• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Not Made For Earth

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Nina?" Koshi was back in the main lobby thingy that led to their separate rooms. "Can we talk about how not normal this place is, for us?" Well, great, he was talking to himself, probably. Seriously, though, this place was weird and Nina was the only one who would understand this. Hell, the others in this castle would try, but probably wouldn't get it. Lucius, as well, and the other members of his party too. He wouldn't mention the vial, or like 15% of what he planned to do, but whatever. "Like, I have pink hair, that is apparently natural, and as Lucius would say: what the fuck?"

Cappy
Mentions: Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X

The lamb jumped to his hooves happily to see the young woman, he was growing to like her and her temperament. He approved her outfit with a slight nod after checking the otherworldly person was dressed correctly; she was but he had to check to be sure, he was her guide and he would be damned if he led her astray in any way! Her request was an easy one, but he had to be careful how he responded. There was so much he could talk about, but so much he couldn’t as well.

“Yes our gardens feed most of the castle and closest towns actually, the king is very aware of putting strain on any of his citizens. I shall show you the way!” Cappy was happy to leave the room and to show Nina around. Just before they left they ran into the pink haired boy.

“We are going to the gardens. I will have Maeve bring tea so you both can chat there.” Cappy flipped his head indicating the way to the gardens. It was a quick walk to an alcove that led to stairs going up and stairs going down, Cappy chose the way going down. The stone steps spiraled at such an angle there was no seeing what was below or above them, but within a few minutes they reached a stone room with multiple doors. Cappy chose the middle most door for them and continued down a path that sloped even further downwards. By then the coolness of being underground was brisque, but not bad; if the lamb thought it weird for a garden to be under the land he didn’t let on.

The walk only lasted a few minutes before the reached a sloped archway leading to a lush, vibrant colored room. Trees, plants, bushes filled the entire space, the fresh smell of fruit filled the senses. The room was illuminated by a ceiling of purple orbs stretching as far as the eyes could see.

“Almost two hundred years ago the king worked with some of the greatest alchemist’s to create these gardens, and as you can see they flourish!” As usual, whenever Cappy spoke of his king only pride shone through, it was clear the lamb loved his ruler.

“Feel free to eat any of the fruit or plants here, everything is safe for consumption. I’m going to call for Maeve and have that tea brought down.” Cappy left the two with a quick bow, trotting off to an almost invisible little shack hidden by trees.

Cappy was gone for a little while, allowing Nina and Koshi time to walk around if they wished before he caught back up to them. “It seems she is already on her way! She will be here any moment. Has any specific plant caught your eyes? I don’t know too much about agriculture, but I will try my best to answer anything I can.”

Maeve was there in a few more minutes carrying a tea tray skillfully and a blanket to be used for the ground. She laid it out and sat the tea down on the ground near a tall pink tree which produced vibrant red fruits. In easy motions she began pouring tea for everyone-even Cappy- before she stood again off to the side.

“Thank you Maeve!” Cappy said joyfully before he took his spot on the blanket, curling up with his ho
oves underneath him.

Nina Simone Rivera

Nina watched the Cappy bounce to his feet at her arrival. Her expression brightened a noticeable amount. He was waiting for her! Which may be his job, but still, Nina appreciated Cappy’s diligence. She fiddled with her hands and smiled at Cappy’s answer. She was glad she was even allowed to go there. A bunch of questions swirled in Nina’s head. Was there a library? Of course there was, this place was huge. But did it have a botanical section? Nina wanted to read about the new plantlife here, she had dropped her hobby of gardening and learning about plants when she first moved away. She wanted to pick it back up here. Just so there was something familiar of her old life to cling to.

Thoughts of her old life brought back thoughts of her friends. Nina missed Lyra, even if she never saw Lyra again, she hoped she was alive. And that she was ok. Lucius too. Though it was less than Lyra, since he seemed to be quick to run away. He had a higher likelihood of being alive. Maybe she’d see him again if she ever returned to those woods.

Nina was following Cappy out of the room when they were confronted by Koshi. Nina tightened her jaw into a smile as he spoke. Nina didn’t want to talk about how weird this place was. She was struggling enough already, talking about it was probably going to internally freak Nina out even more. Still, Nina gave Koshi a short nod. She didn’t want to talk about it, but she would anyways.

“It isn’t normal. But we have to adapt anyway. I suppose. We’ll get used to it, hopefully.” She tried to sound optimistic and did a pretty good job of it, considering her current mental state.

“We can talk more about it in the gardens.” She offered, following Cappy out. Nina took this time to look around as they walked, marveling at the beauty of this place. Her eyes were filled with a cautious sort of curiosity. Nina had to remind herself that an underground garden probably wasn’t uncommon here, or strange to Cappy at least. She looked up at the stone door, reminding herself of the route they took to get here. She’d like to visit often.

When the doors opened, Nina was in awe. She walked inside, looking like a kid in a candy store. It took every ounce of self control in her body for her to resist breaking out into a sprint around the area. Even if her feet were still sore from the previous walk here. A smile broke out on her face, one of those smiles that you couldn’t get rid of no matter how hard you tried.

“This place is incredible.” Nina gushed, looking at Cappy with a bright grin. She watched him bow and trot off before she busied herself with wandering around. Some of these plants looked similar to Earth’s but a good portion of them were completely unheard of to Nina. It was incredible. She had to get her hands on some botanical reading material. Nina daydreamed about the new plants she’d be able to learn about for a few more minutes. Before realizing that she wouldn’t be able to do that anytime soon. She couldn’t read any books. She didn’t even know the language. With that realization came Cappy’s return.

“I couldn’t choose one.” Nina spoke sheepishly to Cappy. “Do you have a favorite fruit or flower, Cappy?” She questioned with a small smile. Filling the silence that came with waiting for Maeve’s arrival. When the woman appeared and laid out a setup for them to sit, Nina gave her a grateful smile and sat down underneath the pink tree. To be honest, Nina was a bit preoccupied with nerding out about these plants. You’ll have to try a little harder to get her attention now.

TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

coded by: s e v e n s e v e n

"I mean, there's no moon in sight. There's magic. The beds can be strange to us. Uh...I'm sentimental to a vial of all things! I think I have a right..and you, of course, to be confused 24/7." Koshi ranted, spittle flying from his mouth. He stops ranting, rather awkwardly and shoots Cappy a look to say: pretend you didn't just hear that...
Koshi shrugged and walked away because Nina legit zoned out. Eh, whatever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back