• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Marines: Misfits

Hanarei

Rawr-ness
One Piece Marines: Misfits
latest

The seas are home to the scum of the world. Thieves, Cheats, Gangsters, Assassins, Murderers, and worst of all Pirates all but call it their home. The citizens would all be but at their mercy as their local governments struggle to manage to get by against those villains who would seek to cause them harm. They call out for heroes. Great men and women whom seek to uphold justice and stop the evil-doers from ravaging their lands. Ones who will put an end to this horrible priate era. It is the Marines who stand proud to save the innocent. The marines will be the ones to put an end to all the injustice in the world and put to rest this chaotic search for the One Piece. The enforces of the law of the World Government to keep peace in the world!

You may stand as an outcast. Perhaps one who just fell short of satisfying the needs of your higher ups. Perhaps your strong ego clashed against your superior leaving a blackmark upon you with their only wish was to get rid of you. Maybe you just are a sucker to buy in for a chance to do real good for the world and giving up your fast track for success in the Marines. Whatever it might of been, you have found yourself recruited to join a brand new experimental squad fit be a smaller crew actively seeking problems of which you can solve. Welcome to MISFITs!

What is this RP about?

MISFITs (Marine Inquisition Search and Fortification Intercontinental Troop) is a roleplay is about a newly formed ship employed under the Marines to actively seek out various islands in order to investigate for any threats and protect the citizens. While most Marines wait for orders, MISFITs are able to act on the captains (questionable) whim and do as they please, so long as a direct order isn't given to do otherwise. I'm looking for a smaller group of players with the goal of working together to create a compelling narrative with the hope of having the chance to dive into each character and flesh out a bigger story while incorporating elements directly related to each character. In many ways this is much like a normal One Piece Roleplay, just this time the law is on your side (for both good and bad).

• This is an AU (Alternate Universe) One PIece RP. Characters from the series DO NOT exists. General story elements such as the One Piece or the World Government will remain as a thing.
    • Note: When creating a character feel free to use elements from the story as you like or create your own and I can see about fitting it in.
  • Post wise I'm expecting people to posts to be at minimal 2 Paragraphs in length ideally aiming for at least a few posts each week.
  • I hope to ideally create both an overarching story but also one involving development of your characters involved in the world. I highly encourage input or ideas that could be explored along the way for your character.
  • I want this Roleplay to last long term. I'm not looking for a big group as much as a small one that is dedicated to seeing this through to the end and working together to create a great story!
  • Characters aren't meant to be top end Marines but lower grunts. Not everyone needs to play a brawler either.

Would there be a Discord at all? And when you say Lower end Marines, are these the type that just get 1 shot in scenes without names? or ones that can do a bit more just not the big names? like at what point in the series would these be in order to guage Strength? (ie Blue, Grand Line, New World).

Would there be a Discord at all? And when you say Lower end Marines, are these the type that just get 1 shot in scenes without names? or ones that can do a bit more just not the big names? like at what point in the series would these be in order to guage Strength? (ie Blue, Grand Line, New World).
Discord no... but I'll work on making one. It makes OOC chatter a lot easier. I'll try and have a basic discord server up shortly.

As far as lower end, I'm seeing more like Luffy and the crew just arriving into paradise. Able to hold their own but clearly having far to go even when it comes to Paradise side of the grandline. In some regards you would be fodder to many strong pirates. That said not everyone on the crew needs to be a fighter (naturally the strawhats being the clear example). That should answer both those last bits there.

As far as the number I was aiming for... I'll leave it open for now and see how it goes. I'll try and make it work and I expect some natural drop off with people who might not end up finishing a character or what not.

Yeah RPN has had a few occasions were it didnt update with new posts and caused big issues for some people missing out on the RP's. I did have a few ideas for characters, depending on final feel of crew.

Giving a little nudge here since I'm still leaving it open, as long as a dozen people don't suddenly flood in and I regret poking this. That and I realized I didn't post the CS sheet here after putting it up just in case someone interested didn't post here and was waiting for it.

Character Sheets

Still could use potentially one more if anyone is interested! Still keeping things from going to far ahead so it won't be a big problem getting into what will be the start of the crew. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back