• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Novel Comics Cinematic Universe | Optimistic-Realist Superhero RP | Interest Check

Lord Moldoma - Interest Unconfirmed
I see you have quite a... high bar for what's acceptable for character Ideas. So I'm not sure if I'm audacious enough to make a submission for this. But I don't know what questions to ask since so much of this stuff flies over my head and there's an incredible amount of information that needs to all be taken into account.

Lord Moldoma - Apology for Overcomplexity
I see you have quite a... high bar for what's acceptable for character Ideas. So I'm not sure if I'm audacious enough to make a submission for this. But I don't know what questions to ask since so much of this stuff flies over my head and there's an incredible amount of information that needs to all be taken into account.
Fair enough. The lore is pretty complex, I'm sorry I can't be of help. At the very least, we haven't outright rejected a character yet, the bar may be high but you can try to jump it as many times as needed.

Lord Moldoma - Asking Questions #1
Fair enough. The lore is pretty complex, I'm sorry I can't be of help. At the very least, we haven't outright rejected a character yet, the bar may be high but you can try to jump it as many times as needed.
This isn't a thing that needs me to have been in the previous roleplays right? Like, I'd be fine if I just read the assigned Lore threads and character threads?

Lord Moldoma - Answering Questions #1
This isn't a thing that needs me to have been in the previous roleplays right? Like, I'd be fine if I just read the assigned Lore threads and character threads?

Actually, there were no previous roleplays. This is the first RP I've ever set in this universe, the part about Laika a.k.a Best Friend being from "a previous incarnation" of the setting is referring to the idea I originally had to make the setting part of a novel series. Said novel series never went anywhere - even in terms of worldbuilding - and all the lore you now see was pretty much made up in November specifically for the RP, so anything not in the lore and character threads is indeed entirely irrelevant.

So yeah, just read the lore and the character thread and you should have all the context needed to create your own character!

Lord Moldoma - Asking Questions #2
Actually, there were no previous roleplays. This is the first RP I've ever set in this universe, the part about Laika a.k.a Best Friend being from "a previous incarnation" of the setting is referring to the idea I originally had to make the setting part of a novel series. Said novel series never went anywhere - even in terms of worldbuilding - and all the lore you now see was pretty much made up in November specifically for the RP, so anything not in the lore and character threads is indeed entirely irrelevant.

So yeah, just read the lore and the character thread and you should have all the context needed to create your own character!
Alright. I get where you're coming from. I've wanted to write novels before or start comic series, but they never seem to go anywhere. I can promise you I'll do my best though.

For reference, what super-weight are our characters supposed to be around? Since this seems more like a self-conscious-narrative setting rather than a precise power-scaling setting.

Lord Moldoma - Answering Questions #2
Alright. I get where you're coming from. I've wanted to write novels before or start comic series, but they never seem to go anywhere. I can promise you I'll do my best though.

For reference, what super-weight are our characters supposed to be around? Since this seems more like a self-conscious-narrative setting rather than a precise power-scaling setting.
Iron Weight through to Hyper Weight (1-4) are the most acceptable, though they can be an Action Survivor (technically Muggle Weight 0) or a Physical God (technically World Weight 5) without it being an issue.

And yeah, it's more based on the players having at least a little self-restraint than having a whole system they have to comply with. The Super Weight scale, being a narrative-based scale for assisting writers and informing readers, rather than a stat-based one or a "power level" of dubious consistency (OVER 9000!), is more suited to helping everyone make characters for this RP.

The lore is extensive, but to balance that out the amount of hard rules for gameplay have been trimmed to the absolute minimum. Rest assured, if you ever have a post prepared but are uncertain if it contradicts the lore, PM me or ask in the OOC thread and I'll do my best to answer your questions and help you accomplish what you're going for with the post. ^_^

Lord Moldoma - Another Complement
This setting is incredibly clever and topical. The commentary surpasses anything I've written. I was originally intimidated by the complexity but I think I've got it now.

I think I've had more fun reading this then I have any other setting on RPNation so far. Including my own.

Last edited:
Lord Moldoma - Sincere Thanks
This setting is incredibly clever and topical. The commentary surpasses anything I've written. I was originally intimidated by the complexity but I think I've got it now.

I think I've had more fun reading this then I have any other setting on RPNation so far. Including my own.
Thank you! I really appreciate it and I'm glad all my hard work is going to actually bear fruit. I'm surprised you haven't encountered anything better than this, I would have thought RP Nation is big enough and old enough that someone with more skill/talent than me would have created something far superior.

I'll let MisterEightySix know you liked it, it was kind of a mess before he worked his editing magic!

Lord Moldoma - Interest Confirmed, Assistance Needed
Thank you! I really appreciate it and I'm glad all my hard work is going to actually bear fruit. I'm surprised you haven't encountered anything better than this, I would have thought RP Nation is big enough and old enough that someone with more skill/talent than me would have created something far superior.

I'll let MisterEightySix know you liked it, it was kind of a mess before he worked his editing magic!
My oc doesn't have to have as long of a sheet as yours right? And, on that note, would you feel comfortable helping me come up with an OC in private messages?

Lord Moldoma - Answering Questions #3
My oc doesn't have to have as long of a sheet as yours right? And, on that note, would you feel comfortable helping me come up with an OC in private messages?

Yup, make the sheet as short or long as you want, just make sure it's sufficient to describe your character. That description can be mysterious and thus short, it could be brief and to the point, or if you change your mind while writing it then you can put as much detail as you feel is warranted.

Also, yes, I'd be glad to help. MisterEightySix, my co-GM who created Masterstroke, also offered to help you, if that's okay with you.

Lord Moldoma - Assistance Needed
Yup, make the sheet as short or long as you want, just make sure it's sufficient to describe your character. That description can be mysterious and thus short, it could be brief and to the point, or if you change your mind while writing it then you can put as much detail as you feel is warranted.

Also, yes, I'd be glad to help. MisterEightySix, my co-GM who created Masterstroke, also offered to help you, if that's okay with you.
Oh. Okay. So, I should contact them as well, or instead?

2023/01/08 - Update
Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't responded in a few days, and that I can't respond tonight either.

The RP will still be happening, but I have to postpone the start date by a week (January 15, instead of January 8). The cough from my otherwise defeated cold is back with a vengeance. I'm coughing so violently that my diaphragm is forcing everything out of my stomach when I cough while trying to eat, when I get our roommate's dog's hair in my mouth or even just when enough phlegm builds up in my lungs. This means I can't keep down food or even my medications (some of which are essential for my mood, and some of which are even essential for treating my diabetes before it gets bad enough that I won't be able to eat sugar) and I need to try and rest in the hopes it stops. If it doesn't, I guess I'm lucky Canada has taxpayer-funded healthcare because this feels serious enough for a hospital visit already and definitely warrants one if it continues.

Also, don't worry about deadlines. My previous post about Jan 8 no longer being a deadline still applies, Jan 15 is just the start of the RP and not a cutoff date.

Hope to see you all soon!

So, looks like we'll (officially) start on the 15th of January. I still plan to post the first post today, and you're free to respond before the 15th, but I won't be able to give 100% until the 15th as I'm still feeling the effects of whatever I got in December.

At the very least, I'm actually doing really good. The cough has completely disappeared, even when I have to go out in the cold, and the more miserable symptoms were already gone when I posted on the 3rd of January. The only remaining problem is a weird one, a stomach that constantly feels "full" and causes me to burp way more than is reasonable. It's a little worse than it sounds, if I don't swallow air every ~30 seconds to force myself to burp, it gets a bit painful and the end result of continuing to ignore it is nausea followed by vomiting. MisterEightySix says he had the same thing just before he was finally rid of this bug.

Stay tuned for that early post, I'll start on it immediately after supper.

Last edited:
Squad141 - Concern Expressed
So, looks like we'll (officially) start on the 15th of January. I still plan to post the first post today, and you're free to respond before the 15th, but I won't be able to give 100% until the 15th as I'm still feeling the effects of whatever I got in December.

At the very least, I'm actually doing really good. The cough has completely disappeared, even when I have to go out in the cold, and the more miserable symptoms were already gone when I posted on the 3rd of January. The only remaining problem is a weird one, a stomach that constantly feels "full" and causes me to burp way more than is reasonable. It's a little worse than it sounds, if I don't swallow air every ~30 seconds to force myself to burp, it gets a bit painful and the end result of continuing to ignore it is nausea followed by vomiting. MisterEightySix says he had the same thing just before he was finally rid of this bug.

Stay tuned for that early post, I'll start on it immediately after supper.
Been a while since we heard from you, so I hope you’re doing alright!

Squad141 - Alleviating Concerns
Been a while since we heard from you, so I hope you’re doing alright!

Yup! I suppose I owe you all an explanation...

I got distracted looking at TV Tropes on the 8th. I knew that was a possibility but sadly I needed it to begin writing my post to start the RP. By the time I was done, it was just after midnight and I had a doctor's appointment in the morning. Due to a shortage of health care workers in Canada, there's a fee and an enforced waiting period of about a month before you can schedule for a health care checkup if you miss it (unless there's actual extenuating circumstances).

There was extenuating circumstances. I woke myself up on the morning of the 9th by somehow pulling my calf muscle in my sleep, which was so painful that I had to shout for help until my dad came downstairs, making it impossible for me to walk. We rescheduled the doctor's appointment, and I had to be helped upstairs (my room is on the partly-basement lower floor) and trade beds with my mom for the past few days while my leg heals.

I was going to post on the 10th, but on the 9th I came up with an idea for a writing project that, honestly, has been one of the best ideas I've had in years from the get-go. Normally even then I would dismiss it, since I often get bursts of inspiration about a potentially amazing story that I know I won't really enjoy making in practice, and even if I enjoyed them all, my time is finite. Most importantly, all of those ideas were just the overarching plot and the theme or message. In this case, the moment the basic idea came into my head, ideas about how to implement it came down like a waterfall.

I started writing on the morning of the 9th, and while it's far from a complete story (huge gaps that are like short time skips but actually just because I couldn't think of what to put there and didn't really want to bother with while inspiration toward other ideas was still there, plus it's really just parts of the first two or three chapters), including breaks for food and going to sleep on the night of the 9th, it took until early this morning for me to get down both all the ideas I had in the initial burst of inspiration and all the additional ideas that resulted from actually getting everything down. Then I had to, you know, sleep last night. I'm just glad it didn't take me two weeks to do it like the worldbuilding for this RP, or I'd owe you all a severe apology.

With that said, I'm fully rested and totally free of obligations and unwellness, and will immediately start writing the first post. Thanks for waiting and sorry for the trouble, and as for Naril...

I've got a couple of ideas rolling around, I'll see if one of them will germinate!

Go ahead! Don't worry about the RP starting already, you can join in at any time while it's in progress and I'm probably not going to earnestly push the first story arc forward until the 15th. I'm honestly excited to see what you come up with!

Last edited:
Squad141 - Concerns Addressed

I got distracted looking at TV Tropes on the 8th. I knew that was a possibility but sadly I needed it to begin writing my post to start the RP. By the time I was done, it was just after midnight and I had a doctor's appointment in the morning. Due to a shortage of health care workers in Canada, there's a fee and an enforced waiting period of about a month before you can schedule for a health care checkup if you miss it (unless there's actual extenuating circumstances).

There was extenuating circumstances. I woke myself up on the morning of the 9th by somehow pulling my calf muscle in my sleep, which was so painful that I had to shout for help until my dad came downstairs, making it impossible for me to walk. We rescheduled the doctor's appointment, and I had to be helped upstairs (my room is on the partly-basement lower floor) and trade beds with my mom for the past few days while my leg heals.

I was going to post on the 10th, but on the 9th I came up with an idea for a writing project that, honestly, has been one of the best ideas I've had in years from the get-go. Normally even then I would dismiss it, since I often get bursts of inspiration about a potentially amazing story that I know I won't really enjoy making in practice, and even if I enjoyed them all, my time is finite. Most importantly, all of those ideas were just the overarching plot and the theme or message. In this case, the moment the basic idea came into my head, ideas about how to implement it came down like a waterfall.

I started writing on the morning of the 9th, and while it's far from a complete story (huge gaps that are like short time skips but actually just because I couldn't think of what to put there and didn't really want to bother with while inspiration toward other ideas was still there, plus it's really just parts of the first two or three chapters), including breaks for food and going to sleep on the night of the 9th, it took until early this morning for me to get down both all the ideas I had in the initial burst of inspiration and all the additional ideas that resulted from actually getting everything down. Then I had to, you know, sleep last night. I'm just glad it didn't take me two weeks to do it like the worldbuilding for this RP, or I'd owe you all a severe apology.

With that said, I'm fully rested and totally free of obligations and unwellness, and will immediately start writing the first post. Thanks for waiting and sorry for the trouble, and as for Naril...

Go ahead! Don't worry about the RP starting already, you can join in at any time while it's in progress and I'm probably not going to earnestly push the first story arc forward until the 15th. I'm honestly excited to see what you come up with!
Hey, no trouble at all! Just wanted to make sure everything was alright after the post about your illness, glad you're feeling better.

myrkwise - Encouragement

No worries! Sounds good. Excited to get started with these characters.

2023/01/16 - Update
Hey, no trouble at all! Just wanted to make sure everything was alright after the post about your illness, glad you're feeling better.

No worries! Sounds good. Excited to get started with these characters.

Sorry for missing my own deadline. The map is taking longer than I thought due to real life stuff, but it is getting done. I'll postpone to the 22nd, or to when the map and first post are complete, and this time if I miss the deadline I'll create the RP topic and ask Mr. 86 to get things rolling.

2023/01/24 - Update
Sorry for missing *another* deadline. I don't really have any excuse, but at the very least the big holdup is the map and not external factors. As for MisterEightySix, he encountered some IRL issues that prevented him from starting the RP prematurely.

I'm just going to do my best by finishing the map as quickly as possible.

Sorry for missing *another* deadline. I don't really have any excuse, but at the very least the big holdup is the map and not external factors. As for MisterEightySix, he encountered some IRL issues that prevented him from starting the RP prematurely.

I'm just going to do my best by finishing the map as quickly as possible.

Sorry for taking so long, I was having some serious trouble with the diabetes meds I was taking causing me to burp constantly and even vomit. Only problem is that I only found out from my doctor about the cause a couple days ago.

Hi, just giving everyone an update. This may take a while - new medication is causing Gadg8eer a number of physical issues, including lethargy. We’ll let everyone know as soon as we’re ready to start, though.

Hi, just giving everyone an update. This may take a while - new medication is causing Gadg8eer a number of physical issues, including lethargy. We’ll let everyone know as soon as we’re ready to start, though.
We will patiently await his return and wish him the best.

We will patiently await his return and wish him the best.

I will return to making the map (66% done!) and making the starting post (discussing the first arc with MisterEightySix right now) tomorrow morning onwards, and will even be setting my alarm to wake me up early.

HOWEVER, as a professional writer who has taken a far too extended break due to the same reasons that this RP was delayed so long, I now have a dilemma on whether... actually starting this won't lead anywhere and I should focus on my novel series, or... that this will still be awesome but only probably last for 6 months before concluding and should extend my break from professional projects until afterwards... Plus, an RP is play-by-post so I could probably get away with doing both. It's just that I feel like I'm in a Morton's Fork of Sunk Cost Fallacy, so when/if you see this, please tell me as soon as possible if you'll still be taking part so I know you're still interested!

And yes, I am extremely sorry it took 7 months from conception until (hopeful) launch. Completely unacceptable of me and I completely understand if most or all of you are too busy now or simply bored of waiting or of the concept.

I will return to making the map (66% done!) and making the starting post (discussing the first arc with MisterEightySix right now) tomorrow morning onwards, and will even be setting my alarm to wake me up early.

HOWEVER, as a professional writer who has taken a far too extended break due to the same reasons that this RP was delayed so long, I now have a dilemma on whether... actually starting this won't lead anywhere and I should focus on my novel series, or... that this will still be awesome but only probably last for 6 months before concluding and should extend my break from professional projects until afterwards... Plus, an RP is play-by-post so I could probably get away with doing both. It's just that I feel like I'm in a Morton's Fork of Sunk Cost Fallacy, so when/if you see this, please tell me as soon as possible if you'll still be taking part so I know you're still interested!

And yes, I am extremely sorry it took 7 months from conception until (hopeful) launch. Completely unacceptable of me and I completely understand if most or all of you are too busy now or simply bored of waiting or of the concept.
I've been waiting 7 months. I had assumed you bowed out. I leave it up to you what to decide, but I'd love to take you up on your offer again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back