OOC Discussion

Oh dang, this thread is still here! :P I sent you a PM before I saw these replies...

The question is, could you make a character dissimilar to Kurt from X-Men?

And the answer is yes. But you can also make one similar to Kurt from X-Men, yes.

Only similarity I'm aiming for is the teleportation power and physical appearance, but I want to make a female with an entirely different history and of course with a different name. I just love his powers and general appearance, but don't want to make him be my character, yeah?

Yeah, that'd be a fairly simple character. We've already got a sort-of teleporter so we should probably look at that to see which stat represents teleportation ability. After that, the point allotment should be a cakewalk. :D

Yeah, that'd be a fairly simple character. We've already got a sort-of teleporter so we should probably look at that to see which stat represents teleportation ability. After that, the point allotment should be a cakewalk. :D

'sort-of teleporter' How is one only sort-of a teleporter? O.o

For the point allotment, I still don't understand it. Is there a maximum amount of points I can allot for my character?

Hey, I'm probably going to bother people now but Uhhhh does this mean we are open??

There's a friend of mine (and Sam's) who would like to join us~

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie Bishop can teleport things to her, or her to things, but not... certain other stuff idk.

Yes, there is. Basically, you start with a certain number of 'CCPs' or character creation points. They can be spent as follows:

1. E
  2. D
  3. C
  4. B
  5. A
  6. S

... I think. :P Those super ranks have certain points that can be spent, which are... um. I'll come back to that.

Kurt-powers would probably merit a C or a B rank, depending on the level of experience with their use.

Jamie Bishop can teleport things to her, or her to things, but not... certain other stuff idk.

Yes, there is. Basically, you start with a certain number of 'CCPs' or character creation points. They can be spent as follows:

1. E
  2. D
  3. C
  4. B
  5. A
  6. S

... I think. :P Those super ranks have certain points that can be spent, which are... um. I'll come back to that.

Kurt-powers would probably merit a C or a B rank, depending on the level of experience with their use.

Hmmm...all right. Well, I can go ahead and make the CS and just leave it as a WIP without any points allotted until we know that stuff for certain. I'm going to go ahead and say that my character has used her teleporting powers quite a lot growing up, but doesn't have the best control all of the time. Like, she can't just close her eyes and visualize where she wants to go. For now, she has to see where she wants to teleport to.

AH, WONDERFUL. 

MORE KINDLING FOR PYRO'S EVER BURNING FLAME.

WELCOME TO AEGIS. IN THE NAME OF RAGUEL, YOU WILL BURN, FILTHY DEMON.

"How is one only sort-of a teleporter? "

We do technically have two characters already with a form of teleportation powers.

Bag o Fruit was right about Jamie Bishop, because she can create "anchors" or a "rope", whatever, to pull herself towards an object or pull an object towards herself.

The other character is Marianne I believe?

She can create Portals. 

Okay, so high-ish energy for her so she can be teleporting about and then if she has a similar appearance to Kurt, then she'd have high-ish agility as well, yeah?

Hey, I'm probably going to bother people now but Uhhhh does this mean we are open??

There's a friend of mine (and Sam's) who would like to join us~

@welian bump 'cause this place is too active my message will get lost and I have too little cellphone batery to wait X D

Also, welcome Lioness~ I wish I could stay and help you too but, I'm in class >.<

Not nessecarily. She's agile if you decide she's agile, blue skin wouldn't have much to do with that.

Not nessecarily. She's agile if you decide she's agile, blue skin wouldn't have much to do with that.

I wasn't talking about the skin color lol. That wouldn't change anything. I meant her having bipedal legs like Kurt and how he is sometimes seen even crawling about or sprinting on all fours.

@Necessity4Fun Message me with their username. We're still on invite only (and there is a form for suggesting users to be invited).

@Necessity4Fun Message me with their username. We're still on invite only (and there is a form for suggesting users to be invited).

Yay!

Oh there is? I probably missed it somewhere oops >.< Sorry about that :33

E Rank>9-11
D Rank>12-14
C Rank>15-17
B Rank>18-20
A Rank>21-23
S Rank>24-26

I believe the inclusion of the Energy stat increased the maximum point threshold of each Rank by one?

Gonna have to check on Welian for that, but this should allow you to somewhat accurately allocate points.

How're things?

They're mostly going well. IRL, I'm studying abroad in Canada, eh! Heh, I love it here. xD

E Rank>9-11
D Rank>12-14
C Rank>15-17
B Rank>18-20
A Rank>21-23
S Rank>24-26

I believe the inclusion of the Energy stat increased the maximum point threshold of each Rank by one?

Gonna have to check on Welian for that, but this should allow you to somewhat accurately allocate points.

Uhhh, okay. Hmm, I guess I need someone to confirm my rank before I throw points everywhere lol.

That's awesome :D  I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Looking forward to seeing you in the roleplay!

Yeah! I'm very happy to be able to join finally. This RP sounds brilliant and plenty of fun. ^^

Remember that Rank is determined by one's ability to cause damage to buildings or others, rather than things such as utility or something. 

So I most certainly believe you're character is within the C rank or the Lower B Rank category.

You might also want to think carefully about the physiology alteration part that you seem to be keen on. 

Abilities and such kinda have to be related in some way If I remember clearly, so Alexis, our wondrous edge queen of flame can not only manipulate flame but become flame like an utter badass. Eden can transfer wounds and has slightly accelerated healing rate. All of their secondary powers link to their main in some way.

You want to think about leaving out the Blue skin and altered physiology part en all, unless you got a really solid and acceptable idea on how to incorporate it.

Remember that Rank is determined by one's ability to cause damage to buildings or others, rather than things such as utility or something. 

So I most certainly believe you're character is within the C rank or the Lower B Rank category.

You might also want to think carefully about the physiology alteration part that you seem to be keen on. 

Abilities and such kinda have to be related in some way If I remember clearly, so Alexis, our wondrous edge queen of flame can not only manipulate flame but become flame like an utter badass. Eden can transfer wounds and has slightly accelerated healing rate. All of their secondary powers link to their main in some way.

You want to think about leaving out the Blue skin and altered physiology part en all, unless you got a really solid and acceptable idea on how to incorporate it.

I still am not at all keen on the skin color having to be blue (would actually prefer it to be dark grey since that would give her better stealth options, but I also don't want her to always be hard to see lol), my only thoughts were mostly on the muscular/skeletal changes in her body being the addition of the tail (balance for when teleporting somewhere and not ending up faceplanting in the end lol) and then the bipedal legs and less toes/fingers (more balance here, as the bipedal legs would allow her to be on all fours for even better balance and less fingers/toes means the few she has are bigger and will be easier for her to move about on). Then when standing up on on two legs instead of running around everywhere on all fours, she would have less balance and so this would be where a limitation could come in place.

How does that sound?

I mean, Kurt's skin is technically covered in fur (which explains the blue appearance) and so that could explain the appearance of her skin being dark grey in that it's not actually dark grey, since it's just the color of the fur covering her body and tail.

I mean, if you really look into the details of Kurt's powers, he has a ridiculous amount and is way overpowered. He even has spiderman powers in that he has microscopic suction cups on the pads of his feet and palms, allowing him to just casually climb smooth surfaces lol.

Technically, it's mentioned that Kurt's darker fur color plus the dimensional portal, which always surrounds his body and absorbs photons, actually allows him to move through shadows. So, he's like a stealth master lol. If you can ignore the little puffs of smoke he'd normally leave behind whenever teleporting about.

Technically, navy colored materials blend in better with natural darkness, because the moon reflects light as well so it's not completely dark outside. (unless you're in a room and if it's really that dark then color doesn't matter that much lol)

But that's me going off on a stupid "realistic" tangent so you're more than welcome to not listen to me xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back