• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New to dice? Want to learn D&D? (D&D 5th Edition)

[QUOTE="Raven Slender]
:P i still have no idea what we are doing cuz im still new

[/QUOTE]
That's the point of all this!!! So, we need just one more and I'll set up the game, :D

So...Question, in dungeon world there was a whole host of custom classes from what I saw, although my group didn't get any farther than character creation, does DnD have custom classes and stuff like that?

There's twelve classes in D&D: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, and Wizard.

There's also 9 races, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Human, Dragonborn, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, and Tiefling.

However, I'm running this game under the assumption that everyone is going to be playing out of the free rules I linked in the first post, which only contains the rules for 4 classes: Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard. It also only contains 4 races, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, and Human

If you go out and buy a copy of the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Player's Handbook, you can play one of the other 8, or choose different character options within the first 4, plus different races, but this is NOT a requirement for my novice game. It'd be silly to expect everyone to go out and buy something just to learn a new thing :P

[QUOTE="Raven Slender]whats a halfling?

[/QUOTE]
Halflings are sorta like hobbits from Lord of the Rings.They're about 3 feet tall, tend to be fairly cheerful and curious, and despite having tightly knit families and communities, often venture out to explore the world due to their curiosity.

Girouette said:
I've got a copy of it...So...
Of the full rulebook or the free one?

Tzun said:
I would be very interested in learning 5e. Need some more novices?
My apologies, we're at 5 now, any more and it'll get a little crowded to teach. Don't fret though, other folks occasionally run tutorial stuff as well, and if this campaign is successful, I may do one again someday in the future.

My apologies, the game is currently full, but I'll keep everyone here posted if there's more slots

I'm willing to chat with folks and help them with some basics though if they want. Just toss me a message

Users who are viewing this thread

Back