• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Newcastle (Open!!)

Characters
Here

Ashton West

Viv was literally so freaking amazing, and she'd totally helped to relax Ash. Like, it had been forever -- or so it felt -- since she'd actually felt, like, this comfortable with someone. And she was giggling, and she was smiling, and talking with Viv kind of felt like talking with Liv, but also a little different. It was... like... kind of hard to explain. But maybe because Viv understood her better?

It... didn't make much sense, but whatever.

So they were holding hands, talking, giggling, all until it came time for them to actually say their lines. And Ash had been doing this for nearly forever, so it was easy for her -- she said her lines, they did another couple takes just to have a few options, and then Ash was done. All they had left to do were Viv's, except that it was clear the poor girl wasn't a natural, and this was for sure new to her.

She kind of gave Viv a thumbs up, a little smile of approval as she struggled, and then finally... she actually did it. And it was totally perfect. She clapped, a broad smile on her face, and then it was time to bid farewell.

(Ash totally got those digits before she left, though, so.)

And she totally would've hung around longer, except that she had only a few hours to head home, get changed and cleaned up, and then... it was back to the studio for a couple more hours with Maggie.

-------------​

"Dead."

"Listen, could you just--"

"No, no, you listen," Ash snapped into her phone. "What in the fuck is wrong with you? Did you even tell mom? If I don't kill you, she's totally going to."

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission, Ash," Jace responded through the phone, and she simply rolled her eyes in response. "Look, we're on our way back, but Dorian and I are a couple minutes behind, so if you could just--"

"Oh, no, no, no," she responded. "If you think I'm getting involved in your little... stupid... situation, I'm not. I'm not helping you with anything, okay? You can explain to mom and dad when you get here why Dorian and you know who are at their front door."

"But--"

Before her brother could finish his thought, Ash ended the call and fell back on her bed, dropping her phone to the comforter beside her. She let out a huff of breath, her gaze focused on the billowy curtains of the fabric that hung around her bed as a sort of canopy. Lights had been woven through it, and kind of caused a sense of peace late at night when she was trying to fall asleep.

Right now, though, it did nothing to stop her blood from boiling.

Her fingers curled into the blanket underneath her, her breath wavering as she struggled to exhale.

"Ashton!" her mother's voice sounded, clearly angry, and she sat up quickly, her heart pounding in her chest at the tone. "Ashton, come down here and please explain to me what is going on."

She rolled her eyes. Couldn't Jace do that?

Her phone lit up with a text, and she picked it up to view a message from her brother, which...

Oh.

Explained that her mother had no idea that Dorian, and especially not Lucky, were coming to stay here.

She rolled her eyes, and pushed herself up from the bed.

-------------​

Few things were able to get Elise West to a point of seething so much that she could barely see straight, or barely manage to keep herself looking calm and collected. But opening the door to see him standing there was certainly enough to cause her to teeter on that edge. And she'd wasted no time, instantly assuming that this was none other than her brat of a daughter's doing.

So first, she'd gone about summoning Ashton to come down and explain what was going on, and then she'd gone to call her husband in case things went south, and the boy needed to be detained.

(Elise was really hoping he would.)

"Listen," Ash began to speak as she started down the steps. Her previous outfit was now adorned with the much needed accessory of a jean jacket that was, clearly, a little too big for her -- but it was less about looking good, and more about the principle of the matter or... whatever. Plus, like, she wasn't about to risk leaving this stupid jacket somewhere before she could set it ablaze.

"I had nothing to do with this, Jace can..." she trailed off as she approached, her gaze moving to Lucky's face as she did. Her mouth was still agape, and it took a moment for her to close it, her lips pressing together tightly as she tore her gaze away from him to look at her mother. "Look, I had nothing to do with this, okay? This was literally all Jace's doing. You don't want him here, and guess what? Neither do I."

At about this time, she could hear another car pulling up outside. "See? That's totally Jace and Dorian. Go ask them if you don't believe me."

Elise was clearly still seething, but at least now her seething had been shifted from Ash to Jace.

She stormed to the front door, throwing it open and heading outside, the door slamming shut behind her.

Ash looked away from the door, her eyes narrowing as she walked closer to her stupid ex-boyfriend.

"You know," she started. "This is really low, even for you."

She stood for a moment, still seething, and still trying to process a range of emotions that were just like... listen, it was confusing, okay? It was hard for her to explain, even in a monologue written by someone else, but it was just...

"Anyway, so nice seeing you, but I'm actually really busy and I have to go find a lighter," Ash said with a smirk, and then she brushed past him, making sure to shoulder check him on her way. "I always thought this jacket would look better with some burn marks, right?"

mood
annoyed

outfit
clothes feat. a jean jacket

playing...
16 Steps
by Olivia Holt​

mentions
Dorian, Jace

interactions
Vivian, Lucky

tags
jazzyball jazzyball gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Brody Jesson

Listen...

Brody loved Amy. He really did.

But the instant she'd started explaining to him what had happened at that dude's party, he'd absolutely lost it. Like died laughing as she'd explained it to him, and it'd been kind of late at night, so he'd eventually had to put his phone down when his mom had called up that he needed to pipe down, 'cause her and his grandpa were trying to sleep.

So, listening to the ocean lapping against the little boathouse, Justin slipped into sleep.

And... the next couple weeks were pretty much the same. Not much happened. Justin hung around with his friends, went out on his boat, surfed a couple times -- normal summer things. Oh, and he'd met a hot chick. Took her out a couple times, nothing much, and she left.

(Yes, he did get lucky before she left.)

And it all had led up to... drumroll please... Justin attending Mercedes Camus' birthday party, aka his ex-girlfriend. They'd had a pretty easy breakup, or so he'd thought. Nothing about their "relationship" had been serious -- just a little fooling around, a little summer fun for a few weeks before he'd grown bored and called it quits. He'd thought she was on the same page as he'd been, except that then it had been all weird about her party.

If she was gonna talk to Elena, then Justin should get the right to go to her party. You didn't get a man's sister without him tagging along, especially when she happened to have his kidney. Like either way, he was gonna technically be at the party.

So he'd grabbed Amy, and they were there, now at the party.

It happened to be a mixture of Mer's birthday party, and some chick's engagement party. That part of it was boring as hell, and really... it took down the entire mood of the party.

Justin took a sip of his juice, and then he grinned at Amy.

"Hey, babe, tell me when you see your man, huh?" He asked, his grin widening at the reference to Hunter.

mood
happy

outfit
clothes

playing...
Somewhere in Neverland
by All Time Low​

mentions
Mercedes, Valerie

interactions
Amy

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Lucky DuBois

He’d imagined this moment at least a thousand times. He’d gone over hundreds of scenarios in his head that involved him coming face to face with Elise and just exactly her reaction would be. Some of them were a bit unrealistic: head exploding, rabid raccoon attack and one even had her apologizing.

Like he said, they were all pretty unrealistic. But silence? Shock? Confusion? He’d just caught Elise fucking West by surprise and she looked like she was having a complete total meltdown. It wasn’t obvious, but that wasn’t Elise’s MO, but Lucky knew. He knew that he’d had the upper hand and that filled him with a sense of pride and retribution. He couldn’t hide his amusement as the smirk only grew at Elise’s reaction.

“Ashton.” The smirk quickly fell from his face as she bellowed for her youngest child. “Ashton, come down here and please explain to me what is going on.” She was here. Why the fuck was his ex-girlfriend here? Yeah, he knew she lived here. He’s not an idiot, but, like, shouldn’t she be out starting fires or getting ice cream or lowering her standards with that Doucheton guy? Not here. Not when he had Elise on the verge of a mental fucking breakdown. Not when he was so close to finally sticking it to the bitch that ruined his life.

“Listen,” His gaze darted to her the moment she began descending the stairs. He had always seemed to find her whenever she entered a room. “I had nothing to do with this, Jace can…” Her eyes met his. He hadn’t seen her since the breakup. Mags had made some attempts, but they were both too smart for her. She looked amazing…you know…if you were into really hot, beautiful, sexy— “Look, I had nothing to do with this, okay? This was literally all Jace’s doing. You don’t want him here, and guess what? Neither do I.” —blonde girls who were wearing his fucking jacket!

“See? That’s totally Jace and Dorian. Go ask them if you don’t believe me.” Jace and Dorian deserved exactly what they had coming to them. He loved his cousin, but even if he didn’t know about this situation, he knew Ash was in town. Knew that he’d never agree to come if he’d known and still thought it best to keep it from him.

The door slammed behind him and it was one more reassurance that he’d won this battle. His smirk softly returned to his face as he looked over at Ash. They usually enjoyed it when Elise was upset, but the narrowed eyes and the furrowed brow told him that this wasn’t going to be one of those moments.

“You know,” He tensed as she walked closer. Proximity had always been one of their issues. “This is really low, even for you.” He kept direct eye contact. He was never one to back down, even when she was pissed. She hated it. He thought it was hilarious. “This was literally all Jace’s doing.” He motioned toward her. “Your words, Blair, not mine.” He said as he dropped his duffel bag on the floor beside him.

They stood there in silence. He was internally freaking out. It felt…oddly familiar, but he knew that everything had changed. And she was seething. Allowing her brain to calculate all the various emotions that were cycling through her head. He was just counting himself lucky that she hadn’t slapped him yet.

“Anyway, so nice seeing you, but I’m actually really busy and I have to go find a lighter.” His smirk turned to a scowl as she mentioned fire. He knew that fucking fire was fake. “I always thought this jacket would look better with some burn marks, right?” He rolled his eyes and couldn’t help but smirk as she shoulder checked him as she passed. Always so predictable.

“I don’t think so.” He said as he followed shortly after. Her path led him directly to the kitchen. Lucky watched from the doorway, an amused look on his face as she searched various drawers. This felt nostalgic. Too fucking nostalgic.

“If you want to burn something, why don’t you try cooking? That always seemed to help.” He said as he pushed himself off the frame and made his way further into the room. “Jacket looks a little more worn than I remember…” He said as his eyes met hers. “Be honest…you didn’t put it on just for little old me, did you?”

mood
defeated

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Light Em Up

by Fall Out Boy

mentions
Dorian, Jace, Ash

interactions
Elise, Ash, Dorian, Jace

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Amethyst J.
mood
party #2?

outfit
Pretty N Pink

Mentions
Slut, Hunter, Bex

tags
Winona Winona

Sometimes and only sometimes Amy hated her best friend.

Ok this wasn't true at all she could never hate Justin, but! She was embarrassed enough experiencing what happened at Damien's party with Hunter, then to be laughed at about it was the worst. At least since it was texting she didn't have to HEAR it, but she knew he as because she knew him.

Ugh why did she even bother telling him again? She should've just told Bex. Guy friends are stupid. Yet another lie, but she was in a mood.

Ugh how could she be so blind! Rereading over the messages with the new context just made her feel worse becaues...it was kinda obvious. She really should've pressed more for a name earlier on and avoided the whole mess. At least he was nice about it, so no harm done except to her already fragile ego and pride. What's another chip away at her crumbling self-esteem?

She tried her best as the week went by to forget about it and get back on board with proving Justin wrong. She wasn't sure how, but she'd think of something. There was that cute guy from Pre-Cal...but he was really sweet and cute and so while they hit things off...that wasn't really going to be no strings attached if that went any further. She was far too nervous to try for farther with him. The pictures were hard enough.

She needed a nice enough guy who was cute, but not too nice or too cute because then she'd like them.

You'd think a girl with best friends who had nicknames like slut and BJ would have zero problems getting laid. Maybe it was the whole lack of sex appeal thing.

Speaking of which the only people who seem to think she IS getting laid think it's with her best friends, which was weird and uncomfortable...and why are they at BOTH of their parties right now??? If memory served her right neither of these girls were fond of either of them. The Instagram comments told her as much, so unless she missed a new memo...why were they here? Did they really have nothing better to do then this? She was missing a raid for this...

Though she probably should have just asked before hoping into the car. Problem was she was kinda used to Justin taking her around to whatever event floats his boat she didn't think to ask where they were going specifically. And now here they are. Just as she was about to turn to ask, of course... he just couldn't help himself. He just had to remind her about last weekend~

"H-huh?!" Her cheeks flushed bright red knowing exactly what he was referring to. She cleared her throat looking away from him trying to sound confident, "I don't know what you're talking about! Told you I'mma new girl this year. I don't do repeats." she shrugged her shoulder a bit before looking back at him, "two down a sea of fish to go." Even though they both knew damn well neither of those guys counted for shit.

Who was she trying to fool or prove anything to? Honestly? No clue. Why she was so set on dying on this hill they both knew deep down she wasn't gonna pull through on was beyond her. Maybe just the thought of trying to revamp her look or reputation to something cooler then what she was seemed nice. To be looked at as kinda a heartthrob or awesome like girls tended to look at him...but you know by guys. For once not being the one to get her heart broken.

She didn't wanna break peoples hearts or anything, she just wanted to not have hers played with for once. Was that too much to ask?

"Anyways, tell me again why we're at your ex's party? Sure YOU aren't the one looking for round two?" She raised a curious brow at him with a smirk before taking a sip of her own drink (which was water cause she's lame).

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:

Ashton West

She'd kind of expected him to follow her -- not that she, like, had wanted him to or anything. That would just be freaking weird, but on the other hand... well, she did really want him to see when she tossed his stupid jacket into the fire pit.

Like maybe then he'd feel a tiny little fraction of the hurt she'd felt when he'd told her about the cheating.

Ash paused in her fumbling through the drawers for a moment, until Lucky spoke up again.

“If you want to burn something, why don’t you try cooking? That always seemed to help.”

"Oh fuck you," Ash said as she glared over at him. He walked further into the kitchen, which kind of just sent him closer to her, and she slammed the drawer shut that she'd been rummaging through, all the while keeping her angry gaze on him. "Make all the stupid jokes you want. You're gonna be crying soon. Like, as soon as I find the stupid lighter or... matches or something."

(No, she'd never actually started a fire purposely, but she understood the idea. It wasn't like it was hard. And Liv had dated that fire boy for a while, so Ash had picked up a few tips.)

Ash began to rummage through the next drawer, doing her best to ignore Lucky's presence. He was starting to speak again, but right as he did, she actually managed to find a lighter. So she pulled it out, holding it tightly in her hand, before she closed the drawer and turned to face him, her arms crossing over her chest while she leaned against the counter.

“Jacket looks a little more worn than I remember…” He said as his eyes met hers. “Be honest…you didn’t put it on just for little old me, did you?”

She scoffed, rolling her eyes at what he said. "You're kidding me, right?" Ash asked as she dropped her arms and walked closer to him, keeping her gaze locked on his. "I haven't touched this jacket since we broke up, but I'm so glad I kept it..." now, she was stopped nearly right in front of him, her lips pressing into a smirk, "because I actually just pulled it out the other day, and it turns out Dalton totally loves it on me."

Yeah, she'd never actually worn the jacket around Dalton, but who really cared? It wasn't like Lucky was going to bring this up with him, and anything that could pain him, like... even a little bit was totally worth it in her mind right now.

... Right?

Right.

"Shame, really, but I guess whatever. He prefers it when I'm wearing less, anyway," Ash continued with a shrug, and now she held the lighter up between them, a smile on her face. "Now if you don't mind, I've got, like, a couple hours before I have to leave, so... I need to go burn this."

mood
annoyed

outfit

playing...
16 Steps
by Olivia Holt​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Lucky

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Lucky DuBois

“Oh fuck you,” Okay. Spoiler alert. Lucky could be a dick. He never denied it. And he never would. Yes. He “cheated”. And yeah. He shouldn’t really get any sense of pleasure in her overwhelming irritation, but he couldn’t help it. It was entertaining. And she was always so…

“Make all the stupid jokes you want.” He thought the joke was pretty funny. The one time he let her in the kitchen and there was a fire. She didn’t even turn the stove on. It was still a mystery. “You’re gonna be crying soon. Like, as soon as I find the stupid lighter or…matches or something.” He rolled his eyes. Seriously? He liked the jacket, loved it even, but it wasn’t what this was about. It was the principle. It was his. And she wanted to make a huge fucking deal about exchaning stuff, then it should be returned to him in the same condition as he left it.

“You’re kidding me, right?” Thought he wasn’t funny? His eyes narrowed as she began to approach him in her usual, annoying way. “I haven’t touched this jacket since we broke up, but I’m so glad I kept it…” To burn it. He got it. She wanted to hurt him by burning his favorite jacket. “...because I actually just pulled it out the other day, and it turns out Dalton totally loves it on me.” He did his best not to react. It’s what she wanted and he refused…fucking refused to give it to her. He’s the one who got the shit end of the deal, not her. She got the coosh life while his entire life had been uprooted and changed…because of her.

“Haven’t touched the jacket?” A bemused smirk formed on his face as he reached out and ran his fingers across the right shoulder. “That fraying wasn’t there before.” He said with a small shrug. “I guess it happened sitting in a box in your closet.” He said pretty pleased with himself. “Shame, really, but I guess whatever. He prefers it when I’m wearing less, anyway,” His hand balled into a fist at his side. He knew what she was doing. She was trying to get him to react. She was trying to rub it in his face that she’s moved on. That she’s over him. He got the message. Loud and fucking clear. He didn’t need Daltwat to be thrown in his face every fucking second. Even though the guy appeared to want her literally six feet in the ground. Steroids will do that to a dude.

Her smug smile only infuriated him more. “Now if you don’t mind, I’ve got, like, a couple hours before I have to leave, so…I need to go burn this.” His gaze dropped momentarily before returning with a brand new smirk. “You know what your problem is?” He leaned in close. “You always show your hand before you’ve won, Blair.” He snatched the lighter quickly from her hand and returned to an upright position. “Now, if you’ll just return the jacket and show me to my quarters, I’ll get out of your hair. I’m sure you don’t want to keep Dalton waiting.”

mood
defeated

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Light Em Up

by Fall Out Boy

mentions
Dorian, Jace, Ash

interactions
Elise, Ash, Dorian, Jace

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Brody Jesson

She was legit funny right now, especially in her absolute denial. It was kind of cute, how Amy was absolutely refusing to admit that this just wasn't her. Plus, what kind of point was she even trying to point?

Just because Justin happened to have a little fun every now and again with various chicks didn't mean that Amy needed to follow in his footsteps, nor that she should. She was... better off just staying as she was. Plus he didn't really want another Bex situation, with another chick that was trying to figure out who the chicks he was talking were. Or, rather... Oph situation.

(To be honest, he didn't really know who Ophelia even was, aside from Bex's other half.)

"Right, two down," Justin echoed, although he didn't really think she had any guys down. It was... well, different, because Amy was Amy, and he wasn't sure she was even capable of the whole... freaking... one night stand business.

"George one of those two? Is that his name? Math dude?" He smirked. "Because you looked real comfortable in those pictures."

"Anyways, tell me again why we're at your ex's party? Sure YOU aren't the one looking for round two?" She asked, which earned a surprised look from Justin.

"God, yeah, I'm sure," he assured her. "She invited freaking Elena to this party and Elena said that her invitation to me was fake, so ahhh
... I'm here to ahh..."

He trailed off as he realized he had no real reason.

"It's not to get her back."

mood
happy

outfit
clothes

playing...
Somewhere in Neverland
by All Time Low​

mentions
Mercedes, Valerie

interactions
Amy

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

See, she was trying to stay angry. And she was, to some extent, except that there was like... the whole... she didn't know, alright? It was just, like, really confusing -- to be near him, to be with him. The last couple of months had been rough, because she'd just tried to forget that he existed altogether as opposed to attempting to move on. "Lucky? Who? Never heard of him," type of deals, all up until she received the news that he was coming here.

First to just California.

Then to Newcastle.

And now in her freaking house.

The waves of panic had just gotten worse and worse with every new detail, until she'd almost felt like she could barely see. Like she'd become convinced she was just in some kind of bad, never-ending nightmare, except pinches and pain were supposed to wake you from dreams or something. And none of it had -- she'd remained firmly rooted here, being forced to slowly accept this as her new reality.

“Haven’t touched the jacket?” He smirked, and she wanted to slap the look off his face, and then his fingers brushed against her shoulder, and she wanted to slap his hand away.

There was a little voice inside her head screaming to just give up, to walk away, because distance was the necessary answer here -- except she didn't.

She was really good at always making the wrong decisions.

Exhibit A: the dick standing in front of her.

“That fraying wasn’t there before.” He said with a small shrug. “I guess it happened sitting in a box in your closet.”

Asshole.

She hadn't worn it. Swore up and down that she hadn't, except for maybe a couple of times when she'd just needed to grab something quick, or like... her jackets were all dirty or something. Last resort type of stuff, which hardly counted.

(Obviously having a housekeeper like they did meant that Ash always had jackets, but it was the only argument she could really roll with.)

But, whatever, it didn't really matter because the jacket was going to be gone soon enough.

... Or, it was supposed to be.

“You know what your problem is?” He leaned in close, and her heart kind of pounded in her chest, her mind swirling with a battle inside where she contemplated just... you know... slapping that smug look right off his face. “You always show your hand before you’ve won, Blair.” He snatched the lighter from her and straightened up, which simply earned a surprised gasp from her. “Now, if you’ll just return the jacket and show me to my quarters, I’ll get out of your hair. I’m sure you don’t want to keep Dalton waiting.”

"Oh, over my dead body," Ash snapped back, her eyebrows furrowing together in annoyance. Her gaze was set on the lighter, before moving back up to his face. "Surprise, but you can't keep me from destroying it forever."

She huffed, before moving closer to him. "I'll just keep this jacket with me all the time," Ash responded, "just... toss it in the trash or something when I'm out."

Yeah, Ash was determined to keep it from him.

And then she lunged for the lighter, her hand coming to rest on his chest for balance, but per usual, he managed to keep it just out of her reach and pull it behind his back, which just earned another annoyed huff from the angry blonde.

"Oh my god-- give me the freaking lighter," she snapped, her hand lightly smacking his chest before she tried to grab at it again, but again missing. Ash groaned, finally glaring back up at him. "You know this is theft, and my dad's literally a cop."

mood
annoyed

outfit

playing...
16 Steps
by Olivia Holt​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Lucky

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Amethyst J.
mood
party #2?

outfit
Pretty N Pink

Mentions
Mer, Syd

tags
Winona Winona

Just because she was clearly bluffing didn't mean he had to call her out on it. In a weird way even though they both knew the truth...this was kinda fun. She really did have the goal of branching out and talking to more people this year, so this was a awkwardly fun kinda way to do so. You know pretending to be a party girl who had casual sex.

Look trying to understand this girls thought process is a losing battle.

Back to the fact he couldn't just let here try and be smooth about it, "O-oh uh...yes? I mean clearly! We cuddled in the picture that should count for something right?" letting a goofy grin curl onto her lips at the memory. It was wayyy out of her comfort-zone, but she kinda just pictured herself as like a model. Just posing for a shoot with a cute guy. The laughing was genuine, though she forgot what they were talking about. He was really light with pretty eyes.

She bit her lip a bit shyly, "Though do you think I have a chance of him liking me? I mean he was real nice about the whole thing." She muttered softly before taking another sip of her drink scanning the crowd if there was anyone here she actually recognized. "Not that I'm interested or whatever in what's his face, just you know...curious." she pained on another cheesy grin. He couldn't possibly be worse then her ex's right? She could totally try for something once the gig was officially up.

Amy was originally joking but his response made her give him an 'are you serious?' look. So sure he might not be here to get back with her, but honestly that'd would've been a better reason then the one he just gave. They are seriously crashing this girls birthday party because she gave him a fake invite and only wanted his sister???

Usually that would've made Amy ten times more uncomfortable, and dreading the rest of the night. Luckily, BJ tended to have a habit of making any kind of night fun for her. There were plenty of things that she typically didn't do or enjoy on her own, but when she did them with him they were ten times more fun. She hoped tonight would fall into that category as well.

"Suuuure. So she's not gonna get mad or anything seeing you here right?" She asked knowing the actual answer was probably yes. "Or me since she probably hates me or something." Honestly he'd probably have done better bringing Syd then her to curve any drama from happening. He's big and strong maybe she could just hide behind him and Mercedes will never even notice she was here. Use his natural charm to get them out of the mess he put them in.~

coded by reveriee.

Raven Rivera
home
tired idfk
something casual
interactions

Winona Winona

“Her dress is ugly.”

Raven looked up from the laptop and glanced at the TV. Ari was watching some cartoon about a Hispanic family. She’d compare it to Dora, but it was a show that didn’t make the children feel incapable of knowing a color. Shows like this were a good way to introduce her to Spanish at a young age.

“Don’t you agree? She’s ugly.” Andi said, looking over at Ariana who stood in front of the television. She had this new habit of standing close to the TV and Raven didn’t have the energy anymore to scold her because of it.

“Mami,” Raven warned, returning back to her laptop, staring at a blank doc and watching the text bar blink, practically begging and pleading to be filled with words.

She just… had no inspiration. Hasn’t in months.

“What? It's a question, can I not ask questions now? Don’t give me some bull–” Andi looked towards the child and back to Raven, “... something about letting her form her own opinions, she’s three.”

“You’re gonna make her think it’s okay to spew that at other kids,” an email reminder about this month’s rent had appeared on her screen, she sighed before shutting down the laptop and standing up from the table.

She had spent a good amount of this month’s rent money on Jade’s bail. Which meant that Raven needed to delve into the emergency fund and it’d been weighing quite a bit of stress on her for the last week.

“Which is not gonna get us…” She lifted Ari from behind, swinging her gently and resulting in a fit of giggles before dropping her onto the couch. “Very far in preschool.”

“I like her dress.” Ari said, and a grin appeared on Raven’s lips. “And she likes her dress.”

A click of Andi’s tongue was audible, waving her daughter’s words away. “Ey, whatever, I’m just saying my dress for my quince was horrible, but not that bad.”

“It’s a cartoon.” She said, leaning her body against the armrest of the couch and glancing at the time on the cable box. Raven had an “interview” with Ash West. (Interview in quotation marks because the blonde had no idea that she was taking her out for answers instead of drinks)

Well, the drinks were implied. The blonde was known to get a little chatty whenever she’s had one too many.

Which was exactly what Raven needed.

They were doing an article about the upcoming battle of the bands and their competitors, a Lucky Dubois had caught Kira's attention and with a virtual interview, he'd left many questions unanswered and honestly, quite unfulfilling. There was something more that he wasn't bringing up and what better way to learn more about him than to talk to Ashton West?

One of the label's stars, a name that kept coming up in said interview. There was more there, they just didn't know what yet.

“Is it that Sunny-sucken up one?” Andi asked and Raven gave her a look while Ari climbed on top of her, sitting on her lap and started messing with the necklace around her neck. The necklace was her grandmother’s. Ari was entranced by a simple chain with a miniature golden cross.

“Hm? Oh, the preschool? I’m trying to convince him about that… Hope Academy place, I don’t remember what it’s called.”

Andi grimaced, changing the channel on the television and giving a weary glance to the three-year-old who had the tendency to scream her head off whenever cartoons miraculously disappeared off the screen. “Don’t stick her with a bunch of rich kids, isn’t that expensive too?”

“I’ll go half with him, I think it’s worth it.”

“It’s just numbers and shapes, what more do you want them to teach her?”

“It’s not all about teaching, I just want a decent environment for her. Give her something that…” Her mother waited expectantly for her to finish and Raven shrugged, not wanting to finish the sentence.

“What? That you didn’t have? Please, Raven, it’s not like she’ll remember any of it–”

“I mean, I will. I don’t know, just knowing that I tried is–”

“That’s not your job,”

“What?”

“She’s not yours, Raven–”

“Can we not have this conversation right now?” Ari had a bigger mouth than her mother, almost everything got relayed to Mason in some shape or form. This wasn’t a topic that she particularly cared to bring up. “You were meant for so much more than taking care of someone else’s kid, you had a scholarship, money, your grandmother’s plac–”

“Things change,”

“I know, I was in the same predicament.”

A silence fell for a beat and Raven shook her head. “Don’t do that,” Ari momentarily stopped playing with the necklace, thinking that Raven was speaking to her.

“Don’t do what?”

“Compare us, we’re not similar.”

“I couldn’t name one difference between us,”

“Funny, I could.”

“Are they insults? Really? You’re gonna do that to your mother?”

“My mother taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, say it to their face.”

“I didn’t teach you that,”

“I said my mother.”

Andi went silent at that. She knew that Raven was talking about someone else and Raven felt guilty for implying it– but it was only the truth. You were a mother if you stepped up.

If you didn’t…

“What’s a quince?” The small voice had caught Raven off-guard, almost relieved that Ariana’s question wasn’t about the subtle argument that she had with Andi.

“It… is a party that some girls have to celebrate becoming a woman.”

“It’s very fun,” Andi chimed in, “there’s music, dancing, much, much prettier dresses…” Her mother’s words were drowned out by the three year old speaking up. “Did you have one?” Ari asked Raven, letting go of the necklace.

“Mmmm, no, I didn’t want one.” She wasn’t going to elaborate further than that, whose dream was it to depress a three year old? “I want a party,” The kid said and Raven laughed at her admission, nodding. “That’s in a super long time from now, but I think we could make that happen.”

She felt her mother’s gaze on them but when Raven looked over at her, she looked away.

“Why don’t you go try and wake Jade up? We’ll go get…”

“Pancake.”

“I– sure, whatever you want.”

Ari dashed for Raven’s bedroom and she waited till the footsteps faded away from them before she spoke up. “Don’t do that again.”

A knock came at the door.

“You’re so–”

“I don’t care, don’t pull that shit when she’s around. It’s just fucking–”

Another knock.

“Raven,” And finally for the third time, heavy enough for her to worry before she heard Mason’s voice on the other side. “I don’t wanna hear it.” She said, standing up and unlocking the deadbolt before opening the door.

“You’re not supposed to pick her up till later, Mason.” Her gaze traveled over him and took a step outside, closing the door shut so they’d be able to talk freely without the eavesdropping of Andrea.

“You look great, I’m loving the walk of shame, you couldn’t at least go home and shower before coming over?”
coded by natasha.

Jonas twisted off the mouthpiece of his saxophone, unscrewing the ligature that held his reed. He slid his reed in its plastic case, storing it in the slot of his case where the others laid in a neat row. He had finished practicing his solo for the concert, finally getting to rest as he stored his saxophone away. "Joey!" came the voice of his mother, Meredith, from downstairs. Before he could get up from his chair, Meredith came barging into his room. "Dinner has been ready for fifteen minutes. Did you hear me the first time?"

"Mom, I was /practicing/."
The exasperation in Jonas's voice was evident as he huffed his response, walking back over to his practice stand and putting his sheet music away in its folder where it rightfully belonged. "You don't need to practice when I've cooked you a hot meal. Now it's cold and you're going to have to microwave it."

"I know, I know. You can tell me all about your day while I eat."
Jonas sighed. He wasn't upset with her or anything - in fact, she was justified in her reaction. He had heard her calling for him while he practiced, but he had decided to focus on the one part he had trouble with instead. She was clingy, but he was okay with it. She was his ride or die from day one. "Good. Now come over and hug your momma. I missed my boy."

A squeal of protest escaped Jonas's lips as Meredith crushed him in a warm embrace. "Mom!" It didn't help any. Meredith clung onto him even tighter. "Okay, okay, I get it." His mother finally let him go upon his request. "Come on, let's get a move on. I want to finish with the dishes before Wheel of Fortune." She disappeared downstairs, finally letting Jonas take a breath. It was a way of life around here - free time before dinner, dinner, then TV time with his number one fan. He liked this routine. Nothing ever changed around here - even his late father's recliner stayed firmly put in the corner of the living room after all these years. Jonas didn't mind it one bit.

newcastle.

jonas.

♡coded by uxie♡

Oliver Brewer

Oliver had had a total of exactly... zero ideas.

You see, the boy had never been particularly good about coming up with ideas right on the spot, all spontaneous and stuff, so he was absolutely relieved when she got super excited about some idea, and spouted out asking if they could go to arcade. He blinked at her for a moment, and then cracked a grin.

"'Course we can!" He agreed, "I'm a real killer on the claw machine. I'll get you whatever stuffed animal you want."

He actually wasn't that great, but one time he had picked one up by luck (and a touch of cheating) and ever since that time when he was twelve, Oliver had thought that he was a super smooth kind of fella.

"I'm also a real killer at the racing games, ya know? The ones with the little steering wheels. Totally used to wipe the floor with Felix back in the day." He continued, chuckling softly as he thought back on his past with his little brother.

mood
: )

outfit
clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
Felix

interactions
Miyu

tags
Miaow Miaow

º º code by ditto º º

Logan Cruz

Yeah, perhaps she was a little jealous at how easily this guy seemed to have taken to the whole parenting thing. Sure, Myla was older than Axel, but even what he said just felt... like he'd had it altogether since the beginning.

Logan had kind of fooled herself into thinking that she'd somehow be magically good at this whole baby thing, in the same way that she was magically good at everything. She'd assumed that Axel would've been an easy baby, and he would've been sleeping through the night -- because sure, she knew some about the difficulties that babies put their parents through, but she didn't know to what extent.

She'd expected motherhood to be another test she'd pass easily, but rather, she was clearly going to get her first F.

Attempting to stifle a yawn, and automatically failing, Logan followed Maverick to the front of the store where he politely bought the whiskey for her. She still felt kind of dirty as she hung back with her baby, and then followed after Maverick from the store.

Logan struggled to pull the car seat back out of her cart, a few hushed curses slipping out under her breath before she finally had her baby in one hand, and she could turn to Maverick with a tired, but thankful smile.

"Thanks so much," she said as she took the bag from him, and then the poor, exhausted mother was on her way.

mood
exhausted

outfit
clothes

playing...
Boston
by Augustana​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Maverick

tags
jazzyball jazzyball

º º code by ditto º º

willow.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

ava trilling

honest

Willow hadn't been in Newcastle for that long. She had only moved there in February, and she knew only a handful of people by name at this point. She had seen many faces, and some of them seemed intriguing, but she hadn't worked up the courage to approach anyone yet. Most of the people she knew had approached her first. But she had quickly bonded with Ash, who had become one of her closest friends and allies since she had moved here.

But right now, Willow was alone as she ventured through the main house, grateful to have it to herself rather than being cramped in the guest house. Her dad, Marcus, and his second wife, Elle, had gone out for the evening, and their two sons, eleven year old Dayton and seven year old Jamie, were away at some kind of sleepaway camp, which left Willow alone with her thoughts. She thought about texting one of her flings to come over to help pass the time, but decided against it. She wouldn't feel right hooking up with someone in the main house - she just couldn't go through with that. But she had no qualms about eating a special gummy.

She got up from the couch, taking the long hike over to the guest house to get something from her stash. Willow skipped over the stones that marked the path over to the guest house, hopping on one foot from one stone to the next. She swung open the door, leaving it open as she made her way inside. Her long wavy hair fell in her face as she bent over to retrieve her treat from a bag hidden in between her bed and the wall. A smile lit up her face as Willow grabbed what she was looking for. "Perfect." she whispered as she began to trek back to the main house, slamming the guest house door shut in her wake.

Willow entered the main house again, scrounging around the pantry for a snack and a drink. She eventually settled on a can of Pringles and a bottle of water before making herself comfortable on the couch with some reruns of Spongebob playing on the TV. This was the life.

♡coded by uxie♡

Lucky DuBois

“Oh, over my dead body.” He chuckled slightly at her reaction. The tiny blond always tried to act tough. Her brow would furrow, eyes would narrow and she’d puff up like a bird trying to impress its bird friends. He saw her eyes glued to the lighter. “Think you can take it from me?” He dangled it playfully in his hand. “Surprise, but you can’t keep me from destroying it forever.”

He rolled his eyes as she moved closer. His eyes fixed on her. She was smaller, but she was quick and she always liked to play dirty, but he was pretty sure she wasn’t going to use her usual tactics. “I’ll just keep this jacket with me all the time, just…toss it in the trash or something when I’m out.”

“Oh yeah?” Lucky played along. Feigned concern. “Pretty sure it’d be in a dump by now if that was the case.” He pointed out as he saw the clear determination on her face…forgetting, for just the briefest of moments, that this…wasn’t some fun game the two were playing and that they were arguing over a fucking jacket. Who does that?

“Okay…how do I look?” Tessa DuBois stepped into his room and twirled dramatically, dressed in a tight fitting t-shirt and frayed jeans.

“Super rock and roll, mom.” A twelve-year-old Lucky rolled his eyes as he strummed on his guitar. He glanced up at her and sighed. “Why can’t I go?”

“Cause the world’s coolest big brother has to watch Lennon.” She smirked as she knelt down. He gave her an incredulous look. “Hey…that’s what all the kids are saying.” She shrugged as she ruffled his hair. “Next time…I promise. You can be my date and I’ll make dad stay home.”

“Fine.” He leaned back and set the guitar down as an older man walked in. Tessa placed a finger up to her lips to infer that it was hers and Lucky’s secret. He chuckled softly as his father glanced over at him.

“What's so funny?” Hank finished tucking his shirt into his pants.

“Nothing.” He said coyly as he looked over at his mom.

“Secrets? Okay…okay…guess I’ll have to cancel the pizza I have coming.” He threatened jokingly.

“That’s child abuse. I’ll call CPS.” Lucky rebutteled.

Hank’s eyes went to Tessa’s. “He’s definitely your son.” He said with a laugh as he looked her up and down. “You look amazing.” He said as he walked into her space and placed his hand on her waist. “Just missing…one thing.” He said as he took off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders.

“Why do you always make her wear your jacket?” Lucky asked as he stood up from the couch.

“Well, Luck. I don’t know if you know this, but your mom is a stone cold fox!” Tessa blushed while Lucky cringed. “This way, while she’s up on stage and the crowd is wishing they had a shot…they all know that they don’t have a chance in hell…cause she’s taken.”

The brain is a funny thing. Picks and chooses when various thoughts or memories decide to flood in. No warning. No disclaimer. Just a big ‘we know you’re going through it right now, here’s a memory that’s gonna make it a million times worse’. Fuck the brain. Lucky returned to the moment at hand. Ash, still calculating her next move as if she stood any chance whatsoever of getting this lighter back.

And then she lunged for the lighter, her hand coming to rest on his chest. His heart immediately began to race…because he was totally caught off guard and not for any other reason, but managed to pull the lighter behind his back. She huffed and he smirked as his hand instinctually went to her waist so he could keep her at bay.

"Oh my god-- give me the freaking lighter," she snapped. “Oh…well…because you asked nicely…” He huffed out a laugh as she smacked his chest. She wasn’t getting this lighter. Ash groaned, finally glaring back up at him. "You know this is theft, and my dad's literally a cop."

“Oh…you’re gonna call Steve cause I stole a lighter?” He smirked as he glanced down at her pouting face. Her dad loved him…well..at least he did before. “Be honest…” He leaned in. “...you just wanna get me in handcuffs.” He winked.

mood
defeated

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Light Em Up

by Fall Out Boy

mentions
Dorian, Jace, Ash

interactions
Elise, Ash, Dorian, Jace

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Spencer Gray

There were moments when he hung out with Maggie that he felt relaxed, and maybe because they were at the amusement park and he just had a race with a little boy, but he felt like a kid again, before the worries, the illnesses, the pain. He felt… free. It was nice, more than nice really. If only he could pretend that this was his reality, worry free days filled with nothing but smiles, joy and laughter.

Spencer was lucky, having found a friend like Maggie in Newcastle. He’d planned to focus purely on his career, on becoming a better dancer, but moments like this where he could relax a bit, they were nice. JJ seemed convinced there was something going on between them, but he wasn’t going to do relationships for a long while. They were just friends, just as he and JJ were friends and dance partners.

“I’m glad I made that offer while we’re at an amusement park. Their biggest customers are sweet tooths; we have plenty of options.”

He smiled as he surveyed the carnival stores, plenty of popcorn, cotton candy and candied apples in sight. And those were just the sweet treats he could see at a glance. He hadn’t yet spotted any of the cake variety, but they were definitely spoiled for choice.

Spencer laughed as Maggie playfully grinned and praised him. “A high bar huh? In that case I suppose I shall look forward to your performance.” He ran with it, a mock bow to match her playful energy.

“And please,” he winked as he straightened himself, “go easy on me, so I can pick the next ride as well.”

mood
having fun

outfit
comfy and easy

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
nil

interactions
Maggie

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Elena Suarez

The venue was gorgeous, beautifully set up and perfectly highlighted the exquisite taste of its host. The perfect place to highlight her masterpiece, because really at any engagement party, the stars were not the future bride and groom but the engagement ring. There had been very little sleep in her life lately, but the end result was spectacular which made it all worth it and the party where it was being shown off had better be just as perfect.

She wasn’t about to settle for anything less than perfect. If the engagement ring had a poor debut, that could very easily hurt her business and tarnish her reputation. People were fickle and easily swayed, infuriating as that was, especially in a smaller town like Newcastle.

This wasn’t to say that Elena didn’t have confidence in Val and Jared to pull of a perfect engagement party, but she was no fool. Val and Jared might well do their part and play the perfect hosts of a beautiful engagement party, but Newcastle was like any other place, translation: there were all sorts of characters here, including the kind who could ruin a party like this and turn everything on its head with the flick of a finger. Case in point, a young boy who was prancing around the party grounds like a toddler, a stack of papers or cards in his hands who was now making a beeline for her. Great. She was not about to play babysitter at the party, she had people to meet and jewellery to sell, countless far more important things.

Oh joy. The boy was hopping over to her like he had pogo sticks for feet. It was amusing yes, but oh the thought that this could quickly transform into an annoying nuisance... Lord help her.

"Hey, hey, hey,"

Her eyes flicked from his face to his full hands. Was he going to try to sell her something?

"Ya hear 'bout the good news?" He asked as he held out an invitation to the wedding.

Elena looked down at the card that was held out to her with a raised brow.

Mer and Drake. As in Mercedes Camus? BJ’s ex? Val’s friend? The girl who had hit up her dms about another boy certainly not named Drake and boasted about how she was going to be an absolute player by the time summer was over?

Well, this… this was certainly amusing, baffling and annoying all at once. Was she trying to upstage Val at her engagement party by handing out invites to her wedding to this… Elena gave Drake a quick onceover… rabbit boy? Or was this an act of spontaneity? She’d changed her mind about hot girl summer and the other boy snappity quick and had now moved onto rabbit boy here. She did seem to be the type to have that impulsive and spontaneous streak to her. Val was not going to be happy about this and quite frankly so was she. Whatever the reason for this was, it was going to destabilise the party, upstage the newly engaged couple. Instead of Val and Jared and the beautiful engagement ring she had painstakingly designed and crafted, people would be talking about this little stunt that rabbit boy and Mer were pulling. No, no, no, she was putting a stop to this now.

“You and Mer are getting married? Huh, that is not the same name as the guy she told me about the other day. Are you guy number two?”

Yeah, she was going that route. Ever seen the bill on her shopping sprees after a fight with her dad? Elena Suarez could be petty. Very petty.

mood
yeah no

outfit
party dress

playing...
something

by someone​

mentions
Mer, Val, Jared, BJ

interactions
Drake

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

b3b39e6cd8359e97a77f398c98fa4488.jpg

Tabitha Cohen
"How hard can it be to get some damn peace and quiet?"

The Coven was an odd little place, but Tabitha found it was the perfect location to get away from the most annoying aspects of her life.

She had a wide variety of books to search through, which was just fantastic, because: 1) she adored books, and 2) she was fairly certain most of the people she was trying to avoid weren't literate enough to step foot in a library. In any case, she enjoyed spending a blissful July afternoon, sipping on a hot cup of coffee and reading a copy of her personal favorite: Medea, by Euripides. Tabitha had always liked stories about women who burn everything to the ground.

But it couldn't really last long, it never did: the second she stepped outside, her phone began buzzing in her pocket. Part of her hoped it was just Liv, sending her yet another stream of texts about setting up a date with God-knows-who at who-cares-where. That was the sort of disturbance Tabitha appreciated, even if pretended she didn't. So she wasn't all that happy when she realized it was just her mother.

Alma: Pick up your phone, Tabitha.
Alma: Are you coming home for dinner tonight?
Alma: Your father wants to know.

Her jaw clenched before she could control it. Tabitha answered with a simple, short
no, and continued her walk, now with a cigarette lit between her lips. Going home was out of the question now, so she just had to find other plans around Newcastle. In the few years since her father dragged her to this town, she had definitely not grown to love it, but Tabitha always found her ways to make do.

Damien Slater

Oh yeah, she just couldn't get enough of him. Not that Slater could really blame the chick, 'cause fucking look at him. He was fucking fun, fucking amazing. And he always had somewhere to go, such as the rave that he was planning on dragging Carissa to -- which he'd kind of just found by scrolling around on Twitter and shit, until he finally found someone talking about one.

As he pulled up in front of her house, Damien peered out through the passenger side window to see how sexy Carissa was looking -- only to be disappointed by the fucking hoodie and sweatpants that she was wearing. His lip curled back in disgust as she got into his car, and immediately started stripping.

He was excited, until...

He saw what she was wearing.

"Okay, okay," Damien said, laughing as he switched his foot from the brake to the gas pedal, and sped off away from Carissa's house. "What the fuck are you wearing?" He asked, glancing over at her again to get a better look at her outfit. "You look like a fucking... a fucking pornstar cowgirl."

He looked back out the windshield, only to realize he was about to blow through a red light, so he slammed his foot on the brake, the car coming to a screeching halt.

mood
; )

outfit
rave clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Carissa

tags
jazzyball jazzyball

º º code by ditto º º

Mason

If Raven had a dick, Mason's fist surely would've landed in her smug face by now.

Her words -- making fun of the shit about him not heading home to take a shower, or change his clothes, really only worked to further irritate him. It wasn't any of her fucking business, and should could simply take her snide remarks and shove 'em.

"Cut the shit, Rivera -- where the fuck's my kid?" And for a brief moment there, he'd considered asking her to watch Ari the following weekend, so he could go hang with Lola alone. Because yeah, no matter how much he might've liked her, he... wasn't ready to take that next step. Introducing Ari to potential girlfriends just... it didn't feel like it could ever end nicely, and it kind of made him sick to his stomach.

Yeah, surprise, surprise, but Mason was intensely protective over Ariana and who she was exposed to. Which meant that she hadn't met any of his exes -- not Addie, not Tabitha, not even Maggie. And he tried to keep her away from other people he deemed to be bad influences, although there were some leeches such as fucking Jade Jennings that felt near impossible for him to keep her completely removed from.

That being said, Mason did try his best to limit Ari's exposure to the likes of that fucking bitch.

And then, something else sparked his attention, or rather, he just remembered something, and his dark eyes narrowed at her.

"Did you let her around your bitch of a mother?" He asked, his voice growing low as he spoke. It hadn't been something Mason had really thought of prior, but it was definitely something that he... well, he would've been fucking pissed if she had.

mood
angry grrrr

outfit
his grocery store uniform very hot

playing...
Superman
by Boyce Avenue​

mentions
Jade & Lola < 3

interactions
Raven

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Ashton West

At some point, the fight had turned more into play. Well, at least it had on her end, and she wasn't entirely sure when the line had become so freaking blurry. Like, she'd spent literal weeks hating his guts, cursing his name, and now within a few minutes of being around him in person, she was pressed up against him, trying to snatch a lighter back from him for... what?

Ash wasn't going to burn the stupid jacket, or any of his stupid stuff, no matter what she might say. Yeah, I know, such a surprise that the little blonde wasn't going to be so outright cruel. And she knew that Lucky had to know that she wasn't going to, either, because as much as she might have convinced herself that she absolutely loathed his presence, Ash also recognized that he knew her better than nearly anyone.

And yes, perhaps this buildup of a post might've implied that something was going to happen, but sorry to disappoint those weird, weird Lush fans (looking at you, Jasmyn and Xed), nothing was going to happen (this is for you, Soap).

She totally respected herself too much for that.

With an annoyed huff, she straightened up, her eyes coming to glare up at him. Now, she could feel the touch of his hand on her waist, way too freaking strongly, and her heart pounded a little faster, but not because of any reason other than like... well, it'd clearly been tiring trying to snatch the lighter from his grasp. So her heart was just doing that because of the, ahh, unexpected excursion. Or something.

“Oh…you’re gonna call Steve cause I stole a lighter?” He smirked. “Be honest…”

He leaned in closer to her, and her eyes narrowed, her finger tapping against his chest.

“...you just wanna get me in handcuffs.”

Her jaw dropped open at that, and even further when he had the absolute audacity to follow that little comment up with a wink.

"Oh my--," she cut herself off, smiling as she shook her head and tilted her face down and away from him as her laughter, which she'd been trying to stifle, started to bubble over. "That's so funny, Lucky," Ash responded between giggles as she lifted her head once more to look up at him, "and, like, really, I can't believe that you literally guessed exactly what I was thinking..."

She trailed off as her hand moved from its resting position against his chest up to rest on his shoulder -- which naturally brought her just a couple steps closer to him.

"And I bet you also totally guessed," as she spoke, Ash pushed herself up so that she was even closer to his face, her eyes drifting down to his lips momentarily before returning to his gaze, "just how much I still want you, right?"

She lightly bit her bottom lip, a faint smile still on her face, before she bothered to speak again.

"That was sarcasm," Ash said, her voice still in the same tone as before, and then her free hand lunged for the lighter again.

Catch him off guard, right?

mood
annoyed

outfit

playing...
16 Steps
by Olivia Holt​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Lucky

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Drake Martin

Instead of Elena taking one of his beautifully crafted wedding invitations that he had so painstakingly made (and by that, he simply meant that he'd Googled websites to make wedding invitations, and he'd picked one that he thought was real nice, and he'd slapped their names on it), she simply glanced at and began talking. While she did so, Drake wiggled the invitation in front of her, encouraging her to take it.

"Huh?" He responded when she'd mentioned some dude, and then Drake's eyes went real wide -- like real, real wide, like wide as saucers. He dropped the invitation, leaning in close to Elena to whisper to her.

"You know 'bout her undying love for Matty, too?" With a laugh, he leaned backwards, rocking on his heels with a lopsided grin. "Yeah, well, listen, you might know this, but we're too young for real marriage, ya know what I mean? But-- but, but, but, we can fake it 'till we make it, and then we can roll on out and exchange a couple of Ring Pop rings or somethin' real fun like that, ya know what I mean?"

His words were probably making no sense really to anyone but him, but Drake tended to get stuck when he was speaking and not be able to slow down or think through what he was attempting to spew. With a grin, though, he held the wedding invitation back out, poking Elena with the cardstock.

"Now, c'mon... ya know ya wanna be the first VIP..."

mood
extra happy yo

outfit
clothes

playing...
Rx
by Theory of a Deadman​

mentions
Mer

interactions
Elena

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

elliott.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

idkhbtfm

absinthe

Elliott had finally gotten a night off from work, and he was planning on going to some party he had heard about. But, before he could get himself over there, he had to go grab some alcohol first. It didn't matter that he was only 20 - he looked old enough, and besides, his fake ID said that he was twenty-three.

He pulled up at the liquor store, his beat up tan Kia Sorento parked perfectly in front of the store. Elliott sauntered into the store, grabbing a twelve-pack of Bud Light and a handle of Tito's before placing it on the counter. "That all?" the middle-aged, clearly bored cashier drawled, chewing her gum loudly. "Yeah." Elliott grunted back as she scanned the bar code, ringing up his purchase. "I'm gonna need to see some ID, sir." Inside, Elliott was fuming. He had grown out his beard, for crying out loud. But on the outside, he stayed cool as a cucumber as he slid his ID over to the woman. She studied it for what seemed like an eternity. This wasn't fucking Superbad. What was the holdup? Finally, she handed the fake back to him. "That'll be $41.98." She bagged the vodka as she waited for Elliott to pay for the purchase.

Thank the Lord his fake was believable. Elliott handed her a crisp fifty dollar bill, getting his change back before putting it in his wallet and grabbing the alcohol. A smirk rested on his lips as he put his purchase in the back of his SUV, getting in and heading off to the convenience store for mixers. Tonight was going to be interesting, that was for sure.

He parked on the side of the convenience store, getting down and heading inside. He wandered through the aisles aimlessly, not looking for anything in particular. He didn't have to be early to this party - he wasn't even sure what the party was for, but he knew that he was going. It was cool to be late.

♡coded by uxie♡

Landon Sinclaire

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. He’d tried to look at the bright side of things. He’d tried to look at his situation as a much needed vacation. That, after spending the past four and a half years filming, he had earned himself some much needed ‘him time’. Even after landing in Newcastle and making his way home, it hadn’t hit him.

But as Landon walked into Mildred’s generically mediocre high school party, he knew that he done fucked up. It wasn’t his fault, of course. It was that douchebag Dorian’s and the dude who caught the whole thing on video, leaked it to the press and ensured his imprisonment to the town of Newcastle for the next year. He’d been “off the rails”. Partying too much. Hanging out with the wrong crowd. It really wasn’t that bad. Definitely overdramatized. He was just having fun. Enjoying the fruits of his labor.

This party sucked. It wasn’t their fault, but it just wasn’t what Landon had become accustomed to. Networking. Famous stars. Fancy food. He glanced around and saw plastic cups and serving bowls full of liquor store confections that made him long for his old life. He was better than this and everyone knew it. Even the stares of awe from the other partygoers made him feel more out of place than he’s ever felt. He didn’t belong here. He’d outgrown it. He honestly didn’t know how Evie survived here.

He walked over to the drink table and paroused the selection of bottom shelf booze. How had this become his life? He’d finally settled on some vodka that didn’t look like it tasted like rubbing alcohol before he felt a body wrap their arms and legs around him. Oh god! A crazed fan. That was the last thing he needed right now.

“Boo,” He’d heard the familiar giggle in his ear and the panic had subsided as he crooked his head in the girl’s direction. “What is up, Mr. Movie Star? When did you get back into town? And why didn’t you immediately call me?” Maybe it was because he was utterly ashamed and dismayed that this was actually happening.

Yeah, he visited his family as often as he could and when he was here, his surfer friends had been the highlight of his visit, but it didn’t mean that he was happy to call this place home or that he wanted to have to explain why he was back. It wasn’t like people didn’t have an idea. That video was all over TMZ, but still. “Too good for lil ol’ me now?”

He felt her slide off his back and he was able to turn and face one of his favorite people. “Please. I’ve always been too good for you.” He said jokingly as he went in for a quick hug. “Listen, it was kind of a last minute thing. But now that I’m here, I’m gonna need to be filled in on everything I missed.”

mood
party mode

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Figure Me Out

by The Summer Set​

mentions
Dorian

interactions
Viv

tags
jazzyball jazzyball

º º code by ditto º º

willa
moreau
get me outta here!
https:///www.willa-moreau.com/get-me-outta-here
Willa had been in that tiny apartment way too long. If it was her own apartment she would have loved it, but in tight quarters with a mother with whom she held a tense relationship--that was about the worst living situation Willa could think of.

Plus she just was not accustomed to planting roots to begin with. Willa was not accustomed to anything about her current situation. She was used to being out in the open air, hopping from train to train, constantly moving, with no real adults present. No restrictions other than running from the rail cops and money, always money.

But that was all well-hidden in the past now, somewhere with the rest of the evidence about their real identities. She was supposed to lock it away in a vault in a little corner of her brain. And she tried...but the feeling of complete freedom kept slipping out when she felt the suffocation and claustrophobia of the present.

Mia, her mother, enforced the rules set by the private investigator who had provided their new identities. And for all of Willa's enmity at her mother, she did know, deep down, that Mia had never done anything but try her best for her daughter. And although Willa would never admit it, she carried a heavy rock of guilt in her stomach because of the way she had just abandoned her sweet mother.

So Willa did as she was told...mostly. She knew the danger they were running from was very real, and as her rational side tried to blend in, her emotional side sometimes had fits of rebellion--as it was doing just at this moment.

Willa's heart was racing and her face was flushed as she perseverated over her "intolerable" situation. She had to find a reason to get out of the house.

Willa had an idea. She went into the kitchen, where her mother was sitting doing the newspaper crossword puzzle. Looking up, Mia smiled gently at her daughter. "Hey, hon," she said.

"Hey," Willa said as she walked straight to the refrigerator with purpose, opening the door and scanning its contents.

"How are you doing?"

Willa ignored her. "Oh, mom, we're out of milk," Willa said as she stared straight at a mostly-full gallon of milk. The word "mom" felt gritty in her mouth, but she needed to sweet-talk Mia.

Mia paused, looking confused. "Really? I just got a full batch of groceries." She started to get up.

"Oh!" Willa blurted, startled by Mia coming to check. "You're right, it is in there. I just couldn't see it behind the..."

Mia sat back down but continued eyeing her daughter.

"You know, I could really go for a cold can of coke right now," Willa said, trying to look sincere.

"Well--" her mother started, but Willa closed the fridge and started toward the steps to the back door.

"I'm just gonna run to the convenience store!" Willa said, waving as she hurried off before her mother could object.

As the door slammed shut behind her wild daughter, Mia sighed and shook her head. She knew exactly what Willa was doing, but she also knew that when the teenager made up her mind to do something, there was no stopping her.

Arriving at the convenience store / gas station, which was only four blocks away from their little apartment over the laundromat, Willa felt a whoosh of cold air as she opened the door. She shivered in her short summer dress. She preferred the heat of the open air.

Willa wandered around slowly, just looking at things. She didn't really have a plan past getting out--she was definitely not going straight back, but she was still racking her brain trying to think of something fun to do, somewhere new to explore, someone--

As she was scanning the cat food, she saw a guy looking equally aimless on the other side of the shelf. He was tall, dark, and handsome--just her type. And for some reason Willa felt that this man was just the fun she was looking for.

Their eyes met, and she allowed the corner of her mouth to glide into a sly smile.
coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back