• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom NORAGAMI: Celestial Rites -- a romance driven roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Katsu Watanabe

0779196ebb2fc83e54e0ebdef2501394--cool-knives-cool-guns.jpg

|| Location ||
Kyoto

"Thou with nowhere to go and nowhere to return I shall grant you a place to belong My name is Azani" The goddess started having to block blows from the phantom that was the closet to her drawing the symbols when she could as she moved. "Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here." She continued slashing off a claw from the phantom tat kept coming

"With this name i make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, i use my life to make thee a divine instrument." She said as a stinger actually hit her arm that if she was not helping the spirit she could have easily moved. Seriously. Finish up already, woman, Katsu thought to himself, yawning."Thou art Kae de As divine instrument Shōri no honō. Come!" She finished her hand held out.

"Wait.. Kaede.. Maple... wha--" before he could finish his sentence, he was suddenly transformed into a red gun with carvings and yarn. He was then placed onto Azani's hand. "Out of thousands of badass names--" he started, "you chose Kaede?"

Katsu--or.. "Kaede" groaned. "Can't I have my old name back?" he asked her. And, just to piss her off, he added, "Azani."
Mentioned: N/A || Interacting With: Karcen Karcen VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
The streets

There was no time to reply to the request that Kaede use his old name, as the Phantoms was ready to snap down on her and end her. That would not happen as she shot it several times in an instant killing it. Without the chant there was no easy one hit kill, but still the phantoms did die if you hurt them enough. Well she had to work fast and continued to shoot the other phantoms drawn into the area by Kaede and his negative attitude, though Azani did wonder how close he really was.

Then came a very large Phantom, it seemed to be a sphere with many limbs, claws, pincers, tentacles, and hands all grasping out and seeking prey. Alone it's body eyes opened and focused down upon her as a large fang filled mouth seemed to tear open from its sphere like body. Azani wondered just how she had not felt something like it coming, well there was not choice she had to fight it. The phantom lashed out with several of it's limbs and Azani had to move and roll quickly to avoid getting hit.

Azani would have to use the chant to destroy this phantom, though it would be hard , Ai was not the best for this as if she got close she would be swatted away, and with her shoulder injured she didn't have the strength to cut through it's limbs. " You who desecrate this land of the rising sun. With my advent , I, The goddess Azani" She started having to constantly move or shoot limbs to avoid being crushed, which also served to start the phantom's destruction, " Lay waste with the Sekki and expel thy vast defilement!" She continued now firing into the Phantom which started to swell, though she would not get out unscathed and was battered into a building wall " Shatter" She finished and the phantom finally bloated to far and exploded finally dying, though Azani was not looking her best.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Emmi Emmi

coded by e d e n

H1193-L113822868.jpg

Kana
City Streets

Kana mentally crossed his arms when Nagi started explaining his abilities, resisting the urge to groan. If Nagi had given him a chance to answer he might have said yes, just to avoid his speech about it. He knew that God's could use chants and spells just like he could, but that was about as much as he knew about them. He vaguely remembered Benzaiten's exemplar trying to explain it to him once, but he zoned out about a quarter of the way through. Kana didn't think he needed to know the inner workings of Nagis abilities and exactly how he used each one. He would have learned just as much if Nagi had done the spell and he saw how strong his bullets were then, but no. He had to be bored first. And who was this Fuujin, anyway? Another God of wind?

He wanted to zone out here too, but he knew he had to stay focused. They were all phantom food if he didn't aim his bullets. But still, ugh. Kana almost made pretend snoring sounds when Nagi was done, but the God was already moving, pinning the phantom in place by its tongue. The chant was said, Kana was jammed against it and bang! the phantom was gone.

Kana wasn't sure how to feel about being complimented. No God had ever done it before.
"Yeah, well, I'd say you were pretty awful," he deadpanned. "You were barely any help at all." He mentally stretched, eyeing the twister as they approached it. "What are you going to do with that box of donuts? You're not taking it into the storm, are you? Feeding them won't make them not want to eat us any less, you know."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Life. Life.

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
Anime Person.jpg
Kyoto, Near Epicenter of the Largest Storm

Hasuna charged forward, headed straight for the center of the largest storm, which also happened to be the one from which the other storms split off. As she ran, she sliced the phantoms with her blessed blade, often dispatching them with a single thrust, even without using a spell. One after another they fell before her considerable wrath, a far cry from the demure goddess she appeared to be just a few moments ago. Her hair, normally neatly combed and behind her back was now angrily flailing like a wildfire gone out of control. Her mouth, usually wide open in either laughter or a smile was now motionless, set in a deadly grimace. Her eyes which sparkled at all times did so still, only now that sparkle was a flash, they appeared almost catlike, having a predatory gaze. And most startling of all was the way she moved. When she ran after her prey which scattered before her, she was low to the ground almost parallel to it resembling a greyhound. And she could leap from place to place almost instantly, like a pinball she would bounce from place to place after the phantoms, and yet always she would maintain her laserlike course for the center of the storm. None shall escape me, You who desecrate this Land of the Rising Sun! With my advent, I, Hasuna, lay waste with the Sekki and expel thy vast defilement! --- Rend! Nothing broke her concentration until suddenly a massive phantom shaped like a computer mouse the size of a two-story building landed right in front of her. Surprised at its sudden appearance Hasuna almost didn't know what to do until it took one look at her and began to run, although run is not the right word for what it did, it slithered, moving in a winding path cord/tail whipping about as it desperately tried to flee from something so terrible that even phantoms knew the wisdom of discretion. A Mother protecting her children. I don't know where you came from or why you fell out of the sky! But I'm going to Kill you by all that is holy! Actually Lady Hasuna, from its appearance and the fact that it fell from the sky, it seems to be a phantom from an office building. It probably fell from one of those skyscrapers. Oh dear sweet Boujouza, sometimes it is better not to overthink things and just KILL THE DARN THING!

Akumu.jpg

Akumu & Yoru
Wandering between Storms
"Well it seems that most of our work here is done," Akumu huffed out as he swiped away the last of the Phantoms around the area he stood in. He stood up straight and pulled his mask up to look up at the sky. "It doesn't seem like the storms are going to cease any time soon," Yoru commented. "That is quite alright. Perhaps this will give us an opportunity to strike." Even though the current situation of slicing away Phantoms was thrilling him, it didn't compare to the emotions he experienced when he looked into the eyes of a hopeless god.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the sound of his name being called from Yoru, "Akumu...Akumu...Achoo."

"No. Never speak that nickname." Akumu didn't need to see it, but knowing Yoru all too well he could tell that his Blessed Regalia was smirking. He was aware of how much that nickname bothered him, especially since it was Rin who coined the name. Despite her being his ultimate lifeline, sometimes he grew annoyed of the girl. But he had to hand it to her when it came to planning. "What now Akumu?"

"We move on." Akumu pulled down his mask and took off to the sky. The chains of Reiki waved in the wind as Akumu jumped around.
The black-haired god would have moved onto a storm bigger than the one that was close to him, but the color of green stood out to Akumu. His violet eyes looked down from the taller building he stood on to the rooftop of another building where a green-haired person stood. Immediately Akumu could tell that he was a god. One,
he wielded a weapon and two) he stood fearless in front of Phantoms. This was a first for Akumu to actually see a good this close. Ever since his existence he hasn't ever had the opportunity to interact with any other gods, in at least friendly terms. He didn't know how he should be feeling at the moment; excited? scared? disgusted?

It seemed that his curiosity got to the best of him since he felt himself jumping off from where he stood, landing close to where the green-hair god stood. Well he stood close to the god, now what? He didn't know how to react, but his eyes spotted something foreign in the battlefield. "Bringing donuts to the fight.
Is this your way of re-energizing? If so, then I would like to say that I'm interested in dabbling with it,"
with something so odd in the setting it allowed for the dark-haired god to settle down a bit.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

N.(Pok%C3%A9mon).full.943067.jpg

Nagi
Kyoto, Just outside the nearest twister

Lay off, Ingrate. I didn’t see your bullets working on Froggy until Lord Nagi’s chant. And where do you suggest we leave the donuts, huh? On the ground? You think Lord Nagi would be holding onto them if he had a better place to put them? I don’t like to see good sweets go to waste either, Smart-mouth.

Nagi was about to intervene, since having his regalias fight each other right before heading into battle was hardly a good thing, when another god appeared before him. A masked one. Nagi eyed the face-wear curiously, though he didn’t comment on it since it wasn’t really his place to question another god’s fashion choice.

“Actually, this box of donuts belongs to Kaname-kun--a token of my apology to him. I’m just holding onto it for my regalia until this chaos ends, since he can’t do it himself at the moment. Though…” Nagi smiled at the black haired god with the kusarigama and held out the box of round pastries to the stranger. There was a playful light in his eyes. “Now that I think about it again, I’m not quite certain he’s accepted the apology yet. And, even if he has, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind sharing a donut or two. After all, you guys must have worked hard, considering the intensity of these storms.”

Really, Lord Nagi? Again?

Lips twitching, Nagi directed his gaze to the twister that loomed ahead the playful light in his eyes diminishing at the sight. Even though he still had yet to enter the tempest, the winds were still harsh, such that no mortal could stand where he now stood. The air filled with gloom. Was it phantoms causing the weather? Or was it the weather causing the phantoms? Probably a bit of both. Fear bred more fear which in turn led to more phantoms. Nagi could only imagine the aftermath once the tornado did its damage to the city. Once the humans began to grieve their losses.

Nagi sighed. “I can tell it’s going to be a long day…”

Noticing a phantom crawling up from the edge of the building, Nagi aimed with the Kinki, arm held out straight, and shot at the phantom before it could fully climb up. Two shots. One grazed a spindly arm. The other dealt the finishing blow to the head. Nagi couldn’t say he derived any pleasure from killing phantoms, but he was determined to get better at wielding his new weapon.

For now, he needed Kaname-kun to focus.

There were practical reasons in his decision to share Kaname’s, formerly Hiname’s, donuts as well. If a god fighting the storm needed sugar to keep energized, then providing them with some would only be prudent. After all, they were all allies against a common enemy. Nagi wasn’t so arrogant as to believe his contributions in battle could compare to that of a skilled war-god with their many regalias…especially since he’d just started fighting again with a new one of his own. He'd mainly come to provide support for his fellow gods. To help the humans. And to calm the wind spirits.

Nagi glanced back at the god he didn’t recognize. A proper greeting was only polite, even if the unknown god seemed to prefer his anonymity. “I’m Nagi, by the way. May I ask who you are?”

Nagi was curious as to whether the god would remove his mask to eat. It wasn’t as if Gods needed food. Nagi certainly didn’t since he was only an embodiment of a wish. However, even if he couldn’t die from it, he still experienced hunger. He still enjoyed taste. And, given how much Hiname and Kaname seemed to like them, Nagi figured the donuts must be quite well-made. He couldn’t blame the god for wanting to ‘dabble’. Even he was starting to get a little curious.

S n o w S n o w
Life. Life.

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
1519429414443.png

Kokoro
Kyoto City Streets/Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

Now Kokoro liked to think that she was a difficult person to piss off. Make angry? That was easy, she had no delusions of there. But pissed was a whole other level. One thing that was almost guaranteed to set her off was trying to tell her what she could or could not do. If she liked you she might be a little more tolerant, but if she didn't know you it was out of the question. So when the goddess' voice came from behind her and told her she would die without a god, it made her blood boil. "THE HELL DID YOU-?" She began to roar as she spun around, only to stop when she found the goddess was nowhere near her and was in the middle of fighting off a massive phantom.

"Oh fuck that." There was no way she was sticking around with that thing wrecking havoc, so she turned her attention back to the little spirit. Bending down she dipped her hands into the holy water around it and then scooped it up. She was about to tear out of there when she remembered Kimi. If that girl came back she'd have no idea what where she went. Cursing Kokoro pulled out a sharpie and left a quick note on the pavement, the kanji for home and a little heart next to it, before fleeing the scene.

.........​

"Now what are we going to do with you?" Kokoro asked the little ball of fluff in her hand. What was she supposed to do with it? She had plenty of experience with humanoid spirits but this was the first time she had ever tried to take in one like this. Did they need to eat, or sleep? Did they feel the cold or need to use the restroom? She just didn't know. It was weird to think that at one point she had looked just like this; this little tiny ball of light. What was the difference between them? Why did she look like a human while it looked like this? She didn't know the answer but she did have a theory: Self-awareness. She knew she was dead, that she had once been human, that the world around her was messed up. This little ball of fluff in her hands had no idea what it was, or that it even was. It just floated around without a care in the world. In fact, Kokoro wasn't sure they even thought at all. As far as she could tell they just ran on instinct.

It had been several minutes since she had escaped from the fight between the goddess and the big phantom and, even though she was moving away from all the action, the weather only seemed to be getting worse. A strong wind blew past her causing her to stumble and shiver. Muttering under her breath she pulled her coat tighter around her and slipped the spirit into her pocket, just in case it was cold too. "Eh, I'll figure that out later." she told it
"Let's just worry about getting home for now."

Kokoro turned the corner onto the street where her safehouse, lovingly nicknamed Limbo, was located. It was a crappy little place, full of holes and covered in graffiti. It had been abandoned when Kokoro had found it, nobody having lived in it in years, and if it hadn't been condemned before it probably was now that a bunch of spirits had been living in it. At first it had just been a place for her to lay low, but once she started gathering fellow spirits under her roof it started to evolve into a safehouse. She researched shinto protection rituals and put up makeshift barriers around the house, set up holy water traps, and did her best to fix the holes. Even then it wasn't exactly the most cozy of places, but it had still become home.

As she walked down the street however she began to realize something was wrong. There were pieces of debris scattered around the road and she could hear the sound of cracking wood. Soon she found the source...

Another massive phantom, tearing into her home.

"NonononoNONO!"

Interactions: NA
Mention: RI.a RI.a Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver Nico Nico MrThe MrThe 's Phantom

coded by e d e n

Ookami-Cosplay-Kakushi-Kushinada-Nemuru-Weapons-Scythe.jpg

Ame

City Streets 11th District(Kyoto)

Ai stayed silent as Azani battled against the phantom waiting to strike if necessary although she didnt see it effecient for her to of use in this fight with the newly dubbed kaede. The nora only coordinated where strikes came from in order for her kami to dodge but one found its mark.
Slamming her into the wall producing a reaction from the once calm regalia.
"Azani!..."
She called out in worry but it was not needed as the girl shrugged it off and managed to defeat the phantom.
Once the threat had dissipated she spoke up once more.

"Mistress...Could you return me to my human form...You are injured and other Ayakashi could be present.
I can hold them off while you rest or help you with your wounds"

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Azani
The streets

Azani knew that she was hurt and the wall wasn't the main issue as while it hurt the wound from the stinger was far worse as she could feel the impurity creeping into her body. the storm was still going but it seemed that others had been mobilized at last so she could retreat for now. She needed to treat her injury before the corruption had time to settle in right now it could be treated with a little shire water, though it would have to be from another god's shrine.

" Wait one moment Ai, we are retreating for now " Azani explained she would return Ai once they got to another shrine.

Azani would moments after saying this move herself with a little godly magic to a nearby shrine she didn't pick one specifically but a shrine was a safe enough place to recover and the should all have at least a small reserve of blessed water. Azani also needed to have a talk with bot her regalia if they wanted to stay or go she had asked for just this one battle and did not expect them to stay with a no name goddess of death.

" Come Ai come Kaede" She said bringing them both back to human form " We have much to talk about but let me purify my wound first" She said moving to the shrine and garbing the ladle before pulling her dress down a little to expose her should, and while the hole was healing there was the black taint left on it from the attack. Azani poured the water on her shoulder and the darkness was left away though her skin was left sensitive and looking like it had a sun burn even where only the holy water had touched.

With that done she turned back to her Shinki " There now we can talk, about if you wish to stay or go" She said getting right down to business.

coded by e d e n

46a51766f46182b1bdeb21a4ea01abac.jpg

Yuuken
Kyoto City Streets

Yuusei knew if he ever ran into that godless regalia again, he probably wouldn't get along with her. She was rude, uncouth and didn't know her place. He held extra beef for her treating his Kami with such arrogance and disrespect. Sure she killed the phantom with holy water, woop de doo. If she wasn't careful she'd end up a phantom herself. Despite holding grudges, he didn't want to blight his mistress so he let it go. He hoped the girl found someone to become her kami and she'd be safe. "Rend!" he said in unison with his wielder. He let out a grin as he sliced through the phantom, expelling it successfully. One less ugly to deal with.

His attention turned to the massive phantom that had literally just been flung into the scene. How little did he know that, that was the case. "Oh crap." he paled, if that was even a thing for a ghost. He listened in wonder as Suzuya had whispered into the wind to Kokoro. That was short lived as he noticed that the phantom was on it's feet. "Big, fat, and majorly ugly is back on his feet, milady." he calmly warned. He didn't seem like that big of a disgusting creature to take down. He just ate too much and grew the size of Fat Albert. If Fat Albert looked like a furry. For some reason he kept up with things like that to see what the mortals were into. So he knew a thing or two.

"Lets send him back home to his mama." he grinned.
Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver
Ian Temero Ian Temero

coded by e d e n

large.jpg

Ame

Random Kami Shrine(Kyoto)

The Nora simply nodded feom within her vessel cage as suddenly they were transported farther from the 11th district and were now at a simplistic shrine.
Azani called both of the regailia back to their human forms. The Great Scythe shining becoming like water in her hand before reverting away a couple feet from the goddess and reestablishing Ai's human form. Once the change was complete she watched over the young kami as she healed the slight blight she had recieved. Then came the question.
The Nora however did not understand....
Azani had just been pitched in battle against a threat that even though overcome would return..
And she wanted them to choose whether to stay or go?
After a stilled silence the woman finally lifted her head to speak.
"Forgive Me, For being crude"
The regalia stopped herself as her hands moved to her hoodie unzipping it and letting the clothing drop around her waist.
This revealed a majority of her upper body...and the names that kami had given her.
Something made her feel Azani did not care about her decision to be Nora. Yet she wanted to let the kami know what she had gotten herself into truly.

"Every name is important to me, It is a bond and a promise...Yours is no different"
Ai held up her wrist to show the name Azani had given her as it responded with a dull grey glow.
"I chose you as much as you chose me, I will always be here when you need me goddess...all you have to do...Is call my name"
The female kept her eyes on Azani's showing her how serious she felt about this decision. Her honor and sense of loyalty to all those that had named her was strong.
Ai closed her eyes and sighed before replacing the hoodie to its original configuration replacing her cold tactile visage with a warm smile.
"Apologies if i was rude my goddess"

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Azani
The streets

" Very well, i do not take force those that do not wish to stay and take those that do " Azani said before turning to Kaede and asking the same.

Sadly the male spirit did not care for saying as a regalia and in truth did not wish to remain in this world. that was a gift Azani could give him something she didn't believe most others gods could without slaying him once more. She would send him into the afterlife, as she was a reaper and shepherding the souls of the dead was her duty and what she was born for. She did wonder what other gods would think as she stood before Kaede still her shinki and recited a short spell before taking his hand and giving it a kiss. Kaede then started to fade into light vanishing from this plane and moving onto the next with all the others.

With that over Azani turned back to Ai " If you are going to stay with me then I will tell you this i do not seek a servant, i do not need someone who simply follows, what i seek is a partner an equal to help me if you can do this then simply call me by my name and do not fear to tell me when i am wrong and when i am right. that is what i ask of you Ai be my partner not my tool" She explained and asked it was odd for sure asking a shinki to be and act as your equal was not something gods did, but Azani was an odd god.

coded by e d e n

1519530233511.png

Kokoro
Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

"NO!" Kokoro screamed, breaking into a run. The massive rodent was tearing into her home, ripping out pieces of the building, swatting aside the defenses, as it dug for its pray: the spirits hiding inside. The people Kokoro swore to protect. With a roar she ripped the cap off her final bottle of holy water, flinging its contents onto the monster "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THEM!" But when the creature screamed in pain Kokoro froze. Its was all wrong, the scream not belonging to a single creature but multiple. Voices she recognized.

It hurts! It cried in the voice of a little girl. It hurts, Kokoro! It hurts! She stumbled back, face going pale. "Sako? Why?" But rather than an answer all she got was a giant paw slamming into her and everything went white. When she came to her senses again she was several houses down the road, her entire body aching like she had just been hit by a bus.

Why, Kokoro? A young man's voice, Osamu. Why did this happen?
You said you'd protect us!
A young woman, Mishi. You promised, Kokoro!

She tried to get up as the creature lumbered towards her, but everything felt slugish, like her limbs weren't listening to her. "Stop..." She ordered weakly. Why was it using her friend's voices? Why was it taunting her?

Make it stop, Kokoro! Natsu. It hurts so much!
Why weren't you here, Kokoro?
Jun, then Haru We needed you!

"Stop using their voices!" She yelled at it, but when she finally looked her blood ran cold. She was staring at her friend's faces, sticking out of the monster like they were trying to break out of its skin, screaming out in the monster's voice. She had only just managed to get to her feet but her legs turned to jelly beneath her and she fell to her knees once more. She had failed them. "No..."

It hurts, Kokoro!
Where were you, Kokoro?

They were all dead.

You promised!
Kokoro!

She was supposed to protect them.

Help us, Kokoro!

"No!"

It hurt!
Kokoro!

She had lost her family again.

Help us!
Kokoro!

"NO!"

Kokoro!
Kokoro!
Kokoro!
Kokoro!
Kokoro!
Kokoro!

All she could do was scream as the Phantom lunged, it jaws open wide...

Interactions: MrThe MrThe 's Phantom
Mention: NA

coded by e d e n

large.jpg

Ame

Ai let out a releived sigh as Azani accepted her decision to stay bound to the kami even if she would not always be around to serve her. Yet her eyes went wide as Katsu chose the opposite...
He had no longer wanted to be in a world where he couldn't interact with....
"I want to work at my dumb job, earn money, experience love...at least cop a feel without my hand going through ya know?..."
The younger shinki explained but his words made sense to the Nora.
She had roamed the japanese countryside for longer than most kami that now resided here. It would be a lie in itself to say she had never had the same longings, but despairing over such hopeless endeavors could cause the kami she cared for harm...Besides this is who she was now.
She gave a nod to the boy as he was sent to the next plane the ceremony though short was beautiful in a sense..
Azani now spoke and Ai met her goddesses gaze as she made her demands.
They took her back for a second hardly any kami wanted her to call them by thier first name...let alone be their equal?!
After a moment the Nora cleared her throat before allowing a smile to form.
"....Right, Then it will be a pleasure working with you...Azani"

She breathed happily as she extended her hand for what looked like a handshake but her palm met the younger girls head.
"Seriously though, you need to be more careful...You are not a god of combat and though you are nimble you have a lot to learn"

Ai let her hand leave the girls head after brushing through it a couple times as she spoke. The nora turned to face the expanse of the city before them as some storms dissipated but others stayed there course.
"I...will teach you....I am the great Kusanagi after all, and these Ayakashi are child's play compared to the evil i have faced..."

The woman seemed forlorn at the remembrance of the fragment of memory.
Ai shook the thought from her mind before turning back to her partner.

"So Azani....What's Next?.."

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
38aea02dc029dafdced1d15d81d08b90--good-mother-anime-pregnant.jpg
Kyoto, Kokoro's Safehouse

Leaping after the computer mouse demon, Hasuna tore through the city streets, until at last, she cornered the fearsome phantom and rapidly disposed of it, saying You who desecrate this Land of the Rising Sun! With my advent, I, Hasuna, lay waste with the Sekki and expel thy vast defilement! --- Rend! But nearly the instant she cut down that Ayakashi, Hasuna heard something she had not heard in a very long time. The cry of a shinki, no, of many shinki. Possibly the most heartwrenching sound in the world, a monster with the twisted face of a human crying out to you, in exactly the way to break you, that it might devour you. That sound! Yamaza you know it too. Yes. Then you know what we must do. I understand Mama. Hasuna raced toward the sound, but when she arrived the scene before her confused the goddess. This was no shrine, these were unclaimed shinki. How did so many end up here that this could happen? But nevermind that, there was still one left that could be saved. You who desecrate this Land of the Rising Sun! With my advent, I, Hasuna, lay waste with the Sekki and expel thy vast defilement! --- Rend! When the deed was done, Hasuna wrapped her arms around the surviving Shinki. You are safe now. Everything will be ok. I am Hasuna and now you are under my protection. Thou with nowhere to go and nowhere to return I shall grant you a place to belong My name is Hasuna. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a divine instrument. Thou art Kokoro As divine instrument Shinki.

Last edited:

Azani
The streets

Azani blushed a little as her head was rubbed it was a first for her as few wanted to contact her and in truth have anyone even a nora seemingly like her was a surprise. Azani had expected a little more push back even after Ai had spoke so passionately about the bond. Still it was nice and she did already think of asking ai for advice as she had been with many gods through the ages it seemed so she had to have advised at least a few. Azani noticed the alight change as Ai spoke of the great evils she had faced and decided she might as well get the worst and biggest question out of the way.

" first is something i have been wondering for awhile, while everything a god does is just, i must wonder if everything we do is worth it.' She said not getting her point out right " What i mean is, well i am a Shinigami, a goddess of death and i have received wishes to live and to die, i have granted them both" she started explained she had been killing humans " But i receive other wishes, tell me is it right to grant any wish i can even if perhaps a human doesn't deserve what will happen?" She asked " Is it right to grant a wish to send someone to hell?"

coded by e d e n

large.jpg

Ame

The Nora allowed a brow to furrow amongst her features as Azani began to speak. It seemed the girl welcomed the gesture for the young woman to guide her and was already asking a rather loaded question.. It was obvious the goddess was unsure of the path she was to take as her position dictated.
Ai brought her fingers to the bridge of her nose as she tried to find the right words.
"I know it may seem that way...but all a mortal may do is make the wish. As hard as it can be whether it is granted is entirely up to you"
The shinki's tone was not meant to sound harsh but rather to express her experience in the matter. Many she had contracted with had chosen not to grant the wishes asked of them based on the consequence that could be produced.
Ai sighed once more before continuing her own explanation so as to fully answer the shinigami.

"Should a person wish to die in atonement of sin it is not what they wish for that you must take into account...rather what you deem appropriate. Azani humans have always been and will remain flawed...That is why you were chosen to take the mantle of Shinigami a goddess of the afterlife..to decide their final resting place"
The regalia looked past the girl as if lost in thought once more before reaching a verdict on her final question of whether it was right to grant a wish to send someone to hell.

"To put it bluntly....No Azani...not if that is the wish of another. The burden of judgement lies with you alone, to grant such a wish would not meet your purpose...only the wants of a mortal who does not understand the severity of such costs...or the prices that are paid"
With that Ai put her focus back to Azani as the wind picked up around them once more scattering fallen leaves into the air and causing both females hairs to flutter with its gentle pull.

The Nora hoped her explanation was good enough. That Azani could choose to accept or dent wishes and that if one asked for the death of another it was inevitably up to her but that it did come with a burden of its own for both the requestor and the kami...

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Azani
Random shrine

The perspective was interesting as Azani didn't really know what to do she had always denied them as she could not truly pick a reason to do so or not to. She didn't care for killing as it didn't gain her followers and she could not grant others life for very long she survived because of the internet, because she was an urban legend and she wanted to be more stable. She did think if she could include worship as a price then maybe she could make a following, but what else could she offer after she had fulfilled this one wish. She also did feel this could be a way to help reduce some phantoms, if she picked only certain people those who needed this score settled. Azani just knew she needed some way to remain alive and she needed to do something big.

" I see that is something to think of " Azani said fixing her dress though she did wonder how someone like her who didn't really truly know sin could judge sins. " Well that is serious enough for now Ai really it was just an idea to try to get some followers" she said with a shrug as she felt a call it seemed that her name was being invoked " And good timing looks like we have work]"

coded by e d e n

1519614483420.png

Kokoro
Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

Only inches from the Phantom's jaws ending Kokoro's second life the creature stopped and exploded in a burst of light. Had it been any other time Kokoro might have found the irony of the situation funny, the giant rat slain by a pregnant woman with a gardening tool, but right now she couldn't feel anything. Even as the goddess put her arms around her all she could do stare at the remains of her home with dead eyes. She was vaguely aware of Hasuna speaking , her voice sounding muffled through the haze of shock. But when the goddess completed her ritual, the sudden feeling of having her soul shared with another, brought her back to reality.

All of Kokoro's life, even the parts she herself could not remember, were now open to Hasuna as if they were her own memories. They belonged to a girl who was betrayed by the one she should have trusted the most. A girl who became a delinquent to shield another from cruelty. A girl who devoted her life to protecting the happiness of others, even at the cost of her own. And a girl who died protecting the ones she loved from one who should have loved and protected her.

Kokoro finally looked at Hasuna. "H-how could-I did-didn't say..." she tried to mumbled. This goddess had just turned her into their servant without asking. She should have been angry, should have been raging at her, but when she tried to yell all that came out was a choked sob before she broke down in Hasuna's arms, the pain finally settling in.

"Why?" She cried, her tears soaking into Hasune's clothes as the broken girl clung to her. "Why them? I promised I'd keep them safe! I should have been here! I failed them! Why? Why? WHY? Why?!"

Interactions: MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
Hasuna.jpg
Kyoto, Kokoro's Safehouse

You poor thing, you gave so much of yourself, and you lost everyone. It's OK you can cry, let it all out. No one can predict these things. You didn't fail them. You did all that you could for them and more. It's not your fault. Lies, all lies. Hasuna knew exactly why they died, and it would break her little regalia, who would blame herself for their deaths even more than she did already. It was because they were all here, and they were all together. Phantoms are attracted to lost souls and gods, they can smell them. It's a wonder that they survived so long in a place that did not have the protection of a god. This was cause for admiration of the sobbing, broken girl for having them last this long. The fact that there were so many regalia in one place must have created an irresistible target. Possibly the only thing that kept them alive was the Buddhist shrine nearby. But Kokoro could not be blamed for their deaths, she didn't know that it was dangerous for so many shinki to be in one place. If one turns, it can easily spread and destroy the whole group. But Hasuna was not about to reveal that to her beloved child. Sweet Kokoroza, you must be strong. I need you to be strong. We might not have been able to save them, but we can still save others. We need to continue, it is our job to protect the world of the living. Can you do this for me?
Interactions: Ian Temero Ian Temero

wallhaven-423918-jpg.393278

Shizuya
Kyoto Rooftop

Shizuya felt the whirlwind of emotions that crossed her Regalia's mind, and for a brief moment was concerned about becoming blighted. However the anger that he felt for the disrespectful regalia faded almost as quickly as it had appeared. She was proud of him for letting it go, even if it was just a small thing. Had it been any other time she would have commended her regalia. But right now they were facing a multi-headed beast, so it was the very definition of the phrase, 'not the right time.'
"This one should be fun." Shizuya commented dryly. She kind of grinned as Yuusei suggested they returned him to his mama. "Let's erase him instead."
The phantom darted for her, moving in a practically demonic fashion. It let out a screech as it charged her. Shizuya responded by leaping into the air, backflipping over the beast. Her silver hair was covering her face when she landed, obscuring her sight.
She huffed, suddenly reminded of the reason she used to keep her hair up. She would have to remember to at least braid it before her next fight.
Unfortunately because of her temporarily obscured sight she had to rely only on her other senses for a moment. The phantom reacted to quickly to allow her time to flip her hair back. It seemed that it was prepared for her to jump behind it, because it had immediately turned around. Shizuya felt the rooftop rumble as the beast was suddenly in front of her. She barely dodged to the side, flipping her hair to the side as she did so she could at least see.
The phantom reacted instantly, slashing at her. She turned just enough so that the beast's claws only grazed her side. She winced, realizing that she had been given a slight blight. She was suddenly reminded that she was not a war god, and she had not fought at all in three years. She regretted that. This was what happened when gods became lazy. The world is thrown into chaos and the deities could do nothing.
She needed to end this quickly so she could assist the other gods with the storms.
"You who disrupt the threads of fate, severing those that should remain-" Shizuya began, her eyes glowing eerily. She kicked the phantom in one of its faces, sending it back at least 10 feet. "-will not be allowed to flourish. I, the Goddess Shizuya shall use the Yuusei to cut the blight from the tapestry I oversee." As she prepared to finish the chant, she ran her hand across Yuusei, causing the blade to glow the same eerie blue as her eyes. "Sunder!"
With that, she leaped forward, swiftly slicing the beast in half. Instead of the explosion that typically accompanied Rend, the beast separated, before it slowly phased out of existence. This was because it had essentially been erased from the tapestry of fate. The only reason she had used that spell instead of Rend was because she wanted to blow off some steam. That Godless regalia had irritated her.
"Yuuken." She called in order to return her regalia to his "human" form. "I'd forgotten how tiring it was to fight." She commented, her eyes fading to a dull blue, and her hair returning to blonde. Her eyes weren't as bright as they had been before she had meddled with the Godless Regalia's fate.
Nico Nico

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
tumblr_nqkucjMBIk1tzan3fo1_400.jpg

Udeya
A Small Park In Kyoto, Japan
"Shouldn't we do something about that?"

Ude held a leaf above him. A caterpillar had chewed a hole through the middle, leaving the edges brown and crinkled. He turned it over. A small ant was crawling toward his fingers. "Like what?" He turned, looking at Inbu through the hole. His regalia was sitting on the grass next to him, his stare focused on the dark storm clouds in the distance. His shirt was covered in grime and dirt. He looked uneasy.

"God stuff, I don't know," Inbu glanced at him, then back at the storm. "This isn't a normal tornado, I can feel it. It doesn't feel right. The closer it's getting the more I feel... squirmy."

"I don't think that's a word, In," Ude lowered the leaf so the ant could get off, watching it disappear in the grass. "Besides," he said, ignoring Inbu's glare. "The others gods can handle it. How much use would I be to them with a book? And a book that doesn't know what he's capable of, at that." He paused, smiling, "No offense."

"I'm useful," Inbu grumbled.

Ude stared at the closest storm through the hole. "And you shouldn't be worried about them. So what if they die? They'll just come back."

"I'm not worried about them. I'm worried about us. If we're not going to help, then we should move somewhere else. Indoors, at least," Inbu held up a hand when a strong gust of wind blew through the park, ruffling his clothes and making the branches shake. "One of your shrines?"

"I'll move once it's closer," Ude offered.

"Before or after it's on top of us?"

"I'll think about before, if you stop asking me about it." He flicked the leaf at him.

Inbu looked unhappy, but relented, laying down next to him and closing his eyes, "Whatever you say, Ude."

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
dc259d07a536e7221fce016a80f262ca.jpg

Sachi
Alley near Yuu’s House, Kyoto

“C’mon Yuu, let’s head inside,” Sachi pleaded with the human currently digging through a garbage can. “The tornado’s almost’s upon us. I’m sure she’ll understand…”

Sachi may as well have been speaking to a deaf person, for the brown haired man continued to frantically search the trash for the item he’d unintentionally thrown away with little regard for the weather outside. Sachi didn’t understand it. Was the ring so important that Yuu would risk his own life? He’d already been married for 15 years, hadn’t he?

“Just explain it to her when she comes back. Pretty-please, Yuu?”
The spirit attempted to tug the back of Yuu’s jacket with little success. He could no longer sense her presence. Hadn’t for a very long time now. Still, she continued her fruitless attempts anyway. “Yuuuuuu! You’ll die you know… You’ll end up like me…”

Wasn’t that what she wanted? Sometimes. When she was at her highest moments of loneliness, Sachi found herself wishing he’d die so she’d be free. However, those moments never lasted long. He’d do something that reminded her why she’d chosen him. Like now. Braving an incoming tornado to retrieve the ring by which he made his vows to his wife. It hurt Sachi to watch. However, she could never fault him for it. He was simply being Yuu.

Even after so many years, he hadn’t changed.

Sachi glanced up at the dark storm clouds in the distance. A battle was raging there. She knew it. The few gods that had arrived were doing their best to quell the storms, but even where she was far from the chaos, she could tell there were more phantoms in the city than usual. She hoped the spirits living in that place were okay. What was it called again? Limbo?

Sachi had only heard of it in passing. A stray spirit had invited her to come with him once, when he saw she seemed lonely. However, as tempting as it was to play with her own kind, she had rejected his offer. She couldn’t leave. And the reason she couldn’t leave was currently rummaging through trash after a trivial argument with his wife. Humans were so stupid. No. Not humans. Just Yuu. She doubted he would go to safety until he found what he was looking for.

Groaning, the former regalia of Jizo Bosatsu released the frantic man’s jacket and—with only a brief glance at her freshly painted nails—proceeded to join the human in his needle-in-a-haystack search. Even if he’d unknowingly hurt her, even if he made her lonely, Sachi didn’t think she could ever want Yuu dead. She would do whatever it took to protect him whether he could see her or not. Therefore, even though she no longer had a god to worship, even though gods could only hear the wishes of the living, Sachi prayed for a miracle anyway.

That the ring would be found quickly.

That the tornado would abate before it reached them.

That someone would show up to knock some sense into Yuu.

Anything.

(Mentioned: Ian Temero Ian Temero )

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Rin.jpg

Rin Himura
Currently at her home in Kyoto
"Alright and now to....post!" exclaiming out the last word to her sentence, Rin clicked down onto her mouse and watched as a new post loaded itself onto the page she was on. A smile gradually crawled onto her face as she watched the comments flooding in immediately. Most of them full of malice and disgust on the words that Rin posted, but then came the few that agreed on her controversial words further igniting the flame Rin set forth. "That is right fools. Continue to bicker between each other. Feel the anger burn inside. Let it out in the worst and most cowardly way possible," a small maniacal bubbled under her breath as she watched post after post continue to become uglier and uglier. Sure Rin could take the time to slyly spread rumors in her school, but there was a lot more risk in that. With an online presence no one could trace her, not unless they were with the government. Otherwise she was free to say what she wanted to say.

With the winds continuing to howl and banging against windows and walls, the weather had set the tension for Rin. All she needed to do at this point was tip some people over. After all with no one being able to stay outside, the only other place for socialization was online. Although judging by the strength of the far shore storms, her fun would not lasting any longer for the day. Well at least she could continue to prolong it just for a few more hours or minutes, depending on how well the gods are actually doing now with their regalias.

Her happiness was disturbed when she heard a knock on her door and a face she wasn't all too fond of appeared, "My mom wanted me to let you know that there is dinner for you downstairs." Rin looked over to the girl that leaned against her now open doorway, "Only for me? Do you not want to join me?"
"No since I poisoned the food," the girl retorted, "Just go eat before my mom blames me for you not eating." Rin watched as she left without glancing back. It was always like this with her not-cousin. She refers her to this title because they were not blood related but she was her cousin under law. Although Rin would rather call her an acquaintance since she held no emotional ties to the girl. Her not-cousin reciprocated similar feelings due to the shift in favoritism from her to Rin.

"Auntie?" Rin had reached the kitchen and saw the dining table set but her aunt no where to be found. She turned around and looked down either side of the hallway to see if she was about to turn around one of the corners, instead Rin spotted her exiting a room. A grim frown appeared on Rin's face when she recognized the room that she was leaving. It took a bit before the smaller woman whom Rin referred to as Auntie realized her presence, "Oh Rin-chan. I was just leaving some curry for your mom."
"Why would you do that? She's not even here anymore," she nearly hissed her words, except there was a hint of hurt that muffled it more into a mutter. "Rin. You know she is always with you," the older woman attempted to reach out and comfort Rin, but she swiftly rejected it by turning away. The past was in the past, Rin had accepted it so why couldn't anyone else do the same? Her mind then wandered over to another individual who was also stuck in the past, her father.
Or at this point just the lump that lies around as deadweight. It still brought anger into her heart to see how lifeless he had become.

"I think I'll eat in my room for tonight." Rin couldn't stay downstairs any longer, it was suffocating. Her past continued to haunt her downstairs. She just needed out. Quickly the girl grabbed her plate of food and ran back up the stairs before her aunt could protest. Rin hated days like this, when memories came flooding back into her mind. Which then made her feel weak. That was the quality she hated most about herself.

Without even eating her food, Rin escaped from her physical body. She had zoned out as soon as she became a half-Phantom. It wasn't until she heard the cry of a Phantom nearby that she was snapped back to reality. "Tsk. I don't have time to deal with you." Her face scrunched up in annoyance of the Phantom. Rin didn't end the Phantom but she managed to kick it far enough that it allowed her some room to run off.

Eventually she managed to shake off her Phantom pursuer, and ended up on the top of a shrine. She made it out this far, now what? The girl often had a plan or motive in mind when she does things, but tonight she acted on impulse. Rin would have internally scolded herself for doing such a foolish thing, but observing the darkness around her dazzled her. A few lights of Phantoms disappearing appeared at different spots of the skyline, almost appearing like a fireworks show. As she continued to stand there she nearly felt herself becoming sentimental. "Shit I need to focus. How pathetic. Oh! I know what I could do. It's been a while since I've visited my guests." Finally with something in her mind Rin made off to the outskirts of Kyoto, the forest to be exact.

coded by e d e n

Akumu.jpg

Akumu & Yoru
In the midst of a Storm
The god had a kind air around him. His eyes glinted with a light that Akumu was not familiar with, but it contrasted to that of desperation and despair. Was he trying to make Akumu appear like a fool? Although it seemed that he was considering the consequences of the careless offer that Akumu said. But he didn't seem to be rejecting his offer though. This was certainly a new interaction for the black-hair god since it involved such mundane pastries and kindness.

He continued to watch the god and observed as he shot down a Phantom with one of his Regalias. Akumu took a good look at the pistol he held, and then made a mental note to himself that he would have to watch his back around this god. He was sure that he could defend himself with Reiki but if he were to shoot multiple bullets at once...Akumu could not predict if he'd be able to dodge or deflect all of them. It was then the god in front of him introduced himself.

But then he asked for an introduction from Akumu. It was obvious that he couldn't share his actual name. "Nice to meet you Nagi. I am Arashi." Fortunately the god did not ask for his patronage, so Akumu avoided it altogether. "Well Nagi it seems that you have a kind Regalia for him to allow us a share of his donuts," the green-hair god himself did not explicitly say that his Regalia agreed to it, but not really wanting to wait for affirmation Akumu decided to go ahead and take two donuts. One donut for him and one donut for Yoru. "I want to try to the one with sprinkles."

"Don't be so picky," Akumu rolled his eyes to the rather surprising and childish outburst from his Regalia. Upon grabbing the treats, Yoru returned to his human form and grabbed his donut from Akumu's hand. The Blessed Regalia could feel a Phantom crawling up behind him, but he was quick to draw a borderline so that the beast would not disturb his eating time. "I thank you for the food," Yoru looked over to Nagi and bowed before returning to his vessel form.
Akumu had eaten the donut nearly in sync with Yoru, having to pull his mask slightly up before he ate it. "I too thank you for the food. It was an interesting taste compared to sa-" his words were interrupted when he heard his phone ringing, knowing who was calling. "Well that is my cue to go. It was nice meeting you Nagi." Before the other god could say anything Akumu jumped away. From conversations he has overheard from Rin typically a person would add 'See you around' or 'Let us meet again'. But Akumu did not want to say such things since the next time they met would probably not be on friendly terms.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

H1193-L113822868.jpg

Kaname
Kyoto, Middle Of A Storm

"I do mind, but since you're so willing to speak for me, why don't you tell him to put them back in the box and find his own donuts,"

Kana glared at Nagi, but since he didn't actually have a physical form and this was all mostly just in his head, it went unnoticed. He understood why Nagi was doing it, but being spoken for was starting to really irritate him. But he had the sinking feeling that he would have to get used to it. If only it was possible for someone outside of Nagi and Hiname to hear him.

Kana took a good look at Arashi as the dark-haired god and his regalia enjoyed what rightfully belonged to him. Even in an alternate world where Nagi would listen to him, possibly offend another god, and ask him to put them back, they couldn't exactly do that now, could they? What was the mask for again? Had the other god said so while he was busy being annoyed at Nagi?
"So, what's his story? Is his face scarred, or what?" While he waited for someone to answer his very reasonable and not at all rude question, he wondered what they would do now. He was already getting impatient at all this standing around and talking business. All least he was being used while they spoke. He didn't see much point to being in this form if he was just going to be an ornament.

He blinked when he heard... a phone? Before he could process this, Arashi was already gone.
"Took my donuts and left us with a phantom to deal with." Kana already didn't like him.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Life. Life.

coded by e d e n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back