• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom NORAGAMI: Celestial Rites -- a romance driven roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
s3CuzOr.jpg

Kimi/Yuri Kaneda
City Streets
"You fuckin' idi- Eurgh!" Kimi cussed as she saw Kokoro running head first towards the phantom with no plan. Though a flash of admiration crossed her features when she saw the girl punched it right in the face. A string of curses left her lips as she heaved the backpack to the now abandoned spirit. She poured a bottle of holy water around the area and on the spirit itself. It was a small black puff with beady eyes, still trembling in fear. Kimi had to resist the urge to pick it up and cuddle it as it looked absolutely soft and adorable. Instead she quickly reassured it, "It's ok. You're safe now. Just stay right here." She left the bottles of holy water on the floor and stood up, thinking of her next line of actions.

She saw the phantom giving chase and decided to go look for help. She'll be no help just by herself. There had to be a god around and hopefully she'll find one in time to save Kokoro. Kimi started running as fast as she could in the opposite direction, quickly arriving at an entrance of what seemed like a shrine? She didn't know what it was, the walls were white and had less wooden pillars but it had the similar thatched roof shape. It had no bells or offering boxes and instead had doors and windows. Temple, shrine- whatever it was, Kimi bet her guts that this place was not empty. Panting slightly, and pretty desperate she cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted, "Is anyone here! I need help!" If her gut feeling was right, anything but a human was here. Hoping it was not another phantom, she waited a few more moments for a reply. Her eyes darting around looking for any sign of movement. Then on the upper floors, she saw man sitting on a window sill. "Hey! You! If you're a god, you have to help me!" She demanded, Kimi waved her arms in the air in hopes of getting his attention. If he was human, he wouldn't hear her cries let alone see her desperate attempt. The wind picked up its pace, the storm drawing closer to them.

Ian Temero Ian Temero Jean Otus Jean Otus

coded by e d e n

N.(Pok%C3%A9mon).full.943067.jpg

Nagi
City Streets

Yep. That’s how he greets people. Why am I not surprised? You sure you want this, Lord Nagi?

Ignoring Hiname, Nagi smiled at the unclaimed spirit that eyed his necklace curiously, lifting up the box of donuts at Hon’s inquiry. It was funny to him how Hon and Hiname couldn’t seem to get along even though they seemed oddly similar at times. “I came to offer you an apology on behalf of myself and my regalia. It wasn’t my intention to have you feel insulted when I invited you in, but it’s my fault for spoiling her. She tends to be very frank with her thoughts.

Hey, that’s mine!

It’s a box of donuts, Hiname-chan. Nagi mentally cajoled. I’ll buy you another one when we return to the coffee shop tomorrow.

Besides, judging from the way Nagi had seen Hon devour the bagel, the spirit must have been starving. “There’s also another reason I’ve come for you.”

This hadn’t been how he wanted to name a regalia. Nagi wanted to take his time. To get to know a spirit before placing a name upon them—to let Hon in on the afterlife he would lead if he joined Nagi. A life of constant travel with stormy seas, barren desserts, and dark caves as his home. There was no nook of the near shore that Nagi didn’t want to explore and a regalia who wanted to be used would have to go with him on all his whimsical adventures. Tricking Hon into a life he might hate wasn’t something Nagi wanted to do. Nor was Nagi the type to bind others against their will if that were the case. Yet there was no denying that the winds were being tainted by malice either.

You don’t love your regalias. NoNe of them.

Sacrificed their lives to save HuMaNs.

You deserve to DIE. DIE. DIE.

SMELLS NICE.

To think the phantoms had grown arrogant enough to try and corrupt a god. Nagi didn’t look away from Hon. “Hina.”

“Border…Line! Fingers in the shape of a halberd drew a line separating them from a several large, spider-like phantoms that crawled out a nearby ally. “Finish this quickly please.”

Nagi didn’t like fighting. He hadn’t picked up another regalia the death of his previous ones. The pain had been too much. It was his selfishness that caused them to break. He’d known he hadn’t stood a chance against the enraged Ryuujin. Yet he fought anyway, and the result was the death of the ones who tried to protect him. Nagi wasn’t eager to just pick up more and repeat the cycle.

Yet, by choosing not to pick up a weapon, he placed all the burden on Hiname when danger arose. He forced her, who was not a battle vessel, to fight alone. He wouldn’t be able to protect the things he wanted protected. At the end of the day, he was still selfish.

“The humans in this city are in danger and I want to help, but I am unable to do it with just Hiname so…" The sight of Hiname struggling to maintain her borderline against the growing number of phantoms that were pounding against the barrier urged Nagi forward. Besides, he hadn't lied when he said Hon interested him. Seemed to want to work. Sarcastic in his words, yet honest in his actions. He was very human. "Won’t you become my regalia?”

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
1518920170559.png

Kokoro
Kyoto City Streets

If you were to ask Kokoro how she felt about her unlife so far, she would have to put the afterlife pretty low on her list of favorite vacation spots. The constant struggle to survive in world where the only things that knew you were around wanted to eat you was a pretty big turn off. If there was one thing that she couldn't complain about however, it was her now enhanced strength and agility. Apparently no longer having a physical body meant that the laws of physics had a looser hold on you or something, though other spirits didn't seem to realize it even when she tried to teach them. Kokoro figured it was probably a self-limitation kind of thing, because they remember always being bound by physics they just can't except that they were now free from it. Seligman's Learned Helplessness if she remembered her psychology lessons correctly.

The dead end alley barely slowed Kokoro down as she threw herself at one of the side walls. Running up it a few steps she pushed off and started climbing, using AC units and pipes, and reached the roofs in a matter of seconds. She took half a second to look around and make sure the coast was clear before pulling herself all the way up. Normally she would never have set foot up here, having seen one too many flying phantoms for comfort, but having to chose between that and evil-Speedy-Gonzales? She would take the risk. Speaking off...

She poked her head over the edge of the building. "Please tell me that thing can't-" she started to say, but was cut short as the creature leaped halfway up the wall, dug its claws into the brick, and began to scale. She reeled back. "Oh fuck! It can..." Then did a double take. "...climb?" To say it was climbing was probably giving it too much credit. It was crawling; those same legs that made it run fast not being able to fight gravity. Oh yeah, there was no way Kokoro could resist getting a dig in.

"Hey fatass!" Kokoro called down to it, sticking her tongue out and making a face at it. "You best lay off those twinkies! You'll never catch me at this rate" Whether the Phantom was pissed off by what she said, that she was taunting it in general, that it hadn't caught her yet, or just plain pissed off, it opened its mouth and roared at her and Kokoro, not being able to pass up the opportunity, poured the rest of her bottle strait down the back of its throat.

The Ayakashi's reaction was almost like something out of a cartoon. It sat there for a few seconds, as if trying to figure out what just happened. Every single one of its eyes bugged out and it let out a scream, steam pouring out of its mouth as it lost its grip on the wall and fell like a rock, hitting the ground with a sickening crunch. She watched for a minute as the creature lay unmoving on the ground. Had she just... killed a phantom? There was no way it was that easy, right? Then again, she had never tried to force feed one holy water before so maybe it was?

It was about this time that she noticed the woman standing at the entrance to the alley. She was staring at the phantom suggesting that she wasn't a living person, so Kokoro assumed she was another spirit. " Hey, lady!" She called out. "I doubt the fucker's dead yet so you should probably get out of here!" To test her theory, she pulled out the second bottle and poured a few drops onto the monster. It burns! the Phantom screamed, suddenly writhing in pain as the liquid hit its skin. It burns! It burns! It burns!

"Aw damn it, I hate it when they talk. It's fucking creepy!"

Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver Nico Nico

coded by e d e n

b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
The streets

It seemed the other gods would be busy with fighting, which was a good thing, and she would not be able to aid them or talk with them as in truth Azani did need a little advice from others about the wishes she got. It seemed that that not everyone understood what she had meant in her stories and now submitted some rather evil wishes and she didn't know if she should answer. Well those were questions for latter Azani just hopped the others would finish this situation off soon enough. Azani in truth had a rather picky idea for Regalia as she did not want them to be just tools, each was to be special and she dreamed of only having jut one.

As she walked by she noticed a spirit standing around, she was not running in fear as the phantoms flew about over head ready to turn any soul left out into another phantom. Azani could tell she was a claimed spirt but there was no god here, perhaps they were off doing other things, or perhaps this spirits was a nora. Azani had some reservations about claiming another spirit as in truth while she didn't care about the risks of a nora and their reputation she just didn't liek using others regalia. Still if she named and released the Nora there would be no hard feelings, she just had to make sure.

" Where is your god, the city is under attack and all are needed?" She asked coming up tot he girl, her own aura being that of a god, yet likely slightly different perhaps her nature as a phantom still tainted her essence .

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

red_velvet.png

Red Velvet
the Cafe, the Streets

The pregnant-looking kami sprang out of her seat and swept out the door faster than she had expected. Red Velvet blinked twice.

The green-haired god apologized, then promised to seek out more help. Well. Things were going better than anticipated, but she didn't let that show. Only nodded and said, "Thank you. The Heavens are grateful." And bowed out and left the cafe.

Outside, the wind was causing stray plastic bags and old cans to tumble down the streets like some game of rubbish bowling. This didn't faze the Regalia, however, and she merely continued on her circuit around the area. It seemed like she had gotten the last of the kami in the area, unless someone was cloaking their presence and didn't wish to be found. Perched on a power line, the girl surveyed the land. She could see two of the four twisters from her vantage point. One which was getting quite close. Many of the humans still living were already camped out inside, and those who weren't were hurrying to buy water bottles and stocking up on supplies.

She nodded to herself. It seemed that at least the humans would be fairly safe from the physical elements. The ayakashi on the other hand...
Velvet knew her master would not be fighting as she neglected to keep any weapon-type Regalia around. Nevertheless, some of the blessed vessels could be used offensively, just not exclusively so. As far as she knew as Lady Florentia's Exemplar and most senior Regalia, she owned a clay jar capable of holding infinite amounts of liquid, a golden bracelet that gave off a perfumed scent, a black pearl earring and a paper fan as the most prominent and useful of them all.

Red Velvet sighed.

Although she had been trying to convince her lady to find a combat-suitable spirit, Lady Florentia had ignored her pleas. At best, Velvet knew, she could only hold off ayakashi and injure them with holy water. Other kami, including the Patron of Combat, had chided her for her "frivolousness" and "impracticality." Well, it was true to some degree, but her Lady had her ways...

Karcen Karcen
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

large.jpg

Ame

City Streets 11th District(Kyoto)

Ame turned as the air around her felt pressured, it felt like that of an Ayakashi but something else shown through. Her eyes fell on a young girl her long black hair darker than night as the air stilled between them making time feel as if it had slowed in this space. The wind kicked up a bit as the streets emptied and debris rushed past the pair. The Nora stood unable to move. Finally this presence...this sense of comfort it had found her once more..this young girl was a Kami.
"Kami...."
Her thoughts escaped in a low breath as if to acknowledge the reality of the situation.
Azani's question posed towards the Nora.
" Where is your god,
the city is under attack and all are needed?"

"I..I have none, not for now at least..That is why I came to Kyoto...to find one, Kami you should not be out here alone. The Ayakashi are many and you are without a Regalia."
The Nora replied her worry instantly taking hold. The shinki could at least defend herself if a phantom struck but the Kami was more or less defenseless if it came to a fight. Then Azani's words replayed through her mind once more.
All are needed.... So it truly was that bad that even gods without regalia were being sent out into the storm. To headlong walk into danger...it was brave...no it was honorable...

Ame extended her hand toward the kami, her blue eyes brightening as she spoke.
"If you will have me...all you have to do is call my name.."
The Nora spoke her words soft and caring but their meaning full of conviction. She would serve this young god to the best of her ability even to her own death if necessary.

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Azani
The streets

Azani was in truth a bit surprise that the Reglaia, the nora had made the offer as Azani felt that few experience Regalia would desire to serve one of the gods of death, their essence being close to those they had long fought to exterminate. Still Azani did need a shinki so that she could actually aid in the fight as she wished to do, as despite having once been like those above she embraced her duty and did not wish to shirk it. Still she had always been picky she had been looking for a new spirit to name, and get to know before they even formed such a contract. It was a romantic vision of the idea but she needed to know the spirit, but times were grim and she needed the help.

" We shall work together for this situation and you can be released if you like" Azani said feeling it only right to tell the Nora it was her choice to stay or go after this she would not be kept Against her will. in truth if a spirit left her service she beilived she would release them once a new master was found and her protection no longer needed, again a bit romantic but she was young.

" Thou with nowhere to go and nowhere to return I shall grant you a place to belong My name is Azani" she started not knowing if the full ritual was needed but doing it anyways " Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name i make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, i use my life to make thee a divine instrument. Thou art AI As divine instrument Sutekina kaisen. Come!" She said making the names up rather fast as she held her hand out for the spirit the short name appearing on her already name covered body.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Ookami-Cosplay-Kakushi-Kushinada-Nemuru-Weapons-Scythe.jpg

Ame

The Nora simply nodded in reply as Azani told her that she did not want to force her hand. As the ritual began the Kanji symbol formed from thin air and light as it appeared in front of her before shrinking down and placing itself upon her inner left wrist 愛 it embedded itself with a faded greyish light before the kami's ceremony sent wind rushing around the pair the brand intensifying as the girls body was enveloped in the essence becoming it herself, Swirling around into a spiraling ring.
The ring shot forth riding up Azani's arm across her shoulder and tightening snugly around her neck. The beads resting in place only briefly before her second name was called the necklace burned brightly moving down to the girls hands before resting into the Regalia's final form...a weapon suitable for a god of death.
Ai now rested in the inner plane that was her vessel form. It was relatively dark but for the faint glow in front of her. She had missed this feeling this rush of euphoria as she received the power of her master.
The cool tempered steel of the scythe reverberating as her thoughts spoke to Azani.
"It was a perfect ceremony my Kami, As is your vow i will gladly accept this task and be your instrument..may your influence bring an end to this darkness"

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Katsu Watanabe

154de879088b9c4f3635a45507ae4354--classroom-anime-guys.jpg

|| Location ||
Kyoto

The redheaded boy calmly walked, even though the sky is full of phantom clouds. He looked around the streets, noticing a bunch of familiar people. "There's Principal Ayuzawa ditching work for a date," he muttered, pointing at his loathed principal. "There's Usui, the thug I beat up," he pointed to a blonde guy, waving his cigar. The redhead turned around, and noticed a woman with bright red hair just like him. He froze, eyes widened. His eyes filled with tears. He reached out to hug her, but the woman just went through him. "Right..." Katsu whispered to himself. He looked at the woman again, who was linking arms with a man Katsu didn't recognize. He grit his teeth. "Tch. Slut."

Pretending like he didn't care, he just went along with his day, feeling a bit embarrassed. He could even feel his face flush. Sighing, he put up his hood, and looked up at the clouds. He then yelled at the top of his lungs, "COULDN'T I JUST DIE ALONG WITH THE REMAINING LOVE I HAD?!"

Frustrated, he kicked a rock real hard.

"I.. didn't choose this..." he muttered, tears burning at the back of his eyes.

Mentioned: N/A || Interacting With: Open

Azani
The streets

The death goddess nodded holding the scythe that was now her partner, she didn't not expect a weapon that was so fine from her first shinki. She didn't have much time to get used to the feeling as they had work to do, the phantoms were still coming. Azani looked up as the malformed creature floated over the sky looking for prey at last she had a way to fight them that could kill them. It would be like fighting family, but they were in the wrong and this had to be done they had to die.

" yes my cousins spread suffering they must stop" she said never able to truly separate herself from them but she was a goddess now and she would act as one.

Azani jumped soon moving from building to building building momentum as she moved a large crab like phantom with snakes emerging from its shell where its head should be snapped at the humans below it's tongue flicking as it sought the right target. Then as she rose up she saw that it had foudn a target and in the air she looked down and saw a wandering spirit. The phantom woudl of course want to corrupt a spirit and birth a new one. Still Azani could stop this and she started to speak as she reached her Zenith over the evil spirit.

" You who desecrate this land of the rising sun. With my advent , I, The goddess Azani" she chanted as she brought Ai down into the phantom and started to move down its side as she fell with it till moving cutting like a heated blade through butter. " Lay waste with she Sekki and expel thy vast defilement!" She continued as she almost cut the spirit in half " Rend" She said and even as she fell she was able to cut the spirit several more times causing it to tear apart and explode as she fell through the air.

With The phantom slain she fell through the air. Azani fell to the ground and landed before the intended target a male spirit. " You should run" She said talking to him though not directly looking at him as she rose from where she had fallen.

Emmi Emmi

coded by e d e n

Ame

As Azani looked up so to did Ai from her darkened space seeing what her kami could as the death goddess spoke she affirmed internally.
"Then let us be the ones that see it done, wield me and know true power"
The weapon replied in answer doing her best to psyche Azani up for the battle to come.
The kami maneuvered across the rooftops finally settling her eyes on a target a rather large Ayakashi not unlike the one the Nora had defended against earlier in the park. Before she even had to say anything the goddesses instincts took over as she built speed and catapulted herself into the air. Azani began the incantation and in turn from inside her vessel pocket Ai did the same as her hands clasped together as if in prayer. The curved blade of the scythe began to glow first just around the edge of the blade but as she continued the incantation it tripled in size the energy delving deep into the phantom as Azani run long it dragging Ai with her.
The end came as the regalia was thrust from the beasts flesh as both women yelled in unison
"Rend!"

Azani landed swiftly and with grace as the Nora smiled although the kami couldnt see it she would undoubtedly feel the emotion of happiness and pride swell from her companion.
As Azani turned toward the lost spirit Ai stayed silent to the boy but not to her new master.

"Be cautious...There are still phantoms nearby my Kami"

Emmi Emmi
Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

4e2954342598619b85b1728b99fdf298.jpg

Hon
City Streets

Damn him.

He was being presented with his biggest weakness. Free food. His stomach growled, and his resolve to find another god with regalia he could work with crumbled. Hon took the box and flipped it open, immediately devouring a chocolate donut. He listened, but didn't respond to Nagi's apology. It wasn't the god that had offended him, after all. If he wanted anyone to apologize to him, it was Hiname.

"You must be desperate if you came all this way to get me," he said, biting into another donut with sprinkles.

The wind was getting worse. A paper bag bounced off his ankle and he followed it down the road. The need to look for shelter before the storm hit returned full force, and he tapped his foot to distract himself from the dark patches in the sky, and the itch of nearby phantoms. He took a quick step back when the borderline appeared, and then came the phantoms. Staring at them, he knew it wouldn't hold for long. Still, he didn't immediately answer Nagi. This was exactly what he wanted, but not at all how he wanted it to happen. He wanted to feel like he had a choice in choosing the god who would wield him. But with the barrier about to break, and the slim chance he had of losing all of them without being blighted, it didn't feel like a choice. Hon knew if he ran, they would go after him instead of Nagi. Why take on a powerful god, when there was a weaker, tastier snack standing right in front of him?

Hon finished off another donut and held the box out to Nagi.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I'm not going to name myself." He tried for sarcasm.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
46a51766f46182b1bdeb21a4ea01abac.jpg

Yuuken
Kyoto City Streets

"Gotcha!" he said and he was instantly in his regalia form, now named Yuusei. The space he inhabited now was warm, he could clearly see out of his vessel, he could feel the presence of his Kami as she wielded him. It was something he hasn't really gotten used to. The storm was horrible, he had admit that. The area was covered with Phantoms. It wasn't normal for this many phantoms to be roaming around enough to make this. "The storm is getting worse milady." he said. His attention was averted to the lone spirit that was fighting a phantom. Did she just kill a phantom by herself?

A quizzical look appeared on his face at this. She clearly didn't have a Kami or else they'd be nearby. Was she a Nora? Yuusei stood in silence as he watched the event unfold, waiting for his orders. He was unsure if they could do this alone but they had to. The people needed to be protected. An eyebrow quirked when the girl approached. Did she just talk to his mistress like that? The sword started to hum as he tried to control his anger from rising. "Does she even know that she's talking to a goddess?" he grouched.

Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver
Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

superthumb-jpg.393612

Shizuya
Kyoto Streets

The instant Yuusei became the weapon she needed, Shizuya got into a combat stance.
"After we deal with this we'll assist the other Gods with the storm." Shizuya said as a response to Yuusei's comment. She assumed there were other gods here.
Shizuya prepared to dash forward and destroy the phantom. She was stopped, however, by the sudden departure of the spirit she had intended to protect. The girl had climbed onto the roof of a building and then proceeded to...
"Did she just...pour...holy water on a phantom?" Shizuya asked aloud. It was likely a comical scene; Shizuya sweatdropping in a combat stance that was no longer necessary. She was completely frozen in shock. This spirit was either incredibly stupid, incredibly brave, or just insane. Shizuya couldn't decide which.
While she stood there frozen, she registered that the spirit spoke to her, telling her to get out of there. Shizuya was offended at the manner in which the girl spoke to her, and almost shouted at her before remembering that she owed a debt to the regalia, even though they had never met. So she held her tongue.
She did respond to her regalia, however. "It would appear she doesn't." She tried to keep her voice even, but she was quite annoyed at the impertinent regalia who had the nerve to speak to her that way.
Before she had a chance to talk to the spirit, the phantom started screeching in pain. Shizuya immediately leaped into action. While making a halberd with her free hand, she chanted the spell that would allow her to destroy the already weakened phantom. It managed to get up, having had a moment to recuperate.
"This is the Land of the Rising Sun! Your desecration shall not be allowed!" She began, causing her free hand to glow softly. The phantom screeched and charged at her, looking demented. Shizuya dodged out of the way fairly easily, although she stumbled a bit. She had clearly become rusty. She continued the spell, dancing around the phantom as she did.
"Hear me! I am the goddess Shizuya! I now lay thee waste with the Yuusei, and expel thy vast defilement! I cleanse thee!" Despite having not used Rend for a long time, Shizuya remembered the spell as if it was yesterday that she had said them last.
She lifted Yuusei aloft and ran her glowing finger tips across the blade, causing the blade to glow. "Rend!" Upon that word, she easily sliced the phantom in half, effectively ending its miserable existence.
After destroying the wicked creature, Shizuya glanced up at the Unclaimed spirit with a slight smirk. "Perhaps you should get somewhere safe." Shizuya, still holding Yuusei, made her way up to the rooftop where the spirit was currently with relative ease.
"It's dangerous here." She hadn't returned Yuusei to his "human" form only because she intended to make her way to where the storm was at its worst.

Nico Nico Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

Katsu Watanabe

567fb8073eeecf95839b06ecdccbf41a--hot-anime-anime-guys.jpg

|| Location ||
Kyoto

"You who desecrate this land of the rising sun. With my advent , I, The goddess Azani" Katsu heard a female's voice. He looked up, noticing a girl--whom he's guessing is a god--chant. " Lay waste with she Sekki and expel thy vast defilement!" She continued as she almost cut the spirit in half. "Rend." She said and even as she fell she was able to cut the spirit several more times causing it to tear apart and explode as she fell through the air.

With The phantom slain she fell through the air, the goddess fell to the ground and landed before Katsu. He cringed, and stared at him. " You should run" Katsu stayed silent for a long moment, then bursted out laughing. "You? Expect me to run in fear? Of all people... me!" he laughed rudely, slapping his knee. He adjusted the knife in his belt.

What? He died wearing a knife. So what? Give him a break.

He pulled out the knife from his belt, and started to twirl it around.. to give himself a.. murderer vibe.

"I don't run away from fights. And, I believe you don't either, since you just chanted away that very ugly phantom... damn... I feel sorry for them. They'll never find a girlfriend or boyfriend," he mocked a sad face. "Anyway, I got front row seats to a show.." he sat on a bench, and crossed his legs, making himself comfortable. "Do keep fighting phantoms... this is entertaining," he let out a psychotic giggle.

"Damn... I wish I had popcorn."

His eye seems to glow a bit in amusement, and a bit psychotically. "And, judging by the 'chanting' you did, your name is Azani. Sup, Azani." He said, rudely and sharply. He used her first name instead of her last name. He then got up from the bench, and finger gunned her. "Not charmed to meetcha."

Mentioned: N/A || Interacting With: Karcen Karcen VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Nagi
City Street

In spite of himself, and his situation, Nagi found himself chuckling at Hon’s response. Even when posed with a yes or no question, the boy managed to add in a witty remark. It was somewhat endearing.

“Your consent, I guess.” He replied easily, taking the offered box of donuts. “But I’ll take your answer as a yes. Can you hold on a little bit longer, Hiname-chan?”

The noncommittal grunt from the little girl was enough.

If time wasn’t of the essence, he would’ve asked Hon what type of name he wanted. The spirit seemed very capable of choosing one for himself and Nagi wasn’t too familiar with what sort of names kids thought were ‘cool’ nowadays. Perhaps he might’ve even stuck with Hon since that was how the boy had introduced himself. However, as it stood Nagi simply started to draw the first name that came to mind.

“Oh wandering spirit with nowhere to go and nowhere to return, I grant you a place to belong. My name is Nagi. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here on this earth. With this name and it’s alternate, I use my life to make you a regalia fit to be wielded by a god. Your name is Kana. As a vessel, Kinki.”

Finishing up the character that he drew in the air, Nagi watched as the name attached itself to the spirit.

An old Japanese character meaning metal or gold. It seemed to fit the boy. Reaching out his hand, Nagi finished the ritual. “Come, Kinki!”

As soon as the pistol landed itself in Nagi’s hand, a flood of memories not his own came rushing in. A teenager whose life had ended far too short. A victim of jealousy and betrayal, just as he had found something he was beginning to enjoy. Nagi couldn’t say he hadn’t seen this sort of thing amongst humans before, but it was still saddening nonetheless. Flipping backwards into the air, away from the phantoms trying to break through Hiname’s barrier, Nagi landed delicately on a lamppost—his eyes on his targets.

There were a lot of them.

“I know you said you’ve never really worked before, Kaname-kun, but I’ll admit I’m not too experienced with using a gun either.” Seven hundred years of being a god and Nagi had never once tried wielding anything like a gun before. Though Harume did shoot feathers from her wings, so Nagi wasn’t terrible at aiming, the two weapons were vastly different in how they were used. And it was mostly Harume doing the work anyway. Nag wasn’t a combat-oriented god, blessed with the innate ability to fight. So while he did learn to fight through many years of protecting the roads against phantoms—gun training had never been something he’d gotten much practice in.

Well, there’s no time like the present. At least Kinki was a weapon.

Nagi pointed his new regalia at the phantoms behind Hiname’s barrier. “So I’ll be counting on you to help me out~ Your job is take aim, focus on the targets I point to, and not hesitate no matter the opponent or their numbers. Keep in mind that I made you a regalia whose bullets are capable of banishing evil. None of these guys should be a match for you.” Pep talk finished, because he really couldn’t have Kaname wavering on him given the size of the storm, Kaname's lack of experience, and Nagi’s own lack of experience with guns, the God of Travel only gave a single warning. “Ready? Come, Juki!”

Instantly, Juki returned to its place around Nagi’s neck. And with her return to vessel form, the barrier—that she’d been barely holding up—dropped, allowing the horde of phantoms through. Again and again, Nagi pulled the trigger.

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Azani
The streets

This was one rude spirit, it was almost a surprise he wasn't a phantom yet, in fact this explained why the one she had seen came right for him. Azani looked around and already there were 5 more Phantoms appearing. There was no way a spirit like this would be safe and while she could just leave him to become a phantom, that was a fate that she should not wish on anyone, this spirit likely didn't know what was going on. The way he spoke , or what he said made it seem to Azani that he didn't know what phantoms were about. She knew more phantoms would come and the spirit had no protection she was a goddess she had a duty to protect wandering spirits and she already had one temp regalia what was twp.

" The Phantoms sought you lost soul so that you might become one of them" she explained "They will tear you apart and your soul will dark till you curse all that live and all that are dead , lost in suffer and hate" She said and one could tell she spoke from experience. " If you truly wish to not run from a fight then become my regalia for this one fight, otherwise you will be hunted by the phantoms you will join" She said holding her hand out to see if he was willing to join her or if he would reject the off.

Emmi Emmi

coded by e d e n

Katsu Watanabe

karma_by_aoririhito-d9lfdwt.jpg

|| Location ||
Kyoto

"The Phantoms sought you lost soul so that you might become one of them" The goddess "Azani" explained to Katsu. He raised his eyebrow, curious. "They will tear you apart and your soul will dark till you curse all that live and all that are dead , lost in suffer and hate" She said.

Bitch, I was lost in suffer and hate the moment I was born, Katsu thought, a bit amused.

"If you truly wish to not run from a fight then become my regalia for this one fight, otherwise you will be hunted by the phantoms you will join" She said holding her hand out. Katsu stared at the hand for a long moment.

This could either ruin my life... he grinned to himself. Or make it a thousand times better! "Yeah, sure, Azani." He whistled, and looked back at the phantoms. "OI, KIDS, YOU'RE GONNA REGRET GLARING AT ME, FOR MY NAME ITSELF MEANS VICTORYYYYYY!!!!" he yelled, mischievously. He then took Azani's hand, nodding.

"Yeah, sure. I'll become your regalia, or whatever the fuck that is."
Mentioned: N/A || Interacting With: Karcen Karcen VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Ame

Ai stayed silent as the kami and the unclaimed spirit exchanged words well silent meaning only to the boy as he would be unable to hear her from her vessel state.
He....he was...insufferable..
Not only was he attracting Ayakashi like children to warm beef ramyeon on a cold day. He was practically gloating about things he knew nothing about.
If he stayed on this path he would become one himself as Azani stated.
And if he did indeed become her regalia as well....he could blight her.
"Are you sure about this..?"
she began to object but stilled herself deciding against angering the goddess.
Ai instead took the time to acknowledge the potential threats that were beginning to pool around the kami and shinki...
Whatever they were going to do it needed to be done quickly.
"Kami behind us, dodge to the right....Now!"
Emmi Emmi
Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Azani
The streets

" It is just for a little so he won't become another enemy " Azani replied to Ai speaking in her head just as she heard her Regalia's voice she could feel what Ai felt in her disliek of the boy and the worry, but still better a friend that a foe.

Still she had hopped for more time as she rolled out of the way of an attack Phantom thanks to Ai's warning her head was not removed, but this was not the best time for the ritual. Still it would have to do she needed to name him now before the phantoms attacked him and converted him.

"Thou with nowhere to go and nowhere to return I shall grant you a place to belong My name is Azani" she started having to block blows from the phantom that was the closet to her drawing the symbols when she could as she moved. " Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here." She continued slashing off a claw from the phantom tat kept coming "With this name i make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, i use my life to make thee a divine instrument." She said as a stinger actually hit her arm that if she was not helping the spirit she could have easily moved. "Thou art Kae de As divine instrument Shōri no honō. Come!" She finished her hand held out to receive what this boy would become.

Emmi Emmi

coded by e d e n

1519085163170.png

Kokoro
Kyoto City Streets

When the woman rushed the beast Kokoro panicked. "The hell are you-?!" Anything else she was saying or feeling died when slashed through the Phantom, the creature vanishing in a flash of light. Kokoro's face went pale as she realized what she had just seen. The woman had just killed a Phantom, something only gods were supposed to be able to do. That meant... "Oh fuck!"

How exactly was one supposed to react to meeting a goddess for the first time? Hell, how was one supposed to react to meeting a goddess any number of times? Still Kokoro would have imagined such a meeting to have been impressive, beyond imagination. But this? This was... unimpressive. Sure she had just killed a creature that no one else could, but there had been no parting of the heavens, no pillars of light, no chorus of angels (though that was mostly a christian thing). She had just walked in like a normal person. As far as first impressions went, this had been.. unimpressive.

When the Kami hopped up onto the roof with her and warned her of the danger, Kokoro finally decided how to feel about this meeting. Annoyed. How was it that the first time the gods decided to show their faces to her, that it was just to point out the obvious? "No shit it's dangerous!" she snapped, "You think I was playing tag with a monster for fun?" Then she remembered why she had been play such a dangerous game in the first place. "Oh fuck! Kimi!"

Pushing past the goddess, Kokoro hopped off the roof and raced back out to the main street. The girl was nowhere to be found, the only evidence that she had been there at all being the discarded bottles and the ring of water surrounding a small ball of fluff. Since there were no other phantoms around she assumed the newest member of her "family" had run off to get help, wherever the hell she thought she was going to find that. Still the little circle around the spirit impressed her a little. "Don't remember teaching her to do this. Smart girl."

Interaction: Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver Nico Nico
Mention: RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

Akumu.jpg

Akumu & Yoru
In the midst of one of the smaller storms
"Rend!" The now masked deity shouted out the last part to the chant that would dispel the Phantom he was engaged with. His hands were tightly gripping onto his blessed Regalia, Reiki, a kusarigama. He looked around and saw that the number of Phantoms were few. "There are far too few Phantoms here. Maybe the storm has broken apart?" Yoru offered his opinion in his master's mind. Just as Akumu was about to agree his cellular device began ringing. Despite the few Phantoms that were lingering around, Akumu pulled out the small device and clicked the 'answer' button knowing who was on the other end.

"So it appears as though the storm has fallen apart into smaller storms. There are even warnings being issued to humans. I decided to check around the city to see what activities have been occurring. It appears as though the gods are finally coming to their senses and are pursuing to claim wandering spirits. Which has moved our plan into harder territory. Since it appears that some gods are moving into an action phase we'll have to lie low this time. But we can have a little fun with this."
"How so?"
"There are some tough-looking Phantoms closer to the origin of the original storm. I say that you discus toss them to some of the lower gods."
"What is this discus toss you speak of Rin?"
"It's a sport that is more popular in the west. Anyways, what I mean is that you can toss some of those aggressive-looking Phantoms their way. You should be able to manage it with Reiki." Akumu smiled at this point once he understood what Rin was describing, "Yes that should be manageable. I shall get to it then." With a tap onto the screen the deity ended their conversation and moved onto his fun. First Akumu dealt with the remaining Phantoms around him with a few, large swips from Reiki then moved on to the original location of the storm.

Once he reached the edge of the storm he spotted some of the Phantoms Rin spoke of. They were quite larger than the other Phantoms crawling around them. It would take a lot of effort, but Akumu knew he was capable of flinging some Phantoms, he just needed the right momentum. "Ready my friend?"
The god didn't need a verbal answer since he felt the weapon in his hands vibrate slightly. Bringing his mask down to cover his face, Akumu jumped down from his safe spot and landed right next to a large, amphibious appearing Phantom.

Immediately is tried to jab out its tongue towards Akumu, but the deity was able to neatly dodge the oncoming attack and threw back his own. Akumu flung one end of his kusarigama towards the Phantom, neatly slamming it in the face. The ugly creature cried out, alerting others of a threat. Seeing and feeling the eyes of other Phantoms on him Akumu knew he needed to act quick. He brought both handles of the weapon close to him and whipped the chain that connected the handles together. The chains soared up into a neat loop that wrapped around the head of a Phantom. Once the chain was secured around its neck Akumu tightened the loop to where it couldn't break free. Now that he had the creature secured in his grip, all he needed to do was get it flying.

Phantoms were advancing towards Akumu at this point, but what they weren't expecting was being slammed away by one of their own kind. The masked deity had managed to start swinging the Phantom in circles around him. He stood in one spot as his swung the creature around. Akumu continued to spin it faster and faster until he felt that the momentum was right. Once he felt that the speed was right Akumu released his grip on one of the handles, which loosened the chain around the Phantom and sent it flying off. Where he sent it, Akumu was not all too sure. But he didn't care since it meant that it would cause chaos elsewhere. For that particular amphibious-appearing Phantom it landed close to a certain green-haired deity ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ).

Akumu repeated the same technique with a few other larger Phantoms. A round shaped Phantom with multiple appendages was sent in the direction of a long-dark haired deity ( Karcen Karcen ), a furry coated Phantom with multiple heads to a blonde deity ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver ), and an inorganic shaped Phantom that seemed to have a large head and long tail to a smaller deity ( MrThe MrThe ). With a few of the larger Phantoms gone, Akumu was left to deal with smaller Phantoms.

coded by e d e n

H1193-L113822868.jpg

Kana
City Streets

It was only when Kana landed in Nagi's hand that he realized that he'd never been wielded by a god before. Tenjin had turned him straight into a human, skipping seeing what kind of weapon he was entirely. Benzaiten had named him on her way back to Heaven after exorcising a phantom possessing someone near her shrine, and while he might have been useful to her before the battle, he wasn't after. Being in a void where he could see and hear but couldn't move was weird. He considered his new name, and decided he could live with Kaname. Not that he had much of a choice, but still.

"I get it." Kana grumbled from the void because while he may not have ever been a weapon, he knew how they worked. "And I won't hesitate. Let's get started already!" He didn't need the pep talk. It was either kill them or die, and for all his mental jokes about it, Kana didn't want to die again. He might be inexperienced, but he was determined to stay alive.

Kana might have missed if they were smaller targets, but with giant phantoms leaping towards him he was guaranteed to hit something. He hit the back of a spider phantom as he got the hang of his new form, while at the same time wondering how a god could be so bad at aiming. Nagi said he was inexperienced, sure, but he was still a god. Couldn't he use wind to help or something? A bullet caught another phantom with too many legs in the forehead and came out the other end of its body. He was already taking care of the others as it exploded. Kana looked up when he saw a shadow, and saw a frog-shaped phantom flying towards them.

"Move!"

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Nagi
City Streets

Nagi averaged about two bullets per phantom—a rate that improved with Kaname’s support. It wasn’t too bad if one were to consider the fact that it was the Travel God’s first time wielding a gun, but the he clearly wasn’t a genius marksman either. Truthfully, Nagi was beginning to enjoy himself as he continued to open fire at the phantoms. Trying new things. Doing things he’d never done before. It was what Nagi liked about wandering the near shore. Perhaps he’d stop by a human shooting range once the chaos was done and practice a bit more since his newest regalia was a pistol. They say practice made perfect after all and, as a god, Nagi had all time in the world to try and master new art.

Humming to himself, Nagi nonetheless heard Kaname’s warning and immediately leapt back, the wind lifting him a decent bit further than what would be his normal jumping capacity. A good thing too. The amphibious phantom that crashed into the lamppost (and the other phantoms) was probably three to four houses in size.

Feet landing softly on the pavement, Nagi blinked up at giant frog that fell from the sky. It wasn’t unusual to see a phantom—especially a frog one—jump its prey. However, Nagi didn’t imagine the creature would lose its balance if that were the case.

Are you alright, Lord Nagi?

“Yes,I’m fine, Hiname-chan. Good eyes, Kaname-kun.”

If there were things he appreciated about Kaname so far, it was that the boy was quick to pick things up. Didn’t balk in the face of hard work or adversity either. Confidence was a good trait for a weapon to have. It gave his bullets strength.

Nagi pointed Kinki at the giant mass of negative emotions and fired. No chance of him missing such a large target.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Uh, Lord Nagi…? I don’t think you’re doing anything but getting the big guy’s attention…

“Hmmm, tough hide...” Nagi said thoughtfully as the frog-phantom regained its footing, it’s large eyes locking onto him. “Looks like I may have to use a chant to dispel it.”

The phantom’s tongue darted out like a pink lance, before lashing rapidly like a whip. Left. Right. Left. Right. Nagi might not be exceptionally great at aiming, but if there was one thing he was proud of it was his speed. And his ability to dodge phantoms. It was what he’d been mainly doing while he didn’t have a weapon, after all.

“Are you familiar with a God’s chants, Kaname-kun?” Nagi asked while he weaved around the phantom’s attacks. It was clear from the boy’s demeanor that his newest regalia was the impatient type. Eager to get things done. Nagi was the opposite. He liked to be thorough—to take his time and smell the roses. In this case though, he was simply taking his time to show Kaname the ropes of his new job since they’d never gotten to the interview portion during the coffee shop talk and Nagi had no idea what the other Gods might’ve already taught the boy. Heck, he’d never even gotten the chance to bring up the topic of jobs before Hasuna showed up…and, given that Kaname was just recently named, Nagi knew he was asking quite a bit from the boy. The least he could do was explain things to him. “They are spells used by Gods to perform various functions of their duties. As a wind diety, I know spells that force wind spirits to do my bidding—though Fuujin is more well-versed in such spells than I. The one I plan to use against Mr. Frog is one I often used to clean the roads of phantoms. It’ll empower you for one attack. One shot, in your case. We just need to make sure we don’t miss the target.”

Not that it would be very easy to miss.

Side-stepping a straight shot of the frog phantom’s tongue, Nagi stomped hard on the sensitive appendage as it reached the earth, briefly paralyzing the phantom before stepping on the extended tongue and running along the fleshy path. Nagi’s eyes narrowed in determination as he chanted the words he hadn’t uttered since Harume’s passing, wind gathering around his regalia as he did so. “You who blemish the roads that Travelers both near and far walk, this is the Land of the Rising Sun. Your defilement shall not be allowed. Hear me! I am the god Nagi. With this Kinki, I shall cleanse all impurities.”

Reaching the frog’s face, he jammed Kinki between its eyes.Purge.

Bang!

With that, the giant frog exploded. Nagi sighed as he landed deftly on the ground. To think, war gods fought like this on a daily basis. “I’d like to say we’re done for the day, but the winds are still crying.” Nagi turned to face the direction of the closest twister approaching the city and ran. Tainted by the phantoms to turn violent, their misery wouldn’t end until the phantoms were cleared. He also promised Red Velvet that he would help the other gods. Interestingly, it was the same direction that Mr. Frog came flying from. Leaping along rooftops, thanks to the aid of the wind, Nagi shot down the phantoms that crossed his path.

He was getting a little better at least.

“By the way, good job back there, Kaname-kun. For your first time, that wasn’t bad.”

S n o w S n o w
Life. Life.

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
wallhaven-423918-jpg.393278

Shizuya
Kyoto Rooftop

As the awful unclaimed spirit disrespected her, Shizuya's eyes narrowed. It looked like she was tempted to condemn her to a much harsher fate than she was owed as a regalia, but she stopped herself. Even though this regalia was disrespectful, Shizuya couldn't bring herself to ruin this girl's second chance. No matter how vengeful she considered herself, because she was vengeful, she couldn't destroy this girl's unlife by condemning her to a godless existence.
As the girl tore off, Shizuya made a move to run after her. She wanted to offer the girl the same protection she offered every unclaimed regalia. Unfortunately a multiple headed, furry phantom suddenly landed on the rooftop, effectively drawing her attention.
Luckily it landed on its back, giving Shizuya a moment to call out to the unclaimed Regalia. Her voice rang out as though carried by the wind, where it would find the unclaimed regalia's ears. Prophecies, created by Shizuya or predestined by forces out of her control, would always find their way to the person she wanted to hear them. This was a perfect example of her interfering with someone else's fate. She wasn't doing it out of maliciousness, she was just trying to give the girl a nudge in the right direction.
"Godless Regalias shall always fall." As Shizuya delivered her prophecy, her hair slowly became silver and her eyes started to glow, although their color remained blue.
"You who are surrounded by storms shall experience the destructive hand of corruption should you forsake the divine intervention that shall come your way."
As soon as she was done speaking, the phantom lunged at her, giving her barely enough time to dodge out of the way. Had she been a less experienced God, it would have grabbed her. Luckily she was proficient in combat due to years of fighting a war god, although she hadn't fought in almost 3 years. She turned to face the phantom, her hair remaining silver, as if she was still acting as the Goddess of Fate.
Nico Nico Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back