• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Novel Comics Cinematic Universe | Optimistic-Realist Superhero RP | Interest Check

Flintstone - Interest Expressed
  • Ok. Wow this sounds super cool and the effort that went into worldbuilding this universe is very much appreciated. Consider me very interested. I'll have to narrow down my potential character ideas, but I will definitely be jumping in on this.

myrkwise - Interest Expressed
  • I'm fascinated by this entire concept. Please consider me interested and signed up!

While I don't have a definite character concept/sheet ready yet, I should be able to get one in short time.

myrkwise - Suggested Character Fixes
  • Most of it is fine, the only issue is how this part of his powers work. My suggestions are...
    • It only works on NPCs; GM NPCs, Rogues Gallery members, and supporting characters. Otherwise it takes away someone else's player agency.
    • The more willpower an NPC has (as in, drive to make their own decisions and/or complete goals), the less power he has over them and/or the more energy he has to expend keeping control of them. You need to ask the person who normally controls that NPC how much Phosphorus will be resisted by the NPC, and they are allowed to interject that a particular action/inaction will be resisted much harder by the NPC than most other actions/inactions.

This sounds reasonable! However, how ought I explain in-universe why this power doesn't work on PCs? The strongest answer I can think of at this moment is that their willpower would almost always be very strong and are thus reliably able to resist the influence. In that circumstance, would it also be alright for me to ask the player who controls the PC in question whether or how Phos can influence them with a particular action (in correspondence with how you suggested it ought to work with NPCs)? That way, the player would still have ultimate and final agency over how the PC is or isn't influenced. It's not really a huge deal to me, but I would like the power to be internally consistent!

myrkwise - Suggested Character Fixes (Response)
  • This sounds reasonable! However, how ought I explain in-universe why this power doesn't work on PCs? The strongest answer I can think of at this moment is that their willpower would almost always be very strong and are thus reliably able to resist the influence. In that circumstance, would it also be alright for me to ask the player who controls the PC in question whether or how Phos can influence them with a particular action (in correspondence with how you suggested it ought to work with NPCs)? That way, the player would still have ultimate and final agency over how the PC is or isn't influenced. It's not really a huge deal to me, but I would like the power to be internally consistent!

Absolutely! Thanks for pointing that out. Also the OOC thread is here, we all might want to move discussion of character changes there.

Lord Moldoma - Interest Unconfirmed
  • I see you have quite a... high bar for what's acceptable for character Ideas. So I'm not sure if I'm audacious enough to make a submission for this. But I don't know what questions to ask since so much of this stuff flies over my head and there's an incredible amount of information that needs to all be taken into account.

Lord Moldoma - Apology for Overcomplexity
  • I see you have quite a... high bar for what's acceptable for character Ideas. So I'm not sure if I'm audacious enough to make a submission for this. But I don't know what questions to ask since so much of this stuff flies over my head and there's an incredible amount of information that needs to all be taken into account.
    Fair enough. The lore is pretty complex, I'm sorry I can't be of help. At the very least, we haven't outright rejected a character yet, the bar may be high but you can try to jump it as many times as needed.

Lord Moldoma - Asking Questions #1
  • Fair enough. The lore is pretty complex, I'm sorry I can't be of help. At the very least, we haven't outright rejected a character yet, the bar may be high but you can try to jump it as many times as needed.
    This isn't a thing that needs me to have been in the previous roleplays right? Like, I'd be fine if I just read the assigned Lore threads and character threads?

Lord Moldoma - Answering Questions #1
  • This isn't a thing that needs me to have been in the previous roleplays right? Like, I'd be fine if I just read the assigned Lore threads and character threads?

Actually, there were no previous roleplays. This is the first RP I've ever set in this universe, the part about Laika a.k.a Best Friend being from "a previous incarnation" of the setting is referring to the idea I originally had to make the setting part of a novel series. Said novel series never went anywhere - even in terms of worldbuilding - and all the lore you now see was pretty much made up in November specifically for the RP, so anything not in the lore and character threads is indeed entirely irrelevant.

So yeah, just read the lore and the character thread and you should have all the context needed to create your own character!

Lord Moldoma - Asking Questions #2
  • Actually, there were no previous roleplays. This is the first RP I've ever set in this universe, the part about Laika a.k.a Best Friend being from "a previous incarnation" of the setting is referring to the idea I originally had to make the setting part of a novel series. Said novel series never went anywhere - even in terms of worldbuilding - and all the lore you now see was pretty much made up in November specifically for the RP, so anything not in the lore and character threads is indeed entirely irrelevant.

So yeah, just read the lore and the character thread and you should have all the context needed to create your own character!
    Alright. I get where you're coming from. I've wanted to write novels before or start comic series, but they never seem to go anywhere. I can promise you I'll do my best though.

For reference, what super-weight are our characters supposed to be around? Since this seems more like a self-conscious-narrative setting rather than a precise power-scaling setting.

Lord Moldoma - Answering Questions #2
  • Alright. I get where you're coming from. I've wanted to write novels before or start comic series, but they never seem to go anywhere. I can promise you I'll do my best though.

For reference, what super-weight are our characters supposed to be around? Since this seems more like a self-conscious-narrative setting rather than a precise power-scaling setting.
    Iron Weight through to Hyper Weight (1-4) are the most acceptable, though they can be an Action Survivor (technically Muggle Weight 0) or a Physical God (technically World Weight 5) without it being an issue.

And yeah, it's more based on the players having at least a little self-restraint than having a whole system they have to comply with. The Super Weight scale, being a narrative-based scale for assisting writers and informing readers, rather than a stat-based one or a "power level" of dubious consistency (OVER 9000!), is more suited to helping everyone make characters for this RP.

The lore is extensive, but to balance that out the amount of hard rules for gameplay have been trimmed to the absolute minimum. Rest assured, if you ever have a post prepared but are uncertain if it contradicts the lore, PM me or ask in the OOC thread and I'll do my best to answer your questions and help you accomplish what you're going for with the post. ^_^

Lord Moldoma - Another Complement
  • This setting is incredibly clever and topical. The commentary surpasses anything I've written. I was originally intimidated by the complexity but I think I've got it now.

I think I've had more fun reading this then I have any other setting on RPNation so far. Including my own.

Last edited:
    Lord Moldoma - Sincere Thanks
  • This setting is incredibly clever and topical. The commentary surpasses anything I've written. I was originally intimidated by the complexity but I think I've got it now.

I think I've had more fun reading this then I have any other setting on RPNation so far. Including my own.
    Thank you! I really appreciate it and I'm glad all my hard work is going to actually bear fruit. I'm surprised you haven't encountered anything better than this, I would have thought RP Nation is big enough and old enough that someone with more skill/talent than me would have created something far superior.

I'll let MisterEightySix know you liked it, it was kind of a mess before he worked his editing magic!

Lord Moldoma - Interest Confirmed, Assistance Needed
  • Thank you! I really appreciate it and I'm glad all my hard work is going to actually bear fruit. I'm surprised you haven't encountered anything better than this, I would have thought RP Nation is big enough and old enough that someone with more skill/talent than me would have created something far superior.

I'll let MisterEightySix know you liked it, it was kind of a mess before he worked his editing magic!
    My oc doesn't have to have as long of a sheet as yours right? And, on that note, would you feel comfortable helping me come up with an OC in private messages?

Lord Moldoma - Answering Questions #3
  • My oc doesn't have to have as long of a sheet as yours right? And, on that note, would you feel comfortable helping me come up with an OC in private messages?

Yup, make the sheet as short or long as you want, just make sure it's sufficient to describe your character. That description can be mysterious and thus short, it could be brief and to the point, or if you change your mind while writing it then you can put as much detail as you feel is warranted.

Also, yes, I'd be glad to help. MisterEightySix, my co-GM who created Masterstroke, also offered to help you, if that's okay with you.

Lord Moldoma - Assistance Needed
  • Yup, make the sheet as short or long as you want, just make sure it's sufficient to describe your character. That description can be mysterious and thus short, it could be brief and to the point, or if you change your mind while writing it then you can put as much detail as you feel is warranted.

Also, yes, I'd be glad to help. MisterEightySix, my co-GM who created Masterstroke, also offered to help you, if that's okay with you.
    Oh. Okay. So, I should contact them as well, or instead?

2023/01/16 - Update
  • Hey, no trouble at all! Just wanted to make sure everything was alright after the post about your illness, glad you're feeling better.

No worries! Sounds good. Excited to get started with these characters.

Sorry for missing my own deadline. The map is taking longer than I thought due to real life stuff, but it is getting done. I'll postpone to the 22nd, or to when the map and first post are complete, and this time if I miss the deadline I'll create the RP topic and ask Mr. 86 to get things rolling.

2023/01/24 - Update
  • Sorry for missing *another* deadline. I don't really have any excuse, but at the very least the big holdup is the map and not external factors. As for MisterEightySix, he encountered some IRL issues that prevented him from starting the RP prematurely.

I'm just going to do my best by finishing the map as quickly as possible.

Back