• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OOC] Naruto - Trials of the Forgotten

I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate any ideas into a character, I mean my animal loving side keeps drawing me back to the idea of a ninja stuck in the form of an animal due to an accident during training. The problem is how would they pass their exams or use jutsu without hands.

Tbh I don't think that's gonna fly in the naruto-verse. The only comparable thing is the effect of sage mode on someone who is untrained, but that actually turns you into an animal, like a dumb, no consciousness animal.

However as The Silent Z The Silent Z said, there is plenty of precident for partnerships with animals. Dogs, cats and insects being the three explicitly shown, but it would stand to reason that some other clans exist with similar partnerships. Obviously it's not my call but from the vibe I'm getting, this is a RP that mirrors the canon at its early stage. So off the rails abilities and forms are out of the picture, including, I assume, stuff like perminant animal fusion.

Oh, I guess you both have points. I mean I wasn't thinking anything as advanced as sage mode, just a little curse that was meant to weaken an opponent. Of course there's no telling what actually exists in the Narutoverse, just look at Wasabi's cat cloak.

Never heard of this Wasabi person nor their cloak of cat, so I googled and now I know why, haven't seen Boruto nor read it least not yet. But unique deal Izuno has going there.

Never heard of this Wasabi person nor their cloak of cat, so I googled and now I know why, haven't seen Boruto nor read it least not yet. But unique deal Izuno has going there.

What is a Boruto? Is that some kind of plains rodent from north east Asia?

Yes I know what Boruto is..... but let's just pretend it doesn't exist for my mental health.

What is a Boruto? Is that some kind of plains rodent from north east Asia?

Yes I know what Boruto is..... but let's just pretend it doesn't exist for my mental health.
Hmm... Sounds like a name for a deterrent. Or otherwise yes. Haha

But... Yeah we can do that. Not sure I can even attempt Boruto after Shipuudens faults well imo some faults. Some good to awesome characters though.

Hmm... Sounds like a name for a deterrent. Or otherwise yes. Haha

But... Yeah we can do that. Not sure I can even attempt Boruto after Shipuudens faults well imo some faults. Some good to awesome characters though.

War arc was pretty bad, worth it though just to see Madara in action.... until ZETSU kills him.

tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif
I guess Boruto is probably better than that, but I've heard bad things.

War arc was pretty bad, worth it though just to see Madara in action.... until ZETSU kills him.

View attachment 420312
I guess Boruto is probably better than that, but I've heard bad things.
Yeah. My highlight was finally gotta see the Seven Swordsman of the Mist revealed, waited years for that moment. But yeah War arc was pretty bad a lot of OP abuse too as the series went on for Shipuuden.

Haha, yeah I've heard snippets of details about it. But mostly just names and who's who kinda stuff on my end. Mental health wise though seems best to pretend like you said.

Maybe after awhile I'll be able to try a episode or two. But not ready yet.

Happy easter from the great maple syrup kingdom of the North.

For those of you here in the OOC, this is the link to the Character Sheet thread. I'll soon be updating the first post of all related threads to have links to each other soon. Please give feedback on the character sheet, and do note that there is no related combat system, as I'm hoping to not have to implement one.

Fandom - [Characters] Naruto - Trials of the Forgotten
HYPE CENTRAL RIGHT HERE!

Now if only I could sit down and not be cooking >.<

For those of you here in the OOC, this is the link to the Character Sheet thread. I'll soon be updating the first post of all related threads to have links to each other soon. Please give feedback on the character sheet, and do note that there is no related combat system, as I'm hoping to not have to implement one.

Fandom - [Characters] Naruto - Trials of the Forgotten
Doesn't the physical stat system and Technique Scores System count as a Combat system?

Doesn't the physical stat system and Technique Scores System count as a Combat system?
Incorrect. They represent the characters, yes, but it doesn't function as an actual combat system. If it were a combat system, then those numbers would be the deciding factors themselves. For example, in a combat system, a character would have health, roll for damage, etc., or alternatively would put their used skill against the used skill of the opponent. In this case, these numbers are just that - numbers. They have no end result, they merely act as a representation of that character, similarly to if I were to have you put description of their fighting style, techniques, and strengths/weaknesses.

Incorrect. They represent the characters, yes, but it doesn't function as an actual combat system. If it were a combat system, then those numbers would be the deciding factors themselves. For example, in a combat system, a character would have health, roll for damage, etc., or alternatively would put their used skill against the used skill of the opponent. In this case, these numbers are just that - numbers. They have no end result, they merely act as a representation of that character, similarly to if I were to have you put description of their fighting style, techniques, and strengths/weaknesses.
Ah, gotcha.

Is this still open? :3
Oh, right, almost forgot to respond to this. Yes, I'm still allowing interested individuals to hang out and stuff. I'm likely going to be limiting how many players I allow in this RP though, whether it be as a first-come first-served system through who gets characters posted, or as a quality check of those characters to see which people I think will do well for this RP. More people mean more chances for distraction from the main plot, after all, and while I don't disagree with the idea that it'd be possible to manage the full of everyone interested, I'm not sure I'd be able to do so on my own.

Hmm..... Looks like (Less I'm understanding the technique section wrong) I'll have to work out a new character idea. Cause a TenTen type character is not looking possible at this stage of character creation.

Am I wrong here? Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe cause it appears the stylings of my genin would require allowance to place points on some level into both Fuinjutsu & Bukaijutsu yet none of the six points are allowed to be placed there, while only a max of 1 point can be used for one or the other. Going by the alternative means given. Since Tenten uses weapon scrolls for her bukaijutsu which incorporates Fuinjutsu and ninjutsu into her weapon techniques, it seems a new idea will be needed in place of that one and to fit this CS. Outside of my own obstacles with it, It seems good to me. Similar to what I've seen in the past with power based Rps and such and stat systems.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe Woots. Thanks.

Looking at the CS skeleton, is that all the information you require or can we add on to it, i.e. If he uses a weapon. Or potential chakra nature for down the line in their growth

Oh, right, almost forgot to respond to this. Yes, I'm still allowing interested individuals to hang out and stuff. I'm likely going to be limiting how many players I allow in this RP though, whether it be as a first-come first-served system through who gets characters posted, or as a quality check of those characters to see which people I think will do well for this RP. More people mean more chances for distraction from the main plot, after all, and while I don't disagree with the idea that it'd be possible to manage the full of everyone interested, I'm not sure I'd be able to do so on my own.
On the Stat system, we get ten MORE points to add to the physical characteristics correct? Separate than the one to each section that's given? We aren't able to remove the one from a section and make it a zero right?

So this is just a thought and I might be reading things wrong anyway.

But at the moment it seems like the objectively most efficient way to allocate physical stats is to put two in everything. That would bring you to three in every stat with the base 1, which would put you over the threshold for bonus technique points.

Since the stat cap is five anyone lowering a physical stat below three to invest the points elsewhere would lose the bonus technique points without being able to earn more elsewhere by bringing a different stat up to six.

Now that I've re-read things. I'll retract my earlier question and overall statement as now I see a way and more clearly have read and understood the CS's overall allowances and such. I just should have paid less attention on the techniques points and more on how the physical would effect things.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

You mentioned nature transformations before in the interest thread, is it still cool of we include nature transformations or is that something we have to work towards?

Also what level ninjutsu should we be capable of at the levels we'll be at (1-5 out of 20)?

There's the E rank techniques like basic transformation which are required for graduating the academy. Then D ranks like substitution and C rank like water bullets.

E rank will obviously be in line with the level of our characters because it's required to be a genin, so my main question is will we be allowed to use C rank techniques (low level nature transformations and similar level techniques) or just D rank (essential ninja techniques like the substitution/clone techniques)?

Edit

If you don't mind my suggestion, I think people that invest points should be allowed to use C rank techniques which is in line with genin that have a ninjutsu focus.

D Rank - level 2+

C Rank - level 5+

B Rank - level 10+

A Rank - level 15+

S Rank - level 20+

The higher above the baseline needed the more efficient the technique. A level 4 using a C rank will be much weaker and less effective than a level 20 using a C rank, like a Madara fireball jutsu vs a genin Sasuke fireball jutsu.

I put C rank at 5, only 3 above D rank because the buy in to basic combat techniques shouldn't be that costly after that its 5 skill points per level to unlock. Now obviously this is just my opinion & it's your RP so do what you think is best, but when I was reading over the CS sheet this game to me and I figured I'd share.

Edit 2

Those scales can apply to both tai and genjutsu, as those techniques also have scaling from E to S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back