• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Aegis: Error 508

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
current Director of Commonwealth, for this roleplay, is a man.
Ohh, a bit of a change up!
Is Chernov retired this time around or are they kicking about still? Remember.you saying something about that

Hello Welian, thank you for the ping to alert and apologies for this late response as I had been away. I will have to take a step back from this one as I do not think I have mental capacity to handle an additonal rp sign up. I wish all the luck to this game.
I appreciate you letting me know! The invitation stands if your schedule happens to change in the future.

Ohh, a bit of a change up!
Is Chernov retired this time around or are they kicking about still? Remember.you saying something about that
She retired - a couple years earlier than anticipated due to injuries sustained in the prior RP, but the new guy is nice enough. A bit boring, but I didn't want to waste an interesting bio on an NPC that's not going to be showing up in person much.

Stingray

Name: Manami Hamasaki​
Power: Aquatic bioform modified as a weapon​
Limiter: Damaged class 4 tracking chip​

Ethnic Heritage
Japanese​
Hair
None​
Eyes
Black​
Height
5' 4" or 8' 3" depending on mood​
Figure
Lithe and lean (125 pounds) OR: Massive and Muscular (450 pounds)​
Notes
Blue scaly skin, flattened nose, nictitating membrane over eyes, gill slits below ears, webbed digits, needle like teeth, brow ridge and other fins. When her weapon programming is engaged she increases over 50% in height and nearly quadruples her muscle mass.​
Personality
Self Sacrificing

This may flow partly from her conditioning leaving her with few intrinsic goals other than to obey, but irrespective of the genesis of her disposition, Manami could hardly be more selfless. It is not that she will go out of her way to help a friend in need. She will drop everything to help anyone of good will with anything at all.​
Disciplined
Her tendency to subsume her aims for others would almost be crippling except for her single mindedness of purpose once she has set about to complete a task. If you could get her distracted, you could probably redirect her to a different task just by asking, but distracting her once she is engaged is no mean feat.​
Hard Boiled

There was a time when Manami would put up with almost anything other than a physical threat to her friends, and then would completely lose her cool. Nowadays she is far colder and more calculating. It has been years since she has had a high stress incident, but if anything she is more deadly than ever before​
Darkened Soul
While still fiercely loyal to her friends, and deeply believing in the fundamental goodness of humanity, Manami's formerly sunny disposition is gone now. Where once she feared her inner demon, now she embraces this part of her that was designed to be a weapon. She is a weapon now. But she is no longer anyone's tool. She serves her own aims.​
Biography
History

Over a decade ago, Manami escaped from a black site research lab, just off shore from one of the tiny islands in the Ryukyu chain, somewhere between Kyushu and Okinawa. It remains unclear who was behind the experiments, but there have been rumors in the intelligence community of a secret society of unreformed imperialists dating all the way back to World War II. If they are real, they would certainly fit the bill. Whoever they are, tinkering with low level supers to turn them into weapons seems to be their speciality. Manami remembers at least a dozen other prisoners at the site, most of whom died horribly when put through the 'processing' program.​
While she was not the only super they modified, she was by far the most successful for their purposes. At the beginning of their experiments, she had been a much more typical D rank: a little stronger than human, with wrist stingers, and a slightly alien appearance along with the ability to breathe under water. Once they were through, her mutations had become far more obvious as well as significantly more deadly. Best of all, she responded quite well to behavioral conditioning, up until the incident that led to her escape. During the battle, her limiter chip was damaged and its tracking function is offline. The limiting function was also damaged, but works well enough as long as she stays dry and remains calm.​
After her escape she was discovered by a fisherman and his wife who informally adopted her. They fled to America to try to get away from the agents chasing them, but were forced to continue their flight southward, skirting the western coast of the Americas. Eventually they arrived in Baltimore and signed her up at the infamous facility 108 for training. On the day of her graduation anti super terrorists attacked the facility injuring hundreds and killing dozens, including Manami's adopted parents.​
For the last five years, she has been putting her life back together piece by piece, working for commonwealth to thoroughly destroy what remains of the knights of raguel and to ensure no other terrorist organizations ever gain a foothold in her adopted city every again.​
Relationships
  • Scarlett Chernov: Former director of commonwealth who gave Manami her first job five years ago.
  • Aaron Mallory: Friend and mentor from 108
  • Allen McNabb: Kindly old man who taught emotional composure at 108 in his own inimitable way.
  • Red Ward: 108's Personal combat instructor, a man who did more to help Manami regain her emotional balance than he realizes. He also set her up with a place to stay after her family's boat burned and sank. He is as close to a parental figure as she will allow herself to have anymore
  • Kendi-kun: A fellow graduate of AEGIS class of 2040 and her first friend in America. They shared many adventures together, both canonically and... less so.
  • Chris Kravitz: Another fellow graduate
  • Sam Casan: Another student in Manami's graduating class, also part of the alleged "snowglobe" incident.
  • Miia Makela: A dropout from facility 107 who seems to think Manami is her best friend
  • Gavin: A friend who designs suits and equipment for supers
Superpowers
Codename: Stingray!
Manami can breathe underwater and swim incredibly fast, up to 100mph naturally, and topping out at 300mph in her anti-drag suit. She has eight inch retractable stingers in the backs of her wrists with barbed ends and razor sharp edges. They can shoot out about 8 feet on muscular whiplike appendages, and deliver a potent neurotoxin into any flesh they penetrate.​
Bioweapon Mode: When angered or threatened, especially while underwater, Manami has flashbacks to her early conditioning, causing her body mass and strength to increase dramatically, but never reach full potential except underwater. Normally, on land she is capable of lifting a medium sized car, and can punch through reinforced concrete walls. When angered however, she can toss that car several hundred yards, and can tear through a tank’s armor like paper. Underwater, her capabilities become truly terrifying. Manami has wrestled with cryptids the size of aircraft carriers and brought them to heel, and fought S rank terrorists to a standstill. She has rescued bathyscapes from the challenger deep and once single handedly sunk a pirate flotilla larger than some nation’s navies.​
Limitations

Animal Savage fury:When she shifts fully to bioweapon mode, Manami's intelligence and will are both reduced to subhuman levels, and she acts on pure instinct.

Limiter kicks in hard:
When reverting to docile mode after an incident, the shock knocks her unconscious for anything from 2 minutes up to 24 hours depending on how long she was in her savage state, and how much effort she made. Regardless of those factors, she is always ravenously hungry when she wakes up.
  • Not her best on land: like many aquatic creatures, Manami is awkward on land, suffering reduced agility and reduced cognitive capacity. This effect is largely but not entirely negated by use of a specialized aqualung
  • Worst of both worlds:
    She gets sick if she does not spend at least an hour exercising in the water each day; eventually she would dry out and die. Contrariwise, the longer she spends in the water, the less connection she feels to her life above the waves.
  • Monstrous appearance:
    Even when her programming is not actively twisting her into a monster, by normal human standards, she still looks like one, and is often treated as such.
Other Abilities
Skills
Bilingual: Manami is fluent in both English and Japanese​
Martial Arts: Trained by her parents, Red Ward, and Chris Kravitz, Manami is a formidable fighter​
Loadout
Aqualung: A sleek new gill moistener designed by her friend Gavin keeps her head in the game while on land without getting in her way.​
Hydrophobic slipstream anti cavitation suit. Also designed by Gavin, this allows Manami to triple her top speed underwater, though she does not improve her turning capabilities, which makes this very dangerous for anything other than long distance travel.​

Last edited:
I'm a little woozy at the moment. But, thankfully, it did allow me to be able to understand some parts of thermodynamics and be able to implement it into Mako's superpower. I'll be sure to revise any grammar or spelling mistakes when I'm able but here is a draft of an updated power list for Mako.
Also, her final cs will be updated for her to have a power limiter.

Main Power
Mako’s primary power is stamina draining. She is able to drain the stamina out of any living lifeform. This is done through a string-like substance that is projected through her hand, allowing for her to drain targets up close through touch or within a distance. The power is most effective against targets that are more physically trained than she is, hence bigger, athletic people. Those affected will feel themself fatigued, building overtime until they are rendered unconscious through the fatigue or failure to defend against physical attacks due to their current physical state.

Supporting Power A
Through Mako’s own stamina, she is able to replenish her allies as she reverses the effects of draining onto herself. This is done by the same linking mechanism on an ally. The effects take place at a rather moderate pace. If she has an excess of stamina built up through healing, she may potentially heal an ally rather quickly. However, if done through her own stamina, it is done so at a moderate pace. The lack of stamina will affect the time it takes to be fully healed. If someone is fatigued to the point they are on the verge of being rendered unconscious, they will take more time to be at a moderate fighting position compared to someone who is not as fatigued as they are.

Limitations

Limitation 1: Mako’s healing is based on her own stamina as she restores others from her own pool, draining her when healing abilities are in use. She is forced to switch to an offensive as the effectiveness of her healing and her own strength will be hindered over time, even rendering her unconscious if overused without replenishing through her draining abilities.

Limitation 2: The stamina that Mako drains acts as energy. As energy cannot be destroyed, so does the stamina that Mako drains out of enemies. In order to counteract this, healing is used to keep herself in a balanced state. Draining too much out of a target without exerting it through healing will be a burden to Mako, releasing itself and potentially rendering Mako unconscious if her body cannot handle the excess. The same effect can take place on an ally if she overheals them. Her power limiter will counteract this to ensure she does not go overboard but will hinder her healing effectiveness.

Limitation 3: Siphoning can occur within a range of 15 meters. Siphoning abilities take place through a string that links her and a target. A target stepping outside of the 15 meter range will force a disconnection. With it being visible as well, the target can simply rip it out or evade it.

^That’s very cool. I would suggest one additional limitation to reflect the balance idea and also the thermodynamic analogy regarding the motion of energy: The more stamina drained from a target the more the effort required to continue the drain increases.

That would mean that while it is possible to knock out a target in this way it would require sustained effort to do so and might even be painful. It would be most efficient to drain someone when you are already mostly drained or to drain someone while simultaneously boosting someone else.

Questions: can you do multiple targets at once or only one at a time? Does healing also require a string? Is the string stored in your body, or formed anew by willpower with each use of the power? Can you form multiple strings?

Sorry; rereading saw the “same linking mechanism” language. So scratch second question. In my defense, I am still waking up…. Could I get a stamina boost over here? 😁

Another thing occurs to me on second reading. As the description goes on there is some mission creep from stamina, to “healing” I feel like that should be clarified a bit? Can you heal actual wounds, or just boost energy production? You tend to feel tired, I am told, while bleeding out, but boosting energy production would not stop the bleeding. So can you fix actual tissue damage, or just boost mitochondrial energy production or something? My read on the overall feel of the power is that it neither causes nor fixes actual damage, but then it ought to be described as a boost in energy rather than healing per se. That can still be very useful though! Say a super strong character is holding up a bridge while civilians escaped and starting to get muscle shakes from fatigue? Disaster looms until you boost them up to hold out a bit longer! So I would avoid calling it “healing” to stay on mission. (Though wound transferral is a power we have done in AEGISverse before, if you would rather include both. Just be explicit about that)

I would also suggest you should have two strings; one for each hand, allowing you to act as a conduit, boosting one while draining another simultaneously, or even maybe double boosting or draining rate by using both strings on one target.

Finally, I realized that I have neither replied, nor tagged you, nor introduced myself. Just sorta started writing. Apologies; I get a bit excitable when there is a connection to physics and it is a cool power concept! I go by gus in these parts, Karl IRL, and I was part of the character committee in the good old bad old days of facility 108. Now I am just gus, and have no authority to speak of, but for me, I think that seems a pretty cool power, if I am understanding it right?

Anyway: tag!
mrkravs mrkravs

Whipped up a quick portrait for Petra, which has been added to her CS, so that should all be good to go.
1665319731821.png

Decide to have a crack at the questions as well~

What brings them to the island raid? Are they working on behalf of Commonwealth? Do they work/live on Matron's island? Did they get shipwrecked on the wrong spot?
I imagine Petra kind of leaned on her handler or some contact at the commonwealth to put her name out there for whatever missions or what have you might give her a chance to raise her profile as a blue card holder.

What's your characters zodiac sign? And how much stock do they put into astrology?

Refuses to learn out of principle, insulted that you asked, definitely has some edgy atheist joke answer prepped like "flying spaghetti monster" or "horologium"

When your character was last sick with a cold or flu, what did they do to make themselves feel better?

Petra gets sick all the time and just ignores it and continues working through nights and binging on energy drinks, she's probably still sick right now.

What was your character's favorite subject in grade school, and what color did they make their History folder?

"Folders? What is this the 1800's? I just had everything on my PC" Science though obviously.

Do you have a voice claim for your character? A celebrity or character whose voice who think of when you write your character's dialogue?

Nah, just feel it out from her dialogue.

Sorry; rereading saw the “same linking mechanism” language. So scratch second question. In my defense, I am still waking up…. Could I get a stamina boost over here? 😁

Another thing occurs to me on second reading. As the description goes on there is some mission creep from stamina, to “healing” I feel like that should be clarified a bit? Can you heal actual wounds, or just boost energy production? You tend to feel tired, I am told, while bleeding out, but boosting energy production would not stop the bleeding. So can you fix actual tissue damage, or just boost mitochondrial energy production or something? My read on the overall feel of the power is that it neither causes nor fixes actual damage, but then it ought to be described as a boost in energy rather than healing per se. That can still be very useful though! Say a super strong character is holding up a bridge while civilians escaped and starting to get muscle shakes from fatigue? Disaster looms until you boost them up to hold out a bit longer! So I would avoid calling it “healing” to stay on mission. (Though wound transferral is a power we have done in AEGISverse before, if you would rather include both. Just be explicit about that)

I would also suggest you should have two strings; one for each hand, allowing you to act as a conduit, boosting one while draining another simultaneously, or even maybe double boosting or draining rate by using both strings on one target.

Finally, I realized that I have neither replied, nor tagged you, nor introduced myself. Just sorta started writing. Apologies; I get a bit excitable when there is a connection to physics and it is a cool power concept! I go by gus in these parts, Karl IRL, and I was part of the character committee in the good old bad old days of facility 108. Now I am just gus, and have no authority to speak of, but for me, I think that seems a pretty cool power, if I am understanding it right?

Anyway: tag!
mrkravs mrkravs
Thanks for the comments. You know, I was kind of thinking of allowing her to be able to heal non-fatal wounds. Though, say if someone were to have a broken leg, she could potentially heal that but it won't heal correctly.
Though, I think I'll stick to the idea of an energy boost that you mentioned. I'll go through another revision tonight when I wake up and get over this headache I have.

Alright, here's the updated Des Romero. Going by 'Fracture' this time around, because 'Bones' sounded super freaking generic. :V

FRACTURE

Name: Desmond Riley Romero​
Power(s): Osteokinesis/​
Regenerative Healing Factor​
Limiter: Inactive, Level 2​
Appearance

Race
Mixed - American born

Hair
Black, salt and pepper

Eyes
Dark gray/green

Height
6'7" and some change

Figure
Large, athletically muscular. Not a body builder by any means, but very easy to see he keeps in shape depending on his choice in clothing.

Notes
Has a number of tattoos, many faded, thick lines and minimalist shapes. Multiple scars, most of which are on his arms and legs, from experimentation with his powers and while his inherit healing factor was still developing.

Personality

Fatherly
Kind, courageous, and strong of will are terms often used to describe the man in most circumstances. His gruff demeanor is offset by a genuinely caring personality, and people tend to gravitate toward it once they see this side of him. While stern and serious at times, this brusque nature is mostly used as a tool of encouragement, rather than as simple hostility. Des' usual manner with most is generally reserved, but once getting to know them, he'd give the shirt off his back if it were needed - for ultimately, he is a staunch protector of those he believes need it, ready and willing to step in the face of danger to protect those that can't protect themselves.

Bullheaded
When an idea gets into his head, it is often difficult to sway him. Stubborn and determined to a fault, Desmond's no stranger to speaking his mind and sticking to his principles, even if they clash with the views of others.

Close to the Vest
When problems arise and things get tough, Des tends to internalize things and keep them from having an effect on his mood and reasoning. He deals with trauma and conflicts alone, rarely sharing what is bothering him with anyone. This can be positive in public or sensitive situations, but ultimately detrimental to his mental health.

Stark Realist
Though living in a world where astounding things are possible, Desmond is well grounded in reality. Where some hold their heads up high in every situation, Des keeps himself from getting lost in the fantastical, and keeps his solutions in the realm of reality. This comes off as pessimistic at times, even cold, despite his caring attitude and demeanor. Sometimes it's hard to see the hope in things, when so much of the world can be without it.

Biography

History
Desmond Riley Romero was born in Spokane, Washington, to a father in the aerospace industry and a mother in military defense. He was large, even as a child, and it lead to trouble in school. Between children trying to 'prove' something by taking him on, and teachers trying to convince him not to fight back because he could 'hurt someone', he grew withdrawn in quiet moments and kept mainly to himself. He had few friends - mostly acquaintances - until college, where he came into his own and learned to accept himself and be accepted by others.

Despite his size and most people assuming he was just 'big and dumb', Desmond followed his parents lead and took quickly to learning, taking in all of the knowledge he could to follow in his father's footsteps. He started off in aerospace maintenance and repair. Finding that he loved working in a more hands on position, he stuck with it and climbed the ranks. It would never make him wealthy, but it suited him just fine, even leading to meeting the woman that would become his wife.

The two dated for only a few years before marrying and having their only child. The marriage was solid for a long time, but ended after their daughter Seraphina turned eighteen and had moved out of the house. Both he and his wife were married more to their work than each other, and the relationship had simply dissolved over time. A fairly normal life in America, nothing out of sorts, until a near-fatal crash turned everything around in an instant.

Driving home from work one evening, the rain had been coming down in sheets. Desmond was distracted, a fight with his ex-wife over their daughter's college loans, and a reckless driver that passed just a little too close to safely avoid. He braked hard and the car hydroplaned, losing control and crashing through a flimsy guardrail. It careened down an embankment, finally landing on its top at the very bottom. There wasn't much left of the vehicle, shouldn't have been much left of its passenger.

When he awoke from the coma in the hospital, he was greeting by government officials instead of doctors, asking him all sorts of questions about abilities Desmond was entirely unaware of. When the car had been found, the majority of it had been encased in layers upon layers of bone. It took hours to free him from the 'bone cocoon' that had formed, and in that time his injuries had begun to knit back together on their own.

The next few years seemed to go by in a blur. Des was fitted with a power limiter, given a ranking, and started to learn more about his newfound powers. When he figured he had learned all that he could on his own, he sought out places that could teach him better control. Over the next decade, he was able to use his abilities for the 'greater good'. Not only to help in ways that used his powers offensively and defensively, but also to teach and mentor. He became a hired speaker for those who had discovered their powers later in life, a substitute teacher for The Commonwealth when needed. His old job considered him a liability, so he did what he could to make the best of a bad situation and formed a new career path.

His family did their best to understand, but relationships became strained and he did what he knew; threw himself into his new work and did what he could to mend what was broken. In one way or another, he would become someone better. Whether that meant standing in the face of danger, or simply helping the next generation of powered individuals accept the changes that had been dropped at their feet.

Desmond would do whatever it took to fix things, so that his daughter and grandchild would stop seeing him something to be feared, and start to see him as others did.

As a hero.

Relationships
Emilia Romero-Harding:

Desmond's ex-wife. They remain mostly civil, despite the relationship ending in a messy divorce. They still keep in strained contact, mainly regarding their child and grandchild.

Seraphina Romero:
Desmond's daughter. They have always been close, but after the accident and discovery of his powers, the relationship has been distant at best. A year after his accident, she admitted his abilities scare her, and insists that her daughter (see next entry) is not safe around him due to his line of work.

Kylie Romero:
Des' granddaughter. Hardly knows her grandfather at the insistence of her mother. Desmond would do anything to change this.

Imogen Jarsdel:
An acquaintance that Desmond has run into a few times over the years, most notably in the shared group sessions for powered people with regenerative abilities. They got on better than Des had expected, given some of their shared experiences and viewpoints. She was quiet, much like himself, but easy to talk to about shared woes and achievements.

Dr. Juan Matias Santos:
A psychologist that Des began going to for his psychological assessments after meeting him in group sessions. Though he's got nothing against the man, Desmond isn't always the best at following through about seeing him regularly, opting instead to only be seen for the aforementioned routine check-ins.

Superpowers

Osteokinesis
Bone manipulation and creation. Desmond can generate, move, control, and interact with his own bones. This includes, but is not limited to, creating bones for use as weapons or shields, growing back missing or broken bones, shaping his own bones to his will, or manipulating their density. This includes crafting exoskeletal armor and other protective constructs around his person. These bones can be further manipulated when disconnected from his body, and he can destroy them whenever necessary.

Supporting Power A - Regenerative Healing Factor
Allows Desmond to heal from smaller injuries, barring those that would kill him immediately. Using his ability normally, this allows the tears of flesh to repair themselves to stop him from bleeding out on use. This can extend to full limb and organ regrowth over a long period of time (weeks/months) depending on the severity of the injuries, quickened only with the aid of his Osseous Safeguard (see below). Doctors have theorized that bones being the source of stem cells are the reason for this ability.

Supporting Power B - Osseous Safeguard
When pushed to the limits of his healing factor or close to death, Desmond's powers will try and protect him as best as they can. Rendering him unconscious, his osteokinesis goes into overdrive and forms layers of protective bone around him, encasing him and pushing his healing factor to its limits in order save his life.

Limitations
What Doesn't Kill You...
: Despite his healing factor, each time Desmond grows a new bone or manipulates existing bones, it's very painful. Especially when piercing his skin, there is always the risk of blood loss and shock. Though able to manipulate bone, he cannot manipulate flesh. Extended transformations of bones, or creation that pushes the limits of his flesh can quickly override his healing factor. Overuse of his powers in a short time can be crippling, or even deadly if pushed too far. Example: changing his entire bone structure to that of a larger creature would not change his body to match, it would simply tear from the skin and likely kill him.

Fun is Fun, but Done is Done: Despite having regenerative powers, they are not as advanced as other individuals with those abilities. Desmond can still be killed by things like the destruction of essential organs, suffocation, drowning, or decapitation. His healing factor takes time, and the more damage he takes in a short time, the longer it will take to fully recover. This includes the use of his Osteokinetic abilities. He can only heal so far, as long as his major organs are functional enough to allow him to survive long enough for regeneration to complete.

But Weight, There's More or Metahuman Shield: When using larger constructs (exoskeletal armor) or greatly altering the density of his bones, the very weight of it can slow him to a crawl. If increased too much, or generating too much bone mass, the process can render Desmond entirely immobile - albeit likely well protected.

The Bigger They Are...: Des is a large man to begin with, and certain limitations come with being heavy and tall. When shifting the density of his bones or using heavy constructs of weapon or armor, he must be wary of his surroundings. A misplaced step could send him through structures, crush concrete. If thrown in water, he could sink immediately depending on his bone density. Balance can also be an issue with a large enough strike against him toppling him over and rendering him temporarily immobile.

Other Abilities

Skills
Roll for Charisma:

In spite of his general quietness and collected demeanor, Desmond has no problem carrying a conversation. Easy to talk to and get along with, he's honed these abilities even further with teaching and professional speaking gigs. He's as much at home leading a presentation for a packed boardroom as he is on the frontlines of combat. This makes it a bit easier to get information out of people when he needs it, and most people leave interactions with him having discarded their preconceived notions of the large, stern faced gentleman.

If You Can't Outplay Them, Outwork Them:
Desmond is extremely athletic; he has to be. The type to get up every morning for an early run and finish the day off with weight training, the strain of his ability has made keeping in shape a requirement. This makes it hard for him to get winded unless he's overextending his powers or really pushing himself.

The Fools Wonder, The Wise Ask:
Desmond is more intelligent than he appears, taking to knowledge like a fish to water. In his youth, he hid this aspect of himself, but in adulthood he revels in it. Where his outward appearance may suggest otherwise, the older man is well read and well spoken, often at the surprise - or chagrin - of those that assume otherwise.

Loadout
Most of what he needs in any given situation, he can create with his abilities. Though he usually carries a survivalist kit for any situation that might call for it. Basic first aid, a good knife, paracord, and a fire-starting kit. Better safe than sorry.

Augmentations
N/A

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. You know, I was kind of thinking of allowing her to be able to heal non-fatal wounds. Though, say if someone were to have a broken leg, she could potentially heal that but it won't heal correctly.
Though, I think I'll stick to the idea of an energy boost that you mentioned. I'll go through another revision tonight when I wake up and get over this headache I have.
Hope you feel better soon!

Is anyone currently writing up a fungus character, or have one already done? I just had an idea for one and will start writing it up.

mushroom fungi GIF

I'm almost done, but I'm not sure if this will be up tonight. Still working!

I actually did briefly consider a fungus power before settling on plastic, I'm just mentioning it as a point of interest though, I'm not laying any claim to it or anything.

It needs fine tuning but here we what I have so far.

Paddestoel

Name: Sofie Corbach​
Power: Fungi​
Limiter: Active, Level 3​
Appearance

Race
Dutch (Born in the Netherlands)

Hair
N/A

Eyes
N/A

Height
7'0"

Figure
120 Pounds (When submerged in water, weight increases up to ten times.)
A dense mass of fungal growth. Starting at the base, where what were once toes have elongated into phalanges with the hallux now at the heel, all of which support the full weight and are coated in a metacarpal pad. Moving to the hock, long spinally stems sprawl out like tufts of hair with visible moisture accumulating. Small pustules coat the surface between the hock and knee, with visible veins woven between the pulsating sacks. The form is mostly humanoid in shape from the thigh up to the shoulders. Though all flesh is a spongy gray hue. More spinally stems tuft out from each wrist. Fingers are elonged on each hand with nail beds coated in soil. On both shoulder and neck, Gills of what appear to be different colonies of mushrooms spread across the space. Large stems topped with flaring caps coated in purple specks protrude from her head. Facial features have been severely warped. A bulbous forehead gives way to enlarged cheeks with only slits for what once were eyes. The slits appear more as a wrinkle than what was ever home for human eyes. A small nose tip is still visible on an otherwise alien-like face. Though her mouth still remains, with lips now black as dark green thick salvia drips from the corners of her mouth, and flecks of grey matter expel with every breath.

Notes
A walking mushroom monster.
Personality

Resilient
Many have been through stressful, challenging, or even traumatic experiences. Sofie is able to manage challenges and setbacks. After such a difficult upbringing is has learned to bounce back and grow from negative experiences.

Enthusiastic
Finally being able to go out in the world, Sofie enjoys the little things. Every morning is a good morning to roll out of bed.

Simple
Sofie has not had many, if any, peer interactions. With all those she has interacted with being in an authoritative or instructor position for most of her life, she struggles with social interactions and basic nuances.

Anger Issues
Sofie struggles with anger management issues. Her therapist says she needs to work on using healthy coping mechanisms instead of resorting to rage. Sofie quickly switches to anger when a frustrating situation or pain is inflicted.

Biography

History
Sofie was born to a sweet couple in the Netherlands. They were delighted to have their first child. Sadly, the celebration was short-lived when Sofie started to show strange deformations. Her toes began to grow long. Sofie's bald head grew lumps instead of hair. The baby's drool started to hold specks of green. After a large batch of tests, the doctors concluded that she carried the 'super gene' and this was her powers.

Sofie's facial and lower leg bone structure began to warp by one-year-old. By the age of two, Sofie's flesh had begun to grow dull and gill-like growths had started on her neck. With the state of the Netherlands, her parents knew she stood no chance there. She needed specialized help to cope with whatever she was mutating into. Reaching out to the commonwealth, they pleaded for help. Luckily, their cries were answered. The only problem was it was only for her. Sofie's parents coordinated with the American agencies to meet in a boat off Zandvoort Beach.

At first, her parents worked to keep in touch. With video calls, they would try to encourage their little one. But by age five, Sofie no longer resembled their daughter. With her sight nearly lost to the new shape of her face, gray skin, green drool, and black lips, they could not even bring themselves to speak to her. It was decided it was better that her parents faded into a distant memory. Interestingly as Sofie lost her sight, the progression of her condition increased.

With sight lost, the doctors worked on various ways for Sofie to interact with the world around her. Learning brail, listening to books, and walking with a cane. Her education and medical care continued in one of the Commonwealth's many facilities. Luckily, given most of the staff was in the scientific medical research field, the facility was less affected by the 2018 staffing purge.

When puberty struck, Sofie's body evolved. First came heightened hearing, smell, and taste. With her body now maturing, she was able to see. Well, not in the traditional way. Spores spread with each breath. Her salvia became a deadly concentration of poisonous, corrosive goo. An almost inaudible rattle would pulse from her forehead. It rippled out and back, bringing details of her surroundings wherever the spores had spread. Now with a sonar-like vision, the commonwealth saw potential. Where before, they planned to give Sofie a confined but comfortable life, she was no longer helpless.

Sofie was taught how to hunt, survive in the wilds and blend in with her surroundings. During her early twenties, Sofie trained daily to hone her senses and abilities. It is only in the last few years that Sofie has been let out. Often working on intel missions and covert projects. She is never in the know enough to feel she is of any true importance but going outside is nice, not to mention the other mushrooms in the wilds sing the most beautiful songs.

Relationships
  • Other person's name: Description of your character's relationship to this person.
  • You can consolidate this list if your character knows a lot of people or has a big family or if you're lazy like me.

Superpowers

Main Power
Fungus among us. Sofie is a new breed of super fungi. She is a group of spore-producing organisms.

Supporting Power A: Heightened Senses -
An acidic, corrosive, poisonous case of sialorrhea aka hypersalivation.
Hyperacusis, extremely good hearing, with the ability to hear 65,000 Hz.
Hyperosmia, where instead of having 9 million sensory receptors like the average human Sofie has roughly 100 million along the nasal cavity. This also greatly increases her taste.
The 6th sense. The cavity within her forehead resonates at an extremely low frequency. Subsequently, she can 'see' with a sonar, picking up on the spores she exhales.

Supporting Power B: Singing Friends-
Sofie can use her sonar to see her own spores and those of the fungi family. This means she can see the vibration from molds, yeast, mushrooms, and toadstools. Given the vibrations of the varying fungi change based on their state of well-being, Sofie can understand fungi on an extremely primitive level. They also provide more visual range than simply her own spores provide. Though as Sofie stays in one place or resides in a space for a good period of time, her spores can spread, creating a clear outline of the surrounding space.

Limitations

Limitation 1: Limited sonar. Sofie's sonar only picks up on fungi. With her own spores spread through her own breath, it takes time for them to accumulate enough for her to have any sort of visual range. Just whatever you do, don't ask her to wear a mask...

Limitation 2: Slow going. With such a limited visual field with her own spores and in general with fungi not blanketing the world, Sofie must move slowly. It takes time for her to see the world around her.

Limitation 3: Monsterous form. Sofie is not blending into any crowd. Her freakish fungi form is only good at hiding when out in nature. No urban missions for her.

Limitation 4: Water Logged Sofie will absorb water quickly when submerged. Maxing out at about ten times her average body weight if submerged for over 24 hours. This causes her to be unable to move outside the water until the weight has reduced to a manageable mass.

Other Abilities

Skills
Great cook.
Awesome listener.
Can read brail.

Loadout
List the tools and gadgets your carry most often carries with them during missions.

Augmentations
None.

Lightning Bolt

Name: Julio Grajales Beil​
Power: Magnetism Manipulation​
Limiter: Active, Level 1 (Keeps him from frying devices, it's a pendant shaped like a lightning bolt attached to a chain necklace.)​
Appearance

Race
Spanish-American

Hair
White
(Power side effect, excess of free radicals/constant ionizing fields; Melatocytes die)

Eyes
Sea Green

Height
5' 9''

Figure
Around 140lbs (I'll make this nicer later)

Notes
Any other physical features worth mentioning, such as tattoos, scars, spiky or flamey bits, etc. (Extremely casual clothing and insert armor description here when I'm not annoyed at mobile bs)

Personality

Charismatic
Julio talks, a lot; Perhaps it's because he's used to it being a competition just to make himself heard with such a large family, but he definitely has a way of glueing others to what he's saying. Lively, kind and a rather entertaining story-teller, Julio is the kind of person to greet everyone in the building and make conversation about practically everything. It's advised that one stare at a clock because he could go on for hours, just draging people further in.

Light-Hearted
With Julio there's rarely an emergency. His placid and rhytimical way of speaking and moving is a calming force of it's own, always on his own pace, slow and constant. More often than not, he'll be that one guy to lay down exactly why this problem you're so pressed about isn't all that worth your stress, or at least find a positive side to it.

Aimless
Being yourself is a pretty goal and philosophy on paper, but outside of it sounds kinda... dull. Not that Julio feels like so, but there's undeniably a notable lack of ambition. It's not bad that he's gotten confortable with where life is currently, yet there's always that feeling of maybe there could be more? He has no idea of what, it's just a nagging brain bug that pops out sometimes to say hello.

Frivolous
As much as Julio tries to appear to be serious and disciplined specially towards criminals, that bit ain't really fooling anybody. The curse of average continues, in which he's cool and all but hardly makes that big of an impact on his own. Yeah sure, the charisma helps, but it can only take him so far before we got to subjects Julio isn't too sure of how to position himself. His easy-going way of life can only return a shrug and barely a real and strong opinion.

Biography

History
Born in the city of Sacramento in California, Julio's household knew no peace as he had to compete with 3 other siblings from the get-go. The youngest of the trio, yet futurely to rest in the middle, the boy felt often overlooked and compared nearly every single moment. It was hard to beat the perfect eldest, with life practically settled already, the age gap making no service to that bond. Full brother, half-brother- That didnt't matter, but how could he attract so much attention even when outside this darn house?!

Then came the twins and that sweet spot of being the cute youngest had been snatched too. Julio was average. Average height, average grades, the middle of the 'litter', average, average, average... Even the messes he got himself into out of rebellion seemed like typical boy things and easily dealt with by his extremely experienced mother. It was not fair! So he got sloppy and when that came back to bite his rear during a test that his mom would kill him for failing-!

The power the unnexpected power that came out of the stress was also...average.

For a while, Julio had given up. Maybe it was fate that he would just destroy devices by standing close to them and throwing coins for projectiles when he was bored. That was it, an average fate for a very average boy. It had taken the encouragement ans help from SASS' staff to eventually relight that flame, the longing from greatness that seemed to constantly get snatched right before his eyes. 'Be creative', no one could know him better than himself and if his heart was settled for more, then who was he to deny it?!

If average it's what he had, then you better believe Julio would be the best of average that there was!!

There were several nights of sleep lost over it, articles and more articles and then questions, but it was worth it when a glimpse of hope showed itself amongst the hidden potential his power had! A hero of the people, the fake speedster that soared through 'average'. With a firm base of operations in Los Angeles, Lightning Bolt oversees the Southwest area acting as a support to stronger supers in the region. A well-humored young man, the harshness and mild-disdain showed to his opponents couldn't be farther to the real Julio, who uses his own experience as a example of believing in oneself against all odds.

And It was good to finally let that internal light shine proudly...!

Relationships
  • Other person's name: Description of your character's relationship to this person.
  • You can consolidate this list if your character knows a lot of people or has a big family, or if you're lazy like me.
    (Stay-at-home old mom, 5 other siblings/half siblings from other dad's, Julio's own dad was one of the better ones and fatigued himself from overworking to death when Julio was still a teen. Sadly not an uncommon thing for the neighborhood. I refuse to look up names right now, fuck you)

Superpowers

Magnetism Manipulation
One half of Electromagnetism. Julio can strenghten his own magnetic aura to attract ferromagnetic objects to himself or inverse the polarity to repel them from his location instead. It's at the core something extremely simple and weak, yet he's learned to be creative with it, pulling himself to structures, hovering ever so sightly from the ground to diminish friction and even attach himself to concrete walls by using the rebars in them or metallic window frames whn they're glass buildings.
As a result, Julio manages to pass as a speedster, all by knowing how to apply what he's got in efficient and showy ways. He can also theoretically generate energy, if able to constantly change his magnetic field to induce an electrical one. Though this has rarely been put to the test.

Metal Detection: Though unable to intuitively identify them, Julio can still pinpoint their locations and track them as if a compass, though there's no way of telling what the object is for certain. He's also able to know whether it is ferromagnetic before even trying it out, though he isn't able to explain why something works or not. It's just a unconscious feeling and the only answer he can provide when asked is 'It just works!'.

Limitations

...Read the Name Again: Magnetism, only. There are not actual lightning bolts (ironic), no electrocuting, nothing one would expect an electricity super to be able to do. While the jets in his suit do help out, being without ferromagnetic items in the vicinity will greatly slow him down, rending him practically useless in natural grounds. Julio can't magnetize objects either and depends on specific types of metal.

Wall Incoming! Pole-oof! Focus. Everything requires at least some of it to work. While the hovering can be done almost second-nature at this point, his movement is more comparable to swinging than it is running, contantly thinking of 'pull' targets to practically slingshot himself from. One moment of distraction can be all it takes to lose the rhythm and end juuust a little further from a target... and into a sudden pole. Ah, the chaos of the big city.

Tug 'o War: Because Bag told me to clarify that While Julio controls the intensity of his field at will, he's in no way immune to suffering a similar effect. Bodies will attempt to 'pull' or repel him just as much, with small objects requiring softer pulls to be moved and bigger objects requiring stronger magnetic force. It is more or less stable and second-nature for items lighter or equal to his weight, but enter risky territory the larger they become; Too much effort and Julio can pass out before the task is accomplished.

Charge the Remote not the TV: While he may be able to power devices, it is in no way a efficient nor quick thing to do. The voltage is laughable, compared to a lithium battery and it will take so long that one is better off using an actual charger instead. Not to mention that by the time he's managed to charge two of those batteries he'll be tapped out, given the effort of constantly changing the field polarity to accomplish it. Might be useful for an emergency or kickstarting machines, not much beyond that.

Other Abilities

Skills
Equilibrism
: Nope, the balance didn't come with it. Julio had always been a bit of a daredevil even as a kid, but there's a difference between climbing trees and walking over elevated walls and well, actually running up a wall. Over the course of AEGIS training he's been made aware of how physics can help or dampen progress and learned to employ it to the same degree a cat (probably) can.

Creature of Concrete and Wires: Ever try predicting where certain street is going to end up based on how it looks like and what structures exist in it? Well, depending of the chaos of the urban environment to move around surely does make one more aware of it! Not just having his home town memorized like the palm of his hand, but Julio has developed a certain intuition to how cities are put together; The neighborhoods, possible shortcuts, possible dead ends- It's the kind of thing you can only understand by living so close to what makes it work, in a daily basis. People were onto something with those metaphors...

Hero of the People! More than concrete and wires, what makes a town function are obviously the people in it! The little guy the sells veggies by the road; The big CEO's in their glass palaces... While Julio's social skills may be nothing to be truly envious of, but one has to admit that he has the right amount of tact. In an instant he'll be chatting up with others as if they're old friends and leave others wondering how he did it. What a charmer.

Loadout
Just his own smartphone, which has been given a special casing that nearly emulates a Faraday cage and keeps it from completely frying while Julio is out doing hero work. Needless to say, voice commands are a life saver!

Augmentations
Fully aware of how fragile he actually is against physical hits, even if difficult to catch, Julio has sought out an armored suit if only to make sure eventually hitting a wall wouldn't be his last. It comes employed with little front and back jets to help stabilize runs on top of non-regular terrain and vertical surfaces; Plus a reservoir of high-pressured air flowing under each boot for even less friction. Everything automatically controlled by an A.I. that's linked to his phone, hence the voice comands. The whole experience can be compared to running on ice-skates, but on the tricky and wild city landscape!
The Conductor

Name: Kendrick Haywood​
Power: Toy Manipulation​
Limiter: Inactive, Level 1​
Appearance

Race
Caucasian (British)

Hair
Black
(May appear to be slightly blue, depending on the ambient illumination)

Eyes
Blue

Height
6' 4''

Figure
183.9 lbs, Athletic looking with some muscle mass. (I can expand here later too)

Notes
Always seem wearing a hat, similar to those train conductors wear. He is also known to own different colors of said hat and color-coordinate it with his clothes. (Hero costume description TBA)

Personality

Caring
As a consequence of being emotionally neglected through life, Kendrick has a tendency to bond extremely deeply with others, be it toys or people alike. Thanks to Anneliese, his first instinct is no longer to buy others with food and pleasantries; Instead, Kendrick has learned that employ his diplomacy skills for daily situations and that sometimes he's required to slow down, soften words and truly show a willingness to listen. It's a work in progress, but look at all that progress!

Well-Humored
While the people around him may have grown harsher as they grew up, Kendrick refused to follow the tide and doubled-down on his more playful side instead. If you ask him, he had already tried the adult route after all and it was very...stressful. No, he's okay embracing what it is to be himself for a change and when everyone else needs a feeling of normality and positive vibes, well, Kendrick will always have a repertoire of jokes and quips to his disposition! It starts with his codename, did you get it?

Contradictory
Kendrick's life was always like standing at a crossroads, torn between what he wanted to do and what his family expected out of him. He was raised like a mini-adult, but clinged to childhood by simply wanting to make friends and his power; Tried to please them as most as possible, yet it had never been it given the anti-super sentiment of his parents.
Now he proudly still wears the Haywood name and pins, but rarely speaks about the stranged relationship with his folks; Tries to appear at least approacheable, yet still reserved about personal matters when they come up. Even now existing in two worlds treatens to rip him apart and conciliating is truly a chore at times.

Punctilious
While he has mellowed somewhat, Kendrick still highly prizes order. It's a bit strange when paired with his more fun side, but he manages to do both quite well. He has a schedule and toy rotation system, caring a lot about punctuality, manners and one's dedication to things. Kendrick tends to go overboard when faced with disorganization, lack of foresight and the poor effort of others, bordering annoying with his complaints and simply pedantic at extremes. He is from a rich family after all, old habits die hard.

Biography

History
When he was thirteen, Kendrick was enrolled in AEGIS by his parents, first, without him being consulted at all, but he has grown to enjoy the little moment of freedom and non-surveillance when he goes to class. As events progressed and Kendrick saw himself constantly torn between what he wanted and what his parents wanted out of him, the Haywood boy was forced to sever any and all contact with his anti-super family, reaching the point of acceptance over the love he was never given and moving in with Anneliese, 108's counsellor, continuing to help around the facility even past his graduation, albeit not being officially a Teacher Assistant in the paper, unlike Manami his best friend.

Relationships
  • (Fuck me, I did not make this easy, dangit past me! Manami is his best friend and Anneliese is like an adoptive mother and they remain neighbors even now. He's a Haywood merely by name, and maybe then something good can finally come out of it. Missing Isabelle, to who he has never stopped wanting to apologize to.)

Superpowers

Toy Manipulation
The ability to control toys to do his bidding. Kendrick can make a toy move according to his thoughts. If he pictures Ted the teddy bear grabbing a pen, then Ted will do so accordingly. The toys under his control have enhanced strength and reflexes, so they can lift heavy objects as well as jump and run faster than a hypothetical similar-sized human would.

Vision Sharing: If he concentrates, Kendrick can momentarily see what his toy is seeing, while under control. It's very useful to spy on people. It only works with toys that actually have eyes though. The material of which toy he's using can influence in how bright and clear the image is, though it never becomes a complete blur or anything like that, it's more of an extra quirk than a nuisance.

Limitations
Need for Bonding:
Kendrick's power requires extensive bonding with the toy, loving it, naming it, getting to know it and caring for it. That leaves him only his Toy-Family; he cannot use toys he has just met.
A full bond must be at least one month old. A bond between two weeks and a month may work, but it will need more concentration than normal.

Range Limit: Kendrick can control toys that are at a maximum of 1 block (263 feet 9 inches) from him, in any direction.

Mental and Physical Strain: The maximum number of toys that he can control at once is 5, that includes any entity. So, if Kendrick was manipulating chess pieces, he would only be able to control 5 of them. Attempting to control more than 5 will cause headaches and if kept on for a very long time, brain damage. The same goes for attempting to manipulate the toy for a range larger than 1 block.
When using Vision Sharing, only one toy can be manipulated, as it takes much more concentration.
The size of the toy also matters. The bigger the toy, more concentration is needed and larger is the effort.

Is This a Toy? The definition of toy, by itself it's loose. The one to define what is a toy and what isn't is Kendrick himself, with his own convictions and experiences. As a result, his taste has been getting and more selective as he's grown up and can even be called retro as the line between toy and robot has gotten thin with the advance of technology. The most important question is whether said 'toy' can hold the immersion of his make-believe nature or not and that can be easily broken solely by the intention of the gifter, for example.
On the opposite end, objects that had been previously bonded with, such as Kefir (the metal lion decor), do not lose their status as 'toys' even if Kendrick's grown up and would not repeat the feat nowadays.

Toy's Abilities Limitations: Even with it's enhanced strength, while in influence of Kendrick's manipulation, a toy cannot carry anything heavier than 5 times it's own weight. For example, a Teddy bear would be able to carry a pillow, even two but, not a television.
As for the toy's hit strength, every hit has the strength of an average human, with a plus, depending on the material the toy is made of. For example, A teddy bear's hit, would feel similar to being punched by a person wearing cotton filled gloves. A metal miniature of a car's hit, however, would feel similar to being punched by someone wearing brass knuckles.

Locked In: When using the vision-link Kendrick's mind is so focused on the task that he is somewhat 'locked' in it. All manner of verbal communication is done by thought, which is great if you have a telepath in the room, but so much to anyone else. He is still aware of his body's surroundings, so people can communicate to him, he just won't be able to respond until the link is released...

(Mis)Communication: If instead, someone decides to tag-along with the toy he's controlling and moves away from Kendrick himself, we have a complete different story. The toy can't talk, make mouth sounds (not even sighs!) or even hear anything, thus making Kendrick's immediate world silent for the whole trip. He is left to reading body cues and communicating through mimic, whose interpretations are left to whoever he is communicating to. To make it clearer with an example, if he was outside a building and the toy was inside it, Kendrick would still be able to hear the streets and such but anything that's happening in the building, around the toy would be just like watching a television set on mute. It's preferable to either have someone stick near him to give the instructions or pick someone who's, at least, average at guessing games as a field partner.

Ping? ...... Pong: The farther a toy is from him the longer it takes for a vision-link to 'start-up'. This won't ever exceed 10 seconds, but makes keeping a conversation during the link this much more harder, not to mention extremely time-wasting. If he were to stop it to talk and then get back to it later, the toy in the field would be rendered completely immobile and 'vulnerable' during that window of time. For that reason alone, Kendrick will avoid coming back and forth through the 'connection' if the toy is longer in his sight range.

Annihilation of a Toy: Destroying a toy to the point it can no longer move, invalidates Kendrick's ability and that toy can no longer be used by him. Since Kendrick and the destroyed toy were 'connected mentally', Kendrick also feels a ping of pain (and lots of sadness) when the connection is severed.
The shattered connection won't return even if the toy is reassembled or remade with new materials, it might look the same, but it won't FEEL the same. To Kendrick, that toy has already passed away.

Other Abilities

Skills
Logical Reasoning:
Introduced to intellectual activities such as Chess at an early age, Kendrick has acquired a more logical and rational way to analyze situations, carefully raising up all of the possible actions and all of the possible outcomes to said actions. If not in a more prideful and angry mood, people can bet every decision of his has been thought about narrowly.

"The Art of Business" Before Rupert Haywood completely vanished from his son's life, he was sure to give Kendrick through lessons in the art of negotiations, also the art of manipulation to an extent. Despite the couple of 'bad' advices tangled in those lessons, some more useful things such as analyzing your partners behaviour and being always ready with plan B's no matter how certain things seem, have given Kendrick a certain stubbornness and toughness when dealing with more business-like situations. Some people might be in for a surprise, in case they let the whole teenager thing fool them.
Kendrick is also an avid user of the 'Risk x Profit' business-like trail of thought. If the risk is higher than the possible profit in a situation, that is deemed a bad move to do. However, if the opposite is true then that's probably the path he'll choose.

Making Believe: Per the whims of a neglected child and aided by his power, Kendrick can very easily slip into other people's games and delusions, naturally enough to not seem jarring, or like he's mocking the other person. While nowhere a full dissociation, there's no denying that a part of him is like a never-grown rebellious child and it makes connections with those in similar positions a lot easier than it would a skeptic stuck-up adult, as long as he doesn't go too overboard.

Toy Maintenance: Just as a parent would be worried about their kid staying away from them, Kendrick avoids having to separate himself from his toys the most as possible, taking it upon himself to do cleaning and maintainance of each ad eavery one of them. At this point, he could open the toy hospital himself as he's taken in a lot of DIY expertise, with medium-grade tools and paint and even sewing. No one else but him is allowed to handle these.

Loadout
More toys than you can count are around Kendrick on the daily. Ted, the first and most cherished, can be seen riding on his shoulder and/or following him around nearly 24/7 and Kendrick wouldn't have it any other way. He's even started making it matching outfits once he got the hang on sewing!
Kendrick has a rotation system that ensures every toy will be cared for as equally as possible in the span of the month; So please do not mind the dolls in the office, it's their 'visit your owner's work' day, they're nicer than they look. The coat of his hero costume is also internally filled with pockets and latches to bring toys with. Efficiency.8

A Brief Run-out of their Capabilities under Kendrick's Ability Influence, Separated by Type

Plushes:
Huggable, lovable, soft and as expected, not very good for damage. A plush's attack is more startling than anything and the equivalent of having someone wearing cotton filled gloves or slippers punch/kick you. However, since they're all squish and soft they make a good line of defense against close combat (unless you're dealing with cutting/piercing weapons, that's dangerous) and, oh! did I mention having a plush suddenly attack you is weird?
The bigger plushes aren't very stealthy and certainly don't blend in the background very well. Other thing to pay attention to is the amount of effort and pressure over seam intersections, specially the spots were the limbs or neck are connected to the body. Putting too much effort can cause the thread to snap and open a hole from where the stuffing cotton can fall out of. Once they lose enough stuffing to become unable to move, they 'die'.

Miniatures:
As the category suggests, these are small versions of things from reality, more specifically vehicles. There are cars, trucks, trains even airplanes and they're made of various materials, usually plastic or a metal. Some of them can shoot little projectiles that are more annoying than hurtful, depending of the size. Having one of these build momentum and crash into someone though is bound to hurt, specially if they're the metal ones. Watch your feet!
Plastic can hold out against knifes and the sort better than the plushes, but they don't stand a chance against guns or any kind strong hit. The thinner and weaker the plastic, the faster it can break. Metal can take a shot better. Granted, it might bend the surface, there's no leaving without damage, but hey! It works! ...Kinda.

Figures:
Kind of an ample category, but making contrast with miniatures, it is the portrayal of people or animals that were meant to be toys in the first place. Most figures, as well as plushes, are ideal for sharing vision with, however they're far better than their 'fluffy cousins' when it comes to stealth because they're easier to take for decoration. Really, would you ever suspect that a cute little plastic kitten on top of the shelf is actually spying on you?
By themselves, most figures are nothing but a nuisance, certainly great to plot distractions while something else is happening. Having five of these at once though, could be rather intimidating depending on the foe. These are normally made of plastic, more sturdier than the plastic toy cars are made of, but still plastic meaning they can't take much damage. One shot could be taken fairly well, but certainly not a second one. If they're made of wood though, they might have a better chance at defense.

Others:
The category of those that don't fit in (Kidding!). It goes from things that weren't supposed to be seem as toys, like Kefir the metal lion, to board games and pastime toys, like the Chess set or Spiral the Slinky.
Proficiencies and deficiencies change for every toy in this category, being able to even culminate on completely new functions.

To-do's that are not vital right now:
- Julio's font
- Costume descriptions
- Discord summaries are too summarized (Kendrick)
- Kendrick's full toy list
- Both Relationship sections

They should be both practically ready to go excluding those
I can only take so much of this at a time and RPN losing my drafts > : O

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back