• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Not Made For Earth

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Ow!" Koshi hit the ground, and hoped that his glasses weren't broken. They weren't, as he'd landed on his butt. Still, he was going to be bruised.

Koshi was on his tiptoes as he was dragged through he castle and was shown before a white haired man. As he heard Nina's statement, he shook his head. He mouthed: May I? Out loud, he said, "Who says it's your responsibility? It's neither of our faults."

"I would like to make a few points." Koshi said a minute or so later. He was annoyed, so he didn't even try to make the guards understand. The king could, though. "One, do we look like we could fight to you? Two, your guards can attest to the fact that I surrendered after I tried to escape. Three, look at the cart and you will see gouges in the cart, accompanied by a bit of blood. I was trying to communicate with them. Five, even if we could fight, we are way outnumbered. If we're lucky, only a few of us could've escaped. Us two are harmless, plus we might have skills you need. We're more useful alive, but if you kill us, you'll get shafted in the bargain: our lives for working for you and like I mentioned, skills we have. Seven, if we did stumble into your world, none of us were planning to. On top of that, if you kill us, other kingdoms might take over and you'll be seem as a king who kills on a whim."

Koshi smiled quickly at the king, as if they should be friends, but no one should know. That was Koshi's way of smiling, a bit sly, but very friendly smile, as if they were in on a secret. "I'm not saying you should let us go, but don't kill us either." Koshi bowed briefly, before righting himself.

Last edited:

It truly seemed as if the king was listening to each of the two prisoners deeply, taking their words into consideration, the whole time petting his lamb. One of the skinny, tall men from behind the king bent down and whispered something to him, something none of the others could hear before he stood again and promptly left the room. Still Mezterus did not speak for another few moments, just stared at the two the two rising moons casting a beautiful glow of daylight behind him. In the light he seemed to be more beautiful, more breakable in the glow, but something behind his eyes spoke differently.

“You do not want to die like your friend?” Mezterus directed this at Koshi, before he turned back to Nina and shook his head. “No, I don’t think either of you want to die, especially not here.” Finally the king stood, the guards not seeming bothered or worried as he took the few steps down the platform to come to a stop in front of Nina and Koshi.

“A word of free advice though to. . . newcomers of this land. If what you speak is true you may want to keep that to yourselves, another world and all. You are lucky only I and my advisors can speak to you, heretics claiming other worlds tend to find themselves dead very quickly in Lagoon; sacrificed in the name of our great gods Ahvera, and Avrosh.”

The king paced around the two still tied up, studying them even more. “I do believe you though, Cappy told me he saw stars falling and it was exactly what we were waiting for.” Mezterus had made a full circle back around stroking his lamb Cappy and finally came to a stop sitting cross-legged in front of the two.

“Are you what we are waiting for? Two weak looking humans, powers not felt, no knowledge of this land? I suppose even if you aren’t, the loss of your lives would not be felt by any in this land. Maybe I will take this strange boy up on his offer for the both of you; help in turn for your lives, for don’t get me wrong, I can take any life I want and no other kingdom could move in, that's not the way of this land.” He stared deep into Koshi’s eyes.

“So what do you say strangers, help me with a little problem I have and I help you in turn? I call off my guards, and forgive the lives they have taken? Allow your friends freedom in Polis?”

Lyra & Fan
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

The moment Lyra’s body hit the ice cold water was the moment reality surged back. Disoriented she tried to gasp in air, only for her lungs to be filled with the cold water that surrounded them. The water moved too quickly for her to properly resurface, her head bobbing up to cough out only to be pulled back down; the one thing she could feel, could sense, was the cloth and arm her cold hands had death gripped, the faint feeling someone else was there. Who? She didn’t know, it could have been one of the soldiers for all she could tell.

Pain flared out from her leg as a sharp rock scraped her body, a scream of pain lost into the gurgling water. The river didn’t slow down, rather it seemed to speed up, faster and faster it ripped the two downstream. It shot them around a corner, a view she couldn’t quite make out lost to a deep darkness of thick woods. Again she was pulled down farther and farther this time, like something was pulling her down with it. Without realizing she dragged Fan down with her; for the first time in the last few minutes she caught sight of his red hair and realized what she was doing-she was dragging him down with her. The world around her slowed down as a split-second decision had to be made, she let go of him and with the last bit of strength she had she pushed him away hoping he would break the surface again, survive for the both of them. She was battered, disoriented, and lost, she had no hope for her own self. Even as the shadows crowded around her vision a sense of calm washed around her; this was what she deserved, what she had longed for a year in the making.

Nina Simone Rivera

Nina didn’t interrupt Koshi, she didn’t understand a single thing he was saying either. What skills could they possibly offer to these magical beings? She had no skills that could compare to them, and she truly doubted that Koshi had any skill they couldn't have either. Nina felt helpless as the king’s eyes bore through her, as if he was able to look through her soul and her tightest kept secrets. There was something unsettling about the boy’s beauty to Nina. He looked human, but he was not, he was above that. Somehow-

Nina listened as he spoke, as if she had no choice to. He pointed out that neither of them wanted to die, Nina’s expression furrowed more. It was true. She wasn’t someone who didn’t fear death. She wanted to live, she wanted answers- explanations. Her lip quivered. She didn’t want to die yet. Nina kept her sights to the floor as the king offered them advice. She was confused about his motives, it made her upset. Why would he ask that? He was going to kill her anyway. Why would he give her hope? That’s so cruel.

Then the boy said he’d take up Koshi’s offer. Her head snapped up in surprise. Not only would his offer spare her and Koshi, but it would be extended to the remainder of her friends as well. A little bit of light returned to Nina’s gaze. She could be the one to help her friends. She was useless before, but now she could do something.

“I accept.” She said with a sharp nod, “Thank you for your kindness, Your majesty.” Nina added with a bow of her head, sounding as if she was about to cry. She didn’t understand why the King chose to be merciful, but she was infinitely grateful. She would make the most of this second chance.

TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins

coded by: s e v e n s e v e n

"Okay, so first, we and your advisor need to talk in private." Koshi forgot he was talking to the king, as he was in business mode. "We need to figure out what exactly is troubling you. Is the problem internal or external?"

After a few moments, Koshi actually blushed a bit in embarrassment as he realized he was talking to the king and he stopped talking. "Sorry..." Koshi mutter. "But we need to know what kind of problem it is before we can help you." Koshi explained, a bit more calmly. When they sorted out whatever this was, he'd ask the king to teach him the language of this land. He'd want to be the only person who knew this language, at least for a bit.

"Also, I realized you can't keep calling us strangers, can you? You can give us nicknames if you'd like." Koshi thought what he said was reasonable.

Last edited:
Fan

Fan awoke on a shoreline with the sound of crickets in the air. His gaze was hazy and his mind was foggy. Getting to his knees and rubbing his temples. He took a look around to see where he ended up. His last clear memory was falling into a river. Soaked from head to toe without any means to dry himself. Fan knew he'd get sick if nothing was done. Rising to his feet after a few failed attempts. Fan noticed something buried in the sand near him. Clearing the dirt from it revealed the object to be a rusted old sword. Not having a weapon after his little tumble into the rapids. Fan pulled it out of the ground and gave it a few swings. If he wanted to survive here. He'd need to get better at handling a weapon. Fan was never one to deal with pointless fights. However getting better was only way to stay alive. Taking some time to find a nice cave to shack up in. His next move was gathering enough dry wood in order to make a fire. Without a lighter or matches, it was difficult. Clapping two rocks together over and over. A spark finally ignited and the ensuing flames warmed him up. Doing his best to try and get it together. Fan wondered how the others were doing. Koshi and Nina were taken away. Donavin and Lucius had abandoned them. When his mind turned to Lyra. His brain suddenly flooded with memories. "She pushed me away! She left me behind again!" said Fan with gritted teeth as he punched the ground. This was a very low point for him. No friends, no guaranteed safety and stuck in another world.

Hearing the sound of grunting and snarling. Fan noticed a group of little people exit from the treeline. Though on closer inspection. These things didn't really look like people. They had green skin and pointy ears. Adorned in makeshift armor of pelts and leather. Their weapons looked just as bad as the sword Fan had. "Goblins?! Real actual GOBLINS?! I thought they'd at least start me off with big rats" uttered a terrified Fan. With how familiar he was with the fantasy genre. Fan knew goblins were small and weak. Yet they were great at teamwork and twice as smart as people gave them credit for. Picking up his sword and taking a stick from the fire. Fan tried to drive the little green creatures back. They growled at the burning stick but ultimately kept advancing. Unlike last time, there would be no river to save Fan from getting himself killed. He had to learn how to fight, quickly...

Fan V.S. Goblins

In the world of Lagoon there were many different subspecies of creatures, goblins included; poor fan had found the more rabid and stupid subspecies whose only goal was to roam the forests just outside of Mezterus’s control, feasting on whatever flesh and meat they could find. The moment the hunting party had gotten a whiff of Fan’s human flesh they instantly went in search of the delicacy. Their weapons were crude, some even made from stones they sharpened, but hunting was their sport and Fan was their goal and they would use their bare hands if they needed to.

They chattered and grunted in their own language, barbaric and crude even to the standards of others in Lagoon. They moved in a semi circle around fan, barely taking in anything other than the fire in his hands-something they spit and hissed at whenever it swung too close to them.

Finally one tried it’s luck and moved in quickly, pointing his rusted sword at Fan’s right side-

Last edited:
At the agreement from first the young woman and then the boy with her Mezterus leaned in suddenly, studying something deep in Nina’s face; it was like his eyes were seeing something that others couldn’t, or wouldn’t. Finally he pulled his face to stare back at Koshi, finding his quick to take charge personality funny. Before he spoke he looked back down at Cappy and nodded his head, like the lamb had said something to him.

“We will speak about that later, Cappy thinks it would be better for you both to clean up, get a little rest and food and then we can talk.” Mezterus rose to his feet in a single fluid motion, using just the strength in his legs to lift him, his arms still wrapped around Cappy.

“Plus, I think your friends might be a little bit more in time sensitive situations than us. I really do not wish for any more deaths than need be. I must reach out to my guards and call them back home.” The king turned his back to them and waved his hand at the huge guard that still stood behind the two tied up and spoke in their language. The man quickly pulled out his wicked looking knife, raised it above the two strangers and brought it down, cutting the ropes off and freeing them from each other.

For the first time in the entire meeting Mezterus let Cappy out of his hands after a quick pat to the head. “Cappy will show you to the purple suite, listen to him, he is very wise. I will have servants bring you food and clothing so you can fit in better. Let them know if you need anything else, I will call for you. . .Oh, and you can tell Cappy your given names he will remember better than I.” Mezterus waved them off as he ascended the steps and left back out the way he came, his last advisor and a few guards following behind.

Cappy tapped his hooves and seemed to be excited on his little lamb face. He swished his head at the two and didn’t wait for them to gather themselves before he began trotting off out the doors they had been brought in. His hooves clacked as he pranced walking them down one of the halls to the right of the main doors; windows upon windows lined this hall showcasing the sprawling city down below, but Cappy was on a mission and he wasn’t going to let them look for too long.

It seemed as if the hallway went on forever, passing doors here and there with strange symbols and colors painted over them; finally they reached a hulking purple door, a single symbol carved and filled in gold-an eye with a triangle around it. The door simply opened when Cappy stood in front of it revealing a grand sitting area, everything in the colors purple, gold and white. Plush velvet seating in purple, an ornate gold table between, a bookshelf with only purple books and exactly four other doors.

“As you know my name is Cappy and this shall be your rooms.” For the first time Cappy spoke out in English to them, his voice that of a little cute child. “Choose which space you would like and there are bathrooms for the both of you. I believe Maeve will be your serving lady and should be here any moment with your clothes and food. As the king has instructed, please give me your given names and I will answer any questions you may have.”

The words barely came out of the lambs mouth before a quick knock sounded and the doors opened to reveal a human woman carrying a plate of food, clothes thrown over both shoulders for the two of them. She was a rather plain woman, the only remarkable thing about her being her mouth and eyes were sewn shut in sparkling gold thread. She quickly set the steaming food down and laid the clothes out on the back of chairs then stood back at the ready for any instructions.

Nina Simone Rivera
Nina tensed up as the king leaned towards her, his eyes searched her for something. She couldn’t tell what it was, but it made her nervous. It was like he was looking through her. She didn’t understand what he could possibly be looking for. Nina watched him pull back with a confused expression. Still tense as a thought flashed through her mind. He could probably see through her, couldn’t he? Did he realize that she was just a liar pretending to be someone much kinder than they actually were? Nina couldn’t tell, she sensed no judgement in his gaze. It made Nina feel uneasy, this was someone she couldn’t at least guess as to what they were thinking. She had no idea what was going on through his mind. Was everyone in this land so cryptic?

Nina quelled her thought for a moment, watching the king look at his lamb, as if it was speaking with him. Honestly, she wouldn’t be surprised if it was able to speak. Nothing here seemed to make sense; ridiculously tall guards, a teenage king who spoke like a wise man, doors that opened on their own, very very hairy peopel or people with scales that she saw awhile ago in that crowd. Yeah- talking animals didn’t seem so out of place here.

Nina listened to the king speak again and nodded slowly, giving the lamb an appreciative glance. She didn’t know if the lamb actually said that or why the lamb was showing them kindness but she was grateful nonetheless. Nina’s expression quickly turned grim at the reminder of her friend’s loves being in danger. She hoped they had all made it, she was doing this for them, whatever she was going to have to do. Nina felt movement from behind her as the king switched to his native language and glanced at the guard who cut the ropes that tied her to Koshi. Nina held her wrists and rated at them with an unreadable expression. She eventually stumbled to her feet as the king left the room, looking to the excited lamb. She felt a bit awkward taking to him. She was probably just gonna wait until they reached their destination.

She almost smiled when the lamb bounced on his feet. Cappy was cute, and not as intimidating as a human would be. Nina followed after Cabby, ignoring the ever-present aching in her feet. They pasted a window that overlooked the city and for a moment she almost lost track of what she was doing, her gaze lingering as she stopped in front of it. The city was lovely, it was scarier when she was actually out there. On display for people to stare at, she would still be hesitant to go out there. Nina remembered that they had to follow the lamb and quickened her pace to catch up to the lamb. They reached the door after an eternity of walking and watched the doors open, her expression turning to one of wonder.

Nina was busy looking around the room once Cappy started speaking, her expression turning to surprise as she watched the lamb intently. She was about to answer the lamb before a woman with her eyes and mouth sewn shut walked in. Nina watched her with a worried and confused look. Why were her eyes and mouth sewn shut? Did it hurt? Was it a punishment? We’re all servants treated like that. Nina pressed her lips together. Things were probably just different here, the servant may not even be in pain. Well. That’s was Nina was hoping for atleast.

“Um my name is Nina Simone Rivera. I do have a few questions.” She spoke pleasantly, her slightly nervous expression betrayed her pleasant tone. “What should we do about the language barrier? Should we just not speak to people, or should we learn the language?” She questioned, “Do all the servants have their eyes and mouths sewn shut? Why? Sorry if it’s a disrespectful question, I’ve just never seen that before.” Nina added. She looked at the clothes and food on the bed

"Well, I'm Koshi and I refuse to mention my last name for personal reasons." Koshi resisted pumping his fist as soon as he was free from Nina He wasn't going to die a horrific death, yet. Koshi was not too fazed when the lamb gestured for them to follow. As he walked, he wanted know: when were the hallways going to end.

"I'm Koshi," Koshi repeated to the lamb when they were all inside the room. He was a 'tad bit' disturbed that the lamb could talk, but little did he know, he would be even more disturbed for something more minor. Koshi took clothes and entered a room, he would come back for food later. He changed first and surprisingly enough, his current outfit and his previous one weren't very different. Koshi's current outfit was a black long-sleeved sweater, with a grey vest over it. His pants were maroon, although, they were more like long shorts. The shoes were comfortable, but the socks weren't very comfortable, as they itched a lot.

The bed was kind of low to the ground and irregularly shaped as if a cat or dog was to sleep there, but also for something that slept lying down in a straight line. There were more bookshelves, two to be precise, lined up against the walls. A chair was just in a random corner, with a small table, like for eating or writing. The walls were a pale grey, like stuff just waiting to be hung up. Finally, there was a dresser and he put the spare clothes there. He walked out of the room, liking it based on the design, but slightly less than he normally would because the room was a strange mixture of fancy and casual. He exited the room to go to the bathroom, but first he stopped. "Thanks." He said to Cappy and then went to the bathroom.

As Koshi washed his hands, he stopped and he froze in shock. He let out a disturbed screech and he scrambled out of the bathroom. He hadn't dyed his hair, and he had been a brunette. "Why is my hair pink?" His voice was raised a bit in panic, but not rude. "I never dyed my hair or anything." Koshi sank down to the floor, getting his food in an attempt to calm himself. The food helped a little bit, but not a lot.

Lyra
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Dragged farther and farther down, Lyra could only see the darkness, not the strange figures swimming around her. Every so often a sharp sting of a bite could be felt at the site of her bleeding cut, with what strength she had left she tried, and failed, to kick the source off. Her body grew weaker and weaker, nothing but memories, good and bad, filled her mind at this point.

A hiss cut through the water that almost sounded like words, suddenly a slimy mouth covered hers and oxygen filled her lungs; it still wasn’t enough for her to fully regain her mind, but again and again a slimy mouth left and another appeared granting her the gift of continued life. Slowly she could make out blurred figures of small humanlike fish, a torso, arms and head like a human, tails like the salmon of home, none bigger than her leg.

What were they? Lyra found herself wondering momentarily before she was grabbed on all sides by the strange creatures, their mouths moving in harsh hissing. Before she could react to even try and shake them off she rocketed up through and out of the water, arching not so gracefully onto the rough shore nearby. Coughing up the water still in her lungs, Lyra gasped for air struggling away from the edge in case they wanted to pull her back down again.

“We have kept our part of the vow now you must uphold yours. We have been waiting far too long.” The voice came from one of the creatures that hung onto the bank near Lyra, it’s eyes an endless void of darkness. They stared at each other for a long time before Lyra for some reason nodded her head and the creature left.

The last few minutes left Lyra’s head spinning, lost, and confused. She flopped back on the rough rocks looking at the two moon lit sky, the softness of the light comforting for some reason. What was she to do? What did she just do? Did she sell her soul or something? Well, she hoped it was worth it.

Fan! The thought of her companion had her flying to her feet, her cut leg sore, still bleeding, but less so now. How could she have forgotten her friend, how could she have been so selfish to not remember him in her ordeal? She couldn’t help but wonder if things would have been different if she had clung on to him longer; it seemed they wanted Lyra, not Fan in the first place, dragging only her down and letting him go, would they have killed him or saved him if she clung on?

Lyra blinked tears away as she looked back up to the sky, “please just let him be ok, please let everyone be ok.” She breathed out the anxiety, needing to surmount her own pain to help her friends.

After searching along the bank Lyra found a good walking stick and limped off down the way the quick river flowed. She didn’t dare call out Fan’s name, already she had found many creatures she didn’t want to think of-the strange large men, the fish- who knew what else was out there. As she walked her mind strayed back to the fish and their ominous words of a vow and the deal she had somehow agreed to. Why could she understand them, but not the soldiers? Why did they choose her and not Fan? Why was she even there?

Before too long Lyra had to stop, shivering from her cold soaked clothes, and pain that numbly radiated up her leg, she felt close to giving up. Once again she laid back on the rocks and stared up at those strange moons. They seemed to shimmer and glow the longer she stared at them, a feeling of peace washing over her. No matter what was going on she could see the beauty in this land, even with all the things trying to hurt her. Something deep in her told her to get up, keep moving, don’t give up. . .so she did just that. She would find Fan, she would find the rest of her friends, and somehow she would save them all. Here in this world Lyra could forget about her past, forget about this last year and the pain it brought, she could go back to who she was: fierce, unstoppable, free. Yet, deep down she knew it would be harder than that to erase this pain filled self.

Cappy bowed his head low to Nina when she spoke her name to him, and did the same to Koshi only after staring at the boy for a moment.

“It is a pleasure to meet both of you, I will save your name to my memory where it will never be forgotten!” He straightened himself about to answer Nina’s first question before she launched into her second, his attention fully on the girl not paying much attention to the boy as he went to change.

“No, your questions are not disrespectful for newcomers, at least not in this room.” His words tried to portray it might be another way outside of the confines of a private space, but left it at that.

“To answer your first question I shall be your translator, I can speak and understand every language in Lagoon, the king has entrusted me with this job!” Cappy sounded and looked proud of this fact, as proud as a lamb could look.

“You are very welcome,” Cappy spoke to Koshi as he stopped to thank the lamb, before he continued on.

“As for Maeve she comes from the people of Cerna; some of their men and women are gifted with seeing the magic in the world, the alchemical thread helps keep them from being overstimulated by too much. Their gifts include being able to see through their minds eye, they live the same as you and I though.”

Cappy nosed a piece of clothing towards Nina, “I suggest this personally, it is some of the softest material found in Polis; made from the Coolie plant it feels like melted butter on skin. . . Or so I’m told.” Maeve could be seen nodded her head in agreement with Cappy, only looking back up in the direction of Koshi before he screeched in shock, as if she knew it was going to happen before it actually did.

Cappy trotted over to the boy, concern laced his voice. “What is wrong with your hair? Dye? Like clothing dye? Do you need a healer? An alchemist maybe?” In all his wisdom and knowledge Cappy truly didn’t know what to do or how to help the boy; if it was the king he would crawl into his arms, but that didn’t seem proper with a stranger. Instead Cappy curled up next to Koshi, his warm body heat pulsing soothingly into the other.

“Maeve please get a draft to calm him, I’m sure Lui has something to help, and bring him just in case to inspect the boy.” Maeve nodded before promptly turning and hurrying from the room. "It will be ok, Lui can sense any plagues and illness, he will get to the bottom of this."

Nina Simone Rivera

Nina was relieved that there was no cruelty behind the explanation of the string. It would have heavily conflicted things for her in her mind. She quickly moved past that, mostly to process the other information being told to her. Looks like Cappy would be with them, Nina found herself being pretty okay with that. She liked Cappy, he was a very cute lamb who was enthusiastic and helpful. What was there not to like?

“I see. Thank you for answering.” She spoke politely before Cappy went pushing at a piece of clothing. She looked interested, but her expression really lit up when it was mentioned to be made of plants. It’s like she was looking at gold the way her eye’s sparkled. She gently picked up the dress, her expression turning to awe at how soft it felt against her hands. “Wow- You’re right. Thank you. It feels very comfortable. She spoke, slightly entranced. This new world had new plants… Was there a garden?! Nina immediately pushed the thought of asking out of her head. She wanted to bathe and clean up before she did anything else.

Then Koshi bursted into the room again, panicking about his hair. She flinched and watched him with wide eyes. She looked surprised at his new hair color. “Wait.” She murmured, pulling a strand of her hair and checking if it was still dark brown. She sighed, good. Thank god. Nina glanced back at Koshi. She didn’t know him very well. Or at all. And she didn’t really know how to comfort him.

“You’ll be okay, I’m sure this hair color change will be harmless.” She spoke comfortingly, patting Koshi's shoulder with a bit of an awkward smile. She really just wanted to shower. She could go bathe while they figured out this hair things.

“Okay good luck!” With one enthusiast tap on Koshi’s head, Nina headed for the other room to bathe, dress in hand.

TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

Lucius & The Slumbering Bear
Collab With Damafaud Damafaud

Lucius tasted metal.

His blood, the guard's blood, it didn't matter. He didn't dare to stop. Not until six hundreds count past, until his instinct told him he ran far enough. Then, Lucius collapsed against a tree. Blood rushed and rang in his hearing, as did his heavy breath. It was bad. He could barely hear anything else. The forest. The silence. The lack of silence. He forcibly tried to rest, but his heart could only race.

Fuck. Was he the only one that made it out?

Fuck. He didn't like this. Fuck this strange place. Fuck Augustus. Fuck magic. He wanted nothing more but to scream indignation and turned that pretty face into pulp right now. He trembled. Lucius spat at the ground. His saliva was red, mixed with blood. The same red that stained his clothes and his cheek. Fortunately, they were not his, but he still couldn't be happy.

No matter he looked at this, he was alone in a forest, in a world with magic.

He was fucked.

The invisible guard took no time to catch up with the first escapee, years of hard training made it easy for him to spot the path the man had taken and follow along it. While most stayed out of the woods he was still able to move relatively silent, the noise of his feet blending into the sound of the forest all around him. Around obstacles he ran, dodging the poisonous plants and questionable ground till finally he found him sitting to catch his breath. Even with the head start it was a relatively quick find and the man was almost gleeful with his victory-soon he would be home having a cup of ale with his wife. . . But he had to do this right.

Silently the man invisible man grabbed a branch behind the tree and brought it up over Lucius’s head-

His body moved before his mind. The air changed, was what his instinct told him. Lucius leapt aside in time of the branch smashing the trunk he rested against. He cursed. He forgot about the invisibility mask these guards have. Hundreds questions leapt to his mind, all which boiled down to one.

Run or fight?

The answer never formulated. Lucius charged with a furious roar, forcibly closing distance. He directed an uppercut- a feint, and pivoted on his left leg and to deliver a roundhouse kick aimed at the guard's groin. Lucius was never one to think before he acted. If so, he wouldn't have dropped the sword. He wouldn't recklessly fight without a weapon. All that didn't matter.

What he wanted was to fucking beat the shit out of this guard.

The invisible guard was taken a little by surprised but was quick to react. He threw the stick back to the ground and jumped out of reach just in time, his magic still hiding him. Somehow the red haired boy still came at him, causing the fellow to jump, dodge, and block on the defensive. He threw a few punches back, but mostly was too busy blocking to get a good hit in. The guard slowed his breathing, completely cutting off any noise he may have been making and moved to the side and back even farther getting out of the others reach. It was clear this enemy was trained, but had he spent his last twenty years preparing to serve king and crown? No, the guard didn't think so, these skills were not his job, his life.

The guard studied his opponent even longer, figuring his weaknesses and how to take him down; he finally decided from behind would be the best, to use his magic to his advantage would be the quickest course to end this. As silent as he could the guard backed from the area of fighting to circle the red haired fellow, he approached slow and cautious, inching forward till he was just off of him-

The ground beneath the two shivered and without a second thought the guard abandoned his plan and jumped to the side rolling out of way just as the dirt fell out into an endless darkness below.

Between punches and kicks he delivered, Lucius slowly realized a chilling sensation at the back of his mind. He couldn't win. The guard's unchanging expression under his aggressive barrage reminded Lucius of the ex-special force fighter he crossed two years ago. He overwhelmed the offense, but he couldn't graze the fighter even by a hair. The end result?

Utter defeat.

Fatigue started to seep. His body moved a fraction slower than he wanted to. The guard backed away and provided him with much needed rest, but Lucius only felt his heart turn colder. If the guard took the initiative, he did not know how long he could hold on. He roared, a desperate cry in this losing fight, trying to close distance once again when the ground beneath him gave.

He had no time to shout. His hands grasped for a ledge, but only loose ground showered him more.

With disbelief prominent on his face, Lucius disappeared into the darkness.

Soft moss covered the new space Lucius occupied having cushioned his hard fall. Darkness cut through with just a small trickle of light from the new hole above was almost enough to give a small hint of where Lucius was. A cavern whose depth wasn’t clear was filled with mossy rocks in varying sizes casting even more darkness in the space. Every so often dirt would trickle down the space but other than that everything was still and silent. After a few moments it was clear the guard wasn’t going to be following and Lucius was on his own. Before the man could fully get his bearings and find a way out a loud grumble shook the space, the ground shivering from the might.

“Who would dare disturb my slumber?” The voice was deep, masculine, and was in a language other than English but understandable somehow. One of the largest rocks began to move as it rose to almost half the height of the cavern. It made a few stretching motions which even in the small light of the space showed hulking paws of a bear.

“It better be for a good reason as Ingmor does not appreciate being awoken after all these years.” The huge bear slowly stepped closer to Lucius, a large yawn opening his mouth wide to show his wickedly long teeth. Closer to the light Ingmor’s fur could be seen to be the same color as dirt and the moss flooring, a long scar covering his left eye, the other glowing a soft green.

By a stroke of miracle, Lucius remained conscious. His body ached, his left ankle screamed after it fell in the wrong direction, but he was alive and relatively unscathed. Not even a broken bone.

The voice had Lucius cursing in his heart. Always one thing over another. Not even a moment of rest.

"You- are-" He rose in indignance to retort, but the sight, oh, the sight of the beast, a paw larger than his own face, drained all colors off his face.

The teleportation and the guards couldn't steal Lucius from his confidence. He could escape. He could turn things around. The bear left him no such illusion. There was no desire to rebel, to fight. What stood in front of him was a force of nature. Unstoppable. Beyond his capacity to comprehend.

"Are- are-" Stammering, words repeating like a broken record. Fear overtook his entire being in a way nothing had ever before. What little urine in his bladder escaped when the bear yawned and showed fangs large as carrots. He wanted to run. Bravado, dignity, all forgotten in that moment of fear.

"D-don't kill me." A whimper. A beg. Pathetic like he never was before, was Lucius in the face of the insurmountable.

A loud chuckle reverberated out of Ingmor’s chest, for even though he was upset over being awoken he had always found humans funny- in appearance and actions. He shook his head shaking off some of the dirt and cobwebs that had accumulated on his fur before he spoke.

“You humans have always had a funny way with words, are-are-d-don’t kill me,” the bear mocked him a little laughing again before he finally stepped even closer, lowering his head to take Lucius in fully using his one good eye, choosing to ignore the fresh smell of urine, he would only mock so much.

“Even if you have disturbed my sleep I will not kill you Little Red.” Ingmor’s eye narrowed and he finally nodded more to himself.

“Oh no, I will not kill you. . . Unless you can’t get me out of this blasted cave, if that be the case then I will have to eat you as I am so very hungry.” His head lifted up to the hole a ways off from them.

“Though I don’t know how you plan to get me out of that, you didn’t come with a good plan did you?”

Get the bear out?

Lucius paled further. If the bear could get out alone, it would have. Even without looking, Lucius knew it was impossible. He had nothing. A stupid smartphone in his front pocket, a pathetic butterfly knife in his jacket. There was no way out.

He crawled back. Frozen, unable to voice anything but a whimper, Lucius clawed at the ground and pulled away from the bear. He didn't move far. Dirt and moss entered his finger nails. His twisted right ankle screamed, but he only pulled away again.

He didn't want to die.

ngmor grumbled at the humans reaction, a slow realization coming to the giant bears mind. "You didn't come with a plan did you!?" The bear shook his head and stomped a foot, dirt from the edges of the open ceiling crumbling down around them. He was angry, but it didn't seem to be directed fully at Lucius, he instead began to pace the large cave.

"All these years stuck in here, slumbering and waiting for some hero to come save me, and the great gods give me this fool?" He was more mumbling to himself, every so often tossing his head back and forth as if shaking off something.

"Am I to be cursed down here for all eternity?" Another foot stomp and more dirt crumbled down.

"Why did you come here then if not to save me human?" The bear finally turned back on Lucius, the fear of the human completely lost to Ingmor in his fury to be released from his prison.

The bear didn't wait for his response instead he went back to his pacing. "I have thought of every way to get out, tried to dig my way, tried to climb, everything futile. Then you come along and Ingmor thought he was given hope, instead he is given a simpering coward!" The bear released a mighty roar, birds above could be cawing in fright away. The bear dropped hard into a sitting position to stare across the cave at Lucius.

"Well you better start thinking for if I'm not getting out then neither are you." It was awhile of silence before Ingmor spoke this, slinking down to lay on his paws staring longingly at the sky above.

Save who? Do what?

"Of- course not, you fuck!" In that desperation of having nothing else to lose, Lucius found his courage. His face was pale still, but a hint of redness raised as he shouted in anger.

"You obviously saw me fall in by accident, but you asked if I'm sent to help you? Imagining meat when you only got bread! I don't even got magic in this fucking shitty place!"

"Getting out of this place? Yeah, just throw me out so I can chop trees down to fill this hole for your fucking ass to climb! Who wouldn't piss his pants seeing a talking bear for the first time, huh?!"

Ingmor grumbled at the human, but less angry, more in thought. "I didn't see anything Little Red, as I've said I was sleeping." He was still more musing, not angry at the humans outburst, he found it rather interesting and funny actually. Humans had such an ease with their feelings while bears like Ingmor did not.

"Hmmm," it came out more of a growl in the bears mouth as he rose back to his feet, groaning internally at his sore muscles. He stalked closer to Lucius again and raised one of his big paws, bringing it down on the rough dirt digging a large hole in it. He did this again and again till the loud noise of metal hitting metal resounded through the space. Ingmor grunted as he lifted a large ax, made of what looked like pure diamond out of the dirt below. With one more hesitant thought he tossed it at Lucius's feet.

"Swear on the axe of Gartias you will free me and I will do as you say and toss you and it out of here." Ingmor's green eye stared deep into Lucius's eyes, complete seriousness clear even on a bears face. The moment Lucius swore on the axe he would be able to wield the impossibly heavy weapon, but also be forced to fulfill his end of the bargain in freeing Ingmor.

Lucius flinched when the bear headed closer. A casual swept of its paw would kill him. Fortunately, it started digging. Was it... trying to bury save him for later? The thought turned the delinquent paler. He pressed his back against the dirt wall, as if it could protect him against the fate.

Clang

He stared blankly at the axe. A weapon made out of precious stone. Yet another reminder that he was in another world. Seeing the bear did not intend to kill him, Lucius was swift to promise. "I swear on the axe of Gartias to free you after I get out of here."

At this point, he would swear anything if that wouldn't get him eaten. The moment the oath left his tongue, Lucius felt a lump at the back of his throat. Like they were more than mere words to say.

Ingmor didn't wait a moment longer, he knew the oath would bind Lucius to him and the longer he took the longer he would be stuck down in the hole. The large bear first took the axe in on large paw-something that should be impossible of a bear- and chucked in outside the hole. The noise of the axe imbedding in a nearby tree shook even down there; but with the oath Lucius would have no problem wielding it.

"Be quick about it would you Little Red, I truly do tire of being stuck here." With that he grabbed ahold of Lucius's shirt and hefted him up and out with no effort on the bears part.

"And if you try to break the oath just know the gods will send the crows to peck your eyes out first!" The laughter from the bear echoed up and out; Ingmor always found himself the funniest around. He didn't wait around laughing though, he had his own things to prepare, to dig up from the depth of the ground, items long forgotten to anyone but him.

YEET

The delinquent plopped above ground with a look of disbelief. For what it mattered, the forest looked normal. There was no soldiers in skin-tight suit or glowing trees. If it wasn't for the purple sky, he could be convinced he was still on Earth.

Of course, the laughter echoing from the hole broke any hope that this was all an illusion.

Lucius clambered to the axe. A valuable piece of art on Earth, but here, he couldn't give a fuck about money. The axe was light in his hand. Magic of some shit, he was sure. If it was before, he wouldn't think about felling a tree, but now? Lucius put his shoulders behind it, and swung the axe.

CRASH

Splinters burst to the air. The tree fell with an unceremonious tumble. Lucius cursed and covered his head. Foliage and twigs smacked against his arms. Dusts flew when the trunk crashed to the ground with a solid crash.

One swing. Lucius stared with widened eyes at his result. The tree was cut clean, just like that.

"You better not eat me when you got out of there, you fucking bear!" Lucius grabbed the axe tighter and ran for another tree. His visage contained a hint of a smile. As fucked up as his situation was, wielding the axe felt fucking awesome.

The shake and rattle of the trees reached even down in the hold, encouraging Ingmor to move faster. The power of the axe's oath was doing it's job well and Ingmor wouldn't waste another second down in the prison; though he did stop for a good laugh at Little Red's comment of eating him, humans weren't his favorite food. . . Plus he was growing to like this human in particular.

Time seemed to move too slow, but the bear had to remind himself he would be getting out of the hole, he couldn't doubt this human. Enough time passed and soon a wobbly ramp of large trees was big enough to hold the bears weight. Still Ingmor hesitated looking at the logs, wondering if he would just fall climbing up them. No matter, he still had to try he wouldn't know if he didn't.

With his claws he dug into the wood he began slowly climbing out, having to catch his balance every so often to not tumble right back down. In a few minutes his feet were on the soft ground of above, his face lifted into the light breeze smelling all the smells he hadn't in so long. Snorting could be heard from him as he smelled and tasted it all, his one good eye closed in amazement, his dreams had never felt this good.

Finally he looked back at Lucius, a smile playing on the great bears lips that could only be partially seen under his full set of golden armor. While Lucius had been felling trees Ingmor dug up his grand armor made of heavy gold like material, almost all of it covered in strange jewels in the shape of the worlds runes. Even for a human unused to magic there was a strong chance he could feel the power in what the bear wore.

"It has been a long time since I felt the wonderful glow of Ahvera and Avrosh, smelled the world of above, thank you Little Red. I am in your debt." Ingmor bowed deeply his head resting on the ground for a second before he rose again.

"You may keep the axe if you wish, no other will be able to wield it without an oath made to you. Here is a holder for it." The bear threw a piece of leather that would strap the axe to Lucius's back, making it easier for him to carry and wield.

" Now I must be off to see if an old friend of mine still lives, you may follow if you wish, or go on your own way, I leave the choice to you."

Lucius rested out of breath on a stump. Mighty as the axe was, that was still a lot of fucking tree he fell to fill the hole. He stopped counting after thirty. His leather jacket was wrapped against the wooden handle. Moving around in it was sweltering.

Drenched in his own sweat, Lucius watched as Ingmor climbed. Dirt sunk from the sheer weight of his grizzly paws. No foliage to shade him after all the trees chopped earlier. Sunlight glimmered off the golden armor encasing his back. Ingmor's snout twitched, savoring the fresh air above ground. Just like a normal bear.

Fuck, but that's definitely not a normal bear. Lucius found himself grinning stupid. Moments after he arrived on this shitty place, he got captured by soldiers, probably killed someone, and met a talking bear.

He's beating the shit out of Augustus once they met.

"Yeah, yeah, back at it to you for not eating me, you geezer." With a laugh, Lucius took the strap without qualms. Seeing Ingmor studded in his power now, it wouldn't be too hard for him to kill him if he wanted.

"Not like I got anywhere to go in this strange place, anyway. It's safer to muck up to a big beast like you."

Once he secured the axe on his back, Lucius ran after Ingmor. At this point, his friends had been thrown to the back of his mind. It's already good he was alive. He wasn't as stupid as throwing away a lifeline when he had one in his grasp.

Koshi took a strand of his hair in his hand. He still had no idea this was in fact his 'normal hair color', at least in this world. If he had to be a little bit honest with himself, Koshi didn't look that back with pink hair. In fact, he has always wondered why his hair had been light brown, when it should be darker. He chilled out even more now, but was still freaked out. Koshi also didn't appreciate getting patted on the head by Nina, even if she was trying to help. He wanted to talk to the king to get down to business, but didn't want to come off as rude. What should he do?
He did what any sane person would do, of course. He had nothing better to do, so he parked himself just outside the throne room, but also out of the way. Best to forget what just happened.

Last edited:
Fan

Fan sidestepped yet another incoming blow directed at his legs by the short creatures attempting to kill him. So far he had mainly been doing his best to dodge or block their attacks. Although he knew a few moves, that was different from being able to fight. A rock was lobbed right at his face. Fan barely deflected it with his blade. Armed with a weapon covered in rust and grime. His chances of victory were getting slimmer by the moment. Feeling an impact on his back. Fan stumbled to the ground and dropped his sword. Rolling over and looking at what had hit him. He found a goblin had vaulted off of another to dropkick his back. Even if they were small and stupid-looking. Fan couldn't underestimate them. Wracking his brain for information about goblins. Another rock glanced off the side of his head.

Kicking off the ground and grabbing his sword. Fan let instinct take over and awkwardly swung his rusted weapon. While he hoped it would have cleaved the head from the shoulders of the goblin tossing the rocks. Instead it seemed to crush its throat. Watching the blood and foam spill from the goblins mouth as it died made Fan want to throw up. He wasn't a fighter, he hated hurting other creatures. Yet right now it was either him or them. So Fan chose to survive. Ducking out of the way of a pouncing goblin. Fan shoved the tip of his sword into its head. Blood spurted from the messy puncture and spilled onto his face. Three more of them were left in front of him. Holding his blade in a low diagonal stance. The final clash began in earnest.

A club wielding goblin rushed him with its oaken stick raised. Stepping to the right just before it got too close. Fan brought his sword down on its unarmored head, causing it to collapse with blood gushing from the back of its head. Next was the knife wielding goblin with its little sharpened bit of stone. Letting it jump at his face. Fan took the chance to grab it by the throat. Using his arm to grab the tiny mitt holding a knife. He forced the creature to pierce its own skull. Finally the axe wielding goblin tried to flee. However Fan simply couldn't let that happen. In every book or movie he had seen. Goblins operated in tribes. Letting that thing go was inviting it to come back with friends. Pulling the stone knife from its oozing wound. Fan thew it at the fleeing goblin. It sank itself into the back of its green leg, causing the creature to drop on its face. Running up to it with his sword raised. Fan screamed at the top of his lungs whilst pummeling the goblin with his weapon. He wasn't sure whether he was screaming for joy, sorrow or fear. All he knew was that at the end of it all. He had stripped the goblins for anything useful and began preparing the bodies for food...

Ingmor
Mentions: Damafaud Damafaud
The bear wouldn’t admit it, but he was partially glad Little Red decided to stay with him- it had been too long without companionship for the great beast. Noises in the woods had his ears twisting and flicking in different directions, but none seemed to bother him. Even with his massive weight Ingmor didn’t make a noise as he moved through the hard packed dirt, twigs seemingly not snapping under his paws.

“So Little Red-” Ingmor stopped suddenly, his nose twitched in the air. He smelled something he hadn’t in so long- blood. It was a ways off, but it smelled so different, so un-Lagoon that the bear couldn’t ignore it.

“This way.” The bear grumbled out, frustrated that his own curiosity was getting in the way of his goals; at the same time though Ingmor’s curiosity had led him on some of his best journeys. Ingmor walked a little faster in the direction of the river till the smell of blood was stronger and finally the bear realized why it smelled so different, it smelled like Little Red.

“So you are not alone here.” The bear said more to himself than to Lucius; even from the first meeting Ingmor knew Lucius was not from Lagoon, though he had never smelled the likes of him before he had smelled other travelers in his long life.

Ingmor cleared through the brush, stopping just on the start of the rocky bank leading to the river. A young woman stood with the support of a stick, drenched, shivering and looking worse for wear. She turned, her green eyes wide with shock at the sight of the bear. It was a few moments of pure fear before she saw the human standing near Ingmor.

“Lucius!” She cried out, but didn’t move, whether from pain or fear Ingmor wasn’t sure as both scents filled his nose.

Lyra

Lyra had not made it far, her leg was stinging with pain, the rocky path making it harder to maneuver injured; yet she didn’t dare leave it, she knew that if Fan was anywhere it would be near the river. She had just stopped again trying to regain any energy, failing horribly, when the beast shuffled out of the bushes near her.

Frozen in fear Lyra wasn’t sure what to do, there was no getting away from the huge bear, and she was resolved to this being her death. How had she not heard such a great beast moving through the brush, though she was sure even if she had any warning there was no saving herself. She gulped and with failing hope cast her eyes around for anyway out, when she saw-

“Lucius!” She cried out, her other red haired friend near the great beast. She would run to him, but still stood frozen in fear. Ingmor didn’t seem to care of her fear, just as he hadn’t with Lucius, and stepped closer and closer to her. Again Lucius was forgotten, she stared completely still, eyes locked on Ingmor’s one good green eye. Ingmor got close enough to smell the cut on her leg, taking a good snorting breath in of it, and turned his face up in disgust.

“Ugh, it seems the Miyoua’s have had a taste of you, rotten fish they are.” Ingmor sniffed again then looked back into Lyra’s eyes.

“What did you offer them for your life?” Ingmor knew the Miyoua fish people well, and hated them with a deep passion. He could tell the girl had an interaction with them, the fact they didn’t kill her outright meant she had something to bargain with.

Lyra gulped once or twice, unable to get her words out right away. “I-I- Um- I really don’t know. Something to do with them keeping a vow and me having to keep mine too. I didn’t make any vow though!”

Ingmor seemed to find what she said fascinating by the sounds that came from deep in his chest. He turned looking between Lyra and Lucius, trying to put a puzzle together that he only had a few pieces to. He didn’t go into what he was thinking instead shook his great head, busying himself suddenly by taking his helmet off and strapping it to his side-something Lyra was sure a bear shouldn’t have the capabilities of doing.

“Well any friend of Little Reds is a companion of mine. You can’t get far on the leg, climb on.” Ingmor bowed down to give Lyra an easy access to sit right where his now bare neck meets his body armor. Still Lyra didn’t budge, she didn’t want to go with them, no matter how happy she was to see Lucius alive and well; even if he brought up bad memories from the last few years, feelings she couldn’t shake, he was still one of her oldest friends and she loved him like she loved all her friends. . . Bastard personality and all.

“I’m looking for someone, I lost him in the water, I tried to save him from the. . . Miyoua trying to drag me down. . .I can't leave without finding him.” Ingmor seemed to shrug, but still didn’t move.

“No matter, my destination can wait, we will find you and your other friend first.” That was enough for Lyra and she hobbled over to the beast and climbed on, his fur as soft as the moss it looked to be. “The river probably carried him farther down this way,” before Ingmor took off he looked back to Lucius, “ready to go Little Red, or do you need a rest?”

Once more Lyra turned to look at Lucius, a smirk on her face the only tell tale sign she was going to be calling him Little Red any chance she got. At the sight of him though, the ragged appearance of hard work and huge ax on his back, the smirk died on her lips. God did he look so much like him. Lyra turned away quickly, burying her face into Ingmor’s back, not saying anything to Lucius.

Re: Meet

a2d65fffd0204a0905a7463bf9fe3b19.jpg

Lucius Angkasa
Near a river, in the forest
Interaction: Ingmor, Lyra

Mention: Paper Tiger [Fan], James [Border Collie]

Around: -

Lucius jogged after Ingmor, unburdened despite the giant ax strapped to his back. The nothing where he expected something threw him off. Weightlessness of the metallic blade bumping against his shoulders, the ghost steps of the giant bear he was following.

Magic.

He believed in the supernatural, but this was beyond his expectation.

They stopped by a river. Lucius smelled what drew Ingmor's attention before he saw it. The metallic scent couldn't be more familiar. He wrinkled his nose. Blood. Was this where he ran away?

"Nope. Got some poor saps along."
And when he wondered why the bear spoke so, they arrived at the bank of a river, where she stood alone.

"Badger?" The incredulous word escaped him. The word he had always called this friend of his. It took longer to actually remember her name. Lyra. She looked awful, even compared to him. Fuck, at least he was dry.

After his breakaway, Lucius tried not to think about his friends. Everything was already awful enough without imagining the fate of people he liked. Looking at Lyra here alone didn't bode well. Part of him wanted to ask if she knew what happened to the others, but part of him didn't want to.

He let Ingmor and Lyra talked. He had no idea what the fuck Miyoua are, but it sounded bad. Vows were never good or meaningless in myths. His eyes widened at the mention of another.

"Yeah, no problem as long as you don't run." He frowned at Lyra's smirk, brief as it appearance was. He found it hard to laugh when the situation was like this. "Who's the one with you? Paper Tiger? Border Collie?"

Lyra & Ingmor
Mentions: Damafaud Damafaud Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Lyra didn’t raise her head from the soft fur/moss of Ingmor’s back, feeling too bad about the loss of Fan to brave looking at Lucius, no matter how comforting the mention of the long-time nicknames felt.

“I lost Fan,” she mumbled just loud enough for him to hear over the rushing water. “I pushed him away when I felt myself being dragged down. . . I didn’t think I would make it. . . But he was unconscious the last I had checked, so I don't know if he made it at all.”

“It was a good thing you did child, the Miyoua only let you live for one reason alone, and that’s whatever the vow was. You are lucky to be alive, they have a preference for human blood, vicious fish they are.” It seemed Ingmor was trying to comfort her, but his words did little to soothe Lyra. Had she really done the right thing? It still didn’t feel like it was the right thing.

Ingmor didn’t let the conversation continue, instead he set a good pace, one Lucius could keep up with but wasn’t too slow to bore him. Even with all the doom and gloom of the last few hours, Lyra couldn’t help but marvel at the beauty of the land they were in. The farther they had gone into the forest the more vibrant it seemed to be; on the other edge it was all dark, mud and dread, here flowers, insects, even the slowing water glistened in sparkling colors too vibrant to be from Earth. If Lyra believed enough she could imagine herself a little child again, Augustus, her and the others playing in one of their lands of make believe. Yet, she wasn’t a child and this wasn’t make believe.

They walked a good forty more minutes, the river having carried Fan farther and faster than should have been possible. Ingmor only stopped every so often to check on Lucius whenever he worried his heart rate had begun to pick up. The trip had been easy and quiet, other than the sound of birds singing what almost sounded like actual songs melding in with the rush of the river. Ingmor smelt the death before they saw anything.

“Unsling your ax Little Red, something is ahead.” Ingmor’s voice growled out quietly to Lucius. Over the smell of dead goblins Ingmor caught the strange smell akin to Lucius and Lyra, but he wasn’t sure if it was alive or not; for the sake of his new companions he hoped he was alive, Ingmor was never good at consoling. He stopped long enough to order Lyra off his back which she did with quite a bit of effort, yet she kept back the cry of pain as she sunk down to the ground.

“Stay here child, we will be back to get you as long as everything is ok. . . Call if you need me, I will hear.” At Ingmor’s words Lyra’s blood chilled, her mind flying with all the possible things that could be wrong, or go wrong.

Ingmor only waited long enough for Lucius to ready and to replace his helmet before he continued his silent steps just around a bend of the rocky ground to where Fan had just recently fought the goblins. The stench of dead goblins filled the bears nose, but he still didn’t let his guard down even at the sight of the other red headed human.

“Is this your brother Little Red?” Ingmor’s voice growled out loud enough for both to hear, but he stood at the ready in case the other redhead wasn’t who they were looking for, a beast ready for any form of battle.

Cappy, Maeve, Lui
Mentions: x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

He had tried his best to console the pink haired fellow, but it seemed he had failed, which saddened and worried his little heart. Watching as the boy left the room he sent Maeve and Lui after him when they arrived, even if Cappy couldn’t help, Lui still needed to check him out. Cappy stayed on his spot on the floor a little longer before he stood back up and walked softly to wait by Nina’s door, in case she needed any help.

“Let me know if you need anything Nina!” He called out to her before he settled in, “I will be here if you have any more questions.”

Maeve, and Lui - a very human looking human- followed the paths of the halls, Maeve’s magic making it easy for her to track Koshi. Finding him sitting outside the throne room Maeve gave Lui a quick bow and left him.

“Hello sir, I’ve heard you have had a little bit of a scare.” While Lui wasn’t rude, he wasn’t very kind sounding either as he spoke to Koshi. Without waiting he kneeled down next to the boy and took his face in his hands, his grip hard enough the boy couldn’t pull out. He turned Koshi’s face back and forth inspecting it before he finally pulled back.

“No, no plague or sickness, though it does seem your body is very tired and in need of a break. The pink hair I believe is just who you are.” Lui quickly searched in a box he had been carrying and pulled out a dark vial.

“This will help calm you, only take a sip whenever you feel things are getting too much for you. It’s a blend of Chama, Areseia, and a lovely splash of water from the healing waters of Freshia.” He placed the vial into Koshi’s hands not taking a no for an answer and turned promptly to leave.

“Let Maeve know if you are in need of me again.” And with that Lui left down a different hall than they had just been. It would be awhile for the king to see the companions again as he had other things to do, plans to make, and would send for Cappy when the time came. He would give the guests almost free roam of the castle, but any area of limits would be blocked by magic.

"It is?" Koshi could only blink in surprise at first, as this man told him his hair was who he was and then givng him the vial of whatever it was. He got up and was still dying of boredom, so decided to walk around for a bit. He patted around for pockets and could only find one, the front of his shirt. Koshi wanted to say thank you, but he didn't know how to. He shrugged and took out the plug of the vial. He licked the liquid and had to gag, the liquid tasted like cough medicine, except a lot more bitter and a lot sweeter. He put the plug back in and decided whether or not he should through it away. Koshi quickly dismissed the idea, for two reasons. One, it was healing medicine of both mental and physical health. The had stopped worrying about his hair because the medicine tasted hat bad. Two, he couldn't explain it, but the vial created a sentimental value, and he was quite overprotective of it. He couldn't explain why this was and he was confused, but not panicky.

Koshi entered back into the room where Nina was and he couldn't find her, so he went somewhere else. He looked in a lot of the rooms for quite some time, before he went to the gardens. He couldn't find her there, either. He sighed in a bit of frustration, where could she be? He returned to his room, put his vial in the drawer and vaguely wondered where the others were. He hoped none of them died by stupidity. He also wondered what the king had in store for them. He wondered how everything worked here, whether or not he could make a good life here for himself. All that wondering and thinking actually made him fall asleep on the floor, against a wall.

Re: Meet 2

a2d65fffd0204a0905a7463bf9fe3b19.jpg

Lucius Angkasa
Near a river, in the forest
Interaction: Ingmor, Lyra

Mention: Paper Tiger [Fan]

Around: -

Death. From the moment he ran away from that cart, he had feared that much. It was good that Lyra buried her face in. The scowl Lucius had was anything but pleasant.

"Yeah, Ingmor's right here. At least you are alive."

The words felt heavy. As much as he wanted to wave the notion off, Lucius found himself with something piercing inside him. It hurt. It pissed him off. As much as he often teased that novelist, he didn't want the guy to die.

The walk after became a blur. Lucius dragged his leather boots, one step after another, over the soft mound. As adrenaline left him, the fatigue from... well, everything, started to set in. The mad dash from the cart. The brawl with the soldier. Then, chopping down seven trees and dragging them to the hole. Lucius managed with the pace they were going with, but his muscles screamed with every step he make.

So, he was thankful when Ingmor stopped. An opportunity to use different muscles. Lucius unstrapped his axe and gave it a few practice swings. Thinking of the fight ahead, his heart accelerated again. Fights. He never discussed it with the others, but he often got into fights. Gangsters, all that. He moved to a bad neighborhood after the divorce. Murder? He took a glance at Lyra, who was just stepping of Ingmor, and clenched his axe tighter.

Yeah, he won't hesitate.

Lucius crept forward as quietly as he could. He winced. The stench of blood got stronger. And there, by the river...

"It's him," he whispered back. His voice held a trace of amazement. Did Fan kill those monsters by himself? Guess he had to drop the 'Paper' from now on.

"Is there still any dangers around?"

Fan

Staring into the open flames while stoking his makeshift campfire helped Fan with coping. Gingerly rotating a stick with strange hunks of meat run through it. He began to think back on how he had gotten to this point. All this started when he finished writing his latest novel. Now he was practically in his own little story. Except unlike in the tales he penned. The morality of this bloodshed never felt hollow. Sure characters would rejoice, revel and even regret. Yet there was no way a simple paragraph or two could describe the emptiness filling him right now. He should feel happy that he survived. Maybe even disgust at the fact he took the lives of these living creatures. The moment he made his choice to survive. It was like something something broke inside. There were no good or bad feelings filling him. Just the warmth of the flames and the smell of cooking meat. Taking a few bites out of the slightly charred goblin meat. Fan felt like he was about to puke his guts out. It barely tasted like meat. He thought it only smelled bad. Although it was all he had. Either he starved or he adapted. Forcing himself to keep the retched flesh inside his gut. Fan emptied a water-skin into his gullet to wash down the taste of goblin.

After trying to strip the things of anything valuable. Fan found a pile of items that he'd assumed must of come from their most recent ambush. There was a few items he couldn't see any practical use for like damaged furniture or kitchenware. Though he'd also found clothes presumably from a long dead victim. Offering his condolences before mixing and matching with what parts of his own attire weren't damaged. His greatest find was a sword. Going by the standards of his world. Fan would have classified it as resembling a katana. Since his current weapon was rusted, damaged and degraded. He obviously made a swap. Gathering up loose valuables like coins and shiny rocks. He was about to leave when he found something that spoke to him. It looked like one of those folding fans. Picking it up, he found it was comprised of a metal frame with strange looking grooves in-between the sharp folds. It felt strong, comforting even. Holding this fan made Fan remember his mother, Anastasia Ambrose. She would wave around a fan when telling fortunes. Although reminded of the mother who left him and his father behind. The memory contained much needed comfort in these trying times.

Not wanting wild beasts to come by and hound him over parts of goblin he didn't eat. Fan was contemplating digging some holes when he heard the sounds of a large animal closing in. Instead of going for his sword, he raised his fan instead. Then he saw that it was a massive bear. Trying to find his footing in the face of such a creature. He was even more surprised to hear it talk. The one it referred to as Little Red turned out to be LUCIUS. A small part of him was glad to see a familiar face after so long. Though a greater part of him wanted to smack the other redhead upside the head for ABANDONING THEM to run off into the forest. Keeping his cool to avoid ticking off Lucius's new bear friend. Fan greeted the pair with a simple wave.

"You didn't die, Lulu"

Damafaud Damafaud TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins

Nina Simone Rivera

Nina was mostly submerged in water, her arms were crossed over the side of an elegantly made bathtub. She laid her head on top of her arms. Her expression was relaxed and slightly dazed as she stared at nothing. Being off her feet and somewhere where she was alone and could relax a little made her feel a lot better, physically.

Emotionally, Nina still wasn’t doing very well. She wanted to go home. She missed her brother. Her apartment. She missed being in her normal routine, when the world made sense to her. Now she was trapped in this unfamiliar place. Whisked away into this one by one of the most important people in her life. She trusted Augustus. Why would he bring her here? Her and the others- Nina’s eyes teared up.

Where were the others? Where were her friends? Were they okay? Were they even alive anymore? She had no way of getting any answers. Nina hid her teary eyes in her elbow and silently weeped. She was glad that she was alone at this moment. She wouldn’t be able to cry so genuinely in front of someone.

Nina stayed like that for a while. Though, she knew she’d have to get out of the tub eventually. So she forced herself to her feet. Ringing some excess water out of her hair before she grabbed a towel. It was soft. And warm. Nina rubbed it against her face before she started to dry off and get dressed. Once she was done she wiped off some fog on a nearby mirror and looked at her reflection.

She looked better, less weary and more soft. Meeting her own gaze, Nina realized it was more compelling than it used to be. More alluring; brighter. It took a moment for Nina to notice the change in the color of her pupils. They had turned white. Nothing else about her seems to have changed. Her sight hasn’t changed either. Nina frowned- she didn’t need another thing to worry about, so she accepted this new aspect of her appearance.

Nina stepped out of the bathroom brushing her hands on the new dress she wore. It was a simple off the shoulder dress. Simple wasn’t bad though. And Nina appreciated that. Nina noticed Cappy by her room door as she opened it to exit.

“Cappy.” She greeted the lamb fondly.

“Is there a garden here?” She questioned.

Ingmor And Lyra
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Damafaud Damafaud

Only for a second longer did Ingmor stand at guard, not sure he liked the stance of the other red head before he stood down, Lucius clearly knowing the other human. Ingmor nodded his head slightly, letting the two catch up before he spoke again.

“I must go back and get the other, it is not safe to be alone long in this forest.” That is if Ingmor’s worst fears were truly real, many things could have changed during his long slumber.

“You two should be able to handle anything bad until I come back,” his words were purposefully dark and forewarning, like he was trying to get under the boy’s skin. With a small chuckle to himself he turned and began running the distance back to Lyra, not needing to hide his presence now.

Lyra had done exactly as Ingmor said and waited, not like she could do much else. Between the blood loss, the soaking wet clothes, and the exhaustion from everything else that happened that day Lyra was in no shape to get up and explore. She sat between two larger rocks, hiding herself slightly from the woods behind, but angled well enough to watch both the forest and the river. . . Not that she was sure what she would be watching for.

The ever silent Ingmor reached Lyra much faster than it took for him to travel with Lucius at his side, and he couldn’t help but be relieved that nothing had actually found the girl. His releavement lasted for only a breath, the smell of her ever flowing blood worried the great bear, he wouldn’t let it show, but he knew she needed a healer and quick.

Ingmor hooked his helmet to his side and helped the young woman back onto the soft space between his neck and armor and was back on his path toward the others. Once again the smell of death was the first to infiltrate his nose, the next the strange smell of the humans. On his back he could feel Lyra sinking farther and farther into him, clearly growing weaker, his fur wouldn’t be enough to dry her, and his limited knowledge of humans would not be enough to help her wound.

The bear didn’t wait for any pleasantries from the two boys when he got back, there simply wasn’t enough time for it. “We must leave now or I’m afraid your friend here will not make it.” Lyra was conscious enough to hear this, but too weak to contemplate what it meant, all she could see and care about was Fan, sweet, sweet Fan.

“Oh Fan, I’m so happy to see you.” She croaked out, unsure when she had begun to lose the strength of her voice.

“The Miyoua may have saved her, but they have a tendency to play nasty little jokes, including not purifying wounds poisoned by their water.” There were many ways the Miyoua hunted, and in certain areas if already wounded animals landed in their water their magic was quick to absorb and take hold, making it near impossible to ever escape the fish people.

“If I remember right,” Ingmor raised his head to the sky staring at something the other two obviously wouldn’t know, “then the kingdom’s capital shouldn’t be too far off. Ready, or shall we let her just die?” Ingmor was lying of course, he wouldn’t let the girl die, though he wasn’t sure why, only the gods knew
most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back