• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha flavored action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Expect a post from me later tonight or tomorrow, busy schedule right now (just started at a new job).

Oh, current plan: I'll let skyhawk post but then I'm going to make a response to them continuing the 'opening shots' of operation A, then as normal.

Good post! I'm busy for the rest of today tho, smh. I'll make a response early tomorrow (my morning) at the absolute latest. With that in mind, if YsFanatic YsFanatic would like to beat me to it, I won't complain.

I've got 2 RPs to get to before this one, but I'm off from work today and tomorrow so I'll get this done in a timely manner.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
Viper Actual Viper Actual
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
YsFanatic YsFanatic
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

I've been getting really quite restless, so I've been thinking a lot about GM managerial and rulings stuff.

I'm well aware that the queue so far hasn't been entirely perfect, especially in this 'multiple plot-stream' scenario, so here's my latest addendum to the queue related rulings;

"when multiple plot-streams are occurring, the queue is divided appropriately into two smaller queues that can run concurrently."

So, in our current case; what this would mean is that there would be two queues: one for each operation, A and B.

Queue A would be as such:
GM, (me)
Malphaestus
Skyhawk
Ysfanatic
(loop)

And Queue B would be, of course:
GM, (me)
Viper Actual
Anonymouse
(loop)

If there's no objections, this will be considered official to my little rulebook. Speaking of which, I'll be making either a thread or a DM just for that purpose today, since I forgot to do that earlier. Thanks for reading my GM ramblings.

Okay, wrote down everything I have so far on my queue rulings. Collated from previous posts in this thread, and what I just wrote down.

Please watch this thread and catch up on the entirety of my policy. thancc

Okay, with the new rulings; it looks like YsFanatic YsFanatic and AnonyMouse AnonyMouse are up to bat. After them, new loops that look like so:

Loop A:
GM (me)
Malphaestus Malphaestus
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
YsFanatic

Loop B:
GM (me)
Viper Actual Viper Actual
AnonyMouse

Anyway, to help make this easier to understand for everyone, I highly recommend that everyone starts prefacing their posts like I have with an "Operation so-and-so" divider, in this case, 1A and 1B.

if you don't know the related BBcode, be my guest and ask me in private. If you'd like, I'm also willing to manually edit it in myself (which you can then edit yourself and see the BBcode anyway, so preferred)

My post is up! Thanks to Emperor for providing cover that Vanguard could use, however briefly it may last.

Wifi has been down at my work the last couple of days. I'm gonna try to finish my post on my lunch break but, unless that has changed today, I won't be able to send it until I get home. In the meantime, here's Cammy's armament for this mission. I don't feel like putting it in the post, so I'll drop it here and put and ammo counter in the post.

Two 200mm cannons, each with its own 40-round ammo box, each of which can store two different types of ammunition. (So, 80 rounds total, and four different types.) For this mission, she has:

High Explosive (HE) Shells: standard "dumb" artillery shells that go boom when they hit stuff. No fancy tech here. This is probably what she'll be firing 90% of the time. Cheap enough to be spammable. Stable and reliable enough to be used at any range, even CQC. Can dump one from the ammo box and throw it, so it sort of doubles as a grenade (LOL).

Armor Penetrating (AP) Round: A kinetic penetrator with a depleted uranium tip. Uses gyrojet technology to further accelerate after leaving the barrel, which gives it a very long range and virtually no "bullet drop" (at least until the gyrojets run out of propellant). Has no explosive payload, but its sheer speed and weight is devastating. Its body fragments on impact, while the gyrojets "shove" the hardened tip through the target, allowing it to punch through while still scattering shrapnel everywhere.

Fuel-Air Explosive Bomb (FAEB): Tiny winglets deploy and put a spin on the shell mid-flight, giving it respectable range, despite traveling at much slower speeds. (It is definitely a "wait for it..." type of munition, but the payoff is highly satisfying.) A proximity fuse causes it to release a cloud of flammable gas en route to the target, which then ignites blanketing a wide area in fire. Extremely effective against personnel, light vehicles, and aircraft. Possibly a war crime in some jurisdictions...

Multi-Munition Hive Round (MM-HR): Designed to be fired in an upward arc, the MMHR separates into multiple canisters near the peak of its flight. On their way down, these canisters then separate into multiple bomblets, which rain down. The most expensive round in Cammy's arsenal, but is actually cheaper than most cluster-style munitions, due to its large spread and lack of smart technology. Has more bomblets than propellant and, thus, doesn't fly anywhere near as far as it should. The MMHR is commonly referred to as the "Clusterfuck" or "Chaos in a Can" due to its tendency to rain bomblets back at the user if you don't GTFO immediately after firing it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back