• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto the sands skip a beat. (by enzer and believing heart)

"Wellll in susamis realm...if you think she dooesnt fight cause shes a passifist.. you be wrong... shes more nightmares...and if she gave another spirit beast permission to play here..."kiri took a few breaths and tried to be calm.. "so all we have to do...is play bull fighting with him? Simple in idea but." she made a small scream seeing him charge and she jumped out of the way kicking him "Scary in practice! Holy shit hes fast for a fatso!" Susami laughed "YOU SHOULDNT HAD CALLED HIM THAAAAT!REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT HIM HAVING A TINY TEMPER?" Kiri then paled and then got into position to try to make a mirage and she just barely avoided him and whn shukaku nicked her she made a yelp of pain. but she felt the emotions behind it. There was hatred.. but not to her exactly.. ok more anger at her for her slight comment. but this anger was built up to gaara.. and he wasnt gonna stop.. fill both of them were on their ass or he got bored of them. "Sooo gaara on a scale of 1.. to 10.. one being decent enough 10 being besties... what was your relationship with shukaku.. and yes negatives are allowed..."

Deidara chuckled. "Well pain wants her...alive.. this time and for us to 'apologize' for our behavior. And if you are gonna tag along thats more ground anyway.. but we cant get into suna so easily now.. we have to find a way to get that songbird to come to us to the point we earned her trust." Pain walked over "I was thinking the same thing.. So i had an idea of 'observing' her to see when she is allowed to go to any neutral towns.. they have to let her explore sometime... till then... your orders are to observe."

Last edited:
"It's strange...he usually starts his attacks by his tail but he's charging at her directly right now." Gaara said while standing on a floating platform of sand to be ready to interfere in case that Kiri needed help. "Our relationship? I just can say that he wants to wreck everything up and I'm holding him back. During recent years I've learned to show him who's the boss and he fails to agitate me like he used to." He answered Susami.

"We can observe her for you." White Zetsu said. "And with a good plan, I can have her come out sooner." Black Zetsu added in whisper. "Right! So I'll excuse myself to gather enough materials to bake a proper plan." The white side confirmed then they started melting down into the ground.

"Sooo a 5?" kiri asked as she dodged a pounce again but got caught by shukaku and sussami sighed "AGAIN! and remember to think as one no more questions!" Kiri got back up now getting annoyed and tried to imangine ribbons and susami saw the sand moving with kiris hand. it was still in gaaras control but it was her wind guiding and shaping it. "Shukaku you maybe susamis lover.. but im getting ANNOYED AT YOUR ATTITUDE!" she then tried to catch him with the sand like ribbons. and susami smiled "Now she gets it!"

"Do you consider hating less as friendship? I've just decided that blaming him for his negative influence on my life is fruitless. He is part of my fate that I must deal with." Gaara refused to give a high score to his relationship with Shukaku. "I didn't know she can use wind like that." He was amused as saw Kiri using sand.
"How dare you! You're only a small skinny girl...no attractive at all." Shukaku smirked as his tail grown gigantic then slapped her down with it.

"Shu shu no not that corrrd.." susami warned and saw the dark chakra shaking and she sighs.. "Might as well jump in." She gets up and the scene changed. for gaaras view.. it was a little girl with medical wires around her and watching women of age of the tea house get courted by handsome men and the little girls watching and helping. then the whispers
"Oh did you hear The gardners daughter isnt allowed to attend this flower ceremony?"
"Yeah they said she was to frail to attend it this year."

"Yeah and shes ugly anyway.."
"KIKIYO! That is very rude to say..."
"but its the truth.. nobody would want a skeleton for a wife..."

the little girl began silently crying and began putting dolls and plushies around her small teacups and began doing the tea ceremony and trying to mimic the adults in conversation. The reflection in the girls eyes matched the kiri he knew give or take and in a mirror was that kiri doing the SAME actions and the same chatter. this was a small demon she never wanted to admit.. cause of her own sickness due to lack of chakra control and she was bullied and to her she was 'punished' for having this rare chakra and she was lonely..thats all she was... she had her family but no friends... she even began crying "Im to skinny...im not pretty..." both the girl and kirisaid in unison.."

susami outside of the mist looked at shukaku a bit annoyed. she looked at the vibrating dark chakra.. back to him..and then the chakra. "I cant calm her down now cause you triggered the memory... only one thatcan get her out of the nightmare now is gaara..by changing the nightmare.."

Shukaku shrugged. "How should I've known? Most girls nowadays try to be skinny. Not my taste though." He answered reluctantly. He didn't like how Kiri was too sensitive. If he was her demon, he would abuse that weakness for sure. But looking at her from outside was annoying. "And I thought she was ready to fight." He shook his head in disappointment.
"Isn't it the mirage you were looking for?" Gaara asked before approaching Kiri's mist and trying to step in. He witnessed her bitter memories of the past then went to the crying girl in the middle. "This is too different from my life style in Suna. To me, whatever they say, sounds nonsense. I mean...I only know girls from a Shinobi village. I don't understand the importance of being courted, ceremonies and beauty. I don't get why do you care...but I feel why you want to be accepted by them. Everyone is like that. I was like that. Some people like Naruto shout it loudly and some try silently like me." He spoke to her softly. "But you're not a child anymore. Now you're strong enough to choose your friends instead of sitting to be chosen. Because you know your own value and strengths and you don't need them evaluate you base on their shallow ideals. The Kirisuto San that I know is way too much better than a pretty girl." It was the first time Gaara was speaking his heart out so easily. The reason probably was that he was inside Kiri's dream and was sure that no one else could hear him. "Still, if it can help you forget bitterness of the past, I have to remind you that you've grown into a beautiful young girl. I've heard one of your teammates has fallen for you at first sight!" He added.

that was then for a moment the girl looked at gaara when he was saying all those nice things. kiri slowly did too..why... why was he right... was was the courtship rules stupid? Yes kiri knew mother cared..better than father at least.. but why was Gaara right about that rule being stupid? She blushed and her eye shined as he said . "But you're not a child anymore. Now you're strong enough to choose your friends instead of sitting to be chosen. Because you know your own value and strengths and you don't need them evaluate you base on their shallow ideals. The Kirisuto San that I know is way too much better than a pretty girl." and the girl spoke her voice squeaky but quiet "Im prettier than them?" "Still, if it can help you forget bitterness of the past, I have to remind you that you've grown into a beautiful young girl. I've heard one of your teammates has fallen for you at first sight!" Kiri laughed a little the mist changing a little from a black to a light grey. "that would explain his behavior..." then her inner emotions began to erupt in the girl. "Pretty me! Pretty me! is he gonna be our boyfriend! are we finally gonna arrest daddy and save mamas teahouse!" Kiri blushed and sighed "Im not sure...we did just meet and he cares more about Suna than somthing as feeble as a relationship. " Then the girl pouted "Awww youre saying hes a big log in the mud!That he doesnt know what fun is! WE WERE IN THIS ROOM FOR SOOOOOOOOOOO LONG! When are we gonna have FUN! WHEN ARE WE GONNA FIND LOVE! WHAT IF DADDY COMES BACK AND PUTS US BACK HERE" kiri sighed as her child self threw a tantrum...this was also a part of her childhood... she wanted to play with the other girls and have fun but she was to sick to do so. and she was scared of her fathers abuse and how he treated her mother. then the door opened and kiri and the girl went back into position it was the image of a man and next to him was a boy.. his reflection a mean man.. "Kiri...i have wonderful news.. by the time you blossom into a lady...you will be engaged to the son of the Eclipse daimyo. His village is inbetween the land of lighting and water. isnt that great?" "yes...father..." the girls said solemnly. "I would had picked the son of the sand...however i heard he was a full blown monsterous freak and cant even control what his father blessed him with." Then the father walked out. "Be good." This was kiris nightmare...being forced to marry someone she doesnt really love just to protect her mother..

Gaara was confused when the girl spoke of a boy who prioritized Suna over his love. Actually, he had been referring to Lan and so was wondering how Kiri knew if Lan loved his village more than her. Personally, he wasn't sure about that boy's commitments. Yet, he could understand her anxiety and fears. He was so touched that was about to hug the kid and assure her that he would protect her, when her father was added to the scene. If he had heard him at the time that those words had been spoken, he would be so sad and mad. But now, he made him laugh. He actually laughed. "I bet I really disappointed my father. But that doesn't matter. He disappointed himself and his people when he fell by Orichimaru's hand. That wrecked serpent...and oddly, I don't feel urge to avenge him. What a shame." He said, mostly for the grown up Kirisuto to hear. "little Kirisuto is really kind and brave, isn't she? When I separated myself from my family to protect my own heart from getting hurt more than that, she is facing her fears for her mother's sake." He told her then let his sand fly around her. "See, I'm not a monster like before but still I have the power to protect you. In fact, you're the one who protected me when we were abducted so I owe you my life. So, I'll protect you with this life that you've saved. Won't you trust me?" She invited her to come to him with a warm smile.

The mist became lighter as Gaara was complimenting little kiri and giggles and tried to touch the sand and after a while she ran over to hug him and the mist faded. so did the girl Kiri blinked Susami smiled looking proud of them. "Well done you unlocked the 1st lock in the true mirage. To be honest i never thought you would get to that brat." Susami laughed at a punch "SUSAMI I WASNT THAT MUCH OF A BRAT!" "Okay okay you werent a brat.. you were just a pain.." She looked at the windows.. "The sun will be rising soon... Best we keep this little game a secret." She nuzzled shukaku "Im sorry for getting mad at you... i was scared about them being ready.."

Gaara was surprised by the sudden hug but hugged her back cautiously as if she was fragile. That vision of memory started fading away as Susami mentioned sunrise.
"Don't mention it." Shukaku hugged Susami and gently scratched behind her ears. "I will meet you soon again."
"Kirisuto san, in your memory, your father mentioned a son of daymio. Didn't he? What's your...." Gaara was about to ask about Kiri's suitor when the sound of an alarm clock distracted him. He felt like being pulled out of the space and then found himself in his bed. Reluctantly, he opened his eyes and got ready for a new day.
Sora had been waiting for Gaara since arriving at the village to inform him of what he had learned from Tsunade. So, the moment the kazekage entered his office, he was ready to give him a complete report along with countless suggestions. But Gaara had his own concerns to discuss first. To Sora's surprise, Gaara brought up the issue of Kiri's safety. That pretty much was included in his pre-provided list of suggestions. And when Gaara asked why he had been planning so many security plans, he told him about Tsunade and showed him the documents she had brought.
"So, when I put these reports together, a blank space shows itself. I think Kirisuto san is hiding something about her power." Sora concluded at the end of their discussion. "She has already told me about it." Gaara answered briefly. "Ah...I had no idea..." Sora hesitated doubtfully. When had they talked alone and what she had told him; he was curious to know. But, seemingly Gaara was going to keep it a secret. "You only need to focus on what we discussed about security measures." Gaara confirmed his guess and Sora nodded in reply. "Yes, of course. She'll share a house with her former team and we'll put a few members of the special force to watch over their house secretly. I'm going to find the fitting shinobi right away." He answered. "Also, there is a special request from me. This is somehow personal so you shouldn't let anyone finds out about it." Gaara's demand piqued Sora's interest. "I'll do whatever I can handle." He replied honestly. "If a girl has been promised to a daymio's son, can she take her promise back without any troubles?" Gaara asked although he already knew the straightforward answer. He only hoped that Sora could find indirect ways to solve the problem. "It depends on the country. The law of each country decides how strong these promises are. But..." Sora lowered his voice. "The best way to get rid of a young groom is distracting him by a sweeter candy. Catch his interest and he will forget his promise." He answered then smiled naughtily. "That..." Gaara was taken aback by the unexpected proposal. But he knew that smile; Sora was already sure about his plan. "...can be useful. I'll tell you more after confirming the info." He said. And then, Kirisuto wasn't the subject of his work for the rest of the day.
In the evening, Gaara left the rest of the bureaucratic works to Sora and went to tend his plants. On his way, he used a bird to send a message to Kirisuto. In his message, he had only drawn a small cacti.

Kiri woke to annoying fangirls in her window "AUGH EVEN HERE!" she said annoyed and luna looked at the now annoyed kiri and kiri saw the 'help me' look on Yumis face. She nodded and walked over calmly..opened the window and screamed "MY BROTHER IS INTO MEN BUZZ OFF!" And smileed content seeing them scatter and squeaked getting hugged by her brother "Ah kiri san! What am i gonna do without you?" "Hopefully get married, stop being 100% scared of women that arent part of the teahouse, and make me an auntie." Yumi whined "but that takes worrrk." Kiri smiled petting him "I know i know...Did you prep the ice machine?" Kiri asked and yumi nodded "Yep and we made enough for the down deposit. Im gonna give it to pigtails and shes gonna show us your options. By the way ya think Chengwen... will find us?" "OVER MY DEAD BODY HE FINDS OUT IM HERE!" kiri hisses as she goes back in her room to get dressed. "Whos Chengwen?" Temari asked as she came in from the window. "I saw the pouty women leaving from under your window so im came to check on ya.." Luna looked over "Oh hey pigtails.. Chengwen is Kiris...handcuffs...to put it lightly." Then from a decent distance. "I SWEAR I RATHER STAY HERE. AND LIVE MY LIFE SERVING TEA AND GETTING INFO FOR THE KAZEKAGE THEN BE A BABY MAMA TO THAT TOXIC FREAK!" Then she peaked over "Yummi where is my.." "Ribbons are in the 3rd drawer on the left cabinet.." "Thank you" closes the door. "Yep thats the nutshell.. we considered exposing him but its delicate.. and yumi.. as gay as he is wont even crossdress to get him thirsty.." Luna said and Yumi huffed "I have standards!"

Kiri saw the bird and let it in "Hello lil cutie.." she took the note after tipping the messenger with some bread and saw the drawing and then hops out "TEMARI SAN MY FRIEND AND BROTHER HAVE THE DEPOSIT ILL LEAVE THE LOCATION SPOT TO THEM OKAY BYE!" and with that she was off. She did see a cute grreenhouse in the back of the village and began searching there. she saw so many wild flowers and cacti and admired all of them. "Oh i wish i bought a sketchbook. these are all so beautiful!"

Last edited:
"Good evening. I'm glad you could come." Gaara greeted Kiri in the greenhouse. He was spraying water on a few pots when she entered. "How was your day? I couldn't ask about your plans last night. Because of the Akatsuki incident, you probably won't receive a mission for a while. So you need to follow your other plans till we settle down our score with them."

"Well thats fine... with the combined money from the oddjobs Luna and Yumi are doing...by the way i had to scare off the women at our windows they were scaring my brother...long er story.. and our savings were giving to Temari for the down deposit just as she found out about chengwen..." she tried to stay calm but she knew it was for the best he knew. "You might know him.. hes a Kage of whe village hidden in shadow, the 'golden child' of the Eclipse Daimyo?" She airquoted golden child and she groaned. "Ya that guy...you saw in my nightmares before you lightened the mist... that was him..If i had a right.. i would pick making tea, cute pastries for you and this village over him with the fact he wants me to behave. stay quiet.. not do missions.. be a baby factory!" Kiri took a few breaths and smiled "But this is fine...im safe...Brother is... terrified at the moment..At least he knows Temari isnt a threat.. thats progress."

Gaara was glad to know that Kiri didn't want to become the future daymio wife. He wasn't sure about the reason of his relief, though. "Are you sure? Daymio'd wife is a very strong and rich position." He reminded her which was partially a joke. "Hm...baby factory, you say..." He became thoughtful at the mention of that word. "My family bloodline is considered elite in our country. So, I'm afraid the village might expect me to have many children. It sounds fine to me but when you put it like that... it'll put extra burden on my future wife's shoulders. I guess it's another matter that I must fight against in the future." He sighed and decided to change the subject. "Today, I received information about Akatsuki and that other matter that they are after. As the result, we're going to have a few guards protect you and your family from a respectful distance. They'll probably solve your brother's stalker problem too." He said then stopped attending the plants and sat on a bench. "I remember that my siblings had those kinds of followers too. Temari called them stalker and scared all of them away. But Kankuro enjoyed the attention and sometimes even showed off his skills in front of girls. So, are your brother's stalkers so aggressive that he is wary of facing them? I didn't know that kind of girls live in this village. I must apologize if they have offended him." He shook his head.

Kiri chuckled "Welll kinda.its that cause of my moms rare gene pool have this its rare for the men.So due to my brother being the only male of the family and having said gene..he was as popular as a actor on the movie screen. And..." she blushed looking away "I would want kids with someone i cared about more than someone i hated." When she heard about the guards cause of the situation she playfully joked "Well as long as they mind their manners ill feel safe in the bath. I heard from those hens that you have onsens here and i kinda wanted to check them out but i got shy." She nervously sat next to him and began trying to fix her ribbon as she continues. "Actually theres alot of things here i wanna do but got shy about doing. Maybe im still in culture shock.. From some of the clothing...to the speaking... even our currency is different. It took Luna and Yumi HOURS to convert our currency to yours.. but we barely had enough for a start up."

"So that's how it is... A mother's preference in number of her children depends on the situation." Gaara uttered as she told him about kids. "Sorry for bothering you with these sorts of questions. I don't feel right about asking them from Temari. Maybe because she hardly shows interest in these topics. I wonder if she acts differently among girls.
"For a movie star it must be hard to avoid women, isn't it? I think his fear isn't serious enough to stop him from fighting... because I've counted on him to protect you." He said.
"Hot springs of this country aren't the most famous but still they do their job perfectly. I'm afraid you can't go sight seeing around the whole land... but there are a few places that you can have a safe trip to. It's fine to ask your bodyguards to be your tour guides." He answered her just as a naive boy would.

"I think its okay to ask questions like this if your considering a womans feelings. It just shows you care. I think you would be a great kage and a perfect husband for someone.. being open to a womans feelings is a great start. It means you want to get to know them as more than a partner. And if someone tells you to do an arranged marriage..I sugguest that since you have higher power as a kage.. sure they can 'suggest' someone. but if its for politics and theres no spark.. whats the point of loveless babies?" She giggled at his question about her brother. "Yes but with knowing how to make our own clothes when we need to we can act any part." When told she can wander around safely with a bodyguard she beamed "Thank you! Oh i promise i wont be a pain. Oh and i do have a unique question...Is it okay if i treated you to some of my cooking...? Since the incidents..i havent properly thanked you..."

"Thanks for encouragement but perfection is practically unachievable. I can only try my best." Gaara felt that talking to Kiri alone out of their dreams was unexpectedly comforting. "That's a tough decision...I know I'll love my children even if their mother doesn't love me. I'm afraid this kind of sacrifice for the future of the village is very plausible." He said sadly but soon cheered up with her cookie ideas. "You don't need to thank me. I don't remember doing you a special favor. But I'd like to try your cookies. You're still going to start your shop, right?"

she nodded smiling "Oh making deserts is one of my favorite things when stressed! 2ed to taking care of adorable plants and giving them names. I can make a mochi rice cake filled with sweetened bean paste; dango, and yokan. Its tricky to make though so i only make that on special occasions..But Taiyaki and parfait like treats i can make with no sweat.. and i get artsy with them. But i can make more than that! For savory things I was thinking a bento styled meal full of vegetables and rice that are decorated super cutely depending on the season! My personal favorite is the strawberry but i like the matcha as well..When we open the store ill treat you to some and even let you have a quiet room when you want alone time." Realized she was about to ramble and gets embaressed. "Sorry...."

Last edited:
Gaara wasn't interested in listening to people talking about how good they are in this and that. But, Kiri's speech about pastry didn't sound that way. He thought she was really cute when getting excited about her favorite activities. Even her hobbies were cute. Therefore, he was somehow disappointed when she stopped talking. "What are you apologizing for? Actually, I'd like to try those desserts that you described. They must be really delicious." He said encouragingly.

kiri blinked and then beamed and nodded "O-oh okay! Well Since Autumn is approaching maybe for my 1st meal.. maybe i can make some bento boxes themed around that..and if you ever have time i can teach you my cacti and succulent cupcakes.. Ugh but we just got the location we need the ingredients and materials. So i guess that can wait till then. And i have to make the cafe appealing.. Ya know since i want to do only seasonal ingredents. Oh and..i guess i can allow alcohol at 5..but as long as people dont get rowdy...Luna did pitch about making it a bed and breakfest instead like mothers..but that needs more popularity. and i just kinda wanna be a hidden flower in the village..Like 'OH THIS SPOT IS SO COOL! NO WONDER ITS IN A SECRET SPOT!' Ya know? Eh?" she tuned around for a moment and gasped seeing an injured baby bunny. "Aw you poor thing!" She saw in the distance its scared siblings and its dead mother. "Gaara can you gently pick up the babies... ill mend to this scared one.." she shhes it as she gently pulled the the needs out.. "Shhh shh yes i know i know they owiee..Its okay i bet a mean animal scared you and your mama..Its okay... we will take care of you and your siblings.."

Gaara was going to warn Kiri about the competition in wine business, but appearance of the baby rabbit distracted them both. "Their mother probably has been a pet. Because rabbits don't naturally live in this village." He explained then found a basket and helped Kiri to put the small animal inside it. "Some shinobi keep rabbits to use them as distraction during pursuing or spying missions. This one must be one of them. It's a miracle that she has managed to bring her children here with all the dogs in the village." He said and covered the basket of rabbits by a handkerchief. "Do you know how to feed baby rabbits? If you need help, you can ask one of your former teammates; Lan. He used to keep a few when he was a genin." He suggested.

kiri nodded "We have an army of them at the island. Oh were gonna need a warm place since they rely on mamas milk still.. poor things must have been spooked from their burrow.. and special baby milk..and when their older we can give them a special tattoo marking.. cause piercing their ears would be to painful and could kill them but we only do that when their 2 months." She smiled getting all the needles out and healing the bunny and putting it back with its bigger siblings "Aww arent you all precious.. like a bunch of little mochis. We will have to think of names for all of you." She looked up "Oh i hope you dont have anything important to do. "She said worried she was messing up his meetings.

"Can they digest cow milk? Also, why would you need to mark them? If you do that, they won't be able to save you in future." Gaara said then check his watch. "You're right. I have things to do..." He confirmed then looked at her thoughtfully. "Today, I send invitations to other kages to ask for an emergency meeting. If they agree, we'll meet next week. But it's top secret." He whispered. "Would you like to witness this meeting?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back