• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
N
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Naruto Kakureyami is a fandom roleplay that takes place over 200 years in the future of the Naruto Cannon. The Main Enemy is the Kakureyami, or the land of darkness, a nation from a dying world that has come to claim the world as their own.

BlacklegSanji

Cook of the Thousand Sunny
1003.png
Its been almost 200 years since the end of the Fourth Shinobi world war, and over a hundred years since the defeat of the Ōtsutsuki clan when they invaded the world. After that there was a time of peace and prosperity, having fought in many battles and countless wars the nations finally had something that they could look forward to, that was peace, after their bettle against Tobi, Mardara and Kaguya their bonds had only grown stronger and because of this they no longer had a reason to fight. But of Course as it is with most good things this peace did not last forever.

Over the Years the Kage came and went and eventually in the times of peace the Shinobi became lax and weak. Though while a select few still trained hard and became strong most didn't follow the ways of the ninja anymore and became lax and had a nice and peaceful life. So while there were a few, such as those who hunted down criminals and took care of rouge ninja's overall the strength of the shinobi overall declined significantly. But one fateful day they would learn their lesson, that its important to be strong in times of peace, so that they can protect it. Thanks to the Ōtsutsuki clan we had learned of other worlds in the past, worlds where other Chakra trees had grown and had been harvested, but it never occurred to the shinobi that there was another world exactly like their own, with ninja and tailed beast to go with it.

The Kakureyami, the land of Darkness, is what the shinobi of this world called them, they were ninja who suddenly appeared one day using some kind of space manipulation jutsu bringing a large portion of their world over. In their world chakra was monopolized passed down only through certain blood lines, the ones that made up their royalty and a large portion of their armies commanding officers. Though through advances in technology the average person could use chakra by purchasing weapons fitted with chakra containers and jutsu scrolls, allowing the majority of their army to use jutsu without actually having chakra of their own. Their world was dying because of over consumption of resources and because of this they used a machine that amplified their kings space jutsu and ripped open a rift to our world.The Land of Fire was where they appeared and it was he first great nation to fall. The Kage and Shinobi were no match for the Kakureyami, their king wiped them out in mere minutes.

The Shinobi who remained after the attack either kept to the shadows or fled, most of the normal folks were imprisoned or fled to refugee camps around the country. They had been utterly defeated, and soon the kakureyami spread out from the Land of fire and quickly took over the other great nations and the minor ones as well. Some shinobi in the refugee camps had the idea of teaching the children in the camps how to fight and use jutsu in hopes that they would one day be liberated. It's been fifteen years since then and they were final ready to take back their world. Our Story Begins in the Land of lightning, in a refugee camp for Shinobi where either the fires of their hearts will burst forth and take back the world that was once theirs or they will be forever extinguished...

Ryoko Saito
kiri_hunter_by_k_uina_ddf9qqh-pre.jpg

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext]The leaves of the trees shifted slightly as the wind flowed through them, making a shimmering sound as the sun rose over the eastern mountain that guarded the little refugee camp that sat in the valley below it. The camp, which sat in the north of the once great Land of lightning, was surrounded by mountains in a large valley, with a lightly dense forest within and a small river moving down towards the ocean. There was only one was in and out of the valley and it was through a maze of caves that were once believed to be a training ground for young ninja. Though now those caves were mapped out by the shinobi, the enemies that tried to find them would have trouble getting through. The cold air of the northern area of the land along with the light from the sun seemed to rouse people from their sleep. While the living quarters they built were good they did need some fixing from damages from the storms. Once such Resident that was awoken was Ryoko Saito, a young shinobi who was training so that one day he would be able to fight back on the front lines to take back his world from the Kakureyami, or at least he would be if he could pull himself out of bed.

"uggh... Five more minutes..." He groaned as he turned over on the small bed roll that was inside of the house he was staying. It was a fairly large house that housed many people in it, mostly people around his own age that lost their families in the evasion and came here with the ninja that escaped. Most of the elders were in a house by themselves that had nurses on stand by to help them if need be and the younger kids were usually taken into a family until they could take care of them selves, that was if they didn't have any family members who could take care of them. "Oi, Ryoko wake up, its time for training" said a unnecessarily loud voice that filled his mind. Ryoko made a tsk sound as he opened his eyes and seemingly said to himself "Stupid old squid". "What was that boy? I am no squid, I am one of the 9 tailed beasts, you should learn to treat those with more power than you with a little respect the voice in his mind retorted, giving humph as he finished as if blowing out steam through his nostrils. Yes, it was none other than the 8 tailed beast, or otherwise known as Gyuki, even though Ryoko still refused to call him by his name, likely due to the fact that Ryoko felt that having Gyuki sealed within him was more something he had to do out of duty rather than actually wanting it. Ryoko and Gyuki did not get along very well, they were both stubborn as mules and failed to bond with each other, if if Gyuki's violent nature had calmed over the course of the years and having being sealed within B and all. Ryoko sat up and yawned as he stretched. "Yeah Yeah, I get it oh great and powerful 8 Tails" He said with a sarcastic tone as he begun to get dressed. He started to walk out through the room, picking up a hunter nin mask as he did and attaching it to his belt, patting it as if for safe keeping.

Ryoko Walked out through his door and began to look around outside, there weren't many people out and about but some of the jonin, or former jonin at least from when there was and actual ninja system with rankings, were out doing their morning patrols and taking over from the night guard. They always had to be ready in case a Kakureyami soldier stumbled into their little refuge and found them. Ryoko saw he man that had trained him in the ways of the ninja and taught him most of what he knew about ninjutsu, Kenji Sugaro. " Oi, Kenji-sensei" he said grabbing the Jonin's attention. "Ah, Ryoko, its pretty rare to see you actually up and ready so early for once" The man said though not in a joking way, he was actually trying to get on Ryoko's case about his tendency to over sleep. "Yeah, well unfortunately for me I have a rather incessant voice in my head" He said, which only got a tsk from the eight tails. " Well I have to finish my rounds before I can train with you, so why don't you go get warmed up or something... Or even make yourself a bit useful, you might actually surprise some people" He replied as he jumped off into the distance to go do what ever it was that he had to do. Ryoko groaned in response, not because he had to train or warmup, he actually liked to do those things, it was just his sensei's nagging about the fact that Ryoko did very little outside of work to become a better ninja, even though that's all that he really wanted to become. He began to gaze around the village, I wonder if anyone else is up and ready for the day he thought to himself as he glanced about.
[/div][/div]

[div class=firsttext2][div class=secondtext2]And So Our Story Begins...
The Refugee camp that is Hidden in the Land of Lightning is where our story starts, for now begin to introduce your characters and have them interact with each other, Ryoko is also open for interaction and I will begin making some more story posts once everyone has at least gotten an introduction in and are ready to move forward, which will also give us some time for the others making characters to join in. As for characters outside of the Refugee camp, either born outside or otherwise you can either have your character already have entered the refugee camp without much complication as the ninja are always looking for new allies to join the fight, or you can have them entering the camp for the first time at the start, in which case I can collaborate with you to help you along a little bit. Other than that you can pm me some ideas you might have for your characters beginning post and I can help you out in that regard. Other than that I hope you all enjoy this role play.
IG42 IG42 MagiEmpress MagiEmpress Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Chak Chak Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
[/div]
[class=tabs] box-sizing: border-box; font-family:'Squada One'; font-size: 40px; line-height: 1; margin:auto; text-align: center; width: 100%; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; margin:0px 5px 0px 5px; width: 150px; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: rgba(255,255,255, 0.4); [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Info) (show tabsContentInfo) if (eq ${currentTab} History) (show tabsContentHistory) if (eq ${currentTab} Magic) (show tabsContentMagic) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show tabsContent1) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show tabsContent2) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show tabsContent3) [/script] [class=firsttext] position: relative; height: 700px; overflow: hidden; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=secondtext] width:100%; padding-right:145px; height:100%; overflow-y:scroll; font-align:justify; font-width:bold; [/class] [class=firsttext2] position: relative; height: 145px; overflow: hidden; padding: 20px; [/class] [class=secondtext2] width:100%; padding-right:145px; height:100%; overflow-y:scroll; font-align:justify; font-width:bold; [/class]
[/div]

Last edited:
Rokuro Sadazaku
A hooded figure shambled through the camp then paused upon seeing Ryoko's back turned, a pale arm slipped out from inside the cloak and gripped the hilt of the massive sword slung across his back. Creeping closer the figure raised the oversized blade and...stabbed it into the dirt next to Ryoko in a patch of sunlight where the morning sun had just started to peek over the surrounding hills.

"Goooooood morning! Did I get ya?" Giggling Rokuro threw back his hood and pulled his hair out from inside the cloak, spinning on the balls of his feet he stepped into view and stumbled slightly. "Whoo headrush! 'scuse me a sec." Leaning against Kubikiribōchō he hooked a blood bag over the hilt and ran an iv line from it into his arm then sat down in the sunshine with his back leaning against the blade basking in the warmth. "How's it hangin'? Old man Kenji busy?" He chirped conversationally baring his pointed teeth in an upbeat grin. "Oh and good morning Ock!" He said towards Ryoko's gut. "Can you believe the medics wanted me to stay inside the whoooollle time I was getting topped up on a day like this? That only thing colder than their hands is their attitude!"

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji

Kayda Iatso
Bright and early on that very same morning, a far younger soul had woken up with the rising sun as she did almost every morning. True, she went to bed before almost everyone else most of the time, but Kayda much preferred the environment in the morning than she did at night so she was ok with that. She moved fairly softly because there were some other younger children in the same cabin that she slept in; Kayda had taken to being a role model for them whenever she could manage it. Unfortunately, the mornings weren’t the best opportunities for that because not all of them had as much energy as she did, or as much training to work on that required them to be up so early in the morning.

Swiftly rummaging through her clothes, Kayda managed to pick out a purple layered dress and she grabbed a black pair of leggings to wear underneath it all. Standing in front of the mirror, she quickly pulled her hair back into it’s regular ponytail. In truth, it was a tangled mess, but Kayda was more concerned about training than she was about washing her hair.

Determining that she could call herself decent enough, Kayda headed outside and started on her morning laps. The former jonin who operated most of the camp were used to the young kunoichi being out and moving so early and they’d learned to work around one another. None of them wanted Kayda wandering too far from camp, especially after they’d had some dangerous intruders not too long ago, so they’d helped her develop a path that she could run that wouldn’t get in their way and that didn’t venture too far in any which direction away from camp. Everyone was happy with it in the end.

“Good morning Kenji!” she called out quickly when she saw the ninja trainer as she ran past. He was almost always the first familiar face she saw in the mornings.

Continuing on her morning laps, Kayda made four rounds around camp before she finally started slowing down and when she did, she was surprised to see that Ryoko was already up and moving. Quick footsteps brought her over to him.

The young girl had already managed to put herself in a situation where her skin was layered with a fine sheen of sweat, but she didn’t care as she waved to her fellow ninja. “You’re not usually up this early, Ryoko. Is there something special going on today?”

As she called out to him, she heard that she wasn’t the only one yelling and her gaze shifted to Rokuro. “You know, you should probably listen to the medics every once in a while. They usually know their stuff pretty well.”

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji IG42 IG42

Vahlianna 'Vahl' Bethany & Sumofen 'Little Wing' the Five Tails
Approaching an unknown camp.

"I'm just trying to explain that of all the ideas you've had, and yes, of course, many have been good ones, this one particular plan is awful. What if they try to kill you?!"

Vahl merely grinned at the smokey bird giving a few irritated flaps from his perch on her shoulder. Sumofen was a good friend, one she'd been lucky to make, as his companionship and advice in this strange land had been much appreciated. Still, his fear of dealing with humans other than herself was, well, perhaps not unjustified, but certainly a bit over exerted. Reaching up, she gave his head a small pat much in the same manner she'd used to do for her younger sibling when he was being a touch daft.

"I understand, Little Wing, but he hath asked of me kindly, and twas a final and simple request. Wouldst I have been considered more or less honourable had I denied his pleas and left his vessel to nature? Furthermore," Vahl grinned wolfishly, giving Sumofen a bemused look out the corner of her eye, "They wouldst try. But yon mountains deny bending to petty deigning of the winds, dost they not?"

It was an odd circumstance though, Vahlianna certainly had to agree. In there time traveling, the pair had come across seldom few willing to bandy words with them, and many that the Sun's Favored had encountered had been very much inclined to act first and talk later. Choices not given, actions taken in kind, fair few had left their unfriendly encounters well.

Perhaps it had been why Vahl was so inclined to aid the ninja now slung over her right shoulder...

-Four days prior-

"Sumofen, you oughtn't fly so far ahead that I lose sight on you. What if aught went wrong and twas not I there at your side? May you not garner injury when I should be there to shield you. Guilt would weigh upon me."

Giving a honestly guilty look towards his oddly spoken companion as he alighted to her shield, Sumofen could only shrug his winged shoulders, "A fair fear Vahl, but how else are we supposed to make sure we don't walk into ninja traps? Speaking of, I did notice something interesting up ahead. Be on guard."

"Oh, so a brave scout you are? You are far from wrong though. I fret unduly it seems, but I fret regardless. Well, we've tarried enough then, shall we set forth then, and cast our own eyes 'pon yon sight?"

Ahead in the distance there was a large rock, seemingly similar to a monument of sorts but likely left behind by a glacier years ago. A small trail of blood, soaked into the earth itself lead around it and stopped at a fallen ninja, who had been left for dead, blood soaking through even the thick vest that he wore and a large wound scarred him across his stomach and another across his chest. The Man's eyes were barely open, with a sense of death in them, black rings forming around them as he struggled to stay awake. He barely looked up as Vahl approached and he smirked a little, though his mood didn't improve.

"Finally come back to finish the job? Kakureyami Scum..." He said raising his arm a little bit, with a kunai in hand, but about half way up his strength failed him and it fell back to the ground, "Come on, Just finish it, I'm not going to tell you where the rest of them are anyways" He said, as he coughed up some blood, his voice weak and fading slightly.

Having pushed past the last of the low hanging branches, Vahl had expected to find a handful of things, mostly people looking for trouble and death. Instead, it seemed death had already taken root in her findings. Ignoring a protesting grunt from Sumofen and he ruffled his wings agitatedly, Vahl moved forward towards the man, keeping her free hand open and clear. Coming to the spot beside the man, she knelt down and picked up his blade before pressing it into his palm and closing his hand around it.

Leaving the hand gripping the knife on his lap, Vahl then reached into her coat and produced a flask, "I can do aught but make you comfortable, friend. Drink of this, it is to make it all more peaceful, and give you ease." As she explained she raised the flask to the dying man's lips.

As she did so she cast her eyes around the small clearing, checking for others, or hintings of a trap. Instead it was just peacefully lilting trees in the wind. She wasn't going to lie to herself, she had been expecting trouble, but this was what she was greeted with instead.

A single man, dying alone and forgotten in the woods.

"Dost thou have a home I may return your vessel unto?" Vahl offered as she withdrew the flask and replaced it in her coat, "You art a man, not an isle, and I will not let myself be part of an ocean that keeps you from the shores of your home. Let mine task be to ferry you home, and give peace to yon friends and family."

The man took a slight gaze up towards the woman, she wasn't the same as the one who had attacked him and nor did she have any Kakureyami markings on her, or as far as he could tell anyways. He was even more surprised by the fact that she placed his knife back into his hand and offered to take him back to his home, so his grin suddenly turned into a look a seriousness.

"No Kakureyami soldier is this generous, and they usually burn the bodies of those they execute, not offer to take them back to their home," He said, thinking about something for a moment.

"Listen, there's no time left for me, but I need to ask something of you," he said, as he pulled out a scroll with a seal placed on it and another piece of parchment from a side bag. "Get this scroll to the refuge in the mountains, you may not be ninja but your not Kakureyami either so I'll trust you. This map will lead you there, take it to the man named Kenji, he will understand. Please just leave me here, there's really no time and I'll die within the hour, the woman who attacked me was using a shadow clone, a blindingly fast one too, the only reason I'm alive right now is because I managed to get a hit in after she cut me, but she will be coming and soon, so leave me please and get this to them." he said his voice failing him at times, he felt his sight weakening and knew it was only a matter of time, that no medical jutsu could save him now.

Vahlianna merely shushed the man, appeasing him as she took the message and secured it withing her coat. Afterwards she pulled her shield from her arm and likewise secured it, albeit over her back, before reaching down and carefully lifting the man. She didn't want to shake or jostle him too much, as she was looking out for his comfort in his final moments.

"Apologies, friend, but it was not a question of if I wouldst return thy vessel home. I have direction, and will see my statement through. Alas rest, and let thy eternal dreams be peaceful."

Standing easily, the man carried bridal style against her chest, Vahl rose up and set forth with a steady gait.

-Back in the Present-
It had taken the ninja less than an hour, but he had passed peacefully, and Vahl had stopped at an abandoned home and perfumed some sheets to wrap him in before continuing on, the vessel slung over her right shoulder so that she could once again take up her shield.

Thusly she now approached the makings of a camp up ahead, and even now she could see the stirrings of what must have been their scouts or guards. Either or, it mattered little to her. After all, after her journey it seemed she had finally found a group that more or less wouldn't outright assail her.

If she was lucky anyhow.

Still, there was pride in her breast as she realised that she'd been well able to keep her word. The vessel she carried would be laid to rest by those that knew him. This was, however small, a victory for her. As her powerful strides carried her quickly closer to the readying individuals, Vahlianna felt it best to declare herself.

"Good tidings, friends," she called out, "I bear with me a vessel of your fallen, and his final message, meant for thy eyes. What it states, I could tell you naught. Twas not for mine own eyes."

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji IG42 IG42 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pyosimros Pyosimros Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Blackvelvet Blackvelvet MagiEmpress MagiEmpress

Katherine Suzuki
d1c5989fcfa4fd624e5c872e94c0149d.jpg

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext]Katherine was awoken to the smell of fresh food being prepared in the small kitchen they had in their house. Her family was one of the few who had their own place, her father being one of the people who helped build a lot of the shelters when they first moved to the refuge. She walked out into the small dinning area where her mother was cooking up some stew over a makeshift cook top that had a fire under it. Most of the ingredients were gathered by those in the refuge and rationed out as it was more efficient that having everyone get their own. "Hey mom" She said as she sat at the table, dressed in her usual outfit except with messed up hair and bare feet. "You know, you could at least help me prepare your breakfast instead of waiting to be served on like some queen" She scolded as she handed Katherine of some bread and a bowl of some kind of porridge. "Yeah I know mom, I'm on gathering duty today so I won't be back till later tonight" Katherine said as she began to eat. The Jonin in the village were aware of her situation, which meant Katherine could train without worries of being caught by her parents, so they usually gave her jobs that would take her away from the eyes of her parents. Her mother who possesed the trademark traits of the Uchiha, black hair and dark eyes, gave her a look back and smiled "Well don't let me keep you from your job, have a good day and make sure you say goodbye to your sister before you leave" She said. Katherine gave a glance over to the shrine over on the wall that had been made for her sister who had died a couple years ago, her mother was still in denial about the whole thing and even though Katherine knew that she cried every night in front of that shrine she also knew that her mother would never admit to that, and so before she left she said a quick prayer infront of the shrine and made off for her day with her small "work" bag that was actually full of ninja equipment.

She walked out into the morning light as the chill of the air she hadent felt before hit her and she shivered. She began making her way through the town to see a small gathering of the other trainees in the middle of the town. Most of them were her same age so she was friends with most of them even outside of training. "For someone who spends most of his time in a hospital your looking particularly healthy this morning Rokuro" She said sarcastically glancing at the blood bag and the IV that was hung over his large blade. "So what's the deal for this morning, why are we all standing around doing nothing instead of heading out to train?" she asked as she glanced around the group.
IG42 IG42 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji
[/div][/div]
[class=tabs] box-sizing: border-box; font-family:'Squada One'; font-size: 40px; line-height: 1; margin:auto; text-align: center; width: 100%; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; margin:0px 5px 0px 5px; width: 150px; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: rgba(255,255,255, 0.4); [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Info) (show tabsContentInfo) if (eq ${currentTab} History) (show tabsContentHistory) if (eq ${currentTab} Magic) (show tabsContentMagic) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show tabsContent1) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show tabsContent2) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show tabsContent3) [/script] [class=firsttext] position: relative; height: 700px; overflow: hidden; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=secondtext] width:100%; padding-right:145px; height:100%; overflow-y:scroll; font-align:justify; font-width:bold; [/class] [class=firsttext2] position: relative; height: 145px; overflow: hidden; padding: 20px; [/class] [class=secondtext2] width:100%; padding-right:145px; height:100%; overflow-y:scroll; font-align:justify; font-width:bold; [/class]

Rokuro Sadazaku
Pouting at being called out by the younger girl Rokuro whined. "But they're boooooriiiing and they keep telling me to leave Aniki outside!" While he complained he squirmed restlessly in his sitting position. Noticing Katherine his expression flipped back over to a smile. "Goood mooorrrning Kathy! I'm only needing this top-up because they keep us cooped up here with all people I'm not supposed to bite even though it's so much faster." Hearing a dog bark nearby he hopped up and perched on top of his sword looking towards the sound. "Something happening?"

Shichikō
Barking an alert Shichikō rushed down the slope to intercept the intruder, once it had become apparent that he was going to watch the entrance to the valley until the sky fell one way or another he had been asked to act as a lookout but in this case he had caught the interloper's scent before seeing them. Skidding to a halt in the stranger's path he blocked the way and bared his teeth. "Hold there! Identify yourselves." He snapped in a gravelly tone, the scent of the shaven woman's chakra was entirely unknown to him though of more pressing concern was the scent of the bird perched on her shoulder which could only belong to an unknown Bijuu. "Put the body and the scroll on the ground then back away, slowly."

Chak Chak BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Hotaru Madarashi
Despite it being well into the morning, Hotaru wouldn’t have been able to tell anyone that that was what time of day it was. He could never tell what time of day it was unless someone told him or unless he stepped outside and got a feeling for how the camp was energy wise. Usually things were slowish in the mornings, picked up in the afternoon and then gradually faded back to quiet and uneventful as evening approached. Sometimes there were events that happened in the evening and those often threw him for a loop, but he’d learned to ask when he wasn’t quite sure. That was how life went for a ninja who couldn’t see.

On this particular morning, after throwing on a pair of pants along with a shirt that he wasn’t sure matched the pants he had selected, Hotaru stopped by the med tent to see if they had any new cases he could help with. Most of what they saw was often more medical and not really Hotaru’s area of expertise, but every once in a while there was someone who’d been injured in an overnight scuffle who could require some attention from an individual with more training in medical ninjutsu. This particular morning wasn’t one of those mornings. Nothing really caught his attention as one of the nurses read through the current patient cases for him. That being said, he headed towards the main area of the camp where he could hear plenty of conversations being carried along.

Even without his eyes, he knew who some of the people were. Hotaru had been around long enough to start associating voices with names.

Right away, he could tell much of the conversation was focused on Rokuro and his… well, odd condition. Hotaru could hear Kayda’s concern, too. “Don’t worry, Kayda. If they really needed him to stay inside, they have what they need to make that happen. Him being out here is more of an annoyance than a true hazard.” Although he wasn’t technically on med staff, he worked closely enough with them to know what rules were important and which ones they just made in an attempt to make their own lives easier.

The odd thing about his interaction with the little group was that Hotaru didn’t really look at anyone he was talking to. He never did, though. He couldn’t see them anyway so he didn’t see any point in attempting to make eye contact happen. Hotaru’s gaze did shift slightly, though, to face more in the direction of Katherine, as he shifted to address her. “I imagine we’ll head out to train as soon as we deal with whatever it is that Shichikō’s found over there.” He couldn’t see what it was that the dog had found precisely, but he definitely heard the dog’s reaction to it and it didn’t sound friendly.

Grabbing his staff which had been strapped to his back, Hotaru pulled it out and moved towards the ninja dog and the stranger who’d approached their camp. Though he was actually prepared to fight if needed, he was just lazily leaning against his walking staff as he stood close to the camp’s resident ninja hound.

IG42 IG42 Chak Chak Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Kana Sugawara
Kana was up early in the morning, early enough to watch the sun rise over the hills. She had been roaming around for a while wondering when their next training session would be, or for that matter when their first mission would be, she had been trained and ready to take on the kakureyami for a long time, she never thought that it would take this long for them to get a single mission. it had been eating her up that she hadn't been able to do a single productive thing against the kakureyami since she got to the camp and she was thinking about leaving, but unfortunately she needed the camps resources to be able to fight them off effectively instead of getting herself killed first thing. She needed team mates too, she knew she couldn't do everything alone even if she wanted to.

By the time the group had gathered Kana had been up for a few hours. She was going to walk up and meet the group to ask them where Kenji was but she noticed the strange chakra presence as soon as they did. She followed behind them and approached the target. She wasted no time, it was detain first ask questions later. She formed the hand signs for a jutsu. "Steel Release: BInding Chains" She said as she slammed her fist into the ground and several steel chains shot up from the earth and attempted to subdue the bald woman carrying the body.

Chak Chak IG42 IG42 Blackvelvet Blackvelvet BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Lady Warlock Lady Warlock MagiEmpress MagiEmpress Pyosimros Pyosimros

Shigetsu Hozuki
Shigetsu awoke next to a camp fire, or what use to be one, it had a small amount of ash rising from it. She quickly surveyed her area as her eyes opened. Nothing seemed out of place andthere was no need to worry. She got up and began to hydrate as a night sat next to a warm fire had the effect of drying her out a bit. Soon she found her traveling onward again, pulling a little cart along that had sacks of food in it, making her look like a simple traveler rather than a ninja. In actual fact the sacks of food covered her blades, Higesori and Tsukikage, so that she didn't arouse suspicion on the road. it had been a week of traveling like this without incident. She probably could have traveled as a ninja and had gotten around much faster but with the limited cover in the planes of the land of lightning if the kakureyami found her it would be one fight after another.

As she walked down the road she could see a couple of soldiers up ahead, she kept her head down and continued forward, hoping not to be caught. As she passed the soldiers she let out a sigh of relief, "Halt" one of them said and she froze on spot. "What you carrying love?" one of the soldiers asked, as he approached. Shigetsu had really hoped it wouldn't come to her having to leave a body count behind but she inhaled deeply and replied "Just some produce good sir" She said bowing her head, in order to both show respect and to keep her face as hidden as possible. The Soldier looked back at the cart and cut open a bag revealing what was indead produce. "Hmph, I think she's hiding something" The Guard said and began to remove vegtables. Luckily for her the swords were hiden under a false panel with a quick access slot at the front of her cart curtosy of the man who taught her but she couldn't risk giving the soldiers a chance to jump her. "Great Water Arm Technique" She said as her arm suddenly buffed up and she drew Higesori from its slot. She quickly dispacthed the two guards and was resting on Higesori out of exhaustion from using her technique. She sighed and looked towards the distance, "The camp shouldn't be much further" she said to herself.

Avoiding an Acceleration to Aggressive Negotiations.

"Vahlianna Bethany, Sun of the Night, of the Sun's Favored, although Vahl is as acceptable as any other title thine peoples wish to address mine vessel with." Moving slowly, she reached up and grasped at the body as she began to lower it towards the earth, "I wouldst apologise for mine unexpected arrival, but I wouldst argue the message I carry is of importance. Tis, however, in mine own coat. I will have to reach inside to hand it o-"

Any further words where halted as Sumofen gave an irate squawk, sending Vahl into a deft spin as she reflexively tossed the body she'd carried out behind her. While she had expected to impede a stealthy assailant, she was instead surprised to see chains leaping of their own accord from the earth and wrap around the body. While the warrior had seen a few astonishing powers wielded by the bandits around here, she certainly hadn't expected something like this.

Unable to throw herself backward, lest the hound be part of this subterfuge, she instead went for what had been moments ago her right.

Coming out of a pair of bounding steps, Vahl spun on her left before planting her right, letting her shield come up between her and her unknown adversary, a younger looking girl, not yet a woman. Meanwhile her right hand dropped instinctively to the hilt of her sword and draw it forth, held at the ready as from her lips came a pair of prayers; one of Extension and another of Faith, Will and Body.

"I told you! I told you the ninja would try to kill you! I did!" wailed Sumofen from her shoulder, his wings gesticulating wildly.

Vahl merely rolled her eyes at the birds theatrics, "Calm thyself Little Wing, twas merely subduance, no need to react overtly, though naught reasoning to take no offence either... Hound," Vahl addressed casually, "Dost thou have knowledge that 'shooting thine messenger' is a capital offense in mine own lands? I will digress, I am not among mine lands, but mine sentiments have altered scarcely, and mine displeasure is warranted. Still, Child, a neat trick to be certain, but mayhaps thou wouldst be best off not aggravating those that thou hast not already made enemies of."

Finishing her words, Vahl let the hound rest in her peripherals while largely focusing on the assailant to her left. She wasn't wrong in her assumption either now that she'd had a minute to really look. Whoever it had been that had come up behind her really was but a child, not in any way over eighteen. And as the hound had not acted in tandem with the girl, nor had the man with the staff or the younger child further back. No, this was a solo decision as far as she could tell, and short of defending herself, she had no intentions of acting further lest she squander her chance to perhaps actually make an alliance.

IG42 IG42 Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Lady Warlock Lady Warlock BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji

Ariki Kiriken and Kenji Sugaro
9456.png

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext]Approaching the site of the scene that was now being played out between the young ninja trainees of the camp and the woman from another world was a man in the Konohana standard vest with slightly curly locks of hair falling over his face. The man was the ninja known as Kenji, a trainer to the young ninja of the refuge and overall a Jonin. He sighed slightly as he approached a similar mass as to the one Vahl had slumped over his own shoulder. "Kana, that's enough" He said in a calm yet stern voice as he dropped the mass over his shoulder on the ground next to him. The mass let out an "oof" as it hit the ground and rolled over to reveal the face of another young ninja, Ariki Kirirken, with a large lump on his forehead as if he had been hit with something hard. "The Rule About not shooting the messenger applies here too, or at least it use to, but please for give my students you might understand why they are jumpy considering the fact that we are in hiding and at risk of coming under attack at any time" He said bowing his head slightly in apology, something the younger ninja have probably never seen him do.

"But," he said as he rose his head, "don't mistake this gesture for trust, you are still an outsider and we have no idea if your actually with us or against us, but lets start our relationship with this" He said as he grabbed the scroll and turned away for a moment as he read it. In the mean time Ariki began to roll over with a groan. "Stupid Kenji, not even acknowledging me when I attacked..." The boy mumbled half dazed. Obviously the boy as usual had tried to jump kenji who counter attacked with a simple blow to the forehead, which wasn't anything strange for this time of day. The boy rolled over again before jumping to his feet and brushing himself off. A huge grin appeared across his face as he stuck his thumb out "All good" He said. The boy dressed in a dragon Gi with muscles in places where most people don't have muscles and a thick head of hair tied back into a loose pony tail looked like a delinquent through and through except for the out of place grin that was plastered on his face and he laughed off the fact that he, a Taijutsu master in his own right, had just been beaten in a single punch.

Kenji Turned back to the group his face unchanged since he opened the scroll. "Looks like this will be your last training session, your first mission will start tomorrow" He said letting his words fill the air and giving time to those there to process what he had just said. "Meet me at the usual training grounds in a hour or so after the others get here, I'll have things ready for you. As for you," He said looking at Vahl, "If you want to start to earn our trust come train with us, you look more than capable of fighting and you may make a valuable asset to our cause" He said as he began to walk off into the distance. As he did he lit the scroll on fire and let it burn away to nothing. Two ninja who had been on the sidelines came to pick up the body and take it away a few minutes later.
[/div][/div]

[div class=firsttext2][div class=secondtext2]A Scroll?
Kenji received the Scroll that Vahl had relieved then suddenly gave the message that their first mission would begin tomorrow. The details of the mission, what was actually in the scroll and why a ninja would actually put his life on the line to deliver that scroll. For those of you who haven't posted for characters yet or are still on their way to the camp time will essentially fast forward over the next few posts, besides giving everyone time to react to this post and have those characters join in you can either have them meet the group at the training grounds or join in with the group there now.
IG42 IG42 MagiEmpress MagiEmpress Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Chak Chak Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pyosimros Pyosimros Solarknight Solarknight
[/div]
[/div]

POST-01
SUZUME UEDA
On a couch set to the side of a room left in utter chaos, Suzu laid there in silence. Her left hand trying to block the sun's rays, she tried to forget her responsibilities—to sleep for a few hours more, but it was no use. Gradually the woman came to her senses, setting her arm to her side and slowly opening her eyes to her surroundings. Plagued with grogginess, Suzu moved to a seated position before glancing at her room. Everything was a mess. Her clothes were scattered across the floor, empty boxes of food littered her coffee table, though these sights were unfortunately to be expected. Slowly shaking her head, Suzu placed a hand on her forehead before she finally stood—prepared to begin the day.

As her morning routine went on, the grogginess slowly began to subside. Gradually the tired look on her face turned more neutral, and her movements were far less sluggish. By the time she changed into her casual wear and walked out of her residence, she was completely alert.

Outside, she was met by the sun's blinding rays. Suzu squinted, blocking them with an arm before looking to her sides. She was to meet outside the refugee camp—something she was already late too. Thus, Suzu began to move in a jog, navigating through her surroundings with ease as she slowly made her way to her destination. Though as she began to grow closer to the entrance, she began to take note of concerning events taking place in front of her. While in no means extremely hostile, there seemed to be a small conflict occurring, with Kana even utilizing her jutsu. Suzu began to speed up once she saw this, both intrigued and worried as to what could've happened.

An attack? she immediately thought. Perhaps she was bearing witness to the beginning of a skirmish between them and the kakureyami. This jog soon turned into a sprint as she saw a strange, bald woman and eventually, Suzu was near the group.

"Who is she? Is everything fine here?!" Suzu questioned the group, her eyes focused on the woman. However, she arrived when the conflict seeming descalated, with everyone seeming rather calm. Suzu took a deep breath, noting all this, before looking back towards her group.
----
Chak Chak Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Blackvelvet Blackvelvet BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji IG42 IG42

Hotaru Madarashi
As Kenji approached to formally deal with the newcomer in a much more professional manner, Hotaru remained exactly where he had been, still casually leaning against his bo staff as though everything was right with the world. Yes, he was curious to learn where this would go, but he wasn’t about to put too much work into getting himself involved in it unnecessarily. That didn’t mean his senses relaxed at all, though. In fact, during the brief time that Kenji spent reading the scroll Vahl had brought them, Hotaru’s foot was tapping the ground incessantly because he had no idea what was going on around him. It wasn’t like he could see that Kenji was reading a scroll or anything of the sort.

When Kenji finally revealed his decision, Hotaru was slightly relieved but mostly anxious. A mission meant encountering things and having to deal with emotions he’d long repressed. And a mission meant he’d actually have to fight. Sure, he trained some with the rest of the refugees, but Hotaru tried to avoid actually showing anyone in the camp the entirety of what he could do. There was something he liked about having his little secret… about not being the helpless blind boy everyone always assumed he was once they realized he couldn’t see. Hotaru was quite sure Kenji had a good idea of what he was truly capable of, but the others… had seen him fumble around with slight competence, but not much more than that. Nonetheless, Hotaru wasn’t one to argue either. He would deal in the same manner he always had.

“Alright. Sounds like a plan Kenji,” he mumbled. “I can hang out here and update any stragglers if the rest of y’all wanna head straight there. You guys probably have more training to work on than I do.” Again, he was trying to place his facade as he always did. It was just an offer, but he hoped some would leap on it.

While speaking, Hotaru flicked his bo staff up off the ground and strapped it back onto his back. In that movement, he channeled his chakra through the staff and send sound waves out through it - sound waves too off pitch for anyone to hear excepting perhaps the ninja dog. Hotaru still wasn’t sure if the ninja dog heard the sounds he used for his echolocation, but he didn’t much mind. If the dog did hear it, he seemed to tolerate it just fine. With the sound waves from his staff, Hotaru got a glimpse of the environment around him and a general idea of the shape of their new companion who would apparently be training with them. She certainly was an imposing figure. Someone dressed like that was bound to be perceived as a threat by anyone who could see them so he wasn’t surprised Kana had attacked.

He briefly looked in the woman’s general direction - not making eye contact because such a thing was near impossible for him - but attempting to make it clear that he spoke to her. “I’m Hotaru.” It was a brief and simple introduction. That was all that seemed needed.

Hearing Suzume’s voice, Hotaru answered her in nearly the same breath without even turning his head. “Everything seems to be alright for now. Kenji says we have a mission starting tomorrow, but we’re still training today as usual. She brought a message… I think… and Kenji has it now. Apparently she’ll be joining us for training… or, at least, Kenji invited her to join us.” That was about all the explanation Hotaru could offer considering he hadn’t actually seen the incident unfold.

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Pyosimros Pyosimros Chak Chak Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde IG42 IG42 Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Shichikō
While the intruder appeared to be complying and responded quickly her reply wasn't at all informative to Shichikō, aside from the outlandish name that only an idiot would use as an alias the titles she listed were completely meaningless to him. Shifting his steely gaze to the bird he sniffed suspiciously, it had the scent of the Bijuu within the woman but it's chakra signature was far too small to be the complete beast, he had never heard of a Bijuu being able to manifest outside it's host in such a manner though the otherworldly beasts had naturally turned a lot of the rules upside down.

He was content not escalate the situation but one of the children evidently disagreed and promptly tried to capture the stranger with summoned chains putting her on the defensive, thankfully Kenji did arrive before things could get properly out of hand. Huffing at the recklessness of the trainees he carefully approached the corpse and sniffed it checking for any booby traps, it would be a low thing to do but not something he would put past their enemies.

His ears pricked up at the mention of a mission and he looked to Kenji. "Am I expected to join this mission?" He asked reluctantly, he wouldn't go as far as to disobey a direct order from the Jounin but he didn't like having his vigil interrupted. As Hotaru sent out a pulse he shook his head once at the sound on the edge of his hearing, finding a nearby space that still afforded a view of the camp entrance he sat down perfectly content to ignore his temporary companion. "I'll stay here too."

Rokuro Sadazaku
Having hopped off his sword and pulled it out of the ground Rokuro had had the blood bag between his teeth ready to bite down and gulp down what was left in readiness to fight when everything calmed down just as quickly as it had heated up, humphing at not getting to play around with the bald lady he stabbed Kubikiribōchō back in the dirt and sat back down then jumped back up at the mention of the mission. "Ooooh! Are we going to go play around with the Kaku's old man Kenji?" Practically prancing he squatted down by his blade. "Hear that aniki? We won't be needing anymore bags for a while after this."

Popping up yet again he waved at the woman who had just joined them. "Hey Suzu-nee! Baldy is the postie and the old man Kenji says we have a mission!" He tended to quite like Suzu for her cheery demeanour making her one of the few people to rate any sort of honorific from him.

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Chak Chak Pyosimros Pyosimros Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde

Somewhere....
Quinta_Screenshot_003.jpg

Figures sat around a table cloaked in shadows, as if trying not to reveal themselves. In total there were two sat at the head of the table while five more sat around the table looking towards them. One of the figures at the head of the table cleared his throat, it was clear he was the leader of this mysterious conference. While his appearance was hidden the glint of a golden crown could be seen on his forehead. "Is everything going according to plan?" The man said in a deep and stern voice which not only had confidence behind it but was also a cruel and unforgiving voice. He Glanced towards one of the men sat on side of him the figure was also hidden but it was easy to tell that he was wearing a large suit of armor, "Yes my King, by the end of the week I will have secured it" his voice too was deep but more humble and respectful. "Though I don't understand why you had to send your little experiment to watch me, I'm more than capable of this task" he said.

As he did a laugh rose from the other side of the table one that was feminine and very demeaning. "Perhaps he just hopes you won't screw it up, Oh Great Conqueror" The voice said sarcastically in a hysterical laugh that might have made anyone a little uncomfortable. The man who was being question rose to his feet and a deadly aura was released from his body. "Watch what you say Mut" He said with a voice full of killing intent unlike his earlier respectful and humble tone. The woman also rose to her feet the same deadly aura coming from her as sparks of electricity bounced off her "What did you call me?" She said. That was when the kings fist slammed on the table and the two both shut their mouth's and stopped releasing their killing intent. "Enough of your childish bickering, I grow tired of it" the king said with a massive amount of killing intent as the two slowly sat back down, obviously defeated by his majesty.

The one sat next to the King, who had remained quite throughout the meeting so far now spoke up, "Now now my love, if you get mad at the children we won't have anyone left to fight for us" The woman said, revealing herself to be the queen. "My apologizes my love, I forget that even though they are my commanders they are inferior to me" He said back to the queen, and even though his comment may have been demeaning to each person at the table none of them flinched because they all knew it to be true. "Now if that's all this meeting is adjourned" He said, but before he could do anything more the one who he had been talking to before spoke up again. "Hold on my king, there was one thing. Your experiment found a rebel invading our headquarters here, she sent a clone after him swears she cut him down but the rebel managed to hit the clone and make it disappear, I don't think that they got away with anything but we haven't been able to find a body. How should we proceed?" He said. The King looked back at the man and his killing intent rose again, "One rebel means there could be more, I'll transport a few reinforcements to you and authorize you to use any means necessary to complete your mission and defeat the rebels" He said, "Those rebels will rue the day they were born" He said as slowly the figures around the table disappeared until it was only him and the queen left.

IG42 IG42 Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Solarknight Solarknight Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Chak Chak Pyosimros Pyosimros

RAIDEN SARUTOBI
Much to his dismay, he was the only one who had arrived early to the training ground on this particular morning. Every once in a while, Raiden decided it might be worth it to show up early and see if anyone else was there; he liked one v. one sparring practice more than any other form of training and before everyone else showed up was usually a good time to get that in. It only worked, though, if someone else showed up along with him. Apparently, he was the only one with that idea on this particular morning and that left him alone with the one being he hated being left alone with - Matatabi, the two tailed demon cat.

“You know, this whole training thing would probably go an awful lot better if you had a friend to train with every morning. Or if you hadn’t lost the one who used to fill that role for you,” the cat’s voice hissed inside his head causing Raiden to flinch. Matatabi’s voice flooded with malice, blaming him for the loss he’d endured… no, for the loss they had both endured and now had to manage while sharing a body - Raiden’s body.

“Shut up!” Raiden yelled at the cat. Even though his statement was directed at the cat demon that was sealed inside himself, he yelled it out loud. As he yelled it, he did more than that, too. Raiden reached behind himself and into the shadow of a tree; his fist closed around seemingly nothing, and then he threw his arm forward and a shadow whip was thrown, slicing a branch off of another nearby tree. It was an attempt to unleash some of his anger and frustration. It was an attempt that failed. He was still fuming internally as he watched the branch tumble to the ground and as he watched leaves scatter in the subtle morning breeze. “To ask someone else would be to replace her,” he tried to explain, knowing that even if he did explain it, Matatabi wouldn’t understand it, “and you know I can’t do that.”

“You wouldn’t have to replace her if you hadn’t let her die.”

Of course that was how the demon cat would see the situation. Raiden knew there was nothing he could say that would fix that opinion the cat held onto either. Ikeya had meant a lot to both of them.

Knowing that saying anything further would only bring him more emotional pain, Raiden decided to keep any further thoughts to himself - at least as much as he possibly could - and instead, he shifted his focus back on training because that was what he was there for in the first place. A simple hand sign and Raiden became invisible and he worked on maintaining that invisibility while casting his shadow out and wrapping it around the trees in the woods. His shadow wasn’t strong enough to snap any of the trees, but it was a good way to practice hitting stable targets and that was pretty much all he could do when there wasn’t a moving target to work with. Raiden’s training continued that way for quite some time and he had no intentions of stopping until the rest of the group he normally trained with showed up for the morning. He alternated between doing things while invisible and visible to learn how to shift his focus quickly.

There was a single moment where the cat demon offered another comment. “You should practice with fire. You never practice with fire.” And just to prove the cat demon wrong, Raiden threw in a single fireball jutsu which he restrained quite well - it didn’t touch any of the forest but still was visible and prominent enough to demonstrate that he was capable with it.

Assessing and Acclimating.

It was a tense peace, clear in the attitude of those whose home she now walked through as she followed after the man that had ultimately been the one to properly greet her. An invitation to practice, allusion to a mission the next day, and ultimately a choice. As of so far Vahlianna had merely survived where she could, fighting, or diffusing tensions when she could, against everything from bandits to refugees to simple farmers. Through it all, one thing had been constant, a fear of those known as the Kakureyami. The bandits would not fight them, the farmers would all pay their dues to them without complaint, but not without fear.

And now here she could see the faces of those that seemed to be "resisting".

An adult training children, other adults seemingly few and far between among the inhabitants of the camp that all eyed her as she walked by. Sumofen had dissolved, uncomfortable with the attention, but Vahl refused to shy from their suspicions or glares. She'd been looked down on more than enough when she was a gutter rat, but that was no longer who she was. Furthermore, given the average height of the people of this world, looking down upon her wasn't something many of them could even do. Whatever they thought of her, however, was irrelevant to how she felt for the obviously downtrodden people.

"This is far from the first of times that mine own eyes have witnessed the plight of those run out from their homes. Kenji, I believe thine name was when I heard the boy speak it? Mine companion, Sumofen, has explained what he knows unto mineself, but if I am transparent with you, I have found combat with both those be-gloved and those with bands similar to those that thy peoples wear. A war I am not looking to enwrap mineself in, but if I can aid these people then I would be remiss, and in opposition to mine long ago made obligations, to refuse aid to a peoples in need of the protections offered by those of the Sun's Favored."

Falling back a few steps after her comment, Vahl continued on through the streets, she watched as other 'warriors' seemed to move to join them on the walk to the training grounds. Only one of them, a blonde woman, seemed to have seen a score of years to their life. Whatever this war was, it was already looking to be unfolding into something more akin to an extermination. Children shouldn't have been getting dragged onto the field, armed with whatever they could find. Still, if this was what she was expected to find herself protecting...

"Little Wing, wouldst thou come out and answer a question; one?", as she asked she held out her left arm for Sumofen to form upon. Seconds later, a roil of smoke pulled itself from her breast and took the form of the rook she'd become so accustomed to. Sumofen gave Vahl a questioning look, and he didn't need to speak, as having actually formed let the woman know he'd planned on answering her. "Twas but a child that assailed me at the gates, and there are aught children, armaments aside, aplenty, all looking ready for war. Dost thou know if this is commonality, or merely happenstance?"

Sumofen gave a pensive look before ultimately shrugging, giving a few paranoid glances to the left and right, taking in those that Vahl was witnessing, before shrugging again and letting himself dissolve in a puff of smoke. The woman could tell he was pouting, he hadn't wanted to come here, but she could also tell he was being honest.

Dire straights indeed.

Opting to let their leader lead them, Vahlianna let her steps take her instead nearer to the blonde woman that looked nearer to her own age and opted to answer her questioning, "Tis truth, I have but brought a message and the vessel of one of thine peoples back to his family. Tell me, aside from your haspadr, Ser Kenji, are you the eldest of thy warriors? Many witnessed thus far seem to be... dzieti. Children. Mmm, greeting however, thou may entitle mineself Vahlianna, or more shortly Vahl. Methinks I will be raising shield and sword for thy peoples henceforth."

IG42 IG42 Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Lady Warlock Lady Warlock BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Pyosimros Pyosimros

Katherine Suzuki
d1c5989fcfa4fd624e5c872e94c0149d.jpg

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext]As soon as Everything started to go down between the group and the approaching woman Katherine's eyes had lit up, one blue and one red, and they began to analyze the techniques being used. She was quick to disregard Kana's Technique as it was one that she had already seen countless times before in training but this new woman, whether she be enemy or friend had some hidden skill of some kind. As the woman Muttered something Kat was quick to pick up on it through lip reading due to her sharingan and chotengan. Strangely enough she sensed that the woman had used some kind of technique. She squinted for a second taking in to regard how that was possible without her making and hand signs as she had both of her hands full, and no one could make hand signs faster than she could see them, no one she was aware of. When Kenji came around and cleared everything up Katherine took that as her queue to go talk to the woman as it seemed she was now friendly. Walking up to the woman she extended a hand, "Hi I'm Katherine, though everyone around her calls me Kat. Vahlianna was it? such a exotic name, I don't think I've heard of anyone with that name before, let alone someone who speaks like you do" She said, "By the way How did you do that thing of activating a technique without using any hand signs?" She asked.
IG42 IG42 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Pyosimros Pyosimros Solarknight Solarknight Chak Chak Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde
[/div][/div]

Akira Haruno
1342225-bigthumbnail.jpg

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext] Akira was already up early in the morning when people started to get moving, in fact she had never slept at all due to having a bitter old "man" Sealed inside of her that did nothing but complain. While she probably could have slept through his complaining she had stayed up to listen to his complaints and try to ease him a bit, but of course that didn't work very well because he had about a million of them. She had been pacing around the refuge for some time now looking a little worse for wear with black rings around her eyes as she was slumped over. She approached the gathering of ninja with a "Hey..." That could barely be heard. Honestly she could have just gone back to bed but she new Kenji would get mad at her if she didn't. Katherine who had just finished introducing herself to Vahl looked over to Akira "Hey, you up all night again?" She asked as if used to it. Akira gave a very tired smile back "Yeah My boyfried kept me up all night long" She said as if insinuating something. "KA! Don't go giving people the wrong idea!" A voice said in her mind to which Akira said "Ah too loud, Anyways I'm Ready for some fun, where are we training?" She asked, though again not very convincing that she was ready due to her tired expression.
IG42 IG42 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Pyosimros Pyosimros Solarknight Solarknight Chak Chak Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde
[/div][/div]

Kana Sugawara
Kana grimaced under her high collar that acted as a mask. She began to form another lot of hand signs the ones for collapsed eruption but just as she was about to, "Kana that's enough" a voice said as its owner approached with a boy slung over his shoulder. Kana gave a quick glance as her hands dropped to her side. She gave a quick bow back to kenji. She turned back to the woman who had brought the body and the scroll, eying her carefully. Kana was convinced now by the way that she carried her self and her way of speaking that she wasn't a kakureyami soldier but that didn't mean that she trusted the unknown woman. It was different if a ninja came here to seek refuge, they would likely come with a group of some kind of letter from the person who sent them not with the body of a dead ninja. Infact she assumed that most people coming here would leave their dead behind as it was too dangerous to travel with them. She sighed and relaxed a bit.

She now focused on the bird that was on the woman's shoulder, and when she did something inside her jumped, mixingup emotions with in her as if she had seen an old friend again. She closed her eyes and traveled to the recess in her mind. now infront of her, within her own mind was a large fox with a chain around her neck in a dark cave. The fox looked somewhat happy like she did when Kana first met Suzume. "Hey, do you know that Bird?" Kana said speaking towards the fox. The fox's head turned towards her the chain rattling as it did. "Yes, That Bird is Sumofen, the Kakureyami Five tails, He must be inside of that woman" The fox said. "Ah I see" Kana said before leaving the fox alone. As she opened her eyes she gave one more sly glance towards the woman before walking off.

Shigetsu Hozuki
Shigetsu had eventually abandoned the cart that she was pulling and began making her way on foot towards the refuge, she was close enough now that she wouldn't have to worry about any more kakureyami check points. She began to make her way into the Refuge, a large sword on her back and her smaller, but more powerful, sword on her side. When she approached she was cornered by two ninja, who must have been put near the enterance due to no one being there at the time of Vahl's entrance, though this was unknown to her. "Um, Hi I'm Shigetsu Hozuki from the land of water" She said the two ninja looked back and forth at one another seemingly discussing that they've heard the name Hozuki before and knew it was one of fame in Kirigakure. "Okay, who sent you here?" one of the ninja said though he didn't let his guard down for second. Shigetsu Reached into her pocket and pulled out a scroll "My master sent me here, he has sent a few groups of people here" she said as the guard examined the scroll and glanced down through it. "Okay you may go in, any student of his is welcomed here. Go find Kenji if your looking to put those swords to good use" The man said. Shigetsu looked at him with a bit of disbelief, she hadn't realized how popular her master was.

She began to walk through the refuge, the first thing she noticed was that it was just as bad here as everywhere else except there were no kakureyami soldiers around to bully everyone into submission. She sighed and proceeded forward walking towards a group of young shinobi. She glanced at them with a smile, "Hey, I was told to find a Kenji when I came into town, are any of you said person?" She asked. That was when she saw it, placed into the dirt with a boy leaning on it was Kubikiribōchō. She ran up to the boy who was leaning over it in excitement "Wow, is that the famous Kubikiribōchō? Would you mind if I touched it?" She asked looking at the boy with a twinkle in her eyes.

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Pyosimros Pyosimros Lady Warlock Lady Warlock IG42 IG42 Chak Chak

Analisa Raven and Kayda Iatso
Analisa was currently outside to getting ready to train. With Axel never staying in one place she was eager to see his return but sadly he hasn’t been around for quite awhile. She was given strict orders to stay in this refugee camp until he returned, but it had been months! At least she didn’t mind some of the ninja’s here. Although she wouldn’t exactly say they were close friends here either.

During Analisa’s wandering around camp she overheard Kenji mentioning a mission starting up tomorrow. She hasn’t been this excited in months!

Meanwhile, Kayda had been standing with the rest of the group, and she also had plenty of excitement for what she was hearing and what would be happening. Her only fear was that because she was so young, their teacher might tell her she couldn’t go on the mission. Watching everyone get all excited for it while knowing that that was possible had the young kunoichi very fearful. Looking around, she sought out anyone who might be able to reassure her and she saw Analisa out of the corner of her eye. Unlike the others, Analisa hadn’t directly engaged with their group yet this morning and Kayda was curious about why.

With multiple thoughts in mind, the young girl ran over to the nine tails jinjuriki and called out, “Hey Analisa! Did you hear?! We’re going on a mission! It’s going to be so nice to get out of being all cooped up here, isn’t it!?” There was some jubilance in her voice, but that just came with being only eleven.

“You seem to have been spotted by a young child Analisa,” Kurama spoke as the nine tails rested inside Analisa’s mind.

“Yeah I’ve noticed but she isn’t much of an issue.” Analisa looked down to Kayda and gave her best attempt at a smile, “Yeah I did hear. Are you going to be coming along with us?” Analisa only asked to be kind even though deep down she didn’t really want a child to be tagging along on this mission. Analisa wasn’t exactly one to see children die but she didn’t want to be stuck babysitting either.

Hearing Analisa ask Kayda if she was coming only made it that much more possible in Kayda’s head that someone might tell her she was too young to go along. “No one’s told me that I won’t be coming,” she muttered softly before finally voicing her fear. “You don’t really think that Kenji would tell me I can’t come along, do you? I mean… I train all the time just like the rest of you and… and… I’m just as much a ninja as all of you are, right?”

“Now now Analisa don’t lash out at the child; make sure you’re nice to her.” Kurama snickered because the truth of the fact was that he had nothing to do with this conversation.

“Oh hush! I am not that rude! Give Kayda more credit.” Analisa shook her head trying to escape the words of her beast. She gave another smile, “You do work hard, maybe even harder than some of the others here in camp. So if anyone were to ask me I would consider you a ninja like the rest of us.” Analisa couldn’t believe herself right now! She wasn’t usually this soft...she could hear Kurama chuckling in the back of her head.

“Alright!” Kayda yelled, very easily reassured by her comrade. “Let’s go join the others, then! We wouldn’t want to miss our last training session before the big mission!” Kayda turned and ran back to where the rest of the group waited so they could all go out to the training ground together.

Rokuro Sadazaku
Finished with his 'top-up' Rokuro removed the needle from his arm with ease born of years of practice, wiping the bead of blood that leaked out onto his arm away he yanked Kubikiribōchō out of the ground and swept it through the air to flick the dirt off then rested the massive blade on his shoulder. Feeling energised he looked around for someone to 'play' with, the bald lady talking to Suzu might be interesting since she was new but half the things she said were confusing to him and he thought that might take the fun out of it if there was a language barrier.

His search was interrupted by another stranger though this one was more conventional in appearance and manner by his standards and more interestingly to him was the way she fawned over Kubikiribōchō. "Yup this is the decapitating knife itself." Thinking for a moment he swung the blade stopping just shy of her neck in the crescent cutout of the blade. "You know we were about to start training, if you wanted to get a really good look at aniki we could play together." He began to bob with barely restrained energy and his grin widened close to the demented range.

Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde

Ryoko Saito and Kenji Sugaro
kiri_hunter_by_k_uina_ddf9qqh-pre.jpg

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext]Ryoko was taken back by the appearance of the large woman momentarily, though he quickly read the situation and focused on the woman as an enemy. The encounter was swift and Ryoko didn't even have time to act before Kenji showed up and diffused the situation. Ryoko sighed and gave Kana a pat on the back, "Guess there was no need to attack after all huh" He said and began to walk towards the training grounds. "I'll be heading there first, in case anyone is already there so I can tell them about the mission" He said as he took off towards the training grounds. Not long after he got there Ryoko Quickly spotted Raiden training on his own. "Hey Raiden" He said as he approached the man who was throwing around fire balls. "Kenji came to us earlier, we got a mission tomorrow, hes having our last training session here, everyone else should be showing up shortly" he said.

A little over an hour passed and everyone was ready and waiting at the training grounds. Kenji, who was late finally broke through the tree line and began to approach the group. As he got within about 20 feet of them he stopped, "Alright listen up everyone" He said giving everyone who may have been chatting a moment to settle down. "Your first official mission will begin tomorrow and it is by no means an easy one. You'll be headed towards the tower of heaven and earth, a location south of the camp and a bit north of Kumogakure. We've gotten information that the leader of the Kumo faction of the Kakureyami army, Benimaru, who is known to his soldiers as the Conqueror, will be headed there with a small guard for unknown reasons. The important thing is that he will be virtually alone. For any of you who were in Kumo when it got taken over you know that it was a long battle, that's because Benimaru specializes in a type of warfare previously not known to us, we it call siege warfare. He likes to wait his enemies out and attack with a large frontal assault rather than by using ninja tactics. Alone he's about the strength of your average jonin. While you lot are attacking the tower the rest of the ninja here will be attacking Kumo and taking it over by ridding it of the kakureyami influence, without their leader they are weak. So your job is to keep them distracted while we cut them off at the knees, then we will join you in taking down Benimaru. There aren't many ninja here besides you lot that are strong thats why your being given this task" He said finishin his explanation.

"Now as for that you can ask questions later, your training comes first. Your task is to subdue me using everything at your disposal, if you don't work as a team you won't get anywhere and you certainty wont beat Benimaru. This training exercise will give you a taste of what it will be like fighting a stronger opponent at full strength, so you better come at me like your going to kill me" He said. A moment passed and Kenji stood completely still and in silence, then the marks of a monkey sage appeared on his face. "Begin!"
[/div][/div]

[div class=firsttext2][div class=secondtext2]Training
Kenji has started your first training session, this post also serves as a time skip to that training session but your welcome to clue up your interactions before it. You have also gotten the details about the first mission, you guys can all ask questions through discord or through a pm or even in character and I will gladly answer
IG42 IG42 MagiEmpress MagiEmpress Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Chak Chak Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pyosimros Pyosimros Solarknight Solarknight
[/div]
[/div]

Katherine Suzuki and Akira Haruno
1342225-bigthumbnail.jpgd1c5989fcfa4fd624e5c872e94c0149d.jpg

[div class=firsttext][div class=secondtext] The walk to the training grounds was rather uneventful, Vahl Seemed to have been chating up Suzume and Kayda and Analisa were talking about something, seemingly about whether or not Kayda was coming along, Rokuro was chatting up another new girl and Kana was just being Kana. Aside from that no one else in the group was interacting much so aside from Katherine having a sleepy Akira leaning on her she never really had much to do for the whole journey. When they got to the training grounds however it seemed that there were already a couple of people there waiting. Ryoko Who went ahead and Raiden who she hadn't seen yet this morning. Of course when Kenji arrived to the scene everyone went a little tense in anticipation for what he had to say. Even the Sleepy Akira was fully awake and ready to listen. As he began to talk about the mission details Katherine felt a sickness in her stomach, that sickness was the fact that she knew this mission meant having to tell her parents that she was leaving for a ninja mission, something that would be hard with her sisters death still fresh in their minds. When Kenji activated his sage art and said begin she tensed up again.

No one moved at first, as they all knew that the slightest slip up would lead to their down fall, esspecially against someone using the sage arts. Katherine activated her eyes and Akira iron sand began to swirl around her. Akira gave a slight nod to Katherine and dashed forward, using iron sand under her feet to lift her into the air and towards Kenji. Katherine dashed forward a bit too getting in better range of Kenji so that she could attack. Katherine and Akira had worked on this tactic before and they figured Kenji would be the perfect test subject to see if it worked. "Great Fire Ball Jutsu" Katherine Said launching a giant fire ball towards Kenji. As soon as the fire ball got within five feet of him Akira began to manipulate her Iron sand which quickly surrounded the Area, "Iron Binding Coffin" She said as the sand swirled up around Kenji enclosing upon him and the fire ball.
IG42 IG42 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Pyosimros Pyosimros Solarknight Solarknight Chak Chak Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra fin fin
[/div][/div]

Arc 1: Kumogakure Liberation Arc
The Following Morning After Training...
Kenji Sugaro

After the training session yesterday Kenji still had his doubts about sending them alone on this mission, but he knew that they were definitely strong enough and knew that when it came down to it they would work together to defeat the enemy. He just had this feeling in the pit of his stomach that something would go wrong. Kenji Proceeded to do his rounds of the camp and after a while took a seat on the ledge of a roof top, he had told the young ninja to make sure that they got a full nights rest before they got up and prepared for their mission, so he hoped that they at least took that advice seriously, as this may be the last full rest they will have for a while. Kenji sighed, mostly due to all the inconveniences he had to deal with these past few days, such as the fact that Suzume backed down as she felt unprepared and dealing with Katherines parents and convincing them to let her go on the mission.

Around a hour passed and he began to gather up the young shinobi and led them outside of the villiage. "Ok everyone, today's the day where we make our first strike against the Kakureyami, it certainly won't be easy and some of you may get hurt, but stay strong and make it back safely together. I won't blame any of you if you want to back out of this now, its going to be a hard road to follow for you from now on, but for all of you this will be your first step in becoming real shinobi. I can't even rightfully call you the young shinobi of the village anymore, you've all grown into fine young men and women over the years and I'm sure you'll continue to grow" He said. He then turned his head to the warrior from another world, Vahl who had also been invited on the mission. "Even though your not exactly a ninja I hope that you to will become a great comrade for us in the coming battles" he said briefly before turning back to the group as a whole. "You will leave for the tower of heaven and earth immediately, I would suggest splitting up and traveling in small groups to help avoid detection on the way. It takes about a day and a half of travel to reach to tower and a day to reach kumo so the jonin group attacking Kumo will leave about half a day after all of you." He said Finishing his speech and giving the group a nod as if saying go!

Tower of Heaven and Earth
"Lord Benimaru-sama, Lord Benimaru-sama!" A voice shouted as footsteps echoed the hallways. The door to an office like room burst open and what looked like a young kid with black hair dressed in robes burst through the door. "What is it?" The man sat behind the desk asked. The man was a huge bulky man dressed in a set of armor with horn adorned to each side of the armor so that he looked more like a demon than a knight. "I Figured it out, my research has finally born fruit!" he said. "Oh, our King will be more than pleased then, if you really have succeeded we will nor longer have to worry about something similar happening here" Benimaru said as he stood up from his desk. "Yes sir, unfortunately though it is very complex and it uses quite a bit of my chakra but I may be able to teach it to others with time" He said. "That's good, you've done well Gonta" Benimaru said to the man in front of him as he walked through the door while giving Gonta a pat on the shoulder.

demon-lord-70594.jpg
latest
IG42 IG42 Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Mz.Hyde Mz.Hyde Solarknight Solarknight Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Chak Chak fin fin ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra

Raiden Sarutobi
Their final training session had gone quite well, Raiden thought as he started processing things while waking up the following morning. He knew that today would begin their mission and he wanted to make sure his mind was in the right place for it. That meant that he had to know all the pieces of the puzzle. His eyes had been very focused and very observant during their practice battles against their sensei so that he could learn more about what everyone could do. Some of them he had known for a while and so seeing them in action didn’t necessarily offer him any new information. Others, however, were entirely new to Raiden and so he had plenty to learn about them.

He had every intention of trying to step into a leadership role as their mission commenced. To do that, he needed to know everything he could about the members on his team. In his mind as he got ready for the day, Raiden was processing data in his mind.

For a while, it seemed like he was stuck in his thoughts, but Raiden knew that he wasn’t. It was just how he strategized when he had the time to do so without disruption. He managed to pull himself out of what appeared to be a trance just as he joined the rest of the group that had gathered near Kenji for their final briefing before they departed for their mission. While they waited for everyone to gather, Raiden studied their teacher, wondering if he really thought they were ready or if time had just gotten out of their reach. He hoped they were going because Kenji really thought they were ready, though.

Like everyone else, he listened to their instructor’s quick pep talk, but when it was time to go, Raiden made sure he was the first person to step forward.

“If we need to split into groups, we should probably do that right away,” he began. “I’m not sure about anyone else, but I used our training yesterday to try and learn a little bit about everyone’s strengths and weaknesses and I think that knowledge would be good to apply to our strategy for dividing ourselves.”

His eyes scanned the group briefly before he launched into his logical plan. “Hotaru should stay with Rokuro because I think of all of us, Rokuro’s the most likely to need a medic.” His eyes landed softly on Rokuro as if to say ‘no offence.’ “Vahl, I would like you to go with Kayda. I know we’ve only just met you, but you seem like someone who would be good at keeping her safe. She’s small, but she’s got plenty of fight in her.” His gaze shifted to Kayda quickly, “And I want you to fight with your heart, you hear? Be smart. You’re stronger than you think.” The youngest ninja in their crew didn’t necessarily have any confidence problems, but Raiden still wanted to boost what she had right before their first mission. “Ariki, you’ve got more taijutsu than any of the rest of us, and I have absolutely none so we should stick together to compensate.”

Those were the main ones that involved strategy on his part. In his proposal, everyone else just fell into a spot. “Analisa, you can come with me and Ariki. Kana, Katherine, I think you two should team up with Kayda and Vahl. Akira, you can join Rokuro and Hotaru and that leaves a team with Ryoko, Shichiko and Shigetsu.”

Raiden paused briefly, letting his proposal settle over everyone. “Anyone have any different suggestions?”

Rokuro Sadazaku
Hopping energetically from one foot to another Rokuro restrained himself to excited humming while Kenji was giving his speech then cheered when he finished. "Thanks for the pep talk Old Man Kenji. Time to start the real game!" Listening to Raiden plan things out he pouted. "Ehhh? Are you kidding? Once I get my teeth into them I'll be able to heal anything short of losing an arm in no time!" He didn't have anything against Hotaru but Rokuro didn't like the implication that he needed babysitting. "Not that I try to get hurt or anything it's just quicker when you don't worry too much about defense, that and the looks on their faces when the wounds they put there heal up as they watch are great." He snickered to himself at the thought.

Shichikō
In stark contrast to Rokuro Shichikō had ignored the motivational speech for the most part and was sat down scratching at his ear when the jounin finished, he wasn't quite as optimistic about how the impulsive children would perform though that was why he had chosen to come along. Letting Raiden set out the groups he found he had no objections, each team had at least one of the more level-headed people there to balance out the hyped up ones.

"Hmm.." He rumbled to himself, his only issue was with being in a group separate from Vahl, while Kenji seemed to already trust the stranger Shichikō did not especially when she had brought them the supposed intel that had resulted in this mission. "I might recommend one change, it would seem stealth is not a strong suit of our new friend." The amount of noise her armour made was almost deafening to him when compared to the light footsteps even the greenest of ninja had. "If I were to be in a group with her I could sense enemies from a longer distance and allow us to remain undetected for longer." He left the part about sniffing out any potential ambushes or traps she might lead them into unsaid.

Chak Chak Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back