• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Myth based apocalyptic survival RP interest Check

I am interested. If possible, I'll be a weakened Fenrir. Like, maybe he joined the mortals and gods to stave off the monsters? So the world could be destroyed by him alone being the only reason he helps? If not, a weakened Ra.

That is acceptable, but Fenrir would be weakened by a lack of Humanus fueling him from the beliefs of people that he wouldn't be vast stretches above a top tier Aspect user that could say, manifest traits from Hercules or Arjuna.

Elegy said:
That is acceptable, but Fenrir would be weakened by a lack of Humanus fueling him from the beliefs of people that he wouldn't be vast stretches above a top tier Aspect user that could say, manifest traits from Hercules or Arjuna.
((Alright. That makes sense, because full strength Fenrir would singlehandedly stop the monsters, then eat everything.))

Indeed, so would quite a few deities.

That brings me to an obstacle I have encountered. How high should the power level of everything be? I have basic indicators of the power level of the monsters as high explosives( heavy artillery and missiles) from the military could destroy them or at least force them back. The feats for a few mythical heroes are quite impressive though, ranging from destroying an entire city to shaking mountains.

Elegy said:
Indeed, so would quite a few deities.
That brings me to an obstacle I have encountered. How high should the power level of everything be? I have basic indicators of the power level of the monsters as high explosives( heavy artillery and missiles) from the military could destroy them or at least force them back. The feats for a few mythical heroes are quite impressive though, ranging from destroying an entire city to shaking mountains.
((True.... how about we have a bunch of different kinds of monsters, like difficulty sorta? Undead Skeletons-Easy. Those monsters from Pacific Rim -Brutal Murder Fest

I was planning on the monsters becoming stronger and stronger. First one would encounter regular undead skeletons level that can be taken down by trained military men all the way ranging to divine personifications of destruction like Typhon that needed to be have an island thrown at him to stop him. 

[QUOTE="The Doorman](Ooh, minotaurs, guys, we need more minotaurs In this conversation.)

[/QUOTE]
Don't worry my good man, most if not all of the Greek monsters of myth are going to be incorporated in some way or form since I am most familiar with Greek myth, with the Minotaur being one of my favorites.

Ooh, kind of like the difficulties in video games?

Understandable enough, yes? 
Ooh, yay~

Minotaur!

(Greek myths are so cool! Well, after Norse myths but, y'know!)

Yes indeed, with stronger monsters being sort of like "bosses", although just fighting monsters won't be all of the plot. I intend for some twists to be in here and there.

Elegy said:
Yes indeed, with stronger monsters being sort of like "bosses", although just fighting monsters won't be all of the plot. I intend for some twists to be in here and there.
Gods/Monsters should have humans forms at some point so they can pop out of nowhere. :D

Magic and Sorcery

Magic and sorcery are arts that have long been lost to the human mind, sealed away forever through the collective human rejection of greater use of the energy of Humanus. Instead, man has turned to the triumphs of the mind instead of the body, creating inventions and technological advancements. Nevertheless, the age of science and technology is far younger than was the age of legend and myth, and thus the power obtained from the heightening of the mind is comparatively much weaker to the powers of supernatural caliber perpetuated in the Age of Gods. The most common of these supernatural powers was the usage of Magic.

Magic is a diverse and extremely versatile art that is best described, in simplest terms, as the shaping of one's natural energy, Humanus, into a physical form to act as a fuel source to create displays of wonder. Humanus is a "blank slate" type of energy, something that can be easily shaped into whatever the user is most comfortable or attuned with. However, Humanus is also a set energy that cannot be changed or have its limits reformed easily, and this is why many mages in the Age of Gods focused on one specific form of sorcery to work upon.

Sorcery is the term for Humanus that has been fine tuned to be shaped into a specific form. This form is highly specific, and for most mages it took the form of an elemental affinity where a mage's natural humanus would be automatically shaped into the element that they were most attuned with. That is to say, this was not the only way Humanus could manifest. Humanus, due to its exceptional versatility, could be shaped into countless branches such as curses, bodily strengthening, Runic magic, creation of golems, alchemy, healing sorcery, etc.

What separates good mages from great mages is the ability to more efficiently use their Humanus. The more they can get out of every tiny bit of Humanus, the stronger their sorcery becomes, and this can only be achieved through constantly exhausting and replenishing Humanus levels - Essentially training. By replenishing and restoring Humanus, one does not increase his or her Humanus levels, but increases the efficiency of the Humanus able to be used. Every human is born with an equal amount of Humanus, but it is dedication and training that distinguishes mages from others. However, if one has divine blood in them, one can receive a huge boost to his Humanus reserves allowing for the creation of more large - scale and powerful sorceries that would normally exceed the total Humanus level within a regular human through divine heritage expanding the cap on the amount of Humanus.

Naturus

Magic and Sorcery practiced by non humans are created from their very life force or connection to the earth's strength if these creatures are beasts. They have what is called Naturus, essentially what Humanus is but an energy source gathered from the environment around them and stored or within their very life force and blood. Thus monsters and nature spirits such as fairies and nymphs tend to have a high rate of Naturus replenishment as it constantly is absorbed from the very air around them, while their maximum amount of Naturus tends to be lower than that of humans with Humanus. When a being with Naturus couples with a being with Humanus,a hybrid is formed that can utilize the best of both energies, including the greater versatility Humanus offers while having the faster replenishment rate of Naturus.

Divinus

The energy that gods and divine spirits use is called Divinus. It acts just like Humanus in that it has a rather slow rate of replenishment and has exceptional versatility in shaping it. However, Divine spirits have extremely large amounts of Divinus within them that would put the greatest of mages to shame. Additionaly Divine spirits tended to have a large variety of specialties and could drastically change the nature of their energies hence why many deities had many abilities and sorceries attached to them. When a divine spirit has offspring with either a Naturus or Humanus being, the Divinus is converted into Naturus or Humanus instead of retaining the divine energy. Enchantments and general sorcery created from Divinus will always trump the other energies in an engagement where both sides use an equal amount of their respective energies. One weakness of Divinus is that it relies on the power that both Naturus and Humanus grant it, reaped from the beliefs of the people that revere the deities.

Worldbuilding Dump for the types of magical energies and such. 
Upgraded the first post. I will be able to get the CS sheet up tomorrow as well as some last minute details and anything you guys want expounded upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back