• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OOC] Naruto - Trials of the Forgotten

So this is just a thought and I might be reading things wrong anyway.

But at the moment it seems like the objectively most efficient way to allocate physical stats is to put two in everything. That would bring you to three in every stat with the base 1, which would put you over the threshold for bonus technique points.

Since the stat cap is five anyone lowering a physical stat below three to invest the points elsewhere would lose the bonus technique points without being able to earn more elsewhere by bringing a different stat up to six.
Sadly we're not able to have two in everything, theres 6 stats to be split so that'd require 12. Which gives something to be a clear weakness of course, but still can have a moderately average build if needed, just two with 2.

Looks like it's gonna be another generalist for Ori, not a bad thing mind.

Hmm..... Looks like (Less I'm understanding the technique section wrong) I'll have to work out a new character idea. Cause a TenTen type character is not looking possible at this stage of character creation.

Am I wrong here? Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe cause it appears the stylings of my genin would require allowance to place points on some level into both Fuinjutsu & Bukaijutsu yet none of the six points are allowed to be placed there, while only a max of 1 point can be used for one or the other. Going by the alternative means given. Since Tenten uses weapon scrolls for her bukaijutsu which incorporates Fuinjutsu and ninjutsu into her weapon techniques, it seems a new idea will be needed in place of that one and to fit this CS. Outside of my own obstacles with it, It seems good to me. Similar to what I've seen in the past with power based Rps and such and stat systems.
A Tenten-esque character is possible, though as I said before, one or the other would be weaker. You can only put the one point into Fuinjutsu or Bukijutsu, but there's still the score bonus from your other stats. I'd recommend putting the point into the Fuinjutsu, so that it shows you personally can seal those weapons into scrolls, as anyone can wield and swing a weapon, but nobody can, without knowing how, use Fuinjutsu.
Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe Woots. Thanks.

Looking at the CS skeleton, is that all the information you require or can we add on to it, i.e. If he uses a weapon. Or potential chakra nature for down the line in their growth
I'm going to be adding the Nature Types to it once I have a moment, but as for other things, such as weapons, you may freely add whatever is necessary for your character to have marked in their sheet.
On the Stat system, we get ten MORE points to add to the physical characteristics correct? Separate than the one to each section that's given? We aren't able to remove the one from a section and make it a zero right?
Correct. Base one for each, cannot remove that base. (Otherwise, as examples, 0 Fortitution you can't take a step without keeling over in pain from stepping on a pebble, or Dexterity 0, you can't hold your chopsticks while eating ramen).
So this is just a thought and I might be reading things wrong anyway.

But at the moment it seems like the objectively most efficient way to allocate physical stats is to put two in everything. That would bring you to three in every stat with the base 1, which would put you over the threshold for bonus technique points.

Since the stat cap is five anyone lowering a physical stat below three to invest the points elsewhere would lose the bonus technique points without being able to earn more elsewhere by bringing a different stat up to six.
VVVVV
Sadly we're not able to have two in everything, theres 6 stats to be split so that'd require 12. Which gives something to be a clear weakness of course, but still can have a moderately average build if needed, just two with 2.
This here, AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy ^^^
Also Coding is allowed right?
Code it as you wish, as long as everything there is included. However, I'm going to have to note that I need to add in the Nature Release requirement for the sheet. I'll be limiting it to one of the five basic Nature Releases.
Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

You mentioned nature transformations before in the interest thread, is it still cool of we include nature transformations or is that something we have to work towards?

Also what level ninjutsu should we be capable of at the levels we'll be at (1-5 out of 20)?

There's the E rank techniques like basic transformation which are required for graduating the academy. Then D ranks like substitution and C rank like water bullets.

E rank will obviously be in line with the level of our characters because it's required to be a genin, so my main question is will we be allowed to use C rank techniques (low level nature transformations and similar level techniques) or just D rank (essential ninja techniques like the substitution/clone techniques)?

Edit

If you don't mind my suggestion, I think people that invest points should be allowed to use C rank techniques which is in line with genin that have a ninjutsu focus.

D Rank - level 2+

C Rank - level 5+

B Rank - level 10+

A Rank - level 15+

S Rank - level 20+

The higher above the baseline needed the more efficient the technique. A level 4 using a C rank will be much weaker and less effective than a level 20 using a C rank, like a Madara fireball jutsu vs a genin Sasuke fireball jutsu.

I put C rank at 5, only 3 above D rank because the buy in to basic combat techniques shouldn't be that costly after that its 5 skill points per level to unlock. Now obviously this is just my opinion & it's your RP so do what you think is best, but when I was reading over the CS sheet this game to me and I figured I'd share.
I do have plans for regards to technique level versus skill levels, and I will take into account your suggestion. Do note though that skills, being [Ninjutsu], [Genjutsu], etc., are on a 10-point scale.
Also, just making sure, but we are still war torn right? I feel as if this has been answered, but doesn't hurt to double check
Correct, war-torn nation, though has had a short period of time without any fighting within the direct vicinity of the village due to the end of the most recent great war.

A Tenten-esque character is possible, though as I said before, one or the other would be weaker. You can only put the one point into Fuinjutsu or Bukijutsu, but there's still the score bonus from your other stats. I'd recommend putting the point into the Fuinjutsu, so that it shows you personally can seal those weapons into scrolls, as anyone can wield and swing a weapon, but nobody can, without knowing how, use Fuinjutsu.

I'm going to be adding the Nature Types to it once I have a moment, but as for other things, such as weapons, you may freely add whatever is necessary for your character to have marked in their sheet.

Correct. Base one for each, cannot remove that base. (Otherwise, as examples, 0 Fortitution you can't take a step without keeling over in pain from stepping on a pebble, or Dexterity 0, you can't hold your chopsticks while eating ramen).

VVVVV

Code it as you wish, as long as everything there is included. However, I'm going to have to note that I need to add in the Nature Release requirement for the sheet. I'll be limiting it to one of the five basic Nature Releases.

I do have plans for regards to technique level versus skill levels, and I will take into account your suggestion. Do note though that skills, being [Ninjutsu], [Genjutsu], etc., are on a 10-point scale.

Correct, war-torn nation, though has had a short period of time without any fighting within the direct vicinity of the village due to the end of the most recent great war.
I do like what you've done with the system, its abit of a breath of fresh air to me. Feels very rpgish but not.

VVVVV

Cool

VVVVV

Danke for the tip! Also yeah, I saw that possibility later after posting the quoted statement. I spent too much time on technique and the points there while not looking at the lower end and it's relation to the physical of which I skimmed at best at the time. (Side effect of over focusing on one area and giving little to all else haha)

I'll begin putting together a post for my Genin, that way I can visualize it and edit when and where needed.

Oh duh, silly me. Still the fortitude stat doesn't appear to give any bonus technique points? So the most efficient build is two to every other stat and 1 in fortitude, at least in terms if picking up bonus points.

I don't think that's a bad thing exactly but it may incentivise people to create less diverse characters.

Aight I uh, I'm a bit confused here. Maybe I'm being dumb or crazy, but the technique Scores, it states none of the six points allowed can be put into Bukijutsu Senjutsi or Fuinjutsu, but it then says you can use 4 points to be put into ninjutsu taijutsu genjutsu and either fuinjutsu or bukijutsu?

Edit -

Nvm

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe A thought occured to me for a rather quirky type of personality. Bright, beaming and joyful, in all facets their a rather bright young lady. But for some ungodly reason, likely a trait she got from her father, she speaks in.. opposites...

its habitual, and she fully udnerstands it can be very confusing at times, but is nontheless a very caring and helpful person, despite her.. oddities...

I just wanted to give you a pass on this, do you think this is to quirky for what you got going? I know saying"Too quirky" in a naruto rp is like saying "is a fish allowed to swim?' but I figured I should pass this over on you.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe A thought occured to me for a rather quirky type of personality. Bright, beaming and joyful, in all facets their a rather bright young lady. But for some ungodly reason, likely a trait she got from her father, she speaks in.. opposites...

its habitual, and she fully udnerstands it can be very confusing at times, but is nontheless a very caring and helpful person, despite her.. oddities...

I just wanted to give you a pass on this, do you think this is to quirky for what you got going? I know saying"Too quirky" in a naruto rp is like saying "is a fish allowed to swim?' but I figured I should pass this over on you.
If you can play it and it doesn't outright separate your character from the plot via disinterest, forced disagreement, etc., then go for it. Which, by the looks of it, it'll do some wonderful stuff in this RP.

Oh duh, silly me. Still the fortitude stat doesn't appear to give any bonus technique points? So the most efficient build is two to every other stat and 1 in fortitude, at least in terms if picking up bonus points.

I don't think that's a bad thing exactly but it may incentivise people to create less diverse characters.
Fortitude's actually quite important. Think about it this way. Fortitude 1, you get hit up close by a Strength 5 punch, knocks the wind out of you. Fortitude 5, get hit up close by a Strength 5 punch, hurts a good bit but you're still able to punch them in return. The same can apply to mental attacks, such as how well you can get through a horrible Genjutsu, like let's say Itachi's Tsukuyomi, which he used on Kakashi.

While Fortitude itself isn't used for other stats, it's a hard representation of how much someone can hit you without you keeling over and waking up in the hospital; or worse, the afterlife.

Aight I uh, I'm a bit confused here. Maybe I'm being dumb or crazy, but the technique Scores, it states none of the six points allowed can be put into Bukijutsu Senjutsi or Fuinjutsu, but it then says you can use 4 points to be put into ninjutsu taijutsu genjutsu and either fuinjutsu or bukijutsu?

Edit -

Nvm
Yep, it's an alternative that lets you put a point into one of the latter two, at a reduced count for the first three.

@Kyoko Tomoe Hey, my character's up

Idk the restrictions when it comes to using animals as tag partners, but I hope she gets a pass, and I'd like to discuss something about my character with you in private, if possible

Also, you said you were still adding into the CS correct? If it's all the same to you, can I post my CS when the edits have been made?

@Kyoko Tomoe Hey, my character's up

Idk the restrictions when it comes to using animals as tag partners, but I hope she gets a pass, and I'd like to discuss something about my character with you in private, if possible
Feel free to send me a PM, and I'll take a look shortly after you send it.
Also, you said you were still adding into the CS correct? If it's all the same to you, can I post my CS when the edits have been made?
You can post before or after I make the updates, but do note that I won't accept characters before everything's in both the official sheet itself and the character's sheet.

Just a note- though I know it's been read already in my earlier post. But my submitted post for CS remains a WIP at this stage. Due to CS potential changes and just visualizing it all for now.

If you can play it and it doesn't outright separate your character from the plot via disinterest, forced disagreement, etc., then go for it. Which, by the looks of it, it'll do some wonderful stuff in this RP.

Ah, thats odd, seems RPn didn't update my notifs until now... Oh well, i can edit the stuff I've typed now to fit it in. I'll make it selective so she isn't always doing it, yea know, only annoy the speacial people :3

The Silent Z The Silent Z You've put too many points into your Technique Scores. Since you took a point in Fuinjutsu, you should have a total of 4 points between Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu, not a total of five.

B Billicious Similar thing for you, you're limited to one point spent among Bukijutsu and Fuinjutsu, meaning that you need to turn that two into a one. (That point won't go to anything else, mind you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back