• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom NORAGAMI: Celestial Rites -- a romance driven roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
tayBpCh.jpg

Kimi
Outside Safehouse, Limbo
A small crooked smile appeared on Kimi's face and she agreed with what Kokoro said. She stood silently as the goddess chanted the spell, watching her fingers write in the air before white trailed formed into the character,

""​

As Hasuna finished the incantation, the kanji soon turned dark red and shrunk before it floated towards her and placed itself on the exposed skin towards the right on her waist. Just as the name made contact with the spirit, memories of her past life flooded the mind of the goddess. From her early years in the orphanage full of boys, constant bullying and fighting on the streets. How she got involved with the wrong crowd that eventually let to the icy death of Yuri Kaneda.

Kimi's eyes trained on her new name, it looked like a tattoo to her and she traced a finger over it. Her naming wasn't under the most ideal circumstance. But now that she was bounded to a god, she vowed to do whatever she can for pure spirits. She looked back up with new found determination towards Kokoro and Hasuna, and nodded as she somehow knew what to do. She felt her body change as a white light engulfed her whole. The flash of white soon dispersed, revealing a wolf where Kimi stood. To say it was strange had to be underestimating it, but it felt like second nature to the new regalia as she stood on all fours. In this form, she was shorter; her head reaching about shoulder height of Kokoro. She tested her new body slowly, digging into the dusty ground with her right paw. And she took her first few steps forward, her tail swishing behind her nonchalantly. A scoff like sound came from her as she looked back at Hasuna with a wolfy grin, "So.. Lady Hasuna. What now?" Her voice went to her goddess' mind.

Ian Temero Ian Temero MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

61f1ea131553e807287170e4832ecdb7.jpg

Sachi
Yuu’s House, Bedroom

Sachi.

The regalia’s mouth was slightly ajar, eyes widening in disbelief, as she stared at the character that planted itself on the back of her hand. It was the name Jizo had given her—the one he’d released 40 years ago. The one she thought she’d never be called by again. It had come back to her. The name meaning ‘Good fortune’. How could Azani have known? Did Death Gods have that ability? Sachi shook her head.

No.

There was no way Azani could’ve known. It must’ve been a coincidence. A big coincidence. Blinking away the bit of tears that had formed with her knowing, the essence in the void lifted her gaze to her surroundings. The darkness felt familiar to her even after all these years. The feeling of being held by another. Azani’s hands were softer than Jizo’s. Colder…but it wasn’t by any means a bad feeling.

Sachi glanced determinedly at the chain that manifested even in her weapon form. Alone she wasn’t able to break it. But with Azani helping her she felt like she could. Confidence surged within her. No. Not just ‘felt like’. Could. She could break the line holding her down.

“Let’s shatter it.”

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

N.(Pok%C3%A9mon).full.943067.jpg

Nagi
Kyoto, City Streets

“Haha, that’s quite the regalia you’ve got there Nagi,”
The Travel God suddenly felt Fujin’s arm slinging over his shoulder, the other god’s face close to his even as golden eyes assessed Kana. He couldn’t read Fujin’s thoughts. However, Nagi knew with certainty that his friend/father wouldn’t hurt Kaname. The red-haired god, for as long as Nagi had known him, had always been quite easy-going. “Indeed~ I’m much better at spells dominating the wind than Nagi is. I taught him, you know~”

Kaname hadn’t been respectful, but he hadn’t been rude at least. Well, not terribly so. “Yes, we are done.” Nagi imagined Kaname must be exhausted after the long battle in the storm. Given that it was his first job, the boy had done remarkably well. “I’m sure we can leave the rest of the cleanup to Fujin and his friends.”

Nagi glanced at Fuujin and, while no words had been exchanged, both seemed to come to an understanding as if some sort of silent communication was made. Fuujin winked. “Of course you can! You guys did a good job holding them off until we arrived. Wishes to calm the skies are my responsibility~ Would’ve been here sooner, but Kyoto’s not the only city in the lower realm that’s been struck by bad weather as of late.”

“You’ve been working hard, I see.” Not that he had too. An ancient god like Fuujin, one inscribed into the history books of Japan, wasn’t likely to be forgotten even if he decided to laze about in Heaven for the rest of his eternity.

“Yep, yep~I deserve a medal from Her Majesty given how hard I’ve worked!” Arms folded across his chest, Fuujin nodded to himself. “I’ll be sure to tell her that when I get back. But, more importantly, there’s something I need to warn you about Nagi...”

Nagi blinked when the arm around his shoulder tightened. Meeting Fuujin’s golden eyes, Nagi was surprised by the seriousness in them. “Gods have been disappearing in the lower realm. Normally it’s not a big deal, since minor deities get born and disappear all the time based on the wishes of humans, but lately even the enshrined ones have gone missing…and they haven’t come back. You know the God of Longevity? No one’s heard of him since he’s disappeared in the Lower Realm. Since you spend most of your time here, I thought I’d let you know.”

“You think something’s happened to him?”

“Unless he’s sudden decided to run away and go on strike, like Her Majesty did all those years ago, that’s probably the case. The whole thing about enshrined gods disappearing all because of changing times sounds bogus to me. You think gods who’ve have lived for centuries—had their names stamped in books, TV-shows, little figurines, statues, etc—would just suddenly go ‘poof’ because they aren’t necessary anymore? I don’t see anyone praying to the Goddess of Poverty, but she’s still around making vents and causing mischief. Sumire agrees with me. There’s likely something more sinister going on in the Lower Realm. I’m hoping to have it dealt with it before Her Majesty has to get involved.”

Teal-green eyes flickered to the windbag at the end of Fuujin’s staff. Sumire. Fuujin’s Exemplar—the ancient, bottomless bag that, with Fuujin, played a part in the creation of the world—Fuujin’s first incarnation, at least. Fuujin had never told Nagi how many reincarnations he’d been through in all his years of existence, and Nagi had never asked, but he knew that the incarnation he became acquainted with hadn’t been there during that time. Sumire probably had though, and Nagi trusted her wisdom. “I’ll let you know if I notice something.”

Fuujin smiled. “Appreciated~But it’s enough for me that you do your best not to die. We have no idea which god will reincarnate and which won’t at right now so it’s best not to risk it. That’s what all the festivities up in Heaven are about after all~ They’re imitating the rituals my parents performed hoping it’ll strengthen their existence—not that it turned out very well for them...The last part was muttered quietly before Fuujin seemed to regain his cheeriness. “You should stop by Heaven and check it out. I’m sure your regalias would enjoy it. If you don’t get an invitation, I’ll send you one of mine and you can go in my place. Gods keep sending them to me even though I insist I don’t really want one. It’s not like any of the gods I care for are involved. ”

“I’m grateful,” Nagi replied, deciding not to mention the binding ritual proposals Tatsume had texted him about. He still wasn’t entirely sure what these rituals entailed…but given the way Fuujin was describing them…he could almost hazard a guess. Knowing Fuujin, it would only leave him open for some teasing. “But I have an appointment with Lady Hasuna today at 3:00 pm and I’m hoping to find an inn or something for us to settle in first—“

“Ohoho~Lady Hasuna?” Fuujin smirked. “Well, don’t let me stop you then. I’ve given you my warning about the Lower Realm.” Releasing Nagi’s shoulder, Fuujin walked away waving them goodbye with the glazed donut he’d stolen from the crushed box under Nagi’s arm. “It was nice to meet you Kaname~Do your best to protect your marshmellow of a Travel God.”

And like that, Fuujin took to the now clear skies, the wind zipping him away.

...He’s quite the character, isn’t he?

“Looks like he hasn’t changed since the last time I’ve seen him…” Green hair blowing as the wind spirits whispered their thanks to both wind deities, Nagi sighed and glanced at Kaname. “Are you familiar with the city of Kyoto, Kaname-kun? More specifically, do you have any recommendation for places to stay?” Reaching into the large rucksack strapped to his back, Nagi pulled out a tourist’s brochure and opened it, scanning the contents as he walked down the streets messy streets. Twister aftermaths were never pretty. “Been a while since I’ve been to Kyoto and the buildings keep changing on me…”

I'm hungry. Hiname complained from Nagi's neck. And tired. Oh, and Kaname shot down 73 phantoms since we entered the twister. That's not counting Mr. Frog or the ones before entering the storm.

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
4e2954342598619b85b1728b99fdf298.jpg

Kaname
Kyoto, City Streets

It might have been the worst day of Kana's afterlife. In less than a day, he stumbled upon not one, but two rambling gods. Kana was bored, but patient as Fujin explained why he and the other gods were late, not that it changed his opinion. But the other wind god just kept going on and on and on. Something about disappearances, rituals, and someone named 'Her Majesty'. Fujin bored him. Not in the same way stick-in-the-mud did, but in the way a human could give a speech and leave their audience snoring. It was different, but the result was ultimately the same.

Kana turned and walked away. He stayed close enough that he could hear Nagi if he was called for, but far enough that he could barely hear Fujin. What was being said was meant for Nagi, not him, so what did it matter if he was listening or not? He moved further away, then doubled back, just to keep his legs busy. He wasn't made for a life of standing around and doing nothing. He half-wished Nagi had reverted stick-in-the-mud too, just so he had something to do.

"Huh?" Kana said at first, before the question registered. He glanced around, looking for street names. He hadn't paid much attention to where they were while he was a gun. "Matsubaya Inn," he said with a shrug. "It's not too far from here."

He realized only after he said it that he'd never actually been inside the inn. As a loose spirit, he slept anywhere he wanted to. No one could see him to tell him to leave. Kana closed his eyes, and let stick-in-the-mud's voice distract him. His stomach rumbled in agreement. He reconsidered the name he'd given her when he heard that she'd been keeping count, thinking that she might not be as bad as he thought. He might even upgrade her nickname to pole, or dry paint.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

36c87ab412e9e7d7.jpg

Kokoro
Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

Kokoro knew that when a spirit was claimed by a god that they became a tool but she always thought it was figurative, so she was certainly not expecting it when the hand she was holding sudenly became a handful of fur. "Holy fuck!" she cried, yanking her hand away from the wolf that had just appeared out of nowhere. She guickly looked around for where her friend might have vanished to, before returning her attention to the creature next to her. "Kimi?" She poked her to make sure she was real. "Damn that's freaky."

Interactions: MrThe MrThe RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

tayBpCh.jpg

Kimi
Outside Safehouse, Limbo
Kimi's ears flicked at the sound of her name, and jumped slightly at a poke to her side. She turned her head around to find the accused finger's owner and snorted. She tried speaking through her canine form, but soft growls and broken barks came from her throat instead, sounding like she's clearing her throat and almost like a wolf going through puberty. Finally, Kimi barked clearly at Kokoro. Her four paws clicked against the ground softly as she stood in front of the girl, her tail wagging happily as a cheeky idea popped into her head. She quickly stood on her hind legs and her front legs leaned on Kokoro's shoulders. A wet tongue found the side of her friend's face, slowly making it's way from chin to forehead. Kimi quickly jumped off and pranced towards Hasuna with a toothy grin.

coded by e d e n

Nagi
Kyoto, Matsubaya Inn

Lips quirking upward slightly at Kaname’s apparent inattention, Nagi waited patiently while the regalia took in their surroundings before finally offering a name. Nagi nodded. “Matsubaya Inn, it is”

As Kaname had said, the inn wasn’t far from where they were. Near Kyoto Station in fact. It didn’t take long for them to arrive at the traditional, two-story establishment called Matsubaya Ryokan. Pulling his smartphone from his pocket, Nagi snapped a picture of the inn before pocketing the device and entering the building.

hotel-matsubaya-ryokan-kyoto-station-area-kyoto-01-M.jpg

He had to clear his throat several times to get the innkeeper’s attention. When he did, Nagi booked for them a spacious, tatami-floor room with three futons on the top floor. Good thing Kaname chose a place that wasn’t too expensive. Nagi still had no idea how long he was going to stay in Kyoto. The innkeeper seemed surprised to see guests the morning after a tornado struck the city, but didn’t question the two. In fact, he seemed to forget their presence after showing them to their rooms and handing them their complimentary baskets with a Yukata, toothbrush, etc.

Unrolling one of the futons, Nagi spoke lazily. “Revert, Hina.”

The little girl instantly leapt on the unraveled bedspread, hugging the soft pillow. “Oooooh,yeeeesss! Bed!”

Nagi chuckled. “Don’t fall asleep yet, Hiname-chan. You haven’t eaten yet.”

“Mmm~”

Setting his rucksack—and the crushed box of donuts—to a corner, Nagi freed his windblown, green locks from its ponytail before starting towards their private bathroom, the complimentary basket under his arm. “I’m going to take a bath before eating. If you’re hungry Kaname-kun, the dining room is downstairs. You don’t have to wait.”

Not that Nagi thought he would wait. The boy was the impatient type, after all. Nagi had to admit, he’d found fascination in watching the boy’s movements. It was like watching a caged tiger eager for some action. Or cat. Kaname had clearly been bored when Fuujin spoke of the potential dangers present in the lower realm. Nagi’s newest regalia hadn’t really mask his face well and had chosen to walk away rather than listen. He only involved himself the things that interested him. In other words, Kaname lacked discipline, something that wasn’t too uncommon with humans around his age.

Unfortunately, Nagi wasn’t a good influence in that regard, since he too would consider himself fairly undisciplined for a god. Therefore his mind went to the most disciplined person he knew. The regalia who continued serve him faithfully even if he wasn’t the easiest god to deal with given his wandering ways. The one who did his paperwork, handled his financial matters, received his requests, tended to his house, represented him in Heaven, etc, since Nagi had been unwilling to return. All without complaint and ever blighting him. A model regalia. Many wondered why Tatsume would remain with a master who rarely came home, a question even Nagi himself couldn’t answer since it wasn’t as if Tatsume didn’t have options. However, the divine beast had chosen Nagi and for that he would always be grateful.

Perhaps it was time for him to give Tatsume a call and inform him about the newest member of their family. There was a lot to be done when accepting a new regalia, after all. Kaname came with nothing. Owned nothing. Therefore Nagi wanted to spoil the teen a little. Work would come later…and if Kaname didn’t want to be treated as a plant, there was much he had to learn if he was going to be their travel companion. Hopefully Kaname paid attention when he mentioned to Fuujin about an appointment with Hasuna. Nagi didn't feel like repeating himself.

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Hasuna
Hasuna.jpg
Kyoto, Kokoro's Safe House

She looked at the wolf that was in front of her. What an interesting form that she took, Hasuna never in a million years would have thought that one of her regalia would take the form of a wolf. They are wanderers, nomads, constantly on the prowl, and most of all they are guardians of travellers. Almost the exact opposite of what she was and what she represented. But opposites are not bad, when they are balanced they are complementary, even to the point one cannot exist without the other. Why did this make her think of Nagi? And why was she blushing? She shook her head. Now dear Kimiza we go home. I have been fighting phantoms all night and I'm tired you guys look a bit rough too. So that we get there faster I'm going to teleport, and it's easier if you are all in regalia form. So Kokoroza that means you are going to switch. Ready in 3 2 1 Come Shinki. Kokoro changed into a beautiful long black scarf by touch it seemed to be made of a soft and fluffy material like wool, though it did not look either knitted or woven but was seamless the texture looking as smooth as glass and very glossy. From handling it Hasuna got the feeling of immense strength in the material. She wrapped the scarf around her neck and climbed onto the wolf teleporting them all back to her Kyoto shrine. Revert Yamaza, Revert Goza, Revert Boujouza, Revert Kimiza, Revert Kokoroza. Kimi, Kokoro, welcome to your new home on Earth. We usually stay up at heaven except that I currently have an appointment at 3:00 and time flows differently in the Far Shore. There should be offerings in the fridge and if not we can get something quick at lunch. Right now I'm going to take a bath. The Hot Spring is divided by a natural rock wall and further divided by screens, boys side is on the right, girls side is on the left. The upper hot spring is for me alone. There is also my private chambers the Honden, do not enter without permission. Other than that you may do as you wish and if you need anything Boujouza will help you. I am glad to have you two. You are now Dismissed.
RI.a RI.a Ian Temero Ian Temero

4e2954342598619b85b1728b99fdf298.jpg

Kaname
Kyoto, Matsubaya Inn

Crushed or not those were his donuts, and he was going to eat them. Kana took the box with him as he left the room, looking over the few that survived being tossed around as he went down the hall. He wasn't sure why Nagi felt like he needed to tell him not to wait. Was he expected to? Was he not supposed to go without a god hanging over his shoulder? It almost felt like he had been given permission to eat, and while that normally would have annoyed him, Kana was admittedly tired, and at this point he accepted that not thinking of how his words could be seen by others was just part of Nagi's nature.

Kana finished off the donuts by the time he found the dining room, not that there had been many left anyway. Looking over the breakfast buffet, it was almost unbelievable that he considered eating from the trash the day before. Even if Nagi needed a combat regalia he still felt like he owed him a lot, more than he was willing to admit. Kana ate enough to garner looks from the staff before they forgot he was there, made an attempt to clean up his mess, and when that failed retreated back to their room. Kana passed out on the floor before he could unravel the other futon.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
coded by e d e n

Kokoro.jpg

Kokoro
Outside Safehouse "Limbo"

"Woah, hey, what are you-?" Kokoro started to say as the wolf jumped up on her, but was cut short when a tounge ran up the entire side of her face. "Ughh! Oh my gods! What the fuck, Kimi?" She tried to shove her away, but (wo)man's best friend was already prancing away. Kokoro was going to get her back for this. She didn't know when or how, but it was coming.

She was so focused on getting the slobber off her face that she nearly missed what Hasuna was saying, only catching on when she started to count down. "What? Wait, no! I'm not ready!" But it was too late and she was surrounded in light.

It was a strange sensation, becoming something that she was not. There was a tingling sensation and then there was a white void. It surrounded her, filling her sight, and yet she could still see the world around her. Stranger still was the feeling that she wasn't human anymore; no legs to move, no fingers to feel. She could feel the goddess running her hands through her fabric, could feel every wrinkle shift with every motion. But the strangest part? It felt right, like it was something she had always been able to do, becoming an object, and it scared her. Thankfully it didn't last long as the world shifted around them and sudenly she was back to being human.

Hasuna's Shrine
Kokoro looked around the shrine as Hasuna laid down the ground rules, rules she was barely listening to. She was still trying to wrap her head around everything that had happened in the last hour or so and being turned into a scarf and teleporting had not helped. So when the goddess dismissed them, she turned to the kid who was aparently supposed to help them. "Alright, Bou. Is there a balcony or patio outside I could hang out? I need somewhere quiet to...colect my thoughts, I guess."

Interactions: MrThe MrThe RI.a RI.a

coded by e d e n

Boujouza
Boujouza.jpg
Hasuna's Shrine
I've actually got something much better if you want to collect your thoughts. Here walk through the garden, I've always found it to be perfect for contemplation, just remember to stay on the path and do not walk outside the shrine. It is impossible for you to get lost as the shrine will always be visible from the path. No phantoms can enter the shrine either. If you need me I shall be by the central hearth. It's in the very middle of the shrine. That is unless Kimi also requires my assistance?
Ian Temero Ian Temero

b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
Inside Yuu's house, bedroom

Azani was a little surprised by the warhammer, she guessed not everyone could turn into something that fit her role just right, still it was better than a tiny dagger for her so Sachi would do. Still after this she didn't really want to let Sachi go to wander the world when she could easily become another phantom and with her ability to become attached it was only a matter of time. Azani didn't like that the gods of death like her worked hard to make sure such things didn't happen, though humans died to fast for them to keep up with the new ones and the old. Well those were thoughts for latter right now requests were piling up and Azani had to free Sachi from the chain.

" Lost soul chained to this world by bonds forged of love created by the soul, I Azani free you in my name, shatter Kotowaru" Azani said as she raised the hammer and brought it down on the chains. The chains would seem to become even more solid before cracks of light appeared running through the chains before it completely shattered leaving only a little hanging off the end of Sachi.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

61f1ea131553e807287170e4832ecdb7.jpg

Sachi
Yuu’s House, Bedroom

Sachi was still the same after the chain broke. She still remembered Yuu. Her feelings for the human hadn’t changed. It was just that the regalia now felt…refreshed. Liberated. She was finally free to go where she wanted. She was no longer bound to Yuu. Sachi smiled, tears of joy glimmering in her eyes as feelings of honest gratitude emerged from the depths of the regalia’s soul. Feelings that her new goddess undoubtedly felt.

“Thank you, Goddess Azani.”

A glance at the window of Yuu’s bedroom showed that night had given away to morning and the storm was finally over. Yuu was still sleeping. His usual glasses weren’t on his face, which made him look somewhat younger. They had likely been broken when the corpse fell atop him. Giggling at the memory, Sachi recalled the reason Yuu had been out in the storm in the first place.

“I’m going to find Yuu’s ring,” Sachi declared. “I’ll give it to him when I explain things to him.”

That had been Azani’s second condition for saving Yuu’s life. Sachi kept her promises. Even after 40 years, the she kept her promise. That was how Jizo taught her to be. The chain was a burden. It made her miserable…but it was also probably what kept her from becoming a phantom. It didn’t let her cross the line. It didn’t let her go anywhere. In a way, Yuu saved her as well. Therefore she owed him a thank you. Besides, returning Yuu’s ring gave her a good excuse to talk to him since he probably didn’t remember her.

Not that she knew what to say.

Sighing, the dark haired regalia twirled a lock of hair around her pointer finger as he formulated in her mind what to say to Yuu. It wasn’t as if she could search in her weapon form anyway.

“Will you help me find it, Azani? Pretty please~” Needle-in-a-haystack searches through garbage cans were more bearable if she wasn’t doing it by herself.

Karcen Karcen

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Shizuya

Shizuya sighed, noting that her Regalia had been more quiet than usual today. Instead of berating him for it she found herself feeling guilty. It was likely her fault.
She turned towards him, about to say something when the next wave of gods finally arrived. She smiled.
"It looks like we can get out of here." She commented brightly. She noticed that one of the other gods was staring at her in shock, clearly surprised to see her here.
"And time to go!" She said with a slight grin. She didn't want to answer any questions, and she was almost certain that if she was still around when word got around of her presence someone would demand a reading. She grabbed Yuuken's hand and kind of dragged him with her as she jumped off the edge of the rooftop onto another one, leaving the storm behind her.
"These are troubling times, Yuuken! And troubling times means that everyone always wants to bother me. Oh Shizuya, what's my fate? No! Go away. The other gods don't seem to understand what I tell them anyway." She complained, continuing to run. She was trying to find some hotel somewhere.
"I'd say we could go home, but we still have some puzzles to piece together."

Tags: Nico Nico
7880ed1629f8c7d99896e3c1626c15add78e6bfb_00.jpg
Code by ~ ~ B e a u t y _ B e l l e

Last edited:
b03eab557b369731627cd2927e9b64ee46260514.jpg

Azani
Inside Yuu's house, bedroom

It was a hard choice the connection had just been cut, such an act might reforge it, sometimes it was best to know when to step away and understand that was enough. Still Azani did fear the blight that might come if Sachi didn't like finishing things with Yuu, her regret might grow and blacken into true issues and Azani did not know how it would affect her. The two of them were not of the near shore anymore they should distance themselves and leave the matters of the living to the living.

" You and I are not a part of the near shore, we should leave such matters of the living to the living" Azani explained " Not everything can or should be solved by gods, as even a tiny event like the loss of a ring can lead to something greater" Azani explained for if humans did nothing, if they lost nothing they could not grow.

it wasn't the most straightforward message but well you had to have a light touch in such matters they all had to just enough to keep belief alive but not to much to coddle humans into complacency. it was a thin line they had to walk, one easy to cross for it would seemingly only be good for both parties but it would lead to destruction. It was softness that allowed phantoms to form, negative emotions humans felt and could not control and in turn it controlled them.

" So it would be best if we left, and let Yuu figure things out himself, sometimes having things handed to you invites darkness more than suffering would" She finished knowing this from experiance.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

coded by e d e n

Shizuya

Shizuya continued dashing across rooftops while dragging Yuuken behind her, putting more distance between herself and the many gods that had arrived to destroy the storm. She found herself thinking of when she used to be an extremely social goddess. It brought a brief smile to her face. She used to have so many friends. The old her would have been ashamed of how she was acting right now, running away from the others.
And yet she continued to run. She became so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice that another person shared her rooftop, and her path. Due to her wandering mind she ran straight into the other person, who seemed to have also been running, but in the opposite direction of her. She fell to the ground, likely dragging poor Yuuken with her.
"Hey!" She exclaimed, clearly annoyed. "Who just goes running across rooftops?" Shizuya asked as she started to stand up. She hoped no one would call her out on the irony of that question. She still did not look at who she had run into.
...smells nice...
Shizuya paused upon hearing that. "....Excellent."

Tags: Nico Nico S n o w S n o w

s3CuzOr.jpg

Kimi
Hasuna's Shrine
Home? Was it alright for Kimi to call somewhere else a home so soon? After what happened to the rest she shared one with? She kept her thoughts to herself, glancing towards Kokoro briefly before she transformed. She huffed out slightly as Hasuna got on, a little surprised by her weight and ability to carry someone on her back. But soon enough, they were in front of a shrine. One with a VERY big garden. Her body changed back again to her normal human form. And she continued to awe at the sight before her while Hasuna was talking, only catching the words 'hot spring' and 'dismissed'.

Upon hearing Kokoro's intention, she nodded to herself, deciding to leave her friend alone to sort out her own thoughts. She respected that she needed her space. She turned to face Boujouza as he asked her a question. And as if on queue, a long growl sounded from her stomach. She groaned lightly as a hand clutched her abdomen, the growl making her feel weak and hungry. "Yeah... You can show me where the food is. Something warm would be preferable." Kimi wasn't sure if they would have hot food, but she sure as hell wouldn't be complaining if there wasn't. "Join me when you feel like it?" She asked, directing it at Kokoro.

coded by e d e n

tumblr_nqkucjMBIk1tzan3fo1_400.jpg

Udeya
A Rooftop In Kyoto, Japan
"Watch-!"

Ude stumbled back when he collided with another person.

"...Out."

Looking down at her, he knew she wasn't human. Humans wouldn't be running across rooftops, for one. He didn't think she was a regalia either. Any loose spirits would probably be running more away from a phantom than towards one. Which meant that she was a god. Ude didn't have time for it, since he was still being chased, but he took a few seconds to look over the boy next to her. A regalia. He'd seen but never met anyone else like Raiki before. He never tried to.

"That thing is going to eat them. Tell them to get out of here."

Raiki didn't realize she was a god. It was too late for that anyway, since the phantom was already crawling onto the roof. Ude looked at it. He could leave this other god and let her deal with the phantom. Maybe that was why she came here. Or he could try and lure it away. Ude knew he could outrun it. Eventually. Though he still needed to apologize for running into her, and a second away from being eaten wasn't the best place to do it.

"I'll make it up to you," she fell and he didn't, after all. "But for now, if he's a weapon, you should use him. Quickly."

Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver Nico Nico

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Boujouza
Boujouza.jpg
Hasuna's Shrine
Ah, yes. I believe Lady Hasuna explained where to find victuals but I understand why you did not catch all of that. Lady Hasuna can be a bit Brisk at times and also sometimes forgets that it is a bit disorienting to be teleported if you are not used to it. Not to mention that it is very overwhelming when you are first named. Normally Lady Hasuna is very accommodating and personally oversees the transition of new regalia. Being a model Hostess is extremely important to her, honestly she is acting quite out of character. But of course all this talk does nothing to show you where the food is. Here, walk with me, we all live in the Honden except for the inner sanctum which is Lady Hasuna's private quarters. It contains all of the living space, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, etc.
Ian Temero Ian Temero RI.a RI.a

Shizuya

Shizuya frowned as she watched the incredibly disturbing phantom do some sort of demon crawl up the side of the building. She took a brief moment to look at who she had run into, quickly registering him as a god for a number of reasons. She didn't actually recognize him, which was a little odd considering she had at least met a good portion of the gods at one of the many parties she had hosted in previous years.
She would have responded to his promise to make it up to her later had there not been a more pressing matter at hand.
"I'm sorry, Yuusei." She stated after she had helped him up. When she said his name he transformed into his vessal form, falling lightly in her hand. She was apologizing both for dragging him down with her and not giving him time to rest after using Sunder. If it took energy out of her it likely took energy out of him as well.
She observed the phantom as it crawled madly towards her, noting that it wasn't the fastest phantom she had ever seen. It wasn't particularly slow, either.
Shizuya launched herself at the phantom with narrowed eyes, wanting to make quick work of it. She had better things to do than fight when she thought she was done!
I mean, sure she had no room to complain. She had only killed one other phantom today. But still. She didn't come to the near shore for cleanup.
Shizuya severed two of the phantom's limbs, inhibiting its movement before she started to chant the words necessary to use Rend.
She darted around the injured and confused phantom that was somehow still viciously trying to catch her as she chanted.
She ran her hand across Yuusei's blade as she finished the spell. "Rend!" She lifted the sword aloft and swiftly slice the phantom in half, effectively destroying it.
It was then that she turned towards the God she had run into. "You should be at a shrine if you have no weapon." She scolded lightly. "Are there any more?"
Shizuya didn't transform Yuusei back simply because she didn't want to have to change him again if another phantom decided to join the party.

Tags: Nico Nico S n o w S n o w

large.jpg

Ame

Random Kami Shrine/City Streets(Kyoto)

The Nora nodded at the mention of work needing to be done. Unbeknownst to the goddess however a creeping feeling crawled up the woman's spine. Faint but apparent none the less as it chilled the regalia to the bone. She paused before apologizing to the kami before her. One goddesses tasks must wait as another god required her aid.
"Azani, I hope you call on me again soon...be safe"
The girl breathed before turning and sprinting down the winding road as the nagging urge the back of her mind pulled her toward him.
She had not seen him in so long and thought he had forgotten her long ago but now he needed her. She cursed under her breath as her eyes fell upon the storms fading presence. This meant that the gods had finally combated the threat of the phantoms however if they were there....he was definitely in danger.
The last she knew he had no weapon oriented regalia and she was used as his best defense against such threats.

Ame crossed an empty crosswalk just before the railings of a train crossing came down barely passing through unscathed.
Her breaths were sharp and rapid as she forced her body in the direction of where felt she needed to be.
"Call for me...damnt!...Call my Name Ude!!!"
She cried out desperately as her foot hold faltered and she slipped against the cool wet pavement. Her body clambered hard across the black top as she winced from her fatigue and the scrapes that now would form bruises on her arms and knees.
Taking a few breaths she pushed herself back up and kept on running against the rainfall, against the calming wind, against time itself....

Mentioned

Karcen Karcen
S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Hasuna
38aea02dc029dafdced1d15d81d08b90--good-mother-anime-pregnant.jpg
Kyoto, Hasuna's Shrine

Soaking in the hot water Hasuna tried to relax, Hasuna knew that she was shirking her duty as a hostess by leaving her newest additions, which at any other time would be unforgivable, but now, more than anything she needed to speak with her exemplar. At first glance most would think that Boujouza held this position, an understandable mistake to make. He was older at the time of his death, took care of many duties that were normally reserved for the exemplar, especially in the day to day running of the household. But there was a reason Yamaza was her Exemplar, the one she turned to. Why he was her Hafuri Vessel. Behind the screen she said, I need your advice Yamaza. Oh silly HaHa of course you do. Yes YaYa, what do I do about the unrest happening. Why what a silly question HaHa. You know exactly what to do. It's what you always do, Give them a home. A sanctuary that is the calm in the storm. I don't know why you need me to tell you that. Before you go YaYa, about that meeting with Nagi. Yes. You like him HaHa, don't deny it, you're blushing. No, thats just the- Gosh YaYa! You can be so childish sometimes! *angry splash* I cant believe I fell for it! You're still behind the screen. Silly Silly HaHa, you know better than to try to hide things from me. I've known you too long. *pause while Haha pouts a bit* Are you feeling better now? *Sigh* Yes, thank you YaYa. Good. Now you can see to the new additions. And that was why he was her exemplar, even though he died when he was 5, he has had thousands of years to learn and grow. Not to mention that when he was alive he was already very perceptive. So much so, that he was about to begin training as a monk before he drowned during a flash flood.​

tumblr_nqkucjMBIk1tzan3fo1_400.jpg

Udeya
A Rooftop In Kyoto, Japan

Ude could only watch the other god fight off the phantom. Unless he was going to throw Raiki at it and hope for the best, there wasn't much he could do. He kept his distance until she destroyed the phantom. He couldn't help, but he could stay out of the way.

"Another god that doesn't think I'm useful either," Raiki sulked.

Ude ignored him. "I didn't think they would come for me this far away from the storm, since so many other gods were fighting it," he told the other god, avoiding the part about being in a shrine. "And no, I don't think anymore followed me. But thank you for the help," he started to bow, unable to help himself, but luckily was interrupted when he heard someone cry out from nearby. He quickly aborted the action and turned away before he could see how the other god reacted, moving to the edge of the rooftop.

"Gods don't bow to other Gods," Raiki said helpfully.

Ude dug his fingers into the stupid, useless book and heard a snort in his head. He spotted someone down below. It looked like she was running in their direction, and it didn't like coincidence. He half-turned back to the other god. "Is that one of yours down there?"

Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver Nico Nico VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

coded by e d e n

Last edited:

Nagi
Kyoto, Matsubaya Inn

Nagi exited the bathroom, dressed in the plain blue yukata provided to him by the innkeeper. However, unlike what one would expect from someone who’d just come out of the bath, the Travel God’s long, green hair was dry—a work of the wind spirits that liked to play with his locks. Also, instead of a towel, he carried with him in each hand 5 pink boxes tied together with a rope. 75 donuts, packed 15 per box, for Kaname and Hiname. Since Nagi had purchased in bulk, the café owner decided to gift him with a couple of extras free of charge.

Hiname looked up from her solo game of solitaire. “Wow, you actually bought them? I didn’t think you were serious.”

“When have you ever known me to lie, Hiname-chan?” Nagi-replied, depositing the boxes of donuts at the corner of their room, next to Kaname’s empty one. He looked to his new regalia who was sleeping on the floor even though 3 futons had been laid out. The other two were likely done by Hiname. “Kaname-kun must’ve been really tired.”

Hiname rolled his eyes. “Doofus pigged out a ton, then fell asleep.”

"He worked hard." For a new regalia with as much experience as a plant, 73 phantoms in a twister was nothing to scoff at. The minor wind deity whispered to the invisible nature spirits who always traveled with him. Not long after, the teenaged regalia was gently lifted into the air and tucked into the futon, by the soft touch of the wind.

“More importantly, Lord Nagi, how do you propose we carry all those donuts? You know they’ll only go to waste if we can’t finish them all before we return to the road. I like sweets, but even I can only handle so much...”

Nagi shrugged. Constant travel meant that light packing was more efficient. However it wasn’t as if he never bought souvenirs or gifts for his regalias. “I’ll just drop them off at one of my road shrines if we can’t finish them.”

“Tatsume’s going to glare at you for wasting money again.”

Nagi chuckled. Tatsume never yelled at him. Never lectured his god, since that was “inappropriate”. However, he expressed his dislike in various other ways. Like shorting Nagi’s travel budget when it seemed like his god was spending too much of his funds on frivolities. “That reminds me, I told Tatsume about our newest family member. When we visit Heaven, you’ll notice some changes to the house.” New clothes. New bedroom. Nagi left the all the details of providing regalia necessities to Tatsume since he was better at it. Surprisingly, Tatsume was pleased enough by Nagi finally picking up a weapon that he offered to have a shooting range built in their garden. His divine beast, who hated wasting money, had called it an investment. Nagi glanced at the clock in their room. It was still early morning, but being a traveler, Nagi was used to various time zones. Both he and Hiname used were well adapted to lack of sleep since Nagi enjoyed traveling like a human. “So then, shall we eat, Hiname-chan? I’ll play cards with you afterwards.”

Hiname nodded, gathering the cards and putting it together in a neat deck before following the Travel Gods down the stairs to the dinning room. Nagi liked sharing a meal with others, whether it was around a campfire or at a coffee shop. It was one of the joys of traveling. Besides, he thought it was human tradition that family ate together.

S n o w S n o w

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
Hasuna
38aea02dc029dafdced1d15d81d08b90--good-mother-anime-pregnant.jpg
Kyoto, Hasuna's Shrine

Hasuna finished her bath before going down to the kitchen where she ran into Boujouza and Kimiza getting something to eat. Lady Hasuna, I see you have finished your bath. I was just showing Kimi where the kitchen is. That is great Boujouza, do you want some tea? We can chat a bit over some tea.

s3CuzOr.jpg

Kimi
Hasuna's Shrine
A deadpan look washed over Kimi's face as Boujouza rambled on. She was getting pretty annoyed fast as her eye twitched impatiently. Finally he offered to take her to the kitchen and she let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. "Finally," She muttered as she fell into step behind him. Once they reached the room, she darted towards the big rectangular object she knew as a fridge. She shivered slightly at the rush of cool air, but her eyes scanned the shelves of the food provider. Drooling at the sight of a full fridge with fresh ingredients and... desserts! She shoved a cupcake into her mouth and grabbed as much as she could with her two hands.

Surely a comical sight as Kimi ravaged the fridge, sounds of stuff shifting within and muffled moans about how good the cupcake was while it was still in her mouth. Soon enough she placed all that she wanted to eat on to the counter behind her, kicking the door shut with her foot. Her purple eyes gleamed in excitement, the food seemed to sparkle in all their glory before her. She managed to grab a few more of those cupcakes and a box full of chocolate bark and some sort of strawberry pie, then some meats, vegetables and mushrooms. "Hey hey Bou, could you make ramen?" She asked with her mouth still full. The corner of her lips stained with frosting, she pushed the fresh ingredients towards him, suggesting he use it for the dish. She grabbed another cupcake just as Hasuna walked in.

"Look at all the sweets!" Kimi exclaimed like she found treasure, "I can eat as much as I want, right?"

MrThe MrThe

coded by e d e n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back