[OOC] Pretty Pretty Slaughter

SadistPoet

Ippen, Shinde Miru?
Use this OOC thread for all your OOC needs. Feel free to use this thread to contact me with any questions, ideas, and propositions.

SadistPoet SadistPoet
Does the general public know the human identities of magical girls? Since their human forms and magical girl forms can look different I’m assuming that identities can be kept secret?

SadistPoet SadistPoet
Does the general public know the human identities of magical girls? Since their human forms and magical girl forms can look different I’m assuming that identities can be kept secret?
Yes, if a magical girl takes measures to hide her identity then she can maintain anonymity. Some are forced into revealing their identities. Others can volunteer that information to the public to build trust, or for whatever other reason. Generally speaking though most magical girls keep there identities secret with ease.

((NOTE: I edited this post because it was written on mobile. I went back and clarified what I said... it was kinda hard to read))

Last edited:
What's the difference between the human name and the magical girl name?

Great backstory, it really fits the horror-vibes I am going for. I also love the name too. I do have a few things I would like for you to flesh out though.

1.) Can you elaborate in her backstory on her getting the visions of the De:cay reality, becoming a magical girl, and how that changed her life? It does not have to be long - maybe just a good paragraph more?

2.) From your backstory I am getting the vibes that Grace already had some 'supernatural' abilities prior to ever becoming a magical girl. That is okay considering I already planned on having some humans with 'psychic' potential. Can you elaborate on her 'Magical Girl' powers? If she is knowledgeable about biology and chemistry (and is wise) then maybe she can speed up chemical reactions, create explosions, automatically target weak-points, read minds, or something along these lines. Also, can you elaborate on 'psychic powers' more? That can mean any number of things.

I really appreciate the work you have put into your character thus far, but can you make these few minor edits please to help it better fit the RP?

saor_illust saor_illust

So when this does start, how often would you like us all to post? I can usually post reliably once a week with good quality.

SadistPoet SadistPoet

Good questions! I do not have a solid start date in mind due to it taking different amounts of time for people to get there characters done. I think we should aim for Friday next week (July 26th). Ideally, I would like posts every 1-3 days from all participants to ensure the RP moves along at a reasonable pace.

Dawnsx Dawnsx I really like Liv! Great backstory and a meaningful power. I have no gripes with her whatsoever, but just one little question. Due to a corruption level not being mentioned, would it be right to assume she currently has a level of 0%? I need to know this so I can add her to the "Magical Girl Database" I am making on the lore page. :)

EDIT: Just going to throw this information out here for everyone to see. The "Magical Girl Database" is going to be a mysterious in-character list of Magical Girls I will manage. It is going to list abbreviated backstories, ability sets, and corruption levels. The most "scary" part about it is that databases writer is also going to list what it believes to be the best "elimination method" of your magical girl, and what they believe to be the probability of your magical girl going rogue. No-one will know of this database at the start of the RP, but it's just something fun to look at.

Double Edit: I went ahead and assumed zero percent. I can alter it if needed.

Last edited:
Great backstory, it really fits the horror-vibes I am going for. I also love the name too. I do have a few things I would like for you to flesh out though.

1.) Can you elaborate in her backstory on her getting the visions of the De:cay reality, becoming a magical girl, and how that changed her life? It does not have to be long - maybe just a good paragraph more?

2.) From your backstory I am getting the vibes that Grace already had some 'supernatural' abilities prior to ever becoming a magical girl. That is okay considering I already planned on having some humans with 'psychic' potential. Can you elaborate on her 'Magical Girl' powers? If she is knowledgeable about biology and chemistry (and is wise) then maybe she can speed up chemical reactions, create explosions, automatically target weak-points, read minds, or something along these lines. Also, can you elaborate on 'psychic powers' more? That can mean any number of things.

I really appreciate the work you have put into your character thus far, but can you make these few minor edits please to help it better fit the RP?

saor_illust saor_illust
Hey um what is the De:cay reality? the lore doesn't really explain it much, so... And so what kind of things could elaborating on 'psychic powers' mean? And what are some ways girls might become Magical Girls?

saor_illust saor_illust

I acknowledge my lore is complicated, but it hardly does not explain De:cay and Magical girls.

The following timeline are the events of the reality where humanity was consumed by the Gheists. This reality has only been made known to a few select individuals, and first wave magical girls. Although, this is not to say magical girls have not tried to inform the world of this reality. Many people are skeptical considering its glaring differences from the current reality - Re:peat. Information not relevant has been expunged.

The above quote is what explains De:cay timeline. It is the timeline where humanity was consumed by the Gheists AKA mysterious enemy that you should have read about in the interest thread. This is explained in the "General Setting Synopsis" tab. I laid out the premise as clearly as I could.

"Please - take my power. I failed already. I was so stupid! So very stupid! I thought I could stop them alone!"

These word of dread came from a girl who's words could not live up to her failure. Somehow, through some mysterious act, this voice sent a peculiar power back in time to several teenage girls. The power to transform into their idealized self, and possess a set of fantastical powers - a Magical Girl. This was something that was never before-seen in human history. Girls who could transform and develop a set of powers based on their personality. Unfortunately, anything 'good' in the world will inevitably be exploited by special interest groups. Whatever girl sent her power back in time had not anticipated this, or did she? Who says you can trust the voices in your head?

The above quote demonstrates that Magical Girls came to be by a voice "...through some mysterious act, this voice sent a peculiar power back in time to several teenage girls. The power to transform into their idealized self, and possess a set of fantastical powers - a Magical Girl." This is how magical girls came to be. In the lore, this is implied that the power was given to stop the events of the De:cay reality, but it never came to be.

As for your question for psychic powers I will use the definition. Psychic: relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance. Does she possess all psychic powers? Or just a set of them? Be very specific about what her "psychic" powers are.

While we are at it I will make some other suggestions for your character going top from bottom. Her magical girl appearance has no meaningful alteration, and is almost like she dyed her hair and put contacts in. Where is the magical girl aspect? Try to incorporate something fantastical into her outfit.

Her personality is very limited in-scope and should be at-least two or three sentences.

The backstory makes no reference to magical girls, or the universe itself. It spends half of it talking about dying cats. If you re-do it make references to the lore in some way, and focus less on the cats and her father killing his wife for very vague reasons.

Also I want to touch on your skills and talents you selected.

Human Skills & Talents: wings, knowledgeable about biology and chemistry

Magical Girl Power(s): wings, knowledgeable about biology and chemistry, psychic powers

How are wings a human talent? You never referenced biology and chemistry in your backstory either. Why not put doodling as a talent? The magical powers make a little more sense, but why biology and chemistry? We already went over psychic powers.

The sword has almost no purpose other than looking cool. It being red instead of blue does not mean anything. What does the sword do? Does it have a special power or attack?

Corruption level looks alright though.

If you cannot fix these then I suggest you dropout and look for a more simple RP.

cs posted, im sure theres stuff i can change because im burnt out for some reason rn

will fix in morning if need be! it is uhhhh quite wordy, and does mention suicide and gore. i figured this would be okay but let me know if i need to change anything.

Kitt Kitt I love the character. Good abilities and concept. I just want to make sure that you are aware that mutations are also present in human form too.

Just a quick note to everyone. Your magical girl being added to database means you are accepted into the RP.

Edited so I don't have to make another post: Okay I just wanted to lay out some things. I am writing the database with elimination methods in mind not because I am going to kill off any characters. Unless you literally RP flying into a solar reactor, jumping on a copper-plated bomb, or something like that; I will always allow a way out of doom. I am taking time to write them for two reasons...

1.) To help create the atmosphere that Magical Girls are being monitored, and special interest groups are planning on exploiting them.

2.) To demonstrate that I have read your character sheets and genuinely care about your characters.

Last edited:
Kitt Kitt I love the character. Good abilities and concept. I just want to make sure that you are aware that mutations are also present in human form too.
ooh okay!! is it cool if i leave the same ref pic for normal form?

Users who are viewing this thread