• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Novel Comics Cinematic Universe | Optimistic-Realist Superhero RP | Interest Check

I've been waiting 7 months. I had assumed you bowed out. I leave it up to you what to decide, but I'd love to take you up on your offer again.
I think we have enough of a cast that I'm not sure how much of my own roster I'd need to add in for Carrol's story to work, though I'm still intent on having her story be the main focus of my role in the RP.

I've been waiting 7 months. I had assumed you bowed out. I leave it up to you what to decide, but I'd love to take you up on your offer again.

Absolutely, provided that it's worth it... unfortunately it seems everyone else is long gone. I'll give them 48 hours while writing a first draft for the first post, but I'm going to hold off on the map because if nobody else replies in the next two days I can assume the RP was killed by my winter illness, the resulting outbreak of shingles on the right side of my scalp (worst headache I've ever had), and med changes that have only just finished being fine-tuned.

And yes, for anyone wondering, my med adjustments were that serious to my mental health and brain chemistry up to the very end. Including the police taking me to a hospital psyche ward for the day so my last med adjustment could be made because I got so angry I was literally screaming in a parking lot that I hated reality like it's a prison and was chasing people around threatening to punch them (and yes, it was entirely possible that I could have been arrested; in fact, when the police arrived I was considering it to possibly be better to just go to jail and have to await trial and go to prison than bothering with the world anymore).

Absolutely, provided that it's worth it... unfortunately it seems everyone else is long gone. I'll give them 48 hours while writing a first draft for the first post, but I'm going to hold off on the map because if nobody else replies in the next two days I can assume the RP was killed by my winter illness, the resulting outbreak of shingles on the right side of my scalp (worst headache I've ever had), and med changes that have only just finished being fine-tuned.

And yes, for anyone wondering, my med adjustments were that serious to my mental health and brain chemistry up to the very end. Including the police taking me to a hospital psyche ward for the day so my last med adjustment could be made because I got so angry I was literally screaming in a parking lot that I hated reality like it's a prison and was chasing people around threatening to punch them (and yes, it was entirely possible that I could have been arrested; in fact, when the police arrived I was considering it to possibly be better to just go to jail and have to await trial and go to prison than bothering with the world anymore).
That sounds dreadful. You have my condolences.

That sounds dreadful. You have my condolences.

Thank you. As someone who quickly realised just how much you were contributing to my creation in ways that were better than I ever could have, despite us only being acquaintances (so far?), you can't begin to imagine how much that means to me after what I've been through since 2017.

Also, fuck it. Buckle up, we're doing this even without the others being around anymore. This idea was too successful and popular to let it die unfulfilled and forgotten. Besides, maybe seeing it be active will bring the others back.

Have to go to bed early and finish the map and first post tomorrow, but at least now I only have to make sure three player's characters are accounted for on the already nearly completed map (I might even have already completed it as a result of that) and me and 86 mostly have the plot down.

Also I really liked your whole part of the lore concerning Captain Capital and his cronies controlling the entire state of Georgia from their Atlanta HQ, and was wondering why you removed them? Something about improving/retooling them that you never got around to?

Thank you. As someone who quickly realised just how much you were contributing to my creation in ways that were better than I ever could have, despite us only being acquaintances (so far?), you can't begin to imagine how much that means to me after what I've been through since 2017.
I'll eat my humble pie, but it means a lot to hear that coming from you, because I have a lot of respect for your writing ability and sense of humor.
Also, fuck it. Buckle up, we're doing this even without the others being around anymore. This idea was too successful and popular to let it die unfulfilled and forgotten. Besides, maybe seeing it be active will bring the others back.

Have to go to bed early and finish the map and first post tomorrow, but at least now I only have to make sure three player's characters are accounted for on the already nearly completed map (I might even have already completed it as a result of that) and me and 86 mostly have the plot down.

Also I really liked your whole part of the lore concerning Captain Capital and his cronies controlling the entire state of Georgia from their Atlanta HQ, and was wondering why you removed them? Something about improving/retooling them that you never got around to?
As we discussed. The setup of the plot with Captain Capital and the control of the state of georgia, while a novel concept for its own series, didn't mesh well with the other pre-existing supers as much as I had hoped. I have to admit, I had assumed that the RP had been unforunately cancelled due to your unfortunate and dreadfully-bad-no-good health issues, and I was content to let my characters and ideas rest, since I thought it might be disrespectful to try and start my own similar RP, so the rewrites never came to fruition.

I'll eat my humble pie, but it means a lot to hear that coming from you, because I have a lot of respect for your writing ability and sense of humor.

I guess we have something in common! Do you have a Guilded account? The reason I ask is because I want to invite you to a server with a private message to you here on RPNation, so let me know if you're interested, but you'll have to be willing to use Guilded because I have abandoned Discord due to the following...

I got myself banned from tons of Discord servers from 2017 onwards because of the quack that was my former psychiatrist (and most of Grand Forks, even people who had always hated me up until I left that awful town, and a few of his Castlegar patients agree he's a quack) screwing up my medication so badly that I had a psychotic breakdown I didn't fully stop having until my medications were changed by competant psychiatrists in the location we moved to. Basically permabanned from everywhere that mattered to me except a group of then-new friends united by nostalgia for an online community we had all been in in the late 00s, which we have become the last active part of upon returning a mere year before the last contiguous members from the good old days archived their own site and retired forever. Then Tencent (who had some sort of ownership over Discord?) was ordered by the CCP to give them literally everything on Discord's users, private messages and all, and I just said "that's it, I'm switching to that Guilded thing I heard about from the Star Citizen community" and let all of my remaining internet friends know that would be the case. Fortunately, all of them followed me in the transition or at least started using both.

So yeah. I have a Guilded server you're welcome to join but it's basically the only way I can "invite you to my Discord server" because I currently trust Guilded's owners and will never trust Discord again, plus my old psychiatrist ruined both my offline and my online life to such a degree that everywhere I valued on Discord permabanned me, so it can't actually be a Discord server.

Sorry that was so long-winded. Let me know if you'd like to join me and EightySix on our personal server for discussing our many ideas for art projects, it would be nice to see a new face comment on either of our creations and you'll even be more than welcome to talk about your own!

As we discussed. The setup of the plot with Captain Capital and the control of the state of georgia, while a novel concept for its own series, didn't mesh well with the other pre-existing supers as much as I had hoped. I have to admit, I had assumed that the RP had been unforunately cancelled due to your unfortunate and dreadfully-bad-no-good health issues, and I was content to let my characters and ideas rest, since I thought it might be disrespectful to try and start my own similar RP, so the rewrites never came to fruition.

At this point, don't worry too much about making the Georgia thing fit in. It's more than good enough as is and feels like defeating Captain Capital should be one of the possible endpoints to prioritize and an awesome storytelling waypoint!

Anyway, see you tomorrow!

I guess we have something in common! Do you have a Guilded account? The reason I ask is because I want to invite you to a server with a private message to you here on RPNation, so let me know if you're interested, but you'll have to be willing to use Guilded because I have abandoned Discord due to the following...

I got myself banned from tons of Discord servers from 2017 onwards because of the quack that was my former psychiatrist (and most of Grand Forks, even people who had always hated me up until I left that awful town, and a few of his Castlegar patients agree he's a quack) screwing up my medication so badly that I had a psychotic breakdown I didn't fully stop having until my medications were changed by competant psychiatrists in the location we moved to. Basically permabanned from everywhere that mattered to me except a group of then-new friends united by nostalgia for an online community we had all been in in the late 00s, which we have become the last active part of upon returning a mere year before the last contiguous members from the good old days archived their own site and retired forever. Then Tencent (who had some sort of ownership over Discord?) was ordered by the CCP to give them literally everything on Discord's users, private messages and all, and I just said "that's it, I'm switching to that Guilded thing I heard about from the Star Citizen community" and let all of my remaining internet friends know that would be the case. Fortunately, all of them followed me in the transition or at least started using both.

So yeah. I have a Guilded server you're welcome to join but it's basically the only way I can "invite you to my Discord server" because I currently trust Guilded's owners and will never trust Discord again, plus my old psychiatrist ruined both my offline and my online life to such a degree that everywhere I valued on Discord permabanned me, so it can't actually be a Discord server.

Sorry that was so long-winded. Let me know if you'd like to join me and EightySix on our personal server for discussing our many ideas for art projects, it would be nice to see a new face comment on either of our creations and you'll even be more than welcome to talk about your own!

At this point, don't worry too much about making the Georgia thing fit in. It's more than good enough as is and feels like defeating Captain Capital should be one of the possible endpoints to prioritize and an awesome storytelling waypoint!

Anyway, see you tomorrow!
I’ve never used guilded but I’m open to new ideas and new possibilities.

I think I wanna rewrite the dynamic of some of the characters definitely, as my perspectives and understanding of things has changed a bit. But similar ideas will be present. Perhaps a little more subtle, and reasonable.

I’ve never used guilded but I’m open to new ideas and new possibilities.

I think I wanna rewrite the dynamic of some of the characters definitely, as my perspectives and understanding of things has changed a bit. But similar ideas will be present. Perhaps a little more subtle, and reasonable.

Don't worry, we're still doing this despite the twofold accidental deletion yesterday. Neither attempt was that good in retrospect and I now have a solid idea of what to do first.

Going to sleep a few more hours to catch up on lost sleep, then take an overdue shower, and then type the first post out. It'll be up later today, see you by the end of the day or if I have it up in the late evening and you need time to respond, tomorrow. Thanks for sticking with us and for contributing so much.

G'night!

Heyy, I came across your roleplay and I must say, I am absolutely impressed with the setting, lore, and history of the world you have created. It is evident that a lot of thought and effort has gone into developing such a rich and detailed universe. I am highly interested in joining and becoming a part of this fascinating world you have crafted. As I was going through the character sheet, I couldn't help but notice that there aren't any magic users. I would love to create a character with magical abilities and mystical knowledge and contribute to the story in a unique and interesting way. Would it be possible to privately message you for some help in creating a character that fits well into the world you have created? Furthermore, I was wondering if a Discord server is gonna be made or not. Gadg8eer Gadg8eer

Heyy, I came across your roleplay and I must say, I am absolutely impressed with the setting, lore, and history of the world you have created. It is evident that a lot of thought and effort has gone into developing such a rich and detailed universe. I am highly interested in joining and becoming a part of this fascinating world you have crafted. As I was going through the character sheet, I couldn't help but notice that there aren't any magic users. I would love to create a character with magical abilities and mystical knowledge and contribute to the story in a unique and interesting way. Would it be possible to privately message you for some help in creating a character that fits well into the world you have created?[/USER]

Yes, please do! We've lost most of the players due to an unfortunate series of health issues I had over the winter (There's still a bit of snow on the lawns across the street from me and MisterEightySix's parent's house, can you believe it?!) and the remaining player, LordMoldoma, asked the same thing as you 7 months ago and is also the one who has added the most fanon to the setting (thanks for waiting too, Alice, we're finally about to begin the RP; also, check the Guilded server you joined a few days ago, I forgot to add some permissions you needed, whoops)! And take your time, kurukurupa, you can join in on the action whenever you want.

Furthermore, I was wondering if a Discord server is gonna be made or not.[/USER]

I could make a Guilded server, but unfortunately I do not trust Discord after the Chinese Communist Party basically forced Discord's employees (via forcing Tencent, who had some sort of ownership over Discord, to order the move) to send the full unencrypted data of Discord's entire userbase to the Chinese military. I mean, these days nobody's immune to the NSA dragnet, but as a Canadian - even one who is really worried about the stability of American democracy - I'm more willing to trust a corporation that might move here or to the EU if things go south to the south, even if the corporation is the Roblox Corporation that managed to find a way to employ kids as child labor programmers legally for far less than minimum wage, than a company that let Xi Jin Ping know my previous address.

Also, sorry for bringing up politics OOC. It's supposed to be a rule that none of us do so and I admit that must apply to me too, but politics has sort of become a running theme of this RP, both in-universe and in the general tone of the setting.

As for a Guilded server, only if you want to. The rest of us are signed up for it but I understand if you'd rather stick to the platform you know.

Okay i was also interested to be honest, im also working on something similar to this universe and i thought to myself 'hey, this guys also making a superhero universe so why not join in?'

Last edited:
And is more than one aquatic superhero allowed?
I was considering an aquatic Superhero named "Swim." I don't remember if I mentioned her, because I totally still plan on writing her in. I sure hope that Aquatic superheroes are allowed, because the sea is very important to her character arc.

She wouldn't really be a commentary on anything. She might be tentatively pansexual or possibly implied to be a transgender woman but that's not really commentary so much as it is Biographical information.

She's sort of naive and flowery. She used to be super depressed, so she's doing pretty well for someone who didn't feel at all comfortable around anyone for a long time. She is a Z-Lister who is maybe at most Building Level? She has super-speed but it's not even on the top 100 chart of heroes with speed, including the top tier all rounders, due to A. She's not very well trained and B. Her powers are derived from super-science body mods based on an Ocellaris Clownfish and a Black Marlin. The super-scientist who gave her her powers, "Dr. Silver A. Gunner", was a much less impressive super scientist than a lot of the others. You know how there's like a sliding scale of genius from Spencer Reid on the peak human genius end, and then you have crazy motherfuckers like Rick Sanchez and Dr. Doofenshmirtz on the "Physics is my bitch" end? Silver was somewhere on the lower end.

Last edited:
And i was going for a dynamic duo Named 'Captain Crustacean and Cephalopod commando' who are a crab and octopus that were exposed to radiation and gained sapience and superpowers which they now use to fight villains like Man-ray (Not to be confused with the spongebob character) Captain nemo, Prince shark and his henchman Barracuda. Plankterror, who's got elements of both Doctor doom and plankton and a dash of Mister Mind.

I was considering an aquatic Superhero named "Swim." I don't remember if I mentioned her, because I totally still plan on writing her in. I sure hope that Aquatic superheroes are allowed, because the sea is very important to her character arc.

She wouldn't really be a commentary on anything. She might be tentatively pansexual or possibly implied to be a transgender woman but that's not really commentary so much as it is Biographical information.

She's sort of naive and flowery. She used to be super depressed, so she's doing pretty well for someone who didn't feel at all comfortable around anyone for a long time. She is a Z-Lister who is maybe at most Building Level? She has super-speed but it's not even on the top 100 chart of heroes with speed, including the top tier all rounders, due to A. She's not very well trained and B. Her powers are derived from super-science body mods based on an Ocellaris Clownfish and a Black Marlin. The super-scientist who gave her her powers, "Dr. Silver A. Gunner", was a much less impressive super scientist than a lot of the others. You know how there's like a sliding scale of genius from Spencer Reid on the peak human genius end, and then you have crazy motherfuckers like Rick Sanchez and Dr. Doofenshmirtz on the "Physics is my bitch" end? Silver was somewhere on the lower end.
So Swim is new to the business?

And i was going for a dynamic duo Named 'Captain Crustacean and Cephalopod commando' who are a crab and octopus that were exposed to radiation and gained sapience and superpowers which they now use to fight villains like Man-ray (Not to be confused with the spongebob character) Captain nemo, Prince shark and his henchman Barracuda. Plankterror, who's got elements of both Doctor doom and plankton and a dash of Mister Mind.
I think it's funny. We're coming up with all of these wacky heroes, and there's Carrol over there in her timeout corner being the most depressing and angriest person on the face of the goddamn earth.

Maybe that'll be part of her reasoning for being around? So that we can more easily make fun of overly serious characters?

All of her big opponents are kinda like parodies of overly serious characters already. (Ie; Captain Capital = Homelander, Silver Shadow = Modern Age Batman, etc; )
So Swim is new to the business?
Yes. She only got her powers as part of a super-science surgery. And she's been doing this for like.. 6 Months maybe? She actually got her powers a year ago, but she decided to go into heroics because being part of the national heroes association pays better than being an artist.

She's better at swimming fast than she is running, but she can run too.

Has swim fought carroll?
She might end up doing so depending on how things go.

If she does, Carrol is gonna wipe the floor with her.

Swim may carry a trident but she's not super great with it, Carrol is gonna disarm her right off the bat and start wailing on her, possibly with the trident.

They're in completely different leagues of fighting ability and determination. Swim will end up in the hospital.

It's the difference between having reasonably strong determination like Mina Ashido and having Universe Breaking Reality Warper determination like Simon The Digger or Chara from Undertale. Swim could get a one in a trillion chance and somehow end up impaling Carrol through the gut and Swim'd still lose. (Probably even worse than before since Carrol might go into crisis mode depending on which internal organs got wrecked up.)

neat. Im not sure who my main character should be honestly. Im torn between The grater (Dollar store Shredder) Doctor Terror (Same for doctor doom) and Captain crustacean and Cephalopod commando and the blue penguin

I had an idea for a character named Rowdy Rowdy Chocolate Harry (Real name Harold Fitweiser) who's got insanely tough skin sort of like Luke Cage or Collossus due to a training routine that sturdied his musculature sort of like how mirrors are immune to lasers, but turned up to even higher levels, who became a superhero because he's one of the world's strongest people, and during his fight with Carrol he tackles her through a bunch of walls in the super-secret facility she's invaded and breaks all her ribs and she still survives and gets right back up to keep fighting him.

That's the level of willpower we're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back