• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nine Billion Names

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Perhaps he was given a name, but decided to go by something else. I like unusual or confusing names, like Tally or something.

Phew, character is finally ready for showing.
I've tried fulfilling with Imzada a certain role in the party, careful not to steal anyone else's thunder. In my experience that is important in long-term games, otherwise one quickly burns out under presumption that they are not accomplishing anything.

With that said, anyone want to have a bit of a backstory with my character? I imagine it was quite a journey in itself, traveling from her home to the monastery (where I presume we take the Scroll?). So I guess there is room for an introduction between characters if anyone wants.

Hello friends :>
I would like to try and make my own character, even if it's super complicated. I believe I've played a similar sort of rpg with my brother, so I'm sorta familiar.

Hello and welcome to the game!

Last edited:
I don't know if they'd have existing history, but Beaten Dog is gonna be thrilled to meet someone so obviously in need of an escape from their self-imposed chains.

I would love to have some involvement between Aym and your character!

Oh that would be awesome. Reading your posts so far, it seems you have already developed the fundamental idea of your character. Just to clarify, Aym does not have a demonic essence as a fibre of their being? They are a draconic pet/experiment, right?
I don't know if they'd have existing history, but Beaten Dog is gonna be thrilled to meet someone so obviously in need of an escape from their self-imposed chains.

I agree, but I figured GM would not mind if we start the game under the presumption that some of our characters are not total strangers. Perhaps a greeting as they were looking for the monastery or a conversation in the pilgrim's lodge as the demon monks finished the Scroll?

It seems both of our characters have the essential dichotomy of order - chaos as core of their philosophy, so I was hoping that this concept and how they perceive it, would be a fertile ground on which to start some interaction, yes?

I think there is a lot of potential in that.

Oh that would be awesome. Reading your posts so far, it seems you have already developed the fundamental idea of your character. Just to clarify, Aym does not have a demonic essence as a fibre of their being? They are a draconic pet/experiment, right?
Yep, they were made in a sort of attempt to create life or something. He has no demonic essence or anything.

I think Beaten Dog probably pretends to be the gatekeeper or a monastery servant whenever he's not Actively Monking, so they would definitely have opportunities to interact. She's not so much about order/chaos as much as controlling/being controlled, but that's still rife with opportunities for the two to philosophically wrestle.

A possibly handy other thread to look at, for an idea of what Demons are mostly like Other - A Taxonomy of the Demon Realm

I was planning to start you off at the Monastery of the Scripturient Hand where the scroll was written, with opportunities for characters to join a little later if it fits (Beaten Dog definitely has to be in scene one; others might not join for a while - although it looks like we can condense that and get everyone involved fairly soon),

If anyone has ideas for how they'd like to be introduced, like existing situations they're in that the party might resolve, that could be fun. Think meeting Sten in his cage in Dragon Age: Origins.

Last edited:
I think Aym could be introduced by him just wandering around and noticing what they're doing, and ending up stopping to watch. Unless that's too convenient, we can work something else out.

Might be fun if they learned their martial art from the same master Beaten Dog ate studied under.
Maybe they just want to vist the biggest city and it's easiest to travel with companions - Hell is very dangerous, afterall.

Yeah, let's go with them having the same master. Perhaps they have even acquainted themselves with Beaten Dog before, but never really got to know them.

We all alive?
I've been exhausted by work (even now, people are falling for phishing scams and I have to clean up), but I'll have that martial art soon, and throw up an opening post for a few of you too. Later tonight if I have a restful nap and can focus on non-work stuff for a bit.

Strife of the Open Mouth Soon; I am very tired.

Cyybil Cyybil

Strife of the Open Mouth
A matter of personal enlightenment for some Devourers, this style weaponizes the essential hunger of the practitioner with an empahsis on grappling, biting, and eating the opponent.
Some treat this as a very intimate act and reserve it for special foes, others believe one takes on the stregnth of the consumed. Rarely practiced by non-Demons, but sometimes seen performed by certain Vampires, Communers, and mutants.

The Open Mouth
Form Technique
The practioner adopts a wide, sure-footed stance, ready to grasp and bite.
Increase Offence on Grapple attacks by 2, and gain 2-die defensive bite once per round when an enemy strikes for your head.

Famishing Strike
Teach the enemy true hunger, and demonstrate your mastery of the will to devour.
A striking attack, which if successful inflicts a -2 Offence penalty on the target for three turns. If this is stacked three times, the enemy becomes berserk, switching the penalty to their Defence and forcing them to try and bite the nearest target.

Blood Scent
Many creatures, exposed to the smell of blood and the sight of wounded prey, enter a frenzy of hunger. Make this your strength.
If any participant in a battle begins to bleed, the martial artist gains +1 die on all bite attacks. This increases for each bleeding fighter.

Bloody Roar
Rip the flesh. Spread the ribs! EAT THE HEART!
After any successful bite, the practitioner can sacrifice 2 Combat Pool to roar through the blood on their lips.. Roll Bearing, with difficulty set by techniques known in this style. Enemies who roll less successes on their Willpower to resist fear lose 2 Combat Pool when targeting the practitioner.

The True Strife
Pinnacle Technique

Hunger is all consuming. It is the fundament of being. Master hunger to master yourself. Be as the void; primal and serene.
The practitioner unhinges their jaw and lunges at a foe. If the target is Grappled, add +2 dice to this attack. If the attack deals double the target's Fitness in damage, they are devoured whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back