• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom NORAGAMI: Celestial Rites -- a romance driven roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
Random shrine

Azani had known the risks of working with a Nora, in that they could be called away from their current user at anytime, but still she had not expected it to happen in such a short time. Still Azani was understanding about it and hadn't put up a fuss only hoping that it was some combat god fighting the phantoms that had called. Still this left her again without a Shinki to aid her and Azani wasn't fully fake just yet as she had to go back into the city to answer this prayer.

When she appeared she was on the edge of a building, a very tall building next to some guy on the edge of building. Great it was some suicidal guy that wanted her to ferry him to the afterlife or something other than her normal requests. It didn't help that people who committed suicide didn't let one pass on in that same way other deaths did. Azani would have normally actually tried to talk the guy down, not wanting another phantom to be created from something like this, but she didn't get the chance as the guy fell and in his surprised panic took her with him.

Looking down as they fell Azani knew this guy was doomed, but well she would save him from the fate of becoming a phantom. Azani let out a sigh " You are lucky i hope you know that" She said and before he could react she plunged her hand into his chest. Azani pulled out his soul saving it from become a phantom, but still killing him so win win she guessed.

Azani still had one issue, one rapidly approaching issue, the ground. Well it wasn't like the fall would kill her she was a god, but still it would hurt. Well it wasn't like she had much time as within 2 seconds she and the man's body hit the ground right by some trash cans. Azani stood up cracking her back " Ok that hurt really not fun" She said " I am charging this guy extra for that" She complained.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

N.(Pok%C3%A9mon).full.943067.jpg

Nagi
Going into the twister

Arashi.

Nagi didn’t recognize the name, so he concluded that the dark-haired god was new one. In fact, the travel god--who was known for having traveled many places--had never even heard whispers of such a god among humans, so Arashi must be a very obscure god. He probably didn’t even have a shrine. Feeling a slight empathy for the masked god who left at the beck of a phone call, since Nagi remembered what it felt like to fear for one’s existence, Nagi nodded farewell to Arashi and his polite regalia. “You’re welcome, Arashi and Regalia. May your journey be swift and safe.”

For a long time, he too prioritized his duties. The wishes of humans were his lifeline, his very reason for existing. Interestingly, it was a human that taught him that such an existence wasn’t really a life at all.

Chuckling at Kana’s irritation, Nagi couldn’t help but tease his newest regalia a bit. “Your donuts, Kaname-kun? Does that mean you accepted my earlier apology?” Leaping back as the borderline drawn by Arashi’s regalia fell, Nagi shot at the phantom that tried to attack them. It dodged.

“I’m just kidding,” Nagi continued merrily before Kaname could retort. The guy seemed easily upset. “I’ll make it up to you by buying some more when when this is done. Didn’t know you liked donuts so much. They were Hiname-chan’s choice.”

This is no time for jokes, Lord Nagi.
Hiname voiced as Nagi avoided a swipe from the phantom’s claws. I’ll be honest, I don’t much like this Arashi God. He seems very…secretive.

“Everyone has secrets,” Nagi slammed the back Kinki to the phantom’s face, shoving it back a good distance so Nagi could try shooting at it again. “Stories they’d rather not share. Scars they’d rather keep hidden. Sometimes it’s better not to pry…especially in regards to gods.”

Still…he gives me an unsettling feeling. Like he’s purposefully keeping the mask on his face.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

“I’m sure he is,” Nagi replied as he followed the fast moving phantom with Kinki’s barrel, his eyes narrowed in concentration. “I wonder what he was going to compare the donut’s taste to…”

You aren’t taking this very seriously are you, Lord Nagi? Hiname deadpanned.

Aiming at the spot where he predicted the phantom would move, Nagi fired, immensely satisfied when he finally hit his mark. The creature exploded. “On the contrary, Hiname-chan, I’m taking this very seriously. However, clearing the phantoms and purifying the wind is my first priority. The deeper we go into the storm, the bigger and more powerful the phantoms will be. I’ll need you both to stay sharp until this is over.”

Clutching the box of remaining donuts tightly under one arm, green hair whipping wildly, Nagi entered the twister. If some malicious wind spirits were enough to push him back, Fuujin would surely laugh. Nagi raised his regalia. “You who blemish the roads by which travelers both near and far walk, this the Land of the Rising Sun. Your defilement shall not be allowed. Hear me! I am the God Nagi. With this Kinki, I shall cleanse all impurities.”

Bang!
Bang!
Bang!
Bang!

“Purge.”

S n o w S n o w
Life. Life.

coded by e d e n

dc259d07a536e7221fce016a80f262ca.jpg

Sachi
Ally near Yuu’s House, Kyoto

The spirit called Sachi could only stare, stunned, as two figures fell from the sky in front of her. One of even landed on top of Yuu…a dead body that knocked him unconscious. It was a disturbing sight. Eyes widening as her mind finally caught up to what was going on in front of her, a strangled sound escaped spirit’s lips. “Yuu!”

Pushing the soulless body aside, Sachi knelt by Yuu and checked him for any injuries. Fortunately, there didn’t seem to be any serious wounds. However, there was a bit of blood from where the man’s head hit the pavement. Humans were fragile. So very fragile. Especially their minds. Shakily, the unclaimed spirit began to sing a song taught to her while under Jizo’s care—one that healed his cuts and scratches. Only when she was satisfied, did Sachi glare up at the second figure that had fallen.

A girl with long black hair that looked to be her apparent age. No, not just any girl. A goddess. Having lived in Takama-ga-hara, and attended many colloquies, Sachi instinctively knew. Gods had a certain…aura…about them. An air of power that was different than any spirit. Besides, only a god could kill a human without becoming a phantom.

“…Are you a Goddess of Calamity?” Sachi shook her head. “It doesn’t matter what sort of goddess you are. You should be careful where you’re dropping things! Look at what you did to my poor Yuu…” Under normal circumstances, Sachi would be much more polite, but she wouldn’t abide by anyone hurting Yuu. Not even a god. Though, she supposed it wasn’t the goddess that fell on Yuu. It was a corpse… that the girl god was most likely involved with. Dark eyes dropped back to the unconscious male on the ground pensively.

Actually, given the current weather, Yuu being out cold might even be a good thing. Hadn’t Sachi wished for someone to show up and save him from his idiocy? This wasn’t what she had in mind, but it could work out if the goddess cooperated. Sachi met the girl god’s eyes pleadingly. For Yuu, she could be brave.

“Help me,” Sachi begged, her tune immediately changing. She wasn’t bound to the earth. She was just a wandering, loose spirit. She couldn’t touch Yuu. But a goddess could. “Please help me. I’ll do whatever you want. Just help me carry Yuu back to his house.”

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
s3CuzOr.jpg

Kimi/Yuri Kaneda
City Streets
Kimi clicked her tongue, losing patience at the guy nonchalantly sitting on the stupid window. "Fine ignore me! I hope you fall!" She puffed her cheeks as she immaturely wished misfortune on him. Whoever he was, he was rude to her. Even if he was human and couldn't see her. They were unlikely to cross paths again, but that wasn't Kimi's main concern right now.

Gusts of wind from several directions picked up the fallen leaves and made little whirlwinds on the ground. She decided to run back the way she came, maybe Kokoro had somehow won against the phantom and was waiting for her already. But when she arrived back at the street, out of breath once more, she didn't see her or the spirit she doused holy water with. A black scribble on the floor caught her eye and she stepped closer towards it. It read home and had a heart drawn next to it. It must have been Kokoro. Kimi smiled to herself, relieved that she got away in one piece and made hast towards Limbo.

---

Outside Safehouse, Limbo

"What the fu**... No way..." Kimi stood dumbfounded in front of the debris of what used to be the safehouse. She wasn't there long, but she still worried about everyone. They welcomed her in after all, what soul would not care a little in return? "Hey! Is anyone here! She started panicking when no one answered her call. She started cussing as she climbed on top of the collapsed building, her panic turning into anger and blame for phantoms, humans... and gods. She continued shouting, in hopes of hearing something in return.

Maybe they went somewhere else? Are they stuck underneath? Her cries got more desperate each passing moment.

That was till she saw a familiar coat. "Kokoro!" Kimi ran towards her, only to trip and fall. She got up quickly and clambered her way, when she got closer she saw another wrapping her arms around her. "Oi you! Who are you! Get away from her!" She shouted, sliding down a piece of concrete and creating a small dust cloud as her feet landed on the uneven ground.

Jean Otus Jean Otus Ian Temero Ian Temero MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

H1193-L113822868.jpg

Kaname
Kyoto, Inside The Twister

"I never wanted an apology from you," Kana grumbled, since Nagi seemed determined to keep bringing it back up. "And, yeah, why would an ex-homeless regalia like a simple box of donuts so much? I wonder," he scoffed, but let it go. He wasn't offended by it, but he was starting to get an idea of where Hiname got her obliviousness from. Though unlike her, since Nagi wasn't trying to lecture him, it was easier to forgive.

He couldn't help but wonder at how slow Nagi was for a self-proclaimed god of wind. What was that, the third or fourth time he missed? Kana wanted to voice these thoughts, but then Hiname would jump in again with something like, 'blah blah insult, blah blah defense, then putting part of the blame on him'. It was predictable and boring and he would rather avoid it entirely. Nagi would just end up interrupting before he had a chance to reply, anyway. He was only half-listening as they talked, and only decided to speak after Nagi finally managed to kill the phantom.

"For once, I agree with stick in the mud up there. He took part of the mask off to eat, right? So, there can't be anything that bad worth hiding. Unless he doesn't have eyes. Or a nose. He could be god of the blind, or the... smell-impaired. Maybe he doesn't have eyebrows and thought you would make fun of him for it," Kana speculated, entertaining himself with theories as they moved further into the twister.

He would be the first to admit he was distracted as Nagi fought off more phantoms, but with the power of the chant making his bullets stronger he managed not to get them all killed as phantoms exploded around them.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Nagi
Kyoto, Inside nearest twister

Nagi laughed. Kaname might not have known it, but he was quite funny.

“I’ll be sure to ask Arashi if he has eyebrows the next time we meet,” Nagi replied amusedly to Kaname’s speculations. Truthfully, Nagi didn’t expect to meet Arashi again. He didn’t even know how long he planned to stay in Kyoto. The wanderlust was strong in the Travel God, such that Nagi couldn’t imagine staying in one place for very long, let alone choose a permanent home. Kaname had called himself an ex-homeless regalia. While the boy brushed it off as something unimportant, his words were enough to reflect his desires. He was looking for a home. A shelter to provide security from the poverty he’d experienced. If what Kaname was looking for a way to escape ‘homelessness’ then a life by Nagi’s side might not be what he was looking for. However, the Travel god was reluctant to correct his new regalia and give him the details of new nomadic life…at least until the storms ended. There were practical reasons for his decision of course, but the main one was the one accurately described by Hiname-chan.

Nagi was a procrastinator when it came to things he didn’t like doing.

Not like Kaname seemed to enjoy listening to job explanations anyway. Perhaps it was best to not volunteer information and let Kaname ask when he wanted to know something. That was a different method of teaching, one that might be better suited for the unexperienced regalia since, unlike Hiname-chan, he was practically a young adult when he died. It was probably best to treat him as such and let him learn what he wanted to learn rather than coddling him. At the very least, it was less work for Nagi.

“You don't have to think of that part of your afterlife any longer, Kaname-kun.” Nagi said amiably. “ I gave you a new name. One that roughly translates to ‘money sprout’ when written out. If names give any sort of blessing, then you’ll never have to go hungry again.”

Incoming from your left, Lord Nagi. Two of them.

Nagi fired, keeping his distance as he kicked off the round body of another phantom. A muttered spell kept him in the air, feet planted high on the fast moving winds. Many of the wind spirits in the twister were tainted to the point where they could barely hear his words, let alone obey his commands. However, he could still control of some of the less tainted ones to a limited degree. Even if he was primarily a Travel god, he was still a deity of the wind. He wasn’t helpless in a twister.

“So focus on your job and keep count of how many phantoms you take out. That’ll determine how many donuts you get when this is over. We aren’t leaving to eat until this is done.”

Wait, what about me? Hiname whined as Nagi pointed Kinki below them at the phantoms. I can’t take out any.

“You get as many donuts as Kaname-kun can get. So do your best to help him, Hiname-chan.”

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Rin.jpg

Rin, Akumu & Yoru
Somewhere in a nearby forest
Even with godly abilities, it took Akumu fifteen minutes to reach her hideout in the forest. But majority of the travel was trekking down a dark tunnel. The deeper the two walked down the tunnel, the darker their surroundings became. "Who was it we had down here again Yoru?"
Akumu turned his head to look back to Yoru, but instead he was met with darkness. "The God of Longevity. It seems with the continuous growth of technology and medicine not many people have the need or desire to wish for a long life since there are options to help them live longer. It also seems that many of his shrines have disappeared." The god and regalia knew the true cause of the shrines disappearing, or really being destroyed.

Soon a soft light emerged in their line of vision. The intensity grew brighter as they reached the mouth of what appeared to be an underground cave. "Well it was about time you boys arrived," a familiar voice greeted them. "Nice to see you again as well Rin,"
Akumu pulled off the kistune mask to greet the young lady. "Did you want to test something on the pair?" Yoru was quick to get straight to the point of their meeting. Rin's eyes looked over to the tall man, "No. I just felt like ending someone's suffering." The manner in which she spoke sent slight shivers down Yoru's body, but fortunately his facial expression did not equate his feelings.

As if cued, a despairing moan sounded out from the far end of the space. Their eyes all turned over to the source of the moan. Rin walked over to where a torch rested on a hook, grabbed the fire and sauntered over to a person collapsed on the ground. Akumu and Yoru followed after, their eyes examining the frail and corrupted body of what once stood to be a god. The man withered in pain as some blight expanded further across his body. His pain was in sync with the cries of another soul nearby. But this sound was one filled with more pain and confusion. A young girl was crouched down onto the ground, her whole body shaking as she screamed out some more.
Soon a pair of appendages shot out of her sides. Eyes of a dark mass already decorated her porcelain skin.

"My, my Rin. Whatever you have done to her has certainly stirred her up. From the condition she stands, the Regalia will last not much longer. He too seems to be on the brink," the young god looked back to the girl expecting a sly smile to be on her face instead a neutral expression was in place. "Which is exactly why I called you over here. As I said I wanted to end someone's suffering. It'll make me feel better." She shifted her eyes from the corrupted Regalia back to the weak god, "It's time to end a light." Yoru met Akumu's violet eyes with his own golden ones and gave a slight nod over to his master. They knew from Rin's tone that she was serious. With a bright flash of light, Yoru transformed into his vessel form.

The many eyes spotted across the Regalia's body all looked over to the black-hair god. While some might have hesitated, Akumu didn't. With a clean stroke, Akumu brought down Reiki straight through the Phantom's body. The creature screamed out in pain from the touch of a divine weapon, but soon exploded into a bright light.
Another cry filled the air as soon as the Phantom disappeared. It was a howl of heartbreak, loss, and pure sadness. A faint pang of sympathy filled Akumu's and Yoru's soul as they watched the god mourn for their loss. On the other hand, Rin simply stood there with no emotions coloring her heart. The cries and screams were all too familiar to her ears and at this point has dulled her heart. "Finish him."

This time there was a slight hesitation on the young god's part to vanquish the defeated god, but one glance over to the girl and from there nothing else convinced him to go against her. After all this was a part of her wish. Once again all it took was one stroke to end the existence of the god. But right before his entire being dissipated, the eyes of the fallen god looked up to Akumu. There the young god finally felt the thrill that he enjoyed. The eyes of a hopeless, distraught, empty god shining the single light that was a mixture of gratitude and anger. It was a confusing mixture to embrace, but the uniqueness of it excited Akumu. This type of scenario was one hard to describe. One second the god was feeling sympathy but the next it was exhilaration.

"How did that feel? Easier? If so then good. Your powers should be increasing. I've been flooding the boards with words to influence the hearts of others to begin hating the gods. If only they knew that their wish 'to let gods feel the same pain we feel' or 'to bring the end of gods' was actually being granted by a god," her face melted into its usual smirk once she laughed. Akumu's crazed state vanished once he heard her questions, "Rin you do realize ending the gods is impossible, right?"

"Ah but bringing hell to them is not, right?"

coded by e d e n

tumblr_onfzig3h8a1uo04qvo2_500.gif

2nd Wave of Gods
Ending the Storm
What started out as one big storm broke apart into several, smaller storms. Phantoms rampaged the city from the chaos, others formed from the negativity of the terrified humans. Not only was there a Far Shore storm, but a Near Shore one as well. It darkened the city but the lights of Phantom's being exorcised lightened up the sky. Although only Far Shore citizens and a few exceptional Near Shore denizens can see it.

The longevity of the twister almost seemed to overpower the current gods that were fighting their Phantoms. But just when it seemed as though there was no end to the tempest came sudden, bigger, brighter bursts of Phantoms disappearing. Like a tidal wave Phantoms began disappearing one after the other. The second wave of gods have arrived. Working hand in hand with their many Regalias, the gods vanished little storm after little storm. Soon they came upon the Storm that started it all.

A slash here, punch there, and ending it with a large missile soon the turbulent winds dissipated. With the large Storm finally gone all that was left was the remaining smaller fragments that lingered. The battle was long and well-fought with many new bonds made and tested. If these new bonds will last depends all on the gods and regalias. Even if they turn out to be short-lived, everyone met and fought under the same sky. And to those new bonds that started a fresh start for a god and their regalia, new challenges shall be faced in the future.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Ian Temero Ian Temero
Nico Nico
Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver
Jean Otus Jean Otus
RI.a RI.a
Karcen Karcen
MrThe MrThe
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Azani
Random shrine

Falling tended to annoy people, and landing on the ground tended to annoy others more Azani was truly not happy about her situation and the soul chastising her for what her stupid client had done, was not helping. Still this was a lose spirit and Azani could use a temporary shinki and here was someone that could do it, still she couldn't or rather wouldn't just take people against their will. then the spirit herself offered a solution, to this little issue in taking the human to their home, clearly she feared for him and that could be used, though gods didn't normally grant a spirits wish as their believe didn't sustain the gods.

Azani did't go right to helping instead going through the dead human's pockets and pulling out his wallet and taking his cash, it might look odd but people killing themselves was odd enough and no one would worry about him missing a few hundred thousand yen, and the cheapskate and only summoned her for 200. Once Azani had some cash she turned back to the spirit with a smirk.

" I will help on the condition you serve as my Shinki until mine returns and also you explain your relationship to this human " Azani said there could be issues with a soul getting involved with the living.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Sachi
Ally near Yuu’s House, Kyoto

The spirit formerly known as Sachi watched in disgust as the black haired goddess proceeded to steal money from the corpse she’d made. She added unscrupulous to the list of traits she picked up about the goddess. There were gods out there like that? Her only experience with gods was Jizo Bosatsu…and he’d been a kind, wise old man. None of the other gods in Heaven had ever resorted to stealing from a mortal either. They were all prideful, lofty, and held themselves to a certain standard that this girl god didn’t seem to care for.

She listened to the goddess’s demands, head tilted when the goddess mentioned another regalia that was away—possibly on vacation. A temporary work contract then? Considering all that the goddess could’ve demanded from her, it wasn’t a terribly unreasonable one. Formerly Sachi looked at Yuu, then towards the twister that had entered the city. The winds had picked up. The weather was growing worse by the minute and if a human was left out here he would surely die.

She didn’t mind becoming a regalia of a goddess. She could finally speak to Yuu. Tell him the feelings she couldn’t while she was a loose spirit, bound to him by the chains of feelings she couldn’t break. With a name given by a god, she might even be strong enough to protect him should the need ever arise. Therefore, the spirit simply straightened and dusted her dark dress before pointing to Yuu’s place around the corner. “That’s his house. The yellow one with the tiled roof. Carry him inside to safety then we have deal, Mistress.” Not like a goddess needed to make a deal with a lowly spirit in the first place. Sure she could always complain to the Divine Instrument Labor Department, but it wouldn’t amount to much. It was up to the goddess whether or not she was released since Sachi didn’t want to become a Stray. She couldn't imagine a worse shame. “I can only complete the second condition after you’ve named me.”

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

tumblr_nqkucjMBIk1tzan3fo1_400.jpg

Udeya
A Small Park In Kyoto, Japan
“She would have liked this one, I think,” Ude rolled a small wildflower between his fingers.

Nagasu always loved watching flowers bloom, but she loved these the most. The kind of flowers that grew in any condition, that sprouted even if the soil was dried out and nothing else would grow, that persisted after a fire burned the land and covered everything in ash. She would've yelled at him for picking it.

“Who?”

Ude put it back, pushing the stem back into the ground until only the petals were showing. It was too late to take back pulling it up, but he still tried. He stood up instead of answering and faced what was left of the tornado. He wondered what Nagasu was doing, if she managed to find shelter, if she was safe.

How many decades would it take before he stopped thinking of her when he looked up at the clouds, or when he saw a certain type of flower? He felt Inbu's stare on his back, but his regalia didn't pry. Ude considered himself lucky in that way. He could have ended up with a version of Inbu that wanted to know every single detail about his past, even the parts he didn't know.

Inbu sat up, following his gaze. "Looks like you were right. The gods saved the day," he stretched his arms. "It hasn't been that long, right?"

"It's been long enough." The park and the surrounding area were deserted. All the humans that were there were hunkered down inside. "Still, we should go."

Inbu shoved him, "When I say it, you don't hear me. But when you say it, I'm supposed to act like that's the greatest idea I've ever heard?" He shook his head.

smells nice

Ude reached out instinctually when he heard the voice, grabbing Inbu by the collar. He jumped back just as a phantom landed where he'd been standing. It was shaped like a human, if a human had eyes all over their back. It crawled forward on all fours, sniffing the ground as it looked for him. "Wha-?"

"Come, Raiki!"

Ude grabbed the book and tucked it under his arm. It was easier to carry him this way. He leaped again as the phantom rushed forward, this time landing on a roof. Ude kept moving as it followed him, aiming to outrun it. If it was smaller, he might have tried to read a spell or chant from Raiki, just to see what he could do.

coded by e d e n

H1193-L113822868.jpg

Kaname
Kyoto, Inside The Twister
Kana wanted to say something sarcastic when Nagi told him what his name meant. He was going to say that his prediction didn't hold much weight, since he'd held two other names before and those blessings didn't bring him anything. He believed the part about not going hungry before too, at least until he couldn't find his next meal. He swallowed the words and sighed instead.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," was all he said.

Kana went silent after that, focusing on helping Nagi fight instead of thinking about what he said. Or whether or not he should let himself believe him. He was in a better mood when Nagi mentioned that he should be keeping count. He blinked. Wait, what?

"I should be keeping count?" He repeated. "Since when? That's not fair!"

Kana suddenly struggled to remember how many phantoms they'd killed already. He hadn't been paying attention. He wondered if he could get stick in the mud to agree to a mutiny if Nagi shorted them.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Azani
Ally near Yuu's house

Azani's eyes narrowed as the spirit said she would only tell her the relation after she was named, the human must not be able to see spirits, it was one sided. There was no way she knew him from her past as souls forgot who they were before their death. Azani did not like this attachment like that were unhealthy and could lead a soul to becoming a phantom. Still She saw this now as a chance to help the soul and if the worst happened she could send her to the afterlife. She would name the girl latter for now she would make a few things very clear.

" I will tell you this now if your connection is a one sided affection then you should let it go now before you become blighted" Azani said her tone serious and stern, though she was careful try not to insult the girl just assume she made a error that should be corrected.

" And my name is Azani, use it" She said as she moved around and picked the boy up again showing a difference in letting one use her name without any honorific, likely signaling she was not a grand and great god, in fact her aura was very different from any god Sachi might have met, and more like the phantoms she may have encountered. Once the boy was securely lifted Azani would slowly make her way tot he indicated house, if nothing else she did keep her word as she could very well have just named Sachi without doing anything for her.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

japanese-cute-teen-school-girl-26262814.jpg

Tora Fuyume
Home, waiting out the storm.

"Shiro, psst, Shiro!" Tora hissed into his ear. The storm had steered their course indoors and they ran into Tora's small two-story home. During the time they were waiting out the storm, he had fallen asleep on the sofa. Her mom was putting her twin siblings to bed and trying to hush their cries when that failed. They were only 2 years old and two handfuls of work.

"Hrmm?" Shouta opened his eyes and blinked groggily. "Oh... sorry for falling asleep." He raised his torso and found himself to be covered with a pink blanket covered with white and yellow flowers. "Wha---?"

Tora giggled softly. "My mom suggested we cover you up while you napped. The storm is petering out. Look! The sun's almost come out." She pulled back the blinds to allow him to see out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Before, she had watched as the flashes of Phantoms being rent apart brightened the otherwise dark sky. Unlike her cousin, Iki Hiyori, she couldn't do the whole out of body weirdness. Honestly, she was glad that that wasn't an issue with her. Her mother had told her about the strange powers that sometimes ran in the females of her family. Her mother, Kyoko Hiyori, took an approach that basically allowed her to know what was common knowledge about the Spirit World. And so growing up, Tora had always known just enough. Just enough, but never as much as she wanted to know.

She knew that she could see them. The Phantoms, but only as vague black mists. Lost souls were ghostly in appearance, a faint apparition. Kami, however, were the clearest of all. Her mother had taught her that the strength of visibility was directly in proportion to the strength of the spirit. Her Spirit Sight ability grew as she aged, unlike what her mother had said would happen. Usually children had strong ties to the Far Shore, but as they acculturated to society, they lost much of that. Not her. It was a puzzle she wondered about.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Tora-Taro, what are you looking at?"
"Huh?" His voice brought her sharply back into reality. She hadn't realized that she had zoned out, staring at a bright blur. A kami. They looked like shooting stars when they moved quickly about, faster than any person in the Near Shore could move. "Oh, sorry."
He stared at her. Then laughed. "You're really strange sometimes, you know?"
She joined in on his laugh, but it sounded strained to her ears.

If you only knew...

Mentioned: (unknown kami, could be anyone)

coded by e d e n

Sachi
Inside Yuu's house, bedroom

Azani told her the same things Jizo had.

He’d even offered to sever her ties for her. Sachi hadn’t listened then. It was a mistake. Her feelings controlled her back then—and even now. She didn’t want to let go of these bonds that were both a blessing and a curse. When Azani brought Yuu inside, Sachi ushered them both to Yuu’s room where she tucked Yuu’s blanket over him. He must’ve been cold out in that weather. Sachi couldn’t feel the cold anymore. Not hunger. Not thirst. It had been too long since Jizo released her…and without a name to bind her to the earth, she knew she would only fade away over time—that’s if she got lucky. Worse, she’d turn into a phantom. Or get picked off by one of the Death Gods and sent to the afterlife before she got a chance to turn into a phantom.

If she knew what was good for her, she’d find a god to keep her grounded.

Except Yuu kept her stationary. What had Jizo said? The human world was full of temptations? Every day she remained with Yuu she was being tested. Sachi was tired to being tested. He had moved on with his life. She should too. But…

“I can’t,” The spirit whispered. Crouched beside Yuu’s bed, she stared at his face, not looking towards the goddess Azani that she spoke to. “I want to, but I can’t break these chains. I’m not strong enough…” As she spoke, the long, invisible chain she’d unwittingly created for herself over the years appeared, visible only to those who had the ability to see it. It was the bond she and Yuu shared. One that appeared worn, yet sturdy. “I’m not even sure I really want to…”

The wind pounded against window of Yuu’s bedroom, proof that the gods were still outside fighting phantoms and providing a somber atmosphere. However, Sachi wasn’t scared. She knew the gods would eventually win. They were gods. Sachi had faith in them. Finally Sachi looked at Azani, her expression glimmering with unshed tears. “What should I do, Azani?”

Normally Sachi wouldn’t be so open with a stranger. So quick to call a goddess by her given name, even if the goddess demanded it. However, she was tired, and Azani’s appearance looked to be her age. It was easier to speak to as if they were peers.

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Azani

Connections to the living were not things that gods and spirits should have, it let to corruption of all because humans lived and died while those outside this remained, they were quickly forgotten. they looked away for a moment to think and years had passed time was their enemy. The connection between the boy and Sachi was not healthy it would lead only to death and corruption, Azani was tempted to send Sachi to the afterlife now and make sure she and the boy were safe. If Sachi became a phantom the first one to fall to her would likely be the one she cared for the most her affection twisted to obsession.

" All I can tell you is the most painful option, you must one day sever your connection to Yuu" Azani explained though how she said it gave time " While connections are not by themselves bad attachment becomes obession, and obsession leads to corruption and corruption will lead you to destroy that which you loved" She explained.

there could likely be a healthy attachment to a human but you had to be ready to one day let them go it was a matter of mental health and being ready. As far as Azani knew this was in truth very rare as without their past lives spirits had little reason to interact with the living. Still Azani did believe one day Sachi would have to leave Yuu.

" You can't allow that to happen, Yuu will live, he will change and grow and you will not and one day he will move into the afterlife, that is the fate of humans even you one day will move to the afterlife" Azani trying to tip toe ground a sensitive subject " Most gods would be against you even knowing a human, most would offer or force you to cut ties, but I am not most you have known this boy for awhile and you are not corrupt, you hopefully can manage your affection." Azani continued and while she had simi agreed to learnt he connection after Sachi was named she would not wait.

" Now i will name you but first i do want to know your connection" She finished that was her changing her terms a little she would not allow love that was to far, at least if it wasn't sisterly love.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
Anime Person.jpg
Kyoto, Kokoro's Safe House

Hasuna was surprised by the sudden appearance of another stray spirit. She didn't think there were any other survivors. She was even more surprised at the tone she took with her. Hasuna carefully stood up and stared at the newcomer with cold and catlike eyes. My name is Hasuna and I am a Goddess. You would do well to address me with more deference.
RI.a RI.a Ian Temero Ian Temero

Last edited:
1520211410126.png

Takamagahara
The Ballroom Lounge

"When I asked Florencia to choose a location, I did not think she would choose something like this," the petite feminine kami said with a wrinkle of her nose. The tall, black-haired Regalia that stood by her side in a butler's uniform said nothing.
"...Do you not approve?" Red Velvet was at her side in a moment.
"No, it's just-- she doesn't understand that all the Heaven's Council will be here. They have... old tastes." Her face was a perfect definition of 'disheartened.'
"I believe the correct word would be traditional, but if you really don't like it I'll let her know...?"
"Oh no, I wouldn't want her to, no really now..."

"To be sure, my lady chose this because she thought that you would like it."
The younger girl wrung her hands. "And I do, but I just wonder what the other more ancient kami would say."
Red Velvet put a comforting hand on her shoulder and gave her a warm smile. "Don't worry, they can say as they'd like. Times are changing, and so are tastes. My lady thought the modern comfortable feel would give everyone a clear message that the kami are no longer entrapped in old ways and that we have to move forward to adapt if we are to endure this trying time. And she hopes that the guests would be comfortable, rather than trapped in a stuffy official ceremony. "She also told them to dress well, but not to be extremely formal. It should go smoothly."

"Yes... I just hope that my beau would also be pleased at the arrangements." The bride-to-be smiled with slight nervousness showing through.
"We hope that everyone will be pleased."

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
1520222233440.png

Kokoro
Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

Could she be strong? What had her strength mattered? Her being strong hadn't saved her friends, the people she promised to protect. How could she posibly help anyone else? Be strong? What was the point? Kokoro's thoughts were spiraling out of control, threatening to drag her into depression, when a familiar voice called out her name. Kimi? Through blurry eyes she was just able to make out the new girl making her way through the remains of their home. She was alive. One of her makeshift family was safe! She hadn't failed completely! She still had something, someone, she could be strong for.

Kokoro turned to hide her tears as the goddess, who called herself Hasuna, stood to confront Kimi's agresivness. Once she figured she could at least not sound like she was crying she spoke up, though she still kept her back to Kimi. "It's okay, Kimi." She tried to sound like her usual self, strong and unwavering, but her own voice sounded dead and hollow in her ears. "She saved me. But the others..." Her voice started to waver agian so she paused to take a deap breath. "A phantom got through the barrier. Or-or one of the others... I got here and... they were..." Her voice cracked. She couldn't finish. Though, she didn't really need to.

Interactions: MrThe MrThe RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
Anime Person.jpg

Hasuna looked back at her new Regalia and winced. The pain was a lot to deal with especially with their deaths so raw. Perhaps she was a bit hasty in taking her on. But she could not back down now, so she composed herself. Lady Hasuna, you are injured, we must take you to safety, I am sorry I failed to protect you. Oh, do not fret Goza. You have not failed me, nor do I have need to retreat. It is the new addition to our family, she is pained and so I too am pained. But the hurt will pass and she and I both will heal. Dear Kokoroza, it is well that you have friends that care for you. You care deeply about others and so if you desire and Kimi agrees I will take her on as my regalia. Is this what you both wish? Her regalia seemed to calm down, that was good. If Kimi refused the offer, Hasuna knew of a certain god that might be able to take her in. Nagi was in search of a regalia when they departed company although Hon may have changed his mind. Maybe he might be able to take her in.​

Last edited:

Sachi
Inside Yuu’s House, Bedroom

“C-c-connection?” Sachi blushed.

Azani wanted her to describe it? Something so personal? She’d never known a god to be so…forward. Twirling a lock of hair around her finger, the spirit glanced upward as she tried to think about what Yuu meant to her, her upset feelings of tiredness fading as she thought about him and the short time they’d spent together.

“He gives me a warm feeling. In here.” Sachi placed a hand over his heart. “It’s a wonderful feeling. The happiest I’ve ever felt in my life. Well, afterlife I guess…not that I can remember my life before Jizo. I don’t know how else to describe it. I remember us playing together as if it were yesterday, although he’s clearly forgotten about it…” Sachi looked back at the forty year old man’s face. His outer shell had changed, but for a spirit like her, it was the soul that she saw. And Yuu would always be Yuu. She couldn’t see him as any different. “I’ve never experienced it before, but I think it’s love.”

Glancing down at the floor, Sachi drew hearts on the carpet with her finger. “I mean, I can’t do for him what his wife does for him.” Sachi had blocked her ears and covered her eyes whenever she saw Mizuka head into his room. She couldn’t understand why Yuu seemed to like doing that with Mizuka. It sounded horribly painful. Not that she could anyway since she couldn’t touch him. But listening to it always made her chest hurt and Sachi knew better than to let herself turn into a phantom. “But that doesn’t make my feelings any less real.”

Sachi looked back at Azani, wondering if the girl goddess understood her description. Do gods even get feelings like that? Sachi couldn’t imagine Jizo reacting like that to anyone. And all the other gods in Heaven just seemed so…prim.

“...Have you ever felt anything like that before?” A question full of innocent curiosity directed to the goddess while the storm outside petered away. If the goddess wanted to name her should would. And if she didn't want to, she wouldn't. It wasn't anything Sachi could control. Not her feelings, nor her name.

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Nagi
Kyoto, Japan, City Streets

Nagi breathed a sigh of relief when Heaven’s second wave of gods finally arrived to join the battle. It had been too long since Nagi last picked up a weapon and he was already beginning to feel the drain of using too many spells. How long had it been? How many phantoms had they killed? Nagi hadn’t counted. Perhaps Kaname did. Nagi was curious whether the boy would give an honest assessment of his quantifiable work results or fib a bit to get a better pay. Not that it really mattered either way. Nagi had only told the boy to keep count so that he would remain focused on the phantoms rather than let his mind wander.

Nagi was the one holding the gun, but Kaname was the one who determined the power of his bullets…and who or what got shot. How much damage was done to physical world. The speed of his bullets. Regalias weren’t just normal tools. They were living tools, and their mental state determined their effectiveness. Nagi had doubted that a bullet would even come out if the boy adamantly refused to kill a phantom.

Firing one last shot at a phantom that appeared behind one of the gods defending the eastern front, Nagi raised his eyes towards the sky where Heaven’s entourage descended from the clouds to save the day—lighting the sky in a brilliant display of fireworks. To be honest, he didn’t recognize many of the ones that showed up. However, the sight of familiar red hair blowing in the wind did catch his eye. One of the eldest Shinto gods, carrying his signature windbag, which he tied to a stick. A man who’s been a mentor-figure to Nagi since he’d arrived at Japan.

anime-boy-redhead-long-hair-shoujo-braid-anime-16506-resized.jpg

Fujin must’ve noticed him as well, since the God of the Wind instantly swooped down to where Nagi was. Where he walked, the winds seemed to calm. “Nagi! How long has it been~? I didn’t expect to see you out here—and in the front lines no less~ You don’t usually join battles like these.”

Nagi shrugged. “The Heavens asked for my help.”

“And since when have you listened to the Heavens?” Fujin questioned amusedly. “I haven’t seen you at any of the Gods’ conferences since you’ve left Takama-ga-hara all those years ago to vacation in the near shore. It’s just as well, I suppose~All those old fogies talk about these days are those Celestial Rites thingies. It’s enough to bore a god to tears.”

Celestial Rites? Nagi opened his mouth to ask Fujin what that meant, when golden eyes landed on the gun in Nagi’s hand.

“Ohoho~And who’s this~? Did you pick up a new one when I wasn’t looking?”

Nagi sighed. Fujin had always been a little bit difficult to keep up with. Though the storm was pretty much over so it was probably alright. “Revert, Kana.” Hopefully Kaname reacted better to Fujin than he did to Hasuna. Angering a mother goddess was one thing. Angering the God that coined the term ‘kamikaze’ was another. Not that Nagi looked forward to a fight with either of them. He supposed he was fortunate Ryuujin wasn’t anywhere near. That particular god was fairly volatile. “This is Kana, as a vessel, Kinki. His given name is Kaname.” Nagi paused as he tried to think about how to introduce Fuujin. The boy didn’t seem to recognize the name when it was mentioned, which meant he wasn’t too familiar with even some of the older and more ancient Shinto gods. “Kaname-kun, this god is…like a father to me, I guess. He goes by many names--Futen, Vayu, Boreas--though in Japan he is more often known as Fuujin, the Wind God.”

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Azani

It was love that went without doubt but for a soul to love a human to stay by them through the years that was not good. Still Sachi had managed to stay uncorrupted for the time but that could not last the human Yuu was not going to last the time Sachi might hope maybe another 30 or 40 years likely less after today. Sachi needed to say goodbye and cut the connection between them for table sake of both their souls.

"It is love" She though her tone indicated this was not good "You have managed to hold on this long without corruption but the time will come when he will die are you ready for that day?" She asked it was this desire to hold on that would worry her.

In truth Azani had never really felt anything like that she was a creature born from malice and granted godhood out of fear it never seemed in her nature to love. Though perhaps she had been wrong Ai had pointed out a few positives of her existence so perhaps she could feel love. Still today was not the day for love and Sachi would likely only scare and confuse Yuu if she just showed up a forgotten friend.

Azani shook her head "I am a Shinigami my place is not filled with love and my coming brings only separation " she admitted though she tried to let people die happy over being sad. "I have never known love and am unlikely to ever fell it but I do know of desire and obsession" she continued thinking up a plan

"Listen I am surprised you have managed this but when you can speak to him he won't know you " Azani explained "But I can restore such memories and connections but you have to promise me you will say your goodbyes and accept watching over him from a distance" Azani said putting another deal on the table if only because she felt not getting to say goodbye was the worst.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

s3CuzOr.jpg

Kimi/Yuri Kaneda
Outside Safehouse, Limbo

Kimi was about to defend herself for not knowing that the lady was a goddess. How would she have known in the first place? She's not seen one and everyone who she's interacted with was a spirit as well. But she bit back her tongue as Kokoro got up, explaining the situation as best she can. Her brows furrowed, she didn't need any more to guess what had happened to the others. She was angry... at everything, at the damn phantom-- no, she blamed herself for not being here.

But what could she have done? She felt weak... and scared. She would have been eaten like a second helping of dessert. Her emotions overflowed; tears pricked Kimi's eyes and threatened to spill. Her eyes fell to the rubbles, hair covering her face. "Fu**! Damn it all!" She cursed, her fists clenched and unclenched at her sides. Her whole body felt tense, and she knew that she needed to calm down before corruption takes over.

Kimi breathed in deeply through her nose and held it for a moment before she let out a shaky breath through her lips. She rubbed her eyes before the salty tears fell with such force that it left small red marks. She heard what the goddess had said about Kokoro and her. Wait-- her eyes flickered between Hasuna and Kokoro..za. Her mouth fell slightly, shocked that she was claimed. She shook her head, it didn't matter. At least she's safe now. She'll ask about it another time.

"Thanks.. Lady Hasuna... for saving her," Kimi's purple eyes couldn't meet the goddess' ones as she tried to portray her gratitude, as reluctant as it may seem. She stepped next to Kokoro and held her hand, giving it a light squeeze. "If you promise to teach and train me to be stronger so that I can help others and slay those bastards. I will accept you as my goddess." She forced herself to meet Hasuna's eyes, daring to strike a deal with a god.

Ian Temero Ian Temero MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

1520309921576.png

Kokoro
Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

A hand slipped into hers and Kokoro looked down at it and then up to its owner and somehow, dispite everything she had just been through, managed a small smile and returned the squeeze. "Welp, looks like we're a pakage deal." she told Hasuna as she gave Kimi's hand a tug, pulling her closer so they were shoulder-to-shoulder. The last surviving of her friends, a light in the darkness, the young woman standing next had become an anchor keeping Kokoro from drifting off into dispair; a life line that she was never going to let go of again. "Take it or leave it, your highness, cause I'm not going anywhere without her."

Interactions: MrThe MrThe RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

Sachi
Inside Yuu's House, Bedroom

A Death God.

Sachi was quiet while Azani made her offer, simply observing the death goddess. The corpse that had fallen on Yuu now made sense. Azani had been doing her job. While the spirit admitted to being a little frightened of the being that could send her straight to the afterlife, a part of her was curious as well. She’d never seen a Death God up close before. Azani was much nicer than what Sachi expected of Death Gods.

“You’re very kind,” Sachi started before averting her eyes. “But I don’t want that. If I were to leave Yuu and never make contact again, then I don’t want him to remember. It would making parting too hard. Too painful. Besides…I told you I can’t leave him, didn’t I? I mean it. I really, really can’t.”

Lifting the long chain between her and Yuu with two small hands, the spirit demonstrated by trying to pull the chain apart with little success. The spirit formerly named Sachi sighed in frustration as she stared at the chain. “Maybe you’re right and this is obsession tying me to Yuu. I don’t know. It wasn’t there when I first met him or fell in love with him. I have no idea when it formed. I wasn’t even aware it existed until I tried to leave him and realized I couldn’t. That was 15 years ago, when he married Mizuka. Since then, I’ve been stuck here.”

Letting go of the chain, the spirit rocked on her heels. “It’s been horrible, you know. I can’t go where I want. I can’t talk to anyone. I've been so lonely..." Which would explain why she was so talkative to a god she barely knew. " If he died maybe the chain would dissolve and I would be free…”

Suddenly remembering that she was speaking with a Death Goddess, the spirits eyes widened and she quickly moved between Azani and Yuu. “No, I didn’t mean it! Please don’t kill Yuu! I-I just…” Shaking her head, Sachi continued morosely. “I don’t know what I want. I have no idea what will happen when this chain breaks, and I’m scared, but I know I can’t him leave until it breaks. I can’t break it on my own. I’ve tried. So many times I’ve tried…” Meeting Azani’s eyes the spirit spoke frankly. “If you’re a goddess that brings separation then you’re just what I need, Azani. Please separate me from this chain. I’ll serve you afterward. I said I would in return for saving Yuu anyway.”

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Azani

Azani listened and she knew there would be issues with the chain though of course that wasn't a real chain it was a manifestation of their connection though Azani had never seen a spirit so tied to it or to a living person. Azani would have suspected Sachi knew Yuu before her death but that was not possible it was just so odd, if Yuu died perhaps it would be cut perhaps it would not but still the risk was there. She could think of only one solution and Sachi knew it before she spoke it, Azani would shatter the chain with a name and a command.

" To be honest i had thought you spoke metaphorically never have i seen such a chain, or one that so bound a spirit" Azani explained " Still i have heard your wish and i shall grant it" She finished

" Thou with nowhere to go and nowhere to return I shall grant you a place to belong My name is Azani" She said starting the naming ritual " Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name i make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, i use my life to make thee a divine instrument. Thou art Sachi As divine instrument Kotowaru. Come!" She said holding out her hand to see what Sachi would become and she woudl use this to destroy the chain.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
38aea02dc029dafdced1d15d81d08b90--good-mother-anime-pregnant.jpg
Then it is decided.Thou with nowhere to go and nowhere to return I shall grant you a place to belong. My name is Hasuna, bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a divine instrument. Thou art Kimi As divine instrument Kunki. Come, Kunki!

Last edited:
4e2954342598619b85b1728b99fdf298.jpg

Kaname
Kyoto, City Streets

Finally free of the void, Kana stretched his arms above his head. It felt good to have legs again. He looked over Fujin as Nagi introduced them, but neither his appearance nor his windbag jogged any memories. Kana's attention drifted, and he watched the other gods as they cleared the last of the storm. He wasn't impressed. He might be if they were here earlier, but looking at them only made him think that it was about time they arrived.

He was brought back to Nagi and Fujin's conversation when he heard the other god's name. Now that rang a bell.
"Fujin, huh?" Kana glanced over the red-haired god again, putting his hands in his pockets. "Nagi mentioned you earlier. Something about being better at spells, I think." At least he had been right about thinking he was a wind god. Kana caught the part about Fujin being like a father to Nagi, but the significance was lost on him. For one, so what? Secondly, he couldn't really gauge his age on that. He didn't even know how old Nagi was.

"So, are we done here?"

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back