current squad assignments (Remember squad leader is an important position)

The order following 1.) will be the chain of command. For example, if 1 and 2 die then 3 will be the leader. The lowest in command is not a personal "attack" at your girl and is purely based on leadership capability/random decision.

SQUAD A

1.) Ophelia Evangeline Lamonia (Leader) .chxrryette. .chxrryette.
2.) Liv Errington Dawnsx Dawnsx
3.) Khaliunaa Boyankim InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum
4.) Lucia Megume dazzling dazzling
5.) Claire Westley Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis

SQUAD B

1.) Annie Brooks (Leader) Reis Reis
2.) Celeste (Cleo) Donovan SilverBlack SilverBlack
3.) Lyudmila Zima Mion Mion
4.) Aimi Minako Kitt Kitt
5.) May Meyer SadistPoet SadistPoet

My reasoning for the leaders is as follows...

Ophelia exhibits leadership qualities in both her positive and negative traits. Such as being dutiful, bossy, attentive, and strict. She is focused on preforming magical girl duties (which can be bad potentially) however I feel this also makes her a qualified leader. Some of her dislikes/negative traits might make leadership a challenge, but that will make this role more interesting.

Annie on the other hand was made a leader because of her loud voice, like of magical girls, loyalty to pretty's ideals, and general shounen protagonist vibes. Her mech also creates a domineering presence on the battlefield which will make it easier to give orders.

In conclusion, the leaders were picked off their idealism towards magical girl duties and general forwardness in giving orders. We want people who will make idealized decisions rather than drastic ones that might endanger the public.

Also, I tried to balance out personalities, but also focus the teams powers. Team B is a more hard hitting team full of damage, while Team A has more "smoke and mirrors" methods of dealing with problems (Still hard hitting though). I avoided pairing Khaliunaa with any celebrities to avoid conflict of that nature in combat (Probably still will happen).

(NOTE: We have one more person coming for sure. They will be added to one of the two squads, but will not take any leader positions)

Big announcement... again... I have made a discord so everyone can have easier access to contact me/each-other on the go. I have decided having a place to ask questions quickly will be needed for this RP. This OOC chat will still be used to note changes to the lore page, and for anyone who is not in the discord to send messages.

Send me a PM to get the discord link. I would post it here, but I do not want the chance of randoms getting in our secret base.

.chxrryette. .chxrryette.
Dawnsx Dawnsx
InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum
dazzling dazzling
Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis
Reis Reis
SilverBlack SilverBlack
Mion Mion
Kitt Kitt
ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool

Whoof

I forgot this existed

What are you guys gonna do now? The two people who have magic food are either (Sorta) dead or passed out

Also you guys noticed how everything is made in China these days?

Except for babies

They're made in vaCHINA

:3

*puns intesify*

The lore page has been updated a bit too Elena...

Also in response to your joke...

I have only been a man trapped in a woman's body once in my life... then I was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back