• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: In the Shadow of the Broken Moon ~ IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
1648875888533.png

Summer heat beat down from above as a lazy haze shifted in the distance, and the sounds of insects' chirpings rose. A slight sigh came as a hooded figure ran blood between his fingers, dried blood splattered across the fence posts. Beneath him, a similar robed figure lay motionless on the ground, a large slash-mark tearing open the chest.

The smell of gunpowder, iron, and death mixed with the humidity, and the figure looked upward. "Another one. Good help is so hard to find too." He shook his head, and took off the mask of the corpse, slowly closing its eyes with a pass of his hands. He quickly pocketed the mask, and sat on a nearby bench. The masked man took off his own mask, a brilliant mustache showing, and stroked a goatee as his eyes searched the scene. A pebble kicked against a wall... They had pivoted on one foot, caught unaware until the last moment. The earth was slightly disturbed, leading from a handprint, cracks showing where it had tried to rise up, but they had been killed before the Earth Style hand gone off. But no additional footprints, nothing identifying the attacker... again.

"And with Lord Hibiki Hyuga dead, tensions are up on the Hokage. Not that I think he's... particularly bothered in the first place."

As the man stroked his goatee, he slowly put his mask back on, as other robed figures flickered in around him. He raised a hand.

"Yes, yes, I know I'm late. I'll have a double attend as Kaito. Get the cleaners out here. There's no evidence, and seeing a dead ANBU might... give the wrong impression to leaf."

Insects began to crawl out of one of the robed figures, and Kaito facepalmed, holding up the hand for 'stop'. "Wait until AFTER I've left. Heavens knows I have enough to have nightmares about. Don't need to watch a beetle come out of someone's eye."

-------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in a black out room, all curtains heavily shut, and the walls laced with a genjutsu making them seem endless, 12 genin would wait.

The only light source was a swinging lantern, that moved almost hypnotically, revealing seals across the floor each time it swung like a pendulum. The lantern seemed to have an effect of distorting time, making it difficult to tell if they had been in the room 5 minutes, or 5 hours. Each glance at it made time pass quicker, but each look at the walls made it slower. The entire room seemed to almost gently sway as well.

With another sway of the lantern, a masked face suddenly appeared in the passing flame. White with horns, the mask was a Hannya mask.

As the lantern swung back, he was gone, but a voice sounded.

"Welcome to ANBU. Apologies about the wait! I had urgent business. Now, there's many analogies I could make of how we're the shadows of the falling leaf, and each of us follows the squirming foliage as it falls, until at last, for the first time it meets it's own shadow on the ground. But..."

The man clapped his hands, and torches began to light, showing more of the circular room, with a clock on the wall showing it had only been 45 minutes.

"I'm not one for poetry. I am Kaito Chosokabe. ANBU Commander. But I'm not important here. You are. Today, you're the little Shadows of the Leaf. Our work's not glorious, but it is important. We do the crap no one else wants. Starting off, you all will have Squad Leaders watching your every move. They'll be like your sensei's, but will generally be giving helpful advice while helping you garrot someone in a back alley, and cleaning the blood off. All the things your best friend was too chicken to do in the academy. Or maybe I just wasn't hanging with the cool crowd. The work is tough. There isn't any appreciation for it. But it is important. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Oh. And the pay's good. Afterall, before you were Genin Ranked... now you are ANBU, and that's out the window. Speaking of benefits..."

The Hannya mask individual pulled out a crate, turning, and began to toss out cloth and mask to each genin there.

"Uniforms. Each uniform has a design on the back. Red, is under Kasane Uzumaki. Gold, is under Taisei Hyuga. Green is Kazuo Senju. Blue is Miyu Ogumo. Oh. Some of them were supposed to have been dead. Oops.

If you find anything secret in ANBU... you aren't looking hard enough. Everything is classified. If that stops any of you, I'll fire you immediately. Know what you're supposed to know... and figure out what you aren't.

Pay is semiweekly, collect it in your drop box, if you're out on a mission, it will accumulate. Keys to dropboxes are with the mask. Where they are at is the first ANBU hazing, have fun with that. I'd tell you, but I've been informed 'it's funnier if I don't.'. ANBU quarters is large and expansive. Explore it. Don't get caught in classified areas. We have a forge for kunai and blades, a primer who deals with explosive tags. They'll make other tags, as long as you provide the designs. There's a sleeping quarters here. A training ground that can take any shape. A medical facility; some rumors say there's a hidden area we call the 'fleshpit', where dojutsu and other body parts are stored. Silly rumors of course. Oh, and there's a large expansive library, some sections forbidden. Try not to get caught.

This room right here, by the way, is the interrogation room, one of, anyways. Put a kunai on a string in the door if it's in use and we'll try to not disturb any sessions. Here's a list of cleaners provided with the packets, contact them if you need any corpses cleaned. Try to make it ANBU related. They get really homicidal if you call them too much. Oh, and they aren't morning people for the most part."

Kaito shrugged, and made a finger to neck motion and fake gagged for 'death'.

"Now, your squad leaders are dying to meet you. Sadly, I've given them all the wrong room. Who knows what room I told any one of them. Oops. Here are your marks. None of them are wearing masks. Oh, that reminds me. Mask policy. In ANBU headquarters, no one cares. If you are a civilian, don't wear your mask. If you're ANBU. Wear a mask. Break it, and I'll have to call the cleaners. That's the policy."
The masked man chuckled at his own joke, then handed out bingo books to every person there. In a bit of macabre humor, the last entry for each book ended with their respective squad leaders, including pictures, descriptions, and ranks.

---------------------------------------------

Squad Miyu

Heat sweltered within the large brick room, a shimmering orange illuminating the entire place. A clanging of hammers echoed, and below, blades were being folded, again and again, molten ore glimmering as it was beaten into shape.

Above, a figure crouched on an stone outcropping, and dipped a cigarette into a nearby vent, lighting it instantly. A sleeve was missing an arm. She took several stuttering drags on it, a shaking hand slightly crushing the cig as she puffed it.

"Why the FUCK did I bother to come to the forge when I know Kaito. Heaven's knows where the Kazuo, Taisei, or Kasane ended up. Geez. I don't know what's worse, Kaito, or Doppel... tch. Both are as annoying as shit. I said I didn't want to be squad leader... and not only am I here, he tells me the wrong freakin' room like some sick joke."

A long, drawn out exhale left a cloud of smoke, before she put the cigarette back in her mouth, biting it in place as the figure took off her mask, and slid down a zipper on the robe, revealing her regular clothing underneath... as well as copious amounts of sweat, the forge not being the coolest place in ANBU. She shuffled through papers, singed by the hot embers drifting in the room.

"Ton, Ren, Yumi. Wait, shit, that an Ogumo? Ha, that's hilarious."
She spent more time on the other two, looking over Ton's evaluation at chunnin exams again and again. "Seriously. No aptitude. No weakness...? Average at everything...?" She switched folders. "Archer, huh. Nice and simple... wait, none of these guys are good in a fight! GAH!!!!"

Miyu's shriek echoed up the tunnels of ANBU headquarters, a slight lacing of killing intent with it. She dropped her cigarette, and fell to the ground, cradling herself in one arm, the mess of papers falling around her.

"I can't do this... I can't do this!"

The killing intent began to grow... The blacksmiths nearby shuddered, before looking at Miyu, and deciding to leave that one alone. It took them a minute to continue the clinking of hammers. One of them was hitting the anvil... with nothing in front of him, obviously distracted and watching what would happen next.

Squad Taisei

If Taisei had thought about it a little more, he might have guessed that the new ANBU wouldn’t assemble in the library as Commander Chosokabe had said. Giving the squad leaders the wrong room and then sending their rookies on a wild goose chase was exactly the kind of hazing ritual that the man enjoyed. But Taisei for some reason still trusted him, and so he’d appeared in the library, bright and early, and found absolutely no one there.

Well. At least he had time to get his reading done.

His new subordinates’ (students? Gods) files weren’t particularly shocking. Uchiha Natsume was decent at everything, spectacular at nothing, and according to her Academy sensei, had trouble making friends. Nakamura Nariko was a little taijutsu powerhouse with no moral compass, if he was reading between the lines of these mission reports correctly. Hyūga Hisa…

Was a Hyūga.

“The fuck, Commander,” Taisei muttered to himself. The librarian, a retired ANBU agent herself, glowered at him from behind her desk.

Okay. Focus. Hyūga branch house, thank every god ever. Good at genjutsu and stealth, and again, a little more bloodthirsty than average. She would have been four when he ‘died.’ He vaguely remembered a couple of toddler cousins, but they weren’t closely related, and he’d done his best to avoid babysitting at that age. What an awkward fucking conversation this would be.

He set the files aside, crossed his legs, and settled in to meditate while he waited for his errant rookies to arrive. Knowing the Commander, it could take a while.

Last edited:
Squad Kasane
"Gooood morning ev-oh." Throwing open the door a red-headed woman cut her greeting short as she beheld a room lined with drab filing cabinets and sighed, from somewhere deep inside she heard a snort of amusement at the flubbed introduction. Oh hush. She said silently.

Stepping into the room she swiped a bit of dust off one of the neglected cabinets with
a finger, she wasn't quite sure if sending her down here was a prank at her or the newbies or both or some daft test to make them track down their squad leaders. Whatever the case Kasane decided a real leader would delegate aimlessly wandering the halls to her underlings, with that reasoning in mind she went over and pulled a scarred chair away from a plain table with an old bingo book propping up one leg, dropping into the chair she propped her feet up on the table and took to flicking through the files she had been given on her new squad.

Hmm Kiyoshi has quite the story and Ryuji could need some work to keep out of trouble. What do you think? Kasane wasn't surprised when her attempt at banter was ignored, her unwilling passenger rarely cared to speak unless he had a complaint about something, still she'd kept trying for years already and wasn't prepared to give up now. Leaning back precariously she continued reading and chatting at her constant companion.

Squad Miyu

Yumi's uniform had a blue mark, which meant that her squad leader was Miyu Ogumo. Glancing around the creepy room, she saw two others with the same mark--a dark-haired boy with swords and a white-haired girl in a surprisingly fancy silk robe. Could she actually fight in that? Or had she dressed up for their first day in ANBU? It didn't seem like the kind of thing you dressed up for, and they had uniforms anyway, but maybe--

Focus, Yumi.

She hung the key to her dropbox around her neck, tucked everything else under her arm, and went to greet her new teammates.

"Hey." She held up the blue-marked armor. "I'm Arabori Yumi. I think we're looking for the same lady."

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo

Kazuo Senju
de37c74219478fcc4639868fff64888f.jpg

"...Hmm....

...Hmmmm....

...Yes...

This is definitely...

The wrong room..."

The training room had changed once again as the jonin dodged a swinging axe blade.The steel of the blade sparking against the floor as another comes by not long after, prompting the jonin to sway back the way he came, he stood still for the third, that swung where he would have been if he continued to adjust... Its all about timing really, he didn't mind this training room when it got like this but really it felt like the place wanted him gone. It's like it had a mind of it's own really...

He would have been surprised they were going to hold the meeting here but.. Well.. Sometimes you just have to go with the swing of things.

Get it?

His reward was another axe blade, comepleteing the star formation the four pendulum blades had, they were quite well timed he really did quite like these. Even had blunt options if the trainees didn't feel like dismembering themselves. Very nice.

Though...

He truly did wish that his students would come soon.

He was getting abit bored and really thats the last thing he wanted from his first day with them, he packed a picnic for them and everything. Growing kids needed extra food to grow big and strong, many were around Lyn's age too, hopefully he was going to get along with them well..

And that they would get along with each other as well... "...Ah... Lets see the pages... my niece is on here, Amicable sort if hot headed... Mud release hmm? Kanon Ametsuchi, a go getter, thats good! sap-like blood? interesting... Hmm... Rokuro... Why does his file have a sticky note on it? vamp...iric..? How odd. Two blood dealing genin and a mud release user.

Should be plenty of fun."

Squad Kazuo
At Kaito's loud clap Rokuro snapped awake and uncurled from the ball he had been napping in on the floor for the past 40 minutes having quickly gotten literally tired of waiting not long after it became clear no one was there to greet the genin on arrival, pushing himself up into a sitting position he caught the thrown gear and checked to see the green mark, holding it up to show off the mark he looked around. "Who else got green?"

Glancing down at the mask he carelessly dropped the new clothes and frowned down at it. Drawing a kunai he proceeded to bash the mask until he broke off a chunk leaving a space for his mouth, trying it on he showed off a sharp toothed grin through the new gap. "Perfect!" He looked around again both for approval and his team.

Squad Kazuo

Emiko Senju

BRLjpnX.jpg

The room had left the young Genin plenty of time to think to herself about the situation she had been in. How one moment of what seemed like both bad luck and reality came wailing full speed into her bringing her into a room like this. Standing now as she took hold of the uniform glancing upon it as if in a daze. Her mind having in part drifted away from her body hearing the words spoken by Kaito though never able to focus in enough to fully process it.

Time felt so distorted in her own mind, perhaps aided by the condition of the room they were in though also with her own meandering thoughts that had been bubbling within her own head. The thoughts put to heat like a kettle with that swift blow at the chunin exams and finally coming to a gentle boil when asked by a member ANBU to come with them. So many mixed feelings and thoughts all but leaving her in a state of disarray to know what to think or how to react. While it wasn't the first time she had felt like this, it had never been to such an extreme degree before and unlike a kettle it was as if there was no way for her to release the steam making it feel as if instead she might simply explode. Her eyes only able to glance upon the color on the uniform looking on like a lost child rather fearful of the punishment they were about to receive.

Green.

Kazuo.... Senju...

The words lingering in her mind as it sounded like a harsh wind echoed through her mind whipping and tearing through as it felt as if her very spirit that had drifted away was thrown back into her body as every word Kaito had told them came into full clarity and the entire situation was in full focus. Her pale expression quickly shifting as her cheeks began to tint a light shade of red as her blank expression shifted from calm to show what appeared to be a mixture of both anger and embarrassment all at once.

"Him... really him? What kind of cruel joke is this?" She spoke her voice peeking out hinting at her anger feeling almost slighted in response. The red on her cheeks only became a bit more intense as she felt further humiliated in part due to her own little outburst combining more in realization it was her uncle she had been assigned to. She didn't even know he was part of ANBU. She knew he was a shinobi but it hadn't ever been a thought in her mind that he could be part of such a group. It didn't at all seem like a role he would fit. She cupped her hands over her mouth, the robe still in her one hand aiding in concealing it as if attempting to both hide her embarrassment as well as keeping herself.

No... focus Emi focus. Its ANBU right... it can't be some cruel trick. This is all serious... you got to stay cool. They know what they are doing... they do... and if Dad is here somewhere too I swear I'm going t.... no no... relax, focus.... deep breaths.

The girl closed her eyes taking in a deep breath before relaxing, lowering her hands glancing down a bit worried she might of messed up her nice new robe accidentally. Her eyes shifting down to see the mask looking upon it. She looked up the muttering of the color green having caught her ear before she had her little outburst as she looked up hearing a banging coming from the direction of the boy who she was certain had mentioned her color as he began smacking a hole into the mask... A HOLE INTO THE MASK?

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IDIOT?" She spoke as it was clear she hadn't completely cooled her head shouting as she shuffled over grabbing her stuff nearly managing to drop her own mask though managing to catch it just in time as she ran over to them.

"THAT..." She shouted catching herself taking a deep breath and a pause before attempting to ease herself down.

"That mask is valuable for an ANBU... what are you doing breaking it like that?" The teen spoke out looking at him seeming looking not that happy about it though at the very least seeming to ease up on her own anger, though her eyes were clearly shooting daggers at him looking upon the damage caused to the mask. All that to create a little hole for his mouth? Was that really what he thought was important to damage such an important symbol of the ANBU.

She shook her head looking down taking another deep breath. Things were falling apart so fast. Still, she had to keep focused. She had to settle down. Just be friendly. There was no reason to let herself get angry. She had to make a good first impression. She took in another deep breath settling herself down putting on a light smile. It was a fake smile given her unease but she wanted to try and be a bit friendly.

"My name is Emiko..." She spoke pausing as she hesitated on giving her full name. It felt a bit wrong given who the ANBU were suppose to be, and the fact she was related to their leader made it feel all the more unease revealing it. Electing not to, she began to speak again not allowing the already long pause to linger any longer.

"... you can call me Emi for short if you like since it seems we are the same squad. What is your name?" She inquired Rokuro looking on as the fake smile she had put on had eased a bit as she settled down a little bit feeling a bit more comfortable not having to put as much effort into faking her expression.

IG42 IG42 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Orikanyo Orikanyo

Last edited:

6ca58a8c58915ec0014d872fbe8a35f1.png

1a1f27398f2c23919b92b89234c784163a676353r1-1200-1600v2_00.jpg

~Squad Kasane~
Mentions: Kaito Ganryu Ganryu // Kasane IG42 IG42 // Eiichi The Regal Rper The Regal Rper // Ryuji SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck
360_F_343147442_BT7ay5L5jQAc6g14QlYDFelfeF1kgmri.jpg

The day had been like any other of the last few, the sun shining brightly in the skies above as its relentless rays of light showed little care for a persons privacy. Its actions spurred onwards by the singing cicada's that seemed to gather in orchestra whenever the sun decided to make an appearance. A small gap, the tiniest of slivers within his curtain was enough to cast light amidst the darkness that encompassed Kiyoshi's room, the light finding refuge at the worst possible spot. Sprawled across his bed, the red haired genin had remained rather motionless, his left arm pressed against his head and over his eyes in an attempt to defy the invasive sunlight that had urged him to awaken from his slumber. Uncaring of the dream of times long since past that Kiyoshi had allowed himself to wallow in during his peaceful rest. That was all it was now, memories of the distant past; of a life so far removed from where he currently found himself. Alone.

Alas the damage had already been done and despite his best efforts, Kiyoshi was now awake; his futile attempt at fending off the sunlight doing very little for him. A sigh would escape his lips as he rolled over to one side, his back now turned towards the intruding light of the sun as both eyes focused upon the clock hung upon the opposite wall. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The clock was mocking him as it counted the minutes until Kiyoshi got his ass out of bed, counting the seconds that the genin would fight this losing battle against the days awaiting events. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The day would progress whether Kiyoshi liked it or not.

While the start of the day had been like every other; this day in particular was far different from the monotonous life that he had been living just a couple weeks ago since the conclusion of the chuunin exam. Defeat, failure and ostracization. A team that had showed such promise prior to the exam had capitulated at one of the concluding hurdles; the teamwork they had forged through countless missions finding its weakness within the selfishness of those absorbed in their own ego.

The heaven and the earth scroll test would prove to be their demise. A simple test that required the teams to gather one of each scroll before heading to a designated place. How the scrolls were gathered did not matter, only that both were needed in order to reach the hidden location. Kiyoshi and his team mates had been designated with the scroll for earth, thus required the heaven scroll in order to pass the test. 3 days amidst the hidden mist training grounds would elapse before they would gather a scroll for heaven; the 2nd prerequisite needed for them to progress to the next stage. Having one of each scroll, it had been decided that the other members of the team would hold one each; with Kiyoshi tasked with protecting either of them should they be attacked by one of the other teams remaining.

The closer they got to the hidden area, the more they would find themselves being ambushed by other teams desperate to progress and it would be during this time that the fractures in their teamwork would soon become obvious. Kiyoshi had voiced his desire to retreat, to conserve their energy and attempt to find another route to the finish line. The other two however were convinced that their best chance of success would be to fight their way through. They had already gotten this far, so there was no point in taking a step back and reassessing the situation. Out voted, Kiyoshi could do little but follow the rest of the team as they attempted to power through; a foolish endeavour as they were eventually overwhelmed and defeated; their scrolls stolen. Kiyoshi would soon take the fall for their failure; the other two claiming that he had been the one that had forced them to take the rash action of fighting their way through.

The odd one out, the outcast and the refugee. Kiyoshi was the scapegoat for their failure to proceed, the one with the target placed upon his back once their teamwork was put into question. The trust between them had proven to be nothing more than superficial as he was cut adrift; the bond between oppressors overpowering the innocence of the oppressed. The days after had been tempestuous as best as Kiyoshi was made to look the villain, his fellow team mates using him as the scapegoat to mask their own actions; their own failures. It was inevitable that the dynamics of their team would be put into question; sent to the higher ups for review with the potential for a reshuffle; the only solution that would satisfy all parties involved; including their team's leader - An experienced Shinobi, but a passive instructor. Not the type that would have gotten this particular team of genin to reach their full potential.

It was only upon the potential of a reshuffle that Kiyoshi had been approached; the Shinobi indoctrinated with the Sound release KKG being approached by the masked agents of the Anbu. An offer was given to the crestfallen Kiyoshi and several days after a decision was made. There was power in anonymity, acceptance by those that could never judge you for where or what you came from. Within the shadows, Kiyoshi could really influence a difference, to challenge the oppression that he had come to experience whilst living among the 'many'. It was an offer that Kiyoshi could not refuse.

Now sitting upon his bed, Kiyoshi held the envelope that contained the instructions for where and when they would be meeting; the induction of the new batch of Anbu recruits was today; a new life and a fresh start for Kiyoshi was waiting for him amidst the shadow of the leaf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would be an hour or so before Kiyoshi had gotten himself ready; the genin adding the finishing touches to his usual combat gear as he glanced at the clock above; time a plenty as he made sure to not be late. The meeting place however had been a ruse and the true beginning to his future as an Anbu agent would soon arise upon him stepping out of his front door.

Key pressed into the lock of the door, Kiyoshi sensing something amiss had just about managed to evade the oncoming strike; his right hand twisting the lock shut as a cloaked figure attempted to use the opportunity to knock him out cold. The strike had missed its mark, however by avoiding the attack, Kiyoshi had found himself hitting a far bigger obstacle in the form of a 2nd cloaked figure; a far larger one whose body had been wide enough that Kiyoshi had found himself retreating into it. Head tilted upward to see the 2nd assailant, Kiyoshi had just enough time to notice the Anbu mask and the unique eyes hidden behind it before he was rendered unconscious.

Kiyoshi would awaken within the darkened interiors of the interrogation room; his entire surroundings clad in darkness thanks to the genjutsu laced curtains blocking out the light; save for the swinging pendulum in front of him that just about revealed everyone else already gathered in the room. Eyes focusing upon the lantern at first, Kiyoshi would find himself tearing his gaze away from its hypnotic seduction; eyes shut to the source of light and the the seals marking the floor. Sound was his ally and sound would never betray him.

Shutting off his own vision by keeping his eyes closed, Kiyoshi had begun to steady the beating of his own heart; the rhythm of each beat keeping his senses at ease as he listened for any changes in the room. It was evident enough that whatever trick was being used in this room, was focused entirely on afflicting the visual senses of those presently gathered here. The darkened walls that seemed to extend indefinitely would give them the false sense of being in a space far larger than it really was; making them feel far smaller than they were whilst also keeping them on edge for whatever potentially lurked within the darkness, threatening to envelop them. Eyes forced to strain in the darkness, it would be hard for them to ignore the swinging pendulum; the only light source given to them. Like an Angler fish in the deep dark sea, this lantern was there to draw them in; to lure them into the trap of the room. It was the key to the whole trick and Kiyoshi was not foolish enough to find himself willingly stepping into its trap.

His eyes would only open upon the sound of torches lighting up; not when the voice first made itself known. Standing in front of all of them was man hidden behind a Hannya mask, Kaito Chosokabe; the commander of the Anbu and the one who most likely hand picked the twelve gathered here today. Almost immediately, Kiyoshi would tense up; eyes now fixed upon the commander as he listened attentively to the induction speech; all the while listening as well for what the other 11 may have said or done during this moment. He would only move to catch the items given to him; his uniform having a distinct red to it marking his inclusion as a member of the team lead by Kasane Uzumaki. 'An Uzumaki...' thought Kiyoshi to himself, briefly noting their clans affinity for sealing techniques; something that Kiyoshi had some knowledge in as well.

Tearing his thoughts away from the possibilities that arose from being assigned to an Uzumaki Jonin, Kiyoshi would turn around to see the others and their assigned teams; taking note of the two others with red robes, before he would fix his gaze down at the mask handed to him; flipping it around in his hands so that he was now looking at its interior. This was it, his new life as a shadow was about to begin. The mask itself was his new anonymity to the world outside; a cover that would hide his status as a mere refugee and instead welcome him as an equal among those gathered here today. A deep breath would soon escape his mouth as he placed the mask upon his face; the 'new face' he wore fitting him to perfection as if someone had gone through the trouble of getting his facial measurements spot on. Testing it further, Kiyoshi would quickly notice the mask's ability to open and close its mouth; an important feature considering the nature of his techniques... someone had really gone through the trouble of making this mask his own.

He'd soon be given his bingo book; Kiyoshi now fully cloaked and masked up would give the booklet a quick rifle through. There were a few names he recognized; many of which he had merely heard of through hear say from some of the other established shinobi. His attention however would be drawn towards the faint glimmer of red upon one of the last pages. the page itself standing out more so than others as if it had been intentionally put there to draw attention. Curiosity piqued, Kiyoshi would turn to the page; eyes widening as Kasane Uzumaki information was given.

Noticing this information and already aware of what their first mission was, Kiyoshi would silently approach the other two given Red robes; his hand holding the bingo book open as he sauntered over to where they stood. "This is our target" he merely stated, holding her page open to them. "Any ideas?"

Kiyoshi had skipped the introductions intentionally, assuming that such formalities would occur once they managed to track down the red haired jounin tasked with watching over them.

• fcdd16a297ec616e5bdb994fcde15b5ae77e4e99.png

Interacting With:
    Rokuro ( IG42 IG42 ), Emi ( Hanarei Hanarei )
    Mentions:
    Eiichi ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )
    ~ Anbu Room 1 ~
    ~ Squad Kazuo ~

Rotten to the Core || Kanon's CS File

She had a killer headache. Then again it was her own fault. She supposed she should have known better than to try to sneak peaks when she was being led blindfolded to base. Instead, for her trouble she got a genjutsu to the brain and woke up in a room with little light at all. Well at least that meant she could wake up in relative peace.

Somehow she doubted that was their intention however.

She watched the flickering flame sway with the lanterns' movements. In a flicker of the light she saw the Hannya masked male and jumped out of her resting position. But just as soon as she saw him he was gone. Woah, scare tactics day one huh? Her jonin sensei hadn’t been one for them but she always thought a good scare was natural.

A clap from the unseen man seemed to coordinate the torches letting them better see the entirety of the room. Impressive showmanship here…. And was that Eiichi??? She shot him a raised eyebrow before stuffing it on her mental shelf for later as she heard the man continue to talk. Once the robes and masks started to get flung at them she snatched them out of the air with ease and a flick of her wrist.

Green huh? Under Kazuo Senju it seemed. She took a moment to examine the mask. While she initially expected something tackily overt like a mouse she was pleasantly surprised to see a hare staring back from the painted mask. Nousagi. She liked it.

The hannya continued with more scare tactics and bullshit. While she didn’t worry too much about the information dump she did take a second to examine her mask further. She gave it a bit of a shake watching as a key dropped from a hidden slot on the inside of the mask. Now that will be useful for the future.

Even better, they got a bingo book from the masked man.

She quickly scanned through her sensei’s mark list hoping for anything she could glean to learn from the man.

Wood…? Earth… WATER!

Okay okay, there was at least that.

“Who else got green?"

….

WHY WAS SO MUCH JUST CLASSIFIED?

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IDIOT?"

She looked up at the sound of the shout and quickly found her two teammates. One of which was already yelling at the other.

"That mask is valuable for an ANBU... what are you doing breaking it like that?"

“Maybe he had to? Itsn’t ‘ike people don’t alter their things from time to time.”

She took a moment to sling the mask sideways so it covered the right side of her face and right ear. As for her robes, she slipped them on over her already present overcoat not having a bag big enough for it herself. She pulled her lower coat and part of her chest binding forwards and quickly dropped the key provided into her chest wrap.

“Emi right? I’m Kanon Ametsuchi!”

She said so proudly with a thumb to her chest as she sauntered over to the pair.

“And you redhead? Whatdya call yourself?”

Squad Kasane
Ryūji Ganbā

Mentions: Ganryu Ganryu IG42 IG42
Interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Phayne Phayne
1648957317995.png

“How did I let my life lead to this?” Ryūji contemplated to himself as he was stuck in the endlessly dark room, the sole lamp swinging in a hypnotic rhythm. He was definitely not happy to be stuck with something so troublesome, joining the Anbu was not part of the wishlist. He started to reminisce about the events that led to his unfortunate circumstance.

It was difficult being lazy, especially when your genin team was completed by two terrible ninjas who believed themselves more talented than they actually were and a Jounin sensei who didn’t expect to actually teach them. After all Ryūji basically was forced to work his ass off, something he still resented his teammates for to just barely pass the hidden exam about teamwork, it was in his best interest as reserve ninjas don’t have much upward mobility and usually are given lower paying, and higher fatality rate jobs. Ryūji refused to end up there, after all how could he enjoy all the cardinal sins of life if he was stuck disposing of bodies every day.

This continuous cycle of his teammates taking missions way above their level, their sensei not caring enough to actually stop them, and Ryūji having to bail them all out just so that he doesn’t die continued throughout their group's duration. “But at least they left me alone…” Ryūji mused to himself, since his sensei basically all but ignored him he was able to laze around, gamble and swindle people as well as perv in the Konoha hot springs. He was completely content with that life, sure he had to deal with some of the most annoying idiots he has ever met, but they were also the type of idiots to lose all their money by playing rigged games with him.

Ryūji chuckled to himself when he remembered that, but of course he should have seen what was gonna happen when the Chunin exams came around. His team, after multiple successful missions only because Ryūji always managed to find some way to not let them get everybody killed believed that they would easily pass the exam and even had some idiotic notion that they would sweep the contest. Ryūji wasn’t told that they where going to participate until it was too late, he beg and plead his sensei to not let them walk into an obvious death trap unprepared, but his sensei was hoping that the exams would either get rid of them permanently or at least make them all lose their confidence of ever becoming true ninjas and therefore refused.

Realizing he had no other choice but to participate he planned on dropping out of the first exam without trying. But plans change when a masked figure appeared behind him and whispered to him to actually fucking try or else he would end up much worse then just failing. Not knowing who the person was and not wanting to try to figure out Ryūji decided it was better to do as the figure commanded and try to pass. Hell maybe he didn’t even need to pass with his team… “If any one of your teammates fail this part of the exam, you will all fail as a team.” well fuck, guess he had to once again figure out a way to carry his team. The fact that the first test was about the ability to cheat was easy to discern, though those two probably had no clue, after all being a ninja is all about cheating or better yet gathering information. Using a few tricks involving seals and his two chakra coins being planted on his teammates Ryūji managed to not only gather the information but also get his teammate to write the right answers for the questions without getting any of them eliminated.

When the instructor told the examinees that all the questions didn’t matter Ryūji broke, he didn’t even listen to the rest of what he had to say, after all he had to do all that troublesome work for what? To be told that it didn’t fucking matter that’s what, “Why couldn’t it have been a fucking game? Then at least I could have fun while doing that… ugh so troublesome that exam” he muttered to himself, time had seemingly gone forever in the room, the lamp still swung at it’s melodic pace and the seals on the floor were too big and troublesome to try to decipher though it would have been a good time waster.

“But that fucking heaven-earth scroll part of the exam” Ryūji decided when they finished the 1st part of the exam that he will at least make the individual portion. After all then at least he could just quit without having to risk his life, but first they had to find and steal an earth scroll from another team in that forest. So troublesome, especially with his two teammates seemingly out to search for battle, if it was two competent or at least sensible people they would have known to set up traps and waited. But the two headed out without Ryūji while he decided to set up a series of traps around him and wait for some unfortunate team to fall for the bait that was himself, after all he held their scroll. But who would have known that his teammates would be the two idiots to set off the bomb tag traps, and what’s even worse was that he was still setting everything up causing him to get caught up in a large blast.

Ryūji grabbed his head with his two hands at the thought and placed his head on the table in front of him. “Ugh that was not lucky at all, even worse is that it probably looked super uncool in front of the ladies if they were watching…” he muttered to himself. It didn’t help at all that when he woke up in the hospital, he found out that his two teammates had been blown up to their next life and he had woken up with the masked man and a partner right next to him. The man briefly explained that Ryūji was to be relocated under the Anbu and that no this wasn’t a choice, stop trying to beg.

Not wanting to piss off a man who could easily kill him and make sure no one ever knows, Ryūji quickly agreed to join the Anbu without any resistance and… well now he is here. He took a deep breath and sighed, it had seemingly been forever since he had been led here, of course he had no clue where here is but at least he can assume that at least this is related to the Anbu. As soon as he came to that thought a man subsequently appeared and disappeared, yet his voice spoke, eventually the man clapped his hands and the room finally showed its proper form.

“Huh, that is a neat party trick I should learn.” Ryūji mused trying to find some kind of light within his predicament, but as the Anbu commander explained everything Ryūji got more and more depressed. “Not even the pay is guarenteed until I find a fucking dropbox, there are thousands of them in Konoha! How could this get any worse…” He muttered as he caught the mask and cloth, his face still showed his signature cheeky smirk but inside he was devastated. “Why do they all have to make things so work intensive, that’s not really fun you know!” he yelled internally as the group was told to find their missing squad leaders. There was no way that they would find them in a timely manner without some experience or ability with sensory ninjutsu… which Ryūji had none of. “Ugh I don’t want to walk around this complex, who knows how long it would take to find them!” he ranted to himself in his mind before taking the bingo book with his signature “Scumbag smile technique” in a sort of small smirk plastered on his face.

He studied the cloth he received, on it was a red marker “So Kasane Uzumaki huh, well at least that’s interesting, maybe she is willing to share some clan fuinjutsu techniques. Eh, probably not, after all I am a Ganbā so there might be some resentment due to that troublesome past.”

Ryūji had learned about the old rivalry between the two clans though many forgot about it since it was during the time the Ganbā where still in Yugakure and Uzushiogakure still existed, both claimed to be superior in fuinjutsu techniques and would constantly come to conflict due to it. However the Ganbā slowly became less interested in that and started to focus more on their gambling rings and casinos across the Land of Hot Springs and the rivalry was slowly forgotten, though both sides still claim the title in one way or another. “Why couldn’t those old men just agree that the Uzumakis are better, after all they could summon the literal god of death.” he pondered to himself before standing up from his spot and rubbing his head lazely with his right hand as a boy with red hair already wearing his mask approached him and another guy who he didn’t noticed next to him.

Looking at the page showing their supposed squad leader within the bingo book Ryūji looked at the two before offering up some plans. After all with how many times he had to think of things on the spot with his old group it will be nice to finally have some help with brainstorming ideas, with a lazy sigh he playfully spoke “~Weeeeelll~ It wouldn’t be too hopeful if any of you where to be experienced in sensory jutsu in any capacity no? Well we could also just wait here, it is nice and relaxing and honestly our squad leader’s patience will probably run out before my boredom becomes unbearable. There is also the lack of information, maybe kidnapping an non-Anbu worker here to get a layout of the building would be useful. But there is also a lack of knowledge about each other’s abilities, I don’t think we need to know everything right now, and I’m too lazy to remember since it would be bothersome. But the important, quick notes version would be helpful.” Ryūji gave his signature half smile and casually started lowering himself to sit against the wall, using his mask to cover his eyes.

Last edited:
Squad Kazuo
Realising the shouting was directed at him Rokuro looked up at the girl who had taken exception to his modification and tilted his head like a confused puppy, pushing the bat-themed mask up onto the top of his head he bared his teeth and pointed to them. "I need the space for these, can't bite from behind the silly normal mask!" At least the other girl seemed to get it. "Right? Gotta change it up sometimes."

Rubbing the last dregs of his nap from his eyes he grinned at the two girls as they introduced themselves. "Nice to meet ya! I'm Rokuro, Rokuro Sekiyama!" Finally getting to his feet he gave them a short wave. Going by first impressions Emi seemed a bit grumpy and Rokuro hoped she'd lighten up a little, Kanon seemed nicer already though. "So where should we start looking for our new boss?" Hopping impatiently from one foot to another he took his best shot at dramatically sweeping his cloak on but ended up with the hood covering half his face.

Hanarei Hanarei BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Eiichi | ANBU HQ

There was something Eiichi had long since noticed about the Leaf Village ever since he and his relatives had moved here under the invitation of his Uncle Asashi and father's younger sister to join his aunt and others among the Nara clan on their arrival. And that was social networks tended to allow for word to spread like fires on a dry open field of yummy, combustible material, on a hot blistering summer's day. Slip up at the Academy and word got around because kids had loose lips and were likely to talk about what they had seen or what they had experienced with their friends and family. He'd had years of experience under his belt of being sour batch of a sweet collection when roaming to certain areas of Konoha with his own friends.

Today was no different it seemed. Even if it had been days passed. Even as he walked through the open streets, he noticed the mood change as he had walked by a crowd of Genin, one whom he knew- Arata elbowing his friend before they went silent as they passed, flashing strained smiles and hasty hellos before they ran off. He noticed the occasional look shot his way- subtle frown and then the turn away.

Not surprised things turned out this way. Hell, could've been worse if she'd happened to be related to one of the bigger clans in the village. Guess I should be grateful hers was a small fry.

Though all the hushed whispers and subtle looks of disapproval couldn't make him care any more than he already didn't. There was nothing anyone had said in the last few days, no amount of yelling her family had thrown his way, that could make him care about someone who, even if they never had gotten along, would so willingly poison one of their own teammates.

What had shocked him more than just having been sabotaged, was that she did it- and she didn't seem to hold a shred of remorse for doing it to him. They may have never gotten along, but he would have never thought in a hundred years, that someone he worked with, practically grew alongside with despite the bickering- would potentially do something so vile.

Two weeks plus ever since Chunin exams, roughly a week since the incident. Three days since his trial. Today, was the big day.

Ever since he attacked Baozhai Arakaki, a member of Clan Araraki- word had spread like fire across the village. Or rather, Araraki herself- and the friends she had that had never liked him in general, had helped fan the flames of lies about why he had confronted and then attacked her. The lies ranged from him being jealous he had been dumb enough to fall asleep on an important day like the Third Trial- to him being mentally unfit to continue as a Ninja to go so far as to attack and try to kill one of his own comrades.

And while he'd never thought of killing Baozhai for what she'd done, even though she bloody well deserved a beat down that could put her close- he only intended to scare the shit out of her so she'd never cross paths with him again or catch her talking crap about him again.

In all honesty he would have followed Tadaka's advice, stayed low, stayed out of sight- let them handle this. Yet hearing from his own friends that word was spreading from her own mouth that he had messed up his own chances, spreading lies that weren't true, socially assassinating him even more than she normally had in the Academy- it set something off.

Something about hearing her trash him, when it was her fault- and she knew it- that he hadn't even had a chance at seeing if he would fail or pass, sent him over the edge. Spent years training for this, and he wasn't ready- even though it'd been his skill and support that had helped them pull one over some of the teams in the Forest of Death.

Perhaps he had made a mistake going after her the way he did, but what else did you deserve but a fist to the face and a verbal lashing for basically intentionally and deliberate screwing someone else's life up just because you were a selfish, petty, vile bitch? He didn't even care that when he went to get some ramen, the store clerk that he used to be so friendly with, wouldn't even look him in the eye for long. Felt nervous even being nearby him.

That was the price for revenge, and he found he didn't care.

Word had spread, and like usual- people that listened to it, people that generally didn't know him or hardly knew him well enough-- people that didn't try to fact check- listened. And that led to all of this. Not that he was complaining now. He had things set up already for him.

No amount of influence the Araraki could try to pull would ever get him punished on a serious note or manner. The Araraki clan were a minor clan, renown specialists in poison and medical ninjutsu. Since the clan had joined the village several decades ago many of their members had been part of the Medical Nin corps, and many had played a role saving a number of lives on the field. It had been a mistake to use that as some kind of bargaining chip in his trial held under the supervision of several jonin, including his own. It had been even more of a mistake that Baozhai's mother had insulted him, right in the presence of his uncle when they knew the truth of the matter.

Once he had made that attempt to attack her and her friends had gotten involved to stop him, it became an all out fight when his own friends had been drawn to the commotion and stepped in. While they kept her possie off him, he focused his attention on Baozhai. From fists, to jutsu, to weapons. Baozhai had always been a pompous, manipulative brat who took shit out on people when she didn't like because of the family wealth her clan had accumulated. Even as he made his way back to the Nara's hub, where today would be his last time as a normal person there- he felt a seething sense of fury at how cruel a hand he had been played. She'd been one of the first people when he joined the Academy to joking label him a 'Mud Foreigner', a derogatory joke about the Land of Rain always leaving the ground wet and muddy, bound to muddy the waters of progress for everyone else just because he often opposed her on her open bitchiness and petty nature without remorse.

The fight had lasted minutes and only ended when their sensei- Souta Higuchi, the Sloth, had stepped in after being called by their other teammate, Akifumi, to intervene. For the last few days before his court session since that altercation, he had been confined by police to house arrest. Uncle Asashi had been furious when he'd found out- and how couldn't he, when Eiichi had practically been walked back to Nara territory under the eye of every civilian that had seen him with the guidance of Leaf police force escort. Everything had been easy to smooth over though, once he had pointed out the truth and his cousins, all of them, vouched for him. Not just his cousins but Chao, his friend, a Nara- had also vouched for him since he had been the one to find his unconscious form the day he had been declared to forfeit due to a 'no show'. So the clear response was to handle everything in court once Asashi had been convinced.

And what a trial that had been.

For years, since coming to the Leaf, the Kishi had been dealing with tension from constant social clashes with some of their members and members of a few other clans within the village. It was bound for something like this to happen eventually, if only it hadn't happened this way. Eiichi could still recall how furious his uncle had been, how mad he had been that she wouldn't even be getting punished. Even when they systematically presented the list of possible drugs that could be used to knock out a person- and take effective to leave them incapacitated for almost a full forty minutes. Witness testimony may have supported his claims given he'd needed help leaving the booth his friends and a waiter had found him passed out in- but the issue was, there was no physical evidence available to lay blame to Baozhai- so instead, full attention had been turned to what he had done, while what she had done would be further investigated and a decision made at a later date.

He had been pissed but luckily, the Araraki family members had been made to leave the court- and the revelation had been made to him, there would be no punishment in literal form, but image had to be maintained.

Eiichi sighed as he entered through the Nara entry gates. He made it all the way past three minor homes, then stopped when he turned a corner just to see the masked kitsune figure standing there before him.

"...It's time isn't it?"

There was no response.

Eiichi merely nodded. Is that what my life will be like? Some creepy menacing statue with a mask?

He mentally sighed. What would his parents say if they could see him now? They left Rain to get out of all the political shady shit- not for him to get back into it.

He was given a moment to get ready, not that he needed to do much since he'd already been dressed since he knew they would show up at any time. It was better to show up now than when most would be back in the compound, where too many eyes would see his departure.

Strapping his katana to his back, donning his gear, he breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. Turned to look over his shoulder at the family home he'd shared with his uncle and cousins, been visited by other Kishi that lived here, and now was being left for this new life. Come tomorrow he wouldn't be himself anymore- it was...strange to think how different everything would be after this. People he had been close to, confided in, he'd have to keep secrets from from now on.

With a shrug, it was accepted.

There was no way in hell he was about to let Baozhai win. Even if he couldn't progress as a Chunin- he could do something more.

And then turned to look back at his guide-- three guides. "I'm--" he coughed as a cloud of dust struck him in the face, and before he knew it, before he could even swear- he was woozy, dizzy, and hurtling towards the ground--

--threw a fist, waking up on the floor.

Blinking, the haze out of his eyes, he couldn't help but say: "I hate surprises."

And what a surprise there was. Either that drug they had used to knock him out was still in effect or this was a genjutsu. The swinging light and the swishing room, he shut his eyes- decided to focus. Use his senses. Trying to detect what or who was around him. It took some time, a couple seconds, but he could see them. Chakra signatures, different people- one or two that were vaguely familiar by feeling, but not certain who they were for sure. With his eyes closed, Eiichi didn't notice Kanon, nor anyone else even though he knew they were around.

It was only when he heard the flicker of flames, the ignition of torches that he turned his full attention to the voice of the Anbu commander in front of them. And to be honest, Kaito's personality was not entirely what he had expected of the ANBU. In general, he hadn't really known what he had expected- every rumor he ever heard about the ANBU was from some version of a scary story he'd heard as a kid upon moving here. They were the kind of scary stories some of the same punks he had known in the Academy has used on him for being careful to never step out of line or they'd send the ANBU after him like the Uchiha police on criminals.

Either way, it hardly mattered now. He was in- and as he snatched his robe and tengu mask as it was tossed, he was given evidence of it by the attire. Already putting it on as details were wrapped up, the blonde looked around specifically for those that had the same color as him. He noticed two of them immediately. One with long bangs that covered the eyes, the other- vaguely familiar.

His mask in hand, Eiichi moved towards them both immediately, but halfway there- stopped when he heard Kanon's voice as she talked to her new peers.

His jaw formed a minor 'o', and for a brief moment- he was about to call her out- Kiyoshi however, drew his attention away from her, her, here of all people-- and to the task at hand.

Skimming through the book they received, he landed on the page the other two had or were looking at, and skimmed Kasane's details. While he read, the aquamarine haired one spoke. His last line about notes being good to help start things off did give him the perfect segway.

"Here's a note, what are your names? I'm all for hunting down our leader here, but I'd rather not start this new squad not even knowing the names of the people I'm supposed to be working with." He said with no hint of impatience in his tone at even having to spell that out. "I'm Eiichi- and since you brought up sensory technique- I can do that too, I'm pretty good at it." because he wasn't about to brag, he was good- wasn't the best compared to his other cousins that had focused in on it more while he'd leaned more towards honing his Taijutsu better along with his ninjutsu.

Certainly not when Kanon was in earshot or might turn, see him, and gain superhuman hearing just to be nosy and inquisitive.

"If I can pick up on her chakra in general I should be able to detect her, we'd need to move around though- my range isn't about to cover this whole building, its more a range of 30ft or so."

Mentions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Ganryu Ganryu IG42 IG42

Interactions: Phayne Phayne SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Last edited:

f910d98b6a2774cd2ac847318f1f3f0b.png

~Squad Kasane~
Mentions: Kaito Ganryu Ganryu // Kasane IG42 IG42 // Eiichi The Regal Rper The Regal Rper // Ryuji SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Behind the mask he wore, Kiyoshi's eyes would glance between his two new proposed partners he had been assigned; studying the pair of them as best he could in an attempt to gauge what their mannerisms and characteristics were. Before teamwork could even swindle its way into the conversation, Kiyoshi would first need to know whether or not this team was even compatible to begin with. If there was no then the teamwork aspect would always run the risk of failing. As was the case with his former team.

Judged and ostracized behind the false smiles of acceptance, Kiyoshi had been made the fool to believe that his team mates had seen him as an equal, to believe that they would have had his back just like he had had theirs. Sure, they had managed to work together in unison... to achieve the merit that warranted their inclusion into the chuunin exam... yet that lack of 'true' compatibility would eventually rear its ugly head once push came to shove. Their teamwork was always doomed to fail the moment an opportunity arose to pin ones failure upon another and who would prove to be the perfect scapegoat for such a role? No one other than the outcast.

Eyes would shift towards the blue haired genin as he begun to speak, a somewhat jovial tone seasoning his comments as he proposed the idea of sensory Jutsu, followed by a far more anti-climactic 'wait and see' approach; the latter of which seemed more 'hopeful' rather than serious. Kiyoshi would shift his glance towards Eiichi to see his reaction, only to return it back upon Ryuji as he continued voicing his thoughts. Truly the new Anbu recruits had been left with little instruction on how best to proceed; kicked out of the nest and told to 'figure' it out in whatever way possible. Kidnapping was definitely an option, one that certainly aligned with what the ANBU were rumoured to be capable of, though would it have been an effective option here? Surely these 'civilians' weren't your ordinary type... surely they wouldn't grass out the locations of those that were meant to be hidden from the newest Anbu members.

The red haired individual would remain silent, now focusing his attention towards Eiichi as he segweyed his way into the conversation; the first to introduce himself among the trio as well as professing his skill in Sensory techniques; a skill that would certainly come in handy.

"Kiyoshi" replied Kiyoshi as he nodded his head towards the duo. "I too have the ability to gauge our surroundings without needing to physically see them" he exclaimed. "I utilise sound in a manner similar to a bats echolocation. So long as my sound can bounce off objects, I can gauge my surroundings" he added. However before he would turn to face Ryuji in expectance of the blue haired mans introduction, Kiyoshi instead stepped forward; grabbing Eiichi with one hand to drag him closer towards where Ryuji was now slumped against the wall.

With his free hand, quickly forming hand signs; Ryuji would lean in closely and without any sign or hesitation begin to alter his voice.

"I can also do this"

Without so much as skipping a beat, the tone and manner in which Kiyoshi had earlier spoken had suddenly changed; imitating that of Kaito whose voice he had just moments ago had the pleasure of listening in to.
"Perhaps... if we are lucky enough; Kasane Sensei might make herself known should the commander openly call for her" suggested the masked red head.

Last edited:
Ton Yamada

Team Miyo
96526bc88db0684d4d2d397989f352c7.jpg

It was always troublesome and needless... Just like the stupid first "Lesson" his ex-sensei gave them, this was but yet another stupid trick to get them to think this was some top of the line group... A show of bullshit before it all came crashing down and the illusion is ruined and they would see who they were in truth.. a bunch of lazy bastard adults who do nothing but play pretend in the shadows hard enough that the stupidity of it wraps around back to being possibly serious.

So now he for certain just sat there staring at a lantern for a full hours waiting for likely some dumbass who forgot this was happening to get back and actually do his god damn job.

He had small, small amounts of hope that the people in ANBU would be at least abit better than everyone else.

He has yet to find it be so.

oh, great, a person, finally here...

... Huh...

Uh huh....

Okay...

All of that...

"That could have been just left on a gods damned note."

He spoke outloud in a tone that could only be so much as called "I hate this and I hate you why did you waste my time with this bullshit?" that most people who are dragged into a meeting that could have been an email have to deal with. will thoroughly broken, the young man trudged up to the box of crap given out to them and plucked out his own stuff.. Hidden key, whoopiee, how lovely... Wheres the fucking thing...

... Right under the right eye, fox mask aswell. He had, for a moment, hoped that the masks had a form of meaning. That portion.. Well.. he would see he suppoused. The small key compartment had to be pressed before the end to grab and pull would pop out, how neat... The masks.. Are probably the only thing that had actual thought in this fucking place. "Well.. I guess the mask is okay... Hmm?" Ah, someone was approaching him.. With... Similar colored clothing.

In the moment he took in the young woman's appearance....

And...

"...Okay.." Ton replied to the girl, turning away for a second to start putting on the armor, he rummaged with it for a second before looking back at her again. "..I am Ton Yama... Ton from henceforth is what you will call me. No one will care if it's my name, or will anybody who matters believe it's my name in the slightest." he could list off in the current block how many Tons there are, last he counted was 9.

"...Put on the armor, we should appear before our jonin ready and willing... Perhaps abit moreso then they will be, considering the fool's words we had to listen too not to long ago.."

Noam Noam KageYuuki KageYuuki

Squad Kasane
Ryūji Ganbā
Interactions:
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Phayne Phayne
1649015625621.png
Ryūji looked up at the two and listened to their input. “Finally some guys with actual fucking ideas and skills.” he thought to himself as the two introduced themselves. Ryūji smiled “Well then I’m Ryūji, Ryūji Ganbā, pleasure to meet the both of you.” His facial expression might have been that of a lazy playboy smirk but inside he was ecstatic “LETS GOOOOO! Oh thank god the chance of us actually finding our sensei just went up dramatically ~Luuccckyy~” he thought to himself as he observed his two new comrades.

Ryūji stood up, pulled down his mask and sighed once more “Well, unfortunately I am a theoretical dead zone for sensory jutsu, but the two of you should be more than enough for us to blaze through this facility. I’d say we better get a move on before the rest of the groups head out. I’d rather not have you guys trying to differentiate at least 13 different chakras at the same time, too much of a hassle to keep track of. I recommend that we walk with Kiyoshi in the front, using his specific skill to help us navigate the area and get a solid surroundings. Eiichi-chan, with you being in the middle of our formation, using your sensory jutsu to search each room for any sign of large pools of chakra, and I’ll be in the rearguard. So how about it? I'm open to criticism and better ideas.”

He took out one of his chakra coins from his pocket and started rolling it on his knuckles before muttering “~Today might be my lucky day after all~” his face still plastered with that lazy, signiture Ganbā smile he was so known for.

Squad Kazuo

Emiko Senju

BRLjpnX.jpg

Emiko had turned her head hearing a voice speak up, her eyes catching sight of the green of the robe. Clearly it had been her other teammate. She looked at her, her expression at that point having already softened a bit though it didn't quite hard a bit of disdain for the fact she seemed to be enabling him though her eyes had shifted away rather quickly attempting to keep her cool. Her eyes fixating back towards Rokouro hearing him respond back using the new girls words as some sort of validation for what he had done.

Deep breaths... no reason to allow yourself to get mad. She means well and he... well deep breaths keep cool...

She had managed to keep her smile after the deep breath relaxing herself a bit more. She let out a soft sigh glancing over to see the girl finish putting on her robe making it quite clear she had heard her give her name introducing herself. Emiko looked on giving a light nod in response glancing down at her own robe realizing she hadn't put it on yet. She carefully placed down the mask opening up the robe seeming quite keen on not causing it the wrinkle taking care of not tarnishing the uniform quite yet. She cared about looking at least someone presentable, even if her style of combat might strangely seem to contradict it.

"It's nice to meet you Kanon... Rokuro..." She spoke giving a brief pause to give a glance both their ways, though perhaps having a very slight little 'sting' in her voice pronouncing Rokuro's name. She had calmed down but it didn't mean at least a little bit of her bitterness couldn't shine through though perhaps a bit unfairly. Truth be told as careless as she viewed him breaking the new mask he had just been given, it was far from the most 'disturbing' thing she had seen or heard that day. They hadn't yet met their squad leader... the thing she was dreading the most.

Emiko slipped on her robe making sure it looked all in order. Her hand taking hold of the mask lifting it up as she placed it over her face. It felt rather strange wearing a mask though truth be told she was quite happy to have one at this point. It made her feel as if she could at the very least hide away who she was when she would have to come face to face with her uncle. While she would say her dad would of been the most embarrassing person to have as her squad leader, her uncle was a pretty damn close second. Slipping the key safely in a hidden pocket she glanced over the other two through her mask giving a light nod of encouragement.

"Yes... let's go look for our supposed new 'boss'."
She spoke seeming to hint a little at her unease muttering the word 'boss' as she began to move forward as if she knew where she was going. She had no clue at all where they had to go. The only thing she had as a lead would be knowing exactly who it was without needing the bingo book. Even more to her benefit she had a pretty good idea of his personality which in her mind made it much more embarrassing for herself.

An Hour and Some Time Beyond Later...

The long walk through the ANBU headquarters had been a journey for sure, one full of... many things perhaps left best unseen. None the less for Emiko the anticipation of what was to come lingered half wanting every door they cracked open to not be it to spare her from what was to come, though she knew it was inevitable she could not escape such a fate. She had been a bit more hesitant to peek into the rooms herself the group sticking together scoping it out. The dread only building as they went. Emiko elected to move to one of the doors as she cracked it open peeking inside. A man sitting there with a face she quickly recognized in what appeared to be some training room. Her eyes shifting down to... a picnic basket of sorts? There seemed to be swinging axes and other contraptions inside though it all seemed more like decoration then any sort of threat to her compared to that man.

She closed the door resting against it. The girl deafly silent as the mask did a good job hiding the embarrassing glow on her face as she finally confirmed what she had hoped she had somehow misheard and it had been incorrectly marked down in the bingo book. She hesitated a bit waiting a little glancing to her teammates before feeling she couldn't buy herself anymore time delaying what she knew was about to happen.

"I... uh... I... found the guy...." She spoke sounding a bit more flustered then she had before. The girl lifting her hand as if to clear her throat trying to build up her poise once more. She glanced over at the two through her mask as she nodded steadying herself once more.

"Through here." She spoke as she cracked open the door stepping to the side electing to allow her teammates through first so she might be able to follow them inside. A rather pointless attempt at dealing with the inevitable though she would take any little time she could have left before she would have to directly confront her uncle, adjusting her mask attempting to hide herself away as best as she could.

IG42 IG42 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Orikanyo Orikanyo

Squad Miyu

Oh. So her new teammate was an asshole.

“If you’re trying to look willing to be here, maybe don’t call our new boss a fool?” Yumi rolled her eyes. She had been about to put on her new armor over her clothes, but there was no way she was giving fake-name-Ton the satisfaction of ordering her around. “He’s probably still listening to us, y’know.”

She shoved the armor and clothes into her backpack, except for her mask. That she kept in one hand. “Come on. Let’s go find our new sensei.”

—-
Way too long later
—-

The ANBU forge was big, sweltering, and full of killing intent. Yumi almost didn’t want to go in, but if she didn’t, their new sensei might kill one of the blacksmiths, and letting that happen probably wasn’t a good idea.

None of the smiths would look at the new ANBU when they walked in. “Um. Hello? Ogumo-san? Er, Ogumo…sensei?” She glanced up at the rafters, trying to pinpoint the source of the killing intent.

Ganryu Ganryu KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo

As Yumi mentioned the commander still listening, neither her nor Ton would see him visible. In a flash, he seemed to just disappear.

Next to both of them, they would see Ren coaxing a spider up her sleeves, gently patting and coo'ing to it. However... as she spoke, creepily, it was in a deep baritone.

"But there are so many things that a note doesn't explain. Things like your mannerisms. Your abilities. Your charisma." The spider puffed away to reveal eight pens held together by wire, collapsing to the ground with 8 seperate 'clicks' as it fell apart. "Who said that anything in that speech was what I wanted to say. Or hear. A ninja sees through deception. And ANBU deceive ninja..." The visage of Ren looked up, slowly starting to stretch the skin, growing larger as the robes shuffled, white flakes blowing a way to black robes.

"Now, Miss Arabori, try not to be too harsh on your companion here. It is his first day, after all. Hopefully not his last. I'm merely the messenger, the person actually in charge of you lot tends to be a lot more... aggressive...? " He trailed off. As he did so, the face tore in half as the Hannya mask reappeared, the skin of the torn face flaking away to the wind. The man brushed it off like dandruff with his hands as he stood back up to his full height. He then pulled a veil of what seemed to be air, Ren behind it.

"Now, run along. Seeing as you prefer things in note format, this is me wanting you to explore ANBU headquarters. I would think your skills in particular, Mr Yamada, would appreciate things appearing as anything. Happy hunting. There are different areas, all useful for our operations. I believe seeing is better than a simple note."

------------------------------------------

The group would feel the forge before they were able to see it, heat sweltering in the underground tunnels as it blistered in the hallways. The rush of air as it blew into vents, creating a wind throughout the corridor. A smell of iron, and a clanging of steel. Ren's spiders would particularly dislike the sheer heat, but between them, and a few simple asks, confirmation that their leader was inside. That, and the incredible killing intent Yumi had felt.

Miyu could be seen slumped against the wall, eyes wide open as she clenched her head. Shallow breaths and puffs of smoke came from her mouth, a shuddering as her head rocked back and forth. She didn't seem to even address the lot, her silver hair bobbing back and forth, red eyes staring out. A heavy pressure came from the woman.

However, a moment later, she snapped out of, spitting out the cig, and standing up, stepping on it. A snarl came to her face, suggesting any comments on what they'd just saw would likely be met with violence. She eyed the bingo book in with Ton, and held her hand out. Small threads shot out to claim it, pulling it back for Miyu to shuffle through it.

"What the fuck...? Why the hell am I in it? Sick bastard. Tch. Well, congrats, you found me. Something tells me you ain't bringing me in though."

As glanced up from the book, and the pressure from earlier increased. For a split second, each one of them would see her toss up the book in the air, and slash at them with a wire filled hand, leaving bloodstains on the wall, before the illusion faded.

Killing Intent

She looked back down, and continued thumbing through the book, clanging and forge work continued in the distance. Kunais fell out of presses, and sizzling could be heard as they were heat treated in water. Several large blades could be seen amidst dozens of regular tantos that ANBU favored. Custom orders hung from the ceiling.

"This is the forge by the way. Need a specialty item, can put it here, but best if you have a design in mind. I know one of you here's an archer, they can help with arrows here, or you can work anywhere you like in it." She thumbed a page and laughed. "Ha! Suck it Kaito, not up to date, I know this son of a bitch was killed last week."

A worker called out in the back. "Faked his death, still out there."

Miyu gave a draconic like roar, and shoved the book back to Ton, a bookmark on a different page... a page reading "Shikahide Nara."

"SON OF A- Bah. I hate Kaito some days. I got a mission about an hour ago about a Nara that went rogue. Which means you all have a mission as of about an hour ago. Find him in those pages. I'm done playing Kaito's games... let's get some actual work done. Bah, back when I started, entire meeting was handled by a memo..." She motioned for the three, growling, and pulling out another smoke.

"I shouldn't have stepped on the last one. Walk and talk. I know who you guys are. They had me scouting in the survival portion. Don't know if you know each other's skills though. Go on, make it a suave first date.

I'm Miyu Ogumo, from same Clan as Ren there. Spooky spider clan. 'cept I throw down 'stead of throw bugs. There are two types of stealth missions, ones where nobody sees you, and ones where nobodies left to see you. I specialize in the second."

Last edited:
Hisa Hyuga
Team Taisei

Looking down at her new mask, Hisa knew it was too late to try and go back to her old squad. She felt as if she had just been thrust into a world far more serious and dangerous than ever before. However, Mr. Chosukabe’s voice managed to lighten the impact of it all. She found it odd that he encouraged bad behavior. It wasn’t like she wasn’t going to snoop around before, but it was good to know it was encouraged. Regardless, Hisa still mourned her old life. She loved her old team, even if they weren’t the brightest bunch. Now they’d wonder what had happened to her, or if she’d quit and abandoned them. Would they feel betrayed?

Hisa removed her glasses and brought her mask up to her face. Just before her eyes began to well up. Hisa examined her uniform, finding the gold portion of it. That meant Taisei Hyuga would be her sensei. A sense of dread fell over her for a moment. She had come here to get away from the hyuga, now she’d be learning from another one. She brought her hands to her temples and groaned. Hopefully he wasn’t as bad as the rest of them.

Next, Hisa began flipping through her bingo book. She didn’t want to psyche herself out, but she wanted to know what would be expected of her in this organization. She still felt like a genin, not an assassin. Hisa frowned when she reached the end of the book. Her new sensei was there.

Hisa rose to her feet and turned her gaze to Kaito. Gazing at him for several seconds. She was tempted to ask him why her sensei was in her book, but she decided against it. She didn’t want to be singled out yet.

She looked around at the rest of the recruits. They seemed to be organizing and getting to know each other fairly well. It was about time she got to work on that too. Hisa crossed her arms and cleared her throat with a gentle cough.

“Those of you on Taisei’s squad should follow me,” Hisa declared to the group, forgetting her mask was still hiding her face.

Hisa rose her hand into the air and waved to help garner her teammates’ attention. However, she didn’t wait long before focusing her attention onto the next step. She turned away from the group momentarily, and the veins around Hisa’s eyes began to bulge. With her byakugan activated, she focused on the more distant figured in headquarters. There were more than she expected… but there were also some spots that seemed oddly empty. Hisa assumed they had methods of hiding things from people like her. Whatever the case, her new sensei wasn’t hidden at all. Once her new team was gathered, they could head over right away.

Noam Noam Merciless Medic Merciless Medic AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Eiichi | ANBU HQ |

Did he just?

"...Do that again." He whispered through narrowed eyes.

Kiyoshi did.

"I must still be under the effects of that drug- did you just actually pull off his voice?" That was perfect. "That was a exact replica!" He was blown away. A type of Jutsu that utulized sound, it must be a Kekkei Genkai. It had to, he'd never heard of this technique before except from only one place-- the Land of Sound. A neighbor to the Land of Fire and a country with its own shinobi base of operations, albeit majorly smaller in comparison to the rest of the Hidden Villages around it. That was insane. And the actual excitement coming off of lazy smirk over there was actually starting to lift his initially annoyed mood at them both.

Hearing Ryuji's plan, Eiichi found little argument for it. Kiyoshi's idea rang sound as well. If Kiyoshi could utilize echolocation to target the areas they would pass it would limit them walking around blindly- not only that his ability to detect chakras could let him detect a reaction to Kasane's chakra flow in general if she became aware that 'Kaito' was looking for her. Splitting up would do nothing but make this whole exercise pointless- and if this place was truly vast it would only make the job harder.

He grinned. A fiendish little smile. "I have a feeling we'll be one of the first groups to find our squad leader. Let's get going! Kiyoshi- lead the way!"

44 Minutes Later​

This had taken longer than he'd thought.

He'd expected the work load to be cut down in half- but the fact it was taking them this long to find one person was proving to be mildly annoying. Room after room, area after area- had turned out empty or occupied by other- senior ANBU Agents who had barely given them anything more than a cursory glance before going back to whatever it was they were doing Patience was a virtue though, as his uncle had always said- and they had persisted- even if the journey systematically eliminating routes had made the job more difficult than they'd initially thought.

Kiyoshi's echolocation proved vital. Not only did it give them a clear view of what was in front of them but it also eliminated the perilous search of going down halls that broke up into split routes. Utilizing his chakra sensing abilities in this task would have been proven fruitless ultimately due to the fact he'd never met Kasane Uzumaki before, and therefore was neither familiar with the feel of her chakra, nor would he have been able to detect her in general without having to visually see her in the first place. HOWEVER- the one benefit he would have- was that he would detect the raw force, the raw amount of her chakra overall would dwarf anyone else's here. With his senses heightened and his attention focused on moving through the area- Kiyoshi would either map out paths that could be taken- and every now and then call out Kasane's name in the Anbu commander's voice in some form or manner. Ryuji helping to narrow down options in the case they had to backtrack or were presented with more than one path to take in the case there was no one nearby to actually sense or detect that they could approach.

Finally, after a unknown period of time had passed, Eiichi rose a hand up for the others to stop as the reached a wide expanse that led down three separate halls. "I'm getting something." He closed his eyes. Focused. Then after only a moment, he signaled for them to move. "It's her! It's definitely her, that chakra pool is huge. Move!"

Rushing down the corridor and reaching the room with a little help from Kiyoshi's echolocation thanks to the adjacent halls- using Eiichi's tracking sense to keep locked on Kasane's chakra- within two minutes, they were at the door to the room.

Mentions: IG42 IG42

Interactions: Phayne Phayne SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Squad Kasane
Catching a yawn behind her hand Kasane dropped the file she was holding on the table and stretched, she hadn't expected her new underlings to have found her already but she had held out hope she wouldn't have to wait as long as she had, Kasane remembered her first day in ANBU had skipped most of the scavenger hunt in favour of keeping watchful eyes on her and her new seal.

Picking up on a trio of chakra signatures rushing her way Kasane took her feet down and rested her elbows on the table with her hands interlaced facing the door putting up a relaxed front, she'd taken point on a few ops before but this would be the first time she would be responsible for her own squad long term.

Hearing what seemed to be Kaito's voice calling her from outside she felt a moment of doubt and swept the area with her senses then smiled. "That's a neat trick." She said to herself.

As the door opened she spread her hands in welcome. "Good morning boys, as you should've read in your bingo books by now I'm your squad captain Kasane Uzumaki. While I am going to show you the ropes I'm not here to hold your hand like a genin team leader, you'll need to watch closely and then learn to think for yourselves if you want to make it here." Sitting back she held up the files she had on the trio. "While you gave me plenty of time to read up on you three I want to hear it in your own words, sound off and let me know what you're capable of and where you're falling short."

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Phayne Phayne SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Nariko Nakamura
Team Taisei
Nariko1.png

Location: ANBU Interrogation Room | Mood: Scrutinizing, Pumped | Interactions: Hisa Hyuga ( InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum ), Natsume Uchiha ( AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy ) | Mentions: Kaito Chosokabe, Eiichi, Rokuro, Emiko, Taisei, everyone else present in the room

Swaying, swirling confusion.

So, this was what they meant when they said they had a place for her.

Honestly, being in a dark room with strange seals on the floor she can only tell were genjutsu seals, strange dark walls, a swinging lantern, and being within the presences of eleven other teenagers was weird. Then again, she was told to be here; a suggestion laced with the meaning of a command with the silver lining of a threat.

But why her?

Nariko didn't think she had anything they wanted besides her lack of morals and possible teamwork she deemed satisfactory enough, even if she may be a bit more overbearing. She was aware of her more flippant attitude when it came to the care of her targets or unwilling witnesses to their target's whereabouts or business. Why care for them if they're the enemy? They didn't deserve the mercy that her teammates pleaded her to have and her sensei chastised her lack thereof. They'll just damage Konoha and the people within again if left to their own devices. A simple scare did nothing. A simple beat down wasn't enough to deter them. They had to see that their life was held in a tight balance that she can upset if they didn't do as she said. Not even those who knew information and withheld that or lied were not given any leniency in their treatment from her. She'll make herself the thing they fear more than the one who entrusted them with the information.

So, when she found herself trapped within the Forest of Death, having spent the whole five days and more as she and her team got lost, she was furious with herself. Her inability to understand genjutsu beyond the basics had damaged her team. Her stubbornness in arguing with the one person in her team who knew how genjutsu worked and used it all the time had broken their chances to escape. She got her teammate so upset, he couldn't break the illusion for them. Her trying to hold on to the leader role had actually hindered their success.

And they wandered. And wandered. And wandered in an endless sea of trees.

How stupid she was.

When they thought they escaped the genjutsu as her teammate got in control of himself and destroyed the illusionary perception distortion that the three of them got trapped in, they were ambushed by an animal. A huge bear, the size of a wagon. It towered over the trio and Nariko was left feeling helpless. This was her fault.

How stupid could she be?

And yet, while her teammates asked what to do and insulted her rightly for her transgressions, she just ignored them and fought. She was too ashamed to order them around. She wasn't able to help them, so why continue? She already proved herself to be a horrible leader, so she didn't say anything.

Worst decision she could have made.

The bear let out a mighty roar, deep bass trembling the leaves in the bear's wake. It swiped its claws, Nariko pulling back as her teammates tried using ninjutsu to stop the bear. Leeches bit and grappled the legs of her teammates from the nearby waters, huge black masses pulsating as they drank their blood. Nariko tried smacking them off, but the leeches dug on and the bear lumbered towards her. Worried they were possibly dead, she tried her best to fend off the creature before her. With a roar, she bellowed out her determination, hoping the beast would become fearful of this tiny human screaming her voice raw.

"I WILL PUMMEL YOU TILL YOU CAN'T MOVE!!"

She fought with the bear, her bo-staff being knocked out of her hands in the ensuing fight. Her Lightningstorm jutsu only making the bear angry as she shocked its feet and legs with supercharged clouds. As it came down on her with teeth bared, her fingers stiffened and she smashed the foreknuckles of her fingers into the bear's jaw, disrupting its nerves. Of course, as she was about to finish it off, she felt something attach to her leg, and she felt the blood rush from her head down her body. All she saw was tunneling darkness before she suddenly lost feeling in her head, then arms, then legs. She keeled over.

The next thing she knew, she was resting on some old bed. Certainly wasn't her home, but it seemed like some dingy, unfamiliar room. In actuality, she was taken to the hospital, put in a nice room, and the masked, cloaked figure who saved her made it look different to dissuade her from finding her teammates. She didn't need them where she'd be heading.

In reality, her teammates were in rooms just next to her.

Nariko wasn't aware of this. She was just aware of the masked figure, wearing some animal mask with markings, sitting in a chair in her room.

"ANBU, huh?" She asked a rhetorical question. The figure just nodded. "Why? The Nakamura Clan are not too keen on the dark practices of your organization."

Surprisingly, the still figure spoke, but his voice was deep, masculine. "We are aware. We see potential in you. Your past relations do not matter. Your injuries are minimal, the chunin exams will end tomorrow." He regarded her body with a curt nod before his tone changed. "May you be one of us?" Terror chilled her spine. The question itself were innocent but the tone held an apprehension that resigned her to a possible ill-begotten fate if she were to deny.

She stood still, staring at him. She swallowed thickly and asked. "What of my teammates? Are they okay?" No answer. The figure got up silently, slipped a neatly tied, rolled up scroll on her table, and left the room.

Looking inside, it was to get her things next to her bed, put them on, and to open this note again.

Simple.

Yet, Nariko was still sore from the exam. She waited out the day before putting on her ninja gear in the dead of night. Wearing her green jacket over her red, sleeveless haltertop, her gloves set on her hands, her satchels on her belt after fastening it around her waist, and slipping on her harness that held a vacant slot for a sword's sheath, and an occupied slot for her bo-staff.

Then, she opened the scroll. She was met with a puff of smoke.

She felt like falling in a vast void for hours.

Nariko found herself in this room, slumped on the floor. She got up and sat cross-legged, waiting for the time to come. The time to end her life and start anew. The failure of becoming chunin still stung. The failure of losing her teammates, unsure if they were alive or dead, broke her heart. Failure of being their de facto leader made her face twitch into a scowl. Failure of being a teammate gritted her teeth.

Failure of a shinobi...

Yet, she knew her worth. She knew she was destined for great things and worth her weight in gold. Yet, the guilt of what she'd done held her down like weights. Well, if they were going to take her down, she'll just get stronger, fight to hold that weight even if it crushed her.

She had to fight for them.

The blonde stared at the swinging light, preferring to occupy herself with something that moved and can actually see instead of the dark figures beside her and the ever expansive walls that seemed to stretch on into the darkness. That was when she noticed a masked figure after a swing of the lantern after what felt like fifteen minutes. She stood up, her body raring to punch something before realizing the Hannya masked man had disappeared. She then watched in some confusion as a disembodied voice rang forth.

Nariko wasn't so sure if she felt "welcomed", but it sure was one way to throw a party. Hell, this was more exciting than that gender reveal party her cousin had at the clan's home. But it seemed the man was late. She didn't notice. He spoke about some poetry he could say about the ANBU, but ended up clapping, revealing the room and its walls that didn't stretch as far as she had remembered. The room itself seemed to stop swaying, and the clock had surprised her. When was she knocked out? When did she get here? It seemed so late.

Still, she now had a visual of those with her. A few of them looked familiar, especially that kid with the blonde hair. She vaguely remembered harassing one of his teammates for boasting about something she was good at. She recalled beating her, but she did that a lot - going around the grounds of Konoha when she wasn't training and fighting other genin on these skills they so loved and thought they were the coolest shit in the world. There were a few others, but she wasn't focusing much on them.

She looked up at the masked figure before them, picking his body apart. Confident. Cheeky. A commander. He made some attempt at making them the special ones today, given that they were recruits. 'Little Shadows of the Leaf'. It made her chuckle. She already inferred the information he gave to stuff she's figured. Who else was going to bother with the nitty-gritty? The political intrigue was something the ANBU danced a fine line on without getting themselves pulled into what would normally be fit for the Kage and Daimyo. Of course, any information Nariko had of this group were hearsay spoken of by her family, who had a tenuous relationship with them, just as the Uchiha police had a similar relationship to them. Their ways of dealing with pests was something that was up Nariko's alley, but it wasn't the way of her own clan.

How pissed would they be if they found out?

Still, the idea of the work being tough and there being no appreciation for it made her scoff a little. Sure, nobody normal would have any appreciation for it, but none of them had any semblance of normal, now did they? A cursory glance towards the other eleven had proved to her so.

Then, there were benefits.

Nariko caught her own cloth and mask. The uniform on the back had a gold symbol on the back, making her under Taisei Hyuga. Her head shot up. A Hyuga? She'll be taught under a Hyuga???

She felt so excited! A sudden thrill burst from her chest and she can just feel herself getting more and more energetic for whatever he had for them. It didn't matter if any of their senseis had to have died, faking death was a dance some members of her clan had done to get away from the clan and do their own thing as individual mercenaries.

The fact he still had Hyuga as a last name surprised her. He still kept it?

The advice about finding out secrets and figure out what they weren't supposed to know made her chuckle. Of course. Couldn't have a ninja base without confidential secrets that made exploring the place far more interesting. And he even condoned it.

He went on to explain the pay and drop box, the key for which was in the masks and how he wasn't going to tell them because of their hazing routine, and then exploring the base and a bit about their forge, primers, and classified areas.

Nariko rose an eyebrow and looked all over her mask. There didn't seem to be anything there. It was then, as she was running her fingertips over the front of the mask, she felt something shift under her middle finger at the mouth of the wolf-like mask. She pushed a corner, but it didn't budge besides wiggle a little. It was obvious that it wasn't budging, and the edges were too thin for even the thinnest shuriken to slip between. She ran her hand over the mask, feeling a pang of frustration before noticing something on its black nose. Pushing it, she heard a click, and the lower jaw jutted out. Pulling out the tiny, wide shelf, the lower shelf had a peg that pushed the contraption out of its lock, the tiny key fit for a fae sitting pretty in its shallow crevice.

After finding out the key and setting it back in her mask, pushing the shelf back in with a click with the nose jutting back out in its proper place, she paid attention to the rest of his speech. Sleeping quarters, training grounds, medical facility, and something about a fleshpit. While Nariko wasn't too keen on exploring too much as she wasn't naturally a curious person, that did hold her intrigue. Maybe it was worth it to explore the compound. The library with restricted sections to them sounded like he was issuing a challenge. She smirked.

He explained the room was an interrogation room, how to use it, and a list of cleaners to contact them. Don't contact them in the morning, and not too often. Yes. But then they had to find their squad leaders, who weren't wearing masks, which was good. She paid attention to the rules, and set the mask on her belt. She put on the uniform and took the bingo book. She rifled through the thing, finding the last page to hold Taisei's entry.

She let out a snort.

Of course they would do this.

Taisei didn't seem to be a practitioner of the Gentle Fist too much in his description however, which was weird. Why not? Either way, whatever he used to fight will still complement her ability to learn as much as she could about taijutsu. While she is confident and proud of her skills to take her far, she's not against learning more because she knows she isn't where she wants to be.

With Kaito now done, Nariko took note of everyone in the room. From Rokuro smashing his mask's mouth piece and Emiko yelling at him, to the new teams getting together and finding out a game plan while introducing each other. She took note of one wearing glasses, her uniform having that gold symbol on it.

Then, Nariko was hit with a sudden foreboding feeling of realization. Why was she here? Was she among the rabble of misfits? Were they deeming her a misfit? No, surely they wouldn't. Did the rest not make it to the chunin exams? Failures? Did they just bring together all the failures in one room and hoped that what they had would make this entire situation work?

Disdain made her lip curl, but this entire situation was just too confusing. The prideful blonde decided to do the simple thing and approach the teammate, an easy smile erasing the uncertainty and disgust in her features. Hisa beckoned for her teammates to follow her, but Nariko didn't know who she was. Luckily, she was staring right at her, else she wouldn't have known that soft voice came from her due the mask. Standing beside the girl, she yelled ecstatically, getting back the excitement she held earlier. "Team Taisei over here!" Hopefully, that got the attention of their other teammate.

Right when she went to get a look at Hisa, she saw past the holes in her mask to see something bulging out of her skin. It was barely a glance, but that's when she realized.

Hyuga.

Wow, how funny was this? Being on the same team with a Hyuga and a Hyuga sensei. She wondered how excited this Hyuga felt knowing who their sensei was, or how much she dreaded it.

She spoke clearly, her voice booming with authority despite her not really wanting to be a leader again due to what had happened before. "So, plan is to just find him with your super vision and run there? Great idea! Leaves having to search around aimlessly to the other three teams." She spoke confidently, putting faith in her new teammates' ability to be a good sensor for the team while giving her a thumbs up.

Last edited:
Ren Ogumo
Squad Miyu​

The slow swing of the lantern and the feeling of an endless void was disorienting. The stretch and compression of time left an uneasy, weightless feeling with it. So Ren stopped watching them. Instead she focused on her spiders. The ones skittering about on the floor, trailing thin threads of silk behind them, and the large one resting on her palm. She smiled, gently running a finger along her snow white back. Her brain said the room was an endless expanse, the spiders said it wasn't all that big, seeing through their many eyes showed it just as endless as before. The conflicting information gave her more of a headache than an answer.

"Then we wait, hm?" Ren spoke to the spider nestled in her palm. And wait they did, there wasn't much else she could do right that second and it didn't seem like any of the other recruits were feeling overly talkative.

She recalled a lot of the faces from the academy. We'll have to look at our notebook later. Gifts for new teammates. Ren paused, looking back at her spider. A-are they putting us into teams? Ren had to admit she didn't entirely know how the ANBU operated in that regard.

Something tugged on one of the webs strewn across the floor, pulling Ren's attention back to the focus. A brief flash of a man in the light of the lantern, vanishing just as suddenly.

Kaito said:
"Welcome to ANBU. Apologies about the wait! I had urgent business. Now, there's many analogies I could make of how we're the shadows of the falling leaf, and each of us follows the squirming foliage as it falls, until at last, for the first time it meets it's own shadow on the ground. But..."

With a clap, torches ignited and light filled the room. Ren blinked, forcing her eyes to adjust. "Ah..." The space was far smaller than . . . what she could only guess was genjutsu led her to believe. But that wasn't important right then. The man in the hanya mask introduced himself as the commander of the ANBU. Ren listened intently, a few stray threads still trailing from her fingers as most of the spiders returned to her.

Robes and masks flew through the air, team assignments called out to match the embroidered emblems emblazoned on their backs. Miyu Ogumo . . . Ren blinked, double-checking the back of her new cloak. What were the odds? She didn't particularly know Miyu. Almost never seen, the clanmate was also never really talked about back at home. Wonder what kinds of spiders she's bred.

Kaito said:
If you find anything secret in ANBU... you aren't looking hard enough. Everything is classified. If that stops any of you, I'll fire you immediately. Know what you're supposed to know... and figure out what you aren't.

The Ogumo tilted her head at that remark. It sounded like an invitation. A challenge. Her sleeves rustled slightly as she pulled the new cloak on over her clothing. Barring anything else special about this emblem . . . perhaps we can weave our clothes into this instead?

Kaito continued his introductions, giving them more information on the facility they were currently standing in and areas he challenged them to find their way into. He soon added they were going to have to seek out their respective new sensei. The facility was large, but Ren felt fairly confident she could find her eventually. She accepted the bingo book from Kaito, watching his movements.

And with that, they were released to find their teams and begin the search. Yumi wasted little time announcing herself, starting towards Ton. Ton . . . wasted little time voicing his discontent with the entire situation. A brief introduction to Yumi before gruffly providing instruction.

"Ah, hello, we're--" Ren's attempt at an introduction was overshadowed by bubbling tension in the air. Fabric flew out in front of her momentarily obscuring her sight. When it returned, she found herself unable to move as another Ren scooped up a small spider with a smile.

Ren? said:
"But there are so many things that a note doesn't explain. Things like your mannerisms. Your abilities. Your charisma." The spider puffed away to reveal eight pens held together by wire, collapsing to the ground with 8 seperate 'clicks' as it fell apart. "Who said that anything in that speech was what I wanted to say. Or hear. A ninja sees through deception. And ANBU deceive ninja..."

Ren drew a breath, this was an ANBU. The swift and eerie deception, the sheer ease he was able to do so before unveiling the real Ren back to the group. Though as he spoke, giving hints on Miyu and the task ahead, the tiniest of specks dropped from her robes to the floor. Tiny spiders, freshly hatched, were hardly any larger than a pinhead. Three of them found their way inside three different pens. If Kaito wished for them to find out forbidden information on their own, then why shouldn't she?

Sent on their way, they had little choice but to explore the facility. Even with the information Ren could glean with her abilities.

At the intense heat of the forge, Ren winced. "We won't be here long," she murmured to no one in particular. Something in the air felt thick and cloying, and a glance at the woman leaned against the wall said it wasn't from the forge itself. She recognized Miyu, if only vaguely. Though before she could say anything, the older ANBU snapped out of her dazed state and leveled a withering glare at the three of them. Thin threads snatched the book Ton had been carrying with an ease Ren herself had yet to obtain.

When Miyu looked back up from the book at them, it felt like the air had been forced from Ren's lungs. A sudden, overwhelming presence that made even the intense heat of the forge seem insignificant. A flash of razor wire, a spray of blood. Nothing she could do. Her knees buckled, wide scarlet eyes staring at the other Ogumo. The wave of killing intent passed over as quickly as it appeared, even then Ren struggled to quickly pull herself together. She pulled her hands back in her sleeves to hide the faint tremble in them.

Ren missed most of the explanation on the forge, having regained her composure in time to catch the brief exchange between Miyu and one of the blacksmiths. She couldn't help but flinch at the shriek, half expecting another wave of death.

Miyu said:
"SON OF A- Bah. I hate Kaito some days. I got a mission about an hour ago about a Nara that went rogue. Which means you all have a mission as of about an hour ago. Find him in those pages. I'm done playing Kaito's games... let's get some actual work done."

The younger Omgumo fumbled with her own bingo book for a moment, flipping through the pages for any Nara. Sandals scraping against the stone floor signaled miyu had started for the door.

Miyu said:
"I shouldn't have stepped on the last one. Walk and talk. I know who you guys are. They had me scouting in the survival portion. Don't know if you know each other's skills though. Go on, make it a suave first date.

I'm Miyu Ogumo, from same Clan as Ren there. Spooky spider clan. 'cept I throw down 'stead of throw bugs. There are two types of stealth missions, ones where nobody sees you, and ones where nobodies left to see you. I specialize in the second."

Ah . . . well, we suppose there won't be any new species to work with so easily. Ren cleared her throat, hoping to draw her teammates' attention. "Perhaps we should go next since we were mentioned. We are also from the Ogumo clan," to emphasize the point, Ren held up her hand, a couple of spiders hanging from her fingers on silk threads. "We are not well versed to combat, we're afraid. Remaining undetected and gathering information is our strong suit."

Noam Noam Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu

Squad Taisei
Natsume Uchiha

While most of the genin waiting in the strange, timeless room had been studying their surroundings or fidgeting gently, one figure near the back remained almost motionless, so much so that she might even have been dead except for the soft rising and falling of her chest as she breathed. As it was, the girl merely appeared asleep, slumped back in her chair in as relaxed a posture as possible with a baseball cap tipped forward to cover her face and eyes.

Even when the Anbu commander appeared and introduced himself and explained what was going on the girl near the back seemed to sleep through all of it without so much as twitching although when Kaito tossed a uniform and mask her way the girl caught it easily with an outstretched hand. Clearly she was awake now if she had ever actually been asleep to begin with.

In fact Natsume Uchiha, staring up at the inside of her hat, had mostly been doing what Uchiha's were best at, brooding. She'd finally done it, after years and years of treading water, struggling to put up decent grades and results she'd finally outright failed, what the hell kind of Uchiha flunked out of the chunin exams? The whole thing had been a disaster right from the start, it had been easy enough to figure out the trick of the written portion and a breeze to copy someone's answers, but Touko and Miki had seemingly gone out of their way to avoid catching her eye and when she finally did get their they'd taken her attempt to share answers as some kind of ploy to get them disqualified at first. It was only in the last couple of minutes when they'd both gotten desperate that they'd taken her offer and the three of them had scraped through with seconds to spare.

Then during the survival portion of the exam tensions both from the previous test and their entire history had boiled over into a pretty nasty threeway spat that ended up with the other two going their separate ways, leaving Natsume with the scroll. Natsume had been genuinely taken aback by the level of sheer contempt her teammates had apparently been secretly nursing for her. Natsume had been under no delusions that they'd had any affection for her, but she'd assumed that she'd at least levelled out into a kind of null entity, an average teammate who did her job and went home and received a consequently average level of regard from her compatriots. It turned out Natsume's aloofness had been taken for some kind of superiority complex and she'd been pissing off the two of them just by existing this entire time. Well shit.

Miki and Touko had gone in totally opposite directions and Natsume had given them a bit of a lead time to cool off, hoping maybe if she caught up with one of them and bailed them out of an ambush or something she could patch things up a bit. Instead Natsume had been attacked herself by a trio from Iwa and left bleeding out on the forest floor trying to process the growing realization that she'd failed. Staring up at the forest canopy like that Natsume had idly noticed that her vision seemed to be getting sharper instead of going black around the edges like she'd expected and she could somehow tell exactly how tall every tree was and count the individual leaves. It was only when the anbu man had loomed over her and Natsume noticed that she could make out the pores on the skin around his eyes underneath his mask that she'd realized that her sharingan must have activated.

Natsume had passed out shortly after that from either chakra or blood loss and now she was here, more or less.

For whatever good it'll do Natsume thought bitterly, positioning the uniform and mask in her hand so she could study them without changing her position or taking her hat off. Natsume was on gold team apparently,

First time I've gotten gold in anything Natsume thought, the bitter thought rising to the surface of her mind unbidden.

As for the mask, Natsume's looked to be a dog, with floppy, downturned ears probably meant to distinguish it from an otherwise similar fox or cat. It was actually kind of cute although Natsume didn't much care for the symbolism of being somebody's dog, more importantly the downturned ears meant that maybe...

Yup, Natsume was able to put the mask on and then, with a slight tug, pull her baseball cap down on top of it where it fit snugly, giving her dog mask the thuggish quality of somebody maybe planning to rob a liquor store instead of assassinate someone or whatever it was she'd be doing now.

Natsume stood and padded over to the two other genin who'd announced themselves as being on gold team, not bothering with the robes for now since it was warm enough in here to begin with. A Hyuuga, to go with their new sensei and a Nakamura, a clan Natsume knew little more than that they were a clan about, seemed like a go getter though, which was fine, it would be easier for Natsume to cruise in the background with someone like that grabbing attention. As for the Hyuuga's both teammate and sensei, Natsume had always gotten the impression that while all of the major clans had sticks up their asses to varying degrees the Hyuuga had far away the longest and hardest. Still that didn't necessarily speak much to the attitude of individuals, especially if they had gone the anbu route to get away from the rest of their clan. Someone with a dojutsu of their own might even have fewer weird expectations about that kind of thing. Or more, hard to say really.

"I'm your third so we can get going," Natsume said to Nariko and Hisa, by way of introduction and explanation. "We might as well get this thing out of the way so go ahead and lead the way," Natsume added to Hisa

Merciless Medic Merciless Medic InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Noam Noam

~Squad Kasane~
Mentions: Kaito Ganryu Ganryu
Interacts: Kasane IG42 IG42 // Eiichi The Regal Rper The Regal Rper // Ryuji SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Kiyoshi offered a slight nod, acknowledging the introduction of the final member of their trio; Ryūji, whom had shown a little added pep to his step once Eiichi and Kiyoshi had both mentioned their talents in the art of Sensory Jutsu. Their talents however would be balanced by Ryūji's lack of talent in that particular field; 'a theoritical dead zone' as he himself had stated. No matter, a team was meant to cover for one another's weaknesses and it was inevitable that Ryūji would outshine them in other area's of expertise. That assumption would soon come to pass as the blue haired member of their group continued straight towards discussing their ideal tactical formation and how they were to proceed going forward.

Through red bangs, Kiyoshi would watch and listen in silence as the plan was laid out before them. Despite how hastily it was formed and having never actually showcased their talents to one another, it was impressive that Ryūji had managed to formulate a tactical formation and strategy that would best use their particular strengths. Kiyoshi had no qualms with this approach and neither did Eiichi by the look of things. "This seems the best strategy for now" replied Kiyoshi matter of factly; now turning around to glance at the other teams still gathered here. While this was never intended to be a race, Kiyoshi would be lying if he didn't share in Eiichi's excitement at potentially being the first to find their Squad leader.

Nodding in approval of Eiichi's remark, Kiyoshi without skipping a beat had made for the exit; two hands dancing away at a speed that not many at his level could hope to keep up with as he cycled through the required hand signs; all the while focused on the corridor ahead of him.

It wouldn't take long for the sound of Kiyoshi's heartbeat to begin reverberating through the corridor; the rhythm beating at steady intervals as sound waves began to pulsate off of him in an omnidirectional manner. Gradually, the lay of the land would begin to form within his mind; his eyes closing as he reverted to using his echolocation to guide his way through this labyrinth of corridors.

"... Th... this facility... It's... It's... insane..." mumbled Kiyoshi as he took a right turn, leading his partners away from another dead end; what must have been the fourth one they had avoided already. "I.. can't even begin to see how big it really is... it just keeps going on and on.." he added, panting slightly as he continued to funnel chakra towards his own heart. "There is a large round space up ahead... my sound spreads down several different corridors but dies out before hitting an end..." he added running past several rooms before skidding to a stop in that circular aformentioned room. "Give me a moment..." he asked, standing dead center within the circular room as his heart beat continued to pulsate.

"That one..." he pointed, "... and that one..." he pointed in the opposite direction. "There are others walking towards us from both of those corridors..." he paused, his hands quickly going through the gestures for his 'Parrot's charade'. "Kasane!" he shouted, mimicking Kaito's voice. "Kasane!.. Show yourself... I have information about your new squad" he added, hoping that one of the bodies he was sensing would react to the deceit. No luck. At least not yet.

.....................................................................................

This game of hide and seek would span a total of around 44 minutes with the trio of genin continuing to venture deeper into the labyrinth of this Anbu HQ. Their journey thus far being spared the faithful encounter with the blood thirsty minotaur; though perhaps that was who was waiting for them once they found what they were looking for. Time would only tell as they unknowingly got closer to their target.

Like three blind mice scurrying about; they'd encounter a dozen or so Anbu agents before finally honing in on the one they were after. It would be during another large room with multiple corridors that they would finally get a 'bite'; Eiichi's own sensory jutsu picking up the tell tale signs of an Uzumaki. 'The large abundance of Chakra'. It was game over once Eiichi had locked onto her chakra and with the added help of Kiyoshi's echo location telling them the directions to take; Kiyoshi would quickly remember the last few twist's and turns to take before ceasing his Blindsight Sonar and focusing more on imitating Kaito's voice before finally crossing that finish line into the room where Kasane awaited them. Found ya.

.....................................................................................

As the door swung open, Kiyoshi still taking the lead had come to a sudden stop just out of Kasane's reach; her spread arms catching him completely off guard as he momentarily doubted what his eyes were seeing. He had completely expected her to be rough around the edges, strict and cold towards the trio however instead of that she seemed far more welcoming.. at least so far. He would remain in silence as the others behind him stood on either side, listening attentively to the red haired Uzumaki in front of them; the mask hiding a shade of red from Kiyoshi's face as he began to really take in her appearance before snapping out of the delusion upon her request for them to 'sound off. Kiyoshi, ceased his Parrots charade; turning off Kaito's voice.

"Kiyoshi Habiki" he spoke, stepping forward. Seeing as how he had stepped into the room first; he decided that there was little harm in introducing himself first as well. "I specialize in ninjutsu and taijutsu and have a growing affinity for Fuuinjutsu" he began, maintaining an almost soldier like stance. "I utilize the Sound Release Kekkei Genkai that originates from the now defunct Land of Silence" he added, giving side glances towards his other partners. The Land of Silence was no longer considered to be its own independent power, like the land of fire was. Rather it had become a hotspot for criminals; the daimyo having fled to their allies the Land of Sound had left the Land of Silence to deteriorate and fall into disrepair. Thus, Kiyoshi wasn't exactly thrilled about mentioning the Land of Silence, but if this new team was to work then there had to be some level of transparency between each and every one of them.

"I severely lack talent in Genjutsu as well as Kenjutsu"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back