• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New to dice? Want to learn D&D? (D&D 5th Edition)

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
New to dice RPs? Want to try one of the originals (well, the newest edition)? I'm looking for some novices to dice-based RPing to learn the basics of a (sort of) simple D&D game. In specific, I'm looking for 5 players. We'll decide on party build/character concept and so on afterwards, once I've gotten enough folks interested.

Requirements:

-Access to the D&D rules. The basic rules can be found here for free, but they only cover Rogue, Fighter, Cleric, and Wizard, and even then only a singular path of each. Should you like to play a different variant of a class, or one of the other classes (Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Paladin, Monk, Ranger, Sorcerer, or Warlock), you'll have to purchase a copy of the rules (Amazon or your Friendly Local Game Store should have a copy), or find a pdf.

-Little/No prior experience in dice-based RPing. Don't want you to outshine the rest of the players, so, even field!

-The desire to learn a new type of roleplay, and learn the ins and outs of the system. You won't be expected to memorize the whole rulebook right off the bat, but, as the game progresses, you'll need to have more and more knowledge.

-Your imagination and some fun!!!

If there's any questions, feel free to ask them here!

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]-Little/No prior experience in dice-based RPing. Don't want you to outshine the rest of the players, so, even field!

[/QUOTE]
Sorry JayTee. I might have some of the more experienced members cameo in as NPCs though, if you're interested

Well.. I'm an old hand to DND- but I've never played 5th Edition, and been meaning to see how it differs...

Would I be - er.. that is... Would it be - can I please?

*Puppy Dog Eyes*

Alternatively, cool to NPC like Jaytee- but, yeah. Never played 5th Edition- most of my experience is 3.5

Seph and Seeker, same position as JayTee for now. However, I'd like to point both of you guys to the 3.5 game I'm recruiting for as well. Also, if this gets no newbie love, I might run an open 5th ed game. But, newbies first!

Oi, I'm not new per-se, I tried to play Dungeon World once, but it failed after one session and kinda sucked...So, like I'm basically still a newb to Dice stuff, and would like to learn, so if ya'd take me I'll be all for it.

Girouette said:
Oi, I'm not new per-se, I tried to play Dungeon World once, but it failed after one session and kinda sucked...So, like I'm basically still a newb to Dice stuff, and would like to learn, so if ya'd take me I'll be all for it.
Dungeon World? Not familiar but a quick google search shows it's kinda like a D&D clone. But only one session? Yeah, you're newbie-ish enough

[QUOTE="Raven Slender]hello would like to learn some stuff about it ^_^

[/QUOTE]
Awesome, the more the merrier!!!!

BlueInPassing said:
I'm interested, but how active will I have to be?
Most dice-based RPGs, especially those of a traditional fantasy nature, tend to be highly team focused, so, it's not the kind of thing where a character can pop in and out randomly. It's hard for a player to swing in and out when you're deep underground exploring forgotten catacombs together.

Along with this is the fact that dice-based RPGs, this one included, usually have turn-based combat, with initiatives rolled for folks. Don't want people having to wait forever.

I find usually, for forum based games, being able to do 2-4 posts at least every 2 days keeps it moving at a pace where no one has to wait forever, but not so demanding where a game becomes your life.

I'd be interested. I've roleplayed fantasy a lot and even gotten my hands dirty with some MTG but from what I know about D&D, and its not much, those don't compare. However, I'd love to learn and my activity is high when I have things to do! Plus I love the idea of the dice system and haven't had the chance to explore it on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back