• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece - Alternate Frontier [IC] [Always OPEN!]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Captain's log:
Time: morningish
Mood: Oh.
Craving: Quiet.

John D Drake
John gave a blank look as several of the other men drew their rifles. He picked up his staff, looked at one, pointed the end and calmly said, "One ton hammer." His staff shot out with a deafening crack and hit its target in the gut. He then proceeded to go flying out the window and over one of the buildings, vanishing. He blinked as the staff returned back to its original size a moment after he had shot it back and looked at Markest, then pointed his staff at him, "Want to see 10 tons?" He asked, no malice in his voice, just a sort of nonchalant, 'Oh I guess this is happening.' tone. John kept the staff aimed at the main as he calmly stepped between him and Lars. "You can shoot me but that won't do much good." He blinked and tilted his head, "But I'm sure you were just kidding about wanting to take in a future crewman of mine, right?" He looked to the group, "You all are looking for a ship, right?"

Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
ChazGhost ChazGhost
animegirl20 animegirl20
Aurum Aurum
LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

From a rather small ship on the open ocean echoed,"Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho," a sea shanty. The sails were drawn in, and the body was being tossed around by the waves like a rag doll. Two people presided inside the dinghy, swaying back and forth with the current. One of them was a man, sitting down and watching his friend. The friend being a woman, standing and singing. Next to the man were multiple wooden boxes filled to the brim with rations and other goods. "Our funny traveling tale!" The woman stopped singing. "Bravo Bin," the man cheered as he stood up on the boat. "Thank you, thank you," Bin said, giving an exaggerated bow, "be careful Aki, don't want to knock over our supplies." Aki dismissed Bin's concerns with a wave. He wasn't so careless as to knock over expensive supplies. "Splash!" sounded the boxes as many of them fell overboard. "Darn," Aki said, looking at the boxes float away. If Bin could push her companion into the water, she would. But sadly, the man had the center of gravity of a gorilla. It was practically impossible for her to move him. He didn't even need to take a stance oddly enough. So, she settled with verbally berating him. "Are you an idiot? That was at least a month's worth of rations gone. Do you know how hard it is to make money or find people willing to give us stuff? God, I wish I had brought another friend with me. How come you didn't tell me you couldn't swim before we got on the boat?"

Aki stayed silent, listening to her criticism. He was ashamed of himself, but what could he do? "I'm sorry," Aki apologized, "I'll try to make up for it the next time we land." He put his hands up in a pleading way. "Please accept my apology." He got a swift kick in the head for his efforts. He was slightly pushed to the side, tilting the boat. "Apology accepted," Bin said, huffing as she sat down, "it's too bad we don't know where or when we're going to land." They were relatively lost at the moment. Of course, they knew they were somewhere in the East Blue, but they had no idea where any islands were. "Maybe I should've brought your sibling. They seemed more talented at navigation than you are right now." Aki glared for a moment before leaning back and nodding. "Yeah, maybe." Moments pass as they sat back and stared at the clouds.

"I'm bored."
"Want me to sing this time?"
"Sure."

Last edited:
LARS GATLINGHEIM
location- the south blue: arimiti island tavern
Oh no. Things were looking bad. Definitely bad. Guns had been drawn, and the Markest fellow had pointed his own gun at him, stating his intentions to take him in. It was at that moment that his tough-guy act failed; no amount of bluffing could keep him out of a gunfight for long.

Fortunately, John had stepped between him and the Markest fellow, staff drawn. Lars nodded in response to his question, though not in agreement. "I'd suggest we get out of here before we continue our, ah... recruitment talks," he said, not just to John, but to the others who had requested a position on a crew.

To the Markest fellow, he said, "Look, friend, I really don't think you should waste your time with me. Uh... the reports of my bounty were greatly exaggerated. If you want a bounty that's worth your time and effort, I'd suggest going after... someone other than me."

( Airagog Airagog animegirl20 animegirl20 Aurum Aurum Blackvelvet Blackvelvet ChazGhost ChazGhost LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971 )
(note- i should stop going to sleep holy crap i missed a lot)​

Emma looked at August surprised she wasn’t expecting that. If she was correct that meant he was under shichibukai status. She was about to say something but August started talking again and she realized he already knew who she was. She crossed her arms. She wondered if he would still do that if ever tried to make advances and she denied it. She wasn’t to empressed she had heard that line before. She smiled, “Keep up? I bet I could out drink you. Haven’t had a man beat me yet and thier suppose to have a higher tolerance for it.” Emma ordered another drink and started to chug it but stopped when she heard a whisper coming from August. He seemed to think a fight might break out and he wanted her to stay by him if he did. “I’m quite capable of handling my own you know.” Why would she need help from him? He who she was so why offer it?

She noticed he’s eyes were on the bounty hunter. She watched him as well. She counted predicting the moment he would take his gun out and aim it. “1, 2, 3, kick” That should of been the moment she kicked the gun out of his hands but he wasn’t aiming at her. But there was another gun aiming her way. She looked over beside her to see a guy aiming a gun at her head with a paper in hand. Had her face and the bounty on it. She stared blankly at him for a moment then kicked the gun out of his hand and caught it. She then aimed it at him and smiled. “Paper please?” She held out her hand. He gave it to her and threw the gun back at him. “Thanks! You can have this back now.” He gave her a confused look to why she would just hand him back the gun when he could easily shoot her now. She looked at the flyer paying the man no mind. Well she was actually she had her ears open listening for even the slightest of movements. She folded the flyer and put it in her pouch. Emma looked over to see the scene with bartender and August. She wasn’t to surprise it was a stupid a move on bartender’s side. She went reach for drink but suddenly felt herself get pulled away into August. She surprisingly did not hear or see that coming. She was a bit flustered by it. “N-now wait a min-“ She was cut off again and was starting to get annoyed. And it was starting to show on her face. She wasn’t known to show annoyance on her face with out backed up by a certain unbreakable convindence. When John asked the other ms about looking for a ship she nodded.
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
ChazGhost ChazGhost
Aurum Aurum
Airagog Airagog

Thing were getting better by the second. She didn't have much time to be amazed by the fact that the guy with the swords was with the sichibukai, before every bounty hunter in the room turned, weapons out, to face them.
She jumped down from her seat, now quite evident that most people were at least one head over her in height, and took a fighting stance. After John defended Lars, that bounty hunter's embarrassing defeat seemed to embolden everyone else in the bar, and they came at them. No one seemed too interested in Sariah, seeing as she had stated she had no bounty, but she got close to Lars, "If things get too crazy, I'll meet you at the docks, alright captain?", she grinned at him and then turned to a man with a sword who was now running at them. Using about 5% of her armament haki, she stopped the blade in mid air with a single hand, and kicked the man in the balls.

Markest Steel
location- Arimiti island bar

"I'd say this was a good of time as any to take him in" Markest commented to August before John stepped in front of his gun and aimed his staff at Markest. Markest wouldn't of thought much of it if John didn't launch another person out the window a few second ago. But because he Markest was going bit more weary of the kid and his staff. "Kid there are few things wrong with ya mental, I can tell but unless you want die for a man with a... What do you me exaggerated!?" Markest said at first serious but ended in annoyance as he heard Lars say he exaggerated what his bounty was. Markest then sighed before asking "What is your really bounty and by god if it's 50 beli like this loon I will shoot you in the leg" Markest said annoyed and slightly angry because he realized more or less started a soon to be shoot out in the bar for no good reason.

Aurum Aurum Blackvelvet Blackvelvet capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Airagog Airagog animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
LARS GATLINGHEIM
Lars flashed a quick thumbs-up at the enthusiastic little girl before returning to the Markest fellow. "It's just 200. OK? 200 Berry. I lied. Don't shoot me in the leg." As he talked, he gripped his flintlock pistol and began to slide it out of its holster, while removing the glove on his right hand with his teeth. The time might come when he'd have to use his Devil Fruit powers.

Captain's log:
Time: morningish
Mood: Oh.
Craving: Quiet.

John D Drake

John lifted his arm slightly so the butt of his staff could be raised until it was level with Lars's stomach, now aimed at both of them and cleared his throat, "You two should put your guns away." The rest of the patrons had since backed off, realizing that this was too much trouble for 200 berries. "Please?" He asked politely, "If you do then I'll buy you a drink. If you won't then you'll get to see what happens when I take it up to ten tons. Plus 200 berries is a really impressive bounty if you think about it, relative to the amount of people who don't have a bounty at all it's actually quite impressive." John reasoned which was logical.

Aurum Aurum
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Jordan Grace

Jordan let out an exaggerated sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Honestly, this is why you don't go around bragging about bounties... it always ends poorly. " Jordan spoke as he moved in between the two men and lazily put his hand on Markest's shoulder, his words were spoken with a nonchalant tone as though the situation didn't mean anything to him. He looked at the bounty hunter with a stern look, " And as a bounty hunter you should know better than to start a confrontation in a public place. Especially when there are multiple people who may not take kindly to someone collecting a bounty. Let this one go before we all end up with higher bounties for disturbing the peace."

ChazGhost ChazGhost
Airagog Airagog

One Piece - Alternate Frontier

• Location - East Blue: Out at Sea
    "Heh heh... yeah let's go on an adventure together! This should be great. My father always told me that adventures are more fun when you have companions with you. Anyways based on our course, I'd reckon we're almost there." For now he relaxes on his boat while rechecking his compass. The weather was pretty good today and there doesn't seem signs of a storm coming along so the trip to Reverse Mountain should be safe to course through. Of course the Grand Line was said to have thunderstorms at random and all sorts of dangerous creatures lying about. Not to mention the magnetic currents that run through.

"If it weren't for my dad telling me about the Grand Line, I would've been screwed day one," he says followed by a short hearty laugh.

Interacting with: takki takki

CS: One Piece - Alternate Frontier CS
Lore/Devil Fruit/Shichibukai Claims: One Piece - Alternate Frontier Lore

Ryden Bexin Ryden stared at Vaan in amazement. Did Vaan come from a family that is always taking a journey? If the Grand Line was full of everything he could dream of, then that sea could be paradise for him! This is the Pirate Era, and the marines are just lurking somewhere in the corner! He needs to beat those annoying marines so that his bounty would rise up. Come to think of it, I haven't told Vaan that I have a bounty... Should I tell him? Ryden asked to himself in his thought. After a quick decision, he decided to let his bounty stay hidden for as long as he can. Not only Ryden will get hunted, but Vaan will also be in danger, too.

"Yeah, I think we're almost there--" Ryden was cut in his words when he heard someone singing. It sounded faint. "Do you hear someone singing?" He asked, just to make sure he isn't hearing things. He's become impatient and couldn't wait for Vaan's answer, and so he shouted to the sea, "HEY! IS ANYONE THERE?"

( YoungX YoungX The Hero The Hero )

Markest Steel
location- Arimiti island bar

Markest gave a deep sigh. "I can't believe interrupted my drinking time to try to take in a bounty that low" Markest said fairly annoyed. "Make it two werido" Markest said to John putting his revolver away. Markest then sat back down at the bar. Markest then looked over to Jordan and said "If a person with decent bounty is gathering a crew right in front of you, it may be the last time you may get to cash in the bounty. So I took my chance. If you disagree with how a I handled it is none of my business" Markest stated calming down. Once thing began to calm back down Markest ordered another bottle of alcohol. "Next time..." Markest said directed to Lars. "...You try recruiting new people to your crew make sure to do something. Don't bring up your bounty unless your in private not with earshot of others. Also don't exaggerate yourself or bounty, no one likes liars".

LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971 Airagog Airagog capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

As the crowd calmed down and spread back to their seats, the figure of Sariah holding a grown and angry looking man over her head with a determined smile was revealed to Lars and the others. Realizing the fight was probably not going to continue, she blinked, looked around, and cleared her throat. "Oops. I gues it's over", she commented with a little laugh, before gently laying the man down on the floor. "Sorry fella. I got a little carried away back there", she smiled apologetically and headed back to her seat by the bar. She looked at the bartender again and tried her best serious voice impression, which sounded about as funny as you'd imagine, "so, about that burger...".

"Singing? Actually yeah I think I do...," he says as he looks out to the sea. "Maybe somethings there hold on let me check." He takes out a small telescope as he extends it outward. From there he puts his right eye into it as he scopes out the area. Someone just singing out in the middle of the sea usually relates to the legend of sirens but there certainly weren't sirens, at least not in the East Blue from what he knew.

"You think it's a siren? I've heard about them but wouldn't that be a bad thing?"

Interacting with: takki takki The Hero The Hero

"Shut up," Bin hushed, kicking Aki in the shin, "I think I heard something." She looked around as Aki sat down, rubbing his shin. "I'm pretty sure someone called out to us." Her friend raised an eyebrow. She almost broke his shin and stopped his amazing rendition of the sea shanty for a hunch. He would have spoken out, but he was certain that would lead to him receiving another blow. What a violent friend he had made. The young man reminisced over his time on the island when he heard a sudden shout from his companion. "There!" Bin shouted, pointing to two boats in the distance. "I'm sure those boats yelled at us from the distance."

Aki had so many questions like why did she assume the boats were calling out to her? What if the boats were calling out to each other and just converged? These thoughts raced through his mind as he unfurld the sails and steered towards the two boats.

Ryden Bexin "A siren? Well, they're very dangerous. I heard that they used to seduce sailors with their singing and illusions, and finally go in for the kill once the sailors got close enough." Ryden said what appeared in his head. He mischievously smiled and already put both his hands on each sword. He scanned the sea, until he saw a lone boat going to where they are. He released his grip on the swords, which was still sheathed, and waved to the boat coming towards them. "Over here!" He shouted.

"That's probably where the singing was coming from." Ryden elbowed Vaan, and he asked him with a curious and impatient look in his eyes, "Are we close to the island yet?"

Out At Sea: East Blue...
A small ship sailed through the waters on the East Blue. The ship seemed to be in fair condition but still would probably capsize if a decent sized wave hit it. Stretched out on the deck of the small boat was a girl with red hair. The ship was pretty small so the mass rested between her thighs and her head was propped up on the bow. "Ugh.... So hungry" She said to herself as if someone was going to make her a meal, but there was no one else on her ship and she didn't have any sort of food. Her ship drifted slowly as the sun beat down on her face. She grunted as a bit of water splashed up onto her face. She turned her head a bit and just as a small swell had passed she could now see three ships in the same vicinity. She kicked the ships rudder with her foot and turned towards them, too lazy and hungry to get up.

Her ship drifted closer to the three and she was now with in shouting distance. "Oii" She shouted out raising her hand. Her ship came in a little bit closer when a big swell hit it and flipped it over. She screamed as it did and hardly had any oxygen in her lungs when she went into the water. She struggled to get back up out of the water but her dress had gotten caught in a rusty hook on the mast and was keeping her down. Her lungs screamed for Oxygen.
The Hero The Hero takki takki YoungX YoungX

Captain's log:
Time: Daytime
Mood: Great!
Craving: Pineapple.

John D Drake

John smiled as ordered the bounty hunter two drinks and sat back down. "If'n you're looking for a ship, I need a crew. Haven't bought one yet but I do have plenty of money for it. You have to have a sense of adventure, love for danger, and a want to cause general disorder for the government, and I don't mean just killing marines or sacking towns. Oh no I'm talking about big stuff that will really get them upset. Like drawing mustaches on all of the wanted posters. Or stealing all of their pens. Just imagine it, they're working, they want to sign paperwork, and no pen! No pen anywhere! The resulting havoc would disrupt them for entire minutes! Or even better, placing a whoopie cushion underneath one of their higher ups like a vice admiral. They would be thoroughly annoyed! We would be the biggest group of low-down no-good misfits. If that sounds like the life for you then by all means sign up I need as many able bodies as I can get for the uh..." John stopped for a moment, "Scoundrel pirates! let's be the Scoundrels!" He beamed, thinking that the things he just described were actual crimes and not just minor annoyances that would just get them to be known as THOSE pirates by the marines. Overall he thought it would be fun. "Also I've gotten a head start and drew mustaches on several wanted papers in town." He said nodding, clearly proud of this accomplishment.

Aurum Aurum
ChazGhost ChazGhost
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
animegirl20 animegirl20

LARS GATLINGHEIM
Lars' pulse stopped racing and returned to normal, now that the situation had defused in a quick and easy manner. He put the glove back on his hand. "Yes, sir," he said to the Markest fellow. "I won't lie about my bounty anymore; on that, you can depend." He sat back down at the bar and ordered another ginger ale to calm his frazzled nerves, cracking a smile at the sight of the young girl lofting up a man at least twice her size. (Or so it seemed.)

After listening for a moment to John's spiel about how he thought that pen-stealing, mustache-drawing, and whoopee cushion-planting constituted major crimes against the World Government, he beckoned over the handful of people who had expressed their interest in sailing under a flag. He figured he'd have a chat with them, and possibly accept a few of their requests.

And John, too. If he snapped out of it.

Jordan Grace
Jordan watched the situation calm and blinked lazily, "Hm." He was about to resume sitting in the back when he noticed Lars beckoning him over. He walked over to the boy and sat in a seat near him, upon closer inspection, Jordan could see that Lars had been a bit off put with the bounty hunter, Jordan however was not. This wasn't the first time he'd run into bounty hunters and he was willing to bet it wouldn't be the last. "A little too much excitement?"

"Huh so at least it's not a siren," Vaan replies earnestly as he waves to the oncoming boat. Then he looks back to Ryden as he checks his map. "Well... we should be there soon. Thankfully the ride's been gracious and nothing to really stop us from doing so. Then he heard another person, or what seems to be, calling out to them. He takes out his telescope once more as he peers through it.

"A red-haired girl and her ship isn't that much good of a condition either. I think she needs help," he states as he takes his ship and changes the mast to head towards the ship. If there was someone in need, Vaan felt obligated to help out even if it might be a trick. "I hope you don't mind. Sure it might be a trap but when I see someone who needs help, I can't help but gravitate towards them y'know?"

Interacting with: takki takki The Hero The Hero Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Ryden Bexin"Finally, we're close by." Ryden said, with a hidden tone of excitement in his voice. He's excited to explore an island with his new friends, since he's always usually by himself. He stared at the ship coming towards them, and he noticed that the girl's ship was in a really bad condition. A decent wave will absolutely capsize her ship. Even from a far distance, he could hear the girl shouting, and he noticed the planks starting to come off on the bottom of the ship. "Hey!" Ryden shouted, "You need to--" get out of your ship right now, he could've said, until it was too late.

The ship capsized, and the girl sank with it. "Crap!" Ryden said to Vaan. "I'm going to save her." He gasped for air, stopped it from escaping into his mouth, heroically jumped to the water to save the girl. Apparently, the red-haired girl was stuck on the mast of the boat. He swam faster, since the girl kept struggling to escape. The mast was too heavy as Ryden could see, so he used his metal sword to cut the two ends of the mast. The girl was now sinking slower, but she looked like she's not going to hold her breath long.

Finally, Ryden reached the girl and removed the stuck part of her dress to stop her from sinking. He let the mast of her boat sink, and Ryden held the girl in his arm. He swam as fast he could, and as he reached the surface level, he took in fresh air.

August
August sighed in a slight relief, as he sat back down and gulped down the drink he had been drinking before the fight had started. He looked over to the bartender, "Hey, another drink" he said but the bartender denied him. "Oh hey not is that any way to treat a member of the shichibukai, technically I'm part of the navy ya know and seeing as your already pre-paid wouldn't you consider it theft if you didn't give me a drink" He said. The bartender looked at him with a 'this is outrageous' look but began to reluctantly fill his mug. August realized he still had his arm wrapped around Emma, he looked up and saw that she seemed slightly annoyed. He let go of her and simply said "sorry about that, I can be a little grabby sometimes". He laid down his mug and wiped his mouth with a smile.
animegirl20 animegirl20 capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS ChazGhost ChazGhost Airagog Airagog LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971 Aurum Aurum
(Short post, kinda busy with some other issues)

Emma finally free from August grasp glanced at him. “I’m just wondering how You were able to surprise me like that.” She can sense, heat, see and predict pretty much all movement from people around her. She always aware of things that’s happening even if she doesn’t look it. But he really surprised her just grabbing her like that’s was she loosing her edge? “Well you won’t surprise me like that again.” She turned her attention to the two men who both seem to be looking for a crew. But John seemed a bit well....she wasn’t all to sure if he really understood what pirates did. He’d probably be loose it if he knew what hardcore pirates were like. Well anyway she didn’t really care how good of Pirates they were. She needed to join one. Besides going under a crew who aren’t being taken seriously could work to her advantage. “That’s it!” She looked over at the two men. “Hey boys” She said speaking to Lars and John. “why not just team up and start a crew together?” She smiled at them. “One of you can be the captain and the other first mate.”
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
ChazGhost ChazGhost
Aurum Aurum
Airagog Airagog

Captain's log:
Time: Daytime
Mood: Great!
Craving: Pineapple.

John D Drake

John nodded, looking at Emma, "Sure! He can be my first mate." He gave a cheeky smile, "What about you? Do you wanna join me? I have enough money for a nice ship but not really anyone to fill it with. Plus I've been all over the four seas and the Grand Line." He grinned. It seemed far fetched for this insane man to have traveled much of anywhere but his demeanor indicated he was telling the truth. Plus the large he held close to him did look a bit suspect. He looked at August, "I would ask you, but you're with Bella, right?" He grinned, "Yep, you're definitely with her. You have a bit of her perfume lingering on you." He said dismissively. "It comes as no surprise she's on the island. I can feel her from miles away." He shrugged rotating back to Lars and Jordan, "What do you think? Wanna go on an adventure with me?"

animegirl20 animegirl20
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
Aurum Aurum
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back