• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {OOC} An Adventure of Cowards

Do you want to use Discord for OOC discussions and lore debating alongside this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Sorry folks for being passive, I've had stuff to attend to but now let me to re-join to the conversation and share my thought about the two main themes of the last messages; the idea of our characters forming a guild and that heinous claim that Dark Souls 3 isn't the best in the series.
Let me start with the most important haha
That depressing reluctance of DS3's world, the fact your biggest enemies, the Lords of Cinder don't want to link the fire again because it hurt that much or they simply can't(?), think about it: Yorm the Giant is just sitting there, alone in his throne room, with the weapon can defeat him at his feet, waiting for you to defeat him... I don't know this apathetic world really speaks to me:closed eyes open smile:

Now about the guild-forming...firstly I thought that is a bad idea but then I had to realize you're right; it's impossible to do the simple travelling adventure with 14 characters. So I'm on your side, however I would prefer to create this guild gradually. This is more like a preference than an idea since I didn't find an interesting way how to get together all of hour characters but basically, firstly we form pairs/small groups, secondly these groups are coming together by an event, thirdly once our characters have the intention and emotional bound for it, we form our guild...
I hope I don't have to say but tell me what you think!

See, DS3 was almost a favorite, but it fell short for me because I feel they downgraded a lot of dex weapons. Adding insult to injury was the Herald class. I was so excited to see a spear-wielding miracle user wearing a white cape (just like my cleric from 2), who was somewhat of a hybrid between knight and cleric. However, thrust damage in 3 was just dreadful compared to "standard" and miracles were in such a sorry state, there wasn't much to love about it.

I might be poor at explaining things... my bad. I do want it to happen in the present of the roleplay too. I figured we were going to have a bit of a prologue phase in the actual roleplay, where we can get settled before officially setting off in search of the cradle (in a serious manner, at least), giving us the chance to meet people and get a sense of direction. That's where I would've encouraged finding/connecting with the guild. That's not something I want to skip over, personally, and I'd prefer to see it written and played out.

Does that make more sense? I do agree with what you're saying, if I'm understanding it right.
Do not apologize, English isn't my native language so I may have problems with umderstanding what you think exactly. But now I think we are on the same page; you also think in like chapters (prologue~networking, then the main campaign(
See, DS3 was almost a favorite, but it fell short for me because I feel they downgraded a lot of dex weapons. Adding insult to injury was the Herald class. I was so excited to see a spear-wielding miracle user wearing a white cape (just like my cleric from 2), who was somewhat of a hybrid between knight and cleric. However, thrust damage in 3 was just dreadful compared to "standard" and miracles were in such a sorry state, there wasn't much to love about it.
I'm more of a primitive player. I enjoy the themes the OST, the story and pleased by a spiked cub or that frosty sword to smack the enemy with haha

DS3 does have a banger moral to the story in terms of keeping an endless cycle alive on life support, doing the same things over and over, continuing a dying age of prosperity for only the few. I love the bleakness of the world and the concepts it presents with its themes of time travel and the cycles. The world has already had all of its intended history played out, and now all the heroes and champions who can link the flame already have or have died trying; they are brought back once more as ash and asked to burn their soul as fuel once more, and-- naturally, they refuse to endure that pain again and again for all eternity.

I enjoy the world being at its end, and the time travel forward in the DLC where you fight Gael shows what the world will become, and i respect it so much! It's everything I want out of a dark fantasy story.

Also, have you guys seen the overall mod for DS3 that's hitting it's releases lately? It's called Archthrones, and it's a completely custom story (with items and bosses) that has themes and places from all the FromSoft games. It explores a world where The Chosen Undead refused to go on their quest to link the flame in the first game, so the Fire Keeper had to step up and find some sort of balance.

So I assume that we're going with the smaller groups idea (which i vouch for). I can recall a group already made, so is it that everyone chooses a group or is it random?

Bing bam boom, my laptop is back in action! :coolshades:

I agree with smaller groups and progressing from there, also rakshasa rakshasa I'm still interested in making a group with you! Sorry I haven't been around lately. A couple of pickpockets running the streets and causing some chaos sounds like fun!

So I assume that we're going with the smaller groups idea (which i vouch for). I can recall a group already made, so is it that everyone chooses a group or is it random?
Preferably. We’re just trying to figure out how to subtly tie everyone together amidst that. Feel free to group up though.

Preferably. We’re just trying to figure out how to subtly tie everyone together amidst that. Feel free to group up though.
Oh okay, understood. And thanks, don't know how to start with the grouping, but for anyone R'hllor is 100% completed and ready to plot and scheme lol

So, I have to go to work soon, but since we're starting to plot-- what's a good goal for our group? What kind of goals do we have and what would we be doing? Also, if you guys are cool with it-- them included, I'd love to invite Goonfire Goonfire to our party as well. I feel like for Arnou, I'd love to eventually return to Westvale as I have a few ideas I'd like to plan out there, and their character also has a reason to go back. I think it would be a solid grouping of four!

What kinds of stuff do your characters want to get up to?

( BlueXBlood BlueXBlood Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy )

So, I have to go to work soon, but since we're starting to plot-- what's a good goal for our group? What kind of goals do we have and what would we be doing? Also, if you guys are cool with it-- them included, I'd love to invite Goonfire Goonfire to our party as well. I feel like for Arnou, I'd love to eventually return to Westvale as I have a few ideas I'd like to plan out there, and their character also has a reason to go back. I think it would be a solid grouping of four!

I’m cool with it. Though, I am plotting history with Corn’s character (Khadija), so is five too much..?

If so, it might actually be worthwhile to plot with Xen6n Xen6n , as Aris’ character is developing in a direction that might be of interest to R’hllor.

I can share more in DMs, if you’re interested, Xen6n Xen6n .

I’m cool with it. Though, I am plotting history with Corn’s character (Khadija), so is five too much..?

If so, it might actually be worthwhile to plot with Xen6n Xen6n , as Aris’ character is developing in a direction that might be of interest to R’hllor.

I don't think five is too much at all! Hell, even six should be fine in my opinion.

Back to this, though, since I didn't really answer, Aris continues to develop as long as I stay involved in the world-building, so bear with me. 😅 So far, though, the thought of the cradle appeals to her since she might be able to create a serene, cushy life for herself, separate from the rest of society, which she struggles to find a place in due to her strict lifestyle back in Iyesgarth.

If she's going to be aimless, might as well be aimless in luxury and without worry. Time to create a personal paradise.

Sure! Go ahead, I'm all ears

Hey, Aegis Aegis ,

So, I gave it some thought, and I decided that I'm gonna try grouping with Xen6n Xen6n (and hopefully Corn Orc Vandal Corn Orc Vandal too). We were talking stuff out and it turns out that things work really well together for our characters. I apologize, since I don't wanna come off as ditching y'all or anything, but I hope and look forward to having the two groups encounter each other and interact then.

Just felt that with the direction Aris was developing in and certain character traits she has, she was probably gonna be a drag to Arnou and his party (especially when y'all set off for your darkmire/westvale arc).

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for the invite anyway. ✌️

Hey, Aegis Aegis ,

So, I gave it some thought, and I decided that I'm gonna try grouping with Xen6n Xen6n (and hopefully Corn Orc Vandal Corn Orc Vandal too). We were talking stuff out and it turns out that things work really well together for our characters. I apologize, since I don't wanna come off as ditching y'all or anything, but I hope and look forward to having the two groups encounter each other and interact then.

Just felt that with the direction Aris was developing in and certain character traits she has, she was probably gonna be a drag to Arnou and his party (especially when y'all set off for your darkmire/westvale arc).

No hard feelings! Whatever is best for your character and experience!

Hey, Aegis Aegis ,

No worries. I'm thinking Aegis Aegis , _ChickenWithTeeth_ _ChickenWithTeeth_ , and perhaps 1-2 more would round out a group quite well. I recall discussing with Chicken the possibility of Sheraga traveling with the unicorns, as a magical healer would keep him going with greater confidence. Arnou would also be an interesting choice, given he and Sheraga are fallen officers with a bad history with the swamps of Darkmire.

Now, I'm plotting for Sheraga, and he has stopped caring about the mission. He is prioritizing the health of the other lepers who were exiled alongside him; good heart, just waning devotion to his Temple's cause. The lepers like him are what keeps him searching, even if some of them do hate him. The circumstances of his departure also weigh heavily on him; he didn't get to say goodbye to his fiancé before his exile and doesn't know what became of him. Last time they saw each other was in Braethia, at an oupost just outside Darkmire.

Hi everyone! Sorry for being out for a while. i see you guys have been cooking :D YAY! Give me a bit to catch up and I'll open up the RP thread finally lmao. Thank y'all for being patient with me 😭

[ Sorry I'm late getting this finished. If there's anything I missed, let me know and I'll make adjustments]

Welcome to: The Southern Village of Marlveil "Beggar's Hollow"

Biome:
Desert

Specialty: Known as a hotspot for thieves and beggars to accumulate, Marlveil is a good place to go if you’re looking for secrets and shady deals. A “black market” of sorts, you’re bound to come across some rare items, animals, and creatures. Be warned traveler, there are no rules and there are no riches to be found in the shadows of this village. Don’t expect any help unless you’re willing to pay handsomely, and keep your treasures well hidden. Draw too much attention and you may end up as a novelty for sale in the market.

Example images:

a047400e69c870fa48e3b5a1e58dbcc9.jpg
56493340a37bc5af6365b211c86e6607.jpg
9cd30aac4d91293a0e2c9a6349904e94.jpg
Rohan Rohan Ok awesome place. I love me some shady black market :D
Couple questions:
  1. Where is this located? North/East/South/West etc... look at the lore page to pick where you want this to be.
  2. Am i understanding correctly that anyone that goes in/lives there aren't likely to be hostile to a specific race/culture as long as the person is smart enough to navigate around these parts?
  3. Do I have your consent to add a tiny bit of code to just move the pictures you gave around and blend them in to your text a bit more?

Sounds good! Hopefully this does the trick.

View attachment 1151866

Iyesgarth, Land of Strength and Independence

Situated in the far northeastern region of Kirlia, Iyesgarth stands as a large and fortified city caught in the rolling hills between the Lost Pines Forest and a ridge of mountains to the north. Holding fervently to its value of independence, the city secludes itself with a large stone wall around its perimeter, serving as a symbol of the things it takes pride in. On the outer territories of the wall, many settlements have arisen with farms, plantations, and vineyards. These smaller villages serve as the city's attempt at gradually becoming a kingdom.

In its younger days, Iyesgarth was nothing more than a meager settlement, sustained by men of ambition with lofty visions. As it grew, though, the lineages of those men became the nobility that now governs the great city, leading it in order, justice, and prosperity.

• Iyesgarth was founded by six courageous men by the names of Heustis Polaseul, Algernon Chavanne, Clement Sublifort, Casamir Graykeeper, Ivor Bécharil, and Ozias Vimont. Old colleagues and acquaintances, connected for one reason or another and united by a single vision of creating an empire.

The journey of establishing Iyesgarth was met with many controversies, such as how the settlement should be governed and by whom. Though it managed to survive without such a system of order, with each house living in cooperation, that peace was short-lived. Heustis was a militiaman before their pilgrimage, and he had insisted that the settlement take on a more battle-ready lifestyle, envisioning the world as an unforgiving place of conquest. Clement, his least compatible colleague, opposed him in this, claiming that diplomacy was the means by which Iyesgarth would gain power in the world.

Casamir sided with Heustis, and Ivor with Clement, creating a deep rift of division amongst the leadership. Only Algernon and Ozias were left to contemplate the situation without the hateful delusions the opposing houses had developed toward each other. It was during that time that Ozias had devised a plan. A council in which each man's strength would be utilized, all for the good of Iyesgarth.

To house Polaseul, he gave the responsibility of the military, training all who were able and willing to pick up arms and protect the settlement. However, he instructed that battle should only be used to defend, and Iyesgarth would not live by the sword. To house Sublifort, he gave the task of diplomacy, entrusting them as ambassadors and representatives of Iyesgarth. He stated, though, that Iyesgarth would value nationalism and its own might, never making itself a slave to another through dependence. To House Graykeeper and Bécharil, he gave the law and its enforcement, placing justice and order within their hands.

Finally, to Algernon and House Chavanne, he gave a vision. Ozias, though efficient, was not merely a peacemaker amongst the founding fathers of Iyesgarth. He was a visionary, an oracle for the advancement of mankind. In his ambition, he saw the ability to transcend the realms and reach the gods, and it was that vision that he shared with Algernon, entrusting him with the pursuit of knowledge necessary to accomplish that.

Under Ozias' leadership and guidance, the council thrived, and Iyesgarth along with it, till it became what it is today. House Vimont remains the most esteemed of the noble houses, and each house carries its legacy within the council.

BlueXBlood BlueXBlood Hi!!! Love this! Do I have your consent to copy/paste your post onto the lore page?

Forest of Umbrä View attachment 1152058
This part of Kirlia's northeastern region is ruled by Baron Khomorith on paper but practically the forest and the surrounding areas are no man's lands, mainly because it's useless in both economic (except the wood) and strategic fields. In the past decades and century much tried to gain control over the forest but firstly it wasn't worth the energy and secondly, similar to the local belief, the Forest of Ubrä seemed to have a mind of its own. The pine forest were growing and expanding further with each year, looming over the few small villages in the area with a silent threat.
View attachment 1152060
The village Jack'aal was born in, called Rešava is just like the other five villages. The Ubrä started to surround and take over the old wooden buildings slowly. The population of the villages can be diverse but the villagers are usually humans, elves and halflings. The villagers are withdrawn, tough and hostile against everything or everyone new. They are skilled hunters and move with experienced grace within the woods, hunting for their daily meal.

However, being superstitious they don't dare to delve to deeply into the forest. To be fair they have no reason; the deeper parts of the Forest of Umbrä are lacking of rich wildlife since the vegetation gets thicker, blocking the beams of the sun to peek in and light the long forgotten ruins and whatever lurks under those silent trees.

(Tell me what you think, I'm open for discussion if this location would ruin your plans of your own location or just the overall picture of Kirlia.)
escapist escapist Omg could Umbra and Lost Pines be connected since they're next to eachother. Or were you picturing them more as two completely separate forests? Also Are you good with me copy/pasting this on the lore page?

What is Darkmire?:
Darkmire is a barony in the Kingdom of Braethia ruled by the Illmont Family. Due to it's recent victory in the struggle against Westvale, it has gained substantially more power and territory than it previously had; however, it's still only a moderately powerful barony in the eyes of the King, Lionel Bowstrum.

What kind of Governmental System does Darkmire follow?:

Darkmire, moreover, The Kingdom of Braethia-- follows the idea of feudal peerage where the ranking of nobility is as such (in order of political power)-

1. Dukes
  2. Marquesses
  3. Earls
  4. Viscounts
  5. Barons
  6. Life Peerages (Knights)
Above them, of course, rules the King of Braethia to whom all noblemen and women swear to as their liege lord in one way or another. The King keeps a feudal council comprised of the most powerful vassals (sworn lords under him) in order to run the Kingdom based on the strengths of the lands under their control.

What types of creatures reside in Darkmire?:
Darkmire contains a darkness within its wilds that not even thousands of settlers could quell. Every day, villagers are lost to the monsters lurking beneath the murky waters in the swamps that inhabit much of the region: alligators, giant snakes, swamp krakens (lesser krakens-- weakened by time away from the ocean, capable only of capsizing small fishing vessels), water hags, razor fish (piranha-like creatures), and there is even rumor that if someone is to drown in the water that they come back as a muck-slick corpse hungry to drag the living to join them amongst their watery grave.

What is the terrain in Darkmire?:
Darkmire is a land of swamps and forests of trees held over the tops of water by mazes of tangled roots; outside of what they took from Westvale, hardly any land is good for growing and instead Darkmire relies heavily on imports from outside areas and an active fishing community-- at least those ships brave enough to challenge the Swamps of Darkmire. Gases under the swamp provide a constant, sickly green overcast that suspends the land in a near-perpetual night while the water itself keeps humidity at a choking high. Villages are force to be erected on stands and floating planks as even the grass can hollow underneath-- suddenly giving way to a dark, sudden plunge.

What can you find in Darkmire?:
Darkmire is best known for its seafood due to its popularity among niche dining circles and the fervor by which the locals swear by its gamey, swampy taste. The Swamps of Darkmire-- in their continued unpredictability, are also home to bones sunken beneath the water and buried on the grime; hidden and hardened, these bones have steel-like resistance while being similarly hollowed and light-- perfect for armor on both people and ships.

Villages are superstitious, quiet places filled with those folk who only seek to make their living and then return home-- lanterns and light snuffed before what would be night comes to darken even the eternal black they endure as part of everyday life. Often, new expeditions into the heart of Darkmire yield only temporary holds on the wild that are reduced to ruins seen again only by the wandering fisherman or the most desperate of brigands.

Who Rules in Darkmire?:

Darkmire has been under the control of the Illmont family for centuries as they are one of its oldest dynasties and The Swamps one of its most timeless endeavors. Originally, the Illmont family was a family of noble merchants who made their wealth as stewards for the Kingdom. However, interest in the swamps seemed to pull them away from their duties to the crown, and after being released from the council much of their previous riches have been poured into developing and exploring the swamps-- keeping whatever they find inside a secret known only to the now-reclusive Illmont nobles.

Relations within The Kingdom:

• Westvale - Hostile
  • House Bowstrum - Neutral
You good with me copy/pasting this? And also possibly adding a tiny bit of code to just include the pictures into the text more?

Couple questions:
  1. Where is this located? North/East/South/West etc... look at the lore page to pick where you want this to be.
  2. Am i understanding correctly that anyone that goes in/lives there aren't likely to be hostile to a specific race/culture as long as the person is smart enough to navigate around these parts?
  3. Do I have your consent to add a tiny bit of code to just move the pictures you gave around and blend them in to your text a bit more?

BlueXBlood BlueXBlood Hi!!! Love this! Do I have your consent to copy/paste your post onto the lore page?

escapist escapist Omg could Umbra and Lost Pines be connected since they're next to eachother. Or were you picturing them more as two completely separate forests? Also Are you good with me copy/pasting this on the lore page?

You good with me copy/pasting this? And also possibly adding a tiny bit of code to just include the pictures into the text more?
For sure!!

omg I'm sorry I'm getting overwhelmed with trying to catch up T.T
I haven't read everything yet, but since we're like what 15 players now? Are you guys ok with me closing this RP to more players for now? I am honestly not sure I can manage any more than how many we have for now I'm sorry. (Give this post a cookie if you agree with closing this to new players for now)

Couple questions:

Go for it.

_ChickenWithTeeth_ _ChickenWithTeeth_

-Location: I was thinking this village would be in the south. I tried to set it up in a direction that didn't have much going on yet.

-Am i understanding correctly that anyone that goes in/lives there aren't likely to be hostile to a specific race/culture as long as the person is smart enough to navigate around these parts?

You got it! As long as a character can manage to blend in a bit you wont get looted 😆

-Do I have your consent to add a tiny bit of code to just move the pictures you gave around and blend them in to your text a bit more?

Totally! You can adjust it however you need.

_ChickenWithTeeth_ _ChickenWithTeeth_ Umbrä and the Lost Pines can be connected, but only if the unicors are ready defend their home from the slowly approaching, unfathomable corruption of Umbä and optionally face whatever things lurk in it hehe...
Also you have my permission to copy and post it<3

lnxuJgf.jpeg

The Order of Seekers

Kirlia is an ancient land. Swaths of knowledge and history have been lost to the ages, swallowed whole by time's endless march. The Order of Seekers teeters on the edge of this oblivion. Once a fellowship of prestige, purpose, and meaning, the Order has since degraded into a shadow of its former self; a loose band of thieves, mad scholars, and foolhardy adventurers barely aware of their lodge's former oaths and purpose, and how they saved the realm several times over.

• Kirlia was once home to many arcane and mystic relics. Some scholars say that these artifacts were shards of creation from when the world was made by the gods. Others postulate they were fragments of pure magic, condensed down into the purest form. Whatever the case may be, these mystical artifacts contained immense power, so much so that they presented a danger to the realm should they fall into the wrong hands.

One such artifact, rumored to be a celestial shard, was used in a battle ages ago. The warring people's names have long been forgotten, but not the result. The shard destroyed an entire continent to the east, now known as Axasterke, reducing what was one a lush and vibrant country into a blasted desert of black sand and spires of ebony glass. After this apocalyptic misuse of power, the rulers of the realm convened to ensure that never again would such a relic be used to cause such death and destruction. Thus, The Order of Seekers was founded.

YH7zcp2.jpeg

Axasterke post-destruction

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back