• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: In the Shadow of the Broken Moon ~ IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

• __kishinami_hakuno_fate_and_3_more_drawn_by_hellos__db0ebcd7ad18d42a179671b3a559c04b.jpg

Interacting With:
    Rokuro ( IG42 IG42 ), Emi ( Hanarei Hanarei ) Kazuo ( Orikanyo Orikanyo )
    ~ Training Room ~
    ~ Squad Kazuo ~

Port Royal || Kanon's CS File

Another teammate had a blood related power huh? She wondered if their sensei secretly knew how to use chakra with blood as well. There was plenty of gaps to fill blanked out in the bingo book. Though in her head pairing the two of them didn’t seem to make much sense. If he ate blood for elemental power it made more sense to have teammates who could support this. Unless they were paired together because he could take from her without a quick loss of blood. In an emergency situation she could be the fuel for him.

Once her second teammate spoke she began to wonder if they were placed together more due to their ninjutsu aspects than their actual connection to blood. Which was honestly more likely as the major connecting thread. Perhaps they were to be a specialized ninjutsu team? The would have herself for taijutsu support. Rokuro for genjutsu support. Emi seemed to be proficient primarily in ninjutsu so she could only imagine she must be strong in it.

"And burn them quickly."

Okay she could get behind this sensei’s way of thinking! She sat up straighter as he began to give them a greater insight into the job ahead as a new ANBU recruit.

"Here, sandwiches, choose from what you like, sorry, sesame seed bread was all I had on spare if you don't like that. For now eat these as we talk, we have a mission."

“Foods food sensei! Thanks!”

She pulled out a sandwich from the basket that had been handed to her and then passed it over to Rokuro, who seemed more enthusiastic than Emi so far.

“Here Roku”

"Today's mission we will be hunting down a possible child snatcher, orphans from a organized orphanage have been going missing. I have heard unpleasant things about Madam Iwamoto, we arr to go under guise of the usual ninja there to teach and guide young ones in the fine art of simple ninjutsu.”

A child snatcher? What a goddamn coward! She could feel her face start to heat up with anger at the thought as she was already in the mood to start pummeling the creep. Yet with no target in sight she instead began to aggressively chop down on the sandwich.

“Want to try and do one of those classic first meeting games and what not?”

What a mood swap! But she supposed they would need to get to know each other better. She quickly ate the last bite of her sandwich. Once she swallowed she threw herself up.

“YEAH. Knowing your team is half the battle! Of course we’re already leagues above the others naturally! So what’s gonna be Kazuo-sensei? Two truths and lie? A rousing game of catch the sensei? Hide and seek? I’m pumped, we’ll get used to each other and be ready to utterly kick ass!”

Ren Ogumo
Squad Miyu​

At Yumi's question, Ren seemed to beam. "Oh! Miss Ameko isn't a summons! Though some members of our clan do form contracts with the great spiders housed at the compound." Her smile brightened. It was hard to even tell if she heard Ton's remarks. "There are even rumors that the clan head has a contract with an actual Jorougumo. Though despite our best efforts, we haven't been able to . . ." Ren trailed off, snapping up the bingo book from her sleeve and flipping through the pages. Her smile faltered. "O-oh." After a minute, her smile returned. Though it seemed distant, not quite reaching her eyes. "Perhaps we could learn that trick one day." A few threads of silk bookmarked the page before it disappeared once again.

As they walked through the ANBU compound, Ren listened to Miyu explain their assignment. "Tracking is a strong suit of ours." She offered before putting on her own mask, the extra eye holes gave the bird mask an unsettling, spider like appearance. Stepping out into the sun, Ren blinked, willing her eyes to adjust even with the shade casted by her mask. Hidden in plain sight, how fitting.

Miyu said:
"North. Try to keep up. We're heading to Sazon's Bend, and looking for footprints from across the river. No ANBU reports of him at the Valley of the End, or anywhere near there, so we've got time."

Ren didn't have a chance to respond before Miyu disappeared in a pile of silk. "A-ah!" In a small burst of white silk strands, she body flickered after the older ANBU.

Stopping at the riverside, Ren held up a hand. "Please wait, let us scout ahead." She didn't wait for a response before kneeling at the riverbank. "The weight of these steps is uneven . . . it lines up with mention of Shikahide recovering from something." As she spoke, small spiders trailed from her sleeves and scattered into the forest ahead. A thin thread of silk remained attached to one of Ren's fingers. She closed her eyes.

It was several minutes before far fewer spiders returned and Ren opened her eyes. "Captain . . . we were able to locate Shikahide, he's two kilometers to the Northwest. He appears to be in considerable pain, likely the reason for his slow progress. However, while those sent to scout did not draw near, they were dispatched. His shadow seemed to move of its own accord, grabbing and ripping their legs off by tearing apart their shadows. A couple others were simply dragged into shadow, cutting any contact." Ren's frown deepened. "While this seems to fit the violent tendencies in his profile, nothing suggested aptitude for sensing. Nor did he make any movements to suggest starting a technique. We rather liked Miss Ameko . . ."

Shaking her head, Ren continued. "We have reason to believe he isn't alone. Between here and his location we found snippets of vine flooded with chakra and flowers that aren't native to the Land of Fire. Brief footprints of a much stronger stride were seen, but didn't go anywhere of note." Ren glanced at Miyu, waiting for her reaction. "Regardless of how we proceed, we can circle ahead and around and set up a trap for him to be chased into. It should buy you time to make planting the seal much easier."

Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo Noam Noam

-1 month prior-

Inside a small room at the base of a tree, several wires twisted and traced down the roots into a small room with a few dozen monitors displaying various points in the forest around. Inside, two old men sat in rocking chairs watching the displays, though of the two, one of them clearly had his eyes fogged over, and hardly able to see anything, the other held a cane to his side, watching intently, occasionally making handsigns, a hazy mist spilling off of him.

The room would occasionally flicker, as if it had been transported to the sections being broadcast, the two old men suddenly in a field next to others, in between a fight, or watching from a nearby tree. A combinations of genjutsu and mental jutsu allowing them to spy in person almost to the second section of the chunnin exams.

"We have an unusual amount of participants this year, don't we, Kei?" The blind one said.

Kei, the one with a cane shook his head. "Had. They seem to be dropping like flies, m'lord." As the handsigns shifted, they appeared over a body in the fields, with a bloodied body on the ground, and a red haired body walking away, blood dripping from his fang like teeth and hands. A few feet away, he would stumble and fall. A scroll rolled out of his hands on the ground, bouncing and rolling, only to fall into a line of spiders that wrapped silk around it and began to carry it away. Footsteps could be heard walking up to the fallen warrior before a black cloak descended on him, and disappeared, carrying him in the distance. Instead, the footsteps came to the corpse, before sobbing and the name "Mitsuaki" could be heard between sobs.

The blind man furrowed his brow. "Kei, what's this?"

"A corpse. It seems they've turned bloody again, I believe the nin responsible a Sekiyama. If you wish, I can switch to a different endpoint if you prefer, Lord Third."

"Not that, the shadow that swooped in. Those movements were no mere genin, though I'm not happy about a Leaf nin killing other Leaf nin."

The illusion faded back to the monitor room, before Kei did a few handsigns, causing the two to appear at a different location. A blast of lightning sent three nin flying back as a young cloud nin in a miko outfit walked forward, dancing between lightning bolts. One of the three shouted curse filled insults at the other two to quit rushing in, before the staffed girl pointed her staff at him, and a massive bolt of lightning leveled from the skies, the thunder afterwards shaking the entire area. Right before it had hit, a black shadow passed by, grabbing the boy, and leaving nothing as the flash cleared, as if no body at all had been there.

The blind man shook his head. "Again? How many ANBU are in the woods?"

Kei sighed. "That, I don't know, even with all my sensor points, I've seen maybe five-"

The blind man held up a hand to silence him. "Not you, Kei. You, Kaito."

From the corner, a man standing clapped, wearing a facemask with a small smiling mustache and small slitted eyes "About 17, give or take. I'm not interfering with any on going fights. Anyone I've picked up likely needs medical treatment, or would have been dead anyways. In fact, you could say I'm helping. Why, my agents have even helped out a few other villages get nin to the medics." He bowed dramatically, removing a fedora with the bow. "We aim to please."

Kei blinked in surprise. "It's quite unusual to have both the former Hokage, and current Commander of ANBU in the proctor booth. Lord Third Gou Uchiha, and Commander Kaito Chosokabe."

Gou, however, sighed. "Then what about the current Hokage in here, also sneaking away to observe? Don't you have a village to manage, Hiroto?"

Kei looked around, not seeing anything, before Gou stood up, and grabbed what seemed to be an invisible curtain, dragging it across the corner to reveal a smiling Hyuga, in Hokage robes, and a blindfold over his eyes, nodding. "Nothing gets past you, eh, old man?"

Kei glanced paranoid around the room. "Any OTHER hidden nin I should know about? What is this a party?" He grumbled, then remembered who his guests were. "What brings both you and the commander here?"

The Hokage activated his byakugan, then shrugged. "Not that I can see. Oooh, take us to the group 2 miles south, it's about to get hilarious. As far as why I'm here, I saw Kaito there sneaking out, and was curious. The office practically runs itself."

Kei started a few handsigns, and the group ended up right where a blue haired nin finally finished covering a bomb, wiping sweat away as he turned around with his work complete. Behind him, a teammate approached. "Hey, Ryuj-" As he stepped forward, a large explosion echoed, sending bodies flying, the blue hair nin tumbling into the brush, while his teammate was sent flying like a cannonball.

In the tree tops above, a violent skirmish could be seen between a black haired kunoichi with the Uchiha crest on her back against three Mist nin at once. The duel was ended by the human canonball smashing into her, and sending her flying far away from the fight, a scroll flying from her hand on impact. Another shadow, an ANBU, caught her in the distance with a spiderweb.

The three mist nin shrugged, and turned to see another Leaf ninja mid air, apparently coming to protect the Uchiha from earlier. One intercepted him with a kick sending him to the ground and all three started to stomp on him in the ground. A mouse squeaked at the sight, panicking, before running back to it's owner at full speed.

The Hokage chuckled. "Your agents are everywhere, Kaito. What's your game?"

Kaito shrugged, grabbing a knife, and spinning it between his hands, lackadaisically resting against the wall. "Who knows, Lord Hokage? I'm looking for a few recruits and seeing if I like anyone. Maybe some nin will just disappear from the tests. I take it there's no problem? Afterall, you're the one who told me to do as I like."

The Hokage threw his head back, and cackled. "I didn't think you'd be so bold to interrupt an international event, one of the most watched between the nations, for a few dropouts. Get a load of the balls on him, eh, old man?"

The blind old man laughed as well, but looked a bit concerned. "Certainly bold, but does call into question why an ANBU commander would have to be so desperate as to need to scout a chunnin exam." He turned his head, but didn't look at Kaito, but rather at Hiroto.

"We're still looking into it. Technically, it's classified, but if anyone's entitled to it, I suppose it's my predecessor, and the 'Merchant of Memories, Old Man Kei'. Something's hunting ANBU." Gou grunted annoyed, but then Hiroto pointed one of his finger guards in the air, and scroll appeared. "And they seem to be in the Leaf. We're calling them The Kounki, The Cultivators. We've got a few traitors. That, of course, doesn't leave this room. Kei, anyone spills the beans, wipe their memories. You spill the beans, go wipe your own until you're a vegetable." Despite Hiroto's earlier levity, the Hokage was so stern while saying the last part, it was 100% an actual order to the old man proctoring the exam.

Kei nodded as a 'yes', before changing the scene again. The Hokage nodded approvingly, the scroll disappearing as the subject dropped. The new scene involved a monk looking girl was being mauled by a bear, but managed to regain momentum, a claw like hand striking it straight in the jaw, fingers digging into the nerves, and causing it to back away. It roared angrily, though it eyed her wearily. As the two stared eachother down, a large cat sized leech latched onto her leg from a nearby stream.

The bear roared, before suddenly as it stood on it's hind legs, began to sway, and collapse.

Kaito walked up to the bear, crouching down as he grabbed his mask, taking it off as he took a closer look, his glorious mustache visible even from behind. "Right in the nerves, and she's not even a Hyuga. Interesting."

She was, however, turning white from the leech. A shadow walked above them, and the leeches fell apart as it sheathed their sword.

As the group returned to the base again from the illusion, a knock could be heard upstairs. The Third smiled. "It looks like the first to arrive is a tie. Oh, and one of them is a Hyuga, Hiroto."

The Hokage shrugged.

Above, outside the base building, two teams had tied to make it there first, both Leaf teams. One of them with a girl with glasses and a Byakugan, carrying two scrolls in one hand, and the other team with a golden haired boy also holding a scroll. The door to the end of the exam area began to slowly open with a proctor in a blue bandana and shades opening it with a pleased smile... before his face went gaunt, and the sunglasses fell off his face smashing into the ground below. His stunned face started to panick as he waved both hands in a 'no no no' gesture in front of him. He grabbed both doors and slammed them shut suddenly. Behind both teams, a large wave of grimey, bog like mud rushed forward...

Below, in the monitor chamber, Hiroto shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me what clan someone's from. Everyone in the ninja world has potential. Can't let a little thing like fate or destiny stop you. Isn't that what you're thinking, Kaito? Pick out any good ones? I know I have."

The ANBU commander smiled, before placing his mask back on, and giving a single nod.

=========================================
-Present Day-

Back in the Hokage's office, Hiroto stroked his chin as he looked out towards the Hokage Monument, and the large tree that was ANBU headquarters behind it. His veins under his eyes bulged.

"What is your game Kaito... what is your game? You didn't even pick any of the good ones, like that Baozhai girl. No, you chose her hapless victim. Or a Ogumo who didn't even put up a fight. The Habiki refugee who flunked out the first round. Or the gravekeeper's daughter who was found impaled against a tree without a single win. And yet... you're never wrong. That's what keeps it interesting. What DID you see that my eyes can't. Every body knows the Hyuga... but who ever has heard of the 'Chosokabe'? Hehehe. You keep thing's fascinating, don't you? You, and your misfits. I leave it to you, just keep things interesting for me."

He shook his head, and ushered in the next visitor for the days business. He'd have to ask the ANBU commander how their first day had gone later, for now, lazy as he was, the Hokage had work to do.

6ca58a8c58915ec0014d872fbe8a35f1.png

1a1f27398f2c23919b92b89234c784163a676353r1-1200-1600v2_00.jpg

~Squad Kasane~
Mentions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck IG42 IG42 The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
360_F_343147442_BT7ay5L5jQAc6g14QlYDFelfeF1kgmri.jpg

Kiyoshi would do his best to survey the vast expanse of the training room that they were led into; eyes scanning for each and every potential detail of the construct in which he or his team mates may be able to use to their advantantage or that their temporary opponent could use to her advantage against them.

A puff of smoke would signal Kasane's intent as her red haired visage vanished from ahead of them, reappearing a fair way away from them upon a large rope running almost central across the entirety of the room. Such movement was to be expected of their instructor, thus Kiyoshi had not reacted in surprise to her sudden disappearance and reappearance. Instead, he continued to keep his eyes upon the scene before him, observing what his eyes allowed himself to see whilst ignoring the taunts of their squad leader. Sound was his weapon... he would not be swayed by her words.

It was as the trio of chains appeared behind her that Kiyoshi began to narrow his focus upon her... or more specifically her chains. A rather uncommon tool of the trade but one that provided several key advantages for Kasane. Range, maneuverability, flexibility and unpredictability were among the few that stood out for Kiyoshi. The fact that she currently had three of them meant that they were also three times more advantageous that they would normally be.

"Any idea's?" he questioned, glancing between Ryuji and Eiichi. "I dont particularly see close quarters combat as being in our favor... those chains of hers will be a problem and whose to say three is her limit..." Given that Kiyoshi seemed to be the most adept at Taijutsu based on their earlier statements about what they excelled in, he felt it quite important to voice the apparent futility in simply trying to overpower her. They would need far more tactical input if they wanted to 'impress' on their first outing,

Squad Kazuo
As Kazuo delivered his rather grim pep talk Rokuro looked up at him innocently as he listened, as the squad leader finished Rokuro nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah ANBU stuff is seeeeeecreeeeeet right?" He said without a care for the dark tone.

Snatching the offered sandwich he already had a mouthful in before he remembered to mumble a "thanks" around it. Kanon seemed pretty good fun to him and the squad leader gave him food so he was already cool, Emi meanwhile had been kind of a downer in his book though being able to hold people in place with mud sounded neat.

Quickly wolfing down most of his sandwich Rokuro was left with just the crusty bits, finding nowhere to discreetly dispose of them he grimaced and reluctantly scoffed them down a moment later he wrinkled his nose is distaste again at the mention of tomatoes.

Listening passively to the mission briefing he instantly stuck his hand up when Kazuo called for questions. "Do I get to bleed Iwamoto? Is it scary to tell them how much fun the chuunin exam was?" He thought the latter question was a bit of a stupid one but the complaints after D-rank babysitting missions left him feeling the need to double check.

Orikanyo Orikanyo BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Hanarei Hanarei

Nariko Nakamura
Team Taisei

1650572369623.png

Location: ANBU, Library | Mood: Excited | Interactions: Hisa Hyuga ( InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum ), Natsume Uchiha ( AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy ), Taisei Hyuga ( Noam Noam ) | Mentions: N/A

Nariko noticed the apparent headache Hisa probably was rubbing away. Hisa made a mention of not jumping in too quickly and saying she should learn how to seal, and then looked to Taisei to ask if he knows a Senju. Nariko listened, beaming as Taisei said they all made good points. She made a mental note to use a disguise then. As for the Senju, it was correct about why they should ask a Senju but as to be cautious about doing so.

As for all that and as Taisei was done explaining, Nariko crossed her arms and had a triumphant smirk on her face, as if she already knew the answer. "Well, I'll just use a disguise with my transformation jutsu, so they think they got me. As for our Senju buddy, Kaito said the sensei's names as he was giving out our robes. Kazuo Senju of Green Team, yeah? If that's who you're talking about, then we should ask people who can vouch for the validity of Kazuo's statements and what he finds important before we ask him. Even though the people are in ANBU doesn't really mean they want to betray their own clan and it can be devastating for the clans. Either way, the fact that he's in ANBU makes it more likely that he'd put the interest of the village's peace over that of his own clan's politics. It would be more beneficial if the Uchiha and Senju have no alcohol to fight over anyhow to avoid a mini-clan war from starting and breaking apart Konoha, so he'd be on board anyway because it's the lesser of the evils to choose to do as it will save not just the two clans but the village, as well. Anyway, that's what we are here in ANBU for, to shed away our familial ties for the most part and to work the nitty-gritty while making sure no one knows we are doing such dirty work." The teachings of her mother's political debates over the dinner table had come in quite handy.

However, just as she said her piece, she seemed a bit concerned and she looked over to her two teammates. "Right?" She asked more out of validation for her ideas. Clan politics and the protection of the village were things she struggled with, despite having the knowledge bestowed upon her by her mother. "My mother's the clan head and would tell me all this stuff, but I never really cared enough for my clan to care about politics and stuff." She explained her lack of confidence, not wanting to seem like a fluke of her confidence.

Last edited:
Squad Taisei
Natsume Uchiha

Natsume kept her expression neutral as Taisei pointed out that they might not be able to trust their Senju contact. It was an interesting point to raise in present company, all four of them were from clans and for most of them, not the same one. Was Taisei saying they couldn't trust each other? Even if the team didn't turn against each other something stupid like some musty bottles of wine the next mission down the track might not be so simple. Nariko started reasoning out that they could probably trust Kazuo in this situation and Natsume agreed with most of her reasoning. She was a little gung ho but not simple it seemed like.

"Even if this Kazuo would sell us out to advance Senju interests, this seems like it would be a bad time to do it," Natsume said thoughtfully, puzzling it out as she talked so that her words came out slowly. "We likely wouldn't die even if we were captured so word would get out that he couldn't be trusted in matters relating to the Senju. If another, more important mission affected the Senju people would know to keep him out of the loop, or even feed him false intelligence. The opportunity cost wouldn't make it worth it in this case," Natsume concluded and then shrugged suddenly. "Well, Probably. I guess we can't ever be completely sure," Natsume's mind alighted temporarily on the faces of the last group she had called comrades and she was pleased that she kept any trace of bitterness out of her voice. "But we can get pretty close I think. Why don't we split up? Nariko and Sensei can interview this Kazuo guy and Hisa you can recon the compound like you were talking about earlier. That way we can see if he seems trustworthy in person and possibly verify some of his information independently. While you guys are doing that I can start establishing our cover story as thieves with the wine merchants. We can all meet back up after that stuff and plan the actual infiltration based on what we find out. Sound good?"

It was a reasonable plan Natsume thought, a little bit overcomplicated for what was ultimately a C rank mission maybe but it was their first mission for the Anbu, probably better to overdo it then come as sloppy. Mostly Natsume had engineered things so that she had a reasonable excuse to be on her own for a bit. The chunin exam and its aftermath had left Natsume feeling even less sociable than usual and she wanted to run solo for a while.

Noam Noam InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Squad Kazuo

Emiko Senju

BRLjpnX.jpg

Emiko listened to her uncle staying rather quiet. She took being a ninja quite serious, even if who she was hearing it from was far from her first choice of who she would of wished to seen. She had to admit his words about 'burning the evidence' was a bit of a surprise for her to hear from his lips. It wasn't at all the tone she knew her uncle Kazou for at all. It seemed harsh in tone... rather cold. Far from the lively man she knew him to be. Such thoughts however only lingered briefly as he mentioned of the 'Senju way' causing the teen to roll her eyes in response and blush a bit more in embarrassment. How she wished she didn't have that last name attached to herself right now.

Senju was a surname she would ordinary hold with such pride. To inherit it from her mother and being welcomed in brought her a sense of pride. It was a very well revered clan in the village that only so many got the chance to be part of. In some part it was what had inspired her to become a Ninja in the first place along with her father, although she would never dare to admit such a thing to anyone even under the threat of horrendous torture. Still, as much as she had a sense of pride for having the Senju name, it also came with a cost. It put a lot she felt on her shoulders she had to live up to, and not inheriting their Kekkei Genkai... it... well..

Emi shook her head not allowing her thoughts to stray any further at the mentioning of their mission. The girl nodded along keeping otherwise silent attempting to pick up the details not allowing the small trivialities of her drifting mind to get in the way. Entertaining orphans seemed a bit... intimidating to say the least. She was much more worried she might not be able to make them happy. Worst, the very thought of someone was kidnapping them filled her with a spark of anger. It was something that she couldn't quite put out of her mind watching the children afraid what might become of them.

She had half jumped at Kanon as she spoke up in favor of a game to get to know each other. She hadn't really know the girl all that well, though for some reason she had pinned it on her prematurely she wouldn't be the type to react in such a swift and vocal manner. She looked a bit uncertain at her seeming to feel like she was much more energetic then she originally thought. Not someone she innately hated to be fair, though she was a bit worried she might be much more about play then serious work.

Her eyes shifted over to Rokuro as he seemed more focused on questioning their 'sensei' about how they should handle the mission. Strangely enough it had earned a little more respect in Emiko's mind, even if his question was a bit childish sounding. At the very least he seemed to worry about scaring the orphans which she was happy to hear. She was most worried he would be the type to terrify them and give the poor children nightmares.

"Don't you remember being little and being talked to about being a ninja? Just talk general stuff, make it out to be like a fun job without going into any specific details. Emphasize we are there to keep the village safe, the fact you get to go and see the world. Fill their minds with wonder and let their imaginations fill out the other little details. As Unc... ahem..." Emi paused lifting her hand as if to clear her throat stopping herself just short of saying the wrong word.

"...as our squad leader says, just keep it simple little tricks and simple stories. Try and avoid the more... dull stories, and make sure to not be very detailed on missions you may have actually have done. You don't want to spill confidential information. The kids will be more interested anyways hearing how you jumped building to building to chase some bad guy anyways and the crazy things you did to catch them."

She stopped speaking for a moment looking over at Rokuro uncertain really how much he would of even picked up what she was saying. Truthfully she felt as if she had gone on speaking more then really should of. The girl letting out a soft sigh more so directed at herself. She turned her head over towards Kanon, her eyes briefly lingering to the basket of food as her stomach rumbled though she wasn't about to admit that. She didn't want to ask for any of the food since Kazou had given them it. She still couldn't help but feel as if his comment about the sesame seed was directly at her. She was little when she had refused to eat anything with sesame seed before. She was a teenager now! Why would he remember and bring something like that up now of all times, even if it wasn't directed at her?

"We should focus on doing that mission rather then playing little games. Save playing around for the children. We can talk to each other to 'warm up' to each other on the way. Any sort of teamwork exorcises could just be done in training sessions together after we get the perpetraitor taking the orphans dealt with."

IG42 IG42 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Orikanyo Orikanyo

Eiichi | ANBU Training Room | Squad Uzumaki

The squad leader's test proposal was not what he'd initially expected. After hearing the instructions of what they were being tested on specifically, their skill to be precise, Eiichi glanced at Kiyoshi upon hearing his own input, then hummed thoughtfully as he considered options.

His tongue clicked and an irritated look, as was the norm when he was focused, crossed the pale blonde's face. "Even if she is good at Genjutsu enough to break out of it- Genjutsu's probably our only chance. And if the job is to knock her back on to the ground, we should just focus on figuring out a way to get her knocked down without getting too close into her range to be tossed around." He spoke in a low volume to both his partners-in-crime.

Eiichi's eyes focused. Looking around the whole training room. Those chains, like Kiyoshi said, would be a disadvantage, there would be no way for them to get close if she could freely manipulate those things like her own limbs. The range and possibility of her having other chains were another thing to be wary of.

His grimace of concentration, turned into a wicked grin.

"Numbers are our advantage." And he emphasized the word 'numbers', before he began moving away from the duo. "Clones." Was the only thing he said.

He didn't specify what kind of clones however. He hoped his teammates would get what he was saying though. Taking all day to talk about the plans they could use instead of acting was just going to have the squad leader grade them poorly for wasting time and would only look poorly of their ability to act quickly. Had it been a real-life scenario they'd already be dead or in a tight spot. So using a demonstration, felt to be much more in order.

Not even a hand sign, and as he took off into a run, four afterimages peeled off from Eiichi's back and then sped up to follow him as he made a dash for the wall closest to them. Running up the wall, the five Eiichi's took off at a run, spreading out, shifting positions, rearranging themselves by using different speeds to outrun the other, then using a single hand sign a smoke clone popped into existence behind the original Eiichi, only to swap positions with one of the after images as they all moved around before they reached a point where they were directly arranged at different points behind Kasane, and then all together, launched themselves at Kasane at different angles.

"Take THIS!" all six Eiichi yelled simultaneously. Their voices working in unison, a distraction- one he hoped his teammates would take advantage of. It was obvious that if she wanted to, she could probably sweep those chains through like a broom, but that was the point of spreading them out- to make it difficult for her to hit one with a swipe.

Each one drew a shuriken and threw one of his professionally crafted 'explosive' confetti shuriken in her direction. Sending an array of the throwing star look-alikes in her direction- waiting for the right moment to activate the chakra triggered explosive effect that would rain confetti on its target.

The fact they were also arcing around her with the Shuriken thrown, it was only a matter of time before they neared- and with his shadow clone directly hovering over his right side, all it'd take was grabbing the clone's hand and using a sudden change in momentum and movement to alter his trajectory if those chains struck out.

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck BriiAngelic BriiAngelic IG42 IG42 Phayne Phayne

Ton Yamada
Team Miyu

He kills everything in his reach, hes a wounded animal..." Ton spoke up, once he had heard full report from their censor. Spiders are handy creatures, they construct many webs and are capable of many feats.

Spiders were therefore good. Thought many did get slain for this information.. He would give thanks to a Spider kami for their little souls later.

Ton thought for a moment... "if he is destroying abdolutely everything, including innocuous spiders, it makes it hard to put a trap in play. Since he may just send his shadoe to destroy it, and personally I do not want to run ourselves dry of our small partners yet. But... with a big enough distraction to draw his attention from the spiders, we can likely lay the seal, chase abit to give him thoughts we're not done with a mission, and then "lose him" so we can retreat.

If we disengauge the moment the seal is placed he may just destroy it...I have a few grnjutsu well suited to distraction, my shadow clones are also capable in their own right. Descending hell is an illusion to brings down a fake fireball on someone, it's next to impossible to ignore...

With an archer... It could be a way to pin him down and force him to hide. Ie, trigger a trap..." he thought about the scenario, eyeing the dirt.

"Paranoia, most unkind of an affliction...

Sensei, will you be helping or observing?"

Noam Noam KageYuuki KageYuuki

Team Miyu
“I can pin him down if I can see him," Yumi pointed out. "But...if your genjutsu makes him think we're going to burn the forest down, maybe he'll run back towards the river. Then we could catch him here, and someone can get the seal on him."

Sensei had handed her the seal before they'd left headquarters. Yumi pulled it out now and turned it over in her hands. She could be the one to plant it, she supposed. Her hand-to-hand skills weren't terrible. And if Ton had to be behind the guy to cast his genjutsu, and Ren had said her hand-to-hand skills were kind of terrible...Still, shouldn't sensei be doing it? She was the actual jonin, after all.

"So you use a genjutsu to chase him over here, I pin him down and Miyu-sensei secretly puts the seal on him while beating him up, 'cause she's good at that?" Yumi held out the seal to Miyu. And I guess someone should keep an eye out for the people who might be with him." She frowned in thought behind her mask. "Chakra-infused plants...are there any clans from other villages that can do that? Because the only one I'm thinking of is the Senju."

Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu KageYuuki KageYuuki

Team Miyu

Miyu listened to the group, her eyes in the distance, nearly glazing over as her body shook. A few times she spasmed out of and shook her head. At Ren's report, she managed to pull herself together, and formed a few webs began to form in her fingers, and she outstretched her hand with a perfect web in-between, watching lines of the web quiver and shake. A moment later her fingers pulled the web apart, and without chakra it disintegrated into the air.

"Huh... Only picking up one, myself. Sucks 'bout your spider, kid. " She was still panting, but raised an eyebrow at the report as she looked up into the trees, spotting a red flower in the distance. Miyu didn't say anything, but glanced down at Ren, looking her over for a moment. "Your spiders got all that? Huh. Yeah, vines would either be a Senju, or someone from Land of Grass. Either creating them with Wood Release, which can vitalize plants, or running chakra through existing plantlife to control it. Either the traitor has help, or they're looking West... Good find either way. "

At Ton's question, Miyu pulled out a pen cap and put it in her mouth while she pulled out a clipboard. "I'm 'spose to be obserfin' " She said with the pen in her mouth. However, a new problem came apparent as she looked down at the pad in her arm, the pen in her mouth, back to the clipboard, back to the pen, then to her stub of am arm. Miyu tried reaching down, fumbling for the pen, before dropping the board. A loud "FUUUUUUCK" echoed as bird's began to fly away, and in the end, the pen ended up embedded in a nearby tree as a rage filled Miyu gave an unholy shriek of anger. Thankfully, 2km was a looong ways a way.

Miyu huffed, and practically snatched the seal from Yumi as she was given it. "Yeah, alright, tracks. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Fine, yeah. I'm supposed to get your abilities, but long as you guys do most of the work, might as well. This Shikahide's high chunnin end, you guys should be enough, but long as we complete the mission, I do my job, I don't care. But I gotta make sure you guys do most of the work. So how's this. Call out when you want me to slap the tag on, but you guys gotta do your best to give me an opening. If it's a good opening, I'll go sing to Kaito about how good ya'll are. If it's one I feel would have gotten me killed if I weren't me..."

A sudden CRACK sounded as the tree with a pen in it split down the middle, two sides the trunk falling to otherside. It would have been the perfect punctuation... if Miyu hadn't also jumped and the air shimmered around her, before several rocks nearby split in two. Miyu was left panting on the ground, twitching in a squatted position, her eyes bulging as she hyperventilated.

"Worst part... about breathing... is too much... feels like... you're dying..." She rummaged through her pack for a few pills and an inhaler, cradling back and forth. Each inhale seemed to make it worse as her breathes got sharper and sharper, near choking a few times. However, it started to slow, and she stood once more, looking dull and eyes glazing over once more.

A few moments, she motioned forward as she walked, staring in the distance. She talked as if nothing had happened.

"A'ight. Think ya'll had good ideas. We'll circle round. Ton, initiate with genjutsu fireball, drive him towards the river. You also get to 'sic him' command when you want me to do the thing. And by thing, I mean kick ass and slap people. Bonus points if I slap it on his ass. Double points if he can't find the seal afterwards. Phrase "Meat Muppet" mean anything? Hehehehe.

Ren, set up the traps you talked about. Set them towards the river as Yumi suggested.

Yumi, fill him with arrows. Supposed to be a non lethal mission but... meh, wouldn't be the first on my record. Better to deal with a missing nin than not. "

Miyu shuffled threw her bag, before throwing an earpiece to each of the three.
------------------------------

Shikahide continued down the path, a path of carnage in his wake, dead spiders and other wildlife. A bird flew by him, and he didn't react. Suddenly, in the air, it stopped and squeaked. Flailing back and forth, it seemed to squeeze, before exploding into gore and feathers. Below, the shadow could be seen laughing as it held onto the bird's shadow, wringing it back and forth. A trail of feathers, scales, and spiders could be seen. The shadow danced back and forth, always connected to the Nara, but it could leave either foot.

Shikahide looked back at his shadow, and sighed tiredly as it walked around him, looking for more things to 'play' with.

"What's happened to you, Inochi? That even you? Tch."

The wood's began to open up, and in the distance, a cliff could be seen, and visible from the fall, two statues could be seen over a waterfall, the first hokage, and the first Uchiha, holding a sign of confrontation over a waterfall. The border at the end of the Land of Fire.

Last edited:
Ton Yamada
Team Miyu
The young man watched as his sensei... Had... Abit of a meltdown, a breakdown, and a hissy fit all in one. She really, really wasn't doing to well. Well, not that he expected that she was stable in any sensei.. Maybe loud but not tight rope walking across her own fraying nerves that were thin as the spider webs she makes.

She really looked like somebody who really needs a break...

Or a degree of counselling...

He should do his best to get her to slap the seal on his butt discretely.

He looked to the others with a face that showed a degree of concern... But then nodded. "Lets do our best..." A line that read of several more words, words like

Concerning.

Worrisome.

Insane.

Possibly ending with us killed by our own jonin.

Possibly watching their jonin have a breakdown and end herself.

He desired to be a master of all things, but mental support is one thing he has no prepared for...

"Lets go about our preperations, I shall begin gathering my chakra for the event now, I shall begin with the fireball, lay down kunai with wires between them for snares, once thats finished i'll rush him with shadow clones. Don't worry about hitting my clones Yumi, they wont stop your arrows... But... Line of sight...

Perhaps getting in a tree?

I don't need to tell you how to do your job, lets go."

Ton started on the trail, as the one who'd start the whole mess, he may as well get prepared now.. He began to tie kunai together, improptu snares, but anything is a better action than nothing.

Squad Kazuo
Hanarei Hanarei IG42 IG42 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

"Oh, and if you do regale them with tales of battle and awe, of how you fought 50 enemy ninja, and single handedly defeated them all, do try to show some restraint on any details of injury. Miyu is banned from Madam Iwamoto's orphanage after detailing the virtues of a concrete wall over a human skull. Though they did take a liking to Kazuo's last appearance, I think it had to do with the food he bribed them with. We've all been at some point, it's good to know who tomorrows ANBU will be."

A voice spoke out from the shadows, the Hannya mask from earlier leaning against the wall so still he almost seemed invisible. A scent of lavender rose as ANBU Commander Kaito made himself known. He slowly slid off the Hanya mask, his face showing for the first time as a regal ponytail, and glorious mustache and goatee shone in the light. He, naturally, began to twiddle the moustache.

Genjutsu: Hiding within Memories

"Kazuo, there's been an... incident with Lyn. There's blood everywhere, and the neighbors are being wiped... again. But don't worry, it's not her blood. I figure you maaay wish to deal with it."

He then looked at the group, eyeing up and down the lot of them.

"I hope you don't mind if lil' ol' me follows along. Personally, I'm a fan of Konpa pin pan pon. Two truths and a lie gets a little hazy, however when I can never remember what the truth actually is. Or perhaps gossiping about the cutest in the ANBU. I think it's Michi in the cafeteria. Now, hip hip, let's go. The appointment for story time and demonstration is set. Oh, who wants to do the story, who wants to perform the demonstration, who wants to be demonstrated on? Of course, knowing when you are able to sneak away, is always helpful."

------------------------

To the south of the village, a little past the village wall, a large twisting chestnut tree wrapped around a hollow, with glass and a door built in, making it so that the tree itself WAS a building. Each step cracked with the dried chestnuts, and the leaves grew out far shading over the group. A sign reading "Madam Iwamoto's Orphanage" shimmered almost neon. Upon approaching, the sign literally scattered as dozens of fireflies flew away, but they quickly regrouped. The front door opened, and a haggard young woman opened.

"Oh! You must be the story tellers! I'll tell the Madam. I'm Tsubasa, just a caretaker. Chiiiiildren, the ninja are here!"

Dozens of small heads seemed to pop up to get a look at the ninja, a look of joy and sparkles on the little faces.

Ren Ogumo
Squad Miyu​

Ren watched as Miyu spread webbing between her fingers and studied it for a moment, the ANBU captain expressing surprise at the detail of the report. "Gathering the information was a team endeavor," she said in response. Ren held out a hand, a spider dangling from her fingertip on a thread of silk to emphasize. "There's a chance this third party has already departed the scene, or they're very well hidden. We're not skilled enough to tell for certain. So please be wary when moving forward." At the comment on her lost spiders, she only nodded.

A surprised squeak left the kunoichi as Ren ducked from the hurled pen. She knew if it was actually being thrown at her, there wasn't any dodging it but that didn't stop the reflex. She hesitated, staring at Miyu with wide eyes hidden behind her own mask. Should . . . should we offer to help? Can we even help? A word of comfort or encouragement was likely to just end with her being launched like the unfortunate pen.

Speaking of . . .

She was thankful she wasn't close to Miyu when the tree fell apart in the wake of her attack.

As soon as the panic began, it was over. Ren stood and watched as Miyu started for the forest, giving out orders. "Yes, captain." She caught the earpiece that was tossed to her, quickly putting it in and setting up the little radio.

Ren hung back as the others made their way forward and disappeared into the forest. "Now then . . ." She flowed chakra into her fingertips, feeling it extend out into thin silk threads. The kunoichi set to work, stringing up webs across the treetops and even out across the river. Numerous spiders emerged from her robes, most of them laid in wait in the branches, others still carried silk further into the forest. She'd be able to feel Shikahide coming as he'd run back through the forest towards the river and spring her trap.

Spider Web Area

But until then . . . Ren pulled out a sheet of cloth from her pack and leaned back against the tree she had lept up to while stringing webs.

Cloak of Invisibilty

Noam Noam Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu

• fcdd16a297ec616e5bdb994fcde15b5ae77e4e99.png

Interacting With:
    Rokuro ( IG42 IG42 ), Emi ( Hanarei Hanarei ) Kazuo ( Orikanyo Orikanyo ) Kaito ( Ganryu Ganryu )
    ~ Training Room -> Orphanage ~
    ~ Squad Kazuo ~

Heart Forecast || Kanon's CS File

She started to smirk as her teammates brought up what was appropriate to tell the kids once they got there. Sure they could babble on about the chunin exam but what use would that be? Who wanted to hear about someone's biggest failure? Besides glossing over the subject was just as bad. No, she put her hands up to her cheeks before throwing her own two cents in.

“It's not a matter of if it's scary or not. You should worry more if it's realistic or not. Like you’re their only real view of what a ninja looks like! You gotta make sure to tell them all the nitty-gritty details! Even if it is a mission that just means that we should work even harder to get the job done right!”

She jumped when Commander Kaito made himself known from the shadows.

“Waa- Oh.”

Oh man, how come no one warned her of that. She’d need to be quicker on her feet next time.

“What you mean we can’t go explaining how to best cut through the enemy? But those are valuable life skills!”

She threw her hands up before pushing up and off the floor to start the walk to Iwamoto’s with the slightest of pouts on her face. With a quick adjustment of her sword, she quickly realized they had an issue. She was already decked out in ANBU Gear. Even better yet. She didn’t know where she was.

Welp one problem at a time. She started to strip off the ANBU cloak and mask instead wondering how she was going to deal with it.

Oh.

She started to fold the item quickly stuffing it in her inner coat pockets while dropping out several knife sharpening blocks and other weapons maintenance items from the inner lining onto the floor of the training room. When it was all done she threw on the coat ignoring the very clear bulk on her behind. She strapped the mask to her hip hidden beneath the long coat she typically wore.

“Ha! There we go, All evidence hidden!”

With that, she began to lower into a running position.

“Follow if you want! EMI, ROKU LETS GO FIRST GETS TO PICK DINNER!”

Without a single glance back she broke out into a dead spirit just barely aware of the target destination. The mask made a small clinking sound drowned out by the similar sound from her sword as it hit her hip with each movement. With a few wrong turns along the way, she managed to get to Madam Iwamoto's orphanage. Once she had she took a moment to scan around the area getting used to the surroundings and trying to pick up hints.

Team Taisei

“Okay then. Hyuga, recon at the Senju compound.” He could call her Hyuga without creating undue confusion, Taisei supposed. It wasn’t like there was any reason he would be addressing himself in third person, or like people generally called him Hyuga anyway. He was Taisei to all who knew him, unless they knew him by a code name. “We want to know if they have people guarding the wine or the compound in general, and what kinds of traps and seals we should be looking out for.

“Uchiha, you can find us some criminal contacts. For wine smugglers, I’d try Buta-chō.”

Taisei thought about that neighborhood, and about the fact that Uchiha was a teenaged girl from a wealthy family who’d probably never had much cause to go there before. He thought about himself as a teenager from a wealthy family, going to Buta-chō for the first time.

“And I will come with you,” he continued smoothly, “Because I need smokes, and I might know a guy, assuming that she hasn’t gotten herself killed by now. And I’m sure Nakamura can handle interviewing Senju Kazuo on her own. He’s very nice,” he added to Nariko. “And about seven feet tall, so not hard to find. He spends a lot of time in the training room or at his store. Compliment his cooking if it comes up.

“Before I dismiss you, though, I have something to actually teach you.” He reached into his belt pouches and pulled out ink, a brush and a blanks scroll. “A very, very basic fuinjutsu that’s going to help us carry away steal all that wine Nakamura wants. It only keeps things fresh for three hours, so not great for longer missions, but when we’re staying in the village, it suits our purposes just fine.”

Last edited:
Squad Kasane
Ryūji Ganbā
Interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Phayne Phayne IG42 IG42

1651695591492.png
“Ugh, exactly what I was afraid of. Why give us an impossible task, it’s like playing cards with a rigged hand. There is no fun in it…” Ryuji complained to himself, but in the end his blood boiled at a chance to play a risky game.

Hearing Kiyoshi’s question Ryuji held a self-defeating smile on his face “Well given that we had a grand total of an hour and a bit to be a team and we are facing an Anbu member. I’d give us an odds of winning of about 1:5 no 6 thousand… But if we take our time we can figure a good plan out. After all, she hasn’t given us a time limit.” He placed a finger on his chin, processing all the possible ways they could approach this. But he still couldn’t think of anything “Ugh this is the wooooorst, honestly why must I be cursed to do this!” he grabbed his head while yelling out loud before taking a deep breath and saying “Welp, I am a Ganba, I can’t help but play a risky game…”

“Let's examine our cards… Kiyoshi, of course with your sound kekkei genkai, and basically being our only frontline option we can… Eiichi shit wait!”
Ryuji was stuck in his own thoughts so he didn’t notice until it was too late when Eiichi decided to summon his clones and use the numbers advantage. “Welp now fuck, guess we are doing it live.” he told himself before asking Kiyoshi “Yo support Kiyoshi can you amplify the sounds I make?” taking out a seal scroll Ryuji asked the sound using kekkei genkai wielder before explaining his plan. “While she is distracted by Eiichi’s clones I’ll try to put her under a small genjutsu, it should at least make her believe I’m directly fighting her. If it works while you two and my clone attack her, I’ll try placing a few bomb tags on the roof near the rope. After all it doesn’t matter if the rope is cut or not, so why not bring down the whole roof?” the ends of his mouth rising to give Kiyoshi his punchable poker grin.

“Now also, I’ll need about a minute or two to set it up, maybe three with the amount of concentration I’ll have to have to keep the illusion up. What do you think? Can you guys hold out for that long?” Ryuji asked while his hands started to form hand seals. He was about to use Yin Release: Gambler’s Fake, he didn’t know if it would work or not but at this point there was not much else he could do. “But be warned this plan only has a slim margin of success. So prepare for the worse.” before he started using the technique, clicking his tongue seven times.

Squad Kazou
As Emi spoke Rokuro crossed his arms and nodded attentively, or it seemed that way until he continued nodding for several seconds after she stopped talking. "Talked to about being a ninja huh?" He thought back and came up with the memory of a man with bandages covering half his face and most of his torso. "'Is it cool being a Ninja?' I should've become a damn potter like my momma told me!" "But pots are boring." He mumbled then tried to think of what stories he had that fell into the middle ground of interesting and not involving sprays of blood.

Finally noticing the extra presence in the room Rokuro jumped and whipped out a kunai stopping just short of throwing it, looking a bit more closely at the Commander's well kept face fuzz he touched his thoroughly bare upper lip thoughtfully. Could I do that? Would it get nasty when blood got in it? At the question of who would do what he raised a hand. "Hai! I'd like to do the demo bit!"

Hurriedly scrunching up his cloak and stashing it away out of sight along with his mask he dashed off after Kanon just about managing to catch up to her after her cheeky start to the informal race. "You'll have to be a little quicker than that to shake me." He said with a smirk before turning his attention to the small children. "Wassup lil ticks!"

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Hanarei Hanarei Ganryu Ganryu

Nariko Nakamura
Team Taisei
1651813824690.png

Location: ANBU, Library | Mood: Excited | Interactions: Hisa Hyuga ( InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum ), Natsume Uchiha ( AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy ), Taisei Hyuga ( Noam Noam ) | Mentions: N/A

Natsume seemed generally agreeable with her assessment, so Nariko felt her confidence soar again. Though, her next words didn't make much sense. Kazuo selling them out to the Senju? Bad time? What? Nariko's only thought process regarding Kazuo was 'help'. He's in ANBU, it didn't seem correct to have him still be hung over his old family clan. In fact, if he were Nariko, she'd do anything to try and leave her clan once she knew they didn't want her. However, the rest of what she said made some more sense, but who would know that Kazuo was even the one to tell them? Did Natsume not trust her team on keeping their lips sealed?

However, Nariko had no idea there was jutsu out there that could obtain such knowledge, whether from a willing or an unwilling participant. But Natsume seemed way too careful. While Nariko didn't underestimate the intelligence of her 'targets', she didn't think they'd remember that if it ever came time to it in the future. Unfortunately, she also wasn't the careful type and found subtleties a waste of time, so she wasn't too keen on being wary of her target's natural inclination to remember things.

Splitting up was an odd idea, but one Nariko was readily willing to do. Nariko being paired with their sensei, while feeling like she had to be babysat, was going to be interesting to say the least. She wanted to get to learn how Taisei fought. Maybe she can challenge him to a fight on the way there or when they need to kill some time. Hisa was tasked to head to the compound, while Natsume gave herself the idea to find fences or contacts.

Whether it was talking to and getting along with a possible coworker or finding information, the fiery taijutsu user thought herself great with people, so she didn't think there would be an issue with any of these tasks. When Taisei iterated he was coming along with the Uchiha instead, she wondered why beyond the smokes and knowing someone. Did he think it was too dangerous for her? She raised an eyebrow at him, a little amused. She's an Uchiha, she could handle it. However, it did suck that she couldn't ask him questions along the way.

The information that Kazuo was seven feet tall made her smirk. She was about to make some obligatory plant sprouting joke, but Nariko was distracted by the fact Kazuo cooks (yum!) and Taisei was going to teach them something. She thought it was going to be something she could actually do, but then he pulled out stuff for fūinjutsu and she felt her stomach tie in a knot. She tried fūinjutsu once and sucked at it. Why now?

1651818520506.png

"Alright, Team Kusagara! Attention!"

1651818949486.pngYukihira Soma1e.jpg

Three young kids, each looking to be preteens, stood before a large, imposing man, their bodies standing straight with their hands at their sides like they were taught. However, neither of them could stop the small smiles on their faces. A young female, Nariko, stood between the two boys. During this time of her life, she was relegated to wearing a navy blue jacket and black shorts with her bo-staff on her back.

"Adachi Jiro." The white-haired man spoke calmly with his arms crossed, the chain of his kusarigama wrapped comfortably around his shoulder and the sickle itself stuck to his hip with a loop. The young boy with red hair and electric blue eyes straightened even further, two swords slung criss-cross behind his back. "I assume you know what we are doing today."

"Eh, no, Zoru-sensei." Jiro shook his head, his voice sounding his usual gruff 'n' tuff.

"Yasui Osamu?" Zoru put his attention on the black-haired kid, his hair in a ponytail and his chocolate brown eyes stared at his sensei. Osamu's grin never faltered, which was odd for him.

Osamu nodded. "Yes, sir. We are to learn each other's best jutsu and styles." Jiro peered at him from the side, his grin turning into a grimace as he realized the kid didn't actually know, it was Zoru's way of having the students choose what they were going to learn today and not guessing.

Still, he asked anyway, hoping to dispel the illusion that this was surely a joke. "Seriously? Was that a guess or what?"

"When he asks us on Tuesdays and Saturdays what we should learn, it's to let us use our ideas. I didn't guess." Osamu shrugged, his voice never losing its composure or softness as he felt his teammate becoming more irate. "But I guess patterns aren't exactly your strong suit. Today should change that."

Jiro was about to yell, his glare fully on the cool and collected Osamu until he felt the kind, yet firm gaze of Zoru boring through him. He grumbled instead, crossing his arms and looking away.

Nariko simply giggled at their antics, choosing to stay silent for now as there were a lot of things to learn today then. Even though she felt weird doing so, she wanted to try out Jiro's graceful sword techniques and try a hand at Osamu's fūinjutsu. Once the kids simmered down, Zoru continued. "Now that you aren't at each other's throats," he made a point to look directly at Jiro, who grumbled and looked away. "We can start. Let's allow Jiro some time to calm down before the red of his hair ignites. In the meantime, Osamu and Nariko can teach each other their techniques." Jiro grumbled again and walked a few paces away from the group, choosing to sit on the ground criss-cross and trying not to blow a fuse.

The black-haired kid, decked in black and beige robes, sat down and calmly pulled out an inkwell with a stopper, a brush, and some blank scrolls. Setting down her bo-staff, Nariko sat across from Osamu on her legs, watching him as Osamu began to teach her. "Fūinjutsu doesn't exactly use chakra in the way ninjutsu and genjutsu use it. In fact, it puts more emphasis on the placement and type of symbols, which becomes patterned in specific ways. It's like art, but a bit more formulaic. You can seal just about anything inside if you make the correct seal, and you have to know the unsealing technique to pull out whatever you stored within. You can also make barriers and ritual circles doing so, but those are a bit more complex and require more components." Osamu, having come from a family of scribes and couriers, sounded like he's done this at least a million times.

However, Nariko wasn't sure what to even make of it. Yeah, it was cool, but it sounded a lot like math if math just had letter variables and it sounded confusing. Using literature and words in a mathematical art form? This wasn't her thing, but she was ready to try it. "Okay, I think I got it."

"Let's try something simple. The Enclosing Technique, a technique that's the easiest technique to do. Six symbols are all it needs. It can store something like this." Osamu pulled out a kunai and set it beside the scroll. "Most, if not all sealing techniques, are made in a circle. You can attribute it to just flowing better that way, trapping whatever you need inside it." Nariko watched as Osamu began making the symbols necessary, not even needing to tilt the paper every which way to put it on. Must be practice. Each symbol was different and, to Nariko, they all just looked like different squiggly lines. He then set the kunai on the parchment, and Nariko watched in awe as the scroll swallowed the kunai with light. The weapon appeared on the paper in drawn form, as if Osamu had drew it on there. She half-expected Osamu to have pulled some kind of genjutsu trick too, considering he was also good at that, but he seemed to be genuinely excited (even if he didn't seem so enthusiastic) to show Nariko how to use the technique. Osamu then handed her the inkwell and brush, opening the scroll more to a blank space. "You try it."

Nariko dabbed the brush in the well and began to copy the first symbol at the top. Her lines were shaky, but it didn't look so bad. However, she had to move her body or the paper, tilting it so that the symbol didn't come out too badly tilted. As she made the six symbols, Nariko had made a crucial error she missed. Before Osamu could stop her, she slammed her own kunai on the paper, only to wait for nothing to happen. She furrowed her brow, confused.

"You have a few symbols upside down."

"What?!" Nariko asked in utter confusion. "Maybe I can just try again." And that she did for another ten minutes, making circles upon circles of symbols and slamming her kunai down on each one only for them to not work. She would keep going until Osamu shook his head and sighed. He pointed out all that was wrong, from having a symbol flipped, to missing a crucial "wiggle point", to having some symbols be too tilted the wrong way, to having missed one or two altogether in her disbelief and impatience.

Finally, Nariko had to concede. She just hung her head, unwilling to continue further. Osamu, likewise, began to clean up, stoppering his inkwell and wiping his brush dry. "Let's not sit here all day. I'd rather not lose an entire scroll nor do we want Jiro to stand there watching you suffer."

Nariko looked over to see Jiro snickering at her, completely enjoying her torment as Osamu calmly put away his things, pulling out his kunai from the only successful circle that was made - his own - and pocketing that, too. Nariko threw her kunai at Jiro, who dove out of the way with a yelp.

She proceeded to easily whoop both Osamu's and Jiro's asses with her Fang Fist Style, and nearly bested Jiro at his own style of sword fighting before they were done training for the day.

She didn't let her past sully her experience now. It's been a few years. Maybe this time it would be a bit better. He did say it was very, very basic so even horrendous users at fūinjutsu can do this, right? Only keeps things fresh for three hours he said, but Nariko wondered if sucking at making the seal would make this time limit shorter.

Either way, she balled her hands and slammed her fists a bit too harsh on her hips to hide her frustration as she smirked challengingly at the ink and blank scrolls, as if the darn things were challenging her by simply existing and being in eyeshot of her. "How shall we do this seal? I must admit, I've only done a simple fūinjutsu seal a few times and couldn't get it to work. My chakra is usually molded to damage things or make loud noises for distractions and being the biggest target there is, so concealing and being crafty with symbols isn't completely my jam. How does chakra play a role in this?" She was hoping that maybe she was just doing this whole chakra dealio with fūinjutsu thing wrong. Was she supposed to include it or not? Despite being taught how it worked, she hoped that maybe there was something else she was missing or maybe she just really sucked at her penmanship.

Last edited:
Squad Kasane
Following Eiichi's approach with her eyes Kasane waved at him and then a random clone as they scattered. "Good to see you Eiichi! Kind of you to visit unlike some people." She spoke loudly enough for all three boys to hear so the goading came through clearly. "Still there is a difference between acting decisively and hastily." Abandoning the pretence of following one of the basic clones she turned to the real Eiichi and sent a chain his way, bunching it up at the end like a fist she aimed to sock him in the gut but pulled the punch enough to not do any great harm and give him the chance to dodge with his smoke clone.

Not wanting to ignore the other two she glanced down and saw Ryuji was busy with some handseals, while Kasane considered letting him finish to see what the boy had in mind she decided to punish him a little for trying that sort of thing out in the open, then again if Kiyoshi was on the ball he might play bodyguard for his teammate. Conjuring up a ball of water she gave it an exaggerated baseball pitch straight at his face like a water balloon. "Oh I'm sorry did I break your concentration?!" Water based irritation and quip delivered Kasane returned her attention back to Eiichi watching for his next scheme.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Phayne Phayne SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Team Miyu

When Miyu-sensei jumped, Yumi jumped too, only hers didn’t end in shattered rocks and a tree cleaved in half as fast and clean as a lightning strike. She just landed on the next branch over and watched their sensei slide to the ground and start pulling on an inhaler like it was a pipe.

Which raised a lot of questions, like: how could you be an ANBU if you had asthma and one arm, and how did she do that thing to the tree and also is this asthma or is Miyu-sensei just crazy? Yumi tried to make eye contact with Ton and Ren to see if they were having the same thoughts, but the masks made it impossible.
Ton, at least, sounded kind of worried when he spoke next, like maybe he also thought there was a chance Miyu-sensei was crazy. It was hard to tell with Ren. And then Sensei snapped back and started giving them orders, and orders, Yumi could do. And Ton even stopped himself from being too much of a condescending asshole, so yay for him.

“Yes, Captain. I’ll be ready to shoot as non-lethally as possible.”

She did find a tree, one with a clear line of sight up and down the riverbanks. Using chakra to anchor her feet to the side of the trunk, she unsealed her bow and quiver, nocked an arrow, and waited for their errant Nara and his plant-making friend to appear. Hopefully just one friend. They were badass ANBU and all, but Yumi didn’t particularly like the thought of taking on a whole team of missing-nin on their very first mission. Especially if their sensei was losing her mind…

Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki

Team Miyu
Orikanyo Orikanyo Noam Noam KageYuuki KageYuuki

Ragged pants echoed as Shikahide's eyes unfocused as he dragged himself towards the cliff towards the Valley of the End. At the cliff, a winding staircase led down it for civilians, and Shikahide briefly glanced it. However, an orange glow began to suffuse the forest, and his eyes narrowed as he looked behind him, seeing a large meteoric fireball lighting up everything it's path as it flew towards him.

-Fire Release: Descending Hell Jutsu-

"What the hell....? Shit shit shit!"

He began to panick, changing direction of his walk, and beginning to sprint back towards the forest as everything began to briefly incinerate. His run was almost comical from how he was nearly, but not quite, tripping over every step.

Two 'thwaps' came as kunai with string tied a trip wire infront of him. Shikahide didn't even glance at them, or react, or even seem to notice. His shadow slithered towards the tree. One of the kunai in the tree quivered, before coming free and being flung away, the trap becoming loose and undone just as Shikahide's foot flew over the wire. With it lose, it only briefly caused him to stumble, but within a second he was running again.

From the radio, Miyu's voice sounded in everyone's earpiece. "Target is on the move, back towards the river. I'm not like this though, that shadow technique he's using isn't in any of his records. And Shikahide's being far too clumsy for a Jonin candidate. Something's wrong here, we're missing info. Nothing is more dangerous to an ANBU operative than bad info. Even if that info is 'your target's an idiot.'"

Squad Kazuo

Emiko Senju

BRLjpnX.jpg

The girl's head turned rather suddenly as she heard a voice from behind. The ANBU commander? It was a bit of a surprise to see the man again, the fact he had approached without any of them seeming to realize rather terrifying to think about. While they were still effectively Genin they were far from being green. The fact they hadn't in the least bit had a hint of his presence until he was there upon them not even in hiding only showed just how much of a higher caliber the man was. Her amber eyes glancing at the man seeming quite a bit more relaxed then her teammates though it wasn't exactly a point she could brag about. In the end if it had been an enemy they would of all been dead, her just dying with slightly more dignity or perhaps just looking oblivious.

Emiko looked on being quiet compared to her companions. A simple nod being her response as she tucked away her own mask away looking briefly where Kazou had been as he seemed to be sent away somewhere. She pushed away that thought fixating on the task at hand. Truthfully she wasn't all that certain what sort of story would be good to tell to the little ones though she had to admit both her companions had her a bit worried . Kanon almost seeming like she would be the type to joke around and say something a bit too much, while Kasane... well he would be the type to not think through what he was saying at all. Fortunately he seemed far more concerned being the one to handle some demonstrations.

The browned hair girl blinked rather taken back as Kanon seemed to make a race out of it. Emiko standing back as she took off with it easily sparking Rokoru to take off after her. Emiko lifting her hand up in protest.

"W... wait!"

She spoke watching as it seemed the makeshift race was going to happen whether she liked it or not. The girl shaking her head in response standing where they had started. Didn't they think it might be a good idea to discuss a story or figure out what they could show the kids first on the way? A race wasn't going to give them anytime to discuss anything at all. Even if they headed off quickly to their destination together they could of at least talked it over a bit. Emiko shook her head letting out a soft sigh as she took off heading over to the Orphanage, not at all bothering to worry about Kaito. She was more then certain he wasn't going to have the slightest issue keeping up with little issue.

Emiko stepped up next to her teammates, clearly the last to arrive. Her head shaking back and forth as she looked forward. Any sort of uneasy had all but evaporated as a soft smile formed on Emiko's lips seeing as the children pop their heads up seeing the excitement in their faces. It filled the girl with warm seeing such enthusiasm. It really was quite a cute sight to behold. It only made the fact someone was kidnapping them all the more disgusting to her. She hadn't realized just how much it had irked her every fiber of her being until she got to see the children in person.

Then she heard Rokuro speak up with the remark 'little ticks'. A harsh glare had so quickly formed at what sounded like an insult rather then an endearing greeting. A firm hand sung out smacking her fellow teammate on the back of the head before pushing his head down to resemble as if he might be bowing to the kids. The girl smiling warmly as if to try and counter him quickly before they might take some offense to it.

"Tricksters! Sorry, he isn't very good at speaking! He got into a little tussle with a fluffy ninja dog the other day and got ticks on him. The dog was quite scary at first barking and acting mean, but as soon as he managed to wrestle the dog down, we managed to wash him off and clean him up. He was so happy and calm after finally getting cleaned up. The little dog was happy and giving Roku here the biggest puppy kisses!"

A warm smile remained painted on her face throwing together a made up story on the spot as an excuse for her friend.

IG42 IG42 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Ganryu Ganryu

6ca58a8c58915ec0014d872fbe8a35f1.png

1a1f27398f2c23919b92b89234c784163a676353r1-1200-1600v2_00.jpg

~Squad Kasane~
Mentions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck IG42 IG42 The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
360_F_343147442_BT7ay5L5jQAc6g14QlYDFelfeF1kgmri.jpg

Drawing Kiyoshi's attention to himself; Ryūji had began the formulation of a plan; one which seemed to rely on the red head's Sound KKG, though any more specifics were to remain a mystery as before he could finish voicing his idea, the blonde haired fire cracker that was Eiichi would instead decide to 'act now' rather than to wait.

Giving Eiichi a customary glance as he spoke, Kiyoshi could not help but feel that the quick decision to rely on genjutsu was made a bit too rashly. It was a tad naive to believe that her admission of being weak in that department meant she was 'weak enough' to fall victim to whatever they could cook up on the spot or to assume that she had not mastered techniques to overcome those fundamental flaws in herself. Simply charging in and hoping that one of their Genjutsu's would hit the mark was a foolish endeavour... yet merely standing here like statues was just as foolish as well. They needed to act if they were to even grasp a sliver of hope of accomplishing the task before them.

As the blonde haired youth charged forward, his visage intermixed with 5 identical replica's, the red haired Kiyoshi would soon turn his attention back to Ryūji when prompted with the question. "I cannot amplify your sound... however I can replicate and project it" he replied, while it may not have seemed that different, the fact that he could not amplify the sound directly meant that there would be a small time-delay, due to his prerequisite need to have heard the sound first before being able to reproduce it.

Continuing to listen to Ryūji's plan, Kiyoshi would begin to understand the gist of where he was going with it, the minor adaptation to Eiichi's recklessness was not lost either. That being said, there was one thing that bothered Kiyoshi and that was the fact that Ryūji was basically leaving himself completely exposed.

The plan as Kiyoshi understood it was to have himself and a clone of Ryūji join in with Eiichi's attempt to distract Kasane; thus buying him time to try and ensnare their red head squad leader with one of his genjutsu techniques. That being said, this plan seemed to rely on their ability to successfully restrain Kasane long enough for him to activate his jutsu, much less prevent her from attacking him directly. With everyone on the offence, it also meant that there was nobody to defend Ryūji from being targeted and if he were to fail in his attempt to ensnare Kasane, then their whole plan would have fallen to failure anyway. It was too much of a gamble.

Kiyoshi's concerns were soon brought to the fore as their attention was drawn towards Kasane, the red haired vixen of a squad leader fully focused on the duo of Kiyoshi and Ryūji. Just as Kiyoshi had expected, she was not the generous type who would allow herself to be easily targeted, nor was she charitable enough to let them get away with their ambitious scheme without punishment.

Glancing down to Ryuji who was still in the process of setting up the genjutsu, Kiyoshi moved to the fore, placing his body between the oncoming orb of water and that of Ryūji. As he did so, his hands were moving at a speed discernible to most people, eventually finishing on the hand sign for tiger which he held firm. A red glow would begin to radiate from his mouth as a curse mark took form upon his tongue and as the glow hit its brightest light, a small blast of sound was released. Whilst this was the form used for his Crescendo Roar technique, he had instead released the hand sign for tiger far quicker than he would normally do. In doing so, the roar itself was shortened to a small blast of sound and his chakra was conserved for later use.

The sound blast would intercept the orb of oncoming water with enough force to cause it to explode in mid air, showering the grown with droplets of water as well as causing a small puff of smoke to appear from where the blast had originated. Using both the sound of the blast as well as the temporary smokescreen from the spray, Kiyoshi would throw two Kunai in the direction of where Kasane was, hoping that they would at least take her by surprise long enough to either get Ryūji's genjutsu to activate or for Eiichi to seize an opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back