• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Preliminary Interest Thread

@DaughterofAthena

And the Lord said unto Elis, 'Thine struggles will be thorough, and your intellect and patience will be tried hard during your hours of studying for the Upcoming Ap World History Exam, which you will probably fail and have a panic attack over because you think you're immensely unprepared even though you are studying your ass off, you will be graced. There will be a shining bright light before you, and it will come in the form of a new, beautiful One Piece forum.'

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Also, when will we be hearing back about if our Character's have received devil fruits or not? I read it was within a week.

[/QUOTE]
It may be a bit longer for this first round of characters simply because we want to make sure we get all the applications in before we go through and draw names.

If you ask me again when the HP is up and put together, I should have a better answer.

Ok. Thanks, just wondering since I did post it a day over a week ago and it's all 'yeah, it should have happened' and I figured it was pretty hectic, and I haven't even heard from Sanji really so I assume it's all busy, busy, busy. No worries.

I have a question:

Since Gol D. Roger existed and his execution took place etc. does that mean Shanks, Silvers and Buggy exist as well since they were on his ship? What about Garp and Whitebeard, who were majory rivals to Roger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunbather said:
I have a question:
Since Gol D. Roger existed and his execution took place etc. does that mean Shanks, Silvers and Buggy exist as well since they were on his ship? What about Garp and Whitebeard, who were majory rivals to Roger?

IF
... and thats a really big if... they do exist, we will never encounter them, never mention them, and they occupy no important roles within the world. I simply do not enjoy rps that include canon characters and as such, I will never run one.

Sunbather said:
I have a question:
DaughterofAthena said:
IF... and thats a really big if... they do exist, we will never encounter them, never mention them, and they occupy no important roles within the world. I simply do not enjoy rps that include canon characters and as such, I will never run one.
Or they could exist in an elseworld kind of way. The Whitebeard of this world would be different than the cannon Whitebeard, maybe to the point of being Brownbeard, if we interacted with them at all.

Ooooohhh this looks so coool!

I literally just joined the site but I adore One piece!!! <3

Hopefully, I can write up a good character like everyone else has.

We have drawn the first round of devil fruits and awarded three of them. Those who will be receiving them will be notified by us sometime soon (within the hour if not already) and if you do not receive a message, please note that we will likely be doing one more drawing before the start of the rp IF we get more applicants for devil fruits within that time.

New Devil Fruit Finch!

tumblr_inline_nu35ppvrIO1t0sooq_250.jpg

Finch H. Hawthorne

• Name: Finch H. Hawthorne

Nickname: N/A

Gonna get started on my character now!

Great white shark Fishman

Also here's his face-claim, which I lovvee <3

Hoshigaki.Kisame.full.1353776.jpg

[QUOTE="S U R U]
Gonna get started on my character now!
Great white shark Fishman

Also here's his face-claim, which I lovvee <3

Hoshigaki.Kisame.full.1353776.jpg

Kisame ! :o

[/QUOTE]

Just throwing this here in case anyone's curious...

Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

Basic Information

Name: Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

Physical Description: Scarlet’s appearance is very similar to the picture posted on the right. Her hair is usually in a chaotic mess and instead of wearing a bandana on her head, she usually simply has it pulled back in a ponytail while tied in a red ribbon. Also, unlike the picture, Scarlet’s hair is not dyed green in any amount at all. Concealed by clothing at all times, Scarlet still has the scars on her back from when she was whipped upon arriving at The Plastic Resort.

Height: 5’4”

anime-pirate.jpg

More Detailed Information

Personality: Scarlet is highly sociable. There are very few people who she won’t strike up a conversation with immediately upon meeting them. She is terrible at interpreting a person’s signals that they are not interested in talking to her at all and so regardless of their body language, Scarlet is bound and determined to continue conversations with people.

Scarlet is also highly feminine. She shops and has a problem spending too much money - it’s one of the main reasons why she claims to be a pirate in the first place. Scarlet will often report that if she wasn’t a pirate, she would never be able to afford her lifestyle. She takes very good care of her hair and her clothes and if anyone messes her appearance up, there will most definitely be hell to pay.

Despite her oddities, quirks and annoyances, Scarlet is a great friend. She really cares for the people who choose to get close to her and there is very little she wouldn’t do for them. She is bound and determined to accomplish her own goals - to become a fantastic pirate queen - as well as to help her friends achieve their own goals. Scarlet considers every success of her friends to be a success of her own.

Likes: Shopping, clothes, hair care products, money, treasure, friends, her red ribbon

Dislikes: Dirt, snarls in her hair, slavery, storms at sea,

Character Strengths: One of Scarlet’s undeniable strengths is her charisma. She has so much bundled energy and she’s always excited about something. Simmering with optimism, she is a hard person to ignore in any capacity and that alone tends to draw people to her. Loyalty is another one of her obvious strengths. Although it differs with men and relationships, a friend is someone Scarlet will never abandon and never forget. Lastly, although physical strength is not one of her strengths, Scarlet does indeed fight smart. She knows what places it hurts to hit, she knows where to punch a man, and she knows the places that you can damage without needing any strength.

Character Weaknesses: Scarlet is LOUD. She couldn’t sneak up on a person for the life in her no matter how hard she tried. She just can’t close her mouth for the life in her most of the time and even beyond that personal problem, she simply has terrible luck when it comes to trying to be sneaky. Scarlet is also highly impulsive. She doesn’t really think things through and she’s terrible at planning. If someone else wants to come up with a plan though, as long as they don’t take too long, Scarlet is fine with it. Finally, Scarlet is set in her ways as a feminine female. She’s attracted to hot guys, she likes to look nice and anything that ruins her pristine appearance is going to get on her nerves.

Abilities

Potential Position on a Pirate Crew: Captain of the Red Ribbon Pirates

How do you fight? Scarlet fights smart and she fights using methods that don’t require immense strength. She hits with her elbows and her knees - even her head sometimes, too. She knows to gouge for eyes and strike at places that hurt. She herself has a high tolerance for pain which means she can and will hit in ways that hurt her nearly as much as they hurt her target. Scarlet is also fairly popular for gouging people’s eyes out. It’s another incredibly underused fighting tactic.

Devil Fruit: None

Other Unique Abilities: Charm… if that counts

Weapons Carried: Scarlet carries a dagger concealed within her high heeled boots. Scarlet also carries a pair of brass knuckles, although they’re not really made of brass.

History

Backstory: Scarlet grew up on a small island in the North Blue called Run’s Riv. Though she was adopted at a very young age, Scarlet grew up unaware of that fact and she had a fairly peaceful and loving childhood. Her adopted parents were a simple farming family and the method of farming on the island meant that she had plenty of time to spend with them.

Scarlet learned how to swim at an early age and she had to acquire the strength of it fast in order to fight the strong currents in the rivers on the island, but with the help and support of her family, Scarlet was able to manage it. She loved swimming. One day, Scarlet went out to the river with her adopted father; they were going to swim out to the furthest Chinampa and check on the crops and they were going to make it a race.

As they were swimming, though, the waters got rougher. It started to storm and Scarlet didn’t realize that she got separated from her father until she was already being pulled out to the very sea itself. Somewhere along the way, she hit her head on a rock. Her head was bleeding into the water and Scarlet fell unconscious, her body floated along in the water eventually coming to wash up on The Plastic Resort.

Someone wandering along the shore pulled her out of the water and assumed she was a slave. It was an island of slaves, afterall. Her clothes were soaked through, they were ragged, her hair was a mess with rats and snarls and her head was scabbed with blood hardened into her hair. There wasn’t much else that they could assume beyond the fact that she was a slave. Dragged in with the others, Scarlet was cleaned up and then sent to work the fields although she tried to tell people she wasn’t one of the slaves here.

Scarlet’s back was brutally whipped. No one believed her. However, it wasn’t too long before one man stepped forward and asked that she be checked for the mark of a slave. Sure enough, Scarlet didn’t have one. The man turned out to be Captain Spades and upon realizing that Scarlet really didn’t belong there, he brought her onto his ship. He saved her and he became Scarlet’s role model for quite a while after that. He taught her to fight, he taught her to perform the essential duties on a pirate ship, and he taught her about the treasures of the world. By then, their ship was well away from her home.

One day, Scarlet got her hands on a map and she found her home. Deciding that she wanted to learn what had happened to her father, Scarlet informed Captain Spades and he brought her to a nearby island and helped her to find a ship of her own - Charybdis. They parted ways happily and as Scarlet was sailing home, she heard the rumors of the map to the One Piece. Drawn to the lure of the greatest treasure on earth, Scarlet decided that that was worth too much to pass up. Setting the memories and curiosities of what happened to her father aside, Scarlet sailed to Mirstone.

*just goes to the corner since no one notices I haven't posted my captain sheet............. * Not that I care... The corner and I are great friends.

Peaceswore said:
*just goes to the corner since no one notices I haven't posted my captain sheet............. * Not that I care... The corner and I are great friends.
Post et

Users who are viewing this thread

Back