• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy One Tower (Closed)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nicoli nodded, but hen hesitated. He knew she wouldn’t appreciate him hanging around, but he was genuinely curious about what she was doing. He opened his mouth to speak, but then thought better of it and walked away to give the bag to the head of the department. After he returned to Helena. He grabbed one of the nearby chairs and brought it closer to her but not too close. “What are you working on?” He asked, his gaze focused on the orb in curiosity.

Helena froze when he came back, "Shhhh." she snapped, as the root had already entered the orb, she moved it just right, she had to keep moving it as she pushed the root in more and more. It couldn't touch the waves she had patterned just right. She knew better then to allow her concentration to be divided in a spell like this.

Nicoli kept his mouth shut, but continued to watch in deep attention. He was deeply curious in what she was doing and was bursting with questions, but he knew better than to make a noise as he watched what she was doing.

She moved slowly as she adjust everything and then stopped when the root was completely in and she sighed as she stepped back, "It's done." she announced with a smile to herself. She smiled proudly, before she remembered Nicoli was there, she glanced over to him, "So, I guess this means you are going to help me get it to the team that is going to use this?"

Nicoli has his gaze on the orb and then glanced to her and smirked. “Mmhmm.” He said, nodding his head, which he now had resting in his hand, his elbow resting on his knee. “Can I ask what it is? I’d love to ask more, it was interesting to watch, but I’ll try not to annoy you. Oh and how to transport it.” He said.

Helena raised an eyebrow before she sighed, "It's a bomb." she said it like it was common sense, "This is a volatile mix of magic waves, a Yunic root and is contained in a vase mix of suppression mix that is thin layered, so a sharp movement will force the waves to hit the root and send off a chemical explosion enough to kill anyone in over a dozen hundred miles and make a crater of a whole to make the planet look like it was bitten." she stated, as both a warning and a matter of fact way. "And we move it, by being very careful. The Tower picking this up has a containment for this spell." she said, before she looked at the orb, "One of us carries it and the other guides them."

Nicoli sat up a little straighter, completely serious as he listened to what it was and how fragile it was. “Okay. I’ll carry it then, you can guide me.” He said, completely serious. This was a mission in itself and he was going to make sure he could protect her and everyone as best he could as they carried the bomb. “Tell me what I need to do.” He added as he got to his feet.

Helena looked at him as if he was a child, "You have to lift it from the lowest point and keep the waves from touching the root as you move. You have to walk slowly and we have to hurry at the same time." She stated before she sighed, before going to the or, ""What keeps them separate is thick but like I said, one sharp move and it's going to go off." She explained. "It's a special design for a reason."

Nicoli nodded has he moved to pick it up. Doing as she had said and being extremely careful. “I can walk quickly without it jostling my upper body so much that it would affect the bomb.” He said. He looked to her. “Lead the way beautiful.” He added with a smirk. He fully understood the severity of their situation, but this was how he was.

Helena glared at him, "Focus on the orb and try not to drop it." she snapped at him, before she started to lead the way. It was a long walk to the gate, and the team that was going to be using the bomb was going to be waiting for just enough time for them to get to where they had to. She knew that they had to hurry, but she wanted to take her time, because the wrong step would kill them all she had just arrived yesterday.

Nicoli smirked but followed her very carefully. His warrior training helped immensely with keeping the orb steady as they moved quickly to get to this team. He was of course curious about what kind of mission would need a bomb like this, but knew better than to ask. As they neared the gates he glanced to Helena and then back to where he was stepping.

Helena smirked when they got close and she say the only group there, still waiting. She was glad that they had made it on time, before the window closed. Jeremiah sighed as he saw them, "I wasn't sure it you would make it." he stated as he noticed Nicoli. He respected Nicoli, yes, but there was always the revelry between them, but Nicoli was usually the best at all the competitive things that they went head to head with. But that never stopped Jeremiah from challenging him.

Helena smirked, she had meet Jeremiah last night on her way to the Lab, "Sorry. It took me a little while to get the root inside." she explained.

Jeremiah nodded, as he motioned for the Science in his group to bring the container, it was a cage that opened to the side, to slide the orb in. "This is Kim, from the North Tower, they developed this cage." he explained before moving to take the cage from Nicoli, but he smirked to Helena, "You know, when I get back, we are going to have to have that dinner." he commented, just so Nicoli could hear.

Helena smirked at Jeremiah and nodded, "It'll be a good way to celebrate a good mission." she agreed.

Nicoli scowled at Jeremiah, he knew he was goading him on and was glad to have the distraction of the orb. “Careful J, I hear her betrothed is the best warrior in the tower.” He retorted. Smirking a little at him and opting to just make this a conpetition. “Of course, it’s not like she’s interested in warriors like us.” He added.

Helena rolled her eyes and Jeremiah just smirked as he took the orb, "I know all about her betrothed, a cocky brat that can't keep from charming every girl in the Tower. Pretty sure that would be the who turn off, instead of the warrior part. After all, she has dealt with one warrior close up. I will just have to make sure that she finds out the difference between us." he teased back, as he put the orb in it's place.

Helena chuckled, but said nothing, she watched them put teh orb in and sighed with relief about the safety of teh cage when teh orb was in.

Nicoli smirked, though there was something dangerous in his look. “Have fun with her all you want...just be careful of the man who takes his betrothal seriously. I’d hate to see you hurt J.” He said, taking a step back once the orb was secure. “Of course, what can he do when she doesn’t want to be any where near him?” He added with a shrug. “What else can I do to help here? If there’s nothing I have more work to do in the Herbal section of our tower.” He said.

Jeremiah looked ta him with an eyebrow raised, "And when do you work? Especially, in the Herbal sector? You normally end up training until your next mission with Julia or wondering around the tower flirting with girls." he stated, but Helena was curious herself, when and why Nicoli would be working with the Herbals, for any reason.

“Julia is with Kevin and I trained through the weights, afraid they’ll have to be repaired...again.” He showed the bruises on his hands but then shrugged. “I like to help Lillian when I can, she and Roland get busy with the kids and I figured it would be better to go to her since she forgets I am here for her. I was going to train in medical but my services were better suited in the herbal sector. I think helping out there will be a good way to use my time effectively. I’ll check with the other sectors too, but one thing at a time. What’s so wrong about wanting to learn the other trades?” He asked, smirking again, raising his own eyebrow as he looked at J.

Jeremiah eyed him, "Well, I am going to toss this bomb into the Darkness." he stated, not having a comeback for that comment but he smiled to Helena, "Thank you for all your work, in such short notice. We will be careful with it and when I come back, I'll find you, so we can have that dinner."

Helena smirked, "I will be waiting. Be safe, Jeremiah, my uncle explained this is a very dangerous mission and very important to complete."

Jeremiah nodded, as he smirked at Nicoli, "Have fun playing helper, Nic. Maybe I'll take up after you do, obviously I would last a lot longer at it then you will, I am sure."

Nicoli chuckled. “Is that a challenge J? If it is we both know how that will go.” He said, grinning a little. He didn’t mean to be mean, but his competitive side came out when he was around Jeremy and with Helena involved he felt even more competitive than before. Not that he’d admit to that.

Jeremiah smirked, stepping closer to him, and saying only loud enough for Nicoli to hear, "Maybe, but we both know that after your little mistake, Helena isn't going to really let you off so easy. You can beat me at everything else, but when it comes to her, all I have to do is make sure not to make the same mistakes you do." he said, before stepping back, "We'll have to continue this later." he turned to Helena, "I look forward to seeing you in a few days. I look forward to it." he said. He turned back to Nicoli, "I know you wish us luck, Nicoli. Don't worry, I'll be back." he winked at Nicoli, before turning to lead his team through the gate.

Helena sighed, "I guess there is nothing that changes about a Warrior, but at least some show their colors openly." she stated glancing to Nicoli, "I have work to do." she said before turning away, to head to the lab again.

Nicoli’s Hands clenched into fists at his side. He would have loved to knock Jeremiah flat on his ass, he knew he could have except for the bomb. “You know you could just call of the betrothal. You could even choose Jeremy instead. It doesn’t matter that I would want our betrothal to stay intact. Not with how displeased you are.” Nicoli said coldly as he turned to go back inside with her. He veered off from her then, walking back towards the herbal sector. He needed something to take his mind off this that wasn’t a violent solution.

Helena looked to him surprised, stopping as she watched him go and huffed, in a pout. The betrothal was not just tradition, it was a safety net for the Shadow people, it made sure they lived on and breaking it was not so lightly taken. She glared his way as he walked away, before she clicked her heels together in a sharp turn and stormed off. She knew he had to be upset that she took to Jeremiah, since they seem not to like each other, but that wasn't her fault. She never would have been in the hallway to meet Jeremiah if he hadn't lied to her and the orb was important, it wasn't her fault he was there to help deliver it. She never asked him to do anything. So, she growled with every step, Warriors were raging and pigheaded, she didn't understand how her uncle to stand them and even more, how she would ever be happy again, after she was married to one.

Nicoli returned to the herbal sector in a huff. He was still fuming, but not quite like had had been before. He tried to take a few deep calming breaths and then went and found Lillian. “Hey, show be what the things look like that you’re looking for...the seeds. I’ll help you search.” He said. That would keep his mind occupied he hoped.

Lillian smirked to him, "Then you got everything sent off?' she siad, knowing that he had to have, to be looking for most work. "Come with me." she said, as she moved towards teh dome in eth center of teh garden, there was already a pile of seeds, as they got in, Anthony rushed in and stopped when he spotted Lillian, she smirked, "No running, you know better."

"Sorry mum." he muttered, tossing a hand full of seeds with the rest before walking quickly out.

"Sarah is napping, so Roland and Anthony came to help find them." she explained a she moved o the seeds, taking on, it was tiny and looked like a yellow pod with green waves and a pink center line, going around, "They are very pretty and very dangerous. Try not to touch the tips too long, it could case a root to enter your blood stream. If you are too far out, we might not be able to help you, if that happens." she explained.

Nicoli looked to the seeds and then to Lillian. “That sounds lovely.” He said sarcastically, though a smile had spread across his lips. “So, as long as I don’t touch the top too long I’ll be just dandy. I’ve got this. Where would you like me to start looking first?” He asked her curiously, wondering if she had any sort of searching system down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back