• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom NORAGAMI: Celestial Rites -- a romance driven roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hibiya-Amamiya-neko-tohka-37023614-100-100.png

Yuuken
Takamagahara

Yuuken noticed his mistress's distance lately. To say it didn't bother him would be an understatement. Of course he worried about her, he did care a lot about her even though he didn't show it that often. He had heard murmurs about gods disappearing, but nothing more than rumors. He wasn't trusted with such information as he was just a regalia. It wasn't to say he didn't notice how things were rather odd lately. Namely that huge storm he saw out while he went to go grab some groceries. He let out a hefty sigh as he finished cleaning to corridor of their living space. He had been cleaning since this morning. It wasn't like he had much else to do, Mistress Shizuya was busy in the living area reading a book and he didn't want to disturb her.

His head popped out of the corridor when she spoke up. The near shore? What did she want to do there? He kept that to himself, he would just follow her orders. "Of course Lady Shizuya." he gave a small tight smile. He usually did. He didn't remember the last time he gave a pure happy smile. Maybe in life? He couldn't remember anything before death. He placed his cleaning supplies back in storage and moved to her side. "May I ask what we will be doing there?" he gained the courage in that short time to ask. The least that could happen is she wouldn't answer.

Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver

coded by e d e n

superthumb-jpg.393612

Shizuya
Takamagahara

Shizuya remained silent as her Regalia returned the cleaning supplies to their rightful place. She didn't say a word until he asked why they would be going to the near shore.
"We're investigating. Among other things." Shizuya responded simply before offering him a smile. She wasn't sure how much she should tell him. After a brief moment of hesitation, she continued. "Gods have been fading, and it stems from the near shore. We're going to see what can be done to prevent that."
The goddess of fate decided that she had told him enough for now. She didn't know everything, after all. Just enough.
"I think we should start in Kyoto. There was that shrine that just got torn down..." She trailed off. After a brief moment, Shizuya teleported herself and Yuuken to one of her smaller shrines in Kyoto.
Nico Nico

coded by e d e n

Tora-taro
Kyoto Gakuen High School

The school bell rung, signaling the end of classes for that day.
It elicited a yawn accompanied by a stretch of her arms before the high schooler began to pack up her things.
"Tora-taro! I'll meet you at the vending machine!" Shouta called using her nickname he gave her when they were ten.
Big smile. "Okay, Shiro-kun."

Tora-taro wasn't her real name, of course. It was just Tora. Tora Fuyume. She stood texting by the big vending machine to the side of her school building. Nearby, a bird chirruped.

ToraTaro91-- Seems strange that the tornado is only a few days away from hitting the city.
Aya (Ayame) -- What's strange is why you and Shouta aren't an official couple! >;D
-- Urusai!!! >o< It's not like that!
-- hehe
--I already told you that a thousand times already!! XO
--fufufu, totally gonna happen. Mitsuki and I have a bet, so make sure to get him to confess, ok!
(5 mins pass...)
--Okay, okay, I'm sorry! At LEAST take shelter under his umbrella when the twister slams Kyoto. :)
--...Whatever, Aya. o3o

"Did you wait long?" His voice came from way too close, and she freaked out. Jumping a few feet away, she laughed nervously. "Hahe, I didn't see you there. When did you become a ninja?"
He grinned cheekily. "What was Ayame saying? Anything interesting?"
"Nope," she answered, trying to be serreptitious and hide the cell phone behind her back.
"Oh really? Then why are your ears turning red?" Ugh. His smirk really made her want to punch him. So she did, playfully, in the arm.
"Cuz you scared me, duh!" Tora looked away whilst Shiro continued to grin. She knew that he probably could tell that she was lying. This irked her even more, so she began to walk heading for the trail that led to the small park that was by her house. Shouta's house was a bit further away but his route took him past her house everyday so they began to walk the school-home-school route together. She had at first refused because it was a little embarrassing to be walked home, but after a few neighborhood bullies threatened to take her coin purse, he was adamant. So now this was the arrangement.
"What about that girl from our rival school? I can practically see some kind of laser shooting out of her eyes at you sometimes," Shouta began.
"Hm?" It made her pause and think for a bit. "Oh, that girl. What was her name? I hear a few of the guys in our class like her." Not crazy popular, but gaining enough attention to warrant that she remember her name. "What's her name again...?" Sometimes it felt like her brain was created with fewer smart cells than others, and that was the explanation she used to explain why she could hardly remember names sometimes.

mention: Life. Life.

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
N.(Pok%C3%A9mon).full.943067.jpg

Nagi
Kyoto, Japan, coffee shop near Ancient Buddhist Shrine

Distrustful.

Seemed to lack self confidence.

Honest.

Those where the three traits Nagi derived from listening to Hon speak and watching the boy’s actions. It was clear that the afterlife had not been good to the boy and that saddened Nagi somewhat. He’d have to clear the air if he hoped for the conversation to proceed smoothly. After all, as a god, Nagi kept secrets but he never directly lied. It simply wasn’t in his nature. He opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by the chime of a bell that signaled another arrival at the coffee shop.

"Hello Nagi, sorry I'm late, I hit a little trouble on the road. Perhaps I should have made a stop by one of your shrines before I came?"

Blinking, Nagi turned to face Hasuna, the goddess of home and hearth, and her regalia Yamaza. Even amongst Gods, blessed regalias were a rarity, so it wasn’t really a surprise that he’d caught wind of it—even if he didn’t spend a lot of time in Heaven. It seemed he would be blessed by much company today.

“There’s no need Lady Hasuna.” Nagi smiled. “I’d been meaning to visit you, but it would seem you beat me to it. Must be the Mother Instinct thing kicking in.”

“T-that’s Hasuna?” Hiname dropped the donut she’d bitten into. “The goddess of hearth, home, and family?”

“Yes. Can you please get us another two chairs, Hiname-chan?”

“R-right away!” Hiname scrambled out of her seat and started searching for empty chairs to take. She seemed to be deliberating on which one a pregnant goddess would want—even though they all looked the same.

While his regalia did so, Nagi introduced his two company to each other. “I’m not certain if you are familiar with her tales or not, Hon, but this Hasuna—the goddess that protects homes and children. Hon is a spirit I’d met only a couple minutes prior to your arrival Lady Hasuna.” Nagi glanced at the boy that slumped into his chair. There was a smile of amusement on his face. “Oh, and Hon? Yes it’s true. My reason for calling you in is because I want to get to know you better. And the reason I want to get to know you better is because you are unnamed regalia—among many other things. You seemed hungry, there’s a storm outside, I am searching for a travel companion, it’s been a while since I spoke to anyone besides Hiname, I’m not too familiar with the streets of Kyoto, etc. But it all boils down to I was interested in you and I just wanted to.”

Hiname returned with the chairs and tried to put them in place so they fit nicely. “Being a plant is much better than being a phantom, Wise-guy. Even with a god-given name, we regalias are still at risk of crossing the line. How bad do you think it is for loose spirits wandering the earth? During a storm no less! For us who’ve lost their lives our souls are the only thing we have left, and if you don’t try to protect yours, not even a god can save you, Nimrod”

“Hiname…”

“What? It’s true, isn’t it?” Finished with her work, Hiname indicated the seat with a pillow for the pregnant-looking goddess. Did goddesses even give birth? Her tone softened. “Please have a seat, M’am. And don’t strain yourself. Lord Nagi didn’t tell me you were expecting…” An accusing look was sent to her God's direction.

S n o w S n o w
MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Hasuna
Anime Person.jpg
Kyoto, Coffee Shop near Buddhist Shrine

Hasuna took a much better look at the people sitting in front of her, a petite brown haired girl looking somewhere in her tween years by her estimate, and her companion Nagi, a Green Haired God wearing simple yet durable clothes sipping from a coffee mug. The last one, Hon was hard to get a look at slumped on the table like that, but he had dark hair and wore a worn hoodie. Hasuna didn't like Coffee, it was too bitter and you needed a lot of Milk and Sugar to make it close to bearable, much better instead to simply make Hot Chocolate and put Caffeine supplements in it instead. Revert Yamaza. Revert Goza. Revert Boujouza. Well you could say that. I felt that my children of the near shore were in need and so I came. I heard through the grapevine that you wanted to see me and thought it beneficial to meet with you, as it has been a long time since I have visited the near shore and you have always frequented this place. And Hiname dear, please don't worry about me, you see I am not actually expecting I have always been pregnant, but it is just a Facsimile ever since I was born and not once have I been affected by it. And as for you Hon Honey, Nagi might be interested in you partly because you are an unclaimed soul, but at least hear him out, many gods truly care for their regalia and as I'm sure you know by now, life without the protection of a god can be difficult. Goza, Yamaza, Boujouza go ahead and buy me a hot chocolate and a danish, make sure you get something for yourselves as well, Nagi and I have much to discuss.

b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
Near a coffee shop kyoro

With her current job done there was little work for the reaper as her following if it could be called such was still small. She in truth was waiting for the next little ritual to be done and for her to collect the payment and grant a wish. Azani really did hope it was not like the last she didn't really like doing that job as it reminded her of her past life. The issue of the phantom storm was not one she could solve for without a retail is she could not banish them. Azani in truth wished she did have more power to simply banish such spirits if she did then perhaps the pure spirits could be moves to thier rest in the afterlife.

Still it didn't exactly seem like the hordes if phantoms would be dissipating soon and Azani wondered how many lives would be lost. Stopping this however was not her duty at least not now her duty was to wait and respond should she be called. To have so little to contribute when there was in truth so much to do angered the tiny goddess if only for her own innablity to help.

Azani needed to get her mind off this storm and her own useless nature perhaps a drink or some human food would do her good. Azani had no true need to eat but such things were fun and did taste good. Thus she entered in truth what was a random coffee shop for her.

Inside the shop Azani noticed and felt the other deities, Azani was not one to visit heaven tending to beilve she would not be welcome and it was not a fitting place but still one knew a gathering of gods when you saw it. Also she knew at least one of them not personally but by reputation and considered the goddess and opposite of herself.

Azani did not go to join them and seeing all those about them she doubted she would have much polite to say when those that could fight chose not to. Azani did not care for thier inaction but they could destroy her quiet easily so she did not raise a fuss. She instead did what she had come to do get a drink,a soda, and a donught paying with many 100 yen coins.

Mentioned
MrThe MrThe
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

17b2fd3891b6a8a61ba74ede4580de4f.jpg

Ame

Near Shirugen Park(Kyoto)

The Nora managed to still herself against the window pane of the convenience store. Once her heartbeat slowed she entered the shop the chime causing the cashier to look over. He could see Ame but still did not pay her much attention.
The girl walked through some assorted snack aisles her eyes scanning all the different kinds of dagashi. Reaching the coolers she slid aside the door and reached in her fingertips barely taking hold of the beverage. Satisfied with her choice she let the door slide closed.
Returning to the cashier she deposited her change and exited the establishment.
She wondered why the activity had gotten so out of control lately. Were the Kami really doing nothing? She took a few gulps of the carbonated peach water. The traffic light at the intersection she now stood at blinking to allow pedestrians to move across. Ame just stood silently lost in thought. As the mortals of the near shore passed her by as if she didnt exist.

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
japanese-cute-teen-school-girl-26262814.jpg

Tora Fuyume
On the way back home.

"Rin!" she exclaimed suddenly.
"--what?" Shouta looked at her a bit odd. "I was talking about baseball practice."
The girl's cheeks flushed a pink tint. "I just remembered her name. The girl you brought up who kept staring my way."
"Oh--oh! That girl. Yeah." They were passing by the maple tree, now in full scarlet hue. A few toddlers were taking turns sliding down the playground slide shaped like a crocodile. One tripped and began to cry, was quickly picked up by a young lady.

They watched for a bit, then he said, "I wonder what her deal is."
"...Do you like her?" And Tora quickly added: "I heard some of the guys liked her."
Shiro made a noise in the back of his throat indicating disgust. "No, I get a weird vibe from her. Something bad."
No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't help the feeling of relief that swept over her. It seemed like a weight she hadn't even realized was on her chest was lifted. "Sou-ka..." It was unclear whether she was commenting on his negative answer or the bad vibes statement. "Well, I guess it's hard to judge anyone with just one glance. Only time will tell what kind of girl she is."
He shrugged. Sniffled a bit. "Yeah, I guess."

"Man, it's been cold this week."

coded by e d e n

Rin.jpg

Rin Himura
Leaving Kyoto Gakuen High School
"Hey Rin are you going home?" a small group of girls approached the blue-eyed brunette, "If you are do you want to walk with us?" At first it appeared as though the girl in front of them didn't hear their invitation until she looked up with an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry girls but I made a promise to my friend that I'd visit a shrine with him." Despite being turned down an invitation they all noted the pronoun 'him' from her answer. They glanced at each other before turning back to Rin, "Alright Rin we'll leave you to your boyfriend." Without waiting to hear her response they scattered off, giggling softly and glancing back over their shoulders at their fellow classmate.

As soon as the last girl left, Rin dropped her smile and released a sigh as she finished packing the last of her things. She knew that those girls would never see her as a friend. They simply wanted to hang around her because of her popularity. Pathetic really. They wanted to take an easy way out of standing high in the social hierarchy in order to reassure themselves of their self-esteems. The thought nearly slipped out of her mouth, but she bit her tongue before she did since she was not completely away from the classroom. "Well I better go meet up with my boyfriend."

The times when Rin was alone were precious to her. Although she rarely had them since her popularity was so high at school. At every break of the day she was suffocated with the invasion of others in her space. But a mask was always there to fool them. She needed to put a face up in order to avoid being under the radar of her victims. Rin never outright bullied others. Instead she utilized the convenience of the Internet and social media to help her out with that. Online is where she could show her true form, of course with no traces leading to her other persona at school.

Her thoughts were interrupted once she heard the sound of her name being exclaimed from a nearby playground. Curious as to see who was talking about her, and slightly nervous to hear if they knew anything about her. Not wanting to be seen, Rin quietly tiptoed around a corner of the area to find a spot where she wouldn't be spotted. Once she settled into a spot she looked over and saw a girl and a boy standing close to a tree. She was not familiar with either of them but from their outfits, Rin was able to identify them from Kyoto Gakuen High School, the same school she attended and more specifically in the same grade. Seeing as how she was not familiar with either of them at the moment, she dismissed all her intentions in confronting them. She could care less about other classmates who weren't a threat. With a shrug Rin walked off. She had other matters to attend to at the moment.

coded by e d e n

Akumu.jpg

Akumu & Yoru
On top of a shrine close to the Storm
"So are you not going to join in the fight with the other gods?"

Akumu's violet eyes glanced over to a familiar figure nearby. The black-haired god was crouched on a rooftop of a shrine that lent a great view of the show below. He shook his head, "No the gods fighting are pretty strong. I will wait another time to strike." The girl clicked her tongue at his response, "Ah but don't you think it'd raise eyebrows over in your direction if you aren't at least acting like a god and protecting the people from the oh-fearful attacks of Phantoms. Akumu stood up and looked over to the girl, "Well if it seems like they are struggling then I may intervene. But Rin wouldn't that also be putting a risk on our plan?"

Rin sauntered over to the god then, her blue-hued, fox-appearing, spirit cord swaying softly side-to-side, "Not if you wear a mask." She brought forward a mask she was holding behind her back, handing it to the god before her.

A slight smirk appeared on Akumu's face upon hearing his companion's answer and feeling the kitsune mask in his hands. There was no denying that this girl before him yearns for her wish to be granted, even if it seemed like an impossible one at it. There must be a great will and strong enough spiritual influence with Rin Himura that he came into existence. His eyes then turned over to the shadows of the rooftop, "Yoru be ready. We may be joining a fight." A tall, tough-looking figure stepped out of the shadows and looked down below, "Alright. I've been itching to fight anyways. But we aren't testing any Phantoms this time right? There seems to be too many gods to execute it."

"No. I still need to perfect my technique plus it doesn't appear as though there are any challenging Phantoms down there," Rin looked down over the edge as well for her own observations. The storm this time appeared to be lasting longer than previous ones, subtle evidence on how the gods were fairing. Witnessing the slow decline of their powers excited Rin. Her eyes shined bright as she watched them struggle. It was times like this where Rin needed to restrain herself before she ruined the plan. The girl knew that if she wanted it to succeed she needed to be patient. With Yoru recently becoming a Blessed Regalia for Akumu it meant a possibility of ease for their plan.

"Well alright boys I will leave you to your own devices. I need to be back home for dinner and continue on to poison the minds of fools on the Internet. Too-da-loo!" with a small wave to the pair, Rin took her leave by jumping off the rooftop and landing on a powerline. Akumu and Yoru watched her run off, "She's awfully scary as a human."

Akumu simply smiled, "You are correct, Yoru. I would also say she should be one feared by the gods as well."

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
1518395610026.png

Kokoro
City Streets

Kokoro completely understood where she was coming from, not wanting her name to sound fragile, but balked at the name the new girl suggested. "Powerful One? Ew! You're too damn pretty for a dude's name!" She spun around and stuck her tongue out at the girl. "Alright, so nothing 'fragile', huh? How about Kimi? Empresses are powerful."

They were about to turn a corner when Kokoro shot her hand out to stop the girl. Slowly she peeked around the building. "F@#$. Phantom." It wasn't that big of a problem, just meant they needed to take a detour, but it was still annoying. She turned back to the new girl. "You still to plan to go out god hunting later, even with the storm?" Going out looking for a god to name you, turning you into a living weapon. Kokoro could not understand why the girl wanted this and she certainly didn't agree with her, but she had promised herself that she wouldn't stop any of her "kids" from doing what they wanted to do

RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

4e2954342598619b85b1728b99fdf298.jpg

Hon

Hon shoved his feet against the tile, pushing until the front legs of his chair stopped touching the ground. He felt boredom creeping up on him as the trio talked, and knew that he would suffer a long and painful re-death if he didn't so something about it soon. Or maybe sitting around as the gods discussed godly stuff and Hiname ran around looking for more chairs would just feel like death. He couldn't be sure. He blinked a few times when Nagi said his name, his brain already half-melted, catching the tail end of his sentence before he went back to rambling. Though, he guessed he ask for a long explanation when he called him out like that. He sat up, throwing an arm over the back of the chair as he looked over Hasuna and the regalia she brought with her.

He eyed the blessed regalia, but he didn't look like much. Especially not enough for Benzaiten's exemplar to warn him away from messing with him. Hon ultimately lost interest and turned away, just as Hiname came back.
"How bad do I think loose spirits have it out there?" He repeated slowly, his tone incredulous. "Why I, a nameless regalia, have no idea." He let the chair fall forward with a loud thud, standing. "How could I ever understand what it's like to be defenseless? Powerless?" He threw up his hands. "What do you think I was doing outside before? Sightseeing in the middle of a storm? That I was just out there for fun?" He shook his head, stalking towards the door. He had enough of this. And he was quickly going from heavy sarcasm to sting-level annoyance. "And, being under the protection of a god isn't always better," he directed this to Hasuna as he left.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
s3CuzOr.jpg

Yuri Kaneda
City Streets
Yuri stuck her tongue out right back at Kokoro for shattering her daydream, though she knew it would never come through. "Stop calling me pretty! You-" Yuri retorted, a light blush on her cheeks, "You're better!" The word prettier didn't seem to be enough to describe Kokoro. She quickly dismissed her comment and tested the name she suggested on her tongue. "Kimi, huh?" She liked it. Kokoro smiled, about to thank Kokoro when she stopped her. The weight of the backpack nearly causing her to lose her balance at the sudden change of momentum. Yuri quickly stepped backwards to try and counter the weight by leaning back a little. Once she's stable on her own again she side stepped quietly to peek over the corner. Not that she didn't believe her companion, but wanted to know if it was a huge threat and if she should drop the bag and somehow fight the thing or run- which was the last thing she wanted to do. Running away didn't sit right with her.

It was still quite a distance away from them, her purple eyes not leaving the phantom, she answered the girl's question. "Yeah. I will. If it means I can destroy those things and protect others; like you." She teased, a cheeky grin on her face. She didn't really mean it though, Yuri knows how strong she is even without being claimed by a god. "I'm kidding," she admitted, not wanting to get hit. "You should come with me. Imagine how much stronger you'll be." She proposed, hoping that she will change her views about how gods are useless and take up on her offer.

Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

Ame

Ame stayed motionless for some time before realizing the signal had changed. She looked down her drink finished as her hands tightened around the plastic container as it reacted with crackling the woman then relaxing her grip as it fell against the sidewalks pavement.
The Nora stepped off into the crosswalk as a van began to speed past just barely grazing her back as she continued to run the image in front of her spurring her on.
Another phantom this one spindling down from some trees around a bench. The unsuspecting mother digging through her purse for her wallet. Her baby strapped into the stroller beside her was the real prey. It wails only being shushed by the mother as the demon continued its path downward toward the small child.
Ame jumped her hand struck out to stop it but it was too late....

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Nagi

Nagi watched Hon walk away and sighed, glancing at Hiname who didn’t look in Hon’s direction. He had an idea of her feelings, though she did a good job of keeping it in check for his sake. He knew his regalia well enough to guess at her frustration and guilt.

“It seems you touched a sore spot,”

“He’s an idiot. Told him how dangerous storms are for nameless spirits and he just walks right out.”

“Perhaps,” Nagi allowed, picking up the cup of coffee and staring at the dark contents. “But you could stand to be a little more tactful, Hiname-chan. I think he actually wants to work.”

“Doesn’t act like it to me.”

Nagi pinched his little regalia’s cheek. “Now, now, Hiname-chan. Don’t get sulky. If he’s remained as untainted for as long as he has, I’m sure he’s smart enough to find a shrine to hide in until the storm passes at least. There are plenty of gods in Kyoto. Why don’t you go join Yamaza, Goza, and Boujouza? Buy yourself another donut or two, while I talk to Lady Hasuna.”

Nagi watched his regalia do as told, his eyes following her as she stood in line behind a dark-haired girl of roughly similar-ish age. Not just a regular girl though. A Death God. One he didn’t recognize, but that was no surprise, since he wasn’t too familiar with many of the newer gods and hadn’t really interacted with many since he began wandering the near shore. He only hoped Hiname remained respectful at least with her, since a fight with another god was the last thing he wanted. Nagi returned his attention to Hasuna.

“I appreciate your support, though it didn't quite work out, and apologize that you had to be witness to all that. Hiname-chan cares more about her fellow spirits than she lets on. Therefore the storm has her a little…frustrated…" Apologizing for Hon didn't feel right since the boy wasn't his regalia, was entitled to his own feelings, and really only reacted to Hiname's insult. More than that, he'd been the one to invite Hon to his table, which, to be honest, made him a terrible host given Hiname's aggression to his guest. Hiname was his responsibility. His regalia. Therefore, her transgressions were his as well. " Her conflict is partly my fault, I’m afraid. If you’ve been hearing things about me through the grapevine, then you’re probably aware that I haven’t done any road-cleaning since my argument with Ryuujin. My current state isn’t really suited for fighting phantoms." Nagi rubbed the back of his neck. "To be honest, I was only passing Kyoto when I heard that a shrine was torn down so I came to offer my condolences to whichever god it belonged to. I certainly didn't expect to run into a storm. Figured we should just wait it out, but..." Nagi brought the coffee to his lips. "The wind is growing restless. "

It wasn't so big of a storm that Nagi didn't think the war gods couldn't handle it. Still, casualties were a possibility, and a lonely unnamed spirit was a prime target for phantoms. It couldn't be helped if Hon didn't like the company. If he couldn't work with Hiname, then there was low chance he could become the travel companion they were looking for as well. Still. Hon wasn't just some faceless spirit, one of many that wandered the earth. Introductions had been made. Words had been exchanged. He was no longer a stranger. Therefore he couldn't be ignored. Nagi sent a small breeze to trail after the upset boy that left. It wasn't much. Just something that would let him know if the spirit was in danger. A god's protection wasn't always better? It was interesting statement, one that nagged Nagi's curiosity. Perhaps it was even true. However, a God was free to give their protection to whoever they wanted--whether they wanted it or not. Gods, after all, did what they want. And Nagi was no different.

"As you've said, I've spent most of my time in the near shore so I don't really know how things are going in Heaven, but I haven't heard any good rumors. I just thought I'd learn a bit more from someone who spends most their of time there..." Nagi met Hasuna's eyes and smiled warmly. "Though, if you've got different matters you wish to discuss, I'm all ears, Lady Hasuna."

S n o w S n o w
MrThe MrThe
Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
1518490249067.png

Kokoro
City Streets

"You're better? Nice come back,
Kimi. You've really got this sweet-talking thing down to an art."
Even as she was teasing the girl Kokoro was peeking around the corner, sizing the monster up. It was a large Phantom, like eat-a-toddler-whole sized, with a red tint to its skin, and way to many eyes. Its body was long and thin, like a grey hound that hadn't eaten in weeks, and was clearly built for speed. The part that worried her the most though was its mouth; long and full of sharp teeth like a crocodile. She wouldn't be surprised if it had the snapping power of one too.

When the now-dubbed Kimi sugested that Kokoro should find a god she just growled. "And become a slave to someone who only sees me as a tool? Fuck that." Quick to change the subject, Kokoro spun the girl around and began digging through the pack. "That thing's to big for us to fight off so we've got to go around it." She pulled out few bottles of holy water, handing one to the girl, slipping one into her own jacket pocket, and loosening the cap on third. "Still gotta cross the street though. Let's book it across and pray ugly doesn't notice us. If it does I'll draw it off and you beeline it for the safehouse."

RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

Ame

The baby continued to cry out uncontrollably as the phantom fell down over top of its stroller. Its jagged blade like appendages appearing to engulf the object with the baby inside. Ame stopped short her hands shaking knowing that by now the phantom would have taken its prize. For a split second which seemed to stretch into an eternity the babies crys split the air....
"Will you just shut up already!....I can't"
The mothers words not only caused Ame's attentions to sway but also that of the demon now gripping her child in its death embrace. The woman had hung up the phone and even though she was not yelling her words rung with a clarity that the beast could not resist....words of regret.
The mother took the bawling child from its ephemeral prison as she continued to speak.

"I thought i could do this..i thought..thought i was ready. Then he left us. By then it was too late...and now im stuck...I cant be your mother...i cant do this anymore...i wish you were never born"
The Nora's hands clenched in anger beginning shake from the strength of the emotion. The phantoms face contorting now to drool over the womans regret. Ame's eyes snapped back to the ayakashi as it began to open its cylindrical mouth rows upon rows of teeth circling the dark recess.
The shinki moved now with the chance given to her imparting a small inward thanks to the graces of fate. She moved quickly her fingertips shining as she pushed the demon from the stroller back into the trees.
"Borderline!"

The phantom scurried away with a squeal of pain. The girl sighed swiping her bangs from her forehead as she glared toward the mother next to her who was completely unaware of what her voiced thoughts had almost caused....
The infant settled and as if to understand reached out its soft hand to grasps its mothers pinky.
The woman snapped from her episode as tears began to well in her eyes as she embraced her now cooing daughter closer.

"Mommy is sorry...I love you Suzumi...i know i can do this..because i have you"
Ame sighed stepping from the bench but allowing a small smirk to grace her features as the baby babbled happily noticing the spirit that had saved her.

The Nora waved back as she walked from the pair their bus arriving. They would be fine but what about her....
She was alone and even though her body was painted by the names given to her by others... Not once had she had something like that. A love that even shaken could not be broken even by the promise of death...

coded by e d e n

b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
the holy coffee shop

Azani paid for her food and drink and soon received it, she was aware of the events at the table though what the set up was she didn't know. Still it seemed a spirit had rejected a god, that was not something one seemed to see often. She knew she could go after the spirit as right now it was not safe at all, but then again the other gods should be trying to stem the tide but instead were in a coffee shop. Azani at least didn't have a regalia to fight with thus she could not destroy the phantoms. She then noticed the girl behind her and that she was a spirit that had been around the other gods, meaning she was likely a claimed one. Thus she had to wonder why the two were just sitting there having their servants get them coffee when they could be helping end the natural disasters outside.

" Why are you here there is work to be done outside?" Azani asked as she turned around her tone controlled and even not exactly hostile but not friendly either.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

red_velvet.png

Red Velvet
the Cafe, sending a message

The bustle of human activity flowed all around her, yet it did not touch her. She was separate. Distinct. Something that didn't belong.

She was sent to get help. The gods were about to be overwhelmed on the eastern front. "Find anyone you can," her goddess told her. "Friends, followers... worshippers, whomever is left." "Is it that bad?" Her master swallowed, nervous. Velvet blinked. She had never seen her master so worried over something except stains in the carpet or flower arrangements. "It's worse. It wasn't so a few hours ago, but suddenly a gate opened and they're starting to be overwhelmed. Go, now." She bowed and replied obediently, "Yes, milady."

The jingle of the bell sounded above her head. She had detected a few presences that indicated a kami. One of her gifts as a Regalia. It led her here: an ordinary pastry café in the heart of Kyoto city. Other Regalia were scouring the Kansai prefecture as well, hoping against hope that some aid would turn up and turn the tide.

Then she saw who it was, and her stomach dropped. Hasuna, a motherly god. Would she even have any battle-ready Shinki? And a green-haired, lazy-eyed god with half-lidded eyes. A few others similar to her were also in the room but she did not mind them and approached the kami with a short bow.

"Greetings, Holy Ones, I have come from the eastern front. The Kansai prefecture is being affected by abnormal activity. We received word recently that the twister that once was slow moving has now split into several, smaller tornadoes and are heading towards the cities of Shiga, Kyoto, Osaka and Nara. Heaven is asking anyone with battle-ready Shinki to participate in fending off this attack that could potentially harm human followers."

As if on cue, a small television screen that had been broadcasting news:
"Just in: a tropical cyclone warning has been issued to all coastal areas in the Kansai prefecture and surrounding regions. Citizens are requested to head to a storm-proof shelter within the next few hours."

Karcen Karcen
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
S n o w S n o w
MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

s3CuzOr.jpg

Kimi/Yuri Kaneda
City Streets
“Shut up!” Kimi hissed, her cheeks pink and puffed with air like a child throwing a tantrum. “You sure are harsh for someone who has the literal meaning of ‘heart’ for a name. You said you’ve never met a god, how would you know that they’ll treat you like that? Aren’t they pretty much powerless without spirits like us?” Her eyes narrowed slightly, a scowl on her face as she accused her. She wasn’t one to talk though, she herself have yet to meet one and she doesn’t know how they are. But if they exist from humans’ wishes and prayers and they protect them from phantoms, surely they are not all that bad?

Kimi watched silently as Kokoro pulled out the three bottles of holy water from the bag, releasing some tension off her arms. She took the bottle when Kokoro handed it to her, her eyes snapping back to the phantom again when a loud clang sounded. It toppled over a trash can, its contents spilling into the street, but it looked like it was still looking for something. Its’ snout and claw like hands foraging for something. “Hey, it looks like it’s looking for something. Phantoms would only do that to find spirits, right?” She turned to face her, her eyes widening at the realisation. “We have to help!” Kimi opened the bag again to take out more bottles.

Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
Hasuna.jpg
Kyoto, Coffee Shop near Buddhist Shrine

Hasuna took a look outside, it was way worse than when she first got here. It seemed that learning more of the Near Shore would have to wait, protecting it would come first. Come Sekki, Come Suki, Come Shouki. We have work to do. I did not know just how bad the storm had gotten. Nagi, meet me tomorrow at this same place at 3:00. Hasuna rushed out of the coffee shop leaving her half eaten Danish and empty cup of cocoa on the table. When she exited the coffee shop she was almost completely blown over. But soon she righted herself and asked Goza how are you holding up? I'm fine Lady Hasuna, not a single scratch on me, it's just that I'm worried about the storm. It seems awfully big. Hmm, Well let's get moving. There are a lot of phantoms we must purge and limited time to do it.

Nagi
Kyoto, Japan, Coffee shop near Ancient Buddhist Shrine

Nagi could hear the words of the small television even as he nodded to Hasuna, watching her hasty departure with bemusement. Rushing into danger without a second thought. Protective. A bit bossy. The Goddess of Hearth was a model mother figure for humans to look up to. It was little wonder she ranked well in Heaven. Of course, he also paid attention when the little Death God chose to speak with Hiname. He didn't think anything bad would happen if his regalia interacted with another god, but it never hurt to be cautious. An angry God breaking his regalias was nothing new to Nagi.

Hiname didn't even seem to be aware that she was speaking to another god.

"Work? I'm always working. My employer doesn't pay me enough for all the things things I do for him. All he does is whimsically travel around to random locations, climbing mountains, taking pictures, and sometimes helping people. If it weren't for Tatsume texting him about the job requests he gets, I don't think he'd even know about them. It's not like he checks his shrines very often." Hiname's voice lowered as if sharing a secret to the pretty black haired far shore resident. "In fact, we just came down from a mountain and I'm kinda grateful for the chance to see civilization again. If it weren't for the storm, I'd think I'd be enjoying myself more. The donuts here are tasty."

Nagi chuckled, finally turning to face the unknown regalia that greeted him. He observed her curiously, contemplating his answer. “If the Heavens are coming to someone like me for assistance, things must be very bad. I can’t say how much help I’ll be, but I’ll do what I can.”

Hiname must've been paying attention to him as well because , she rushed right over, a box of purchased donuts in her arms. Nagi’s sacred treasure looked the other regalia up and down, an annoyed expression on her face. “He can't. Not unless you’re willing to become a Nora. I’m a divine charm that protects against blight. Not a holy weapon. Lord Nagi doesn’t have one.”

Not anymore.

“I’d been meaning to find one,” Nagi said merrily to his regalia. “This news just means I have to quicken my pace a tad. Didn’t we just meet a wandering spirit a few minutes earlier? I could always ask Hon for help.”

Hiname snorted. “The one who admits to having worked about as much as plant and walks out into a storm like it’s better than hanging out with gods? I’m willing to bet he’s something like a broken hairpin.”

“Good girls shouldn’t gamble,”
Nagi chastised easily. “Come, Juki.”

The spirit morphed, becoming an ornament around the Travel God’s neck. Nagi caught the box of donuts before they could fall to the floor. Reaching for the foot of his chair, where his large backpack—with a rolled up sleeping bag—resided, Nagi checked to make sure everything was where he’d left it before pulling out a baseball cap, and slipping it on his head. He then adjusted the rucksack so that it was securely attached to his back.

“I’m sorry I can’t be of much help to you right now, Red Velvet.” Her name was written on her body. “However, traveling for as long as I have, I’ve heard rumors of a god of Martial Arts living in a dojo somewhere in downtown Kyoto. If the Heavens is looking for power, surely such a god of training would be an asset. I will join the gods on the Eastern front when I manage to find a weapon.” Not just to help other gods, but because the wind spirits were getting agitated. Nagi was a child of the wind after all. He tipped his cap at the dark haired goddess, offering her a friendly smile of farewell. “Thanks for chatting with Hiname-chan, brief though it was. Given how I choose to live, she doesn't get the chance to make many friends.”

Meetings and departure where quite common for the god that didn’t like to stay in one place for very long. Well, this case was a bit different. He was told to come back at to the very same shop at 3:00, by a motherly goddess, so he probably would. Hadn’t managed to finish his conversation with her after all.

Nagi pulled a phone from his pocket to check the time as he walked out of the coffee shop into the storm, a box of donuts in one hand. Good thing Hasuna was clearing the path of nearby phantoms. He wasn’t looking forward to another game of tag. “Remind me to come back here at 3:00 tomorrow, Hiname-chan. For now, we go spirit-searching.”

Do you even know where you’re going?

Nagi laughed. “That’s a funny question to ask a god who helps lost travelers.”

And with that, Nagi locked onto his target and teleported, leaving only a breeze of wind in his wake.

Elowyn Elowyn
MrThe MrThe
Karcen Karcen
(mentioned: S n o w S n o w , Jean Otus Jean Otus )

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
36c87ab412e9e7d7.jpg

Kokoro
City Streets

"Fuck!" Kokoro hadn't exactly spent a lot of time studying the phantoms but she was pretty sure Kimi was right. It was definetly looking for something, and if it was another spirit...

She didn't even think about it; already charging in before the word "help" had even reached Kimi's lips. She popped off the cap of her bottle and poured some of it onto her hand, the cold water seeping through her glove. The monster, hearing someone coming, turned to look, only to get a fist in its rediculusly big face.

Now not many spirits could claim to have punched a phantom, hell not many gods could claim it either, but Kokoro had lost track of how many times she had done it. It was just the most efective way to catch their attention, especially when holy water was mixed in. There was an explosion of steam as the water reacted with the blighted skin and the creature roared out in pain. "Come get me, motherfucker!" Kokoro shouted as she sprinted off, the Phantom tearing after its assailant as she slipped into an alley.

Kokoro had been right about one thing. The beast was built for speed. Fuck my unlife!

RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
superthumb-jpg.393612

Shizuya
Kyoto City Streets

Shizuya waited to see if he regalia had anything to say, but when he remained silent she nodded. If he had nothing to add then they would proceed.
"That's a pretty big storm..." Shizuya commented while frowning. She considered walking away for a moment before ultimately sighing. "Come on."
That being said she started jogging towards the direction of the storm. She assumed that Yuuken was right behind her.
As she quickly approached the storm, she encountered an unclaimed regalia. The girl was running from a phantom, which quickly stirred Shizuya to action. She switched direction and tore off after the phantom. It hadn't taken notice of her just yet. It was fast, and gaining on its prey. Sadly the regalia took a wrong turn and ended up in an alley. Shizuya skidded to a halt behind the phantom before calling for her regalia.
"Yuusei!" She called, holding out her hand, fully expecting her Shinki to fall into it.
Nico Nico Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

Ame

City Streets 11th District(Kyoto)

The Nora's eyes followed the flickering movements on the crappy television set above the bar she had made her way to. She stood displaying her usual reaction bad news as the weather report finished the warning having been issued. So the storm had gotten worse...the kami must be hard pressed in the fight if that was the case....what should she do?, she could be there and give her assistance but that require a kami willing to wield her...like that would happen unless through an act of desperation or protection.
She knew better...Nora were looked down on even though she had not meant it to be this way. Ame watched as people scurried past and onto the streets attempting to get home or to a shelter.

It seemed so insignificant...to try and run. To preserve what little life you had left..after all if it was your time. You should meet if willingly and without fear.
At least that was how she felt as the blurry image of a horrid dragons jaws split apart in front of her to swallow her whole. Ame opened her eyes to dispel the partial fragment of memory that haunted her.

Amaterasu had told her of the events that had led to her death but she still could only remember that piece..the next thing she knew she was named for the first time by Susanoo. The shinki touched her fingertips to her lips as she spoke the names she had not heard in so long.
"Tsurugi.... Kusanagi"
She let her hand fall feeling defeated as she exhaled deeply before taking in a fresh breath. With a nod to affirm her own decision she exited the brief sanctuary and moved into the storm. She could at least hold the demons back and if a kami would have her she would be by their side to fight come what may....because that...is the honorable thing...the right thing to do.

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
4e2954342598619b85b1728b99fdf298.jpg

Hon
City Streets

A question popped in his head as he walked away from the coffee shop.

What now?

He met two gods in twenty minutes, but still wasn't any closer to being claimed than before. Having had time to calm himself down, he admitted that what he told Hasuna was a lie. He didn't like Tenjin or feel any particular way about Benzaiten, but he couldn't deny that living with them was better than sleeping in empty shrines and eating trash. At least Tenjin fed him regularly, and gave him a way to defend himself. Hon glanced up at the storm, which seemed to be getting bigger rather than smaller, then back at the coffee shop. He was stubborn, but he knew that the bagel wouldn't keep him satiated for long. He should have at least grabbed a drink on his way out. He could work with a god like Nagi, who didn't seem to be put off by him, but his regalia on the other hand...

Hon could tolerate regalia who were sticks-in-the-mud, mostly by pretending they didn't exist, but it was something else entirely for a regalia to have the situational awareness of a rock. He didn't think he could work with Hiname, didn't want to work with her after what she said. And he knew if he wasn't willing to do that much, he would have to look for another god. He turned away from the shop and started walking again. He eyed the storm. Though god hunting would have to wait until after that was taken care of. He had borderline, but he knew it only worked so well when one was surrounded by phantoms. He could lay low at the nearest shrine, pulling his hair out one follicle at a time until he got bored enough to leave. Wasn't there an empty dojo around somewhere? It would probably offer more entertainment than the shrine.

As long as he didn't draw attention to himself, he didn't think the phantoms would bother him. He barely started in the direction he thought the dojo was when he felt a suspicious breeze at his back. He knew it was Nagi, because only a wind god could announce their presence so subtly. He would re-die before admitting that he was surprised the god came after him. Hon spun around and laced his hands behind his head.

"What do you want?" Even though he spoke to Nagi, his eyes were on the necklace around his neck. He was around sixty percent sure it wasn't there before.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back