• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Date: April 4th, 2030
Time: 12:34 am​
Sakda, The Weaver (Phantom)
Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Takumi98 Takumi98 Haze- Haze-

The overall storms that grew made Sakda grin wickedly, if it wasn't bad now, it could get far worse for them all. With everything that had been going on, Sakda needed this opportunity to escape, and retreat, the hostage was a perfect opportunity to regroup. Yet, it didn't go well, and as Ame yelled out for her to be named, it progressively got worse. "You bitch, that's right, you would rely on a GOD!" Sakda yelled outward, his fury growing, and becoming more animate.

Then, the name placed itself upon her, "NO, NO, NOO!" Sakda screamed as he gritted his teeth at the comprehension of Kami_X naming Ame. He gripped at the air several times where Ame had been, as she was named, and flew into Kami_X's hands. "YOU HEINOUS VERMIN," he swatted at the air, "YOU WHO BESTOWS THE POWER OF THE HEAVENS KNOWS NOT WHAT TO DO WITH SUCH POWER!" He reared his head towards Kami_X, teeth bared in a snarl, and his hands clenching tight enough to break his own skin.

His eyes narrowed as Kami_X chanted, but Sakda wasn't impressed. In his eyes, not much had changed, especially that pathetic form Ame had taken for the god. "Quite a pathetic form for such a great spirit!" Sakda, in despite of his anger, his fury, he was running on fumes and there wasn't much left to pull out. This was especially true, as he still had to hold back Susanoo with his power as well. It wasn't massive because the prison was fairly self-sufficient, but he still had to constantly fuel it with his own strength on top.

He looked around, Where is he? He was supposed to be here by now. He looked around for his partner, who was supposed to arrive, but clearly was going on their own agenda regardless of Sakda's plan. Typical, just what I expect from him! Damn it all!

The wind began to howl, and as the storm above them began to swirl, so too did the phantoms in the area. It was obvious that this had the potential to grow out of control, and quickly become serious if it wasn't finished quickly. Though, that just made Sakda even more cautious, he knew that the gods here wouldn't allow him to continue much longer. If anything, this attack Kami_X would prepare would be most likely the kill-shot, and wouldn't leave him much of a chance. Talking wouldn't work, fighting was becoming more difficult as this continued to drag on. Not to mention, Sakda felt himself sagging under his own weight, the clear draw back of the Soul-Weaving attack clearly pressing itself to the surface.

Sakda began to poise himself, once more, he thought, one more go, and then I'll escape. He flexed his hands in anticipation, "YOU AND YOUR REGALIA ARE NOTHING, YOU CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO ME!" Tough talk, but Sakda was ready to back it up if he had too. With Kami_X's hands glowing red, and an attacked poised ready to blast him, he was ill prepared. Even at this point, Sakda's previously clear mind began to fade, and crumble as he stood before them. His mind, it was becoming a jumbled mess, and he couldn't shake away the thoughts that continued to plague him. Lingering remnants of Daishin, even though his soul was burned away it still took a toll on him. He shook his head several times, his attempts to focus being feeble efforts.

"Bite me!" Sakda snarled out at Kami_X's request for final words, "You've got some nerve Kami_X, mark my words, I'll remember this. We're two beings with a very long life span, think carefully of the enemies you wish to make! I, who have enslaved a God, should be respected!" With this, the purple haze atop the roof began to swirl, and create a small vortex in the center of the rooftop.

Sakda's palm was outstretched before him, an attempt to gather the power that still loomed around them. Although, the severe extent of his injuries made the vortex begin to ebb, and flow in a constant rhythmic pattern. It seemingly pulsed, almost as though it were alive, like a beating heart it began to rise upwards. Yet, it wasn't for offense, Sakda had nothing left for that, he mainly pooled this resource between them in an attempt to eat the attack. "I need no hostage now, mark my words Hakuka, I shall bring about your end, alongside those you hold dear!" Sakda stepped forward, unsteady on his feet, but his conviction clear as day. He slammed his fist against the bone armor on his chest, "COME HEAVEN SCUM! I'LL ENGRAVE MY NAME UPON YOUR FLESH IN BLIGHT! I, SAKDA THE WEAVER, SHALL SHOW YOU WHOSE INFERIOR!"

Last edited:
Konjin (God) + Miname and Ezume (Regalias)
Date: April 4, 2030
Time: 12:35 am
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Haze- Haze- The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Red eyes glanced up at the sound of a shot, watching as a red beam came from the roof of the school building. The white haired god scoffed and rolled his eyes before flicking his wrist and opening the Kōki with a snap as much of the purple haze began to shift and move.

'Alright, let's try and clear the air a bit.' Konjin thought.

"You can count on me, Konjin-sama! Just be careful." The metal fan known as the Kōki replied, chuckling almost nervously. Konjin rolled his eyes once more as he lifted his arm, holding the Kōki above his head.

"This is the Land of Rising Sun. Hear me, I am Konjin. With my advent, the Kōki, I call upon the winds' aid and dispel thy vast defilement--Ruin!" With his short chant the Kōki glowed white, and Konjin brought his arm down fanning hard enough to cause a strong gust of wind to go through the open windows of Shirotome. There was a bit of an almost muffled rattling clang as lockers opened from the force of it, but the god didn't quite care too much as long as most of purple haze that heavily saturated the air was dissipated from the halls and rooms of the school. If it got rid of a few lesser phantoms inside in the process too? Even better.

"Konjin-sama, don't fan so hard or you'll hurt yourself." Kōki warned with a frown as he did his best to keep from causing any major damage to anything in the school. He had heard of a god living in the school, and didn't want said god angry with Konjin if any serious damage was caused in the process of airing out the place he called home, no matter how odd the thought was that a god chose to stay in a school of all things. In a way, it also wasn't really their place when it came to this god's residency and causing problems with the god in question would more than likely be on Ezume more than Konjin, and the young man known as Ezume, as Kōki the war fan, had every intention in owning up to any slight that may have been his fault.

Knowing his god, Konjin would likely say something mean and get on the god's bad side. Besides, a line had to be drawn somewhere when getting involved with things associated with the near shore residents.

Fwoosh!!

Being brought down again and, Kōki focused on blowing away noxious purple smog from the interior of another floor and out of the open windows and with every intent of letting there be room for purification and cleansing. If not in the whole place then in the places that may really need it.

Fwoosh!!

And again, for good measure. There was a snarl behind the pair, but neither paid it much mind due to it being the Biki, taking care of a lesser phantoms that had tried to get a drop on them from behind.

"That should do it for now. Good work." Konjin muttered gruffly as he eyed the roof once more, watching for movement from either ally or foe since it seemed whatever commotion had been going on up there had grown much more quiet. For a moment anyway, it wasn't long before he heard the sound of voices and what appeared to be a storm brewing.

Kurume was up there, and while he hadn't used the Nora except for once, he was still Konjin's regalia just as he was Kaguya's and any other that named him.

Konjin hadn't lost a regalia yet, but he didn't plan on experiencing it anytime soon.

'Hope no one does anything stupid up there.' he thought with a scowl.

"Konjin-Sama, please have more faith in your allies. It's not very nice to say such things." The Biki scolded softly.

"I'm not a damn kid." The white haired god hissed under his breath as he kept an eye on the roof, or at least what he could see from where he stood now, which wasn't much.

Time: 10:15 am​

Seiketsu no Yakko (God) and Regalias
Director of NA.jpg
5875f3eb95a51588f2903d7078ef5c54.jpg
4d0d273c800298da58df900e5ee3ef6a.jpg
Noragami rp.jpg
3ccfaddfb1b3465283460ac3ed439f93.jpg

"What's the situation?" the god asked, his tone filled with both annoyance and authority. "Disgusting and full of filth, so your typical highschool." Seiketsu looked over to his younger regalia Sawabi. The regalia had a bad habit of not taking things as seriously as he needed to. The look that Sawabi received was enough of a reminder that they had a job to do and so the Regalia began his actual report. "Well for starters most of the damage is physical, so not something we can fix. The track and the road outside are kind of screwed. Multiple thrashed windows and broken lockers on the inside. Dirt and the like flung around in the building. Janitors did the best they can. Frankly I'm surprised they even opened the school after last night." As Sawabi started to ramble on Seiketsu looked back at the school. He didn't know exactly what had happened last night, just that it had involved at the very least Ryujin. Possibly Fujjin as well. Normally Seiketsu wouldn't show up after one of these incidents, but last nights had been such a mess that he couldn't help but get involved.

Turning to his regalia he started to hand out assignments. "Subi and Sawabi you two take the first floor. Chikarabi will handle the second floor, and Manabi will come with me to the third floor where the filth is most pungent. There are multiple far shore ressidents still on the locale, ignore them. If they start becoming a problem send them to me. Water tanks first. I want every room sprayed down starting with the hallways. Classrooms can be saved for lunch when they are empty. If any phantoms are stupid enough to still hang around this place after last night then they have already signed their cleaning warrant." as he finished giving his instructions he received salutes from his four regalia as they set to work. From the back of the Van the regalia pulled out 5 sets of portable and highly modified pressure washers, each one was filled to the brim with Seiketsu's personal concoction of Holy water. Grabbing the larger of the five machines, Seiketsu strapped it to his back and checked to make sure that his regalia were ready. Satisfied that they were, the five of them entered into the school and split up into the assigned groups.

Upon reaching the third floor Seiketsu stopped and looked around. For the standard humans the Janitors had done a good job, a feat which earned them the gods respect. For the god however all he saw while looking around was filth. The aftermath of a strong phantom presence and the conflict of gods. Flicking a switch he set his washer to the mist setting just as his regalia had done. "My lord, shall we begin?" asked his oldest and most experience regalia. "Yes Manabi, Let the cleaning begin!" Although they acted on different floors all five began the processes of cleaning as one well oiled and time tested machine. With the machines on mist they would begin to cover the schools hallways in a light dusting of the superior holy water to be rid the filth left behind by the previous nights aftermath.

Unnamed Spirit
Karcen Karcen Azani, Dante Verren Dante Verren Miu

Time: 12:50 pm​

View attachment 839874

The spirit listened quietly again as the goddess spoke. The fact that he would have to see Yomi at times was a bit worrying for him at first, but he was relieved when she said that it would be near impossible for him to blight her. He would also be happy with working for her with the priest, but now he would be less worried about blight, which was the reason he did not want to be in Yomi. Even if he did begin to become corrupted, he would likely leave Azani, not to try to stop her from being blighted, but because it would prove he was not fit as a regalia.

"That is comforting that I cannot majorly blight you. I would be okay with going there for shorter times, then, maybe a few days at a time. While there I would still do my best to not corrupt myself." He then turned to Miu and responded, "I will do anything that can help you both with Yoshio."

Kami_X (God)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

Don’t mention it and don’t listen to his words, Hakuka. A hacker’s hands are their life and you’re a perfect fit.

If her form seemed pathetic to Sakda, it was because the god that named her was the hacker god. Kami_X wasn’t a god of heroes like Susanoo. He wasn’t a god that went out fighting monsters or undergone some sort rigorous training to join Heaven’s Army. His talent was in his brains. He didn’t see himself facing a giant 8-headed hydra phantom and living to tell the tale. If there was any doubt that Hakuka was the same spirit of the Imperial Regalia, Kusanagi no Tsurugi, it was dispelled the moment Kami_X saw the blue haired god in her past as well as the phantom that had killed her. They did say the Heavenly Sword of Gathering clouds was found in the belly of the Yamata no Orochi, after all. Hakuka’s old memories answered many mysteries regarding the famous legend that Kami_X wouldn’t have known otherwise from just reading lore posted on the internet. It was like a tragic love story had played out in his mind. Ametaru’s life as she was being shunned by the villagers for what she could see, her deep love for a god, and her death at being sacrificed by the people who feared/ were possessed by the Yamato no Orochi. There were missing details, of course, but it wasn’t difficult for the god of hackers to piece information he knew together. Susanoo no Mikoto must’ve named her right afterwards…or someone else intervened to save the soul, putting it back together so it could be re-forged into the Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi—also known as the legendary blade Kusanagi.

I’m the one who called you here for a potentially dangerous job from Nana anyway so I had every intention of naming you sooner or later.

The details of how or why the girl had became a Nora were lost to him, but Kami_X couldn’t care less about that. Right now, she was Hakuka—the divine gloves of one Kami_X—and the newest contract employee of the future Kami_X Wish-Granting Enterprise. That was the name that mattered to him. Whether it was Ametaru who had been made into a human sacrifice, Sasaki who died in war, Jousuke who died trying to protect others, or Megumi who died at the hands of her own mother, they were all pure spirits who didn’t deserve their death. The life she lived afterwards wasn’t his to judge…but it was obvious her deep connection to Susanoo. The soul didn’t change after all. He’d been watching them, unnoticed, for 40 years. Humans grew old, forgot things, changed their appearance, altered their views through various experiences in life, but their soul never changed. Roka was still had a huge protective streak. Megumi still craved love. And Ametaru…it was obvious from how she reacted to Sakda that she still cared for Susanoo—likely the first god that named her. Destiny, perhaps? Soul mates did exist, after all. People who, knowingly or not, found each other in death. After all, beyond all the superficial stuff, it wasn’t as if the deeper things that they liked about each other had changed.

If her past was anything to go by, Hakuka was probably still the loving spirit that didn’t hate the villagers no matter how poorly she’d been treated by them. She and #4389 ought get along.

I thought you said it was a vacation.

It’s both.
Kami_X mentally shrugged. No point in keeping anything a secret now. Anyway, we can talk about this later. We’ve got a bigger fish to fry.

Sakda the Weaver really seems to hate the Heavens…
Roka commented. I wonder which god he enslaved?

He’s challenging us.
Kami_X refocused his regalia. Don’t hesitate Roka, follow Hakuka’s lead, and pour all your strength into this. We’re going to exorcise him for Daishin here and now.

Or, at the very least, make the next attack one he wouldn't easily forget. Kami_X let the gloves guide his hands without resistance. Even if a regalia, she was the more experienced fighter, after all…though it was obvious the phantom was using words it knew would rile Hakuka up. He needed her to remain calm, otherwise his hands would sting more than they already did. Blight was a contamination of the spirit and extreme emotions made things worse. Spirits can kill and remain pure so long as they didn’t do it out of negative emotions like hatred or anger.

Then again, her powerful desire to protect her god could become a catalyst for her strength. Sakda didn't look like he intended to dodge or run away either.

“Such bravado when a smarter phantom in your situation would be begging for mercy.” Kami_X replied playfully to Sakda. Konjin, the chaotic god of metals and divine spirit of direction was taking care of the hazy gloom that Sakda left at the school. Meanwhile, the Bamboo Princess was keeping the other phantom company. He certainly hadn’t expected them to arrive like they did, but their arrival added to his advantage. Even if they just stood there, 3 vs 1 was could usually scare a phantom back. Stall long enough and more gods might come, drawn by all the noise. Of course, there was the chance that more phantoms would come the longer they dragged this out as well. “Very well. Let’s see what that armor of yours is made of—Shatter.”

Kami_X finished the chant, completing the spell, as the culmination of their spiritual energies reached its peak. He couldn’t say he had very much faith in himself as a god, but he believed in the strength of his regalias. That, for now, would have to be enough.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah The Secret Archives The Secret Archives Haze- Haze- Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:
Date:April 4th 2030
Time:12:35am
Hakuka (Regalia)
4E3A85FA-2640-4151-A8CC-55B722F02C68.jpeg

DC62A0C6-4170-41BD-8727-D1F8BAB93CDB.jpeg

“I will not, do not worry”
The regalia inhaled a calming breath as the phantom opposite them thrashed and cursed her name, her newly gained master ushering words that’s stilled her thoughts.
He was right, she couldn’t let Sakda’s words twist her resolve any longer.
The god named her and had planned to do so from the start, He explained sparingly that Nana had indeed arranged this which meant something was important enough to warrant her to be allied with another god. A rather unknown one. Questions would have to wait however as Sakda continued.
His tirade seeming more out of desperation and undeniable hatred for the way the events had played out. Her hand or rather KamiX’s hand tightened around the pistol grip as the god let his own control over his extremities relax. He put his trust in her abilities, he was putting his faith in her and the Roki at this moment. She couldn’t let him down.
He is right Roki the only thing we need to focus on now is our target, I want you to concentrate. Our only obstacle is the phantom before us. You will determine the damage we cause. You can do this I will guide you. Trust in my aim trust in me and your god. Together nothing is more powerful than we are now
She echoed from with the expanse that she now found herself as her body moved with the god training their aim as KamiX spoke to the demon who threatened everything she held dear.
Your bawling will not save you from my judgement Sakda the Weaver. You will fade and be forgotten here and my name will live on and never be uttered by your lips again. I will save Susanoo, I will destroy you and I will keep my promise. Now...
She was stronger than before although she didn’t know what that meant Hakuka could feel the power that KamiX lended them as he finished his words and her eyes steeled in conviction. She would fulfill the wish that the gods had taken on for the departed Daishin.
As the gods hands and handgun began to shine she allowed the energy to build his finger slowly embracing around the steel of the trigger.

“Shatter!!”
The loud resounding discharge of the gun emanating across the dark night sky as a blazing crimson light burst forth from the barrel a combination of Tamaki’s and Roki’s energies as the shot became larger than normal round almost beam like as it streaked towards Sakda.
The immense force would cause KamiX to be pushed back slightly as the Nora allowed every ounce of energy she had left flow into the fellow regalias attack. The beam widened as the darkness was replaced by searing red.
Tamaki would then let the barrel of the gun drop to their side smoke rising from the edge of the barrel and ejection port.

You did well, Kami you should revert me before I sting you further.
The girl explained as she huffed periodically from exertion. The culmination of her own efforts and injuries becoming more apparent than before now that the adrenaline of the battle was fading.
Still her mind was full of conjectures. Susanoo was obviously in danger, and he needed her now more than ever. Did he realize that though. For him to taken would have required an army or some devious scheme masterminded by those who knew how to get past the gods barriers.
Was Sakda working alone? She doubted that based on his comments to the red haired god. It appeared that their enemies were working together and potentially had the help of not just one god. The Nora couldn’t help but feel the answers were within their grasp. Maybe this vacation would shed light on what exactly the phantom had planned for her destruction...
She only hoped that Susanoo could hold out long enough for her to find a way to him.
That he would see reason and accept her help.

Don’t mind my worries, I will be alright but we should tend to our injuries I don’t believe this is the end of our troubles
She explained so as not to spurn questioning knowing that the gods that now accepted her as a charge could certainly feel what she felt.
That strange phenomenon that was part of a god naming a regalia for his own. That one way understanding of her emotions and thoughts.
Something most gods despised if the regalia was too loose at the tongue with their feelings.
She had learned well how to stifle these very feelings in order to better serve but at times it was best to be felt. Regalia after all were the way gods could discern right from wrong.
Only humans held those sentiments that was the price gods paid that and her death. She believed that was worse than anything she would ever endure and in respect for such sacrifice she would do everything in her power to help them. No matter what.

Interactions: KamiX/Roki QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Sakda The Secret Archives The Secret Archives Nox Haze- Haze- Kaguya Takumi98 Takumi98

Hiroki Niwa (Human) + Mirai Ueno (Human) & Ayumu Niwa (Human)
Time: 8:00 am
Mentioned: N/A

"You should really stop sleeping through your alarms." Mirai Ueno scolded lightly as she walked beside the Niwa siblings, her brown eyes landing right on the older of the two, who scoffed in response.

"It's not like I can control how I sleep." He snapped gruffly, tired eyes giving her a glare and she glared back in challenge. She could always bring out his gruffer side of him, especially in the mornings, but all three knew that he'd mellow out once he got a nap in. If he even could. He had been left up almost all night by those pesky phantoms after he got home and it got dark out, and by the time 12 AM rolled around and he was close to getting to sleep, he heard what sounded like a gun shot in the distance that alerted a few dogs in the neighborhood. He almost envied that Ayumu slept through it so deeply.

"You two would make a cute couple." Ayumu spoke up, teasing and grinning behind her face mask as both older teens recoiled at the thought.

"Not thanks, Ayumu. I'd rather die then date her, but hey how's Hajime?" He countered, earning a punch to the arm from both girls on either side of him. Ow.

"Hajime is actually gonna meet us on the way, then Mirai will be stuck with you the rest of the walk….sorry Mirai." Ayumu huffed, before giving the older girl an apologetic look with her words.

"It's no big deal, just make sure you guys stay safe the rest of the walk there, yeah?" Mirai replied. She had heard the rumors about the night before, but didn't see why the school would remain open the following day if that was the case and the rumors were true.

"Yeah, and you guys can make googly eyes at each other all you want without making me gag." Hiroki teased, wincing as he was punched again in the arm. In the same spot too. Again, ow.

It took about ten minutes before they met up with Hajime, then split up from there. The two older teens had slowed their walk while the two younger had kept on at the same pace and chatted animatedly with each other.

Time: 8:25
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Hiroki expected the school to look a little trashed if they still let students attend after a supposed freak storm in the area, but it was a bit more messy than any in his group had expected. The pinkette had found that his locker had been opened the night before, and while he hadn't left anything in it he wondered if it would still properly close and lock. His gaze scanned through the students that past, appearing casual despite not actually looking at anyone. No, he had an eye out for phantoms.

'They're kinda quiet today too, huh? Weird. Maybe one of those gods tried getting rid of them or something.' he thought as he tested his lockers ability to close and lock like it was supposed to, taking his gaze off of those passing through as he did so. Phantoms weren't around in large droves, so they must of been dealt with. Or elsewhere in the building. The thought of a bunch of phantoms gathered in one place was kind of creepy, in all honesty.

Sighing, he finished putting the stuff he wouldn't need away and, instead of heading right to class slipped away while Mirai was speaking to one of their classmates to find an empty club room to get a nap in before the school day would officially begin.

Using his short stature to his advantage, he walked quickly and weaved his way between most students still lingering in the halls, stifling a yawn as he considered the computer room.

'If there's an actual god in there, hopefully they're not a morning person and wouldn't mind me using the room for sweet sweet sleep.' he thought as he walked and put his phone on vibrate as he did so.

The moment he reached the club room in question he opened the door with a 'I'm coming in' and unceremoniously dropped his bag into a corner before laying down and using it as a pillow.

---

He's not sure how long he slept, but when he opened his eyes next and stretched, he felt at least a little better. Yet when he turned to get his bag he stopped when he noticed his still sleeping face.

'Ah, so I'm astral projecting at school now. Damn.' he thought, burying his head in his hands before perking up at a smell that caught his attention. It reminded him of...

'Smells kind of like Kaguya-Sama, but different.' he frowned as he stood, going to the closet. Whereas Kaguya's scent had reminded him vaguely of a fresh breeze of bamboo skimming over water, this he couldn't place. He knocked on the closet door with a shrug.

"Hello? Anyone home?" he called. Maybe this Kami_X could help him with whatever this was. Or with his sleep problems. He didn't know, the god had a closet in a computer room for Pete's sake.

Last edited:
Date: April 23rd 2030
Time: 3:33pm
Omiki, Haru
D6B178F3-8DDF-4615-B248-DAAA20B8B846.jpeg

Omiki hit the play button on her playlist of Aria songs before returning the phone to her pocket.
The sounds of people filled the air either with jubilant laughter, or discontent with the rising prices of various wares. The girl who had been released from Shirotome earlier in the day feigning illness. She was making her way through the swaths of others her head down as she mouthed along silently to the words being pumped through her wireless headphones as she finally made it to the edge of the sopping area which was a lightly populated.
The railings of a passing train descended accompanied by the flashing lights and sounding bells.
She stood awaiting for the train to pass removing her phone from her pocket to turn up the volume and restart the song she had been playing.
Her foot began trapping the pavement to the beat as she began to sing along her voice doing its best to harmonically balance with the artist.
She was happy, this was her solace in her irritable life.
The long walk from school was the only peace she ever seemed to find before she had to return to either a home with an abusive alcoholic uncle and uncaring mother.
School wasn’t much better. She was always wearing a mask and trying her best to fit in and remain friendly regardless of hso she could have others around her she could call friends.
It was exhausting...but Aria understood.
Her words were soothing and tugged at her heartstrings.
It’s like this song was made for her and she was eternally grateful for it. She loved Aria.
Without realizing the girl had now positioned herself on the tracks as she swayed back and forth to the music.
By the time the trains horn blared and the girl broke from her stupor as the song finished once more her face contorted in terror as the train passed over her unable to stop in time before hitting her and her life short.​

ThxMuch21
Anyone heard about the suicide girl who was found two days ago?

GururuXpX
Yeah, apparently she just walked right out onto the tracks dude, crazy! Her family must be ashamed.

ThxMuch21
Yeah apparently the authorities are saying she was unable to hear the train coming because witnesses said she was dancing...

PSoul<3r
Oh yeah my dad was one of the cops on the scene

GururuXpX
Whoa?? For real?

PSoul<3r
Yep he said she was apparently listening to music really loud but when they finally found her phone there was no music in her library storage. I wonder if she angered Aria

ThxMuch21
Aria?

GururuXpX
Who that?

PSoul<3r

O.O she is only the best artist to come out of Kyoto ever!!! She is up and coming but everyone that hears her songs immediately loves her. I wil post the link!!! ;3

Ennnnjoy guys it’s a great listen 🎧
There is a rumor that if you think anything but positive thoughts while listening to her music she punished you uwu

ThxMuch21
Well it does sound awesome how could she think to be so negative to our AriaChan.

GururuXpX
#AriaLife!!<3
Yeah screw her I am glad she is dead then.

The user GururuXpX has disconnected.

The blue light on the boys computer screen shone in the darkened room slowly panning over the now still body of the young man who called himself GururuXpX on the forums sprawled out against his computer desk his fingers still poised to type the next post as the song continued to play in the background.
His mother’s calls to come down to dinner going unanswered. The screen flickered for a moment with a symbol, a phantoms symbol before the music stopped and the mother opened the door
as her scream echoed into the neighborhood upon her discovery.​

Date: April 4rd, 2030
Time: 12:53 pm
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu
Azami.%28Kagerou.Project%29.full.1237452.jpg
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

Azani did not really know what she had expected from a spirit, they would only know that Yomi was a bad place of defilement. They did not realize it was only so because humans made it such, they believed it was and phantoms had to come from some place. As much as heaven could be thought of the sanitized ideal of humanity stripped of all that was corrupt, then Yomi was where that cast off darkness went, and with it some form of humanity. The gods were not above the very actions that would blight a human or spirit. It was an annoying idea that was unlikely to fade, the gods of heaven were getting stir crazy as the neglected the world, perhaps they would kill more of themselves with another failed attempt to cleanse the uncleansable. Well she didn't plan on doing much with this spirit and with her faith growing and becoming more public she would just name more phantoms, at least a few would have to be reasonable like Miu.

" I see that will have to do, i do need to check on Yoshio we do need to talk of the faithful" Azani said knowing it would seem like more busy work as it was, though Inari still needed to be spoken to. " Miu any last comments before he gets a name?" Azani asked wanting to make sure this was all good with the prideful and possessive phantom and Azani needed to think of the names for the spirit, she also needed to make up a clan name. Well that was easy enough the name however needed some meaning.

Time: 12:37 am​
Sakda, The Weaver (Phantom)
Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Takumi98 Takumi98 Haze- Haze-

What was there to do, what could I hope to accomplish...
Sakda's thoughts lingered in his head as he stared down Kami_X as they were readying to pull the trigger against him. The very situation seemed hopeless for him, I couldn't stand against the heavens. They're too bright, too brilliant, and there's no hope to tear them down from their pedestal. Even as Sakda had been standing there poised, ready to fight, his own will and strength began to elude him. His own demise was staring him down, and Sakda felt the weight upon his chest pressing him down. His steps slowed, and the luminous red light began to peel away the darkness that surrounded them.

His hazy vision cleared, and he found himself looking at a shade of Daishin, an image of himself in his best of days. Even now, after Sakda burned away the essence of Daishin, Sakda's own soul tried to right itself in the calming, comforting glow of this red light. It wanted to knit together the pieces that had been torn asunder before he found himself exorcised. There was no doubt, Sakda reached out towards Daishin in an attempt to bridge the gap between the two. An attempt to rekindle a former existence, and to be able to move on without regrets.

He reached out, meeting the hand of Daishin's shade, and gripped it tightly. The two of them looked at one another in silence, and everything continued to grow brighter breaking apart the darkness that surrounded Sakda. The beam of Kami_X's attack growing, and becoming a culmination of true power of God & Regalia combined. It initially stung, burned, singed away at him, however, he didn't feel that now. As he gripped the shade's hand, he felt peace, and comfort, as though this is where he was meant to be. Yet, it didn't last.

That warmth began to elude Sakda as a deep bone chilling cold gripped at him from the pit of his stomach, and began to surge out across his entire body. The shade of Daishin caught ablaze by his very touch, and began to burn away just like any hope at peace Sakda had once left him before. His choice was made clear, he destroyed the essence of Daishin using it as fuel for his endless contempt for the heavens. Yet, despite this, it had tried to right itself in the presence of God & Regalia as they intended to exorcise him. Sakda's being wanted to be freed from these depths of despair, but it had no options remaining. An endless torment that would continue to sink deeper, and deeper without an lifeline to pull it back to the surface. That was what Sakda had done when he used the Soul Weaving to break free of the 'shackles' Daishin had placed upon his Phantom self. But, now, Sakda wasn't Daishin anymore, and all of Daishin's former self, memories would be consumed by the corruption that was rooted in his core as Sakda, The Weaver.

Sakda sunk in his heels, as the sound of the discharge erupted from in front of him, and his vision was soon overcome by the color of red. "I WILL NOT FALTER BEFORE THE HEAV..." His voice was overtaken as the beam as it surrounded him. It tore at him, seared away at him...

Date: ???
Time: ???
Sakda, The Weaver (???)
Interaction: ???

Sakda found himself enveloped in a warm light once more, and no longer was he standing atop the roof. He stood in a blank space, where there was absolutely nothing, a void. He was no longer bearing his bone armor made from the lives of those who dictated themselves towards faith. There was nothing, he was bare, just himself and nothing more.

He looked around, unclear of what was happening, "Was I exorcised? Is this what has become of me...?" He looked down at his hands, and immediately could through them to his feet. "Ha...Ha, It looks like that's it." He threw back his head letting out a hearty laugh, "What a disgrace to be taken out by such a minor god! I was too full of myself, WHAT A DISGRACE!" Sakda thrust his arm outwards with raw rage intended to smash against something, but his arm just trailed through the air. "I can't accept this!"

He sulked in raw annoyance as he peered around once more, "What a bland place can't believe this is what I get after everything." He turned around once more, and found himself staring upon an image of what he hated the most...

"YOU..." Sakda's rage flowed from him, and he screamed at the top of his lungs, "YOU DARE SHOW YOUR FACE..." This was unforgivable, and now she dared to show up in his own demise too. "KAMUY-HUCI!!!"

Beside a hearth that had suddenly appeared in the space, the Ainu Kamuy (Goddess) stood there tending to the fire. It was blazing in full, but it was obvious that if she didn't do what she was, it would go out. "Now child that's no way to talk to the one who gave you the blessing of the Kamuy, and invited you into her humble abode."hearth-tending-old-sturbridge-village.jpg She turned to look at Sakda with a toothy grin, "You've changed since we last spoke, and look at what you've done to yourself." She snickered at the state that Sakda currently found himself in, "You're throwing a tantrum like some poor snot nosed brat." The firewood in the hearth popped, and several embers leapt outwards, "You wonder what this place is...no?" She gestures to the space, "I brought you here in mind and spirit to rekindle you, poor long lost poppet." She reached out her spare hand cupping his face, "Poor thing, you just don't understand, Phantom or not, you belong to me..." She ran her hand down his cheek caressing it, "And no on..."

Sakda smacked her hand off his face, and backed away from her, his former bare appearance breaking apart to regather his skull armored attire. "YOU OWN NOTHING!" He stared down at the Kamuy who seemingly claimed ownership over him, "YOU'VE TAINTED MY VERY BEING!" Sakda withdrew the Jambiya he carried as it was no longer lost since they were in this odd place. "YOU'LL PAY, I'VE PLANNED FOR THIS DAY TO COME KAMUY-HUCI!" He raised the blade preparing to strike at her, "I'LL KILL YOU!"

She waved a dismissive flick of her wrist at him, "Ha, your little tool is splendid. Clever even, but don't think you can raise a hand at me, boy!" As she raised her hand at him, Sakda found his own free will striped away, and his fingers uncurled from the Jambiya, dropping it. "Now, sit and shut it." She flicked her hand again, and Sakda turned to sit into a chair the appeared behind him. "Shall we begin..." She withdrew a log from beside the hearth, and added it to the flame, "I intend to save what's left of my poor little poppet." Her face turned to show that toothy grin to Sakda again. But, even as she spoke, a bright light enveloped them and eroded the vision that was held together.

Time: 12:39 am​

An astonishingly bright white light appeared, then collapsed upon itself before erupting outwards from where Sakda stood. His feeble attempt to slow the blast from Kami_X had not done enough to hinder its power. Like any other phantom before him, it was as clear of an indication of exorcism as one could get. Even more-so, where Sakda once stood all his different artifacts of holy-stature laid on the ground untouched by the blast from Kami_X. Like his Jambiya before, they were seemingly crafted to withstand the power of the gods by using their most devout followers as material. However, it seemingly didn't help to stop the onslaught that had come as now, there was nothing left. As it stood, Sakda was gone.

The deep purple haze was even mostly eradicated on the rooftop from the blast, but the ongoing storm, and phantoms still seemed to crawl towards the location following the lingering scent of what once was.

It was done, an eerie calm befell upon the group as now that Sakda's raving mad yelling had ceased. There was nothing left to overtake that senseless mockery, at least it was relatively peaceful now. However, a single breeze passed by Kami_X carrying a soft gentle whisper, "My dearly beloved poppet is not yours to lay claim to Patron God of Hackers. Mind your manners, young one." With these words spoken, all that was left was a lingering scent of firewood crept through the air following the suddenly warm breeze. Despite Sakda being gone, that didn't hinder his effects of his spells that had been woven. Instead, they would merely begin to unwind themselves over a weeks time, as if they were being unwoven by some kind of natural order.

Last edited:
Time: 7:00 a.m.​

Ryotaro Hirai
"You're...needed."

"Of course...fine."

"I don't...anymore."

"Not my fault"

Once again, the sound of birds singing their morning songs chased away the distant voices that tried to drag him back into a pit of unpleasant memories and the emotions that came with them. As his blurry vision started to clear, Ryo brushed away his bangs and turned his head to face what last night's uninvited guests left behind. He didn't even bother to sit up as he stared at the miasma-like trail that led to the front door. It reminded him of last night's conversation, something he would've liked to forget about. Just remembering everything he said and heard made his head ache.

Before he could pump himself up and find the energy to get out of bed, a sudden fit of coughs forced his body to jump out of his sheets. His throat and chest burned, and each cough made his head feel worse. When it finally ended, he felt drained. All he could do was take deep breaths and stare at the bandages he left on the floor. He focused on the name that had been written on the familiar white roll, looking at each character with narrowed eyes until another series of coughs forced him to look away. "Just can't catch a break."

Date: April 3rd, 2030
Time: 7:00 p.m​

After parking his bike, Ryo walked to the front door, soaking wet after driving back home in the rain. His keys nearly slipped out of his hands as he pulled the wooden frame to the side. He was exhausted, but he still had to cook and take a bath. Amazingly, he hadn't emptied his stomach after enjoying Rika's soup, but he still needed to eat actual food before going to sleep. He also had to finish the study guide he planned on giving to Kenji. Unfortunately, the night was still far from over.

Entering his home with a weary sigh, Ryo removed his wet shoes and repeated his usual greeting. "I'm home." Announcing his arrival to a dark, empty hallway was normal for him, but something was off this time. The lights he always made sure to turn off before leaving were on. There were also two pairs of shoes in the entryway he didn't recognize. Before he could even think about who they belonged to, an unfamiliar voice called out to him, responding to the words that always went unanswered. "Welcome back!"

Drops of water falling to the floor with each step he took, Ryo walked further into the office, approaching whoever wandered inside. The usual couch soon came into view, but he didn't recognize the man who was lazing on it like he owned the place. The man was resting on his side, staring back at him expectantly as he ran a hand through his red hair. For an intruder, he seemed fairly calm, almost like he was about to yawn in his face. "Yo."

For a moment, Ryo remained silent. When he opened his mouth to speak, water trailed down his face, tickling his cheeks. "Could you not put your feet on the couch? That's rude, you know." Didn't this guy know his manners? Probably not, considering he was fine with breaking and entering.

"That's it?" The redhead quickly shot up, the volume of his voice making it clear that he wasn't too pleased with that response. "I've been waiting this whole time for you to show up and be surprised, and that's all you give me? What's with that lame reaction?"

"I already knew you were here." There were remnants all over the place, and none of them belonged to his earlier visitors. "Besides, this isn't the first time I've had a god show up unannounced." Brushing his hair to the side, Ryo watched as the pouting man let his body hang over the arm of the couch. After meeting Ryuujin, he could identify gods by looking at their remnants, so he already knew this person wasn't just some burglar. The same went for the regalia who was currently making use of his kitchen.

"Please forgive me for using your kitchen without permission. You were standing out in the rain, so I thought I'd prepare some tea to help you warm up. I've also set aside a towel for you." The speaker emerged from the kitchen carrying three cups of tea on a tray, offering a gentle smile as she apologized for her rudeness. That soothing smile quickly faded when she looked at the man on the couch. "I already told you not to put your feet on the couch. Please don't make me repeat myself." While her words didn't sound very harsh, the look on her face was enough to make the god sit properly.

"Yeah, yeah. The kid took his sweet time playing around with Ryuu, so I thought I'd relax a little. It gets boring just waiting around with nothing to do. This place doesn't even have a TV."

"I assume you're talking about Ryuujin. Are you two friends of his?" Taking a cup from the tray, Ryo turned to face the intruding god. This strange situation would make a bit more sense if it was related to the case with Mizuki, but there were still a lot of questions that needed answering. At the very least, he could tell that the pair didn't mean any harm.

"Finally showing some interest, huh? Well then, allow me to introduce myself." Clearing his throat, the man stood up and placed his hands on his hips, looking a bit more energetic now that he was done waiting. "I'm Hachiman. I probably don't need to explain any further, right? After all, you're already familiar with gods."

"I guess you could say that." Ryo raised a brow as the black-haired woman placed a towel on his head and began drying his hair, but he quickly turned his attention back to Hachiman. "So, why has the great protector of Japan decided to visit my little office? Did you hear about my great services and affordable prices? Or does this have to do with the jellyfish that recently washed up on the Near Shore?" He responded calmly, but he was a bit surprised after learning the man's identity. Hachiman was one of the most revered gods in Japan, having tens of thousands of shrines dedicated to him. Aside from the business with Ryuujin, he couldn't imagine why someone like this would suddenly show up.

"Something like that. The situation is a bit more complex, but I probably shouldn't be the one to explain it. I'll leave that to my friend here. If she decides to take a break from pampering you, that is." Ignoring the look he got from said friend, Hachiman continued, scratching the back of his head as he watched how she treated the detective. "How come you're never that nice to me? I got caught in the rain too, didn't I? Don't I get a towel?" In response to the complaints, his most trusted comrade threw the wet cloth in his face, making a loud smacking sound as it wrapped itself around his head. He could only reply with a muffled "thanks" as he sat back down.

Clearing her throat, the woman urged Ryo to sit down as she took the seat next to Hachiman. "As he said, I will be the one to explain the reason for our sudden visit. My name is Yumi. I am one of Hachiman-sama's regalia. Although, I'm sure you were able to figure that out by looking at me."

There was a brief pause as Ryo took a sip from his drink. He already assumed that Yumi and Hachiman knew about his abilities, but the regalia's words confirmed it for him. "Did you hear about my special talent from Ryuujin? Or have you two just been watching from afar? Oh, are you fans of mine? I'm happy that I caught your eye, but it's a little embarrassing to know I have admirers." Even if Ryuujin told them about the jellyfish case, he doubted that he would have mentioned his eyes. The pair had probably been observing the situation without getting directly involved, but that raised more questions. Why didn't he notice them until now?

"We've been aware of your ability to perceive beings from the Far Shore for a long time. The reason being..." Instead of continuing, Yumi looked at Hachiman, her calm expression wavering a bit. The man simply nodded, as if giving her permission to speak. After that gesture, the woman took a deep breath, regaining her composure. "There's no proper way to say something like this, so I'll be direct. While I am called Yumi, I've only answered to that name since I became a regalia. Before then, my name was Kiyoko Hirai. You and I share the same blood, as well as the abilities that come with it. I was the first of our family to possess what you call a pair of divine eyes. I understand that this may be difficult for you to believe, but I assure you that it is the truth. It's a lot to take in at once, so I'll give you a moment to process what I've said. I'll answer any questions you have when you're ready to ask."

There really wasn't a proper way to say that. It likely wasn't a subject that was discussed very often. Even in a world filled with gods and phantoms, something like this was very hard to believe. However, Ryo did believe it, and the revelation nearly caused him to drop his cup. For a moment, his mind was blank, but then it was filled with an endless flurry of thoughts. How was he supposed to feel about something like this? How was he supposed to respond? "So that means..." He lowered his head as he trailed off. He was trying to deal with many complex thoughts and emotions, but he still had to say something. It couldn't have been easy for her to reveal something like that, so he had to give something in return. In a situation like this, he could only think of one way to respond. "You're like my grandma!" Quickly raising his head, Ryo leaned forward and looked at the woman with a smirk on his face.

"G-Grandma?" Yumi jumped a bit when the detective spoke up. Once again, the usually stone-faced woman lost her composure, unable to hide her surprise. She kept opening her mouth to speak, but words refused to come out, held back by an obvious mix of shock, annoyance, and embarrassment. The few stutters that slipped out were difficult to hear over the sound of muffled laughter that came from the man sitting next to her.

Hand covering his mouth, Hachiman half-heartedly attempted to stifle his laughter. "This kid really doesn't respond the way you want him to. A grandma?" He was very amused after seeing his friend get so flustered, but it suddenly became less funny when he felt a threatening aura directed towards him. Doing his best not to look Yumi in the eye, he tried to cover up his snickering by whistling.

"I was worried about how you'd react, but you must be feeling fine if you can make jokes like that. I'm glad that you're still in good spirits." Regaining her usual calmness, Yumi continued with the conversation. However, her cheeks were still fairly red.

"I guess I was a little surprised at first, but I got over it pretty fast. I wouldn't have lasted long in my line of work if I couldn't handle this. It's not like talking to the spirit of a deceased family member is unheard of. People try to do it all the time by seeking help from mediums. We're just doing things a bit differently." Compared to some of the other things he'd experienced, this was much easier to handle. While unusual, it wasn't anything bad. "Are visits like this common for regalia?"

"While I can't speak for every regalia, I don't believe many have done something like this. Most of us have no knowledge of our past lives. And as you already know, interacting with people from the Near Shore is quite difficult."

"Then I guess that makes you pretty special. Why is it that you can still remember things from when you were alive?" When he first laid eyes on her, Ryo could tell that Yumi wasn't normal. While she was clearly a regalia, her remnants were slightly different from Uroko's. it reminded him of the subtle change in Mizuki's remnants after the phantom evolved.

"There are a lot of factors, but you can probably say it's because she's blessed."

"Blessed?" Ryo tilted his head a bit as he turned to face Hachiman. That wasn't a term he was familiar with. While he knew what it meant to blessed, it likely didn't have the same meaning in this context.

A smirk appeared on Hachiman's face when Ryo asked his question. Crossing one leg over the other, the god puffed out his chest a bit before answering. "It means a regalia loves their god so much that they're willing to die for them. Because of that love, they transform and become stronger. Isn't that right, Yumi?"

"You're free to believe that if you'd like."

Resting his chin on his palm, Hachiman let out a deep sigh after Yumi's quick dismissal. "So cold. You're gonna make me cry."

Listening to the two go back and forth, Ryo couldn't help but think of Ryuujin and Uroko. The pair from the sea had the sort of relationship he expected to see from a master and servant. However, when it came to Yumi and Hachiman, it was difficult to tell which one was in charge. Was it common for gods and their regalia to bicker like this? Maybe it had something to do with Yumi being blessed. "Well, now that introductions are out of the way, let's talk about why you're here. I doubt you came just to have a nice chat with your descendant."

"Yes, that's correct. As you said, this is related to the matter regarding Ryuujin-sama's former regalia. However, the incident itself is not the main issue. We've come to discuss your involvement. You placed yourself in great danger by getting involved, and you easily could have lost your life. This wouldn't be the first time you've done something like this either. It's been almost one year since you started running this business of yours, and you've constantly put yourself in harm's way." Yumi leaned in closer, her Intense gaze focused on Ryo's eyes. "I've come here to make a request. Please put an end to this. Sooner or later, your luck will run out and you'll end up suffering. There's no need for you to keep risking your life."

Shaking his head, Ryo set down his cup and let out a small sigh. "When you said you had a request, I was hoping it'd be the kind that lets me get paid. I was really looking forward to getting a share of the great Hachiman's fortune." Smile still on his face, he crossed his arms and met Yumi's gaze. "I'm running an important business here, so I can't just close my doors. Think of all the people who'd be sad if they couldn't see me anymore. Besides, sticking my nose where it doesn't belong is just me embracing our family traditions." He already knew about his family history. While he was never able to confirm if what he read was true, this visit suggested that it was.

Despite Ryo's attempts at brushing her off, Yumi refused to budge. "I'm not demanding that you shut down your business. I only ask that you stop getting involved with phantoms and gods. While it's true that our family has a long history of doing so, circumstances were different during my time. This is a new age, and those circumstances have changed. It's not necessary for you to do so. We were not granted these eyes so we could throw our lives away. You should not even possess them."

Ryo twitched when he heard those words, but he stopped himself from acting on the explosion they triggered inside of him. Somehow, he pushed through it. Just like before, he forced himself to ignore everything and focus on the conversation, unwilling to let himself crack. "What do you mean by that?" How was he supposed to interpret those words?

Hands on her knees, Yumi grabbed a fistful of red cloth before she continued speaking, her expression now looking more troubled. "Since the beginning, only the women of our family were born with the ability to see the trails left behind by spirits. While they possessed some degree of spiritual sensitivity, the men lacked that ability, and they were only tasked with keeping records."

"And why is that?"

"The person who can best answer that question is the one who gave us this ability." Looking away from Ryo, Yumi turned her attention to the red-haired god next to her. "During a time of great hardship, I prayed to Hachiman-sama and asked him to lend our family his strength. He answered by blessing us with these eyes and promising to watch over us."

"I was a little pissed off at humanity during that time and refused to answer prayers, but she just kept coming back to that shrine. Just when I think she finally gets the message, she threatens to go off and handle things herself if I don't help. She eventually forces me to make this promise, but because I never set a time limit, I've had to keep honoring it for hundreds of years. Your progenitor forgot to mention that bit." Pausing to take a drink, he shook his head and returned to the actual question. "I didn't intentionally limit my blessing that way, so don't go judging me for it. It probably has to do with affinity. I always communicated with humans by using shrine maidens, so that may have had an influence. Well, it doesn't really matter why it happened. The important part is that you shouldn't have those eyes, but you do. It may have something to do with your mother's side of the family."

"I doubt it." If his mother had any spiritual awareness, she'd probably still be around. Instead of blaming the other half of his genes, Ryo offered a much simpler explanation. Placing his hands on his chest, the boy bashfully looked away and raised the pitch of his voice. "I've always had the heart of a maiden." Yumi didn't seem to agree, remaining silent as she stared at him with a deadpan expression. For once, Hachiman was on the same page as her, responding in the same way.

Ryo shrugged and returned to his previous position. "I guess it really doesn't matter why. Getting an answer won't change anything. I've always been a freak among freaks." It didn't change anything. His situation was still the same. However, now that he had this knowledge, it was difficult to stop thinking about it. He wasn't supposed to have this ability, but he did. It had such a major impact on his life, and it contributed to his biggest regret. Now he knew that none of that should've happened. In the end, all of it was still his fault, but the circumstances that led him to that point resulted from an error. If everything happened like it was supposed to, he probably wouldn't be here right now. All he ever was, and everything he ever did, was an accident.

Placing his hands behind his head, Ryo sank deeper into the couch and yawned. "Even if you say I'm not supposed to have this ability, I think it suits me just fine. Although, I could do without all the headaches and the creepy voices whispering in my ear. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen." If everyone with this ability had to suffer the same effects he did, it wouldn't be very useful. Hachiman gave them this blessing so they'd be able to protect themselves, but it could do a lot more harm than good.

"That's correct. From what I've seen, your abilities are very limited. When interacting with the things you call remnants, you have no control over what you see, and you are only given visions of a soul's past. Normally, you'd be able to pick through those memories as you please, having complete control. Those eyes should allow you to see past, present, and future, but it's clear that you're unable to divine such things. As for the side effects you mentioned, I'm afraid I have no answer.After all, your circumstances are unheard of. It's possible that your abilities are still in their growth period, and you're suffering from something similar to growing pains. If you're lucky, the pain and voices will fade with time. However, this could also be a sign that your body is rejecting what shouldn't be there." With a furrowed brow, Yumi leaned in closer. "You've been using your eyes a lot recently, and your condition has been worsening as a result. Even I don't know what will happen to you if you continue down this path, so it's best if you stop immediately. But don't think that will be enough to solve the problem. Today, your body harbored the soul of a god, and you wielded a regalia. While the method is different, you still touched and connected with those souls. It must have had a negative impact on you." She kept raising her voice, not bothering to hide her concern as she placed her hands on the table that separated her from the tired-looking youth. "I swore to always protect this family, and Hachiman-sama has graciously gone along with my selfish request. However, if you remain as you are, there will be nothing I can do. Getting close to the Far Shore is too dangerous for someone like you. Please see reason and put an end to this. If you don't, I fear that that you will meet a terrible fate."

Yumi gave him a lot to think about. It was true that he'd been feeling worse since he allowed Ryuujin to possess him, but he assumed that it was just a result of messing around with Mizuki's remnants. If his divine eye was just a cheap knockoff, then a lot of things made sense. Looking into the past always caused him pain, and his terrible luck ensured that he'd suffer for long periods of time. He could predict the appearance of phantoms, but it was probably a far cry from what he was supposed to be capable of. No, that wasn't the right way to think about it. He wasn't supposed to be capable of anything. He was lucky to even be born with a shoddy imitation of the real deal. However, Yumi didn't seem to think it was a good thing. Well, she had a point. Like she said, he was on rails to die if he didn't stop. She spoke the truth, but she failed to ask an important question, one that would've made this talk pointless.

Sighing once again, Ryo sat up straight and finished the remainder of his tea. When he moved the cup away from his face, he showed the woman a cheery smile, contrasting the frown she'd been wearing ever since she started talking about gloomy topics. "Y'know, Yumi-chan, it's not like I never thought of these things before. I may do some crazy things, but I'm not stupid. When I choose to get involved with things like phantoms, I always think about the risks. Even if I'm just chatting with a little spirit, I think about what might happen as a result of my actions. You see, I like helping people. Money aside, I always get a fuzzy feeling when I see a person's smile after putting in a bunch of work to help them with their problems. However, at the end of the day, I'm still super selfish. I like other people, but I like myself even more. I love myself, and I'd never want anything bad to happen to me. So, even if it meant helping someone, I wouldn't put my life on the line.That probably makes me sound like a bad guy, doesn't it? I read a lot of stories about our family and how they slayed evil spirits, so you and the others must've been really good people. But I'm a defect, so I think I can be forgiven for not being as selfless as you." Jokes aside, he meant it when he said he wouldn't throw his life away for the sake of someone else. She didn't have to worry about him dying on the job. Survival always came first. "Ah, but I'm not done. See, I don't want to have any misunderstandings between us. I really hate those. I'll always do my best to protect my life, but it's not like I'm worried about dying. I just don't want to croak before I pay off these debts. It's not like people in our family are known for their longevity. Pops died young, and my grandparents passed away before I was born. Based on your appearance, I'm guessing you didn't live a very long life either. I guess bad luck just runs in the family. Maybe we took on a curse along with these abilities." Ryo laughed as he considered the possibility. Yumi, on the other hand, didn't seem to share his sense of humor.

Frown yet to turn upside down, Yumi slammed her hands on the table. "Don't try to brush this off! Even if you claim to think things through, there's no way of knowing what'll happen if you keep acting this way! If you truly valued your life as much as you say, then you'd stop this at-"

"You sure like to nag a lot. You really are like a grandma." Smile widening, Ryo interrupted the regalia with a voice full of cheer. He spoke sweetly, but the words heavily contrasted his tone. He knew Yumi wouldn't have the most positive reaction to that comment, but he couldn't resist teasing her. He'd been a good boy so far, but this conversation was making it hard for him to stay on his best behavior.

Yumi gritted her teeth, clearly trying her best to deal with Ryo without letting her emotions get this best of her. Before the red-faced woman could get another word in, the sound of laughter filled the room. She and Ryo turned their attention to Hachiman, the god making his presence known after silently listening to their conversation. This time, he made no effort to hide his amusement.

Getting up from his seat, Hachiman walked to the other couch and plopped down next to Ryo. Smirk on his face, he closely examined the detective. "I like you, kid. You really know how to keep things interesting. I've never seen Yumi get worked up like this. I'm a little jealous that Ryuu got to you first."

"I'm flattered." As Hachiman looked him over, Ryo took the opportunity to examine the source of his divine eye. "I never thought I'd have a connection with such a well-known god. When I think about it, we do have a few things in common. Does my interest in archery and calligraphy have anything to do with your influence?"

"Nah, that's just a coincidence. I'm a god of many talents, so things like that are bound to happen. Ah, but speaking of archery, I fired off a few arrows out back. I didn't get a chance to shoot any today, and I got bored while waiting for ya, so I borrowed that bow of yours. It's a quality weapon, but it still doesn't compare to my Yumi." Hachiman chuckled again, but paused when he saw the bandages wrapped around Ryo's arm. "Got an injury? If ya want, I can fix that up for ya. I may not look like it, but I'm a healer."

Shaking his head, Ryo declined the offer. "My arm healed a long time ago. This is just an experiment of mine." Unfortunately, the only way to see if it worked was if a phantom got its hands on him. He was almost forced to test it yesterday, but it proved to be unnecessary.

"I see." Once again, Hachiman rose to his feet. After grabbing a marker from the nearby desk, he knelt down and grabbed Ryo's bandaged arm.

"What are you doing?"

"Signing it. Isn't that what humans do?"

"That's for casts."

"Whatever. Then just think of it as a good luck charm. Phantoms won't want to mess with you if they think I've marked you."

When Hachiman was finished, Ryo eyed the kanji. It felt like he was being branded. He said he was jealous of Ryuujin, so was this the redhead's way of marking his territory? He had no idea what Hachiman was thinking when he wrote his name, but Ryo was more concerned about what effect it would have on his experiment. The other markings were separated by a few layers, so it probably wouldn't be an issue. Although, that was just a guess.

Deciding not to give the signature too much thought, Ryo pulled his arm away. However, Hachiman was quick to grab it again, and he refused to let go. The god placed his thumb on Ryo's hand, and for an instant, his eyes flashed with a white glow. Ryo knew what that meant, having experienced it many times himself. When he realized what happened, he pulled his hand away again, but he already knew it was too late. "Did you plan to do that from the start? I'm hurt." Despite knowing that it meaningless to do so, Ryo continued to speak with the same tone as before, beaming at the man in front of him.

"I didn't really have a choice. I don't like doing this, but we'll never get anywhere if you won't be honest." Being the one who gave the Hirai family the ability to interact with souls, it was obvious that Hachiman could do the same. However, unlike those who had been blessed, he was not bound by certain limitations. As a god, he could touch the souls of the living. With a simple touch, he could learn everything he wanted to know. "You've done plenty of good things and helped a lot of people. You've been through a lot, but you're pretty tough. In a way, you remind me of the people in my family." It sounded like Hachiman was giving praise, but the slight frown on his face made it clear that he wasn't happy about what he saw. "But I can't commend you." His friendly disposition vanished along with the vision, and he became increasingly upset as Ryo refused to wipe the smile from his face.

Ryo shrugged as he got up from his seat. Grabbing the empty cup, he walked to the kitchen with a spring in his step. Hachiman could poke through his head as much as he wanted, but it wouldn't affect his mood. "Fine, I get it. You guys really want me to stay out of all the spiritual business that goes on in this city. Although, I'm not the one you're trying to keep safe, right? You just want to make sure the family lives on, and I'm the only one who can make sure it does. If there were more of us running around, you probably wouldn't be here. After all, the bloodline is what you really care about, not me. Ah, but don't get the wrong idea. I'm not upset with you. You're just trying your best to keep that promise you made. It's admirable that you've remained so dedicated for all these years. I really feel that way, which is why it hurts me to say that you're wasting your time." Refilling the nearby kettle, Ryo ignored his guests and focused on making more tea. Luckily, Yumi already set out everything he needed.

"What do you mean by that?"

If Ryo bothered to turn around, he would've seen Yumi look at him with a concerned expression. However, because he was too preoccupied, he kept his back turned. "Oh, was I right? I had a feeling, but I still wasn't sure. Looks like my intuition is as impressive as ever."

"What do you mean?" Raising her voice, Yumi repeated the question. Contrasting Ryo's chipper attitude, she was taking this very seriously. Considering the topic, it was no surprise that she'd be this worked up.

Finally giving Yumi some attention, Ryo looked over his shoulder as he emptied the contents of one cup into another. "I meant what I said. If you just want to protect the bloodline, you're wasting your time. I don't plan on continuing it. I'll only ever be married to my job. I know, it'll be such a shame for Kyoto to lose its most eligible bachelor, but that's how it is." Enjoying the tea's aroma, he exited the kitchen with cup in hand and lightly blew on the dark liquid. "Long before you two showed up, I made an important decision. I decided that I'd never let myself get too close to someone. Like you said, getting involved with spiritual stuff is dangerous. Things could've gone really bad this time, and that's probably why you broke into my home and started making demands. Phantoms aside, I also have to worry about AFAH. It's dangerous for me to get involved, but it'd be a lot more dangerous for other people. I don't plan on stopping, and the danger won't just go away. So, when you think about it, getting involved with me is also dangerous. That's why I can't get too close to people. I have such a magnetic personality, so setting boundaries can be difficult, but I can't just act like a sourpuss and push people away. That'd be bad for business and would end up spreading negativity. It's tough, but I think I've found a good balance."

"And you're okay with that?" Hachiman's gruff voice lacked the same energy from earlier. Instead of a frown, he now wore a stoic expression, but it was still clear that the god wasn't pleased with what heard. "Your actions today suggest otherwise."

"What do you think?" It was pointless for either or them to ask questions now. Hachiman saw everything, so he already had all the answers. "I'll admit that I got a little carried away, but can you blame me? These were pretty unique circumstances. Besides, I can't just switch up my attitude and push people away without warning. These things need to happen naturally. Otherwise, there could be problems down the line."

"Have you considered how other people feel?"

"If you're talking about my classmate, then you don't have to worry. I may be amazing, but it's not like I'm important to her. I don't think she'll lose any sleep if we don't see each other anymore. We got a little close, but that's just because of the situation we were in. I just happened to be the one who dragged her into it. Give it a month or two and she'll lose interest. Until then, I'll act normally and keep offering my services."

He'd gotten a little sidetracked because of Hachiman's questions, but Ryo quickly returned to the point he was trying to make. "No matter what you say, I won't stop. As long as I can still help people, and as long as I'm still paying off debts, I'll keep playing detective. I won't say no if you insist on watching over me. It'd make my job a lot easier if a powerful god was always keeping me safe. However, if you're just interested in protecting the bloodline, it'd be wasted effort. It doesn't matter if I die in a ditch or live a long life. I'm the last one, so you don't have to worry about your promise anymore. I'm not saying this to be rude. I just don't want you to waste your time." Any time spent watching over him would be better spent answering prayers. Ryo wasn't going to change his mind, so nobody would benefit from Hachiman sticking around. There were plenty of other people in the world asking for help, and he'd just be distracting the person who could give it to them.

The room was overtaken by an uncomfortable silence. Yumi had been the loudest of the three, but now she just looked to the floor, her bangs barely concealing her troubled expression. Meanwhile, Ryo just drank his tea. There was nothing left for him to say, and anything the other two said would fall on deaf ears. It was impossible for them to come to an agreement, so there was no point in continuing the conversation. Hachiman seemed to realize this as well, finally speaking as he returned to Yumi's side.

"We should leave before Yasu starts to worry." He only received a nod in response, his regalia unable to come up with any words. Patting Yumi's shoulder, he turned back to Ryo. "I won't try to convince you to change your mind, but I still want to say something before I go. This may be the last time we meet, so i don't want to regret not getting this off my chest while I have the chance." Closing his eyes, Hachiman bowed his head. "Ten years ago, I fought a war against the phantoms to protect my friends and family. However, because my attention was elsewhere, I was unable to do anything as you and your father suffered here. I failed to keep the promise I made to this family, and it cost your father his life. Apologies mean little compared to the pain of loss, but I am afraid that is all I can offer. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry."

Even as a god lowered his head to apologize to him, Ryo's expression remained the same. While gentler than before, he still wore a smile. "You can raise your head. Something tells me a god shouldn't be doing things like that. Besides, there's nothing to apologize for. It's true that we had to deal with phantoms, but I like to think that Pops was able to resist them until the end. I have faith that he was just an idiot who pushed himself too hard and paid the price. We made our own decisions back then, so we're the only ones responsible. And just like back then, I'm making my own decision now. You two don't have to feel responsible for me."

As soon as Hachiman looked up, the visit was over. In the blink of an eye, the god and his regalia vanished, neither of them saying farewell. "Goodnight." They wouldn't be able to hear him now, but Ryo still offered the pair a parting word. He always spoke to people who couldn't hear him, and this was no different.

Ryo was finally alone. It felt like he hadn't had a moment to himself in a long time. He spent the entire day moving from place to place, constantly running his mouth and trying to wrap his head around things that made no sense. Nobody else was around, and he didn't have to worry about the case anymore. He could just breathe. However, instead of enjoying the quiet, he gritted his teeth.

Time: 12:53 pm
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Spirit ( CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu )
Miu.jpg

Well it seemed like this spirit was a more intelligent being, instead of just addressing Azani he had addressed Miu as well. That was very good and it meant he was already following the hierarchy. It was likely other spirits wouldn't have shown Miu any respect or if they did they would have done it out of fear. Showing respect out of fear was fine. Fear was just another form of acknowledging ones power and superiority, for a phantom who was born and thrived off of pride any acknowledgment of her power was satisfactory. It just so happened that this particular spirit acknowledge her power in a much more polite and respectful manner. Looking over at Azani she nodded her head, "Very well. I think this one will do. He isn't a great as myself of course but that would be impossible to find whether it be phantom or normal regalia" she said in a slightly less irritated than before.

Although she would never admit it, she was glad that they had found one that would work rather quickly then having to question multiple different spirits. If she had to deal with the irritation of being in this building for too long she felt like it might drive her insane. Of course it would take a while for that to happen but that constant biting , crawling, and itchy feeling all across her skin was maddeningly annoying. She also had no intention of playing nice with the common rabble that called this place home and owuld match their distasteful glares with her own. Over all her being here for too long was just not the best idea.

Time: 12:55 pm

This arrangement would just have to due for now, Azani had never been big on the clan idea of regalia, or the collecting of them. Azani had gone through many spirits and while it might seem like she named them and abandoned them on a whim, she did not collect or force them to stay. A god needed only one weapon in her mind, one regalia that was theirs, but that had never been followed. She could never find a soul that was incorruptible when faced with the just how she had always worked. Perhaps with new regalia and a new image being spread, and when her shrine was done she could gain what her mothers had and no longer even take on blight, then she could name and keep only phantoms in her service. Well Miu had accepted him and he seemed to understand the order of things, Azani could not deal with a regalia who might seek to usurp Miu or not show her the deference she deserved as that would just cause headaches. Azani knew Miu would never tolerate being equal to another let alone second and Azani could only have regalia that understood that fact.

" Good then that is all settled, luckily it didn't take long" Azani said not that is was settled and there was one last thing. She had never really made a clan before and had honestly just named spirits as they came with little thought, Miu was a first and now Azani had to make it a trend. " You, with nowhere to go and nowhere to return… I grant you a place to belong." Azani started keeping with the orginal spell not needing to alter it for naming a phantom " My name is Azani-omikami. " She continued using the name that her followers were spread, a new name for a new regalia " Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name, I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a Regalia. " The chant continued and neared the hardest part the name, it had to have meaning and keep with the clan, but Azani had a feeling about him and the name came to her " Thou art 忠実羽 Chuujitsuu . As regalia 黄金刃 Koganeha . Come Koganeha" Azani finished as the names appeared on the spirit now chuujitsuu and he took a new shape, that of a weapon, a sword short and curved from a distant land.

Date: April 15th 2030
Time: 0730am
Retsuko(Yaksha5)

EECB1B1B-82AC-470E-B4AF-56B7D4894557.jpeg
“Focus!”
Another fist collided with the vinyl wrapping of the punching bag the impact causing a muffled this to echo around the training room.
“Again.”
Once more the girl twisted her body putting all her weight into the strike.
“Five, don’t see this as training. See this as survival. That bag is your enemy and unless you take it down with that next strike it will devour you..again!”
Sweat dripped from her face and beaded along the edges of her skin the tank top and leggings she sported were dampened with her effort.
They had been at this since 0530 before the sun had even rose into the sky.
She gritted her teeth pushing past the aches of her fatigue. Her body screaming to her that it was on fire and that she could just stop and it would be over. That was her mind however, the brain sending signals that caused the nerves in her body to react that way. Like Hiro always said it’s all in your head, you just have to beat that mental game and your body will take you further than ever before. Her fist clenched as she turned into the punch striking once more releasing a loud exasperation of frustration as she did so.
Suddenly a sharp pain at her heels and the world felt as if it was suspended her vision moving from the bag and Hiros face to the bright lighting on the ceiling as she was slammed to the ground the air leaving her lungs as she inhaled deeply and began to cough.
Hiro squatted down beside her shaking his head after having slammed her on the training mats.
“Your Dead... that’s enough for today Five, shower up, get chow and meet us on C deck for resonance training..”
“I’m not done”
“Yes you are”
Five spun kicking her legs out in an effort to trip the man who had been training her. He deftly stepped to the side as she worked quickly to a standing position. She maintained a readied stance to fight.
The adult man raised a brow as she repeated her earlier statement.

“I said Im not done!”
Her words spoken as her fist moved towards her new opponent but it was quickly thwarted as Hiro grasped her fist turning as he brought her wrist down and then back towards herself before twisting the pain causing the girls body to move like his puppet. She was now helpless an arm behind her back as he pressed his weight against her and pushed her into the floor once more.
“Do not ever try that again, you have talent but you lack the experience and patience to judge your opponent, and Five..”
He tightened his hold on her causing to to yell out in pain as she slammed her free hand against the mat in protest.
“It’s sir or One do you understand?”

“Yes...yes sir”
“Now go conduct hygiene and get chow, 0800 hours be staged for resonance training”
“Yes sir”
The girl offered a bow but her mentor had already turned and exited the combatives training area.
She internally cursed herself for losing her temper as she left herself and walked back along the corridors towards her bunk grabbing her uniform stark black in color except the two patches one the symbol of a demon mask placed over the left breast pocket and the other her callsign placed over her right shoulder.
The girl made her way to the latrines and turned the shower on with a grinding hiss as steaming water showered her. After washing and changing she put her hair up and returned her dirty clothes to her bunk. With a sigh she started back down the winding maze that was the base they lived on.

——————————————————————
“Retsuko seems to be improving?”
“Five isn’t ready for field ops yet if that’s what your insinuating”
Hiro and another man exchanged idle conversation from a table seated in the dining facility as other military members meandered through the line. The pairs attention however was fixated on Retsuko as she sat alone in the corner eating her meal.
“You picked her Hiro”
“No you did, and then stuck her with me. She is too young for this kind of lifestyle and although she is strong she doesn’t know how to”
“Not be human?”
The officer creased his gaze in irritation at the other the statement an underhanded attack at his own past.
“I can’t have her hesitating when the time comes, it’s not like she will be fighting humans”

“Well, that is why you are training her. And she needs to be ready... you have an assignment and she will be deployed with or without your approval”
The sly smile spreading across Jin’s face as he slapped down the dossier which held the mission orders and other pertinent information for Hiro to study and disseminate.
“Hiro....I am not asking you to take it easy on her, I am asking that you and your team prepare to face death and come out on top. This world is full of monsters and right now you four are the demons that will be released to stem the tide. Don’t forget that”
He expressed with a clap of his hand in the mans shoulder before he made his exit catching an off glance from Retsuko as he left the canteen.
Hiro slid the file closer and began reading knowing that it was Jin who pulled the strings here and that what he said went regardless of rank. His gaze shifted out the window of the base nothing but endless ocean as far as he could see. The base they were stationed on conveniently built four miles off the coast of Japan. For their protection and secrecy or to keep them imprisoned he didn’t know for sure.

——————————————————————
Retsuko entered the room on deck C the sliding door sealing after her. The room was mainly white with green and red lines adorning the floor to show directions to the next area from this room. The lights were bright as always which didn’t help with her headache as she was greeted by two individuals in lab coats. They escorted her to a reclined chair of sorts mechanical in nature with all sorts of wires, tubing and medical apparatus attached. Once seated they almost immediately stuck with an intravenous line and hung the fluids before another syringe was deposited into the access port on the tubing.
They began asking her questions as they strapped her into the chair her eyes began to feel heavy as her eyes listed to the left noticing the other three members of her team already under in their coma like states.
“Alright Retsuko you have a green light for descension the others will be on the deck waiting for you”
The woman’s words were muffled as Retsukos vision began to darken until her eyes closed and that weightless feeling returned once more.
The attendant keyed up the radio at her hip before speaking.

“Yaksha 5 has begun descent all vitals are normal”
That was the last thing she heard before her eyes opened once more standing beside herself the girl looking down at her own body which looked so lifeless she would say she was dead if it wasn’t for the monitor recording her pulse.
598CE641-F4C7-4BE6-949C-A8471D8910F7.jpeg
She reached up feeling the ethereal looking horns that formed whenever she underwent descension. Even after four months this was still strange but at the same time wonderful. Retsuko wasted no time leaving C deck and heading up to the top deck the suns light shining in full glistening amongst the ocean spray as the waves hit the metallic structure. Three others awaited her seemingly invisible to all others working along the surface of the facility.
“Ready?”

“Yes sir, Yaksha Five reporting for duty”

Chuujitsuu/Koganeha
Karcen Karcen Dante Verren Dante Verren

Time: 12:59

1613761053447.png

The spirit closed his eyes satisfactorily as the goddess started the chant to give him his new name and new role. When she got to where she said her own name, he could feel a warmth start to travel over his body, as if it was always there but covered by something laid over his skin before now. It was a smooth wave that came over him and gave him a happy feeling combined with his naming, an unusual feeling for him. Then he felt himself filled out with life, replacing an empty feeling he didn't know he had. He barely had any time to enjoy the feeling before it disappeared. Instead his vision was replaced with white in front of his eyes but recognition of the world around him in his head. "This is how it is in weapon form, isn't it?" he thought to himself.

"You're not going to leave willingly, are you?"

"No. I only want to serve you. Miss Hayakawa is much too listless for me, and I cannot do much for her. You seem that you will have much more to do every day."

She remembered how boring that Hayakawa-san had been and nodded her head. "Yeah... She really did seem so."

"Then please, let me serve you."

"No, go back to her! You shouldn't just be running off for a new boss after you only just met them. Aren't butlers supposed to be loyal?"

"I cannot go back. I already packed my items, I no longer live there."

"...Ugh, okay, you can work for me. I don't think I need a butler, but I could use a bodyguard."

"Thank you, Choko-sama!"

"Here is your Gyokuro tea, Choko-sama." Inukai-kun placed it in front of her as she said a quick thanks, despite how he always insisted she should not. She blushed as she took a sip, realizing an embarrassing change in their relationship. At first she had been annoyed often at his submissiveness and want to obey her every command, but after him working for her for a month, she grew used to his odd personality, even grew to like his presence. She just hoped he didn't notice.

"I'm not going to punish you. I don't care about all those masters, as long as... as long as you stay with me."

"Do you mean it?"
    Inukai-kun's two-toned eyes shone beneath the glasses that he only wore when he was alone with Choko. They lay on her bed facing each other, her hand tracing the collar of his v-neck shirt, both of his hands holding her other.

"I do. What you did before has nothing to do with me. Just promise me... that you'll stay."

He smiled a teared smile and kissed each of her fingers, then moved his head, mumbling into her palm, "I swear to you, I will protect you forever. Even when I die, I will be looking for you."

"I promise."

"Choko-sama, please wake up. I have found the reason you were sick. Someone poiso--"

1 am, he opened the door to her bedroom. She had been sick for a week, but he had just now learned of the poison that must have been added to something she ate or drank.

A man in the room beside the bed jerked his head over to him. He had two tanks on his back, one that led to a mask over his face, the other left to leak gas into the air. Propane. He was suffocating Choko, who was already unconscious.

"Choko-sama!" He charged at the room at the assassin that was trying to kill her.

"Thank... thank all the gods that may still be living that I could save you."

The assassin was not untrained. Gas was his manner of killing, not because of weakness, but because it left no evidence other than a touch of scent to the air that might disappear by the time the police came. He had taken the oxygen mask and tank that the assassin had brought with him and put it over Choko's face. He was too weak by this point from knife wounds and suffocation to carry her out, not even to bring himself to safety. He wasn't sure he would leave her anyways.

He reached out for her hand that was at the edge of the bed until he realized how bloodied it had become. "No... I cannot get your precious skin dirty." He pulled off the glove and was satisfied that his palm was completely clean. He held her hand and waited for her to wake up, but she wouldn't. Just before he lost consciousness, he whispered, "I love you, Choko-sama."

First she noticed the sound. A hissing or wheezing breath that had slowly woken her up. She knew it was herself when she opened her eyes. A mask covered her face, unlatched but tight enough that all she breathed was what it gave her. Finally she could feel. The mask's weight, the thick blanket and soft sheets... a hand that held hers.

She turned her head left and saw Inukai-kun's head, finally heard his slow breaths that died before she could say anything.

Last edited:
Time: 12:45 p.m.​

Ryotaro Hirai
"Wrong." Reaching over his desk, Ryo gently tapped Kenji's head with his notebook. "This problem is just like the last one. Just use the formula I showed you and you'll get the answer. You'll just confuse yourself if you overthink."

"Like this?"

"Like that! All right, that's twenty questions. You can eat now."

"Finally..." Breathing a sigh of relief, Kenji grabbed the sandwich and carton of milk that had been set aside to make room for stacks of review sheets. Unwrapping the food Ryo previously held hostage, he looked across the two desks and faced the captor. "Did we really have to do this during lunch? That's just cruel."

Placing his lunch box on the desk, Ryo shook his head at his classmate. "Your schedule doesn't give us a lot of options. I'm doing my best to prepare you for the exams with the time we have. I even spent all night making that study guide for you while I was sick, but you're treating me like the bad guy. That's what's really cruel. I think I might cry." His words failed to match his expression, Ryo showing off a smirk when he took off his face mask to eat.

When Ryo mentioned the guide, Kenji looked over at the notebook his tutor hit him with. "I appreciate the effort you put in, but are you sure that'll be enough for me to pass? What if the exam covers stuff we didn't study for?"

"You don't have to worry about that." Still looking smug, Ryo wagged his finger. "These questions will definitely be on the test. Knowing the material is important, but so is knowing the teacher. If you pay attention to how they act in class and understand their personality, you can usually predict what questions they'll ask." He'd been using that trick for a long time, and it made preparing for important exams a lot easier when he didn't have much time on his hands. Although, he already learned the high school material a while back, so most of his studying just involved refresher exercises. "With me as your tutor, no test will be a problem for you. By the end of the year, you'll be in the top ten of our class. As long as you're willing to keep paying me, that is."

"I'd rather aim for something more realistic..."

While Kenji seemed to doubt his claims, Ryo noticed a small smile hidden behind the sandwich. He hadn't spent much time with Kenji, but the look on his face seemed much better than before. The dark circles under his eyes were going away, and his mood had improved a lot since they last met. Overall, he seemed happier and healthier, but Ryo wasn't ready to make any bold claims. Even though the phantom had been dealt with, that didn't mean all of Kenji's negativity would suddenly vanish. Until he was certain his classmate would be okay, he planned to keep observing him. That was the main reason he offered to be his tutor, but he probably wouldn't be needed for much longer. Kenji had some trouble studying, but he wasn't dumb. He just needed a little push in the right direction.

"Have you been sleeping okay?" Twirling a chopstick between his fingers, Ryo paid close attention to how Kenji responded. While he wanted to know how the boy was improving after the incident, he also wanted to see if the recent changes around the school had affected him in some way. Since this morning, he'd noticed a lot of strange activity around Shirotome High. Remnants of all kinds were crawling around everywhere, and there were a lot of damages. He wasn't sure what happened, but he could tell that it must've been chaotic. He'd have to collect information from some of the other students, but they most likely wouldn't know anything useful. Kami X would definitely know something, considering he lived in the computer lab. There was also the ghost that remained tethered to the school, but he decided against going to her. It wouldn't be good for his image if he was caught hanging around the girl's bathroom.

"I guess I am, now that you mention it. I'll admit, that dreamcatcher freaked me out a little, since it kinda looked like it was made of bones, but I haven't had any trouble sleeping since you gave it to me."

"If you think it will work, it'll work. You could call it a placebo effect, but I prefer to think of it as mind over matter. That goes for a lot of things, including math. If you think you can do it, you can do it. So don't go doubting yourself or that dreamcatcher!" It was good if Kenji was able to believe in the effect of the charm without thinking of it as something spiritual. He wasn't sure how things would go in the future, so he wanted it to be reliable for a long time.

"Speaking of that dreamcatcher, Murakami-san was there when you gave it to me. I'm surprised she isn't studying with us."

"It's not like we're attached at the hip. We only just started talking to each other recently. And she hasn't hired me as a tutor yet, so I'm afraid her grades will be in danger until she does."

"I didn't mean it like that. You mentioned that she was bad at math, so I just thought she'd be here. But now that I think about it, I guess it was a little weird to see you two together. I've never seen you hang out with anyone from class."

"I'm pretty busy these days, so I don't have the time to be as social as I'd like. That's why I really treasure these moments together." Ryo winked as he picked at a piece of fried chicken. Of course, he couldn't say what it was that kept him so busy. Not many people from school knew about his business, and the ones who did only knew him as a guy who took requests from people around town. As intended, the spiritual side of his work wasn't known, and it prevented him from gaining a negative reputation. He still talked to the other students, and he generally got along with everyone. Back when he was a member of the archery club, he often spent his days hanging out with his fellow members and other classmates after school, so people still had a favorable opinion of him, as far as he knew. Although, following last year's tournament, he hadn't really had a lengthy conversation with anyone.

"Oh!" Coming to a sudden realization, Ryo leaned in closer, grinning from ear to ear. "Were you hoping Murakami would be here? Now that I think about it, you did only come to the field because she asked you. Don't tell me you li-"

"No!" Waving his hands, Kenji quickly looked around the room, making sure no one overheard what Ryo said. Once he was satisfied, he took a breath and returned to his meal. "It's not like that, I swear. Please don't give anyone the wrong idea."

"Then is it me? You did say you've never seen me with anyone, so you must have been playing close attention to me. Were you just asking about Murakami because you were jealous? Sorry, but I just think of you as a frie-"

"No!"

Time: 3:20 p.m.​

Nodding to himself, Ryo closed his phone and focused on the door to the computer lab. He still had to pick up the order he placed last night, but he had enough time to ask Kami X a few questions. He could've used the same method everyone else used to contact the god, but there was no telling how long he'd have to wait for a response. Besides, he didn't feel like hosting another god this week. He was starting to run low on tea and snacks.

Putting his phone in his pocket, he knocked on the door before opening it. It wasn't necessary to do so, but he wanted to be polite. This was technically Kami X's home and he didn't want to barge in without notice. People from the Far Shore had been popping in and out of his office as they pleased, so he knew how it felt to be a victim of such rude behavior. He also wanted to check if any club members were inside before he had to explain why he was there. "Pardon the intrusion!"

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 1:00 pm​
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Chuujistuu ( CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu )
Miu.jpg

As Chuujitsuu was named Miu let out a "Tsk" of both annoyance and relief. On one hand she had just lost her position as Azani's sole regalia. A fact that she wasn't happy about in the slightest. On the other hand this meant they could get out of this ridiculous place. She couldn't wait to feel the fresh air of the outside world, or even better the corrupted atmosphere of Yomi. Now that was going to be refreshing. Not wanting to be completely rude Miu struggled to produce a small smile, "Welcome to the service of the great Azani." she said through gritted teeth. "Are we done here then?" If she still had her own wings they would be flapping in impatience at this point.

Still looking at the weapon form of Azani's new Regalia at least it was fitting. A golden weapon, a color radiating magnifigance and extravagance. Still des[ite having the appearence and style to fit the goddess of redemption Miu would not approve of the new regalia any time soon.

Konjin (God) + Miname & Ezume (Regalias) & Kaguya (Goddess)
Time: 12:39 am
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Haze- Haze- VeiledPariah VeiledPariah The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

"Konjin-Sama, phantoms are still coming, how do you wish to proceed?" The Biki asked, one hare shaped phantom trapped between her teeth, and with a squeeze and a ghastly squeal from the pink creature,it dispursed with a pop. The god and his Regalias noticed the beam from above, meaning that something got exorcised. It was almost impressive.

'Hm, let's deal with a few more of theses pests, then head up and check if anyone up there's hurt, then proceed from there.' he instructed, knowing deep down that the Biki could only do so much on her own. Even with the Kōki's help, it would be a waste of time currently to try and exorcise so many lesser phantoms at once like this.

Fwoosh!!

With a swing of his arm, Konjin used the Kōki to send a sharp gust of wind to push back and cut down many of the lesser phantoms to give them some room to work with.

"Miname, draw a borderline along the entrance for now." He ordered, the Biki who stayed close to his back nodding as she reverted to her human form behind him. Creating a halberd with her fingers she drew a line at the school's entrance, knowing it'd only be a temporary fix for the time being. It likely wouldn't last the whole day even, but as long as it kept a good number of lesser phantoms at bay for a while then it was enough.

"Good, let's go." Konjin replied, holding out his hand to her, which she gladly took.

Time: 12:41 am

With Miname's hand in his, he used the Kōki to give them a boost with a gust of wind. Landing on the rooftop, he released her hand and she drew another halberd and sent a glowing blade of a borderline at one lesser phantom that had followed them from below, cutting deeply into it and tearing it apart without so much as batting an eye. Meanwhile, Konjin's red gaze took in the current situation with an unreadable expression as he processed it.

The scent of burning wood, like from a fire or a fire place, was the first thing both Regalia and god picked up on, and with a glance to each other a small silent conversation was had. Frowning, Konjin's gaze went back over those present more critically this time. They eventually landed on Kami_X, after lingering a few seconds longer on the phantom that more or less didn't seem like a major threat currently. The Bamboo Princess didn't need his babysitting anyway.

"Hey, Brats. Neither of you hurt?" He asked, earning a deep frown from Miname beside him that he ignored.

"Konjin-Sama, don't be rude." She spoke, only getting a grunt in response.

"Don't worry about me, Konjin-dono." Kaguya replied, unbothered by his words. She had simply kept an eye on the proceedings of the exorcism, and keeping an eye on the other phantom who...seemed very odd, in her opinion. Then again, phantoms were odd creatures whether they were evolved or not.

Konjin huffed, but addressed the red headed god specifically as he spoke next, "If you are hurt, my Kōki can help purify any blight with some water. If that's not part of your problem then tough luck."

He was matter of fact, and truthful about what he said. Though the Kōki would likely only be effective against minor blights as he hadn't used him for any major or life threatening blighting. He doubted purifying a swimming pools worth of water would help in such a situation.

Last edited:
Time: 1:00 pm

A khopesh, that was what Chuujitsuu had turned into. Azani had taken a moment to remember what it was called, a weapon from the lands of Egypt. Once these blades had helped cut a swathe in the world for a kingdom now known more for their dead than their living. The form was fitting both in its seeming material and in the history of the design itself for a goddess of what was the afterlife long ago. Mitsu cut in with welcoming her new subordinate and asking if they could go. Azani knew the discomfort she felt by being here doing this instead of doing things more her way was nothing to the feeling Mitsu must feel. This would mean Azani could not protect her shrine like other gods and in truth she didn't really want to. why should she ward off being that could serve her and who did not cause her harm. She would love if some greater phantoms could one day suck the darkness from shrine goers. Mitsu had done well in coming here and staying as long as she had, there was temptation here, that even Mistu could perhaps have succumb to.

Chuujitsuu would have much learning to do, and while less of a handful than Mistu dealing with him was likely to be a bit harder than someone who shared some of Azani's nature. Well if nothing else the shrine could use him, and Azani would seek out more phantoms as she knew only one spirit that would be willing to visit yomi if a god resided there and Azani's sister would be pissed if she found out. Well no matter she now had a more direct means to attack should other gods not see things her way and be willing to risk a trip to Yomi.

" Yes We have what we came for" Azani said nodding as she released Chuujitsuu from his regalia form. " This just leaves three things on my to do list at least in this world. We must visit Yoshio and update him on what he needs to know, Visit Inari that little fox has something of a monopoly on the good land for shrines, and finally find that red headed brat so he might repay the favor he owes me. " Azani informed the pair. " But first lets get out of here " Azani said leading her two regalia out of the building, assuming the SSA agents didn't try to stop her as if she understood right Chuujitsuu was not technically one of theirs yet.

Kami_X (God)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

M-more trouble?

Overtime.

It wasn’t until all the lights, both red and white, faded that Kami_X glanced down at the sightly worn-looking gloves holding Ruki and called her name as requested. “Hakuka,”

As the gloves disappeared, tiny flecks of purple became visible on the back of his hands—the source of the stinging. He’d known the risk when he decided to name a blighted regalia. He’d done it anyway, given the circumstances. Still, she’d done an exceptional job despite her condition. Both her and Roka.

That…doesn’t look pretty. Does it hurt?

“Mildly. You’ve never seen blight, have you Roka?”

The gun morphed into the spirit of a dark brown haired male in his late 20s who immediately grabbed his god’s hand, inspecting the small, discolored portion curiously. “Not really. I’ve only been told while I was #10012 that it’s an illness that can be caused by a phantom and to keep away from it because it’ll make me less hirable.”

“For good reason,”
Kami_X withdrew his hand. “It’s highly contagious—so no touching.”

“Like phantom rabies?”

Something like that,”
Kami_X smirked, letting the casualness of their conversation fill the silence that’d been left when Sakda had been ‘exorcised’. Or, at least, that was how it appeared. The whispery message delivered by the might breeze spoke differently and Kami_X lifted his left middle finger in response, recognizing the voice from Daishin’s memory. Rude? As far as he’d been concerned, Sakda had been the one to pick a fight by attacking someone he’d invited to the school. If the foreign goddess didn’t want her phantom claimed then she ought take responsibility for it and not let it mess with other gods.

Major storm gods especially.

Then again, that might’ve been her intention. Calling the ‘Kamuy’ a foreign goddess wasn’t entirely accurate either. She like, the Emishi, had every reason to dislike the current Heavens. Now that his adrenaline filled mind was fully awake, it was able to actively put pieces together, take in the scent of earthy wood, and recall one of the more important figures in Ainu myth. Kami_X scratched his head. If she had any shrines left, he figured it’d be far north in Hokkaido not the former capital of Kyoto. Well whatever. Heaven’s politics didn’t have much to do with him. “Anyway, Hakuka’s correct that we should heal these injuries as soon as possible. I have a stash of holy water as well as a first aid kit stored in my closet.”

When one chose to live in the near shore, one had to be prepared for potential emergencies—especially a god like him that didn’t have shrine yet. Fortunately, the school had a well-stocked nurses office’. Kami_X didn’t skimp out on yearly shrine visits either. Unless visitors were causing trouble, most gods didn’t care that people—either gods or humans—took what was freely distributed for purification purposes anyway. At the very least, Inari didn’t.

Kami_X looked to the Nora he named Hakuka thoughtfully, noting the simple kanji for ‘soul’ written on her inner wrist. One of her many names. Truthfully, Susanoo, and her other gods, had nothing to do with Kami_X under normal circumstances…but he could feel Hakuka’s worries as if they were his own. He also knew that it would be difficult to focus on the task he needed her for if her focus was elsewhere. “Room 202, where we were supposed to meet, is also protected by a borderline,” like many other shrines. “so we can rest and recuperate there for the time being. There’s a lot we have to talk about so I’ll order us a midnight snack in the meantime.”

There were other phantoms approaching the school, certainly, but whether they settled or moved on to find better feeding grounds wasn’t something he really controlled. He’d done his godly deed for the day. The main source of the gloom was gone and lingering resentment would fade with time. Or be erased by other gods when they inevitably showed up. Schools were highly populated environments that tended to breed phantoms on a seasonal basis anyway. Every year there were new students. Every year, new human teenagers brought forth new negative feelings. Keeping the school clean of negativity all the time was impossible and, honestly, Kami_X wasn’t a fan of absurdly clean areas either.

“You want to eat? Right now?”

“Can’t exactly go back to bed now, can I?”
Kami_X snorted. “Besides, we’ll need the energy if we’re going to be working overtime.” Exterminating phantoms wasn’t exactly part of his typical job description as a hacker god, but he couldn’t let the place he frequently slept at be overrun by too many potential predators either. This was especially true since he started hiring regalias. Providing a safe working environment for Roka was part of the SSA forms he’d signed. He glanced at Nox. Then Kaguya. Then Konjin who arrived after taking care of a chunk of lesser phantoms. He’d even been kind enough to have his regalia draw a borderline. “Hello to you too, Konjin-sama. Kokki. If any of you know how to purify blight, I’d love the help—though Hakuka needs it more than me at the moment.” It meant he could save his stash. Since he didn’t yet have a link to Heaven, aka a shrine, he couldn’t yet draw water from their wells…nor did he know the spell to create his own. Even if he did, he doubted holy water he blessed would be more effective than water blessed by a major and pure god like like Inari. He didn’t even hate phantoms all that much. Holy water was only effective against minor blights anyway—hence ablution rituals. “If neither of you mind takeout, you’re free to join us. This offer naturally extends to the lovely Kaguya-hime as well~” Kami_X winked at the goddess who had just been watching their fight with Sakda. “Consider it a thanks for showing up to help. As you can see, we’ve been getting a lot more phantom visitors at this school lately…and not all of them are friendly.”

Azani came with one. Ryuujin came with another. And now Huci’s “poppet” had found its way to the school as well. It was like Shirotome had become a magnet for trouble as of late, hence his reason for hiring Senka and Roka. Moving out and just avoiding all the hassle was another option, but Kami_X didn’t like the idea of being driven away from a place he considered his 2nd home without putting up a fight. He might be a young god, but he was still a god. He had to defend his place. The school wasn’t technically his. He didn’t own it anymore than he owned his father’s apartment, which he continued to pay rent for. Perhaps one day he’d be rich enough to buy it—property in the near shore. Give himself legal rights in the human sense. However, that was still a ways away…assuming he didn’t revert to old habits.

“I certainly hope you don’t intend to follow Sakda the Weaver’s example, Mr. Phantom.” Kami_X addressed the top-hat wearing phantom amiably. “My godly goal is to live an easy life with as little enemies as possible, but my main worshippers meet and learn at this school you see. Therefore, I'm obligated to protect it, moreso than most gods. ”

Roka looked between the gods and phantom on the roof curiously, but did not interject in the conversation between gods and phantom. He simply gathered up the mess of artifacts Sakda left behind so no school kids would accidentally pick them up if they wandered the rooftop the next day. Who knew what sort of cursed objects they were and what other properties, besides purification protection, they might have. Made from the grave-robbed bones of priests? Roka shuddered. Spooky. Either way, the bones of the dead belonged underground where they deserved to rest in peace.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Haze- Haze- Takumi98 Takumi98 The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Time: 12:45 p.m.​

Rika(Human) + Momo (Free Spirit)
latest

“…so that’s what happened on the school roof?” Rika pinned a flyer with an image of the deceased Suda Kiyomi to the school bulletin. Included in the leaflet was a description of the former teacher, request for funeral donations, as well as section for students to sign their name if they approved of a school sponsored memorial service event in honor of the former educator. She hoped to appeal to the students that actually remembered and liked Suda Kiyomi…though she couldn’t be sure of the actual numbers.

Grudges existed for a reason.

“Pretty much.” Momo passed her friend another piece of paper from the stack they’d printed. Rika told her all about the altercation she had with the male student council member and enlisted Momo’s help in the matter. “Kami_X ordered Chinese food after defeating Sakda and I helped with the cleaning and bandaging of the wounds. It’s the least I could do since that lazy god actually did his divine job for once and spent the night patrolling the school so the bigger, more aggressive phantoms didn’t bother the local spirits. Roka even drew a borderline around the girl’s bathroom for me.”

“Did they order cleaning services as well?”
Rika glanced at a maid-dressed ‘janitor’ that passed her while she mopped the floor of the school halls. Few other students looked her way making it fairly obvious the strange visitors to the school were from the far shore. Honestly, it wasn’t all that strange for the school to hire some more cleaners given the mess the ‘storm’ made of the third floor halls.

“No, that’s Seiketsu no Yakko—the god of cleaning—and his crew. I’ve seen him sweeping the streets of Kyoto from time to time. Don’t pay it much mind. He comes and goes based on human requests…or a whim. I don’t really know, actually. Gods are strange. Sometimes they’re there when you need them, other times they aren’t….”

“I think I might’ve heard about him…”
Rika commented. “The Heavenly mop, right? An old lady I spoke to once had an altar dedicated to him in her near spot-less attic...”

“Maybe.”
Momo shrugged. “All I know is that Kami_X isn’t exactly a fan of that particular god. Avoids him whenever he stops by.”

“Why?”

“They’re polar opposites, both in terms of attitude and living style. The hacker god’s life—like his closet—is a mess…and his solution to nagging often involves running away.”

“Is that so?”
Rika gathered her supplies to continue down the hall and hang flyers where she could, while her best ghost friend followed behind. “I did leave a post for Kami_X last night on the school forum, but I haven’t got a reply back yet.”

“I’m not surprised.”
Momo rolled her eyes. “What did you need him for? Are you still chasing that jellyfish?” The pink haired spirit folded her arms. “If you are, I don’t think that’s a good idea. I don’t care what that detective tells you, it’s better not to get involved with that one.”

“I got involved on my own.”
Rika defended. “But no. That’s over. I’m just looking for information on my friend.”

“Ame no Uzume?”

“Yeah,”
Rika shared many secrets with her ghost friend that she wouldn’t share to other humans. For some reason, talking to dead was easier than talking to the living. They understood the things she saw. They didn’t judge. Momo had been the one to tell her Uzume was the probably the goddess Ame no Uzume.
r13CnQ0h.jpg

“I can’t guarantee how helpful he will be, but I’ll make sure Kami_X finds the time to meet you—even if I have to kick his ass into gear.”

“Thanks,”
Pause. “You seem awfully close to the computer club’s god.”

Eyes widening in something akin to horror, Momo’s face turned red and she rapidly shook her head in denial, arms held out as if warding away the idea. “We aren’t close at all! He was already living in the school when I came to settle in the bathroom and kept pestering me about a name. Seriously a bother. Maybe now that the useless god finally found himself a regalia, he’ll stop…but who knows? Renka only stayed for a month.”

“Why don’t you want a name?”
Uroko already gave her the 411 on regalias. Spirits picked by gods to become their divine instruments. He made it sound like an honor.

“I’ve already got one,” Momo stuck out her tongue. “Besides, you know how I feel about men - especially the ones that don't know how to take no for an answer.”

“You seem to be okay with Kami_X though…”
Despite her words, it was quite obvious to Rika that her friend cared.

“I don’t have much choice in the matter,” Momo glanced away. “He’s the closest god available…and I don’t think I would’ve survived if he hadn’t been here 10 years ago…”

“He sounds like a good guy to me,”
Rika didn’t know anything about Kami_X, but neither Benjiro nor Ryotaro had said anything bad about the god. Since meeting gods like Ryuujin and Azani, she had a better idea of what to expect of the gods she’d only seen from afar. She also knew her best friend was a little discriminatory when it came to gender.

“If you’re too nice, boys will take advantage of you Rika. Hirai for example…”

“I keep telling you that’s not the case, Momo”
If anything, she was the one taking advantage of Ryotaro’s friendship. At the very least, she figured she should buy him some stomach medicine like she’d done for her father who had been stuck in the bathroom all morning--courtesy of the pot she’d forgotten to throw out. Both men were idiots it would seem. Considering her father’s condition, she was surprised Ryotaro managed to haul himself to school and act the same as always. He was even tutoring Kenji…

Rika sighed and hung another flyer near the cafeteria entrance. She told him to not skip school, but it wouldn’t be good if he pushed himself. “But I’ll admit that, for a smart guy, he’s a bit of an idiot.”

“I know, right?”
Momo leaned closer to whisper into her best friend’s ear. “Just this morning, I was driven away from the computer clubroom by a boy that decided not only to fall asleep in there, but leave his body behind as well…”

"Driven away, huh?"
Rika gave her pink-haired, backpack-wearing friend a strange look. However, no one else did. The few that turned briefly in their direction, gave Rika the strange look since she was the one muttering to herself.

(mention: Dante Verren Dante Verren Lucem Lucem )

Time: 8:25 am​

Kami_X (God) + Roka (Regalia)
“X! Kami X! Wake up dude.” Thump. “We have a client!”

“But I’m tired…”
the god whined. “Can’t you handle it yourself? Or just tell him to come back?”

“No can do, Buddy. Besides, his situation is a little…bizarre. I have no idea what to make if it.”

After a bit more muffled arguments, the computer club closet finally opened. A brown haired male wearing a security guard uniform sat on his haunches and held open a laptop where a red-haired individual wearing a nightcap could be seen on the screen rubbing his eyes. “God of hackers, Lord of Information larceny, and divine deity of the Shirotome High Computer Club at your service. What can I do for you Hiroki Niwa?”

Whether the boy knew him or not, Kami_X knew the identity of practically every student that enrolled themselves in Shirotome High. He lived in the school half the time, after all. It only made sense to learn about ones neighbors…though he’d be lying if he said his reasons for doing so where entirely practical. The school had a digital student record that visited whenever necessary and, while he didn’t pay special attention to every name he came across, it wasn’t especially hard to pick out the ones that had interacted with far shore residents. They let their eyes wander to things that they shouldn’t be able to see. Do the things they shouldn’t be able to do.

Kami_X yawned, only blinking when he finally got a good look at the human before him. “…did you die? No wait,” He did a double take. “You’ve still got your connection...” Kami_X tilted his head.

“It’s odd, right?” Roka interjected. “I’ve been keeping an eye on him since he walked inside the computer lab...then he just sorta slipped out. He’s like me, but not.”

“He’s closer to a phantom. Half phantom, I guess.”

“Huh?”

“See the tail? He’s nowhere near as pure as you are . But of course, very few humans can be expected to be sinless upon death. Most usually get possessed by at least one or two phantoms in their lives and then end up getting gobbled up by their demons when they die.”

“…but you just said he wasn’t dead. “
Roka glanced towards Hirokoi’s sleeping body. “And his body’s still breathing. ”

“Right. He isn’t dead. But he will be if he sticks around in his current form for to long.”
The Niwa boy seemed to be starting on the same path Daishin did. Luckily for the Shirotome student, Kami_X was no Kamui Huci. The god smiled. "So let's cut the chase. I assume you came to me for a reason?"

Takumi98 Takumi98

Date: April 4th 2030
Time: 2:07pm

We are. I'll meet you at the entrance to your apartment 6pm sharp. Look forward to it ^^

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Time: 3:20 p.m.

Benjiro (Human) + Roka (Regalia)
ghost-of-the-haunted-house-78168.jpg
Benjiro looked up from where he was trying to nudge Hiroki Niwa awake. The computer club meeting was about to start soon, but he couldn’t have a non-member sitting in on their super-secret club discussions.

“You’re Ryotaro from the archery club, aren’t you?” The computer club president didn’t wait for Ryotaro to answer. “Hurry up and help me wake him. Or, at the very least, drag him to the nurses office where there’s a proper bed.”

The boy had no idea why Hiroki Niwa would choose to nap in the computer lab of all places. The only bedding in the clubroom was the futon they’d left in the closet for the great god that protected their club, Kami_X. Benjiro had met him when he first joined the computer club—introduced by the previous president. It was a tradition among Shirotome High Computer Club members. Club initiation if you will—to meet the legendary member of the Computer Club. However, he’d quickly came to realize that only special people could see Kami_X. No matter how much Benjiro described him, or insisted he existed, they couldn’t visualize it. Didn’t have faith. Some pretended they could in order to win brownie points in the club, but it was pretty obvious when they started talking to the wall instead of X.

X didn’t mind it.

He didn’t always sleep in the closet they prepped for him in gratitude either. Kami_X was a busy god and club members were warned not to bother him unless it was something important. However, the honorary member of the computer club never failed to show up during the crucial moments either. Victory in competitions was assured so long as Kami-sama X remained on their side.

8f9cd7f40cb71a8b428c14d8679eec21ae854a0b_00.jpg
Benjiro didn’t seem to notice the new security guard who was munching on a donut as he silently watched the interaction of students from the back of the room. Kami_X had hired Roka to protect a school, with the main focus being the worshippers at his club. Therefore, with the exception of events like last night, most of his working days would involve watching kids. And basic cybersecurity tasks. And organizing any requests that came Kami_X’s way.

Since he was still fairly new though, Kami_X mainly wanted him to get acquainted with students he was supposed to protect and practice borderlines. Fortunately, the god had no intention of leaving on ‘vacation’ until Roka was confident enough to work on his own. Roka sighed. Hakuka was the more experienced regalia so it only made sense that Kami_X brought her with him while they investigated the goddess Ayame on Nana’s behalf, but it would be nice if his boss trusted him with the truth from the start.

Monarch of Desecration.

Sakda.

Kamuy-Huci?

Ayame.

Despite the fact that his god claimed to not want to make many enemies, recent revelations spoke otherwise. It was only Roka’s second day at work and he was finding the list of potential threats to his god fairly high. He wasn’t exactly sure what happened with Sakda either. Kami_X hadn’t clarified. Simply told him and Hakuka that they’d done a good job. However the voice in the wind as well as the artifacts left behind seemed fairly ominous. He had no idea how long Hakuka would be staying either and Senka couldn’t always be with Kami_X as last night proved. Their experience couldn’t carry him forever anyway. He would have to step up his game if he wanted to protect his god.

Earn that trust he wanted.

“First things first though, I have show X how to hold a gun,” Roka muttered to himself. “Get him to join me on morning jogs as well…”

Danger wouldn’t wait for them to be ready. The fact that last night’s escapade left Kami_X exhausted enough to sleep the day away spoke of low stamina. God stamina. Whatever. Roka might not know how much about being a regalia, but he knew to hold a gun straight at least.

Lucem Lucem Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:
Time: 3:20 p.m.​

Ryotaro Hirai
Ryo didn't bother correcting Benjiro. Instead, he focused on the sleeping boy that the club president was trying to wake up. He was familiar with Hiroki, having kept a close eye on him since he suspected that he may be able to see spirits. He was never able to verify if that was the case, but that was until he saw the blue-tailed doppelganger floating around the classroom. As of right now, he was pretty sure his classmate was connected to the Far Shore. Either that, or his fever was making him hallucinate.

Sighing, Ryo walked further into the classroom while pointing at his face mask. "You'd ask a sick man to do heavy lifting? Have a heart, Watanabe." Stepping between the two boys, Ryo gently shook Hiroki's shoulder. As expected, there was no reaction, but he could tell that his classmate was still breathing. Thankfully, Hiroki's spirit hadn't separated from his body as a result of an untimely death. He wasn't sure what to make of this, and examining the remnants didn't make things any clearer. It was like he was looking at a combination of a phantom and a human spirit, which raised more questions. He had a few theories, but he'd never figure anything out if he just stared.

"Well, I don't mind taking care of Sleeping Beauty. Instead of archery, helping people has been my thing lately. It'd also be nice to have you owe me one." His mouth remained covered by the mask, but his eyes made it obvious that he was smiling. Despite what he said, Ryo wasn't really thinking about Benjiro owing him a favor. Right now, he was just interested in asking Hiroki a few questions. He originally came to the computer lab to speak with Kami_X, but it looked like the god wasn't home. Even if he was, it wasn't like they could have a conversation while other students were around. Unfortunately, the meeting would have to wait.

"Let's go, princess." In one swift motion, Ryo grabbed Hiroki and lifted him up. He wasn't feeling well today, but he was still able to carry the boy with ease. Hopefully, the second Hiroki cared enough about his body to follow it. There was a small trail of remnants linking the two, showing where the spirit-like body came from. It reminded him of a leash, which earned a silent chuckle. It felt like he was walking a blue-tailed dog.

"See you later." Ryo called out a final time as he exited the clubroom. While it sounded like he was speaking to the bespectacled president, his words were actually meant for the security guard. It was easy to guess that he was one of Kami_X's regalia, so Ryo at least wanted to say something to him before leaving. They'd likely see each other again when he was able to meet the god.

After closing the door behind him with his foot, Ryo walked toward the nurse's office with the unconscious Hiroki. A few students gave him strange looks, but they quickly went back to their business. It wasn't that unusual to escort someone who wasn't feeling well, but he could understand their initial reactions. Hiroki might be a little embarrassed when he woke up, but Ryo didn't mind a few stares. Right now, he was more focused on the flyers that had been put up around the school.

It looked like Rika was going through with her plan to help with their teacher's funeral, but Ryo wasn't sure if she still planned on trying to convince the students to pray to Azani. He told her about the risks, but there was no guarantee that it would affect her decision. He could offer his advice, but at the end of the day, the choice was hers to make. Because of that, there wasn't much he could do. That's what his brain told him, but as he stared at the flyer and remembered everything that happened over the past few days, he could feel his guilt return. Unable to forget about it, he shifted Hiroki's weight to one arm and used his free hand to grab a pen from his blazer.

Time: 3:25 p.m.​

Fortunately, the nurse was nowhere to be seen, so Ryo took it upon himself to place Hiroki on one of the beds. Sucking on one of the cough drops he took from a nearby jar, he crossed his arms over the back of a rolling chair, moving back and forth while staring at his patient. "I've got plans after this, so I'd appreciate it if you woke up soon. It'll also be hard to talk about your little problem when the nurse comes back, so rise and shine."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Takumi98 Takumi98

Date: April 4th 2030
Time: 12:38am
Hakuka (Regalia)
C401F17F-BEDE-42CA-A7D2-56F08B583B17.jpeg

The fight being over and KamiX releasing her the girl took a few steps back as his original regalia began to inspect the sting she had inadvertently caused the god. Still he was better off and knew the price that came with saving her, she was just happy that the extent of the damage for him was not extensive. The Nora clutched her side as she was told about the water that could ebb the blight away and where the two could recuperate.
The god speaking up as she started towards the rooftops entrance into the school. They did have quite a bit to talk about, it seemed that they were working together before even they had known. Sakda hunting her, capturing Susanoo, and this herald keeping tabs on the both of them. Gods colluding and seemingly protecting phantoms. Even Tsukuyomi hadn’t made that step in his fight for a better understanding of phantoms that she knew anyways. Hakuka turned as she the door swung open slightly nodding her head towards the kami that had come to their aid or just stuck around to watch the show. She felt like it was rude to leave but she had to start working on her wounds before the stigma set. Letting the door close behind her she managed herself down the steps alone using the wall as a support until she slipped into room 202.
A little later she sat soaking bandages in the holy water before carefully wrapping the afflicted parts of her body focusing mainly on her hands and abdomen. She had her back turned to the god and regalia as she did so, listening to the entire wealth of information he had apparently received from Nana when it came to the request they had accepted. Apparently Roka would not be joining them and would in fact be left to maintain the borderlines on the school while they were away. She interjected a question or two asking if there was something particular they were looking for or if he expected they would meet heavy resistance like they had with their meeting. Both questions were nonchalantly
deflected or met with a shrug and a continuance of the brief. She simply nodded and continued bandaging herself. After eating their midnight snack he had orders KamiX informed her he had some things to handle before leaving to the resort and she should rest for the time being.
She accepted the offer and found herself in a closet curled up on a futon that had apparently been an offering to the God of hackers by the computer club. She laid there awaiting sleep or even rest to take hold but she hardly found it.
Sakda’s words kept finding their way to replay in her mind.
She understood the situation but she never truly got why? What was the purpose in capturing him and subsequently hunting her? It’s not like they had even though interacted with one another in almost ten years.
——————————————————————
Japan Ten Years Ago
Kami stood around the Nora as they guarded a shrine the storm building as it began to approach. She was accompanied by five Kami all who had chosen to not bring their own regalia into this war, the literal mass of phantoms was staggering as their stench rushed forth their charge imminent. They had seemed bent on destroying the gods almost as if they were following orders like a soldier. Next came the calling of her name. Ame dissipated and became a weapon held by a god she didn’t even really know. Once he made a strike another name was called and she assumed another form in the hands of a different goddess. As she blocked a phantoms fangs. This onslaught continued as she was used repeatedly almost to the point of exhaustion. The kami that held her last released her but only due to his falling to a phantom. That was when he appeared from the sky the crash of thunder an after thought after he had already arrived. He did not even look at her just held out his hand and spoke. “Kusanaki...”
His grip felt like a vice almost choking her as he tightened his hand around the hilt. Susanoo took a step forward stopping in the street the phantoms were charging through the sheer mass of them beginning to darken the area.
The gods aquamarine eyes shone with fury as he began the chant the amount of power flowing through her burned almost more than she handle. “This is the Land of the Rising Sun! Your desecration shall not be allowed! Hear me! I am the god Susanoo No Mikoto I now lay thee waste with the Kusanaki, and expel thy vast defilement! I cleanse thee!...Strike!”
The shockwave that followed from his swing of the imperial blade of Japan was intense a wave of light burning through phantoms as if they had been hit by lightning after the light died away the phantoms were nothing more. Before she could speak a word she was released and the god tossed her to the ground before exiting. Their eyes never meeting.

——————————————————————
Hakuka sighed turning over facing the ceiling as she heard Roka conversing with himself outside along with two others talking about needing to go the nurses office. She had been cooped up in this...room? All day unable to find more than a few hours rest. She wondered if she should check on Ekibio, she hoped he was okay seeing as she had to leave him rather suddenly but this seemed to be a solid lead on the disappearances of the gods. Especially since it involved Susanoo. She wondered if he would even accept her help. But shook the thought as she didn’t want to disturb the god that rested beside her. Instead she waited until conversation ceased and exited the closet space being careful not to wake KamiX who slept within the digital confines of the internet since she was occupying the futon for the time being.
She stretched slightly adjusting her jacket before looking to Roka.

“You both protect this place, even though it is a constant entanglement of negative emotions. It’s admirable Roka. If he wakes could you tell him I stepped out for a moment and will return shortly” The Nora expressed with a tired smile as opened the door to the computer club and exited out into the halls. It was the end of the school day by now so many students would be leaving or at club activities. She made her way back up to the rooftop the wind gently blowing. The remains of their hard fought battle last night hardly noticeable after the god of cleaning had arrived and worked though it the early morning hours to clean their mess. Hakuka made her way to fence her fingers clasping around the chain link as she rested her head against it. Every instinct in her body screamed to leave them and go to Susanoo’s side but she had a job to do, to leave now would break her own morals and that she would not do. She would assist KamiX for Nana and as soon as they were done she would find her god whether he wanted her to or not.
“Just hold on Susanoo, a little longer”
Ame released her hold on the fence turning and placing a hand on her side which was still heavily bruised from the palm strike Sakda had administered. It had not remained blighted but something else was occurring. She felt weaker and unable to rest to regain her strength. Every time she closed her eyes she was met by his screams and threats, or images of Susanoo.
Was it some kind of mental attack on her to break down her resolve? She assumed it would be a continuing process until she either broke or managed to survive it but she would have to.

Hakuka took up a stance and began practicing, training even through her strained body. She would need to get stronger for what was to come regardless of the danger.This was just the beginning of a plot much greater than just her.
Mentions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , The Secret Archives The Secret Archives , Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:
Time: 11:29 am
Vengeful Phantom, 復讐

Dta4h8jVYAEkY1M.jpeg

One couldn't help but be absorbed in the beauty of that landscape, stretching far and wide beyond that blurred blue veil in the sky. A sense of tranquility settled in, unfolding within the more one took in the view.

The sun shone high above the sky, light sun rays burning red in his eyes, engraving the magnificent silhouette of the fire giant in the retinas. Waves of fresh grass were blown in his direction, rustling messy strands of black and white back as they passed him by, the sweet rejuvenating scent carried by the breeze seeping into his nose. Far from the gigantic horizon expanding, he noticed dozens of hazy figures; the birds that tore apart the thin curtain of clouds that covered the sky, singing something that entranced the mind.

Discerning the creaking of a handful of branches was what brought him out of his astonishment. "Aniki!" The voice of a child echoed to his right. A pair of gold and purple eyes turned to see a seemingly faceless figure, waving over to him across the wide expanse of tall grass he'd been idly standing on.

A snake-scaled kimono with the taint of the sun's baleful, yellow hue on it's palette. Ragged, worn out lemon linen worn by a childish silhouette beckoning Nox to his side, a far-reaching intertwining labyrinth of sinister branch and eerie bush; a shady forest covered in gloom. And there the child stood, waving impatiently, jovial wide smile drawn on his face — much the same as any other ingenuous, innocent brat awaiting the arrival of the big brother he's always grown to respect and perhaps even idolize, a reassuring greeting only such pure souls could round up; surely, but the man donning the black and white robes just couldn't wrap his head around it. His body remained motionless, stagnant enough to appear statuesque, almost resembling that of a bird too frozen to take flight. — Was it shock? Bewilderment, rather? Similar to that striking surprise that left a nauseating grip on your gullet. He simply didn't know why, but those uncontrolled intakes of air started turning
into more of a faint gasp, as if the lungs craved for all the air they could grasp before the body collapsed from stupefaction. Was the sight that unreal?

Nox held onto that breath for a while, slowly gathering enough valor to reach out a wavery hand to the figure; it's fingers twitching ever so slightly. Subconsciously his body ordered his mouth to articulate a name not even he could recognize, nor process entirely. The figure only responded with an spectral laughter before running off into the depths of the forest.

Not letting the next second carry out into the other, the man with black and white garments hurried over to trail behind the mysterious figure. Seeming too exasperated to even care about sprinting properly, recklessly stumbling over every obstacle that got in his way.

The further he lost himself within the heart of the forest, the more sinister did it's form get. As ephemeral moonlight lit up the scenery, all that stretched in front of his peripheral was a dense fog, swirling around in serpentine patterns as if it had a life of it's own. Decrepit branches reached out to him, sometimes even blocking his path, holding resemblance to that of the hands of the dead, eagerly attempting to take hold of him as he followed the echoes of a childish laughter in front of him. He needed not to pay heed to that intense drumming in his chest, planting a semblance of fear in the mind wouldn't keep his legs moving.

Furthermore, the ambience began flickering as fast as the sun hid to give way to the pale moon. He was exhausted, his vision pathetically struggling not to fade into darkness. He felt as if the whole world had come to a definite halt just to contemplate on how frail his existence was. No longer did he hear the usual bickering of wildlife. No longer did he hear his own erratic breathing. No longer did he hear that maddening laughter propelling him forward. It was all just silence— perpetual, sepulchral quietness. Nonetheless his legs did not stop moving.

He marched onwards until he reached somewhat of a point of no return, as the vivid sounds of flames could be heard ahead. The closer he got, the more he noted how unnaturally humid the foliage seemed. As if the trees were reacting with a flash of sweat to the potent heat in the area.

And there he reached it, and beheld. A desecrated village, set ablaze by wild, raging fire; it's charred remains staring back at him with ill resignation, a scene so familiar now turned hideous. The same voice called out to him — "Aniki." — this time sounding more conflicted, a tad-bit of severity and sharpness in it's tone — "Save us." — the child said, this time with a broken tone of voice, as if he were about to burst out crying. Then another voice repeated the same this time of an older woman. Then another followed suit, a young man. Then another. And another — Until the sound of the flames were drowned out by the wails of dozens of different voices, voices that remained unknown but still very familiar; almost forgotten.

As the pained symphony of the pandemonium broke loose, sorrowful, pleading whails ringing loudly in his eardrums, he only managed to present an expression engulfed in despair. Befitting that of a man who's given up entirely. A nauseating feel clutched at his gut, as unending shivers crawled down his spine; a flash of loathsome emotions parading through his head.

There he knew, they were gone. All of them. Only charred remains of a no-name village consigned into nothingness left. Not even comparable to the way a chunk of meat could no longer be considered livestock, just another memory disregarded from thought; etched into the mind as nothing but a blistering annoyance. Nor was it a place were jovial smiles could be found, now truly an unruly, murky spot where piles of rubbish amalgamated for seething fires to feed and gnaw upon.

A cruelty that knew no bounds. Just pondering over it rippled waves of sensations inside him, said waves brooding into another emotion. A raw, primal feeling that spiralled one's sanity unto a plain dark void that devoured all sight of the sun. A feeling so unvocal it could only ever be expressed in it's entirety by the clenching of a fist until blood ruptured from flesh — unbridled, heedless anger.

And as he stood there, helplessness abode by the heart into fury, an ephemeral chill latched onto his skin; as if a warning only perceived by touch. Therein an ominous apparition made itself present, accompanied by the sound of hooves clacking against wood, galloping across the raging flames in a pale steed.

His vision was too blurry to distinguish the horseman yet he still recognized him as something, the composer of this sickened tragedy. After his sight lined up with the horsemen, his gaze falling straight into the horse's white fur, he stood completely still, almost in a daze. He may have seemed hypnotized, beguiled perhaps by the gallant entrance of the man in horseback, but deep inside an ill-tempered voice thundered a blood-curling scream.

"What did they ever do to you...? They didn't deserve this... I'll find them... Those bastards...! I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!" — The soul cried bellows from his pained mind, howling a promise to death itself. An oath that would surely haunt him for as long as the stern heart remained dwelling in rage.
_________​

Waking up drenched in sweat was something you wouldn't normally get used to. Alas, the feeling only grew more familiar to him as the hands of time unwound. Not so dreamlike experiences became more unwanted throughout the years, the places shown by said vivid nightmares in particular, but it wasn't some background noise he could simply drown out with his sturdy pillow. The moment he opened his eyes he would be thrown back into crude reality.

Devolving into something transparent and ambiguous at the break of dawn. Feeling as if regret and loathing go along like bread and butter. Willfully prolonging one's life just to quench a thirst for revenge. To have such pitiful ideas... "Bullshit." An icy sigh scaped amidst his disappointment, his face tensing as he felt a cynical smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth.
Tomorrow and the days after, he would probably indulge in the same shallow, meaningless dreams like an idiot; but he would surely welcome the following days devoid of meaning or worth with the same old, idiotic smile.

Untangling oneself from the persuading bedsheets was a chore and a half, nonetheless, Nox plowed through the challenge gracefully. Gracefully stumbling along the room all the while uttering every curse word known to man, that is. Inching closer to the door leading outside his room, his hand already hovering over the handle, he briefly stopped to shoot a glance around; almost as if in the search for something. The overall untidiness of the place was about enough to strike a bizarre feeling in one's mind, similar to that of observing rundown slums — in this case it'd be that of shameless satirical modern art, no matter where you laid eyes on, the initial response would either be discomfort or blatant turmoil at the sight of said mess.

Piles of stolen borrowed manga stacked all around, a nightlight hanging eerily from the ceiling, it's flickering red luminescence accentuating the loneliness the misplaced futon gave. He'd admit it, just breathing in that scent of penury flying partridge became asphyxiating in a sense, but he always had a thing for the second-grade lowly delicacies of life; not that he was proud of it, his shame was just nowhere to be found. Cheap and cheerful, as per say.

After admiring the poor living conditions, as he usually did, he finally laid eyes on the prize. A pair of bloodshot googly eyes meeting his gaze.

Perched on the nearest mess, his distinctive top hat awaited eagerly to be recognized, the habitual maddened full-tooth smirk pasted on it —"Hello there~"— He groggily retorted before grabbing and dusting it off. This wasn't even the hat he wore yesterday. It was just one of the many not-so faithful to the original copies, left there for god knows how long. He let out a sigh, this time looking more defeated than before he got out of bed, placing his free hand on his face as his head started to slowly drift upwards; the same sigh leaving his mouth again, sounding more agitated this time around. That sigh turning into a grunt stifled between clenched teeth, as the phantom had an intense stare down with the inanimate object he was holding. A venom-smeared dagger kept pricking holes at his heart, and as the frail container fostering sickening emotions began to shatter, he couldn't deny it any longer —"I'm fed up with this shit..."— 24 hours a day, he'd be forced to do things he didn't want to, like a puppet lacking the will to cut itself free from it's strains, with no choice but to perform the same pointless dance for the same self-righteous scoundrel. All of those high-and-mighty rats too concentrated on foaming at the mouth at all the praise received, incapable of even herding their flock of sheep in the right direction, then seething and frowning at beings bound to feasting upon the leftovers of their own wrongdoings. Hypocrisy having a tea party while the funny bootlickers put up a show in their muddy stage.

'Are those so called 'gods' aware of their mistakes?' 'Do they feel any form of resent?' 'Is there really anyone to blame for humanity's impurity?' 'Is there any reason you're here?' 'Does your existence hold any meaning?' —"I don't want to hear it."

Day by day, endlessly being greeted by the same idiotic face plastered on top of a silly hat, it made him sick to his stomach. Merely glancing at it made him reminiscence on just how unfair and absurd this world was, nonetheless, there was still a reason as to why he hadn't torn the damned thing to shreds. It served as a symbol, a constant reminder that, no matter how nonsensical this existence seemed, he needed to always imitate that deranged, buffoonish smile. In order to at least maintain an unstable hold on his sanity —"Hah... Seems like I've gotten out of bed on the wrong footing... My bad, buddy. Tell my psychiatrist he's a rich man."— He groggily retorted at the fancy headwear, a slight hint of exhaustion transmitted by the frown that slowly softened into an inverted half-moon. It was his way of depriving himself from the more dazzling emotions, and he would don it on his face until the end of times; the already blurred line between lousy lies and the evident truth becoming more confusing each time he spewed countless pretexts, to himself, in an attempt to mask his bitterness.

Simply shrugging off one's issues proved to be effective for a time. But someone, somewhere, somehow, was sure to blow his fuse one of this days. He didn't want to think about it

"Yeehaw, chucklenuts."— Already feeling the walls closing in on himself, he calmly stepped out of the room, only for his eyes to be welcomed by a sight that exuded nothing but utter stupidity.

A white-haired chick wearing excessively wrinkled pajamas, shooting finger guns over to the phantom in an unnatural position only achievable by that of an expert contortionist, her glossy-platinum mop of hair cascading down her back until draping on the floor —"Mugi. Y-You mind giving me a little rundown on what the actual f-"— He was trying to keep his composure, but that slight tremor in his tone gave him away. He was disturbed.

But before he could completely voice his confusion, the girl interrupted —"Well, obviously, I'm playing Jenga! Or whatever the hell this thing's called."

Nox glanced over the multicolored tiles on the floor —"That's twister... The name....It's on the box..... You actual gremlin......"— Gaze torn away from the girl, he took a deep breath before rubbing his temple, letting it go in the form of an exerted huff —"Uh huh. So you were playing twister by yourself... At"— He took a brief pause to look at the time —"11:30... In the morning?"— His words stuttered, the confusion in his voice becoming more and more apparent.

"Yup, 16 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Enjoyed yourself?"— Mugi said nonchalantly, untangling herself from the position she was in, tears welling up as she yawned and stretched; the wooden floor creaking ever so slightly under her weight. The bags under her eyes weren't helping her case in the slightest — For how long had she been doing this?

On the other side of the room, the phantom sunk his head into the world's cheapest kotatsu, his back arching into a slouch as he sat down and furiously grasped the futon —"You have got to be kidding me..."— He could feel it. In the way those lonely nights were spent not being able to sleep a wink, perhaps languishing at the thought of something greater, leaving him to wander what those oneiric rendezvous with his gleaming hatred meant. And the sensation lingered, as if 'someone else' were living in that rotten mind of his, pouring acid into his brain.

That would at least be a less skeptical explanation for the lack of sleep and recurring hallucinations.

And he could feel one starting to kick in right now.

A low hum caught his ear, not placing where it came from he slowly perked up his head to take a peak. The first sight his eyes took was that of the space in front of him, completely disfigured, twisted upon itself. The vibrant colors that painted the world around him slowly amalgamating in front of him, different hues dyed into a mind boggling mess.

His gaze briefly met that messy mixture, jumbling together and seemingly dancing mad. He quickly looked back down at the table, feeling his heart thrumming, pulsing at his neck. As the noises came back at full force, this time sounding more like a thousand voices overlapping each other, he pressed his trembling hands to his hat, bringing it in front of himself and hiding behind it —"Shut it... Get out of my damn head already..."

Until the voices bellowing in the air came to a halt, only the sound of silence rang in his ears; a deep sense of dread entered the room, as bright white light poured through the seams in front of him.

'Someone' lifted the hat covering his vision, shielding him from whatever was there. —"You... Coward..."— As the almost indistinguishable breath of an ominous whisper echoed all around, so did the arrhythmic drumming of something booming around; his own heart pounding at his chest.

"No matter what happens... You're the only one I'll never forgive, you hear...?"

Panic seized him, his eyes danced and skimmed around the room, almost as if looking for an exit; too lightheaded to hear the sound of his sputtering heart picking up speed. Gathering enough strength within, he carefully tilted his head sideways to get a glance at whoever was there, his cautious movements increasingly turning doubtful — Did he really want to see it?

He reassembled himself. He had to face it. It wouldn't stop bothering him otherwise.

"...!?" — His composure shattered instantly as 'someone' grabbed him by the hair, lifting his head.
A pair of sharp eyes staring back at his, a polite smile accompanying that judgmental stare, gold and purple gazing straight into his soul. It was the same as looking at a mirror.

He found it hard to struggle, he was petrified after all. Just looking ahead with wide, fearful eyes.

"And that's because..." — The man in black and white robes inched his face closer to the phantom's, whispering into his ear — "I still remember everything..."

A look of raw disdain crossed Nox's face, it took a while for his brain to sort out if all of this was real or not, for his consciousness to fully snap back into the situation at hand. It sure as hell felt vivid. The inability of dispelling the nerves bundled up in his mind added up to the ominous delivery of such cryptic message, only stiffening them up and wounding them tighter, giving him a nasty headache.

He didn't quite understand what this doppelganger's words meant — Remember? What was there to remember? — Nevertheless, those simple words were difficult to digest, for some reason. Painful to hear, even.

But he didn't want to push his luck and interact with this... Thing... This 'someone'. He'd just wait it out and see if whatever loose screws in his head would tightened themselves back up.

"Maybe you should start remembering too..." — Moments of silence lingered long after those words were spoken. The tension being torn apart as the apparition locked eyes with the phantom once again. A wide sneer stretching to it's fullest extent; a smile you'd reserve for an old friend, paired with unnerving, narrowed eyes fixated upon him. Gawking at him with nothing but pure pity.

That gut-wrenching despair lasted for a while until the apparition simply let go of the phantom's hair, Nox's forehead connecting with the solid surface of the cheap furniture. The pain building up to a searing point, making him groan as he placed his hands on his head once again.

He didn't stop to take a beat, fighting down a string of all the curse words known to man he slowly recovered his senses, the room tilting as his head rose to confront the apparition one more time. But it was nowhere to be seen.

The phantom huffed and hissed exaggeratedly before returning to his original position on the table, the kotatsu scooting loudly across the floor as he rested all his weight on it.

The same thoughts he'd pored over a thousand times before came back to him at full force — What if he really was just some waste of space?

"Hey, old man. You good over there?" — The girl snapped him back into reality, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Momentary lapse or something..." — Nox threw the words over his shoulders in-between an exhausted sigh, not bothering to look back at her — "Anyways-" — The phantom flattened himself out on the floor and shot a quick glance at Mugi. A guttural noise passed through his mouth, feeling like he was choking on his own breath, he started coughing. The sight was just too confusing for his brain to process, it caught him off guard.

"Impressed? Astonished, even?" — Mugi beamed at him, a sly grin on her face as she raised a brow in question.

A game of twister was no longer set on the floor, in its place, only a pile of goofy-looking top-hats and unused katanas towered over everyone in the room instead. Though these were seemingly constructed by a master in it's craft, a true artisan, a legendary architect of greatness; the looming structure almost representing that of a formidable fortress. It was quite the sight to behold.

"Disgusted. Terrified, even." — Nox veered his head in the right direction and straightened himself up, giving the girl a dumbfounded expression. Earning a pout from her.

He knew there was little to do in this household, but still wondered how Mugi managed to consistently come up with more bizarre ways to entertain herself. Then again, he couldn't help but crack an honest smile every time she was up to her weird antics.

Being surrounded by darkness every waking moment, deliberately throwing himself into this world's vile. Just being around her helped him feel at ease.
_______​
Time: 12:34 am
Mentions/Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah (Hakuka) The Secret Archives The Secret Archives (Sakda) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Kami_X/Roka) Takumi98 Takumi98 (Kaguya/Konjin)

DWu6PnhV4AAaGIF.jpeg

As a darkened storm brewed above, cleaving the sky with a deep purple taint, his ears began ringing to a symphony too painful to hear; a chorus of demons sang in unison. The wicked wind seemingly howling alongside those starving wolves, the top-hat wearing phantom almost succumbing to temptation and joining them in prayer, as if an instinct buried deep within him had gone off, him barely managing to resist the other phantom's calls.

Nox had no idea what he'd just bumped into, but he could piece the story together. By a very small margin, that is. Pretty lady's god had been kidnapped by Great shaman warrior, 'whatever the hell his name is', and valiant hero extraordinare, 'Stereotypical j-pop band's lead singer', came to the rescue. It was something he'd probably read a hundred times over in countless light novels, but seeing it all play out before his very eyes was something else. Sure, the excessive light-show and flashy moves were becoming more of an eyesore at this point, but he had to give credit where credit is due.

He would give them a slow round of applause if he wasn't already too entranced by such intensity. It was like, well — watching a clash between a god and a demon.

"Damn he's loud..." Nox muttered under his breath, Sakda's unhinged ranting apparently getting more desperate, and louder, by the second. He flexed his jaw in an attempt to pop his ears, but sadly, there was no way to drown out the phantom's mad yelling; he somehow managed to make the hellish howling seem tame in comparison.

He sighed, then turned to glance over to his 'gang'. Not that one would consider beings that have barely even developed past awareness of object permanence as a crucial part of a team, but it was nonetheless, all he had. All 5 of them looked as if they were holding in a scream, trembling in their boots, scared witless. And for good reason, if they were going to be as useless as all the phantom getting slaughtered downstairs then they might as well just stay frozen in place. All it took was one glance to turn them into statues, after all. Nox found it interesting, seemed like raw fear was capable of overrunning their hunger and stopping them in their tracks.

He wasn't one to get a kick out of berating his own brethren but it was still amusing seeing these horrifying, eldritch beasts turned into mere abstract furniture the moment he crossed eyes with them.

He let out a chuckle, crossing his arms and shaking his head, turning an eye over to Sakda, who seemed to be shielding himself with a cowl of gloom. A wall of darkness between him and the god's next attack.

The phantom could almost feel the other's rage and despair all the way from where he stood. He could see it in the glint in his eyes, another battle-scarred warrior, trying to let his war cries be heard, perhaps just as tired as he was. He was born in the era where stubborn bastards swung sharpened chunks of metal in an attempt to fend off against their fate, after all. He could still come to understand and respect another iron-willed idiot's doggedness.

Even so, it wasn't his fight, no matter how much he could relate to Sakda's struggle nor how unfair the whole situation was. Things such as 'lending out a helping hand to a stranger' only managed to get you killed — "Hah... Well, that's just life. No honor between thieves. 'Parasytes', rather." — Nox spoke in-between another exhausted huff, trying to convince himself not to jump in.

If taking the world's most predictable projectile head on seemed like a terrible idea, then he didn't want to find out how idiotic it would be for him to just jump into it in an attempt to deflect it.

As most of the purple haze was cleared up by the bright blast of white, he was half-expectingly waiting for chilled air to seep into his lungs and wake him up a little, but he was instead met by the scent of firewood carried over by warm breeze. A sinister tranquility that seemed too unnatural for the current ambience.

Though he didn't mind at all, he was more worried about the breeze that caressed his hair, the blast seemed to have blown his top-hat away. But stopped his search as the redhead addressed the other gods that were sitting there idly, watching the fight unfold just like himself. He didn't exactly recall when the both of them appeared but they both seemed to have high airs of royalty, so much that their rather appetizing smell started becoming nauseating in a way. Ever since his most recent encounter with a god his nose had been picking up distinct sweet-smelling aromas he hadn't noticed before, as if that one meeting had struck some sort of sensitive spot in his nose. But these two. Their scent was intense. A nice smell nonetheless.

His eyes drifting between the platinum blonde and the white hair, briefly coming to a halt on — "Kaguya-hime?" — Nox thought to himself as Kami_X addressed her by name, dozens of questions piling up in his head.

"How the hell did you even fit into that bamboo stalk?" — The words almost slipped out of his mouth, but he restrained himself from giving a terrible first impression. He'd heard enough stories about the bamboo princess to know just how much of a celebrity she was, though he found himself disappointed once that feeling of surprise faded away. Not in the princess herself, but rather with the misleading description humans used in their fables, she looked nothing alike her depictions in old folklore. Not like she didn't do the name justice, her presence was — brilliant. A radiance in the night, rather. The fact that she resembled a certain someone turned his already mixed feelings into a jumbled mess.

As for the other god, — "God of... Iron?" — Rough god? No, that was Kojin. Deity of metal? He had no idea who this pretentious, spoiled brat was nor what his deal was. It'd been better if the actual god of the stove had shown up instead. The fact that he hadn't heard of him was bothersome, it meant he didn't exactly know what the god was capable of. He could more than afford the trouble when it came to the other minor god he confronted yesterday, but this one was different. If this guy could show such nonchalance and strike up some casual banter with a big name god, then he either must be quite the personality or a mayor threat. He wasn't about to get blasted into nothingness like the other phantoms just because your benevolence wanted to see whose ego was bigger, he had to keep an eye out for him.

Speaking of insufferable inconveniences "I certainly hope you don’t intend to follow Sakda the Weaver’s example, Mr. Phantom.”

The phantom sighed in annoyance, just remembering he also had to play the villain role. He'd lost track of how many times the same exact sigh had leaved his mouth.

Nox whipped around and gave the red-haired god a confused look, waiting a few breaths before speaking up, not really piecing his thoughts together but rather trying to figure out if he was serious or not — "I do remember saying something about cutting the tough talk, but here you are trying to strong-arm me into submission." — The phantom yawned and stretched, resting it's weight on one of his lackeys; the lesser phantom slightly squealing in terror. Kami's words were sure sugar-coated in the guise of a friendly tone, but the message was still there, he was trying to let him know that he was the one at a disadvantage here. And he was, but there was no need to let his weakness show. When you were surrounded by bloodthirsty predators, the only option remaining was to appear stronger, larger than life itself.

"And you know what?" — He blurted out, his eyes drifting over to the bamboo princess and back to the god of metals, taking a moment to gaze at the clouds. Choosing his next words wisely was a pain — "I give up." — Nox raised his hands and cupped them together as if pleading for surrender, his voice also raising in a few decibels, his frustration showing through.

"I did come here looking to catch a five star meal, but I guess I can take a hint. I'll end up catching a bullet instead."

"Though, speaking of goals, my obligation as a phantom is to harvest those sick feelings within the human heart, you see."
— He feigned the same cordial tone the god had, giving him a dignified bow, his tired expression growing into a mischievous grin — "And just turning around and leaving empty handed would be a waste of time. So, with that in mind, how does the idea of striking up a deal sound to you? I'm not the smoothest talker myself, but I'll try to come up with something that's actually beneficial for both parties." — He made it sound as if he were making a deal with the devil but there really wasn't much a phantom could offer to a god, other than not being around them and not posing much resistance. Taking a moment to ponder over his options, he crossed his arms and tutted in disapproval to every thought that didn't seem plausible enough. Bothersome...

"How's this, since us vilified heretics gotta curry your favors," — He lifted his hands to make grand gestures, a smirk on his face — "Then I'll scare away all the phantoms that I can for ya." — The phantom stated, matter-of-factly, before casually smacking one of his goons in the back of the head; partially to prove a point, mostly to let go of some irritation. Though he let his anger get the best of him, as per usual, the lesser phantom he struck now motionless with his head stuck in a pile of rubble created from the impact, the other ayakashi already scattered, ran away as far as their legs could carry them — "I'll also come fix that hole if I can." — He cleared his throat, breaking a cold sweat. He wasn't exactly giving the best impression.

"In return I'd like to haunt the school for a while, this place seems crowded with too much negativity for me to pass the opportunity up." These were pretty simple conditions, though a fair trade that still seemed morally incorrect. — "And if you still hold any mistrust to the idea of letting me anywhere near your worshippers, then let me clarify that I'm not interested in doing anything malicious to them. I'm not an animal. Shocking, I know."

He really was about to just go around mildly corrupting anyone that he stumbled upon and moving on. Not the most respectable tactic of the bunch, but with the amount of students roaming around the halls it would more than suffice to quell the hunger for now — "Worst case scenario, some kids end up walking back home with a frown. Pretty straight forward, right?" — He wanted to stretch out a hand to Kami but resigned from it when he realized how stupid of an idea that'd be, stuffing his hands into his pockets and awaiting an answer instead.

He'd be proud of himself, these have been the most lucid words he'd spoken to a real person in the entire week, if not for the fact that he was sure to be turned down by the god. But there was still that small chance that the redhead would actually accept...

"Bothersome..."

Last edited:
Seiichi Tanaka (God)
Time: 1:10 pm
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , N/A

After bidding Inari and Junki goodnight as he was led into his shrine, he laid on the floor and fell asleep within minutes. He slept like a log throughout the night.

He stirred around 12:50, but didn't fully wake until around 1 pm, blue green eyes blearily blinking open as he uncurled from his spot on the floor with a yawn as joints popped. Grunting, he pushed himself to his feet and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Guess I'll find something to eat and fix up the place a bit before doing anything else." He muttered. Buying something quick to eat for breakfast and getting right to work on making the shrine look nicer couldn't take more than at least an hour if he didn't get distracted. Taking a glance around, getting rid of some old wood from the ruined foundation still scattered on the floor and dusting the place a bit should do the trick for the inside, the outside could use a bit of weed pulling along the steps.

"Mm. The vines might have to stay, if they're not covering the front too much it shouldn't be too much of a problem, right?" He muttered to himself, picking up old planks of wood and tossing them out of a hole from a fallen wall to the grass below and making a small pile in no time.

With that out of the way, he brushed himself off and went to take a better look at the front now that the sun was out. His name had been carved over the threshold and likely could of been missed if one didn't look at it directly. He couldn't help bust smile slightly at the sight, reminded of a day from long ago.

The blonde looked up from the feline laying in his lap as it purred, attention elsewhere as he continued to scratch under the lazy calico's chin.

"What are you doing, Shige?" Seiichi asked the young man before him as he focused on the task he placed in front of him, occasionally blowing away wood carvings as he did so.

"I'm putting your name here, big Brother." Shige replied, causing Seiichi to grow confused.

"I don't think it's necessary?" He questioned, but Shige simply laughed hearty and deep. The tanned young man simply wiped sweat from his brow from the summer heat as he looked at the young god.

"Well how else will others know this is your shrine and home? Father worked so hard on it when he started it, might as well finish what he started and then some!" The other cheerfully replied as he moved back to admire his work.

"There, I think that does it! What do you think, big Brother?" Shige grinned, earning a smile in response.

"It looks great." He replied.

In the present, Seiichi turned and began the trek to the nearest convenience store to buy something quick for a very late breakfast before getting some weed pulling done while there was still some daylight out.

Time: 1:30 pm

With two plastic bags in hand, the god yawned as he walked along the Kyoto streets, passing by many who didn't notice him as well as a few people with rather small phantoms lingering around them. So far the ones he saw looming and milling about weren't all that big and didn't cause him too much trouble other than the occasional 'smells nice' from them. He didn't even have to run back home at this point as long as he stayed out of dark alleys and kept an eye out.

His eyes scanned the streets as he walked, watching out for any larger phantoms out and about at this time of day. Despite that, he was rather calm and relaxed as he hummed a random little tune to himself to try and lift his mood.

He did his best these days not to let much bother him, but sometimes he couldn't help but feel a bit lonely, or bored, or in this case still a bit hungover and tired on top of hungry. He sighed heavily, pouting briefly as he stopped to pick up a can someone left on the ground to throw it into the proper bin before moving on.

---​

Sugi (Regalia)
Time: 12:45 pm

"Where are you, Kuzuryū-Sama?" A young woman muttered, down trodden as she came upon yet another empty shrine. Sighing, she sat on an empty park bench with a pout, watching a young father and son playing on a swing set. The rhythmic creaking of the swings chains as the young boy laughed and requested to higher brightened her mood a bit, causing a small smile to grace her features.

There were a few storms out throughout the city and yet this park was one of the few not touched by gloom. Or at least, not a lot of it.

Sugi felt as if she could breath easy here for the most part. There was a brief bout of loneliness and sadness that settled in her chest but it passed as quickly as it came. She held onto the hope that she'd find her god and her small family. Or find out more on the specifics regarding what happened to them at least.

Most gods these days were too busy hunting down the phantoms that showed up at the gate or probably upping defenses to look deeply into what happened to gods that were potentially missing or...dead. Sugi hated the thought that gods could simply die and not come back, but from what she heard some gods simply took longer to reincarnate than others for one reason or another. She hoped that simply was the case for many of the missing, or that they were safely hiding and conserving their strength.

"If he had his phone on him and knew how to properly use it I could just call and be right there beside him in no time...hmm, maybe more like he'd be beside me, since he can teleport. Wish he'd just teleport back home." She grumbled to herself with a heavy sigh. His shrine had been mostly rebuilt by a few of the braver (or possibly foolish to some folks) townsfolk that still held belief in the dragon that lives below Lake Ashi last she visited. The shrine hadn't been touched since as far as she knew, but there was no blue eyed man waiting for her when she looked before finding herself in the heart of Kyoto, tired and with nothing to really show for it.

Time: 1:05 pm​
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Chuujistuu ( CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu )
Miu.jpg

Miu was more then happy to leave this holly water soaked place behind. While her mood was still going to be a bit sour for a bit over losing her monopoly of only regalia. As Azani walked out of the room Miu walked much more closely to her goddess leaving on a few inches of space between them as her possessive nature started to take effect. Still as they moved down the hallway she couldn't help but follow her instincts just a bit and steal a glance towards the "spirit" room. She felt that pang of hunger again but quickly and internally shrugged it away. Now that she was getting out of this annoying place so that though alone managed to prevent the earlier dilemma she had gone through. Although it did make her stick even closer to Azani.

As they passed by anyone on their way out Miu would meet the glares she received with their own, but this time with a little less aggression. She even went to go as far as looking at Kagemi and giving her a simple. "Thank you for your quick assistance." before actually marching past Azani and out the door back into the sweet sweet hoy water free air. Upon stepping outside and out of the barrier the itchy scratchy feeling started to slowly fade and Miu let out a very audible sigh of pleasure. "Aaaahhhh that feels so nice. What wonderful unpurified air."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back