• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Preliminary Interest Thread

Finniekittiesvm said:
Would you mind if I joined?
I really love One Piece and I would enjoy being a part of this RP.
We are accepting and we always will be accepting so you're more than welcome to jump in to conversation here. Currently we're waiting on a reply to whether or not we are getting an HP so we're kind of stuck on hold with people making characters and discussing stuff.

i hate bbcode so much some times. Have it all laid out perfectly, and even have rich disabled yet when i test post it adds in 2352423425234234 lines of code cause she clashes that shouldn't /rant

might post it, but at the same time dont want everyone to see how painful the code is considering the layout itself is basic and kind of clunky. Really just wanted something not basic, but i think i might end up making a generic sheet. Kinda wanna crai rite nao.

Branden D. Valentino

K9dPJ0o.jpg

General Information

Given Name:

Branden D.

Sur Name:

Valentino

Nickname:

Val

Sex:

Male

Race:

Human

Height:

7ft 2in

Weight:

319lbs

Eyes:

Hazel, Browns

Hair:

Faded black

Position

Unknown

Appearance

Val's Physical appearance is a large one. His physical frame is a slightly husky, very muscular man of over seven feet tall. His arms are each nearly the size of a regular person's head and his chest is well defined as well as broad. A strong body for a man who has always worked hard. Even his legs are similar and proportionate to the rest of his body. Topping it off, he is no girl man. Hair adorns his forearms, chest thighs and legs. Not huge amounts, but manly amounts.

His face is a stern one. Large, bushy eyebrows shade his eyes from light, and his sockets are inlaid farther than most. He has rugged definitive creases and structure to his cheeks and chin. The two most notable features are his hair. On his head the sides above his ears, to back around his neck, all of it is shaved but on the top. His longer men's length hair is slicked and pulled back. Not with a brush or a comb but always just his hand. Upon his face are are large bushy mutton chop style mustache. His chin and the spaces on his cheeks are always clean shaven.

There is a pair of boots that Val has had for 20 years. He wasn't sure what they are made out of but as much as he wears them, they have never worn down. They are faded black and always kind of a brownish dirt colored cause they are rarely cleaned. The tips are flat, not pointed and besides the leather stitching, are not decorated at all. His dress pants he has, while always starting clean, often get dusty and dirty just like his boots, but only up to about mid calf. Val wears these because they're comfy. His shirt is always a button up of some solid color. The collar is often folded out to look a little wild and his sleeves are rolled just passed his elbows and his arms tight tightly into them. His vest always matches his pants, unless the rare occasion he doesn't wear one. Val has a cowboy hate he uses when traveling. Its kind of triangular in the front, slightly curved edges and very well used. It can be used to hide his face.. Its a faded black, as well as the leather jacket he has that goes with it.

Lastly he never carries anything on him but a money clip which has a picture of his daughters, his wife and some cash.

Favors

Family & Friends

Fresh Breeze of the Sea

Doing Physical Labor

Brawling & Sparring

Helping Out Others

Pillar of Support

Exploring the World

Learning about the World

Being with People Val Trusts

Disfavors

Exploitation of Others

Scoundrels

Navy in General

Green Leafy Food

Mindless Drones

Other Pirates

People who talk down to others.

Sleeping, Wasting time

Being Lied To

Strengths

Brute Strength

Val is much stronger than your average person. He uses this strength in everything, from helping move object, working out with obscene amounts of weight, or just fighting beasts that most wouldn't mess with.

Intimidation

Something about Val makes him very intimidating to others. The scary part is if when he actually tries to. With a tilt of his hat, a baring of teeth and a single glance of his eye. People fear for their life. Most his friends know it's just his size though. Takes effort to be a badass.

Indomitable Will

Maybe its because he is stubborn, or maybe it's just because he is that strong. His will never fails. Like all it may waver, but those around him keep him going and even in the worst of situations, he still gets up and goes, if not for himself, then

for them

Father Figure

Val knows how to take care of those around him. He will not shrug off a worry or a care in the name of others. Everyone around him should feel just as good as he does. He may not openly say it, but he cares for everyone he meets.

Weaknesses

Family

If anyone were to talk shit about his real family, he would likely go off the deep end. Especially if they knew the truth; something he doesn't tell just anyone. Even with his extended family, he could grin an bear it, but certain situations he might not be able to.

Navy

The are the reason for a few of the major issues in his life. He will not opening challenge them, but he will not back down from an arrogant prick trying to pick on an old man.

Hierarchy

There is a significant one in this world. all of which he doesn't give a shit about. The people who need help cant get it because of these factors so they are walls he will break down any chance he gets.

Children

He will care for them. He will love them. He will protect them. He doesnt punish a child he teaches them. In this way, it is very easy for a person to take advantage of him. Even repeated abuse from said kid may not phase his thinking towards the child.

Fighting Style

When it comes to fighting Val uses his best and strongest weapon, his own body. He does not use weapons, he does not use powers, and he surely doesn't cheat. Brute strength, Intimidating power and a good time. That's how he fights. Many call it brawling, or "Gentleman's boxing". Whether for stakes or for fun, his fists and body are all he really needs. With his size and stature, Val has been known to overpower even the strongest of men. Though for his size, he is amazingly agile and durable. Best to be his friend than his enemy.

Additional Info

Muscular Appearance

el2wAq1.jpg

Kaine said:

Branden D. Valentino

K9dPJ0o.jpg

General Information

Given Name:

Branden D.

Sur Name:

Valentino

Nickname:

Val

Sex:

Male

Race:

Human

Height:

7ft 2in

Weight:

319lbs

Eyes:

Hazel, Browns

Hair:

Faded black

Position

Unknown

Appearance

Val's Physical appearance is a large one. His physical frame is a slightly husky, very muscular man of over seven feet tall. His arms are each nearly the size of a regular person's head and his chest is well defined as well as broad. A strong body for a man who has always worked hard. Even his legs are similar and proportionate to the rest of his body. Topping it off, he is no girl man. Hair adorns his forearms, chest thighs and legs. Not huge amounts, but manly amounts.

His face is a stern one. Large, bushy eyebrows shade his eyes from light, and his sockets are inlaid farther than most. He has rugged definitive creases and structure to his cheeks and chin. The two most notable features are his hair. On his head the sides above his ears, to back around his neck, all of it is shaved but on the top. His longer men's length hair is slicked and pulled back. Not with a brush or a comb but always just his hand. Upon his face are are large bushy mutton chop style mustache. His chin and the spaces on his cheeks are always clean shaven.

There is a pair of boots that Val has had for 20 years. He wasn't sure what they are made out of but as much as he wears them, they have never worn down. They are faded black and always kind of a brownish dirt colored cause they are rarely cleaned. The tips are flat, not pointed and besides the leather stitching, are not decorated at all. His dress pants he has, while always starting clean, often get dusty and dirty just like his boots, but only up to about mid calf. Val wears these because they're comfy. His shirt is always a button up of some solid color. The collar is often folded out to look a little wild and his sleeves are rolled just passed his elbows and his arms tight tightly into them. His vest always matches his pants, unless the rare occasion he doesn't wear one. Val has a cowboy hate he uses when traveling. Its kind of triangular in the front, slightly curved edges and very well used. It can be used to hide his face.. Its a faded black, as well as the leather jacket he has that goes with it.

Lastly he never carries anything on him but a money clip which has a picture of his daughters, his wife and some cash.

Favors

Family & Friends

Fresh Breeze of the Sea

Doing Physical Labor

Brawling & Sparring

Helping Out Others

Pillar of Support

Exploring the World

Learning about the World

Being with People Val Trusts

Disfavors

Exploitation of Others

Scoundrels

Navy in General

Green Leafy Food

Mindless Drones

Other Pirates

People who talk down to others.

Sleeping, Wasting time

Being Lied To

Strengths

Brute Strength

Val is much stronger than your average person. He uses this strength in everything, from helping move object, working out with obscene amounts of weight, or just fighting beasts that most wouldn't mess with.

Intimidation

Something about Val makes him very intimidating to others. The scary part is if when he actually tries to. With a tilt of his hat, a baring of teeth and a single glance of his eye. People fear for their life. Most his friends know it's just his size though. Takes effort to be a badass.

Indomitable Will

Maybe its because he is stubborn, or maybe it's just because he is that strong. His will never fails. Like all it may waver, but those around him keep him going and even in the worst of situations, he still gets up and goes, if not for himself, then

for them

Father Figure

Val knows how to take care of those around him. He will not shrug off a worry or a care in the name of others. Everyone around him should feel just as good as he does. He may not openly say it, but he cares for everyone he meets.

Weaknesses

Family

If anyone were to talk shit about his real family, he would likely go off the deep end. Especially if they knew the truth; something he doesn't tell just anyone. Even with his extended family, he could grin an bear it, but certain situations he might not be able to.

Navy

The are the reason for a few of the major issues in his life. He will not opening challenge them, but he will not back down from an arrogant prick trying to pick on an old man.

Hierarchy

There is a significant one in this world. all of which he doesn't give a shit about. The people who need help cant get it because of these factors so they are walls he will break down any chance he gets.

Children

He will care for them. He will love them. He will protect them. He doesnt punish a child he teaches them. In this way, it is very easy for a person to take advantage of him. Even repeated abuse from said kid may not phase his thinking towards the child.

Fighting Style

When it comes to fighting Val uses his best and strongest weapon, his own body. He does not use weapons, he does not use powers, and he surely doesn't cheat. Brute strength, Intimidating power and a good time. That's how he fights. Many call it brawling, or "Gentleman's boxing". Whether for stakes or for fun, his fists and body are all he really needs. With his size and stature, Val has been known to overpower even the strongest of men. Though for his size, he is amazingly agile and durable. Best to be his friend than his enemy.

Additional Info

Muscular Appearance

el2wAq1.jpg

Dat mustache.

Mitchs98 said:
Dat mustache.
i know right? xD i just had to. its his defining feature. Its like those 1920's brawlers you see in movies. thats kind of what i aimed for. Seemed perfect. Though he has no real good. If i had to give him a position, it would be "Moral Support" xD

Kaine said:
i know right? xD i just had to. its his defining feature. Its like those 1920's brawlers you see in movies. thats kind of what i aimed for. Seemed perfect. Though he has no real good. If i had to give him a position, it would be "Moral Support" xD
I like him. Mustache is baller, lmao. Legit reminds me of 1920's boxer too

Whoa, I feel I'm jumping in super-late and being a newbie on top of that.. But I've read through all your posts and, oh boy, I'm hyped for this.

I've been a OP-fan since it was first available as a subbed series, so unless it would be a problem.. DO COUNT ME IN!

Noobie character in the making here. :]

BlueUnicorn said:
Whoa, I feel I'm jumping in super-late and being a newbie on top of that.. But I've read through all your posts and, oh boy, I'm hyped for this.
I've been a OP-fan since it was first available as a subbed series, so unless it would be a problem.. DO COUNT ME IN!

Noobie character in the making here. :]
Welcome then!

We're currently waiting to find out the status of the rp. We have applied for a hosted project which allows us to do a lot more and to be more organized. As soon as we know more, everyone watching this thread will be the first people to know! Until then, feel free to chat with whoever's here and there's also a link to a character sheet somewhere within the thread.

DaughterofAthena said:
Welcome then!
We're currently waiting to find out the status of the rp. We have applied for a hosted project which allows us to do a lot more and to be more organized. As soon as we know more, everyone watching this thread will be the first people to know! Until then, feel free to chat with whoever's here and there's also a link to a character sheet somewhere within the thread.
Amazing! It's been a while since I was in a RP of this size, but dayum, I'm all up for it!

It was the character sheet that sent me here, actually - so it's somewhere in my "Watched Threads"-section. Thank you! :]

Brook said:
Has the actual thread for the roleplay been created? If so, link me. ( :o )
Not yet. We are actually waiting to find out if we can get a Hosted Project. The application was submitted about a week ago and we haven't heard back from the admins yet on whether or not we can have one. Once we do hear back, people here will be the first ones to know.

So, since we're still waiting, a little thought of mine: I just realized today a few fruits (like Eustass') were never named, I think. I wonder what they are called? Any ideas? Also I wonder if they'll be in the RP. :D

Sunbather said:
So, since we're still waiting, a little thought of mine: I just realized today a few fruits (like Eustass') were never named, I think. I wonder what they are called? Any ideas? Also I wonder if they'll be in the RP. :D
A lot of fruits are unnamed. Gdi Oda.

It's official! We are getting a hosted project!

We still have to work out a few logistical things with the Admins before the project is made, but it WILL exist!

Since everybody else have been sharing their characters for the RP, I'll be adding my work-in-progress as well! /noshame

Looking forward to kick some butt with you all! :]

27796-bigthumbnail.jpg

Narivena Veulence

Nickname

Nerva “The Assassin”, Vena

Female

Physical Description:

At first sight, there is little noteworthy about Narivena. Few of her features stand out, and she blends well with large crowds should she want to. Both her ears are pierced with golden ringlets, her right nostril has another golden ringlet and she has a belly button piercing that shows whenever she tucks up her white shirt.

Narivena has a lean, strong build with well-kempt muscles. What she lacks in curves and feminine features, she gains in muscle-control. Her short, messy hair is the color of sun-bleached orange that fits her lightly tanned skin, fitting as she’s originally from a desert island. Her facial features are sharp and sudden, yet she shows no apparent expression, and her eyes are an indistinguishable mix of brown and green. On the left side of her chin there is a thin scar shaped in a “Y”-form.

Her normal attire is a white, woolen shirt, worn in whatever way would suit the weather and light brown leather pants with a thick belt at her waist. Fastened in her belt on each side rests her sheathed daggers, and . Her hands bear long leather-gloves, and she wears boots that reaches the middle of her calves, fastened at her ankles with a leather strap. There is always a small, leather-covered notebook in her immediate reach. Around her head, she usually wears a black headband with golden details and her neck always carries a simple golden ring.

Height

5’7 / 175cm

Personality:

Due to her experiences as a child, Nerva appears rather emotionless on the outside. It is difficult to get to know her properly as she defends herself by shutting others out. However, once one gets through her tough skin, one would have a loyal companion who would be likely to give her life for theirs, despite her selfish nature. She is very independent and survives by putting herself first. She is very strong-willed and stubborn, not liking to give others opportunities to beat her at.. Well.. Anything. Nerva loves challenges. Any chance to get a shot of adrenaline or improving her own abilities are precious opportunities in her opinion – given the opponent is strong. Often she chooses enemies stronger than her, which puts her in dangerous or life-threatening situations. But as an adrenaline-junkie, she could not care less as she enjoys a good fight too much.

Despite having a cold exterior and a seemingly strong mentality, Nerva also has issues dealing with her anger once agitated. Not only is she brutally honest to others, often resulting in getting her in trouble more often than not, but she is also ruthless in dangerous situations. If she disagrees with you on any matter or you ask her anything, she will let you know her exact thoughts on the matter. Her anger is another dangerous aspect, mostly to herself. When agitated or angered, Nerva will most likely start a fight, unless she’s already in one. However, Nerva is not all doom-and-gloom. If she feels secure, she often sings, laughs and jokes, even though that may (or may not) be a rare experience depending on the day she’s having.

· Food (Sweets in particular)

· Challenges / Adrenaline

· Journeying / Discovering

· Drawing and writing

Dislikes:

· Losing

· Interruption

· Weakness

· Lousiness

Character Strengths:

· Physical Endurance

· Strong-willed

· Independent

· Stubborn

· Body-control

Character Flaws:

· Brutal honesty

· Ruthless

· Anger

· Selfish

· Hot-headed

608x700_6466_Beatrice_2d_character_pirate_girl_woman_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Potential Position:

Navigator / Lookout / Spy

Weapons Carried:

Two double-edged daggers(Tantō), thin metallic chain, two small knives

How do you fight?

Nerva relies heavily on her physical abilities in her fighting-style, meaning she has honed her physical endurance hard to become a good fighter. Her hits are not as hard as a well-trained man’s would be as her muscles are more based on speed rather than strength, but her technique with her daggers and the speed she can obtain with her long, lean legs, and her reach with long arms makes her no less deadly. Another requirement for her fighting-technique is her ability to stay silent and to be able to read her opponent to a certain degree. Close-combat is essential, due to her self-trained athletics. The ones who fought Nerva (and lost) nicknamed her “The Assassin”.

Note: She has two knives hidden in the edge of her boots, used for emergencies but hardly ever in combat as they are too small to be useful for longer durations.

Tantō: Her main fighting-technique based on her two double-edged Japanese daggers. It is based on her speed and how much energy and power she puts in each hit. This technique requires her to get close to her target and deal quick blows repeatedly. It also relies heavily on her ability to be flexible and move quickly to avoid harm to herself. However, to balance the many aspects is difficult and draining.

Kusaritantō: An option to her main technique, yet not one she has trained enough with to master – but only experienced on few occasions with. This is where her chain comes in. The chain can be attached and detached in three places: The middle and the ends to her daggers – giving her a slight advantage if she cannot get close enough to her target. As this technique is not developed enough for her to be able to use it fully, it is as much a danger to herself as to her opponent. She can either use the daggers with a metal chain between them, or with a shorter metal chain fastened to each one. There is also the opportunity to use one long-range and one short-range dagger, but Nevra has not begun to master this yet. Due to her focusing more on endurance than strength, these attacks become weaker the longer her range becomes. In other words, this is a technique Nerva tries to avoid in combat due to the high risks.

Kusari: Not yet attempted or trained with, but an idea forging in Nerva’s mind involving the chain itself as a weapon.

Adrenaline Bloodrush: If in a life-threatening situation or if her mentality is broken, Nerva goes into bloodrush as a “last resort”. Most likely due to her incapability to save her own family, she loses control when she herself or anyone close to her are subject to life-threatening damage or situations. All defensive mechanism are shut off, and Nerva goes in all-out attacks leaving her wide open for a period of one minute. During this period, Nerva’s attacks does not have coordination nor a proper goal. She merely goes on a “killing-spree” on her target in order to eliminate the threat. Her blows are more focused on the physical strength than her physical endurance during “Adrenaline Bloodrush”, but leaves her completely exposed and is also physically draining on her body.

Devil Fruit

None

Other Unique Abilities

Pick-pocketing, silence

Backstory

Nerva was born on a desert island led by a tough, but fair king to a family living in the outskirts of the king’s city. The family managed, by selling whatever they could acquire: Fish, flowers, minerals, water.. As the family’s first-born child, Nerva learned early on to provide for herself and her family. As early as three years old, she went with her mother to the market in town to attempt sales with the little they could find. They did not have much, but they got enough to push through to the next day. Of course, there were good and bad days, but they always managed. Some days, they even got to dine with meat instead of vegetables and soup. Taxes was paid to the king with little disturbance – the price even and fair, and so her first years of living with her loving family went by quietly. Nerva became the oldest of four siblings: Two twin brothers who were three years younger than her and their smallest sister, five years younger than her.

At the age of seven, there was a change in the succession of the kingdom. Rumors spread about the king’s son taking over the throne after murdering his ill father and then his mother, but as Nerva’s family lived in the outskirts, little was confirmed. The monthly tax-payment came near and Nerva’s family had gathered their funds to pay the king’s men for the little they owned. The men who came to collect were not the usual guards, nor did they bear the sigil of the king they knew. Tax had been increased drastically, and there had indeed been a change in succession. After pleading and begging for longer time to gather enough funds to pay the tax due to lack of information, the guards finally agreed to take what the family already had if twice the sum was paid next month.

Not only was this a drastic change in Nerva’s life, the next season was also one of the warmest the island had ever seen. Business and trade was bad and little went by without trouble. Slowly, Nerva taught herself the art of blending in with the crowds and making her way unnoticed. That way, she could steal enough to help her family. Her mother and father were honest people, but there was little choice. Nerva did not want her smaller siblings to do as she had to, so she stole what she could and got her mother and father to sell it off to get enough funds to pay they ridiculously high taxes. Lack of payment was by law a sign of treason and therefore punishable by death.

Their summer-season only got warmer, and soon illness spread from the center of town. It did not take long for it to reach the outskirts of the city. The first ones to get was Nerva’s twin brothers. They got spiking fevers, shakiness and their bodies slowly collapsed. Soon after came her smallest sister. It did not take her siblings long to be taken by the sickness, but it had also affected her mother. Also the sorrow of losing her children tore her down mentally. Since Nerva was out most of the day, she was not in harm’s way the way her mother and father was. With lack of medicine and no money to afford a doctor because of the spiking taxes, her mother was taken only months later – leaving Nerva and her father alone. They had by some miracle survived – but they still had wounds in their hearts at the loss of their beloved and a deep hatred for the authorities.

Nerva’s father had gotten training from his father in the arts of close-combat. Due to the insecurity in the city, he decided to teach Nerva what he still remembered when she turned ten. With hard work and dishonest payments, the two barely managed. The struggle, both mentally and physically, was tough and for four years the slaying of their mental and physical abilities went on, leaving them withered and exhausted. Their income was no longer high enough to be able to pay their taxes.

Four months into Nerva’s fifteenth birthday the guards once again came to collect their dues – only this time, their funds were insufficient. Begging for another delay in payment, her father was slain in cold blood by the king’s guard. Nerva managed to run, the only wound inflicted on her was a thin, but deep cut on the left side of her chin. Hiding in the city, Nerva was heartbroken and exhausted. She swore she would survive and get away from the island, whatever it took.

It took her two years of intense self-study and training to get ready and gather her strength to leave the island – the only keepsake from her family being her father’s two daggers and her mother’s ring. By the time she was done, she had become her own master in close-combat, specifically with daggers – previously owned by her father. She was also decent at drawing maps and sketches, and directions as well as maps had always been easy to her. On her eighteenth birthday, Nerva managed to steal a small boat from one of the travelers on their dry island, and finally started her adventure, trying her best to stay hidden in the shadows and concealing herself as well as her emotions. She would travel the world and fulfill her dreams – wild and free – whatever it would take for her to do so. Anything but going back to the godforsaken island called her home. The next two years to this day, she travelled around where she could with the funds she could get – slowly realizing her love for journey and adventure had been there all along.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back