• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy of seas and sovereigns - low fantasy political drama

henlo! i offer the token snobby spoiled brat of a noble daughter who likes throwing her lineage and weight around like a total jerk! 😤

Hello is there still room for one more ? I'm interested in a lady from a high class noble family that is looking attentively at the new Royal dynasty. Or a nouveaux riche merchant type well decided to do anything she can to rise. Or even a political priestess/nun that is aiming to spread the church influence. I have so many ideas !

Hello is there still room for one more ? I'm interested in a lady from a high class noble family that is looking attentively at the new Royal dynasty. Or a nouveaux riche merchant type well decided to do anything she can to rise. Or even a political priestess/nun that is aiming to spread the church influence. I have so many ideas !
still room i think
join the discord using the link posted previously! i think a priestess/court mage type thing would be really cool

Hello, hello, if there's still space I'd like the throw in my interest. Thinking maybe a disgruntled noble daughter who's kind of over courtly happenings. I imagine she'd probably be the type to deliberately disregard various rules and things to get under her parents skin. Her heart's in the right place when it comes to her views of the world but she's spoiled and sheltered and has literally no idea what she's talking about half the time. Also could do a lady-knight with something to prove, walks around with a bit of a chip on her shoulder. Wants to be the best and feels like everyone is against her all the time.

Last edited:
This sounds super interesting and I'd love to chat about joining, if there's still space! With the existence of a powerful Navy, I think I have a character idea that might fit, if not taken yet! I'm thinking second or third in command, under the Lord of Seas and Storms (though if you still need someone to play the Lord, I'd be down for that too). An Admiral or Commander of a small portion of the fleet- mayhaps.

Anywho! If this is still open, am I able to join the Discord?

Consider my interest peaked! If there's still spots available, of course!

I'm loving the brainstorm that's been brewing in the comments and I want in! (If there's still room, of course!)

I'm not sure if this would fall in well with the lore, but my immediate thought was a revolutionary of sorts, a university student fueled by the failings of the monarchy; leading the movement against the monarchy and the general economic structure of society. Maybe they have eyes and ears amongst the court, servants and maids sympathetic to their cause willing to slip them information in exchange for coin?

Oh, I love this! And Age of Sail too 👀
I'd be happy to play whatever will suit the current group composition, but some ideas that spring to mind:

General:
-some sort of advisor or vizier type. Love me some scheming . ; )
-a cunning noble woman seeking to strengthen her family's (...or is it her own) position.
-an academic who's tumbled out of their cloistered university world, landing right the middle of politics... and is very much out of their depth.

If there is a war in the setting:
-a captured member of the enemy navy who is high ranked enough to be granted parole and valuable enough to hang onto until the enemy nation can cough up something good as trade or ransom (...or if leverage is needed). Could be interesting to play someone who had a lot of power, but their current circumstances have them fighting for scraps of influence.

If characters who might stir the pot a little are wanted:
-a spy for one of the noble houses (happy to work for/be recruited to a player's character's service, provided the game master is ok with it!)
-an Inquisitor type of character (this could be the setting's version of secret police for the State or, depending on what the vibe is towards magic (real or not) a witch hunter type of character...) I'm going for "investigator" rather than "zealot" though in terms of vibe. Ye Olde Detective, if you will.

Keen to work with the game runner and players to adapt any of these ideas to fit the right niche. 😁

The day has come where I've finally found others that want to do a political drama. I am highly interested if their is still any room though I do have a question: is there a harem system in place that allows the ruler to take on concubines/consorts? Harem systems are usually ripe with politics and drama between consorts. If there is not one, no harm, no foul. My interest lies in playing a male character (i understand the popularity of playing a noble lady, so i'm always willing to balance the genders out) that loves to be adored and covets -to an obsessive need- anything he finds beautiful including people. This obsessiveness is paired with intense self-hatred. While he understands society and his family expects him to marry a noble lady to continue the legacy, he feels little to no attraction to women. Instead, he is jealous of the affection they receive, how they can adorn themselves in beautiful things. A complicated character that can go to extreme means of getting what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back