• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nine Billion Names

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I never got around to clearing the third one, but I know it involved wizards being jerks, so Wael is likely. I really enjoyed Fighter (Tactician)/Cipher (Ascendant), which had some really stupid synergies.

Never got around to trying multi-classing much because I'm relentlessly weird about flavour and mechanics, even though I thought Monk/Barb looked like the funniest shit.

For EbonChevalier EbonChevalier - I may want to tweak it further, and you can feel free to play with the flavour text

Scintillating Samba Style
Living, fighting, speaking, loving - if we are all playthings of the gods, let us be beautiful and sublime. Let the bright flame of life burn within us, and the heartbeat of creation match our own and guide our feet. Let our partners change; in love or death. Now, give me your hand!
Best combined with taloned feet, claws, or spurs.

Scintillating Samba Form
Stance
Even base reality has a rhythm and a beat you can kick to; feel it and let the music carry you.
In this stance, gain +2 to Defence - Dodge. Double this bonus when you use a Dodge to reposition around a target, or switch targets.

Take The Lead
Step in close, take their hand; help them to live the fullest before they fall most still.
Target the opponent's foot or equivalent (get that instep) with an savage stamping strike, hobbling them by reducing Speed by 1 in addition to any damage. The downside is your bonus from the Form is halved for the rest of the turn.

Quickstep
One step, back step, go left, go right - what's wrong, can't you keep up?
An evasive move which allows you to reposition around your target. After using this, gain +2 dice on your next attack.

Next!
One partner gets boring - there are so many others yet to dance, and won't waiting for this one again be so much the sweeter, like a lover after an absence? Like the victory always on the horizon? Like the longed-for death of the living dead?
A combined evasion move and attack - change to a new target with an attack while negating the penalty from using Take The Lead. Additionally, treat this as a Stealth Attack

Intermission
Pinnacle Technique
Time for the band to choose the next song. A few moments to get another drink. Ugh, ins't this one clingy?
A killing technique - a kick at the most vulnerable spot, cutting arteries and breaking bones. For every other technique of this Style used so far in the combat, this attack deals +1 damage with no cap.

Hello friends :>
I would like to try and make my own character, even if it's super complicated. I believe I've played a similar sort of rpg with my brother, so I'm sorta familiar.

Hello friends :>
I would like to try and make my own character, even if it's super complicated. I believe I've played a similar sort of rpg with my brother, so I'm sorta familiar.

Very cool and I commend the effort. I and most other players here will no doubt be willing to help. Some stuff is clarified in the thread so far.
What kind of character are you thinking? Demon, human, even a vampire? Why would they be involved with this journey and what kind of being are they?

I would like to have maybe something dragon-related (because I'm obsessed with dragons for some reason), and I think maybe they could have ended up in Hell for some reason and decided to come along simply because it sounded interesting to them? I don't know how to make a character and ensure it isn't cringy.

Draconid is a thing we can do. Dragons in this setting are... theologically complex.

So let's consider - a Demon which resembles a dragon in some way, or a mutant made by a mad wizard?
And in either case, your usual fire-breathing dragon or something weirder?

I would be happy with a mutant made by a wizard! I'd like them to spit a sort of acid-venom thing, something that can melt stuff.

I would be happy with a mutant made by a wizard! I'd like them to spit a sort of acid-venom thing, something that can melt stuff.

Absolutely possible as either a mutant or a Demon. I'm thinking a Magus who has built themselves a laboratory in some far flung corner of Hell created them as part of ongoing megalomaniacal experiments in creating life, based on a human template with a nice splash of wyvern.
We can figure out why exactly they're out on their own and on this quest when we hammer down some details of their existence.

So what kind of person do you think they are? Created and raised by a Magus powerful enough to claim their own space in Hell, who probably abandoned their own human form centuries ago. Someone prone to making life and then, perhaps, ignoring it once they lose interest. Maybe they had a family of sorts among the other creations and possible Demon servants of their creator. Raised in the strangeness of the Demon Realm, so they're used to it insofar as anyone can be. The inherent corruptive power of the place hasn't yet taken root in their soul. Maybe it can't.
What kind of parent - or god - do you think their maker was? How do you think they feel about themselves?
Do you think they've recently left the next, or been on their own for a while?

You don't need to know the answers right away; it's stuff to think about. You probably know the kind of person you want to play and we can figure out how they got there.

If you want a pre-existing character relationship, yours truly was enslaved and reshaped by an undead archmage. You might have been part of efforts to grow a new, living body and therefore regain the power of a living magus. Just a possibility, though.

I think their creator simply created them and treated them well for a while, but as they lost interest, they began treating their creation just as another servant. So the mutant descended into carelessness, paying little attention to misfortune and just doing things for fun. They eventually leave their creator, deciding to wander and seek adventure. They don't see themselves as anything more than a traveler. They've been alone for a while. (also, I like the idea of having some sort of relationship with Spiderheart Spiderheart 's character)

Alrighty. Do you think they got drawn into the monastic life or martial arts? If you had to pick a driving motivation, a virtue or vice that really encapsulates them, what would it be?

They were drawn into martial arts, mostly Krav Maga. A main motivation for them would be to be well known and/or have lots of currency so that they don't have to worry about their next meal.

So I'm working on drawing a sketch of what they would look like, do they wear clothes and stuff?

RPG character.png
Alright, here's what I think they should look like! I'm still trying to think of a name, and I think they're a he.

I've added a short Martial Arts blurb to describe Beaten Dog's pseudo-style. As far as the referenced styles go, Turning Worm style is designed for baiting foes by letting them hit you and then sucker-punch/bite/stabbing them; the Masks of Shahrazad are a set of maneuvers for shapeshifters designed to overwhelm an adversary with uncertainty; and the Strife of the Open Mouth is a style centered on eating your adversaries alive mid-fight.

Ooh, I'd like for him to have the Strife of the Open Mouth, and make good use of all those wacky orange teeth.

Yep, that's what I would like for his fighting style. I'm still trying to think of a name for him, any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back