• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy One Tower (Closed)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nicoli growled and hit the weight hard enough that it slammed against the opposite wall. He was breathing heavily as he looked over to Kevin, his frustration obvious. “Yeah well it needs to put up a little more resistance.” He said. He clenched his jaw a little. “What are you doing in here?” He asked Kevin. Not that he wasn’t happy to see his friends, he just wasn’t sure it was a good idea for Kevin to be there. He’d never felt something like this before and he wasn’t sure how to handle it or how else he’d act.

Kevin motioned to the door, Julia still watching, "I was passing with Julia and there was a lot of noise. Julia likes walking by the training arena before bed, it's an adjustment I have been working on, since we have been together." he pointed out, before he moved to the wall and leaned against it. Kevin was a Warrior, just like Julia and Nicoli, but his fighting was more for protecting then anything else. He didn't really have an anger problem, so he was always more the calm between the three of them, "Care to explain what you are here for?"

Nicoli glanced to Julia and smirked but when he returned his attention to Kevin the question made him growl a little. “Helena. I don’t get it!” He said, his frustration coming out. “She’s mad that I didn’t say anything to her the moment I found out but I wasn’t totally sure!” He said, not realizing that Kevin probably didn’t know what he was talking about. “What’s wrong with wanting to check first?! What’s wrong with wanting confirm it before getting my hopes up? I mean I was excited to learn but I didn’t want us to both think it was true and to both be excited only to find out I had been wrong. Of course she doesn’t like warriors, I probably would have been the only excited one.” He snapped.

Kevin took a moment, his eyebrow raised, before he figured out what was going on and chuckled, "You have to be joking." he said looking at Nicoli, "You are upset, because she is upset, for two different reasons." he stood up straight. "I can't say I'm an expert on the matter, given my current disconnect with my own betrothed, but maybe you both could use some pointers on each other, before you kill each other with your tempers." he pointed out as he moved to a medical ball, lifting it, he tossed it in one hand, and then caught it, "This is her, watch closely." he said, before he throw the ball, it hit the wall, cracking it slightly, "That wall is you. She was going on way and moving on with her life and then what she was being lead to ended up crashing into her." he looked at Nicoli, "They were going the same way, but instead of being on the same level, the wall took control to stop it." He smiled at Nicoli, "Maybe it's not the fact that you wanted to make sure, but that you didn't let her in on your suspicion, when she has building that trust." he pointed out, going to get the ball, "When Gail needed to know something, no matter how incomplete it was, I learned that it is best to work together from the start then to work to complete it by yourself, just to have the answers." he said, mentioning his betrothed that he left for Julia. "You could keep turning your temper against this room," he motioned around them, "Or you could do something to build up that trust again."

Nicoli sighed and plopped down onto the ground with an audible thud, though he felt nothing as he crossed his legs. “I don’t know how. Handling Eric for that mission was easy, handling others is easy, but I don’t even know how to interact with her now. It was so easy, we were getting along so well. I don’t know what to do now.” He muttered, looking to the side a little. He felt like a child, he didn’t like the feeling. He had always been quite capable of handleing a situation, not knowing what to do was throwing him off. No matter how he’d tried to taunt Helena before she stormed out of his room. He looked up to Kevin again. “I don’t know what to do to even start that. I build trust by protecting everyone on a mission, that’s all my life is. This isn’t a mission.” He said.

Kevin smiled at him, as he moved to him, "Nope. It's not a mission, it's more important then a mission and should be treated as such." he said before he sighed, moving to seat in front of Nicoli, "You I was younger, I was raised in a tower with a man that lived only to fight. He was the best at just that one thing. If the Warrior in you is the thing that she hates, maybe showing her that you have more then that one skill." he sighed, "She is a Dier, a Science and from what I understand, she is quiet the Wise. Maybe you should work on your other skills, learn beyond the sword, prove her wrong." He moved to his pocket and pulled out a quill, handing it to Nicoli, "Your mother is a Healer, your father is a Warrior and you just might be pretty good at something else. Let her see a Warrior in a different light."

Nicoli took the quill, looking at it and then to Kevin. He smirked some, it was a challenge, and he excelled at challenges. “Alright then...something new. I can do that. I mean I am good at everything.” He teased, giving Kevin a playful wink. He hopped to his feet with ease and held a hand out to Kevin, helping him to his feet and then holding the quill to him. “Want this back?” He asked, realizing he wasn’t entirely sure if he’d correctly understood the meaning behind the quill.

Kevin smirked as he got to his feet and shook his head, "Keep it. Gail gave it to me and I haven't gotten a chance to do anything with it. She didn't want it back and you might need it." he pointed out and chuckled, "Just be careful how you get into something. You don't have to be perfect at everything. You might just find that being wrong and not being able to do everything is a lot more trusting then someone that can do it all." he pointed out before passing Nicoli, towards Julia.

"And if you need a challenger, I am always open to a match." Julia added.

Kevin chuckled, "Come on, dear, we should get ready for bed."

Nicoli grinned at Julia. “You know I’m always up for a well qualified sparring partner.” He said, his words directed to both of them, though Julia tended to be more aggressive than Kevin could be. “Have a good night you two.” He added. He sighed and looked down at the quill in his hand. Neither of his parents still resides in this tower, but he knew a lot of the healers. He grew up with it and figured that would be the place to start. He wasn’t sure if it would be worth even approaching Helena until he’d started something else. No...he wouldn’t approach her yet, but he wasn’t going to let her forget he was around so easily.

Kevin smirked as he had to pull Julia from the arena, knowing that she would welcome the challenge. Julia and Nicoli had done it before, when Kevin was still betrothed to Gail and he had been fine with that, it was amusing. But at the same time it is the fire of Julia's fighting that attracted him to her and after getting to know her, he had found that watching her fight would be one of the few things that would enrage him, just the thought of how it would make him feel, made him not want to see her to fight as much as he used to.

Helena sighed, she slept in the lab, like she had said, but she left her stuff in the food hall, in her rage. Now, she had to go get it and hope that she wouldn't have to go to her 'room' to get clothes to change into. She sighed deeply as she started through the hall and hoped to not have to deal with Nicoli, she was still very upset with him and the fact that he wasn't as easy to get alone with that she had thought. She actually thought he was more then just getting the mission done, but that wasn't true. He was a Warrior that did his mission and didn't let anything get in the way and she just couldn't get over the fact at how wrong she had seen him. She just wanted to get changed and cleaned up, before going back to the lab and staying there to work.

Nicoli hadn’t been sure if he’d see Helena that evening or if she would come by her room. But he opted to try a couple different things. He’d first rushed back to their rooms, having ‘borrowed’ some pretty a harmless flowers from the greenhouse and placing them carefully on Helena’s bed. Then he’d gone back to the food hall where he found her things still, relieved that he’d gotten to them before her and not realizing that she was just behind him. He carefully gathered everything up and headed towards the labs. His hands were pretty badly bruised up from the training he’d done earlier, something her only noticed when holding her things. He sighed a little but then shook his head. He didn’t care, he was used to it by now. On his way there he nearly ran right into the very person he’d been going to. “Helena,” He said, surprised. Then quickly spoke up again before she could. “Now look, you can be angry at me still, that’s okay because what I did was wrong, I see that now. But look, just...go to your room to sleep. It’s been a long day and wouldn’t it be nice to have an actual bed to sleep on? Don’t worry, I’m not going to be in my room so you don’t have to worry about me being there. Either way I’m carrying your things to there. They can’t just sit in the lab the whole time.” He said, still watching her carefully.

Helena looked as surprised to see him and a little annoyed to find he had her stuff. She looked at him up and down, before she sighed, "The lab is fine." she said before she took her things from him and say his hands, "You should probably concern yourself with your own conditions." she snapped at him, "And I don't need your permission to be upset." she growled, before she sighed deeply, "Just like you don't need mine to act like an animal." She sighed once more before she said a little calmer, "I am going to be in my lab, until I feel like dealing with animals, and then I will go see were the sanctum in this tower is. So, if you will excuse me, I have work to get to and I am sure you can find someone to beat up." she snapped the last part, before turning away from him to leave.

Nicoli let out a frustrated sigh, but then took a deep breath to try to calm himself. He'd had many retorts to her comment about him being an animals, since she was a Dier, but thankfully thought to keep his mouth shut and not share those with her out loud. He made his way to the medical pavilion, not sure of what else to do with himself, he thought perhaps he could start training there. He knew he should get rest after the mission, but he had too much energy to try to sleep now and he knew there would be healers active at all times. Now would be as good a time as any to try to learn right? And if it wasn't right he'd move on to try something else.

It was strange to her to find Nicoli in the Med Wing, so it was natural for Shelia for her to go to him. She was the healer on duty, since the many Healer happened to be with his family after the mission he came back from, with Nicoli (I forgot his name). She smiled at Nicoli, seeing his hand, "I can look at that for you, if you like?" she suggested, motioning to his hands. "Must have been quiet a mission for you to have gotten them and not patched up earlier. But I will get you back to resting and training, in no time." she smiled at him.

Nicole glanced to his hands and smirked. “Actually these aren’t mission related, I have plenty of those though if you feel the need to take a look. Actually though...” he hesitated not sure how to phrase his question. “I wanted to observe your work. Learn and maybe be able to help out some here...or at least try. I want to learn more about the other positions in the tower and I thought this was the best place to start with my mother’s history of being a healer.” He said. Not sure if Shiela would agree or not.

Shiela looked taken aback by the request, "Oh." she said, taking a moment to possess it, "I supposed, that would make sense." she said pausing again, "Sorry, we normally don't get any Warriors that want to learn about anything but what they have been trained for. But..." she wasn't sure how to say it, "I guess, that would be okay, how much do you know about Herbs?"

Nicole smirked a little. That wasn’t a no at least. But then he gave a sheepish grin. “I know basics for healing and medicine in case something happens to our healer on a mission, but very little passed that. I may know more than the average because of my mother.” He said.

Shiela smirked at him, "Okay, then I think you better come with me." she said as she started to lead him out of the Hall. "All Healers don't really get to learn about healing, until they can master five herbs. The are rare and powerful herbs, but you have to master knowledge on all five and you have a test, which means you have to grow one. I grow a Atelliulem, it's main use it to absorb poisons and it uses them to grow. You need poison to grow it and normally poisons from other herbs are best. It is actually a powerful herb that most Healers take on missions." she informed him, "I can't help you learn to be a healer, even slightly without you understanding at least three of the five." She smirked at Nicoli, "You might not know this, but we have an Herb Garden in this tower. Not the biggest but it has the vastest collection of plants, herb and potion potential then most towers. Not many Warriors even know we have it, let alone how much danger and work it takes to keep it up."

Nicoli smirked as he listened. He was interested truly and then he smiled. “I knew we had it...I’ve never been in it.” He said. “Again I know a few herbs. Mastering them I think would be generous to my knowledge but it could be a start.” He said.

Shiela smirked as she looked ta him, nodding, "Well, there is a good place for you to learn some things, then." she assured him before looking curiously at him, "Why so curious about the other positions? Would it have to do with your betrothed being here now?"

Nicoli smirked. “Perhaps. I haven’t made a very good impression with her....and Kevin, genious he is, suggested I try familiarizing myself with more than being just a warrior. Are my motivations wrong? I mean I think I can apply anything I learn for my team and myself if need be.” He said.

Shiela smirked at him, shaking her head, "I think she shoudl feel lucky. Not many betroths care much for learning passed what the inspire to. It's sweet that you are open to it, but isn't she a Science? Shouldn't you start there? I mean, in the Garden you will find Science there too, but wouldn't it be smart to go to a Science to start with?"s he suggested before nodding, "And Kevin is pretty wise, he sometimes goes to the Garden to help the Herbals with work. He is really a nice guy, huh?"

Nicola chuckled. “He’s one of the best. I don’t know where I’d be without him.” He said, but then sighed. “I would, but she’ll be spending a lot of time in the labs, it’s what she’s familiar with and I want to be able to give her a little space while she hates me currently.” He said with another smirk. “I’ll save those for last unless she can bare me until then.” He said.

Shiela looked at him curious, "She hates you?" she asked confused, before shaking her head, "I didn't think I would have ever heard that coming from you." She chuckled, "There was never been someone that hates you, before. Especially not a female." she looked to him, before bumping his shoulder, "You might be right, but I am sure you can check on her from here." she said before they reached the door of the Garden, "Kevin comes here sometimes, so if you spot him, he can help you. But if not there is the orphan's mother, Lillian, since you brought their father back in one piece, I heard he has decided to hang out with the kids, giving her a chance to get through a few things.."

Last edited:
Nicoli smirked a little. “I can only assume somethings not right, cuz you’re right, girls never hate me.” He teased. But then he was serious as he thought about it. “I am glad he’ll be able to spend time with them. It’ll be good for all of them I think. But I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for both of them. They’ll both be of great help to me.” He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back