• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mysteries of the Mundane (1x1 with Shannon Trevor)

She nods but she soon finds the door "Here we go, come on, I believe the coast is clear" she says as she slowly and silently opens the door, leading the way out of the basement into the main hall.

"Woah, fancy," Jon said, impressed at the grand hallway that lay before them. It was almost cavernous, with a high ceiling dominated by a large chandelier. Two wooden staircases hugged opposite walls while three separate hallways branched off in different directions.

"Got to hand it to them, at least they restored the place,before they moved in, it was abandoned and delipidated" she says as she tries a door "locked, but the one next to it is open"

The room looked like it was some sort of library with a number of study desks in it "woah" she mutters under her breath and begins eyeing the books

"Now that's cliche" she says with a little giggle and sighs "this place is huge, keep an eye out for anything suspicious though"

Jon moved to the opposite side of the room. Most of the tomes seeed very old and most appeared to have some sort of occult affiliation. The Colonel was impressed there was enough subject on the matter to fill the large library so thoroughly. He turned his back to the shelf and watched Skye work, admiring her figure from afar.

The library was an interesting location but so far there was nothing incriminating. He looked down at his Rolex once more.

Skye sighed "This has more books on the mysteries of life in here than all the libraries in the world combined, but look here Jon" she says, pulling out one on the mythos of Cthulhu.

Jon looked up from his watch and crossed the room. He looked over Skye's shoulder, gently pressing his body against hers to do so. "What do you have?"

"It is something about the mythos of Cthulhu, but it's in a language I've never seen before" she states, blushing at the close proximity of their bodies

"Possibly maybe if we found something on this language, but that'd be secondary, find anything else?" she asks and closes her eyes "think straight girl, focus on the mission"

Jon shook as his head as he moved back across the room, to a different bookcase. "I'm no expert on the Occult so I'm not quite sure what to be looking for," he admitted. "As for anything suspicious, I can't see anything out of the ordinary."

Skye soon found herself engrossed in the books she was finding, she was almost oblivious to anything that was happening around her

The room was bare of anything that resembled a clue as far as Jon could see. He was about to suggest moving on when he noticed how engrossed Skye was. It might not be his world but it was hers. Let her enjoy it for a while.

Jon circled the room slowly, double checking and still coming up blank. Skye was still deep in the tomes. Jon looked down to his Rolex once more.

"I know, it just..I don't understand, half of these books are in this language but I haven't found a single thing to explain it to me" she says but soon calms down and closes her eyes to try to calm down even more

Meanwhile, their entrance into the manor hadn't exactly gone unnoticed and two of the cultists had snuck up on Jon and tried to cover his mouth with a rag with chloroform on it to knock him out and hide him away somewhere.

Jon tapped the face of his Rolex. "Time we moved on. I think-Mmmphh! Mmmmmmphhhh!"

The surprise of the attack caused the Colonel to breathe in a lungful of the noxious liquid. He tried to pry the hand clamping the rag over his face away but it held firm as another set of arms wrapped themselves around his broad chest and began to pull him away.

"Mmppph!"

"I think so too Jon" Skye says as she closed another book but then turned around and didn't see him anywhere and her eyes widen in fear "J-Jon?" she asks as she begins to panic but then her keen sense of smell picked up the scent of chloroform "N-no" she whispers, looking around for anything to find him with

The two cultists bar the hidden door they jumped Jon from. "Is he out?" the man with the chloroform asked.

"Yeah," the other replied, looking at the Colonel. "Out like a light." He lifts Jon's left arm before letting it flop limply back to his side to make sure. They set Jon on his back, getting ready to carry him. "Why the old guy?" The second cultist asked. "I thought the girl would have been easier."

His partner shrugged. "Looked like it was the right call. The old guy was out in seconds."

"What will they do with him."

Skye then closed her eyes and used her aura sense to try and track Jon down, she sighs in relief "Good, he's still alive, but he's far away...no wait, he's scent is getting stronger" she thinks to herself as she follows the spell that only she could see.

"Interrogate him I imagine, then maybe decide if maybe he'll be a good sacrifice to our Gods"

"Oof! He's heavy." Said the cultist as he seized Jon under the arms while his partner grabbed him by the legs. Grunting with the effort, they managed to lift the Colonel's limp body off the floor and carry him deeper into the manor.

"No, his aura is moving now" she thinks to herself as she begins to follow it more closely "I c-can't let them get him" she says softly to herself, seemingly getting closer to where the cultists would be taking her partner.

"He's a soldier, so makes sense" the other one said as he shakes his head "I'm going to go scope out the girl" he says, hungrily licking his lips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back