• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

Yep. Xd I've been away from the screen for awhile and before that working my post. But I see upon return that it's been quiet in here.

It's like super quiet. I've been working on my book all night because everything's been so dead. XD

I also really need to have Yasuo take her turn in the duel. 

It's like super quiet. I've been working on my book all night because everything's been so dead. XD

I also really need to have Yasuo take her turn in the duel. 
Oh? Reading a book type working on or writing a book type of work?

Cool ^^ Though no worries. It might take a bit for Gregorious to respond when it does turn to his post. For a heads up and just in case measure

Oh? Reading a book type working on or writing a book type of work?

Cool ^^ Though no worries. It might take a bit for Gregorious to respond when it does turn to his post. For a heads up and just in case measure

Writing a book. I have a ton of books I'm currently working on. Well, I guess I can't really call them books yet since they're not published or finished yet? Stories, I guess? My Heart Card thing is one of them actually. But I like making RP versions of my books?

It's cool. ^^ Gotta think of whatcha want him to do and all that like I have to with Yasuo? XD

Writing a book. I have a ton of books I'm currently working on. Well, I guess I can't really call them books yet since they're not published or finished yet? Stories, I guess? My Heart Card thing is one of them actually. But I like making RP versions of my books?

It's cool. ^^ Gotta think of whatcha want him to do and all that like I have to with Yasuo? XD
Awesome! I've been wanting to write a book for some time, but never can write things down when my ideas hit, timing issue my mind has. Anyways so I never finish them and end up giving up on it and also getting what's in mind transferred to written form so it fits like how I envision and see it, without messing it up. But that's awesome that you're writing a book and have many in progress. Also that you bring them to life as well through Rps.

Kinda yeah. I had his next few moves thought up based off the tactics and what he was leading toward with his tactics, just would need to figure out and write his reactions and if any counters happen then add those when they came. But during my other projects, Rps and chats and RL, I plum forgot what they were. So I'm now trying to start from scratch and get those prepared for when his turn hits.

Awesome! I've been wanting to write a book for some time, but never can write things down when my ideas hit, timing issue my mind has. Anyways so I never finish them and end up giving up on it and also getting what's in mind transferred to written form so it fits like how I envision and see it, without messing it up. But that's awesome that you're writing a book and have many in progress. Also that you bring them to life as well through Rps.

Kinda yeah. I had his next few moves thought up based off the tactics and what he was leading toward with his tactics, just would need to figure out and write his reactions and if any counters happen then add those when they came. But during my other projects, Rps and chats and RL, I plum forgot what they were. So I'm now trying to start from scratch and get those prepared for when his turn hits.

That's me in a nutshell. I start so many stories I never finish them. But I'm actually trying to finish at least a few? Cards of the Heart, Secret Abyss, Thieftale, Darkwoods, GhostTales are just a few I hope to finish soon? But I'm sure you can if you put your mind to it? I believe in you! But yeah, it's fun. And it's cool to see that people are interested in them, y'know?

Oooh. That makes sense. Take your time. No worries. ^^

That's awesome! I usually just have so many ideas running through my mind and on with several different genres, themes, fandoms, original works, characters, endless ideas that ends up spreading my mind thin. Which leads to recollection and recovery difficulties and adds to the lack of focus onto a single plot I might get in mind.

Awesome, sounds like your on your way with those near completes. And yeah makes sense and is cool you get the interest in them from others. And it is fun too.

Maybe I could, just need to find my "Clear the mind" trigger and settle down and give it a shot. Plus get in the habit of jogging what I can recall From badly timed idea bursts down onto paper or the notes app. My last idea for a plot/book had some good reviews when I spoke to this online pal of mine, during our Collaboration days for Rps.

Also might be fresh and interesting to try some new fields, like perhaps a anime/manga card based book. Since I'm back into the fold of Yugioh and stuff these days.

Ok Cool ^^

That's awesome! I usually just have so many ideas running through my mind and on with several different genres, themes, fandoms, original works, characters, endless ideas that ends up spreading my mind thin. Which leads to recollection and recovery difficulties and adds to the lack of focus onto a single plot I might get in mind.

Awesome, sounds like your on your way with those near completes. And yeah makes sense and is cool you get the interest in them from others. And it is fun too.

Maybe I could, just need to find my "Clear the mind" trigger and settle down and give it a shot. Plus get in the habit of jogging what I can recall From badly timed idea bursts down onto paper or the notes app. My last idea for a plot/book had some good reviews when I spoke to this online pal of mine, during our Collaboration days for Rps.

Also might be fresh and interesting to try some new fields, like perhaps a anime/manga card based book. Since I'm back into the fold of Yugioh and stuff these days.

Ok Cool ^^

Dude, that's me like all the time when I write stories. So many ideas, so little time. XD

Right, right, that makes sense. Do it. It be fun?

Yee. ^^

Dude, that's me like all the time when I write stories. So many ideas, so little time. XD

Right, right, that makes sense. Do it. It be fun?

Yee. ^^
Xd True

I'll see about making it happen. Just need some ideas for how the actual card game would work without ripping off stuff I know. Plus the cards themselves. If I can get a few ideas rolling then it should break the ice for more to follow and make it a simpler and more fluid stream of creations. Could be fun though

Xd True

I'll see about making it happen. Just need some ideas for how the actual card game would work without ripping off stuff I know. Plus the cards themselves. If I can get a few ideas rolling then it should break the ice for more to follow and make it a simpler and more fluid stream of creations. Could be fun though

Mhm. Or one idea overpowers the other and you just wanna write that, then farewell old story you were writing.

I think it would be a lot of fun. You can do it. ^^

Mhm. Or one idea overpowers the other and you just wanna write that, then farewell old story you were writing.

I think it would be a lot of fun. You can do it. ^^
That too. A competition of Ideas which leads to the farewell for one of them.

Yep and thanks for the vote of confidence. ^^

Hmm....... I should probably get some sleep and try this venture out when I wake up. Too tired to think clearly and creatively right now. Also watch some yugioh and Duel masters to help work this idea and bring it into creation.

That too. A competition of Ideas which leads to the farewell for one of them.

Yep and thanks for the vote of confidence. ^^

Hmm....... I should probably get some sleep and try this venture out when I wake up. Too tired to think clearly and creatively right now. Also watch some yugioh and Duel masters to help work this idea and bring it into creation.

Tis a shame when that happens.

No problem! Tis what I do best!

If you're tired, go to bed. Think more on the idea. I kinda gotta do the same with my heart card thing soo--

We both need it.

But of course, I ain't gonna sleep. I got Rps to do on Tumblr. XD

And watching videos on YouTube. XD

Just to give a quick visualization as to what I mean with 'Utopia forms for Antitopian':

Number C98: Antitopian Ray
DARK Rank 4 Warrior
3 Level 4 DARK monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with a "Number" monster. You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 98: Antitopian" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; it gains 500 ATK and 1 monster your opponent controls loses 1000 DEF, until the End Phase. You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict Piercing Damage.
2000/2500

Basically CN39 Utopia Ray, but Antitopianized (playing with DEF instead of ATK.)

Of course Yung doesn't have access to this form of Antitopian right now. Much like in ZeXal, I intend for him to 'unlock' it if the time ever comes for that.

So took a quiz based on yugioh and which deck best suits you. I answered the questions and found it says, The gladiator beasts deck best suit my style with a 88% match. Gave some runner ups and percentage of match. But haha seemed interesting and actually got one of the Archetypes I like.

Random sharing moment.

Huh. That's pretty cool, Saru. I should do something like that maybe.
Yeah it was kinda cool. Some interesting quizzes like that one out there. Also might have some starters for that idea for a series involving a card game similar to Yugioh and Duel masters.

~ Night Creatures ~
THE world of dueling was once normal and fun. You built decks of Pyro or Aqua, Wind, Light or Dark types and Earth too. Whichever your style and preference. A myth of this power linking souls through chakra like threads that connected to each players chest and heart, were just that a myth! No way these thousand year old powers of nightmares were real. The three mythical items that were told to harness these powers couldn't have been real either nor have been uncovered, unearthed right?

But somehow they were and this game of night creatures wasn't just a game...... It played a role in history. Sure now days they were cards, bought by the pack and structured into decks by players to use against one another. But it turns out a similar thing was real several hundred years ago, perhaps a thousand years back. These creatures were carved in stone and came to life. Yeah! Right? They were real and everything.

It's said they were used in wars and duels could consume your life force. Ironically the point system used for duels these days and since the game Came out are called the same. Not life points, shields or anything else. But life force. It turns out back then duels could weaken you with each turn if your life force was attacked or effected and it was literally your life force too! Not just a system that helped determine winners on a piece of paper or a technology based device.

While back then losers of duels would have their souls absorbed through these called "Soul Links" and sealed away for a eternity into the forbidden realm, where all his soul links power derives and which caused some experts and theorists to create the three mythical items in order to harness said power for their own corrupt and maddening ways.

Those men were called the Shaman. Experts of the forbidden realm of the time when all this existed and was common.they were looking to create a Eyeglass or you'd call a monocle of souls, a top hat of wisdom and the cane of Truth. It was said each somehow were able to harness parts of this mythical power and bring to the world... Soul Links.

Three shaman with a item each, but power consumes all and greed eventually overpowers alliance. A war broke out with each shaman looking to take the other two items, soon the whole world was becoming effected and so the tales of Night Creatures began and where everything truly started.

Turns out it was all real and now it's all happening again!

Only so many safe zones for dueling exist within each city, country and corner of the world where people could duel and not risk their lives and most literally their souls.

A mysterious man has risen with claims which were laughed at once. But turns out were true and not only that, but are now shaking the world to its core and threatens humanity as we all know it.

The man researched, manipulated accounts, funded expeditions just to find each item and every piece of information on the old tales and how it all went down. Finding one item which was enough to start some rumblings, then found another and before long this guy had all three which led to the opening of the forbidden realm and breaking its barrier that separated the two worlds. Bringing back the soul links and awakening this power of legend.

I only hope we can stop it. People are scared, some taking advantage and many have gone missing through such duels involving soul links already. But some always rise in troubled times, right? Well look out because the Tales of Joker Z that's my public identity choice of names and my friends too, look to grow stronger and end this somehow.

I decided to reuse the Joker Z name for this potential main Protagonist. Plenty left to work out. But this is what has come to mind so far.

~ Night Creatures ~
THE world of dueling was once normal and fun. You built decks of Pyro or Aqua, Wind, Light or Dark types and Earth too. Whichever your style and preference. A myth of this power linking souls through chakra like threads that connected to each players chest and heart, were just that a myth! No way these thousand year old powers of nightmares were real. The three mythical items that were told to harness these powers couldn't have been real either nor have been uncovered, unearthed right?

But somehow they were and this game of night creatures wasn't just a game...... It played a role in history. Sure now days they were cards, bought by the pack and structured into decks by players to use against one another. But it turns out a similar thing was real several hundred years ago, perhaps a thousand years back. These creatures were carved in stone and came to life. Yeah! Right? They were real and everything.

It's said they were used in wars and duels could consume your life force. Ironically the point system used for duels these days and since the game Came out are called the same. Not life points, shields or anything else. But life force. It turns out back then duels could weaken you with each turn if your life force was attacked or effected and it was literally your life force too! Not just a system that helped determine winners on a piece of paper or a technology based device.

While back then losers of duels would have their souls absorbed through these called "Soul Links" and sealed away for a eternity into the forbidden realm, where all his soul links power derives and which caused some experts and theorists to create the three mythical items in order to harness said power for their own corrupt and maddening ways.

Those men were called the Shaman. Experts of the forbidden realm of the time when all this existed and was common.they were looking to create a Eyeglass or you'd call a monocle of souls, a top hat of wisdom and the cane of Truth. It was said each somehow were able to harness parts of this mythical power and bring to the world... Soul Links.

Three shaman with a item each, but power consumes all and greed eventually overpowers alliance. A war broke out with each shaman looking to take the other two items, soon the whole world was becoming effected and so the tales of Night Creatures began and where everything truly started.

Only so many safe zones for dueling exist within each city, country and corner of the world where people could duel and not risk their lives and most literally their souls.

A mysterious man has risen with claims which were laughed at once. But turns out were true and not only that, but are now shaking the world to its core and threatens humanity as we all know it.

The man researched, manipulated accounts, funded expeditions just to find each item and every piece of information on the old tales and how it all went down. Finding one item which was enough to start some rumblings, then found another and before long this guy had all three which led to the opening of the forbidden realm and breaking its barrier that separated the two worlds. Bringing back the soul links and awakening this power of legend.

I only hope we can stop it. People are scared, some taking advantage and many have gone missing through such duels involving soul links already. But some always rise in troubled times, right? Well look out because the Tales of Joker Z that's my public identity choice of names and my friends too, look to grow stronger and end this somehow.

I decided to reuse the Joker Z name for this potential main Protagonist. Plenty left to work out. But this is what has come to mind so far.
giphy.gif

The whole Soul Link idea is remarkably similar to the backstory behind a card game of my own that I worked on some months ago. Before you ask, yes, I was working on one too, because let's be honest, what kind of long-standing player of card games hasn't dreamt of creating his/her/insertgenderpronounhere own card game?

giphy.gif

The whole Soul Link idea is remarkably similar to the backstory behind a card game of my own that I worked on some months ago. Before you ask, yes, I was working on one too, because let's be honest, what kind of long-standing player of card games hasn't dreamt of creating his/her/insertgenderpronounhere own card game?
Thanks!

Wow, Really? Haha. I'm intrigued to hear more about your idea. While also that's very true! After so many years of card playing, series watching/reading it seems inevitable for fans-players to create their own dream accomplishing game and series.

~ Night Creatures ~

Holy shit. That sounds amazing.

Thanks!

Wow, Really? Haha. I'm intrigued to hear more about your idea. While also that's very true! After so many years of card playing, series watching/reading it seems inevitable for fans-players to create their own dream accomplishing game and series.
*humblebrag* Well, alright then.

(Conjuring Wars)

In this old world of ours, long before history was born, people were born with the power to bring any creature they could imagine to life, merely by carving its form into the earth and calling out its name. For as long as mankind can remember, this power—known today as Conjuring—has dominated our society and way of life. This was, of course, inevitable; a single Conjurer with enough skill could bring entire countries to ruin overnight.

Needless to say, Conjuring has been the center of strife for countless centuries. Countries have risen around powerful Conjurers and fallen to more powerful Conjurers in an endless and bloody cycle. Things were bound to change, however, as a few Conjurers viewed their power not as a sword to rule with, but as a tool to teach mankind into bettering itself. Many techniques were passed down, and Conjuring became available even to those who were not born with natural talent. Soon, many countries were comprised solely of Conjurers who were capable of even creating monuments and manipulating the elements, and these countries slowly grew to unite the world under only a handful of banners. However, no matter how far mankind progressed, violence remained a large part of our nature. Now, wars were not fought by mere handfuls of Conjurers, but by entire armies of them. Science progressed, Conjuring became easier, and the bloody cycle that man had tried to escape from only grew to a much grander scale.

Eventually, this endless cycle culminated into one last war, hundreds of times worse than any war before it. The reasoning for this war was lost forever as the human race tore itself apart, killing countless numbers of people and laying waste to much of the Earth. Only seven countries survived this war, and all seven came together in the fear that continued fighting would only bring mankind to extinction. These seven countries united under a single banner and became what is known today as the Council of Conjurers. Though none were willing to be rid of the great power that had driven them this far, laws were put forth to limit the use of Conjuring and the availability of the drawings used to Conjure. It was decided that Conjures would be printed on cards, and that a simple game using these cards would be how all future strife is determined.

But, all of that is ancient history. Now, Conjuring is done through the use of advanced generators that give the monsters Conjured through them only partially corporeal bodies, and that card game has long become the centerpiece to society—everything from minor squabbles to leadership over entire continents is decided through the game. With the exception of business, commerce, and a few guaranteed rights, the Council of Conjurers only focuses on regulating the game and allows the world to run itself through a militaristic ranking system. Ranks range from the lowest, E, often referred to simply as Privates, to X ranked Conjurers who are known as Monarchs and have control over entire continents. The world is finally at peace and prospering once more. But how long will it be before someone tries to use the game to go back to the old ways?

*humblebrag* Well, alright then.

(Conjuring Wars)

In this old world of ours, long before history was born, people were born with the power to bring any creature they could imagine to life, merely by carving its form into the earth and calling out its name. For as long as mankind can remember, this power—known today as Conjuring—has dominated our society and way of life. This was, of course, inevitable; a single Conjurer with enough skill could bring entire countries to ruin overnight.

Needless to say, Conjuring has been the center of strife for countless centuries. Countries have risen around powerful Conjurers and fallen to more powerful Conjurers in an endless and bloody cycle. Things were bound to change, however, as a few Conjurers viewed their power not as a sword to rule with, but as a tool to teach mankind into bettering itself. Many techniques were passed down, and Conjuring became available even to those who were not born with natural talent. Soon, many countries were comprised solely of Conjurers who were capable of even creating monuments and manipulating the elements, and these countries slowly grew to unite the world under only a handful of banners. However, no matter how far mankind progressed, violence remained a large part of our nature. Now, wars were not fought by mere handfuls of Conjurers, but by entire armies of them. Science progressed, Conjuring became easier, and the bloody cycle that man had tried to escape from only grew to a much grander scale.

Eventually, this endless cycle culminated into one last war, hundreds of times worse than any war before it. The reasoning for this war was lost forever as the human race tore itself apart, killing countless numbers of people and laying waste to much of the Earth. Only seven countries survived this war, and all seven came together in the fear that continued fighting would only bring mankind to extinction. These seven countries united under a single banner and became what is known today as the Council of Conjurers. Though none were willing to be rid of the great power that had driven them this far, laws were put forth to limit the use of Conjuring and the availability of the drawings used to Conjure. It was decided that Conjures would be printed on cards, and that a simple game using these cards would be how all future strife is determined.

But, all of that is ancient history. Now, Conjuring is done through the use of advanced generators that give the monsters Conjured through them only partially corporeal bodies, and that card game has long become the centerpiece to society—everything from minor squabbles to leadership over entire continents is decided through the game. With the exception of business, commerce, and a few guaranteed rights, the Council of Conjurers only focuses on regulating the game and allows the world to run itself through a militaristic ranking system. Ranks range from the lowest, E, often referred to simply as Privates, to X ranked Conjurers who are known as Monarchs and have control over entire continents. The world is finally at peace and prospering once more. But how long will it be before someone tries to use the game to go back to the old ways?
Just realized that guy in the gif is from Cyber Chase, right? Haha

But that seriously looks awesome! Reading through your idea, It looks like a great Rp or book series with a nice setting for a card game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back