• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Forbidden Fruit (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Rurnur

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This is a One Piece alternate universe RP, where the world of One Piece is the same as the one featured in the canon story, but without any specific characters or locations, all will be completely original! (apart from Gol D. Roger, that is)

Rules!

- Watch your spelling/grammar! Small mistakes are fine, but not if your writing is consistently distracting from the RP.
- No one liners, and always do your best to give your fellow players plenty to work with.
- Don't leave us hanging! If you know you won't be able to reply for a while, let your partners know so that they can continue the RP.
- If you want to add major additions to the world's lore, bring it up with me first before implementing it.
- Please try to keep the "One Piece" mood going, I know it has it's dark moments and it's fan-service, but we won't be having graphic descriptions of gore or sexual content. It's a lighthearted story in the end!
- All One Piece fans are welcome! That means people who haven't caught up to the anime or manga as well! So please be respectful regarding story spoilers, however, it is recommended that you be as up to date as you can regarding the story of One Piece, because there will be some spoilers regarding the lore of the world that is necessary for the RP.

Last edited:
Sparrow Island

"Captain! Look at the birdies!" Exclaimed a shabby-looking pirate, before receiving a swift blow to the head from a taller man, scowling at the dark shapes amassing on the horizon. "Cannons! Now!" He yelled at the crew, beginning to sweat as the hoard of shapes grew larger and larger, almost blotting out the sun. Cannonballs fired high into the air, but the pirate's assailants easily maneuvered around the projectiles, allowing them to drop harmlessly into the ocean. Bullets fired across the deck as chaos ensued, with pirates being knocked off the ship from immense gusts of wind. Winds that were formed by the mere flapping of the beast's wings. It wasn't long until the pirate's sails were in tatters, and the majority of the crew lost to the depths below, leaving the ship to wander aimlessly across the South Blue. For that was the fate of those sorts who would approach this island.

Closer to the coast however, an older man feebly rows a rickety boat towards the shore of Sparrow Island. Inching closer to dry land, those dark shapes would begin to flitter above, before eventually one would land upon the side of his boat, threatening to send the old man toppling into the sea. "Whoa there feller! Ain't got nothin' for ya right now!" He said with a chuckle, as the Super Sparrow simply cocked it's head left and then right, scanning the boat's contents before dashing away once again, joining it's companions in the sky. Following the encounter, he would carry his supplies towards the town of "Big Seed", one of the several small settlements dotted along the coast of Sparrow Island, infamous both for it's peaceful and easygoing lifestyle, as well as the great dangers one must face in order to have a chance at living there. As the natural order would have it, no large pirate ships (or marine ships, for that matter) could get anywhere near the island, or risk being torn asunder by its inhabitants: the "Super Sparrows".

Therefore, anyone who wished to visit the island was forced to take a perilous journey across the South Blue in a less than ideal type of vessel. Though by chance, this did happen to place Sparrow Island as a hot spot for up and coming pirates, looking to make a name for themselves without the threat of facing the larger, more well established pirate crews. And so, a ferrying business was formed by some of the local inhabitants, bringing in newcomers deemed "not dangerous" to their island home, lest it become overrun by pirates.​

Ciara woke up with a yawn and a bump to the head "Ow, what the-" Minna said to herself as she pushed whatever was above her and there was a POP sound and light started to pour into the barrel. "Oh god, what the fuck" Minna said as her eyes adjusted to the sudden light that was pouring in and she popped her head out and saw a big blue expanse all around her "Oh, god my babies! You jealous bastards" Minna yelled out to no-one in particular before feeling the lightest of thumps next to her and she saw another barrel tied to her own "Please be my babies, please be my babies" Minna babbled to herself as she punched a hole into the other barrel and saw the glint of metal inside the barrel "Oh, goodie some of my babies, don't worry Mum's here with you, well it looks like those ungrateful bastards decided to throw us out." Minna said as she caught the barrel top again and put it back on top "Well, it's not like I'm going to hit land any time soon, might as well get some more sleep." Minna said to herself went back to sleep

Minna woke up as she felt the barrel come to a stop and flop over on to something "Ahhh, that was a good but uncomfortable nap." Minna yawned as she felt around for a moment before punching open the top of the barrel and crawled out and looked around, confused "Hmm, I have no idea where I am. Well then time to get making some more of my babies" Minna said to herself as she untied the second barrel and picked it up and went into town "Dum de dum, sorry girls I've got to sell you to make more of your siblings." Minna said as she made her way to town. As she went inside town she walked by a drunk man "Hey, you where the fuck am I?" Minna asked the man "Hic, why your in Big Seed, of course" the man said "Ah fuck me, yeah thanks mate." Minna said as she walked away before stopping at the end of the main street "Yep, this looks like a good place to start off with" Minna said as she placed the barrel on the ground, climbed on top of it and started shouting "Weapons for sale! Weapons for sale! I have nearly anything you would want for a weapon, swords, axes, hammers, guns, gauntlets. I've got any weapon you could want and you can have them for a reasonable price" Ciara yelled out​

Fahlia Elberry
"So that's sparrow island huh." A tiny, quiet voice called out. As the sight of her destination grew closer, Fahlia slowly found herself more and more amazed by the second. Huge winged beasts roamed the skies above, malicious to some, but amicable to most of the natives. It was almost a dizzying sight seeing something so many times bigger than her. Those creatures could probably eat more than a hundred of her in one bite. The thought was a little worrying, but she was too mesmerized by the sight to care. "I wonder if I can ride one of them someday..." She yearned softly, gently swinging her legs off the ferrys starboard. Fahlia was in an excitable mood, considering this was her first time to another land. On her quest to find him, she wondered if she'd be able to see strange places like this more often. Although thinking of him was like a scar that would never heal, it always granted her determination and confidence in her tasks ahead. First of all, she needed to find people to travel with. Even if that meant, becoming the very kind of person that took him away, a pirate. Clenching her tiny fists, she stood up early, ready to dash off the ferry. She didn't pay the fee afterall.

"Hmm so this is Big Seed?" She questioned to herself. She had heard that it was supposed to be a more peaceful and scenic place to live, but the first thing she heard was the sound of an enthusiastic salesperson. Although, what the human lady had for sale did pique her interest. Weapons... she thought to herself, eyeing up her own little emerald pin that matched her eyes. Although not pristinely clean, it was a weapon that had served as her training tool for years. Perhaps the lady might have a better weapon for her? Although she sincerely doubted it, she decided to take a look anyway. Of course, not in an upfront manner. She was still paranoid about having the big people spot her, lest she be captured just like her brother all those years ago. Sneakily, hidden within the ladys shadow, Fahlia took a peek into the barrel, seeing if there were any weapons/tools that she could use.

Ramses Caprine
A lone mink sits at the edge of the small harbor. Numerous boats were scattered about like fall leaves in a pond. The colors were beautiful, random, bringing forth echoing memories from Ramses’ childhood spent on the shore. He watched the spreading sunrise as the clouds tinted and colors spread across the sky announcing the new day. The sun illuminated the water, brilliant white over turquoise, beauty beyond measure. Every moment was rich, from the way the wind moved through his fur to sound of the waves crashing in the distance. Morning brought with it the feeling of being alive, the feeling of once again having a fresh start.

“Morning Mom. Day three on Sparrow Island and still no luck at finding a crew. Perhaps I’m just not trying hard enough. While the Big Seed has proved to be a safe place from pirates and marines alike I don’t think it’s the sort of place where strong people gather. This whole process is frustrating… I wonder how Rodger did it? I can only imagine. If nothing has changed by the end of the day I will set off for the next island,” Ramses chimed aloud as he wrote a new entry in his mother’s journal.

Two days ago Ramses had arrived at Sparrow Island aboard a small ferry. He heard that the island was the perfect place for criminals and outcasts to lay low. Unfortunately what he hadn’t heard was that the people on the island were timid folk who had no interest in adventure. Ramses couldn’t become stronger by living a peaceful life in the Big Seed and he certainly couldn’t do it alone. He needed a crew and a ship for that matter. A low growl emanated from the mink’s belly followed by a wave of gnawing hunger. Ramses reached for the brown leather backpack that sat beside him on the harbor. He quickly got up on his feet and slung his bag across his back.

“First things first, Breakfast,” he said softly as he made his way into town.

Rurnur Rurnur

Doctor Taltal Hornby

The doctor took a moment to examine the large birds in the skies above the dock, Super Sparrows, honestly the name is simple yet works extremely well. Hell he would be hard pressed to find a better name for them, perhaps thunderbirds? No... they don't have lightning capabilities...

Just alot of wind.

He wondered how long they live, what they ate, or... maybe who... Wait, Sparrows aren't carnivorous. So perhaps their defending their nest from large ships? Speaking of the ship seemed to make his guided dingy rock on a stray wave.

"Oops, sorry there m' love, seems we're in the shaols before the docks now though." A middle aged woman spoke up from behind him, blocked by the ostensibly huge backpack he had on carrying all of his things. "Ah, yes, it's alright." He stated as he whipped off what stray water he could from the pages of the journal he was hurriedly scribbling in.

A documentation of his journey, his most prized possession. He couldn't let his story for whatever form of immortality he could find go unheeded! Though it may be embellished here and there... and made no mention of the second book he was writing...

He would have to get that to his publisher once done... He had many fans to please after all. He laughed at his own joke softly, eyes on the dock.

Paying his fare he stood up on the wooden dock, the boards creaking under his, and more importantly the huge bag's, weight.

"Now... what to do first... hmmm...." The man hmmmed and haaaaaed until his path became... Well, about as clear as mud.

Perhaps he should...

Hrrmmm...

Uhhh...

How about that young lady with the weapons? No she seems crass... And rather fiesty. So many odd folks around... Guess he was no better though...

So he set off to meet the weapon shouting woman.

(regular text is speech, italicized text is something he puts emphasis on while speaking, bold text is general plot moving along, bold and italicized text is what he is thinking at the moment.)

BE WARNED: THEMES SUCH AS RACISM AND OTHER DARK THEMES MAY BE EXPLORED IN THIS RP. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Leaving the Island he had grown up on for about fifteen years did prove difficult but he felt that he wanted more from his life than just to stay at one place and rot their. He was a fish at heart and staying cooped up in a cage was less than desirable to him. He had heard of a place where some pirates gathered around and decided that he would make his way there. With tears in his eyes, he said his farewells to his companions and set sail on a small sailing vessel he had made himself out of wood and metal. He had acquired a good amount of money from his ship building business so that wouldn't be the issue. What he was worried about were the humans who would look down on him and maybe start a fight just because he looked different. There had been several cases of humans who wouldn't receive his work when they found out that it was done by a fishman. He didn't hate them though, just wished they would try to look at it from his perspective. He didn't ask to be born as a muscle-bound eel with rows of razor sharp teeth that could sing but those were the cards he was dealt.

The trip to Sparrow Island took about a week from his original position and every night he feasted on his he had caught. He also kept a knapsack of things he would need on this journey such as his tools, a few large slabs of meat and a map. While these tangible things played a large part in his life, nobody could ever get the mental image of his comrades out of his mind. All the long nights with his buddies Jack, the octopus fishman and Rachel, the bullshark fishwoman, would never leave his mind no matter where he went. He promised that he would return when he was a great pirate and not a minute sooner!

Coming closer to Sparrow Island now, he was not amused to see that there was one of the smaller Sea Kings waiting for him, that decided to wrap itself around his boat. He didn't have the time to contend with this juggernaut so he just grabbed everything he could carry, including his waterproof knapsack along with some food, and jumped overboard into the deep blue water. He felt more at home here and after a few minutes of hard swimming, he had escaped the beast and reached the shore of the island. His eyes were already opening at the strange people that were here. To his dismay, he didn't see any other fishmen but he did see humans and a strange sheep creature that stood on two legs. His feral instincts went raging for a moment before he brought them under control. Now confident that he could keep his urges under wraps, he strolled into town to get the jist of the place.

Minna was getting nowhere most people here were either too poor or too scared of her forceful personality that people walked by her without so much as a glance "Fuck me, I thought this would be easier to get done" Minna thought to herself sighing to herself before noticing a weird man walking towards "Ah perfect" Minna said to herself as she jumped down off the barrel and picked it up noticing that it was slightly heavier than it was although she chalked it up to her being hungry rather than a dwarf sneaking into the barrel "Hello good sir, I noticed you were sorely lacking in the weapons department and I was wondering if you would be so welcome as to have a look at some of my wares" Minna said with smile as she ran over to Taltal and placed the barrel down "All these babies of mine have been amazingly hand crafted by myself and they are going at a special I-Just-Got-Here-and-I-Need-Money Price" Minna said to the man excitedly before she popped open the barrel and started rummaging through it

"Now you don't look much like a close range fighter, so I think this girl of mine should fit you perfectly" Minna said as she pulled out a cannon that one would find on ship, just miniaturized to be carried by someone "This beauty is Ms. Frizzle, she's amazing but quite simple to use, she acts exactly like any cannon you would find on- screw let me show you" Minna said as she looked down the barrel and saw that she was pre-loaded and then pointed her towards the sea "So you just point her at whatever you want blown up, then you press this button here on the side" Minna said as she pressed the button and it launched the ball out of it with a massive KABOOM and straight into the sea as well as launching Minna right onto her butt "Man she's still got some kick. So how do you like her? She goes for around 100000 Beli and the balls go for about 1000" Minna explained as she picked herself off the ground

Last edited:
Big Seed
The town of Big Seed had already been awake and active well before dawn, as their schedules had to coincide exactly with that of the Super Sparrows. The settlement was located directly on the western coast of the island, with some houses and storefronts even built right onto the golden sands of the shores. All of the buildings were made from the native trees, with several rows of houses and stores encircling a region of stripped land, home to crops of countless massive, oversized sunflowers. "Sparrow Farms" was it's name, consisting of several interconnected farmhouses who all worked tirelessly to supply the Super Sparrows with a consistent source of food, allowing the species to flourish, as well as maintaining a positive relationship between the townsfolk and the birds. This relationship was what allowed the townsfolk to remain there peacefully, building large homes without being harassed by the birds who see those structures as some sort of threat, akin to the way they view pirate ships.

But it wasn't always so easy to make a home on Sparrow Island, in the past, isolated fishing villages along the rocky southern coast were the only place you'd find the settlers, out of fear of being attacked by the native species. However, after a certain point, the population of those villages grew too large, and the majority split into two separate groups; one settling along the west coast, and one along the east. The western settlers would go on to farm the native Sparrow Sunflowers, eventually transforming them into the "Big Seed" brand of giant sunflowers, which were a delicacy to the Super Sparrows. The settlers of Big Seed retained a positive relationship with those who remained along the southern coast, but not so much with the eastern settlers, who used the eastern coast as a sort of "base" for their pirate crew, the aptly named "Sparrow Pirates". Through acts that included stealing Sparrow eggs from their nests, as well as seeds from Sparrow Farms, the pirates were able to tame a small force of Super Sparrows for their own use, which the denizens of Big Seed did not approve of at all.

"Those damned pirates.. this island was supposed to be a haven from those folk!" The old man complained after recalling the history of the island to a younger, clean-shaven man who almost seemed out of place among the native villagers. He grimaced as an explosion sounded off nearby, causing a flock of Super Sparrows to erupt from the line of forest that bordered the town, and began flying in circles around the source of the sound. "And now look! We've just got em' washing up on the damn shore!" The old man frowned, storming off in the direction of the gathering of strange folk. At the same time, the other man gave a sigh and quickly walked off towards the center of town. "What do you think you're doing young lady! This is a peaceful little town we've got here! No place for things like that! You've gone and disturbed the Sparrows, I tell ya! You're not with those damned thieves sneaking about around the farms, are ya!?" He scowled at each of the individuals surrounding the stall, while a couple other villagers drew closer to the scene.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Lucid Lucid Orikanyo Orikanyo MiraAutumn MiraAutumn The Good Doctor The Good Doctor

The chamber's radius was meager and left the contestants feeling claustrophobic. Gray stone walls encased the chamber from all sides. It was an aged place that appeared to be unkempt for many years; the bricks that formed it were cracked in some places and outright missing in others. Elevated above the chambers awaited a small, but eager audience. It took some digging to find a place that would suit him. They were a more elusive group than he was familiar with and it was nothing like the arena he had grown accustomed to. The pay was small, but it paid. Inudaiki exited the door leading from the red team's arena and stepped onto the dirt floor barefooted.

The sound of the audience's roar reverberated through the battle chambers and instilled his core with furor. With grey hair and dark eyes, his opponent waited for him on the opposite side. He wore an iron cuirass and gripped a steel warhammer whose end was the size of a boar. A glimmer of arrogance flashed in his ebony eyes, yet his lips remained taut. "Thunder Child," he recalled the name the his informant had given him. His haggard and old face did not match the later part of his namesake.

"Weelcooomee ladies and gentlemen to the Ebonclad Arena! Today on the blue side, we have the man you know and love... our local 'Thunder Child!'" A red-haired women regaled somewhere from above. His opponent let out an earsplitting scream that resonated with the cheers and jeers of the audience. "And on the opposite side... we have our newcomer "Four Fang!" Inudaiki clasped his hands together and gave the audience a look-around. He would have them chanting his name soon enough.

"What will win, Steel or Claw? Will our newcomer cause an upset, or will he turn into yet another smear on our dirt-covered floor? Hope you brought your umbrella with you, because I have a feeling that this match is going to get BLOODY." The woman intoned with vigor, before pumping a fist high into the air, "LET THE MATCH BEGIN!!!"

At first glance, it appeared that he was at a massive disadvantage, he held no weapon of his own and had no protection aside from his own flesh. But, the narrow spacing had given him at least one boon, in that it would restrict the movements of his opponents warhammer. There was a worry floating in his head still, Thunder Child would not have earned his notoriety if he did not have a way around the weakness. Still, that armor of his would be difficult to get around with his bare hands.

Inudaiki dug his right foot into the floor beneath him and pushed forward with all his might. A cloud of dust blasted outwards from his heel and obscured his backside. His right arm cocked backwards and was lined up directly with his opponents skull. The man opposite of him braced themselves for the impact and heaved the hunk of metal he carried overhead. The quick response to his movement was somewhat startling; despite the outward appearance his opponent's mind worked quickly. Instead, Inudaiki feigned his punch and landed at the man's side. With a simple tilt Inudaiki sent his leg to pummel Thunder Child's back. The contact knocked the air out of his lungs and the crowd roared in response.

"Annd the first hit goes to Four Fang!!! But, can he keep up the pressure?"

The iron hammer's head fell to the ground with a thud and Inudaiki seized the opportunity to unleash an unyielding series of blows at his opponents back. The clash of flesh against metal left his knuckles buzzing, but he refused to halt the assault. Thunder Child grunted with each subsequent blow as his body swayed too and fro from the force of his punches. Finally, Inudaiki stepped backwards to regain his stamina to prepare for a second onslaught.

"Not bad." The blue side's fighter let out a thunderous laugh. Much to Inudaiki's dismay the man did not appear to be effected by his attack. Inudaiki's rush left him cornered against a wall-- he gambled that he'd be able to incapacitate his opponent enough that he'd have time to preposition. This time, he had little space to maneuver under the crushing weight of the warhammer. The weapon struck his forearms with a sickening thud which resounded crudely against the narrow walls. His front teeth dug into his lip in an attempt to distract from the intense ringing he felt in his bones.

"Now, that's what we call a crushing blow-- I wonder if our red team wagers felt that one in their wallets."

The hammer rose a second time, but now Inudaiki was keen to it. His eyes watched carefully as the weapon cleaved downwards. He relied on his instincts to drive forward and catch the staff before it came down. Thunder Child struggled to take it back briefly, before a swift kick to the gut loosened his grip and sent him driving into the wall.

"Another turn-around by Four Fang??? I don't see how Thunder Child can come back from this one."

Inudaiki sneered and drove the end of the warhammer into his opponents chest. The sound of metal beating against metal surfaced with finality.

"And with that blow, it would appear that our winner is Four Fang! All red-team wagers should report to the front-desk to receive your earnings." A parcel was dropped from above and into his palm. It included his own bounty. Inudaiki made way into the red team entrance and rubbed his forearms. It looked like it was already beginning to bruise. The first thing he planned on spending his new income on was a cold drink. The man resurfaced quietly from the Ebonclad Arena and made his way into town.

Ramses Caprine

The ocean breeze coated Ramses’ skin in a light mist of brine as he made his way down the harbor and towards town. His surroundings were largely obscured by his afro of wool, however, that made him all the more preceptive. He heard the heavy steps of the harbor workers, the idle chit chat of the fishermen, and even the subtle scuttling of crabs below the wooden planks he stood on. What Ramses did not expect to hear was the harsh sound of something or someone swimming straight through the ocean’s violent waves. His head swiveled as he focused in on the sound growing ever closer to the island. Then it emerged. Ramses watched with laser focus as the massive bright orange fishman stepped out of the ocean’s embrace and onto a nearby shore. His prays had been answered. He wouldn’t waste this opportunity. With uncaring enthusiasm, the mink ran back down the harbor and towards the burly fishman.

The shore was a graceful arc of sand, glittering under the morning sun, a place for a placid ocean to lap. The waves rolled in with a soothing sound, the salty water a brief flurry of sand. Ramses continued his full sprint towards the fishman leaving the harbor behind him.

“HEY, YOU WAIT UP!” he called as he waved his furry arms above his head.

Suddenly in the distance, the shell shocking sound of an explosion reverberated through the air. This caught Ramses’ attention for a moment and caused him to stop in his tracks. Second later the sound was followed by the high pitch whine that almost sounded like a voice passing overhead. The voice disappeared as quickly as he heard it but not before something splashed down into the ocean. Ramses took a second to ponder the strange chain of events.

“I wonder what that could have been,” he muttered to himself.

Rurnur Rurnur The Good Doctor The Good Doctor MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Fahlia Elberry
Although the abundance of weapons within the barrel was incredible, none seemed to be fit for someone of her size. As expected to be honest... She thought to herself with a sigh. Well, she was glad she took a glance anyway, even if it was just to examine the various kinds of weapon out there. Just as she was ready to leave, loud footsteps and the powerful voice above her suddenly approached, with giant hands quickly approaching her. Panicking, she dove into an opening in the barrel without a second thought, colliding with a metallic clang. She was lucky she didn't accidentally slice herself open in all honesty. As she attempted to rise, the sudden jerks of movement plopped her back on her butt. Deciding to just wait till the movement was over, considering dashing out seemed more dangerous, Fahlia noticed she was sitting on the handle of a huge gun, right beside a cannon-like weapon.

Curiously, she began to explore a little, perhaps there were salvageable items around here. However, not long after her decision, the barrel hit the ground with a thud and was opened abruptly. Luckily, she had managed to dash inside the frontal opening of the cannon just before the lid was peeled off. Personally, she thought she was quite safe. With the hundreds of weapons here, what were the chances of this one weapon being chosen? There was a chance the customer was just browsing too. Unfortunately the odds were not in her favour, as the booming voice above her began trying to sell a powerful cannon. Although Lia attempted to scurry out of the cannon, as the weapon was picked up she slid inwards, falling on top of a preloaded cannon ball. When the merchants storm-blue eyes peered in, Fahlia thought she was utterly done for, but perhaps due to the shadows, she wasn't found.

But, things did not end there. As the opening swivelled round to show the sea rather than the sky, Fahlia could deduce what was going to happen next. Desperately, her demise literally looking her in the eye, she began scurrying/climbing out of the weapon, just as a powerful impact striked her rear. She could feel the shattering of her bones, or at least, what felt like it. The close proximation of the explosion left a painful ringing in her ears, as she was literally flung far across the sea. "GYAAAAAAAA!" A tiny scream of fear and agony could be heard if one listened closely, perhaps mistaken by the sound of the explosion. The whiplash from penetrating the seas surface did not help her situation either, as her consciousness suddenly faded to black.

A tiny figure could be seen floating atop the ocean, slowly drawn to the shore by inland waves.

Lucid Lucid The Good Doctor The Good Doctor (Site of landing nearby), Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Orikanyo Orikanyo (Site of fire nearby)

If you just want to read what's relevant to other characters, fast forward down and there will be a clearly marked section with bold centered text. Otherwise, enjoy the long post lol.

Desh "The Chef" Korokoro

The smell of fresh breakfast filled the "Thatch Spoon" with hearty maple bacon, hot oil frying eggs and slow melting cheese, but the final element was yet to come. The most important one, two oven fresh rolls, the most holy of holy food stuffs slapped on the triple wide griddle with a touch of cinnimon butter spread across, adding a divine aroma to the mix. Even Desh had to admit it was mouthwatering, and the two customers behind him at the bar agreed (as their mouths literally overflowed like a waterfall over cliffside).

"WATCH IT" *WACK* *SLAP*

"What the hell!!!" exclaims the drooling customer on the left.

"What's the meaning of this?" asks the one on the right.

"Keep drooling on my bar and I'll hit you with more than the spoon!" threatens Darmy the Mixer from atop the bar behind Desh.

"Sorry... But that's no way to deal with customers old lady" follows the right side man.

"OLD??? " *WACK* *SLAP*

"I didn't even say anything!!!!" yells the left side customer, holding his red, throbbing hand, tears streaming down his face as the elder jumps from the bar to the back end next to Korokoro at the griddle.

"Shank Shank style" begins Desh, voice low and serious, causing the two customers to recoil in fear, cutting off left side's tears, his mind racing. That perhaps Darmy's gonna use her goon to beat us up, him with his rumored devil fruit....

"Finger spatula" continues the deadpan cook, unaware of the scare given by his low grumbling, flipping the bread with a spatula shaped blade as the two exhale with relief.

Stacking the cheese draped eggs and bacon onto the lightly fried bread, Desh tops it with a spice blend and a dash of sweetened tomato salsa. Bringing the upper half of each roll to the top of the pile and pressing down with a crunch the two sandwiches sit completed on a pair of simple white plates slid across to the duo.

"Is that sanitary... Using um... The spatula from your finger?" asks the one on the left, testing his luck. In the question's wake a silence forms as Desh looks to the man blankly, holding the finger and it's connected spatula to his front and up as if analyzing it for bacteria.

*Thump Thump..... THUMP THUMP...... THUMP THUMP....." Slams the heart of left side as right side scoots down one seat, done with his friends antagonist ways, his mind racing with thoughts like"Why would he ask that, what an idiot, this big dude has a devil fruit, it's over for us a...."

"Yes" answers Desh, withdrawing the spatula back into his finger, turning back to the griddle to clean its surface. With nothing more to complain about, the two customers look at one another, shrug and take their first bite with Desh beginning the side dishes in the foreground.

"Its...... Its so....... IT'S SO GOOD" exclaim the two men in perfect unison, tears streaming down their faces in identical squiggly lines, taking their second and third bites in time immeasurable due to shortness, bringing the ghost of a smile to the face of the stoic chef. If anything would make him smile (while not drunk) it was when his cooking was complimented in such a heartfelt way.

*BANG* comes a noise from outside, just as the thin cut home fries begin their oil bath on the griddle, causing Grandma Darmy to perk up, her head on a swivel.

"PIRATES?" she exclaims!

"PIRATES?" answer the two men like parrots repeating a word.

"Hmmmm.... Pirates" mulls Desh, sprinkling some salt onto the home fries.

"Go look you moron idiot, idiot oaf!" yells Darmy, slapping Desh in the hand with her wooden spoon, bringing forth a stream of tears from he too, joining in with the still crying customers.

"My hand.... How will I fight!!!!" exclaims the giant man, clutching his red swollen hand with a grimace as he falls to a knee.

"With your left hand you idiot! Now go! Make sure the Thatch doesn't get blown up you moving target."

"But the home fries!"

"I'll handle them"

"No anything but that please don't let her cook!!!" say the customers, once again in unison.

"Why not?" asks Darmy, brandishing her spoon, a devilish look in her eyes.

"N-Nevermind" they stutter, focusing instead on the sandwich in their grasp rather than the sure-to-be-burned home fries in their future.

Mostly relevant to other characters
Grunting, Desh stands and walking from the bar he nods at the two men. Thanking them in his own quiet way for their compliments, and hoping for their sake that the 10/90 ratio of good to bad food cooked by Darmy would work out in their favor, perhaps they would be of the lucky few. For now though, Desh had to make sure the town was safe. He wasn't much of a fighter but he was a big dude with a Devil Fruit power, many low level pirates would up and leave if they saw that kind of person, even if they would win in an actual fight. Sometimes a loud bark is just as good as a strong bite.

Upon leaving the Spoon though, it's clear that business moves as usual, all aside from an extremely small woman holding a canon far too heavy for her frame.

"What strength...."

Beside her stood another person, a man with a horn on his head.

"What strangeness...."

Walking up to the two, Desh puts a fist to his mouth, clearing his throat.

"Excuse me but please watch the Canon fire, if not for us, for the Super Sparrows" he asks, a finger raised to the sky and the curious birds above.

"So cool to look at" he thinks in awe of the creatures, picturing himself riding one like a little child on the back of a miniature horse.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer
Orikanyo Orikanyo

The explosion had rattled the surrounding Fauna so bad that some of them were erupting from the forest and squawking like crazy. Wanting to see what the problem was about, Jonathan walked forward to the origin of the explosion. He had to make his way through a few people to get to the sound's origin, making sure not to cut them with his placoid scales as to not add to the pandemonium. The villagers were out and about now, scolding some people who had been disturbing the peace. In his attempt to bob and weave through the crowd, he heard a small voice calling out to him. This caused the rather large fishman to turn around and see what the source of the sound was. Using a bit of common sense, he looked down for the voice since it didn't sound like a burly guy and was surprised to see that it was the sheepman he was contemplating eating just a few moments ago.

"Hello there strange sheepman. I have never seen anything like you. What exactly are y-" He got cut off by another explosion and his eyes darted upward, seeing a small figure rocket towards the sea. Thinking quickly, he turned towards the sheepman and took off his knapsack. "Can you watch this for me, I need to help whoever that is!" The fishman tossed his belongings to the small guy before him before running full speed towards the ocean. He even tossed his sandals to the side so that less things were slowing him down. Whatever that was didn't look like much of a swimmer. Drowning on such a beautiful day like this would suck so I won't let them die like this! With his thoughts spurring him on, the fishman jumped into the air and plunged into the water once more. Sharks have the ability to smell blood in the water for up to 3 miles away and he used this ability to sniff the person out.

It turned out that the girl was actually pretty tiny. If he was a regular human, she would have been able to fit in his hand but this was sadly not the case. Jon held her by her shirt as he flipped on his back, keeping her out of the water. His torso and legs were now exposed to the sunlight and this is where he placed the girl so that she could recover a little while he used his powerful legs to swim towards the shore. Jonathan didn't know what to say exactly so he said nothing at all throughout the entire swim. The sunlight was getting a bit annoying so he placed his head underwater so that he could see better. I hope that sheepman didn't run off with my stuff. I can smell him out if he decides to do something stupid! Shaking the negative thoughts out of his head, he placed the girl in his shirt pocket as he walked up the shore. I hope that sheepman knows something about providing medical assistance. She is too small for me to provide mouth to mouth or something like that.

Scarecrow

A small sailing boat manned by a single drunk fisherman floated peacefully on the waves. He took a swig from his flask and noticed something in the distance. Some sort of floating T shape. He raised his binoculars to get a better look, and his mouth fell agape spilling his swig. He saw a scarecrow being carried across the sea by gulls.

Scarecrow was having a great day! He’d seen so many new things! He’d fallen into the ocean and had seen fish! Fish were basically underwater birds! Amazing! Their wings were so tiny! Although they didn’t seem as much up for talking as birds, and moving underwater was very hard, so he’d promised these nice gull a cob of corn from his pocket in exchange for giving him a lift. “To the edge of the world!” He shouted excitedly. It was then that a cannonball flew past, and gave the gulls such a start that they dropped him into the ocean.

He floated up to the shallows of the beach, and submerged underwater once more gurgled something along the lines of “How exciting! Crowcrowcrowcrowcrow!

Minna smiled internally at the suddenness of the crowd around "Excuse me horn boy, I'll get right back to you" Minna said as she gently laid Ms. Frizzle onto the ground "Yeah, yeah sorry about the gulls, Mr. Cook person and pirates you say? Give me a hot sec" Minna said before diving into her barrel and pulled out a dark blue sword with what looked like a lantern in between the blade and the hilt "This baby of mine is called Night Slicer, she is quite a simple weapon, she is a double edge sword and sharp to boot" Minna said as she turned around to the farmer and showed him the blade "So pretty simple so far, yes? Now here's where it gets unique, so you know how when your fighting in the dark and your carrying a lantern which goes, so Night Slicer has a lantern built into it" Minna said with a smile "Now this beauty can be yours for a discounted price 99999 Beli, if you want it, just give me a yell" Minna said as she put the weapon back into the barrel and turned back to Desh

"Once again my apologies I literally just arrived here in a barrel so I don't know much about this place" Minna said with a slight bow "Now your a big guy and you look like you use or fists a lot so..." Minna started before diving back into her barrel of weapons and pulling out tons of different weapons muttering to herself "No, these aren't it, the other smiths never liked them-aha nope, bloody basta-AH, here they are" Minna then brought out two metal gloves "These two sweeties are Mary" Minna held up the left glove "and Jane. They are MJ together, so the insides are lined with leather so you don't feel the backlash of the punches other than that MJ is just that simple and because that's the case I think I could let her go for a measly 55999 Beli" Minna said as she checked the size of the gauntlets compared to his hands "Yep those will fit you nicely" Minna finished with a smile before moving back to her barrel and started yelling out prices of her weapons

Rurnur Rurnur , Jet Jet

Sasha was in the nearby library when she heard the explosion.

"Come again!" The librarian smiled and waved as Sasha happily walked out, a fresh book under her hands. The librarian had given her a discount for trading in her old weapons manual, and Sasha had picked up a new book on famous marksmen. It was always interesting to learn about anything related to her pair of pistols. As she walked out of the store, however, preparing to head over to the Thatch Spoon for breakfast, a loud explosion rocked the island, and Sasha watched as what seemed like the cook walk out of the restaurant and towards the edge of the island. She had only been on this island for a day, but it seemed like this wasn't a normal occurrence. Intrigued, she followed the cook towards the dock.

It seemed as if a crowd had already started gathering there, some berating a small figure holding a large weapon, others simply there to find out what was going on. Sasha, thrilled by the sight of unique weapons, took a closer look at them, then determined that she had no idea what half of them could do. Deciding she could ask the small figure later about the weapons when she had less people on her hands, she walked around the gaggle of people and headed out to the docks. Her small dinghy was there, so hopefully it wasn't damaged....

To her relief, it wasn't. But as she looked past the boats, she saw another weird thing on the shore. A soft gurgling voice, coming from a sinking wet scarecrow. Sasha frowned. "Hello?" She called out. The scarecrow were slowly approaching the shoreline, so Sasha decided it would be worth getting a bit wet to pull it out. It wasn't every day a talking scarecrow washed ashore. Throwing her belt of dual pistols onto her own raft, she dove into the water and pulled the scarecrow out first, tossing him onto the sand. As she plopped it onto the sand to dry, she stared at it curiously.

She looked first at the scarecrow. "Hello? Can you hear me? You were just floating there, so I thought maybe you needed some help. But- you're also a scarecrow?"

pbtenchi pbtenchi Jet Jet

Last edited:

Ramses Caprine

The mink smiled as the brightly colored fishman turned around and acknowledged him. Now that Ramses was closer he could get a better look at the creature that had casually emerged from the sea. He wondered if that man was someone who would consider the possibility of adventure. As the large man opened his mouth Ramses caught a glimpse of several rows of sharp teeth.

"Hello, there strange sheepman. I have never seen anything like you. What exactly are y-" the fishman began to speak but trailed off as his head turned skyward. His eyes moved as if they were tracking something flying overhead. As Ramses turned his gaze to the sky he found himself perplexed. There was nothing but Super Sparrows flying overhead. Ramses looked back to the fishman and began to make an inquiry but was cut off before he could say a single word.

"Can you watch this for me, I need to help whoever that is!" he said with a voice of urgency. Ramses didn’t even have time to respond before the fishman dumped a large bag into his arms.

“Help? Who needs help? Hey, wait! Come back here!” Ramses shouted as the Fishman ran back towards the shoreline.

If there was someone in danger Ramses wanted to help in any way possible. The sheep mink took off after the vibrant fishman. The shark-toothed stranger had covered lots of ground but after a couple of minutes spent searching the beach he spotted the fishman again. Ramses walked towards the fishman who held a certain concerned look on his face.

“Where’d you run off too?! And who needs help?” Ramses inquired.

Rurnur Rurnur The Good Doctor The Good Doctor MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Desh Korokoro

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

"Hmmmm...."

"Hmmmmmmmmm...."

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...."

Mulls Desh, hand to chin as the saleswoman saleswomans, displaying a couple weapons for sale, the first a deadly blade, the second a sick pair of metal fighting gloves.

"So cool!" thinks the cook excitedly, stoic expression despite the impression, hand lowering as Mary-Jane returns to sender.

"Hmm" Korokoro adds, short on words as hand returns to beard, his mind processing a counter-offer. After all, wandering merchants were always open to bartering, no prices were ever final when dealing with such people.

"They are very cool gloves indeed!" begins the oaf, left fist meeting the outstretched palm of his right hand.

"I will purchase them!"

"For ten thousand!" concludes the cook with confidence, sure that his reasonable counter offer would be accepted. Who could say no to a 85% discount?

"I'm a cook, not a fighter, why do I want metal fighting gloves anyway that doesn't make any sense" comes an almost divine voice from the back of his mind, reminding him that the purchase was completely useless. "But they're metal fists!" counters his other half, equally powerful and just as resonant. Turning to the side Desh faces the sea, torn on what to do, gritting his teeth with indecision. Would he buy the gloves? Would he pass on them? Fate would have to decid---

"NOOOOOOOO!" comes a scream of pure horror from the The Thatch Spoon, piercing into the heavens, causing a couple of fish to rise from the shallows, dead from the noise.

"That damn Darmy! Burning potatoes after how many years..." murmers Desh with shifting focus.

"I'll be at the Thatch if you'd like to sell me those gloves! THE SCREAMS OF MY CUSTOMERS CANNOT GO IGNORED!" trail the words of the running cook, making haste to the Thatch Spoon to see what fresh hell his boss had created.

0007-3bac66cf1.jpg

"EATEATEATEAT You dumb idiot idiot morons, can't recognize good home fries when you see them huh?" barks Darmy from atop the bar, waving her spoon at the two now green faced and unresponsive customers.

"DARMY!"

"IDIOT!"

"What.... How did you.... What even is that?"

"HOME FRIES!"

"But where are the potatoes?"

"Blind AND dumb are you?" replies the mixologist, giving Desh cause to palm his face as he walks behind the bar with a hanging head.

"You're cooking is poison.... I'll whip up something for them, on the house" mutters Korokoro, pulling the sludge plate from the bar and into the bin, porcelain included.

"That's coming out of your paycheck!" Darmy digs, callous as can be as she dismounts the bar, walking to the back room.

"Hmmmm..." mulls the cook in reply, collecting ingredients from the icebox at his feet.

Last edited:
ALEXANDER LOVEGRAVE

Grave sat in his seat with a date that never came. To be specific a date he has not yet procured to be more specific. He was scouting the area to see what kinda babes they had in this little village; it wasn't like he would be leaving soon anyway.

"Flat, cranky, crazy, flat and crazy...," Grave said with a hand propped up on his chin as he stirred his water, with lemon. (He was cheap, but he was also fancy.) He would allow his judgmental gaze wonder around the entire establishment, attempting to ignore this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen, or was happening at this very moment. He had thought he heard the words pirates, but then shook his head. If they were the pirates he was looking for they wouldn't have used such a generic term. Moreover, he had no need to stick his neck out for a town that would quickly be in his rear view if all went according to plan.

"Eh, she's pretty cute...for a light post," Grave said as he awaited his food. He sighed as he recollected on how he wound up in such a place. He was taking part in a funeral at sea. Some poor widow had lost her husband after a short marriage. Alexander was hired to play some music; however, they quickly turned against him for no reason at all. Well, perhaps their was a little problem with his actions. He asked the widow out to dinner. They should have been grateful that he was such a nice guy. Grave took it upon himself to replace the pain in her heart by dating her. It was a monumental task that few could undertake; alas, he was unappreciated in his own time. One thing laid to another and he was floating to shore in a coffin that he stole. He was certain the previous tenant wouldn't mind that he had taken residence. Because of the birds, the angry family and friends could not follow.

"Ahh Esperanza, I will never forget you...or was it Eleanor? Whatever, a toast to that woman on that one ship," he said as he toasted to himself. He really could have gone for some sake to be honest, but it was probably too early...probably. That was when the chef, at least the chef at the time, tried to get the customers to eat some strange...substance? That was really the only word to describe it. How could someone make something so foul with the intentions of it being good? Alex doubted that you could even make a poison as deadly as the food that was being served. Just as Alex was going to dine and dash the other guy, the big one returned. With any luck he would fix the entire situation.

"...Yo, do you know what's going on outside. We're not getting attacked are we," Alex asked flatly. If they were; in fact, under attack he would have to pack up his things and leave.

Jet Jet

It had just turned noon when Jacob drifted into the town of Big Seed on a ship made of a particularly large piece of wreckage, piled high with assorted fish carcasses. This wasn't his usual method of travel, but considering how hungry those birds were, he shuddered to imagine what would have happened if he hadn't had plenty of meat to feed them. Now that he was on dry land, the first order of business was obvious: get some money. With only 2 real skills, his only real option was to find the nearest fishmonger, catch some fish, and sell them to said fishmonger. He didn't have to search too long, the smell of fish in the noonday sun was easy enough to find.

"Hello fishmonger! Do you want some fresh fish?", Jacob asked with the friendliest smile he could muster as he walked towards the stall.

The man behind the counter blinked before narrowing his eyes at the stranger, "I think you'll find I have the freshest fish in Big Seed, and I don't appreciate your implication that I don't have any."

"Woah," Jacob said, raising his arms in front of him in what he hoped was a placating gesture, "I was just saying that I was going fishing soon, and was wondering if you'd want to buy my haul."

"I don't deal with amounts below 100kg." The fishmonger said, hoping to end the conversation then and there.

"Deal." Jacob replied before leaving, leaving the confused man behind as he went back to his 'ship'.

Using one of the larger carcasses as a paddle, he went out to just where it became ocean and readied his harpoon and rope, it was a sheer stroke of luck that they floated near his wreckage when he recovered from the Marines unprovoked attack. It was time to go to work. Centering himself, he sensed where the biggest fish were and let his harpoon fly. It didn't take him long before he had amassed over 2 tons of fish. Calling deciding to stop there before he sunk his 'ship', he paddled back to approximately where the fishmonger was and presented his haul.

"I don't believe it. How on earth did you catch this many fish that quickly at this time of day?"

"I'm just good at it, I suppose." Jacob said, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment,"How much will you give me for the lot?"

The man paused before having a closer look at the haul, "Considering that the harpoon you used has shredded a fair chunk of the meat, and how late in the day it is... How's 40000 sound?"

"Excellent, a pleasure doing business with you."

With his pockets heavy, Jacob pondered what to do next, "I should probably find an inn, and then find a ship to sign onto. Which first though?" He looked down at his body, covered in fish blood. "Inn first."

Scarecrow

After being retrieved from the water, the scarecrow lay motionless on the soft sand. Long enough to make Sasha realize she was crazy for thinking a scarecrow could talk, and then suddenly and without warning blew a stream of shiny bubbles straight up into the air, launching up from the ground into a double cartwheel and landing standing perfectly straight up on his pole.

A scarecrow am I! That is what I am! At your service! Thanks for pulling me out! Crowcrowcrow!” he said with a flourish and a bow.

He adjusted his hat and looked around at his surroundings, looking left to right, just taking everything in. He hopped around the beach a little. After a while, he turned back to look at Sasha and spoke.

"You're a person, right? I'm not quite sure what that is. You don't look like a fish. Might be a big bird of some kind." He hopped around, trying to get a better look at Sasha, and trying to see if she had any feathers or scales.

"
I've got it! You have hair! You must be a type of squirrel." The scarecrow seemed satisfied with this conclusion, finally categorizing Sasha. Scarecrow knew squirrels, rarer visitors to the field than birds but visitors nonetheless.

"
What's to see in the area? Or hear? Anything exciting or worth seeing? I can pay you in corn." he said without slowing down. Scarecrow definitely marched to his own peculiar beat.

Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

Chef DK

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

Knife tapping away, Desh cuts through a bright medly with practiced speed, crafting fresh fruit salads for the men at the bar, hoping to counter Darmy's abomination with a healthy antidote. One after another DK raised fruit to board, the tapping of blades accompanied by the fragrance of fruits fresh picked from a farm. Soon the mix piled high on two plates, one arranged in a blossoming flower pattern of pineapple, mango and melon with grape and wild berry accents, the other a Pyramid composed of the same ingredients, both topped with a dollip of cream and a light sea salt sprinkle.

"Yo, do you know what's going on outside. We're not getting attacked are we?" comes a voice from behind, shifting Desh's focus from the food to the new guy. Turning from the cutting board with the two salads in hand, Korokoro slides them to the customers and leaning forward on the bar he replies.

"No, just a saleswoman without a filter firing off her wares for show. Not much for violence around these parts thank the Seas" comes the answer, soon overshadowed by the two buffoons now yelling from the bar.

"I'M ALIIIIIIIVE!"

"ME TOO!"

"I THOUGHT...."

"I DID TOO!"

"THAT IT WAS!"

"OVER!"

Opine the duo in an alternating pattern, their poisoned bodies woken by the scent and revitalized by the taste of ripe fruit salad. As the two wolf down their plates the cook wipes down the bar with a white rag and turning eyes back to Alex he continues on.

"Anything for you? We've got several breakfast specials and Darmy might not be a good cook but her drinks are the best in the South" proposes Desh, backdropped by the horrifying sound of fruit being gorged by the pound.

LazyDaze LazyDaze

Last edited:
Sasha waited for a moment, gently pulling water out of her long dark brown hair and clothes and watching the motionless scarecrow as it dried on the beach. Had she just been imagining things? She needed a drink. She turned around and began heading back towards the restaurant when she heard the scarecrow speak. She turned back around just in time to watch the scarecrow sumersault twice and land straight up. The scarecrow promptly introduced himself as a scarecrow and thanked her for the rescue. "Not a problem, dear." She found herself smiling at such an absurd spectacle.

The scarecrow proceeded to incorrectly guess her species and offer to pay her with corn in exchange for information. Sasha gave a light chuckle, then gave a slight bow back. "Sasha Holliday, at your service. I only just came to this island as well, but I know of a restaurant I had been meaning to eat at. Would you like to come with me? I was just heading there when I saw you." Sasha rested a hand on her hip and looked the scarecrow up and down. "Er- do you have a name besides Scarecrow?"

pbtenchi pbtenchi

Last edited:
Jacob had been searching for about half an hour before he gave up, unlike a fishmonger, inns didn't have a distinctive smell to follow. He would have asked a passerby for directions, but they all seemed to be avoiding him for some unexplained reason. It definitely had nothing to do with him being covered in blood. He would just have to find someone who couldn't avoid him, like a restaurant or something.

As he was thinking this, he noticed he was walking past a restaurant called the "Thatch Spoon". Deciding to take that as a sign, he walked in proclaiming, "I require assistance!"

LazyDaze LazyDaze Jet Jet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back