• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Newcastle (Open!!)

Characters
Here

Dalton Kirby

This was a lesson Damien Slater had learned well, or not given that he still pulled the bullshit that he did, and it was also a lesson that the bastard from earlier had come very close to learning. Don’t test Dalton. Don’t provoke him. He had never hit a woman before, shocking to some perhaps, but he was coming dangerously close. Ashton West seemed determined to push every button he had and shatter his patience. If not for the fact that he was already in shit, because of her, and her stupid lies, he would have probably lost it, both with her and the guy earlier and no, he didn’t let the guy earlier go because of liv. He let him go, and he was holding onto his last threads of self control with Ash now, because of his fucking scholarship. His ticket out of this hell hole, out of this life. Away from the fucking rats he had to call family and the sewer trash he shared a house with.

“Don’t test me.” He growled as he approached Ash, walking into her space, backing her up, using his full height of 6’3 to tower over her tiny frame as he glared at her. “That slimy bastard earlier already tried and I’m sure he and his hand can tell you in great detail exactly how bad of an idea that can be.”

Part of him wished the man was here right now so he could rip him limb from limb instead to work out some of the rage that was tensing up his body. Seriously how fucking long did it take someone to get a key? And how fucking stubborn and idiotic was this tiny girl in front of him? Because he could feel the last threads of his patience and reason slowly snapping away.

mood
Don't fucking test me

outfit
casual but now shirtless

playing...
song title here

by artist here

mentions
Damien

interactions

Ash

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: ... wait what

OUTFIT:
spicy heck boy
INFO

WITH: raven

MENTION: jade​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
Deo V. Solomon
torture

If Raven had been anyone else, Deo would’ve immediately told her to stop picking Jack Skellington's head sticker, and without saying “please”.

Actually, he almost did, but his mind kind of buffered when he heard her next words.

“I say we just go for it, it’s one date. We don’t like it… we don’t have to go through with it.”

Did he hear that right? Was Raven suggesting a real relationship? With each other? That had to be what it meant.

He regarded the old out-of-tune guitar across the room, and after a moment or two, he returned his gaze to Raven.

Not everything has to be about sex.

Continuing to be another pair of friends with benefits would be easier. He met plenty of guys who would choose that path and argue that it was practical and more fun—but he also thought most of those guys as selfish, shallow bastards who need to learn how to shut up about their boring sexcapades.

Crossing his arms over his bare chest, slouching beside Raven, Deo looked up at the ceiling, studying the basic bronze antique chandelier with five curlicued arms—only two lights worked. “So… basically, it’s a test run.”

Like a machine. Or an experiment, but sounds cliché. Maybe an expedition? This was a new and mysterious territory he was dipping into.

Unlike Jade, Deo was not against dating and relationships. He knew love was real, but… Well, he didn’t many great examples for inspiration. His parents were only in a two-month fling that conceived Deo, and then his mom’s next boyfriend ditched her shortly after Deo’s younger half-brother was born. His cousin’s mom had a series of short-lived and failed relationships, despite trying to make them work and being a good person.

Recently, he learned his birth father was a divorced man. How many ex-wives Mr. August Solomon had, Deo didn’t know yet, and secretly hoped it wasn’t a lot.

Deo himself had more rejections than dates and encounters. In fact, he’d never been on an actual romantic date. His only experiences were a handful of hookups and one-night stands with strangers he barely remembers, and no genuine pillow talk even if he’d wanted to try. Funny thing was, at least to him, Deo understood why he gets rejected.

If his family was cursed to suffer a doomed love life, he wouldn't be surprised.

But still...

Raven was offering. She hadn’t rejected or dropped him so far, and Deo couldn’t understand how and why. He was a weird, sarcastic asshole to almost everyone he meets, and could be so much worse if he wanted to, like how he used to be in Chicago years ago.

Somehow, he felt less of an asshole whenever he was alone with her.

“Okay,” Deo finally said after a minute. He turned his body more towards Raven and scooted a little closer. “Let's do it. One test date. If it goes all right, we can try another if you wanna make sure. If you want another test date.”

His thumb brushed over the eye tattoo on the back of Raven’s wrist, then slowly trailed down to small stars on the back of her hand. The lines around the small eye reminded him of his own eye tattoo on his forearm.

“Y’know, I can still teach you those F-chords right now. Or…” He nodded in the direction of the staircase. A puckish smile curved his lips. “We can finally test those jets in my new bathtub before you do your interview thing tonight. It can hold at least two people.”
code by valen t.

Last edited:
star
de la cruz
worried, amused
https:///www.star-de-la-cruz.com/i-just-got-here-lady/
Star's mind was on a whole other planet while he drove to the fairgrounds.

He had heard that his former lover and shameful secret, Theo, had moved to L.A., so at least he did not have to worry about that drama...although Star was not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. He still thought of Theo often...

He knew that Carmen was still in town, but he had not yet run into her. Luckily, through socializing at the fourth of July party, he discovered that she had not, in fact, outed him in his absence. And everyone he'd talked to since seemed to have no idea about his cheating on her or why he had just suddenly disappeared.

Carmen had been consumed with anger that night, but would she still be? How would she react if/when she saw Star? Could she have seen his side of things and had a change of heart?

His thoughts were racing through different scenarios--some plausible, some possible, some very much neither--as he drove on autopilot, muscle memory kicking in while his mind was occupied.

He was definitely scared, but he was also back in Newcastle indefinitely, and laying low had proven to be far too boring for him to handle. At some point he was going to have to rekindle old friendships and make new ones...or at the very least find the local parties. God, how he needed t--

Oops. He did not see the other car at all as they pulled into adjacent spots from opposing directions at the exact same time. Didn't see it, of course, until they very narrowly avoided colliding.

Before he even had a chance to put the car in park, he heard "You don't know how to fucking drive?!" Star looked over to see a cute but very angry girl in a pink sweatsuit with a cut-off top screaming at him. She slammed the door as she got out of her car.

Star turned the car off and peered over the side through his open window. He was well within the lines of the parking spot, so hadn't she done exactly what he had?

She blurted out "Do me a fucking favor and--" and stopped mid-sentence. He eyed her as he got out of his own car and locked it. She was really, super hot. And just as feisty, if not more, than Carmen. He liked her instantly.

And she was exactly what he needed.

He opened his mouth and uttered "I--" but was cut off by the brunette's next exclamation.

"... well? Aren't you gonna apologize?"

He closed his mouth and paused, which seemed to piss her off even further. Then he started walking around the car, toward the girl and her yappy little dog.

"Sure," he said. "I apologize. I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong, but I apologize for whatever made you so adorably angry." He smiled genuinely and held out his hand to shake.

"Also, hi. I'm Star. And you are?"
coded by reveriee.

cole.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

muse

hate this and i'll love you

Cole was in the mood to take a trip to the local diner. But he didn't like to eat out alone - he had a whole thing about feeling like everyone was staring at him while he ate. Luckily for him, Alexa had agreed to go out with him. He hoped that she'd eventually give it up to him - with his charm and their constant sneaking around, he knew that she wanted him just as much as he wanted her. Nothing had happened between them yet, to his dismay. But maybe that would change today. The only obstacle standing in their way was Rafi. If he found out that Cole was sneaking around with his baby sister... Cole didn't want to think about that. He shuffled down the stairs, grateful that his dad was at work for once. If he wanted to bring Alexa back here, having his dad home wouldn't be the best idea.

His vintage Pontiac sat in the driveway, waiting for its owner to rev it up and drive off with it. Cole closed and locked the front door behind him before hopping into his car. Alexa had agreed to meet him at their usual spot, waiting at the corner of 1st and Birch Street. It was the only way Alexa could meet him without Rafi getting suspicious, and so far, their secret plans had all gone off without a hitch. Cole assumed that this one would too. He took off towards their spot after putting his AirPods in, Muse blaring in his ears.

It didn't take long before Cole slowed to a stop in front of the corner. He rolled down the passenger side window, gesturing for Alexa to come in. "Special delivery." Cole grinned, waiting for her to hop up inside and get cozy with him. "God, I've missed you, Lex."

♡coded by uxie♡

Raven Rivera
Habits

Deo's place
chill
something casual
interactions

Deo
0k_mang0 0k_mang0

In the minute it'd taken for him to speak up, Raven had already expected a no. "We shouldn't ruin what we have, here" type of excuse, "it's probably best we'd stay friends" or something along those lines to hide his true reason for rejecting her.

So imagine her surprise when he said "Okay," It'd taken her aback enough to narrow her eyes, searching his gaze as though she was looking for another answer hidden in them. "Okay?" She repeated, leaning into him as he scooted closer.

“Let's do it. One test date. If it goes all right, we can try another if you wanna make sure. If you want another test date.”

I'm already sure, the thought lingered on her mind but the words were lost on her tongue when his thumb traced the skin on her inner wrist, slowly trailing down to her fingers and Raven was suddenly entranced by the promise of his touch.

"Yeah?" Raven said, the smile imminent on her face, "Estoy," leaning in to place a kiss against his cheek, "entusiasmado," another on his opposite cheek, "por nuestra," a series of kisses that traced his jawline, "citaa."

I'm excited for our date.

Her lips met his at the end of her sentence, allowing it to last for a few seconds before pulling away a second too early, Deo leaning towards her had the corners of her lips quirking into a sultry smile and a chuckle escaped her chest.

“Y’know, I can still teach you those F-chords right now. Or…” Her gaze followed his towards the staircase, and Raven wondered if they should sleep together before said date; but they'd already done it multiple times...

“We can finally test those jets in my new bathtub before you do your interview thing tonight. It can hold at least two people.”

Would it truly make a difference?

"I'll tell you what," Raven leaned over to grab the prep book, flipping it open and settling further in the couch, moving Deo's arm to lay on top of the couch so she'd be able to sit comfortably near him. "You study a bit... and we could try out those jets."

My, my, Raven Rivera using her body for the greater good?

A "poor" man's education?

She was practically a saint.

~

An hour had passed, Raven had quizzed him, subtly watched as he ran through the test questionnaire, and distracted herself with her phone whenever he'd glance over at her on the off-chance he'd gotten embarrassed and/or weird about not knowing a certain question. If she was forced to take a test to show what she'd learned in a high school, despite her obvious hard-work, Raven would probably fail every subject beyond English.

Even though he had the habit of writing down thirteen instead of eighteen-- (Math was tricky) Raven was convinced he was smarter than she'd ever be. The book was placed down with a sigh and they both met eyes. She straddled his lap and put her arms around his shoulders, her nails softly scratching the back of his neck in an ill-attempt of relieving stress.

"It's so attractive you know how numbers work," She teased.

"So how many people can fit in that tub again? one... plus one... say, could you do the math there? I don't think I can..." A devious grin appeared and Raven barely got her next sentence out.

"What if I just changed my mi--" Deo suddenly wrapped his arms under her and stood up, causing Raven to burst out in laughter as he rushed up the stairs with her.

~
The jets he'd been hinting at for weeks on end had been worth the wait.

Well... that and...

Raven broke the kiss, breathing heavily. "Worth the studying? I feel like it was, but as a journalist... I'd need a little feedback..."

Her ego wasn't all show-- not always, anyway. If she knew how to do anything, it was-- "I'm thinking of running an article by Kira, is bubble jets convenient for sex life, or does it just get in the way?" This was Raven's sense of humor, endless teasing, inappropriate jokes and events that would never happen was a big part of said humor.

It's another reason why her and Jade had gotten along so well up until the arrest. They were alike in that sense-- a few other ways, too. But we're not trying to darken the mood with their childhood upbringing.

"But..." She swallowed, softly caressing his chest, tracing an infinity-like symbol. The sound of the jets and water that sloshed around them was calming, much needed after the day she'd had, a good de-stress was just what Raven needed if she planned to be at the top of her game tonight.

Top of her game meant being intensely charismatic over one too many martinis, but...

Hey, a story was a story, right?

"Now that's out of our system... did you ever think about it, before I brought it up, I mean."

Us, dating, a relationship.

It wasn't hard to connect...

But surely Raven wasn't the only one. "And you wouldn't be doing this simply because I want to, right?"

The last thing she wanted was to be pitied-- and a pity date? Had to be the saddest thing on the planet. Oh, minus the loveless, passionless, and boring marriages/relationships some were dooming their fate to.

She'd never be that person, and Raven would die on that hill before she had ever considered it.
coded by natasha.

ty.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

the supremes

baby love

Ty had put his fish, aptly named Dr. Phil, on his skateboard, the fish bowl duct taped to the board. Around it, he had managed to attach a leash to the bowl. He was going out for a walk with his young son for the very first time. He thought it was a good idea to take Dr. Phil to the fair - all kids liked the fair, and he had visitation rights this weekend anyway. Sawyer and Ty were co-parenting the fish, as people did, of course. He hadn't told Sawyer that he was going to take their son to the fair, though - what his mother didn't know wouldn't hurt her. Ty went on his merry way, walking Dr. Phil as if it were an everyday occurrence (it wasn't, but nobody told Ty). He rolled the fish down the sidewalk, on his way to the fair.

What Ty didn't see, however, was that in front of the skateboard, there was a tiny rock laying in the middle of the sidewalk. And in the blink of an eye, Dr. Phil and his bowl went flying through the air, flopping down on the sidewalk. Ty quickly grabbed his dying son, frantically searching for a source of water to put him in. He quickly found a half-empty bottle of water sitting on the curb, sliding the fish inside. But Dr. Phil didn't start swimming - instead, he sunk to the bottom, dead. Ty fell to his knees, tears welling in his eyes. His young son was dead. How was he going to tell Sawyer?

Some people walking nearby stared at him as he sobbed openly, grieving the loss of his beloved son. He had only had him for a week, but it felt like a lifetime. A montage of their father-son relationship played out in his mind, set to the tune of "Baby Love" by The Supremes. Looks like he'd have some business to take care of before he could get to the fair.

♡coded by uxie♡

Ashton West

By all means, Ash probably should've been scared -- and normally, perhaps, she would've been. But there was some part of her that, even when face to face with freaking Dalton, really didn't want to back down. Her words, instead of trying to quell his rage, simply threw tinder on an already raging fire.

Her heart pounded a little faster, though, as Dalton moved into her. Naturally, she took steps back, but in such a small area, there wasn't much room to run. And once she felt her back pressing up against the cool wall, all of that fear that should've been pumping through her system much earlier washed over her all at once. Now that there was nowhere to run, she could feel the ice in her veins.

Her hands pressed against the wall, her knuckles turning nearly white from the press of her fingers pressing against it. The breath in her lungs was a little more shaky, and she looked up at Dalton, frozen and unable to pull her gaze away, like a deer stuck in the headlights.

“Don’t test me.” He growled. “That slimy bastard earlier already tried and I’m sure he and his hand can tell you in great detail exactly how bad of an idea that can be.”

Ash blinked up at him, and curiosity washed over the fear in her veins. Plus well, if she got him talking about someone else he hated, then there was some hope that he'd kind of forget about any anger he was harboring towards her until they could get out of this stupid room, and Ash could just... go home. And you know, have that oh so important talk with Lucky, which she was... kind of still looking forward to.

Her eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"What bastard? Is it like your stupid brother or something?"

mood
happy to panicked in ten seconds flat

outfit
clothes feat. jean jacket

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Dalton

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Dalton Kirby

He backed her right up into the wall, trapping her there with his larger frame, his hand pressed up against the wall over her head in a fist, and finally she seemed to lose some of that bravado she had gotten from who knows where. Her eyes had lost some of that impertinent fire and she finally seemed to understand her position. That’s right. He was in charge. Not her. Him.

Dalton was about to continue, to lay down the law on her when Ash found the nerve to open her mouth once more, and his desire to zip those lips shut permanently skyrocketed. He would have ignored her words and thundered on ahead as he intended, if not for the fact that she mentioned his ‘brother’.

“Let me make this, crystal clear.” He snarled, his rage rising at the thought of the two weaselly bastards, his fist tightening and pressing into the wall with even more force as he drew even closer until he was right up in her face. “I have no brother. Suggest that I’m related to that slimy paedophile who puts his hands on Livanna Moore again, and I’ll make tearing you limb from limb sound like a fucking dream in comparison to what I’ll do.”

It was disgusting to even be compared to them, to such pathetically desperate males. It made his blood boil knowing he had to live under the same roof as Damien Slater, but being compared to that slimy rat who put his hands on Livanna Moore? If she was trying to get him angry enough to want to commit murder then she was doing a mighty good job because her words were filling him up with murderous rage.

mood
dead fucking meat

outfit
casual but now shirtless

playing...
song title here

by artist here

mentions
Damien, Liv

interactions

Ash

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

There was confusion written across her features, because Dalton's words did little to actually explain anything to her -- like... his step brother or whatever was... that? And doing... that to Liv? Like literally, fucking eww, that was the most disgusting thing Ash had ever heard of, and her disgust would've probably been painted across her face, had she not been still so frozen, especially as his fist slammed into the wall beside her and Dalton leaned in closer to her.

Had this been different circumstances, or like with someone totally different, Ash would've probably thought this was actually kind of hot. Except that this was Dalton Kirby, so it was less that, and more just plain terrifying.

"Wait, wait, wait, your bro--"

But before she could continue, the sound of the door unlocking caught her attention. Ash peeked around Dalton, a look of relief across her features when she saw none other than her mother standing in the doorway. So Ash reached out, her hand pushing Dalton away from her, and she started over towards her mom and... some dude that she... vaguely recognized. And as she started to place his name, and his affiliation to the guy standing behind her, the smile on her face faded.

Ash was confused, but then she summed it up to like... George Kirby had just come out to collect his son after hearing about his rampage and... whatever else. Perhaps he'd been looking for Dalton, and Liv had directed both Elise and George to this studio.

"Oh my god, mom," Ash started, "thank god you're here, Liv shut the door, and it locked, and we were just--"

"Ashton, please, I don't need to hear about what you were planning to do in this room." Her mother and George continued to block the doorway, and her mother was messing with something on her phone, a look of clear disappointment on her face -- although to be fair, that was generally just Elise's resting face, so it didn't spark any immediate concern. "You do know there are cameras in here, right? You really should try to be a little more... careful."

"What... wait..." it kind of clicked, a look of disgust crossing Ash's face, and she kind of hoped that she was just completely misreading what her mother was attempting to say. "Eww, no, I... no, eww. Can we just, umm... can we just go?"

"Well, that was the plan, but unfortunately..." a breathy sigh from her mother's lips. "George, in light of this, I do believe we need to discuss our negotiation, don't you agree?" She asked as she dragged her eyes away from her phone to look towards Kirby's dad.

"Couldn't agree more," Dalton's dad responded, his disappointed gaze reserved for his son.

And then her mother stepped out of the room.

And fucking closed the door again.

Ash's jaw dropped open, staring at the door. And just like earlier, she repeated her motions -- going forward and grabbing the handle, but there was nothing. There were fucking locked in -- again, but this time Ash gave the door a good kick, which just kind of hurt because the stupid door was strong. A couple cuss words escaped her lips and she stepped away from the door, huffing as she crossed her arms over her chest and turned away... only to remember that she wasn't quite alone in this room.

Well, they had some time.

"So... Damien's a ped for trying to get with Liv because...?"

Well, might as well get some of her questions answered.

mood

outfit

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Dalton

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Dalton Kirby

Dalton glared at Ash, studying her features, waiting to see if she still had anything left to say. Any more bravado in that little body of hers.

Nothing. She was frozen like a fawn, as she damn well should be.

"Wait, wait, wait," he spoke too soon,
"your bro-"

Her words cut off mid sentence and for a brief moment he wondered if she remembered her own position but then she started peering behind him and then she pushed him away and walked off.

Had Liv and Maggie finally returned after disappearing to god knows where and opened the damn door?

Finally. Took them long enou-

Why was he here... why the fuck was he here. And with that woman. That fucking-

Whatever words were exchanged was background noise. The only thing he registered was that face. That look of disappointment, the eyes that judged him, that screamed failure, the lips upturned in disapproval. Who the fuck did he think was. To look at him with such eyes, with such judgement. What right did he fucking have- who the fuck did he think he was? And what was he doing with her? What the hell were they planning? The two of them together. WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY PLANNING?

The door swung shut once more. But Dalton didn't move an inch. He just remained standing where he was, eyes fixed on the door, fist clenched at his sides, body boiling over with rage ready to explode right out of him. How dare he. How dare he act like he was a father- think he had the fucking right! He wanted to fucking kill him.

"So... Damien's a ped for trying to get with Liv because...?"

Dalton didn't even bother to glance at Ash, he just continued to stare right at the door, as if doing so could burn a hole right through it, into the head of the man his birth certificate named as his father.

"Not him." He corrected, voice low and quiet, eyes still on the door, his fury palpable in the harshness of his gaze and the stiffness of his body. "Some older bastard in one of the recording rooms. He could be a fucking staff member or some fucked up fan. I don't give a damn."

The only thing he gave a damn about now were the two people standing on the other side of the door and what the hell they were doing here, together.

mood
Fucking murder

outfit
casual but now shirtless

playing...
song title here

by artist here

mentions
Damien, Liv, Maggie

interactions

Ash

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: idk what to do

OUTFIT:
something dark blue
INFO

WITH: stella

mention: mercedes, edwin, jared, val​
ACTIVITY
Matty O. Manzano
Drag

"Jared is going to be pissed..."

“Yeah…” Matty agreed—if this had been his engagement party, he wouldn’t be happy with altercations bad enough for the police to show up either.

And this was also happening on Mercedes’s birthday. That’s unfortunate for her, Matty thought.

“Should… should we start going home now?” he asked hesitantly.

He saw several party guests whispering to each other. A couple walking by murmured something about a fight that had taken place somewhere on the property. Well, that explains it.

“Wait, where’s Mercedes?” Matty looked around. He couldn’t see her easily in his immediate area, but he thought he recognized her blonde hair and saw her going somewhere else with a short guy following beside her. So, she was busy.

“I have this birthday card for her. I already gave her something before her birthday, but my aunt and uncle insisted I shouldn’t show up empty-handed.” Personally, Matty thought it was redundant. Shouldn’t one gift from one person be enough?

Well… he supposed one simple keychain wasn’t enough for everyone.

Matty was aware that not many people liked greeting cards as their birthday presents unless they held a special surprise, like cash or gift cards, which Matty had neither on hand. And as mentioned, he’d already given Mercedes a present—the keychain from France. Personally, Matty didn’t mind receiving some greeting cards. They were like postcards of the gifters' thoughts if they weren’t sure how to express themselves better. Well, he liked actual postcards more, but that’s beside the point.

He did manage to find an inexpensive card including a bookmark neatly tucked inside. He wasn’t sure how often she reads or writes, though.

Matty pulled out the birthday card from his back pocket; it was slightly curved but not creased or bent. The envelope hadn’t been sealed yet. The inner lip was completely dry, so it was easy for him to remove the folded card from its place and show it to Stella. The front had a watercolored design of a mermaid silhouette holding a crown in her hand.

From what Matty knew about her so far, Mercedes liked mermaids. It was mostly because of her social media username. Finding a birthday card that wasn’t too cartoony or made for anyone turning under 12 years old was difficult to find, but he’d managed to pick out this one. He thought it looked nice and pretty. The printed message inside was simple and straightforward..

Happy Birthday! You deserve every ounce of joy coming to you on your special day – and more!

On the bottom, Matty had written his own message—I hope you like your new keychain—and added his name. From Matty M.

He looked at Stella and offered his pocket ballpoint pen to her. “Want to sign your name before we go home? There’s plenty of blank space on it,” he said. “I need to call my aunt, anyway.”

Too bad he didn’t have something for the engagement party. He probably would’ve found something. Probably. If Valerie hadn’t been rude. Matty didn’t mind Jared.
code by valen t.

Carmen

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Rosalía

Chicken Teriyaki

Carmen had barely seen the outside of the studio in weeks. She’d either been writing or recording, throwing herself into a strict regime to meet the deadline for the album.

The management was… intense. But that was alright. Carmen was intense, too. She was enthusiastic about getting her career off the ground, and if that meant working til 3am or throwing the competition under the bus, then so be it. She could do both.

“Alright, let’s run it again.”

Carmen sighed, sliding the headphones back over her ears. She was hot and clammy, agitated by both the soaring temperature and the lack of social interaction. Until the album was finished it would be just her, the microphone, Amara, and half an inch of glass between them.

So it was almost a welcome sight when Liv and Maggie knocked at the door, being waved in by Amara. Almost, as in, had it been any other two people in the world.

Carmen pursed her lips and furrowed her brows, annoyed at the interruption. The bar of professionalism was so low.

She removed the headphones from her ears once again as she watched Amara talk to the girls, then stand up and exit the studio. Her lips parted slightly as if she were to shout something, before Liv came over the mini-mic.

"Hey, Carmen... could we talk?"

On her studio time? Fuck no, not particularly.

Unless…

This could be interesting.

It was true, Carmen had next to no interest in teamwork or any such comradery. She was here for a reason, and she wasn’t going to sit back and smile while she let some other bitches take all of the attention – and the fans, and the signings, and the gigs and the tours that came with it.

Carmen exited the recording booth, closing the door behind her. She noticed Liv’s anxiousness, looking like a swift breeze could knock her over and carry her away.

She leaned one hip against the mixer, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Did you two get lost or something? For the life of me, I can’t think of why you’d need to be in here.”

She spoke with that sour tone that people had when they were feigning politeness, holding back what they truly wanted to say.

Carmen knew exactly why they were here. It was surprising really, that it had taken them so long. Must be hard when there were so many potential candidates for fucking you over. Whatever, Carmen wouldn’t be letting them in on anything that easily. She could hold her own for as long as needed. She would watch them squirm a little longer.

“Did you… um…”

Carmen had to hold back a smirk. Spit it out.

“Did you leak the song?!” Liv blurted, a look of astoundment across her face, her expression like a puppy that had just attempted to bark at its owner.

“I… won’t be mad.”

A smarmy smile flickered devilishly across Carmen’s face. Of course she’d leaked it. Liv had been back on the scene for all of two minutes, already getting studio time and performances, quickly falling back into favour with the management and producers after her rehab stunt. Carmen wasn’t buying it. No one forgot that quickly. The world moved quick, and Liv had already had her chance. She’d rocked the boat and fallen the fuck off. This ship had set sail, and with Carmen claiming the helm of it, she was not waiting for Liv to climb back aboard. She wouldn’t give her chance.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Carmen replied, flicking the long dark waves of hair over her shoulder, “Sadly, I have no interest in you or your… music.”

Carmen pushed herself off the console, standing directly in front of the two girls.

“I’m sorry shit isn’t going as planned for you,” she sighed, her mouth twisting into a forced frown, then quickly recovering, “but I didn’t do it. I’m certainly quite insulted that not only you would suspect me, but you would interrupt – maybe even sabotage – my own studio time to come in here and accuse me.”

Carmen’s eyebrows furrowed, the sourness in her tone bleeding through her words.

“Maybe you’re just… projecting whatever you’re going through onto others. I mean, are you sure you’re okay? I’m sure you don’t need any more stress. It would suck if you ended up back in rehab, I mean it would be really damaging…”

She sighed, turning back to the recording booth, one hand poised against the door.

“I’m afraid I’ve got work to do. New album and all. Can you tell Amara to come back? I’m sure she’s wondering what could have been important enough to interrupt us.”

♡coded by uxie♡

good morning...

He wanted to sock this guy in his stupid, rhinoplastied nose.
And for every ounce of pressure Justin squeezed into his (COMPARATIVELY) small hand, Ed swore to God he would drive it back tenfold. Newton's Third Law, bitch.

There was something romantically uncanny about he and his date's shared lack of interest in whatever game of relationary showmanship this was. Complimenting Amy's dress was a matter of parroting, a piece of advice Landon had given years ago to gain a girl's trust. Plus, if he'd given her an up-and-down, how would that have reflected upon him? Some whore with salacious, wandering eyes, practically undressing someone's girlfriend right in front of his own—

Nah, he was just nervous and slipped up. But in his defense, Mer did first.

"Doesn't she look good? Not really sure how they do it in Italy, but ahh... here we call these jeans and that a blouse or something."

You wanna see Italian? I'll show you Italian, pezzo di merda.

But perhaps the older, taller, more suave man's greatest mistake was admitting that he knew who he was. Because he was obsessed. Still obsessed with Mer, obsessed with Ed, and obsessed with his family. He would even wager that the creep had seen his brother's movies. And his parents'. Because he wanted what Ed had. And with that, the smugly-grinning boy could drop his overly-ingratiating act and look at the couple beside them for the desperate leeches they truly were.

But Ed and Mer did make a cute couple, so he'd give the guy's eyes that much credit.

Yet as much as this prick got under his skin, the floozy he was stringing along was just as in on it. Like the sun parting the clouds, her cheery smile and honey-glazed laughter seemed to appear out of thin air. Gone was the quiet girl who allowed herself to be cast aside, swept up in Justin's game of manipulation.

And now, Ed had the others where he wanted them. "That's a great idea." Even if it was all a game, only half of the four present were aware of that pretense. Mer would be locked into another romantic game of pretend, God willing. "I kick ass at boating."

“Now, shall we, mon chéri? Can’t wait to see the amazing gift you got me.” There was something so undeniably sexy about Mercedes' French; she sounded like a woman, or at least way fancier than she did singing Disney songs in English. With a delicate kiss planted on Ed's cheek, a rosy hue formed all around the lipstick mark it left behind. “After all, you only turn seventeen once and my goal is to make this a night to remember… if you know what I mean..." Even Nickie wasn't this forward, not that he was complaining.

Yeah, he could get used to this.

The red and blue flicker of police sirens were far in the distance, only just barely tinting the boy's face from the grand windows adjacent to the front door. He was all but mesmerized by the girl of his dreams, no longer questioning how he got here in the first place. And with a goofy nod, he picked Mer's present back up off the table and allowed himself to be whisked away, never releasing the grasp that intertwined their hands. It was art, truly.

And if this wasn't enough like his family's painstaking galas, the backyard was decked out beyond any reasonable parameter. Fresh-cut greenery melded with tasteful pinks and whites while the party guests seemed to have ripped the tablecloths and adorned them as formal garments. This was a serious dress code, and Ed had been just lucky enough to have loosely fit.

I wonder if I'll taste the champagne on her lips...

He took a coy sip of his glass, swishing it like in the movies. In his element, Ed's eyes were ferocious but suave, narrowed as lustfully as the unspoken tension in the previous conversation.

But it was all fake, which he should have seen coming, but... love does inexplicable things sometimes.

“I panicked the other day and told Justin I had a boyfriend because I didn’t want to seem hung up on him– which, I’m so not… and… I used you," Mer admitted, flashing her arresting doe eyes.

"Uh huh..." Ed was utterly bewitched. He couldn't stop staring, plotting the next move. "Yeah..."

"But... for what it's worth, I think we make a really good fake couple?”

So they had potential. It wasn't an outright rejection. In fact, it was a step in the right direction.

"Sure," Ed answered distractedly, his voice a soft coo, "I understand." It's called best friends to lovers, and the two of them were hopelessly entangled in the trope. Mer knew what she was doing, and so did Edwin. "I'm glad you could count on me." It was like her anxiety wasn't even there, meaningless and overshadowed by the colossus that was her red herring of romantic attraction.

He smiled fondly, holding out the little ribbon-wrapped box that contained the girl's birthday gift. "Since no other smug-faced asshole like Justin or Lame-y is gonna have our backs like we do."

Yeah, he was going to be holding back tears in approximately five minutes.

hate yourself

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Oliver Brewer

He kept a laugh going, kept his physical movements light and laid-back as she tried to spin, but ultimately fell against him. Oliver let out a chuckle, catching her as she did so and keeping her from toppling messily to the ground. He wasn't always the greatest at keeping his current mood or thoughts to himself -- not that he was out here blabbering away about what he thought, but Oliver tended to wear everything on his sleeve. When it came to faking it till you made it, well... let's just say Oliver never actually managed to make it -- woops, amirite?

"If you say so," Oliver responded with another rather.... awkward laugh, and his worries for his clearly drunk as hell girlfriend were clearly plastered on his face.

She went to give him a sloppy kiss, and Oliver awkwardly met her lips. The taste of alcohol was strong enough that when he pulled away, he felt a little dizzy and lightheaded. Was it possible to get drunk from a single kiss, or was it simply the boy's normal reaction to kissing a pretty girl? (Clearly it was the latter -- sure, they were dating, so he should've been used to it, but his heart always kind of fluttered when he was around her.)

As he straightened back up his lanky frame, the high from the kiss with Mikaela had disappeared, and he kept a hand worriedly on her shoulder. Just in case she happened to try toppling one way or another, he'd be able to catch her.

"How 'bout we have a little drinking contest?" Oliver suggested, because he knew it was something his party girlfriend could never resist. "See who can do more shots of water before they gotta use the bathroom, huh?"

Yes, he was trying to sober her up at least to a point where he felt she could stand properly.

mood
happyy

outfit
clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Mikaela

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Lucky DuBois

The small chuckle that emanated from the other boy, left Lucky with his patented wry smirk. “Resting duck face?” Okay, so the guy was a bit of a smart ass or one of the dumbest people he’s met since getting into town. It was a short list, but he had a run in with Jace, Elise and a gas station attendant that looked like an angry gargoyle. “I can tell.” Smart ass it was, which left him with a bit of relief. He was done dealing with idiots and leeches. Someone who could match his sarcastic wit, might not be exactly what he needed, but if he was going to be stuck “chatting up the locals” at least this one seemed to know how to take a joke and didn’t seem too keen on being extra intrusive.

“Be right back. Don’t go anywhere.” Hardy har har. “Usually I drink the coffee before I skip out on the bill.” He mumbled as he watched the waiter santer off, he hoped, to get his much needed caffeinated beverage. But he was alone again…the silence quickly enclosing him like darkness when you first turn out the lights. It gave way for the abrasive and rather unwanted thoughts and feelings that tended to cause Lucky’s varying shades of anger and sadness. Ash. His dad. Lennon. His mom. Sure, it didn’t seem like much when you listed it out. But it was the grocery list from hell and he wanted nothing to do with it.

That was what Newcastle was supposed to be. An escape. A true escape from everything. Everything he loved. Everything he lost. Most were one in the same. Maybe it was the “bitch way” out. The easy road, but didn’t he deserve easy every once in a while? The answer is YES. He fucking did. He earned that shit. But unlucky Lucky’s guardian angel had a different plan...one that led him to a diner with the world’s most talkative waiter.

His gaze drifted toward Benji as he approached with his coffee. His hand went toward the sugar dispenser as he poured a sizable amount of sugar into his cup. He stirred the coffee with the too large spoon and brought the mug to his mouth for the first, glorious sip. His eyes awkwardly drifted back toward Benji who had yet to leave the table and whose eyes were fixated on him. “You have my name, my workplace…and my interest.” Great. Usually, he wouldn’t mind being hit on. It was expected…and happened more than he appreciated. “So…spare me a few details.”

He contemplated a quippy remark or a more, dismissive response, but you rarely wanted to piss off the people who made your food…even if it was just a cup of coffee. He breathed in a deep breath as he leaned back in his seat. “Name’s Lucky. Unemployed. And I like coffee.” Okay, he couldn’t resist being at least a little bit of a dick. It was expected.

“Why are you here?” He had to admit…Benji’s interest piqued his own. Made him wonder why his sudden entrance into his life seemed to disrupt the very fabric of this dude’s life. “Why are any of us here?” He grinned as he took a sip of his coffee and looked back up at him. He knew the hipster response would garner a reaction…one that might entertain and definitely distract.

“You know, Benjamin, you ask a lot of questions. One might think you’ve got ulterior motives…or something to hide.” He watched for a reaction, knowing that what he was saying was at least a little bit right. “Or am I just so damn interesting, that you just couldn’t resist?”

mood
defeated

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Light Em Up

by Fall Out Boy

mentions
Ash

interactions
Benji

tags
hery hery

º º code by ditto º º

Landon Sinclaire

Newcastle sucked. There, he said it. Is anyone truly surprised to find out that Landon Sinclaire was not ecstatic to be back? Didn’t think so. He missed his old life. The one where Evie and him got along swimmingly. Where Ed and Liv were happy to spend time with him and were on their best behavior because it was usually for a week or two at most. But he was a Newcastle native now. An average joe. And nothing seemed to be going his way.

Hot greek guy? Ended up being a total weirdo. Probably would have chopped him and Liv up if they had ended up on his boat. Ty was in town. His ex. But he was…different from what Landon had remembered. Maybe it was because they were younger? Maybe it was because Ty was his first love. His first everything. They’d known that it wasn’t going to last. He was filming. Ty had his music. It would have never worked out. Long distance wasn’t something two hormonal teenagers should have embarked on. He missed him, but Ty was different now. He was different now. Older. Wiser? That one was still up in the air.

The video was still circulating. The incident was out there. There wasn’t much he could do about it except ignore it and hope it goes away in time for the premier. For now, he was determined to fix his family, but it was hard. Evie was dealing with a lot. Too much. She deserved better. She deserved better than him and that revelation left him really feeling it. She’d given up her dream…for him. Maybe not JUST him, but he was definitely a deciding factor. Their parents weren’t going to take time out of their lives to actually raise their kids and they probably would let Liv stay if they did and she was the only one he could stand some of the time.

He had Dalton…but…despite the fact that he’d do almost anything for the guy, he knew that the feelings weren’t exactly mutual. It was bad enough that he was a recurring hook up for his big sister, but it wasn’t her fault. She didn’t know. She couldn’t know, because then she’d feel bad and he’d feel bad because she felt bad and it would just be a disaster. She wants what’s best for him. She wants him to be happy. And safe. To stay out of trouble. But trouble did always seem to find him. Maybe it was because he searched it out.

It was the only reason that could explain why he had just parked in front of an all too familiar house. It was the only reason he continued to return even though he knew he'd never get what he wanted. But things with DJ were good. When they were together, things were really good. And maybe…maybe things would change. Maybe he’d stick it out and things would turn out okay. He walked up the walkway. It was a pipedream, but at this point, it was all he had left. He knocked on the door and glanced around making sure no paparazzi had followed him. It was clear.

mood
lonely

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Figure Me Out

by The Summer Set​

mentions
Evie, Ed, Liv, Dalton

interactions
DJ

tags
@purplecowdutch

º º code by ditto º º

scroll

cinnamon girl

Tabitha Cohen

mood

Annoyed

outfit

Casual

Home -> County Fair

interactions

Edgar

tags

tags here

“You get ready you get all dressed up, to go nowhere in particular~”

The music blasted from Tabitha’s phone, Lana’s voice filling the bathroom while the blonde girl continued to work on her makeup. It didn't quite fit her mood, it was one of the singer’s happier and sappier songs, and that couldn't be further from Tabs’ mentality at the present time.

She put down the brush and stared back at her own reflection, huffing in mild annoyance. It’s not like she was doing much today: some concealer to hide her freckles and eyebags, adding some color and shine- just enough to feel natural, though. Still, this was a moment of peace in her day, and the music just didn't fit the moment.

Tabitha shuffled through her Getting Ready<3 playlist, searching for the right soundtrack.

“Oh make me over, I’m all I wanna be!”

A smile came to her face. Perfect.
Courtney Love, just the perfect mix of legendary and terrible. After the jailbreak debacle, it was just the type of energy she needed to go out and face the town today. It was just a dumb County Fair, sure- and Tabitha was really only going because Edgar and JJ asked her to- but she wanted to look good and feel good, for once. Last time, she let her guard down, and came home a downright mess. Tabitha wasn't going to let that happen again.

She put on her lipstick, rosy and nice and perfect on her, ignoring the arguing from downstairs.

“-you need to shut your MOUTH and do whatever the hell I tell you to!”

They had gotten so much louder ever since her brother came home.

Tabitha turned up the music, drowning them out and continuing putting on her face, listening only to the lyrics.

“A walking study in demonology!”
----------

A County Fair wasn’t exactly Tabitha’s idea of a fun outing, but Edgar seemed cheerful enough. Which she definitely didn't trust, it just meant he had something stupid planned that she hadn't found out about yet.

The two younger Cohens were walking around together, Tabitha’s plan was to just dick around with her brother until it was time to see JJ’s performance.

She gave him the side-eye through her sunglasses, watching him scroll down through his phone.

“Why’d you even want to come to this thing?”
Tabitha asked, with no hopes of getting an actual, genuine answer.

“To spend some quality time with my dear sister?”

“Bullshit.” Tabitha scoffed.

Edgar had gotten into yet another fight with their father. The only reason he would've been allowed out of the house without protest was if she came with him.

“Sure, but what you don't know, doesn't hurt you.” Edgar snorted, finally looking back at her, putting his phone “So, Tabby, listen, I gotta’ go.”

Tabitha stopped in her tracks, lowering her glasses so her brother could see her hazel eyes glaring at him. Even if she knew, realistically, he would not care.

“You’re not actually ditching me 15 minutes after we just got here.” Tabitha blinked at him, knowing he was “Edgar! You asked me to come!”

“And now I’m abandoning you.”
He smiled wide, unbothered as he ruffled her hair “Preparing you for the real world’s disappointments. You’ll thank me later.”

And like that, he walked off, leaving her behind alone, annoyed and bored. He was off his leash, presumably to chase some tail. Tabitha could only hope he’d pick a girl who wasn't one of her friends, for once. Besy case scenario, he’d just spend the afternoon annoying Lydia, like always.

“Prick!” Tabitha shouted after him, mostly to make herself feel better. It got her a few strange looks from the fair attendees walking by- and she glared right back at them “What? What are you looking at?”

Great. She could tell this day was going to be just fantastic.

♡coded by uxie♡
[/borde

Magnolia D.
mood
stressed AF

outfit
Studio casual

Mentions
Ash, Dalton

tags
Soap Soap dear.szmm dear.szmm

Perhaps she'd feel bad later, perhaps she wouldn't. It was really up in the air whenever Maggie got truly upset or angry about something how long the grudge would last. How far she'd take things. She came off as a carefree person and that was intentional (most of the time she was) but hell has no fury like a woman scored and she was her mothers daughter. Liv's saving grace might just be their friendship.

Come hell or high water she did value those. Apparently even the ones who didn't value you back.

All Ash and Dalton's protests were irrelevant to her in this moment other then a means to walk away.

She didn't know why she expected the answer to her question to be any different. Liv could be a blabber mouth so she doubted she'd kept this little project top secret from EVERYONE. But apparently everyone who was on her list was still more trustworthy then her. "Fine." She replied simply but firmly. Irritation still firm on her face.

As she went down the list of people who could've been in the studio she mentally agreed with each till she trailed off at the end causing her to look back at her and notice what had stopped her.

Carmen?

She didn't really know the girl. She originally wanted too things had just been hectic lately. Did Liv think?

Better then herself but still.

The knock on the door answered that. Welp looks like they were doing this. If they were wrong this was about to be the worst first impression. Good thing Maggie was used to starting off on the wrong foot with people. So to do so with just another stranger was fine with her and worth the rick just in case Liv's hunch was in fact right.

Amara opened the door and the heat was insane. Why were all these rooms so hot? Ugh she hated LA heat and it only made her miss home that much more. They really needed better AC or like a AC repair on speed dial.

Luckily the older woman got the hint rather quickly with just the exchange of a few looks.

Maggie really didn't want to have to explain the situation to more people then necessary. Plus she always thought she was really cool and didn't want to involve her in this unnecessarily. She wanted to say she didn't do teen drama either, but that'd be the biggest lie she'd ever told. Maggie's whole life was nothing but teen drama. She was sure even once she's an adult it'll still be soap opera worthy 'teen' drama.

Maggie was trying to chuck Carmen's clear attitude up to her own foul mood, but it was harder the more she talked. God was it everyone's mission in this stupid place to be as bitchy as possible? Like there was some award for being the bitch queen? They wanted a crown that bad?

"I...won't be mad."

The moment those words left Liv's lips Maggie didn't know who in this room was pissing her off more. Carmen and her snarky remarks or Liv and this passive BS. Because she'd said the exact same thing to her! There was no way Liv was THAT much of a push over to not be mad if this bitch released their song behind their back,

Maggie snapped chiming in, "Speak for yourself. I will be pissed, and I get even when I'm pissed. So for your sake I hope the hunch is wrong." She added in matter of factly. Maggie wasn't a girl of empty promises. Outside of the obvious influence her family had on the entertainment world through her mother and this label she had her own ways of handling things. She hated relying on her family and would make that a last resort, but a resort none the less if needed.

The smile on the girls face told Maggie that their was something there and that irked her. However she wasn't going to make a move without proof. You aren't raised by a lawyer and not have that engraved in you.

When Carmen came up closer to face the girls Maggie didn't budge, didn't bat an eye staring the girl down trying to see the intentions in her words. The unspoken tone and truth veiled behind all this bravado. However when she started targeting Liv specifically...even if she was still extremely pissed at the girl herself there was no way she was gonna let this rando talk about her like that.

She took a step closer to Carmen but between her and Liv slightly. "Come on Liv, apparently there is nothing in here." Every inflection of her words had a meaning and she knew girls like Carmen would be able to pick up on it. She hated playing nice...it reminded her of her family, but she could do it just fine when she needed. "Hope you're doing ok too. Competition has been pretty stiff around here with so many talented artists, and being the newest edition must be...limiting. So you really do need this time. Good luck." She smirked and took Liv by the hand before turning to exit the room.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
MOOD: relaxed & refreshed

OUTFIT:
spicy heck boy (or just "spicy")
INFO

WITH: raven

MENTION: hobo dog​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
Deo V. Solomon
Vices

Who knew bath time would be an excellent motivator for studying math?

For the next hour, Deo reviewed the formulas and questions from earlier. At some point, he gave the hobo puppy a bowl of water and a tube of three old tennis balls to keep him occupied.

Studying with Raven around felt more different than when he was alone. He was more focused than before to avoid making his usual errors on some words and numbers, almost always furrowing his brows in concentration. He did fumble a few times, but he quickly tried to fix his mistakes.

He hated looking like a struggling idiot around her.

It was worth it in the end. He picked her up before she could jokingly tease him any further and carried her upstairs to the only functional clean bathroom in the house. The white tub gradually filled up, and the water warmed up just right...
• • •​

Those bubble jets really do help relax those tight, tensed muscles—not that they were the only things that relaxed his. (wink wink.)

Raven certainly seemed to have enjoyed it. "I'm thinking of running an article by Kira, is bubble jets convenient for sex life, or does it just get in the way?"

Deo panted out a lighthearted chuckle, feeling just as short of breath as her. “That sounds like a fun educational read—improving the dull sex lives of Newcastle’s citizens one article at a time. Hopefully, they won’t mind wet floors.”

He noticed about five seconds ago. Some scattered shallow puddles pooled against the outer bottom of the tub, with the bath mat now half-drenched. No, it wasn’t because the tub was initially filled up a little too close to the top, or the pulsing jets.

Before Deo could decide to kiss her again, Raven changed the subject.

"...did you ever think about it, before I brought it up, I mean." He knew what she was talking about. "And you wouldn't be doing this simply because I want to, right?"

Deo shook his head. “No, I want to try it for myself, too.” He picked up a lightly scented soap bar from the tub’s corner behind him. With sudsed-up hands, he lathered his neck and arms, then gently massaged Raven’s shoulders and her back,

“I… I don’t do this often. With anyone,” he said. “I’m not even doing anything more like this with anyone else. Talking and hanging out after like this. Just with… you. And I like you. Not a surprise, I know,” he added with a playful lazy smirk. He was aware that lots of people liked Raven, or probably have a crush on her. She knew it herself too.

“I guess I've been thinking, maybe I should start trying something new this time. Y’know, in case I… I miss the chance again.”

In case he screws up at some point and gets himself in trouble, in case he ends up in jail again. In case Raven decides to move on... Despite his instincts, Deo was disappointed in himself for his severe lack of foreknowledge.

“And maybe… I’m getting tired of the occasional one-night stands and a few hours hooking up with random strangers,” he said, lazily massaging foamy circles on the butterfly wing tattoo that spread on her upper back. “Now, do you wanna rinse and dry off soon before we prune up, or have Round Two on the sink?”

Deo wasn’t really serious about having Round Two. He didn’t want to keep Raven away from her schedule. Still, the sink was an interesting option to consider later.
code by valen t.

Ashton West

To be honest, Dalton's correction only served to further confuse her. Some... old bastard? Here? So like, it clearly had to be some employee, unless Dalton was talking about Toni. But like, Ash didn't think he looked that old, and he certainly wasn't creepy. Or like, she was pretty sure he wasn't, although it wasn't as if Liv had actually ever like... introduced her, so like...

"Yeah," she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm, "the whole saying you hurt his hand or whatever... totally implies you don't give a single fuck, Dalton. Super believable." She said with a totally cool little thumbs up in his direction.

Ash would've been more worried about setting him off again, but Dalton's entire focus was on the door and awaiting the return of their parents. He kind of reminded her of those little videos on the dogs waiting for their owners by the door, although she supposed Dalton was more focused on it probably for murder as opposed to be legitimately excited when the door actually happened to open.

Luckily, the time they had to wait didn't seem to be nearly as long as it was before.

The door cracked open, and Ash perked up as she made her way over towards her mom and Kirby's dad. She figured that, finally, they were leaving the fucking room and she could head home and like... you know, do the things that she needed to do.

"I hope you two understand how you've pushed our hand," Elise deadpanned, her cold gaze moving between her daughter and Dalton. "Due to some... leaking of some pictures of you two, and thanks to someone's reputation," -- her gaze shot in Dalton's direction -- "we've decided that it's best to embrace the rumor mill, as of now."

Her eyebrows creased together in confusion, and her mother's gaze settled on her own. There was no ounce of sympathy, warmness, nothing -- just a cold, clinical like expression that darkened her mother's pale eyes.

"We've already started announcing to the local news outlets that's the two of you are dating. Congrats on the new relationship."

mood

outfit

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Dalton

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Brody Jesson

The entire little interaction had been nothing short of awkward, if you were to ask Justin. Well, awkward, but rather amusing. Once Mercedes had dragged her little boy toy off, all Justin could really do was stare off after them, shaking his head as he did so. Her attention had hardly even been here, rather, she'd clearly been focused on yet another boy and Justin would've had some snide remark about her clearly juggling multiple guys, except that that would be the equivalent to calling the kettle black, and one thing that Brody "BJ" Jesson liked to pride himself on was not being a hypocrite.

He chuckled, releasing Amy from his grasp. There was another shake of his head, and he turned his attention towards his mock "girlfriend," a smile still plastered across his face. It would take a while for the amused smirk on his face to fade.

"Can't believe I ever dated her," Justin said, although he knew exactly why he had, and why it hadn't lasted. "Well... I guess she's hot, but she's a little..." he brought a finger up to the side of his head, circling it around. "Not bad, but ya know... clearly young and boy crazy, right?"

Not that Justin could really judge again -- he could be considered girl crazy in his own right, although perhaps not to the ahh... obsessive measures that Mercedes seemed to be. After all, dragging around a new boyfriend to show off to your ex-boyfriend while ogling your future boyfriend? It had just all felt like a bit much, and it reminded him of why he preferred girls that weren't local.

You'd think after the mess that was Vera, Justin would've learned.

"C'mon," he said with a tilt of his head. "It's boring -- let's get out of here."

And that's just how Justin ended the night -- leaving the party with a girl in the passenger seat of his truck, although it was a little different than other girls. Because obviously, the last he wanted to do was fuck and dump Amy.

(Duh.)

mood
happy

outfit
clothes

playing...
Somewhere in Neverland
by All Time Low​

mentions
Mercedes, Ed, Vera

interactions
Amy

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Mason

The tears that stained her cheeks acted as a water bucket being tossed across the fire that was Mason's anger. It sizzled out nearly immediately, and the seething words being spat from his mouth ended, the cold glare turned nearly soft once more, all as the consequences of his actions faltered like ash to the ground, nearly weighing the boy's down down as he looked down at her.

At one point in time, seeing her cry would've made him demand she tell him who'd hurt her, and him enacting his revenge. Or he'd reach out, and he'd pulled her into his arms, and he'd provide some taste of warmth and comfort. Even if their relationship had been rough, he hadn't often pushed her to this brink -- or, at least, he liked to think that. He... he hoped that's how it had been, anyway.

"Tabitha, I'm--"

But his words, once a barrage of unavoidable daggers thrown into her skin, no longer held any weight, and she turned, taking off back to that fucking cop. And for a moment, Mason's lips drew back into a disgusted snarl as he watched her move away, 'cause at one point in time, it would've been him that she was running towards.

How ironic that he was now the one she was running from.

A small string of curses that sounded suspiciously like fuck uttered in a thousand different ways dripped from his tongue, and then Mason brought the heel of his shoe slamming into Tabitha's door, and then he was storming off down the sidewalk.

Fuck her. Fuck her. Fuck her.

He didn't give a single fuck.

--------------​

Hold the cameras, fuck off, and choke on a dick.

Yes, Mason was damn near fucking smiling. It was about the closest thing that the stoic man would ever reach -- a vague upturning on the sides of his lips, and nothing more. There was no cheerful light to his eyes, or a warmer, looser demeanor. The only semblance that Mason might be something other than angry was the faintest hints of a smile, and it was... kind of thanks to Lola.

Kind of.

This was probably the most he'd really smiled, or felt comfortable in a relationship in... fuck, probably forever.

Well, since Adriane. Sure, she might've treated him poorly (according to others, of course -- Mason never found her blows, both physical and verbal, to be of anything vile, but rather how she showed her love for him), but at the end of the day, she'd drawn a smile and a different person out of him. And to some degree, the same could nearly be said about Lola, although she... certainly didn't pull him as far as Adri did.

Thankfully, Raven had offered to take Ari for the fair -- or, rather, begged. Her video had been amusing, and Mason had fucked with her for a bit. He'd had every intention of letting her take Ari, because there was no way he could keep his daughter away from the other maternal figure she had. Even if she managed to fuck Mason over a lot and pissed him off damn near daily, she was...

He wasn't going to fucking say it.

(She was family.)

Plus, even though he'd contemplated the idea of allowing Lola to meet Ariana, Mason had ultimately decided that it was too soon. Although the fact that he was even considering it as a possibility clearly said a lot.

Mason glanced around, though, suddenly realizing that there really wasn't much to do at these fairs without a kid.

"What do ya ahh..." he glanced over at Lola. "What do ya wanna do...? I'm not playin' any of those rigged fuckin' carnie games, though. I ain't givin' my money to some fucker that's got nothin' better goin' for them than scammin' kids."

Yes, he'd lost money when he was younger trying to win a couple stuffed toys for Drake and Adri, and it still stung.

They'd won in the end, though, by stealing the plushies.

Fucking fuckers.

mood
ehhh

outfit
def flannel

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
Raven, Tabitha

interactions
Lola

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
Lola
mood
outta my comfort zone

outfit
Casual

Mentions
Mason, Bex (unknowingly)

tags
Winona Winona

Lola was... outside.

Sure she'd been going out a bit more recently (senior year whoopie?), but it still was odd to her.

There were a plethora of reasons for this. For starters she had pretty much decided to be a hermit since moving to California. Not in her home though, there was a little hole in the wall shack with decent Wi-Fi and a tolerable crowd she hung out at all the time. Look she was used to "unsavory" people so they didn't scare her. And honestly with her skill set she made a few bucks off them from time to time.

Just consider her a cyber mercenary. Her loyalty was where the money was. (after all without her sister all she had was herself)

When you spend your whole life scraping the bottom of the barrel for every little dime, you don't just stop cold turkey. Lola was a hustler in every sense oof the word even tho she wasn't the type to brag.

Why? Because she wasn't going be living like a trust-fund baby...well not in the traditional sense. She was very well aware of the fact once she graduated she would be kicked out of the house with nothing to her name just like she arrived here a year ago. In fact she'd already have been since she's 18 if it wasn't for the fact her sperm doner is a politician and it's election year.

So, she had an extra year. Not that it mattered.

She had a plan to get everything she deserved. Which lead to the second reason she stayed out of the limelight and out of sight most of the time...she was here for a good time not a long time.

She had every intension of blowing this popsicle stand the moment she graduated and dipping back home to Chicago. Was she going to college? Probably not, but she wasn't sticking around here.

What for? She'd moved across the country from everything she'd ever known. And for what? Some dead beat? Fuck that bastard, his wife, and his kids. The amount of times she'd imagine what this place burning to the ground would feel like is a bit scary. Because she knew she'd feel amazing.

She was no pyro, but she couldn't wait to see them have even just a taste of what he'd put her family through.

So why the change of mind? She'd tell anyone who bothered to ask that she decided it was her last year of this Bullshit so might as well make it a decent one.

But maybe...just maybe there was more.

Perhaps there was a bit of change of heart...well tweak, can't say change when she's still pretty set on leaving, but she just might have finally have met someone worth missing if when she goes.

Yah, yah, yah it was fucking cheesy, but she didn't actually give a rats ass. He was (ugh she wanted to gag just thinking about saying it) different, ok?

His little black book and the way everyone talked about him and treated him would say otherwise, but there was just something about him that made her want to fucking I don't know...see what he's about at least. She by no means intended to get deep with him, but...here they were hanging out at a fair together...talking. She couldn't really say 'it's just a hook up' now could she.

"What do ya ahh..." Mason glanced over at her. "What do ya wanna do...? I'm not playin' any of those rigged fuckin' carnie games, though. I ain't givin' my money to some fucker that's got nothin' better goin' for them than scammin' kids."

His question got the cogs in her mind turning because really...what do you do at these kinda things? "Nah I agree, that's a waste...but?" She hummed in thought a moment, "What about scammin the scammers?" She tilted her head towards him with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "A kid can have a blast, and we ruin the motherfuckers day giving us a bit of a kick too." she offered.

She wasn't sure how keen he'd been on the idea of fucking with people for fun...at least people in her book who deserved it not like regular people. Then again that's what this was right? Them...getting to know each other?

She supposed if he shout it down they could do something boring like grab a bite to eat, or see if any of the non-game stands were worth a damn.
coded by reveriee.

Juliette Jameson
The Sweet Escape

The fair
Apologize or die, your choice
interactions

mentions; Teddy, Willow
Interactions: Star
starkravingsane starkravingsane

Who did he think he was? With his… model-like face and perfectly curved lips, sun-kissed skin and–

“Oh, fuck you. What? Now you’re trying to flirt with me after almost crashing into me?!” Juliette was… definitely blowing things out of proportion and making it a bigger deal than it was, but when was she not?

She thrived on her dramatics. Nothing was ever too small in her world, unless it was a completely out of pocket insult she’d thrown at someone– everything was a big deal when she was involved.

Her blue gaze settled on the hand he extended, making a show not to shake it as her eyes narrowed, meeting his gaze and taking a beat before responding.

What kind of name was Star, anyway?

You’d think that Juliette would never give him the time of day, a man who clearly couldn’t admit he made a mistake, jumping to flirt with the attractive brunette who cursed him out– all of it screamed red flag.

Not to mention his car and Precious’s obvious guard-stance against the attractive stranger.

“... JJ.”

You thought wrong.

If there was anything else Juliette “thrived” on, it was attention. She was no better than any other seventeen year old girl in her grade– a compliment or two her way had Juliette… well, it had her agreeing with them, but… Star was…

hot for one, something about him screamed money and it wasn’t just because he had a decent car…

And...

Juliette had finally set her eyes on a possible rebound and a good enough tool to make Teddy go insane. Which yeah, was obviously the plan. They were over or whatever but Jules was going to make it her mission to make him suffer.

He wanted to fuck some trailer-trash whore? Two could play at that game. Juliette Jameson was the queen of revenge.

She was selfish.

A bitch.

Probably a bunch of things, but what she wasn’t?

Was a pushover.

“Compliment me all you want, but that doesn’t change the fact you’re probably missing a few brain cells if you didn’t see me literally right next to you, you’re so lucky you didn’t sideswipe my fucking car.” She’d totally would like, somehow make his insurance suffer for more than the cost actually was.

It’s possible. Trust me.

“I actually have somewhere to be, so if we’re done here?” Oh, she did not wanna be done here without giving him her number...

but obvi, JJ had more important things to do than talk to sexy assholes in a parking lot.

“You’re like, literally ruining half of my warm-up time.”
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Ready to argue with anyone who looks at her.

OUTFIT: Fair fit

basics
MENTIONS:
Marina
Sawyer
Justin
Oph
Rob

INT:
Marina fieldofclover fieldofclover
tags
TL;DR Being hot and evil
tl;dr
Vera
i will either find a way, or make a way.
Vera was pissed. And not just her usual, petty way. This summer had been some of the lowest months of her life, all of the progress she'd made trying to get over her father's death had gone out the window the minute Oliver had proposed to her mother.

Summer had flown by in a flurry of moving boxes and slamming doors as she tried to avoid her new step family as much as possible. There was something about Oliver and his daughter Sawyer that made her blood boil. They had moved into her childhood home, shoving the Diaz's things out of the way to make room for the Andrews instead.

Vera hated the Andrews.

Between the chaos of a wedding, moving the Andrews in, and sulking in her room to avoid interacting with her waking nightmare, Vera had practically missed the entire summer. And what a summer to miss. There was so much drama at Newcastle that Vera had spent almost 3 hours on the phone with JJ and Tabs trying to catch up on all the hot gossip.

Even chatting with some of the biggest gossips in school wasn't enough to make up for the summer Vera had missed, so she decided to make her presence known at the county fair. Usually, she wouldn't stoop so low, but Vera had been making a lot of questionable decisions recently and getting herself back on the Newcastle social scene was worth enduring the corniness of the fair.

Of course, she would never dare to go alone and look like a total loser, so she roped Marina into her end of summer plans. They didn't always get along, but Vera could definitely count on her to let her in on all the latest drama and help make her county fair experience less traumatizing.

And if Vera went with a friend, well then she might just be able to avoid certain people she was not looking forward to facing. Like Justin. Or that Oph girl. Or Sawyer. Or...Rob

However working the kissing booth made the likelihood of that near impossible. She desperately needed the credit from student council for running the booth since she'd been MIA all summer, but her string of questionable choices lately made the possibility of kissing certain someone's quite unbearable. Really, kissing anyone in her foul mood sounded like torture.

"This place stinks." Vera scrunched up her nose, in both a physical and mental reaction to the fair grounds. The smell of mud and hay was only partially covered by the sweet aroma of sugary treats and hot dogs.

Her arms crossed across her chest defensively as she looked around, preparing to bite the head off of anyone who dared to look at her funny. She had dropped off the social scene very suddenly, and she wasn't exactly in the mood to talk about the leaches who had sucked the peace out of her home life.

Vera's plan was simply to deny that Sawyer was her step-sister. In fact, she was just going to pretend Sawyer didn't exist at all. And anyone who dared bring it up was getting the absolute worst of Vera's sharp tongue.

"So, tell me everything. The last three months have been the dramapocalypse at Newcastle."
She turned to her friend eagerly, desperate to know what she'd missed and find out how she could exploit that information to her best interest. Plus, the longer Marina talked the longer Vera could avoid the kissing booth.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back