Anime & Manga OK LET'S TALK ABOUT EPISODE FOUR OF FMA

Mini_Quini

Truly a Dank Meme
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I JUST STARTED I THOUGHT THAT WHOLE CHIMERA SCENE HAPPENS WAY FUCKING LATER

I have already watched it...and I also thought that.

Though to be fair I watched the original, not brotherhood

It is very Surprising to have such so early in the series but It does make you realize that not every State Alchemist can be trusted

yes i have
tumblr_om7mixT2mW1rz91llo3_250.gif

*sits back enjoying the feeling of watching people react to Nina Alexander all over again*
Not gonna lie that episode yanked my heart out the first time, and then again because I watched both shows.

But I think the beauty in the episode is that is establishes what the show is about, as well as having our hero’s and the viewer realize the power, destruction, and limits of alchemy, which is the magic that this world and the show are based on. It reminds you that the laws of alchemy are absolute. Ed says (and Icant remember if this was in 2003 or Brotherhood but) : “We’re not demons, and we’re not gods. We’re just human, and we couldn’t even save a little girl.” Like, that’s some heavy shiz. It is at that point that Ed and Al realize that they possess a mighty and destructive power. They understand the gravity of every choice they make, and it causes them to be more mindful of what they do, and what they risk.

The biggest running theme in FMA is cost. The cost of each mutation, the cost of a life, and the cost of a philosopher’s stone (I wont spoil that one. For Sal Tucker, the price of his position was his daughter, and he was willing to pay it. We see lots of people make big purchases in the show, and a lot of people end up paying for each one. Further down in the series, Ed and Al have to decide time and time again whether what they are after is worth the cost. The episode with Nina sets up the theme of the whole show and it is beautiful one you get past how horrific it is.

Keep watching. The show is my 1# favorite anime ever and for good reasons.

*sits back enjoying the feeling of watching people react to Nina Alexander all over again*
Not gonna lie that episode yanked my heart out the first time, and then again because I watched both shows.

But I think the beauty in the episode is that is establishes what the show is about, as well as having our hero’s and the viewer realize the power, destruction, and limits of alchemy, which is the magic that this world and the show are based on. It reminds you that the laws of alchemy are absolute. Ed says (and Icant remember if this was in 2003 or Brotherhood but) : “We’re not demons, and we’re not gods. We’re just human, and we couldn’t even save a little girl.” Like, that’s some heavy shiz. It is at that point that Ed and Al realize that they possess a mighty and destructive power. They understand the gravity of every choice they make, and it causes them to be more mindful of what they do, and what they risk.

The biggest running theme in FMA is cost. The cost of each mutation, the cost of a life, and the cost of a philosopher’s stone (I wont spoil that one. For Sal Tucker, the price of his position was his daughter, and he was willing to pay it. We see lots of people make big purchases in the show, and a lot of people end up paying for each one. Further down in the series, Ed and Al have to decide time and time again whether what they are after is worth the cost. The episode with Nina sets up the theme of the whole show and it is beautiful one you get past how horrific it is.

Keep watching. The show is my 1# favorite anime ever and for good reasons.
Trust me i love this show i just wanted to cry about the sad bits.....i'm about to get to hughe's episode....

Trust me i love this show i just wanted to cry about the sad bits.....i'm about to get to hughe's episode....

Oh gosh *tears* Hughe. Ill be honest, though. I letterall bawled when I watched it in 2003. But the Brotherhood version didnt do as good of a job. That’s like the ONE thing Brotherhood did weaker than 2003.

I won’t! Swear it!
He is just such a loveable guy, ya know? The bromance between him and Mustang is just lovely lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back