• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
ferrum.extra-condensed.png

2e77a693ce6d9aa9dc170a7599d3024f.jpg

Welcome to Myth, an alternate universe, and for those who reside in the year 2020, a video game. Every historical figure (every historical figure that could be proven to have actually existed once upon a time)—every historical figure in death has been transported not to heaven or hell but to an alternate universe, a video game, where they are all gathered to be selected by real-life players to fight against the end-game boss, Adolf Hitler.

This game was greatly inspired by the anime Drifters, but this is an original story. There will be a system, but it will be easy to learn and fun to play. The only work required of you is to take your time reading and understanding this game. Again, take your time reading and understanding this game. There is no hurry. Also, ask questions if you are confused.

The video game the historical figures are transported to is called “Myth” as in the title of this RP. You will select a character from history who will be given supernatural powers similar to what we would expect in a video game. These characters will all start at level one with basic gear, and they will have the opportunity to level up throughout the story.

You will not select characters from fantastical legends such as Sigurd, Beowulf, Achilles, etc. You will not pick gods or demigods. They must be people who actually existed in history, and they can be from any time period even modern. You also cannot pick any religious figures.

There won’t be a fantasy map in this game because all characters will move in a party. We can have more than one party if this game attracts that much interest. A party is comprised of six characters. Characters, in-game, will be able to choose who they want to party with them. It can also be done preemptively in the OOC. As far as character building, there will be a link to a Character Sheet section in the Extra pages. In that Character Sheet section, players can work on their characters, ask the GM or each other questions. Sometimes the GM answered the question and the player didn't know. The only way this game will work is if players interact. If you do not have time for this game; if you have an attitude; then I will not allow you into this game. Be willing to commit to this game or don’t join.

Starting Point

All characters will warp into a city called Chimalas. Chimalas is a human capital; however, there exist other fantasy races in this game. To all creatures in the world of Myth, the heroes are alien, and are easily recognized as not being from their world. The heroes are called, Outlanders. Nonetheless, it is an Outlander who has terrorized the world of Myth with his great army and his name is Adolf Hitler. The king of Chimalas has been seeking good Outlanders who can fight the forces of evil. As soon as your characters start appearing in Chimalas, the guards will apprehend them in order to take them to the king. From that point, the GM will reveal more about the story. You will learn more about Chimalas in the IC. The IC will provide pictures, a description of the city, and allow characters to contribute to the city's creation with NPC names, common locations, etc.

You will find character building information in the link below. Please see this link for the character page where you can start working on your character.

The link under construction will just tell you how the combat system will go. Just to give you an early heads up, it will be based on cards that the GM will give you. Each player will be given six random cards. Players can then choose those cards to dish out "x" damage however they see fit. When they run out of cards, they will simply be given six more until the battle ends with the defeat of the enemy. Understand, enemies will also have cards to use against player characters. Cards can be used either offensively, defensively, or for support purposes. Six-sided die will be used for evasion and accuracy determinations. If this sounds fun to you, then proceed on with your creation. It will be very fun and easy I promise. If it sounds confusing or scary, it is all right. I will hold your hand until you get accustomed to it.

Links

Character Creation
Combat System

Q&A

Q:
If I have three points in willpower does that mean I can have three spells that I can use once per fight or have one spell that can be used three times? Or will I be able to use three of my skills three times per fight?

A: If your willpower is 3, this means you have three spells, and it also means that each of those spells can be used three times.

Q: Can weapons add a bonus point to the player's attribute?

A: As far as weapons adding bonus points to a player's attribute, the starting weapon, no. I was planning for there to be possibilities for characters to acquire weapons either buy purchasing them in a store or by acquiring them as special drops from bosses (randomly generated of course). Whatever weapon that is just "meh" they can sell to a NPC for gold. Gold can be used to purchase frequency potions (uses) that allow characters to restore their uses in a battle if they run out. But weapons bought from the store will only grant 1 attribute bonus. The reason why there is a limitation is because there are only 5 levels. Special Boss dropped weapons grant +2 attribute bonus which will be the highest bonus players can get in the game.

Q: I'm assuming that every time a round ends we will be given a random card again so is it possible to do nothing for one round to get a higher chance of transcending?

A: You are only given a whole new hand when you use all of your cards.

Q: Since we're using anime or digital art, how much can we deviate from how they really look in real life? Since it's pretty hard to look for digital art for someone who died a long time ago.

A: You just pick an anime or digital art that looks somewhat similar or matches the historical period they're from. I don't expect the pics to be spot-on.

Character Roster

Warriors:
1 | Rangers: 0 | Defenders: 1 | Scholars: 3| Engineers: 0

1. Gene Kelly (Scholar)
2. Marie Laveau (Scholar)
3. Wilhelm Wundt (Scholar)
4. Miyamoto Musashi (Warrior)
5. Richard the Lionheart (Defender)

Players are allowed to make 3 characters total.

Last edited:
The Combat System for Myth has been added under links. I made changes. Instead of players and enemies receiving six randomly generated cards, they will receive five. Players are free to chat and ask questions here or in the Character Creation section. I am here to help you get your character created and help you understand this game system. In the meantime, I am going to be editing the changes I said I made.

As questions are asked and answered, I will make a Q&A section so that new players looking at the game can reference the section.

I added the XP section in the Combat System because I completely forgot about it. I think I am done making corrective edits. I will work on a sample CS, which I will post in the Character Workshop to give everyone an idea of how the CS for this game looks. If you guys think you already know how it works, then good on you. Feel free to drop a CS in the Character Workshop and don't bother waiting for my example.

I'm definitely interested though I have some questions about attributes and frequencies. If I have three points in willpower does that mean I can have three spells that I can use once per fight or have one spell that can be used three times? Or will I be able to use three of my skills three times per fight? and can weapons add a bonus point to the player's attribute?

Also, I'm assuming that every time a round ends we will be given a random card again so is it possible to do nothing for one round to get a higher chance of transcending?

I love the idea btw along with the combat and exp system.

I'm definitely interested though I have some questions about attributes and frequencies. If I have three points in willpower does that mean I can have three spells that I can use once per fight or have one spell that can be used three times? Or will I be able to use three of my skills three times per fight? and can weapons add a bonus point to the player's attribute?

Also, I'm assuming that every time a round ends we will be given a random card again so is it possible to do nothing for one round to get a higher chance of transcending?

I love the idea btw along with the combat and exp system.

1. You have three spells total. You have three uses. So if you use one for Spell A, one for Spell B, and one for Spell C, then you're out of uses. If you use all 3 uses for Spell A, then you're out of uses.

2. As far as weapons adding bonus points to a player's attribute, the starting weapon, no. I was planning for there to be possibilities for characters to acquire weapons either buy purchasing them in a store or by acquiring them as special drops from bosses (randomly generated of course). Whatever weapon that is just "meh" they can sell to a NPC for gold. Gold can be used to purchase frequency potions (uses) that allow characters to restore their uses in a battle if they run out. But at most, weapons bought from the store will only grant 1 attribute bonus. The reason why there is a limitation is because there are only 5 levels. Special Boss dropped weapons grant +2 attribute bonus but that will be the highest bonus players can get in the game.

3. You are only given a whole new hand when you use all of your cards.

These are great questions. I will add them to the Q&A that I am building right now.

Last edited:
One last thing before I start working on my CS. Since we're using anime or digital art, how much can we deviate from how they really look in real life? Since it's pretty hard to look for digital art for someone who died a long time ago.

One last thing before I start working on my CS. Since we're using anime or digital art, how much can we deviate from how they really look in real life? Since it's pretty hard to look for digital art for someone who died a long time ago.

You just pick an anime or digital art that looks somewhat similar or matches the historical period they're from. I don't expect the pics to be spot-on. Another good question.

Auda Auda I was wrong about the frequencies. :dead: I was looking over the Character Sheet. Okay, so depending on how many points you have in either Constitution or Willpower, say for example, 3, you can use each of those skills or abilities 3 times until they are spent. Each skill or spell has 3 uses (again, depending on how many points you invest in their respective attributes). I'll correct that Q&A and make sure people know in the Workshop.

This sounds awesome! I'm interested. I know you mentioned no fantastical legends, but are there any limits to real-life legends? There are some fantastic people in history, surviving death and defying odds in hilarious ways.

This sounds awesome! I'm interested. I know you mentioned no fantastical legends, but are there any limits to real-life legends? There are some fantastic people in history, surviving death and defying odds in hilarious ways.

If it is actual, nonfiction history, then you can choose it.

Looking for more players. We have three scholars so far. I may open the game to at least 3 characters max per player if we can't get more participation/variety.

Please see the updated Character Roster. Do not be afraid of the system. If you know how to play a basic game of cards, then you know how to use this system because that is literally what it is.

Hey all! We're still looking for some more characters. If you like anime, RPGs, fantasy, adventure, action, and playing basic cards with friends, then you should look this way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back